Ages of Arda IV: Mantle of Darkness - Historical RPG OOC Thread & Sign-ups

The fair valley of Rivendell, upon whose house the stars of heaven most brightly shone.
New Soul
It'll be epic, Rivvy!

After knowing you for a little over a decade, I'm pretty sure that's Linnyspeak for "Yes, I want, Rian." She's all yours, @Aerlinn / Mom (I'm Tuor) ! :rofl: :winkkiss: :party: Dramatis Personae updated. Yes, dkng-writing indeed: "Rían was said to be gentle of heart, a lover of trees and wild flowers, and was known as a singer and maker of songs."

Anyone want to be Rian's unnamed mother? You can name her and build a personality, write her off when wanted.

@Ercassie , could you update the Vacancy List to remove Gorgol and Baragund? :winkkiss:
Last edited by Eriol on Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Eriol... 'One who dreams alone.' ” - Tolkien, The Book of Lost Tales I

Chief Counsellor of Gondor
@Aigronding Mordagnir - done. :wink:
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost
The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not touched by the frost.

New Soul
Thank you, mellon nin :winkkiss: !

@Dimcairien Luiniel @Aerlinn has taken Rian so letting you know your character's wife has an RPer. Y'all won't be hitched anytime soon though... she's still a kid :lol: .

Black Númenórean
@Aigronding Mordagnir - response post as Curufin up for the Aredhel storyline. And sounds good re: Morwen's story.

The post also includes a FA 60 flashback for a story that @Almarëa Mordollwen, @Quill, and I will be telling to flesh out some character backstory.
she/her | Esta tierra no es mía, soy de la nocheósfera.

New Soul
I'm glad to see you expanding the history of your Lindonese characters, @Tarawen !

Thain of The Mark
Sounds good, @Aigronding Mordagnir, I'm a bit pressed for time during this last week of my deadline, but I'm hoping to get an Emeldir post up before the weekend!
Bealdorhaelend
Proud member of the Eastmark
Lead Healer, Edoras Infirmary
Shopkeeper, Cwep Ciese

New Soul
Great, @Thalionwen Hunigfolm :headbang: ! If you need a little more time so you can focus on the deadline that will be okay, too :smooch: .

Forester of Lothlorien
So...I'm tempted! I've been working on the history of a particular elf, and though she isn't born in the First Age, her history has just been expanding and now includes her parents, and that of her husband (born in FA 455!) So, yeah. I have a Noldor couple and a Sindarin couple I would like to NPC here. Esgalnordir and Calarwen live in Gondolin. Gladhron is Sindar married to a Nandor elf of Denethor's following called Linnadis. They live in Doriath.

Esgalnordir is a skilled smith, and I imagine he might have helped with the building of Gondolin. I am as yet unsure which House he belongs to in the hidden realm. I plan on his being one of those jewel smiths who is deceived by Annathar and works on the rings in the Second Age. Calarwen and Esgalnordir are not yet married. Will likely be somewhere in FA500-and something.

I am wondering if Gladhron could have a place as a skilled archer or something in Menegroth. Linnadis has a fair voice, and perhaps has something to do in Melian's court. I am as yet unsure of her part.

So...yeah. Just looking for guidance on how I might jump in.... :grin:

New Soul
@Nen For an example, though I dont have the family line thing going on (yet), back when I got into this, three of my characters started as youths during the first battle. And honestly as I carried on with them, I made more characters that my characters meet as their paths diverge and now I have 10 of them (well 9 now rip lol) Playing a single character in a post can be difficult, but with another character involved under your control... The possibilities are endless.

edit: also they all started as icons, not gonna lie, the icons came first lol
Last edited by Celebrin on Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Soul
We need more people, @Nen , even if it's original characters! Your Gondolin NPCs could be friends of mine, Cassie's, Dwarrow's, or Aerlinn's. We're all there in the city and we could plot here. The smiths are all in the Hammer of Wrath; plenty of them went to the Dark Side and joined Maeglin but the others stayed with Rog and all died when Gondolin falls. Aig's wife, Rlina, is an architect and builder and helped construct Gondolin. She's a wealthy woman of the Rainbow. Maybe your skilled smith can be rich off his work and joined the Rainbow just in case you don't want him to die or be a traitor. Oh, he does live! Yes, yes join the Rainbow. What does Calarwen do? You'll have me for company in the Mirdain in our forthcoming Second Age RPGs; one of Aig's in-laws was one of the jewel-smiths, it's in his Second Age bio in Rivendell submissions.

@Ercassie , could you help Nen with Doriath settling in questions?

I'll be back later, Nen, have to get back on the clock.
Last edited by Eriol on Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

@Nen, I am working on a post as Thingol, in response to recent Doriath revelations; but you are very welcome to have your Sindar join in already without waiting for me, if you are keen. Feel free to respond to the Bragollach news, either from the new Sindar arrivals facing the Marchwardens at the outskirts (Aig's second to latest post), or from Beleg, delivering that same news of the devastation, back at the court (Laintaen's latest post), or in both places in fact, if you like. :googly:

Your archer could easily be one of the Marchwardens under command of Beleg Cuthalion (@Laintaen), or else one of the royal Guard, under command of Mablung (@Almarëa Mordollwen); whichever you would prefer. @Aigronding Mordagnir and @Celebrin and myself all have Marchwarden characters already. :wink:

As for his wife, you might want to poke Daeron (@Silarien), the minstrel of Doriath, in case the two of you want to collaborate on something of a musical regard together ?

Of course, if you don’t want to RP as though you’ve been here the whole time, you could have your Sindar pair arriving as part of the refugee group just now entering Doriath. How is that for a start to get you going ? :smile:
The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not touched by the frost.

Forester of Lothlorien
@Celebrin I know exactly what you mean!! My characters started out inspired by pretty pictures!....and now I have a cast of characters on my hands that I'm just itching to play. I agree about playing more than one character as well. It has taken me a while to realise that, but I'm getting the hang of it now....:D

@Aigronding Mordagnir Thank you, Aig! So, Esgalnordir is a member of the House of the Rainbow...? Is there anything I should know in particular about that house?...and also would the citizens of Gondolin be at any kind of unrest at the moment (FA 455?).

Calawen is a lorist, a scholar. She loves words and knowledge.

@Ercassie My characters are in Doriath at this time. I do believe Gladhron has been there from the time Thingol formed the realm, and Linnadis would have come over with her Nandor mother who came into Doriath from Ossiriand with Denethor when Thingol and Denethor fought off the orcs together. So yes, Gladhron would be a Marchwarden under Beleg.

I'll need to play catch-up on all your Marchwarden characters! How are you guys divided between Beleg and Mablung...?

I really love your suggestion of Linnadis collaborating with Daeron. Likely she would have more of a disciple's regard for him. @Silarien Would you be okay with this?

New Soul
Aimira is Aigronding's mother, @Nen. I mentioned in the Years of the Trees / First Age bio segments of mine in Rivendell Submissions that she is a loremaster & historical chronicler. Aimira, her husband Erindan, and Roina's parents belong to the Rainbow. Erindan is a business financier. Panion (Roina's dad) owns a construction company. Saira, Roina's mother, is a loremaster of the flora and fauna, a sage author like Aimira who is her best friend. Hopefully your Elves and mine can be friends in Gondolin :grouphug: and they could be in Aigronding's refugee camp as the survivors undertake the perilous journey to the Havens of Sirion Tolkien wrote about; we'll RP the Fall of Gondolin two RPGs from now. Erindan is murdered in the city's destruction :cry: . Aimira survives; she sails to Aman in the beginning of the Second age though. Saira is still alive in Plaza modern day and lives at Linyamaril, the Mordagnir estate (I havent' RP'ed her yet in the Valley of Rivendell Free RP but soon; I think Aerlinn wants to RP there with me) but Panion is killed during the Siege of Barad-dûr in Mordor at the end of the Second Age :cry: .

The citizens of Gondolin are at peace right now but Cassie and I have begun foreshadowing the dark nature of the Moles since before the Old Plaza shut down and I've continued that subplot in the present RPG. My character, Hatholdir (Aigronding's nemesis who's still alive in the modern day), is a prominent metallurgist of Chieftain Rog, the highlord who is the leader of the smiths and miners and quarrymen in Gondolin. Hatholdir is arrogant and Rog - played by Cassie in the Old Plaza but now used by Aerlinn - restricted his membership from the House of the Hammer and forbade him to use their forges. Charasmatic Hatholdir has started gaining a following of the
"grimmest and least goodhearted" Hammers (future Elves which will allign themselves with Maeglin when the Dark Prince summon many of Rog's people away to his House of the Mole).

Anyways! There's bliss in the city now until Thorondor brings Fingolfin's corpse to Gondolin :cry: . Right now we're in two seperate timelines with the city: FA 316 when Aredhel becomes lost outside of Gondolin :headshake: and King Turgon has opened court for anyone wishing to seek audience with him and then there's FA 455...but there's no prompt for that yet, only Free RP'ing, until Fingolfin's body is brought there. In the FA 316 side of things, Aigronding's son Valion is about to ask if he can host his wedding ceremony in Gar Ainion, what Tolkien calls the Place of the Gods, in Gondolin, and will request Princess Idril will plan it. Esgalnordir and Calawen can recieve an invitation :grin: ! Valion owns a tavern, the Pillar & the Rose, in Gondolin and he is sworn to the House of the Pillar; his wife, Meril, is a harper of the House of the Harp.

About the House of the Rainbow or more popularly known as the House of Heaven's Arch: Many of the richest Elves are in that House and I play its chieftain, Egalmoth. This is from the Book of Lost Tales II: "But they of the Heavenly Arch being a folk of uncounted wealth were arrayed in a glory of colours, and their arms were set with jewels that flamed in the light now over the sky. Every shield of that battalion was of the blue of the heavens and its boss a jewel built of seven gems, rubies and amethysts and saphires, emeralds, chrysoprase, topaz, and amber, but an opal of great size was set in their helms."

I'm glad you'll join the Rainbow. So far I'm the only one who has characters in that house, I think. *Red-haired Roina Mordagnir twirls, wearing her brightly coloured silken kaftan dress*

Forester of Lothlorien
@Aigronding Mordagnir Wow! Thanks, Aig! You've given me a lot to work with. And I've only just received a bit of an education on the Houses of Gondolin. :googly: So, yes. It makes sense why you suggest Esgalnordir would belong to the Rainbow. I think, perhaps, I would like for Calawen to belong to the House of the Pillar. That is, until, she marries Esgalnordir. I dare say I could use Valion's wedding as the first time where Esgalnordir and Calawen actually speak to each other. (Calawen would know Valion, then? And maybe his wife. A musician and a lorist are likely to have much in common, me thinks...) I guess they'll both be anticipating those invitations!!! :grin: And yes, I'm going to RP Esgalnordir as a friend of Aigronding and Roina. :thumbs:

Well, I have some ideas now for both my sets of elves. I'll begin working on their first posts in here! I need to read through the thread first. Now that more names make sense to me, and timelines as well, I'll be able to understand the characters (canon and non-canon) better.

Arien
Arien
@Nen Absolutely. Just come and introduce yourself? Tag me and I’ll respond! I don’t mind if you need to godmode Daeron a bit to make your post work.
cave anserem

@Nen :thumbs:

Mallosel’s mother, Nidhes, is also of the Nandor; a healer. Mallosel’s father, Solchon, was one of Thingol’s Sinda emissaries sent to welcome Denethor and his Nandor when they arrived in Ossiriand. So we have alike mothers. :grin: Sadly Solchon disappeared after Denethor’s death in the First Battle of Beleriand. He was dragged off by some Orcs who escaped the defeat with their lives and hoped a random elvish prisoner would sate Melkor’s wrath upon them somehow. So Solchon is assumed dead by his family now.

Mallosel lived in Nevrast for years, because Solchon had sworn to reunite with her and Nidhes and his son there after the war. But though he never returned there, the Noldor came instead and Mallosel’s younger brother fell in love with one of Turgon’s followers. The happy couple got wed but Mallosel was horrified after hearing about the Kinslaying of Alqualonde. She and her mother fled to the shelter of Thingol and his ban on Quenyan, while her brother and his new noldorin wife went to Gondolin.

Now a Marchwarden of Doriath, you may find that Mallosel can be Consequently tenacious in her duty of seeing off intruders. Her wrath against the Noldor has only grown and she is unable to even differentiate between those of Feanorien allegiance, and those who came across the Helcaraxe with Fingolfin. So she’s even more intolerant than Thingol himself, which takes some doing.

That’s as much of an explanation of my Doriath non-canons as might be any use to know. Mallosel’s friend Sillandhas is written by Aig and is about as rude as she is. But fortunately they have respect for Beleg to rein them in.

I don’t really see any division between Beleg and Mablung’s commands, and the canon is not explicit really, but both are Captains of renown throughout Doriath and there’s been some wonderful foreshadowing done between their writers as to their future decision to go to war together as representating Doriath, in the Nirnaeth Arnoediad still to come.

I’m looking forward to this alliance of musical talent ! We could even allude that some sort of performance was occurring in the court/throne room when the dramatic news arrived ? But I’ll leave that up to you guys to work out between you. :winkkiss:

Forester of Lothlorien
@Ercassie I had worked out the story of Linnadis' father having been killed by orcs in one of the skirmishes before Denethor decided to join forces with Thingol. So, Linnadis' mother is actually a skilled archer. I had been thinking 'was', but maybe I'll keep her alive and she might perish during the Second Kinslaying. Linnadis is not warrior material, but she can be clever with an arrow when needed. Thank you so much for spending time introducing Mallosel to me. I'm excited about playing my characters alongside yours. I recognise @Aigronding Mordagnir 's character Sillandhas from a Mirkwood RP long back in the old plaza. One of my 'baby' Mirkwood elves was both jealous of him and in absolute admiration of him as well!! :lol:

@Silarien Thank you! I guess at this point in time I would like to assume that Linnadis already is something of a disciple of Daeron's, learning the skill of building a ballad. I'll try my best not to NPC Daeron, except to assume interactions that have already taken place between them.

Arien
Arien
@Nen excellent, tag me if you have a backstory posted somewhere so Daeron can know what he’d be expected to since they’ve already met!
cave anserem

Warrior of Imladris
@Nen - As Beleg, I'm also looking forward to RPing with you. To further what @Ercassie wrote, though the canon isn't there, @Almarëa Mordollwen (Mablung) and I have decided to RP Mablung as commanding the marchwardens around Menegroth and swearing allegiance to Thingol, while Beleg patrols the borders and the Girdle and answers to Melian.
I can resist everything except temptation. - Oscar Wilde
she / her

New Soul
Calawen would know Valion well, @Nen , because they're both in the same house, the Pillar. Meril, his musician wife, makes nature and historical symphonies so she could know Calawen well, too. The wedding meeting sounds perfect! Aig could introduce Esgalnor and Valion could introduce Calawen. Valion and Meril live in the Wethrin Isles west of Lindon in current Plaza time but they didn't move there until the late Third Age. Before then they were in Lindon.

Mablung's soldiers are royal guards but Beleg's marchwardens are rangers protecting the boundaries of the kingdom. When the Orcs encompass Doriath after Sauron takes Finrod's tower, Mablung's warriors will help Beleg's scouts outside on the fringes of Doriath. Aww, thanks about Sillandhas 😘! He's in Lindon during the Third Age to hang out with Mallosel and Ennora.

New Soul
I have Niphred and Celair in Doriath atm. Celair doesn't have much of a backstory, so far she is just a grey elf or nandor maybe that saved Niphred. Niphred is from the Falas but has been to the other side of Beleriand before ending up in Doriath. I don't officially have them under anyone besides Thingol, just scouts on the northern border. I have not yet decided how long they will be staying in Doriath.

Thain of The Mark
@Aigronding Mordagnir Do we have anyone RPing Bregolas that I should be considering as I write Emeldir's post, or is Bregolas an NPC?
Bealdorhaelend
Proud member of the Eastmark
Lead Healer, Edoras Infirmary
Shopkeeper, Cwep Ciese

New Soul
No one has opted to play Bregolas, @Thalionwen Hunigfolm , so feel free to use him. You may kill off the grandad of Morwen and Rian when you feel it's right 😉.

Melkor
Melkor
Posted as Fangorn!

Forester of Lothlorien
I've made my first post in Ages of Arda! I didn't realise, when I started it, that it was going to turn out long. I was worried I wouldn't be able to get more than a couple of paras up...

@Aigronding Mordagnir @Ercassie So, I believe Linnadis is a healer as well, and Gladhron and Linnadis are heading toward the refugees along with Gladron's brother. I'm assuming you're going to need some wardens to help out, and a healer or two? If I've assumed too much, please let me know, and I will change the post accordingly.

New Soul
@Nen , you can make as long as a post as you want in any RPs I host. Seems like you're connecting with these characters, that's fantastic!

The refugee camp was kind of a one-shot for me but I can have my Telerin fighter, Loboth, tell your characters that they're needed in the North currently helping the Sindar of Dorthonion which have fled to Himring (we'll see soon from me and @Ercassie since our mortals will be escaping with some Grey Elves from Dorthonion which Tolkien wrote about: "many of the most valiant that remained, both of the people of Dorthonion and of the east marches, rallied there to Maedhros"); there will be a need for warriors and healers there. Also at the Pass of Sirion where there's also Sindar holding the line like Celebrin and Tharmaras.

If you want to stay at the camp, I could make a character for you to heal unless you want to with your own NPCs but there won't be any hostile conflict at the western border of Doriath until Minas Tirith falls to Sauron and the Werewolves later on. Right now we could use you at the Pass of Sirion or Himring. Sounds good? I'll get in some posts the next two days since I'll be home from work and can post as Loboth for you 😎.

I'll read on my break, Dwarrow!

Forester of Lothlorien
@Aigronding Mordagnir Yep! The Loboth arc sounds good, Aig. And I'm fine with either Sirion or Himring. Let Loboth tell my characters where they're needed, and they'll head that way. :thumbs:

New Soul
Loboth coming up :grin: ! He's a new character so I'll enjoy using him more. He's going to stay behind like Beleg ordered and will serve Doriath as a warrior like he had done in the military of Dorthonion.

My character, Edan Amrun, has a brother named Cúronerias who has a fort in Dorthonion that has fallen by this time. He was afield with his troop when the fires started and will be found at Himring with one of his sons. Nathronel and the second son will encounter your Elves at Mindeb after speaking with Loboth. The mother, a weaver, will be worried about her husband :cry: . The son can accompany your Elves to Himring, hoping to find his father; he will reunite with his brother and Cúronerias there while the battle rages. I've yet to decide if the sons will ever die but Cúronerias and Nathronel are still alive in modern Plaza time and dwelling in Lindon. Nathronel still has her weaving trade and Cúronerias has a tower on a mountain hillside in northern Harlindon, watching the bay and land for the Lindon Guard :wink: . Hurray for miracuously surviving the Years of the Trees and all three aeons of Middle-earth :rofl: :hobbyhorse: .

New Soul
I posted for you in the RPG, @Nen ! The mom will go to Doriath once Cassie posts soon as Thingol. We've been plotting, too. We'll get to Himring after your next post. My Filrain one which enables Krum to attack Himring (We spoke days ago) will be finished on Wednesday (I've been working a lot but that's my day off) so we'll be having a rough time over there soon.

I'll fix the formatting issue later today. It's 5 in the morning. I stayed up writing the post while listening to weather news because of the bazillion tornado warnings in my region (because of the tropical depression). Twisters were forming minutes away from me...but God is good and spared me and my cat and fellow local southerners :grin: . Need to sleep soon.

Forester of Lothlorien
@Aigronding Mordagnir Thank you, Aig! I'll get to it in a day or two. I might bring Linnadis' mom along as well to Himring.

Glad to know you're safe! Hope you manage to catch up with the sleep you've lost. Take care!

Forester of Lothlorien
@Aigronding Mordagnir My next post is in! :D ...I'll bring in Maethriel (Linn's mom) in my next post.

New Soul
Okay, @Nen ! What is Maethriel like?

I remember you said Esgalnordir is a wealthy smith and Calarwen is a loremaster but have either of them combat skills?

Forester of Lothlorien
@Aigronding Mordagnir Maethriel is sort of hardy. Very unlike her daughter. She is brisk and a warrior in every sense of the term. Her bow is her strength but she wields a pair of twin blades as well.

Calarwen does not have any combat skills, but Esgalnordir does! I imagine he can wield a sword and a spear.

New Soul
Any plans for hardy Maethriel yet, @Nen ? Doriath will be surrounded once Minas Tirith falls later on. Not sure what you're doing with Maethriel yet but she could be in the north with Mallosel guarding Neldoreth's fringe and would encounter fighting once Minas Tirith falls. I'm going to have Celeg speak with Thingol after he meets Mallosel and ask if he can take take wardens (any NPCS welcome) to be on watch at the eastern edge of Region, fearing the Pass of Aglon might be forced by Orcs which will threaten the king's land. The Pass of Aglon has strategic importance; they could expect any Orcs to come through there if the Fëanorians are beaten and attack Doriath, if they cross the river. When Celegorm and Curufin are routed, bringing their defeated people close to Doriath, Celeg and his wardens can make sure Celegorm and Curufin don't linger near Doriath and properly retreat to Nargothrond away from Thingol's kingdom; also, they can drive any Orcs away from the eastern eaves of Doriath until Maedhros closes the Pass. Sounds good @Ercassie.

Nen, thanks about Calarwen and Esgalnordir! Is it okay if Esgalnordir goes with Aigronding's son in leading search teams when Gondolin falls (Tolkien says that there were bands of Elves looking for refugees after the city is deastroyed)? Valion ultimately gets captured at Mordagnir's camp where some of Aigronding's friends, widows, and orphans are gathered during their flight to the Havens of Sirion. Tolkien says Orcs frequently pursued the refugees. Aigronding's nemesis, a Mole named Hatholdir, is going to make a deal with Orcs (they like plunder Tolkien says in The Hobbit and Hatholdir hands over some Gondolin treasures, also protecting his Mole traitors in hiding from being butchered if they attack Aigronding's group) to besiege the camp. Valion gets abducted and taken to Angband where he will be rescued by Tavari, Aig's sister (Moriel).

Sorry for all the intricate planning but it'll pay off!

Forester of Lothlorien
@Aigronding Mordagnir I had intended getting hold of Maethriel for the Himring journey. But, perhaps your suggestion sounds better. I'll keep her back with Mallosel if @Ercassie is fine with it.

Also, thanks for all your intricate planning, Aig! It gives me some direction. I just have a broad outline for my characters. They originated from my imaginings of just one elf! Then I had to give her a husband, and then parents, and then her husband needed to have parents....I was terrified of going further back the family tree!! :googly:

And yes. The plan for Esgalnordir with Valion sounds good. I've yet to get a Gondolin post up. Hope to do so sometime in the next seven days!

New Soul
My pleasure, @Nen , I love helping folks with their characters!

Everyone: Just a canon character update - @Ercassie is now Rog and @Aerlinn is now Princess Idril.

Thain of The Mark
@Aigronding Mordagnir I'm so sorry, but I think I need to withdraw from participating in AoA. Things have been busier and more hectic than I imagined they would be, both on the Plaza and in real-life, and I've got to cut back before I burn out. For reference, the characters I was signed up for were Eilinel the White and Nienor/Niniel.

New Soul
That's okay, @Taethowen , I know how busy RL can be and how it can lead to Plaza writing burn-out. Praying for your peace and rest! We'll get Eilinel and Niniel taken care of.

Everyone, I have asked @Aerlinn to be Niniel on Discord Messaging and awaiting her response. If no one claims Eilinel, the wife of Gorlim, by Wednesday, I'll take her to write.

Edit: So Aerlinn isn't too invested in Niniel's sob story :lol: . I checked her birth year and it's the one following the Nirnaeth battle so we don't need to see Niniel until the next RPG, "Masters of Doom." So...nevermind :rofl: . We'll see who wants her in the next installment of AoA :wink: . /color]

Warrior of Imladris
Did I get summoned? Is Beleg needed for something?
she / her

New Soul
I'm sorry, Laintaen, I edited my post here days ago because I had changed my mind about something Doriath-related. I need to remember that although I alter a post I have someone tagged in the notification doesn't go away.
Last edited by Eriol on Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Warrior of Imladris
No worries, Aig. You are the Game Master, and I shall direct Beleg in pursuit of your vision. :grin:

In the absence of a post from Thingol, I can send Beleg galloping back to the borders to help defend the Pass of Aglon, organise refugees, serve drinks, etc. Although I think you mentioned you were going to have Celeg show up at Menegroth. Did you want Beleg there when that happens?
she / her

Totally my fault on the absent Thingol front, @Laintaen. :embarrassed: Apologies. The more I worked on AOA stuff, the more other writings suddenly started bouncing around in my head and I had to post those first to be rid of them ! :googly:

Thingol shall definitely give up a response tomorrow. Although, yes. It’s almost a given, since he had already said the Sindar are all welcome. The news about Angrod and Aegnor though, that shall certainly require an answer, and inspire one. :winkkiss:

EDIT - UPDATE - First part posted. More to come. Working around err work here. lol
Last edited by Ercassie on Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Balrog
@Aigronding Mordagnir I did some mathing on the years and it looks like Carníheniel won't be joining the attack, she's still a baby during the Dagor Bragollach so she wouldn't be alive yet but I can easily make up a few expendable spiders to throw at you
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

New Soul
Thanks, @Laintaen :winkkiss: . Having Beleg defend the eastern boundaries of Doriath by protecting the strategic Ford of Arossiach is a great idea, let's do that and Celeg can go with him :fence: ! Yes, I was going to have Celeg come to court to ask Thingol if he wants the eastern border protected in the hypothetical event of Aglon falling to an Orc invasion (which happens) and have a glass of wine his daughter could pour him :lol: . Yes, Beleg should be there, the trusty marchwarden captain backing the new guy up is a good idea just in case Thingol becomes grumpyabout sending his forces out on the suggestion of an out-of-towner / carpetbagger opportunist :lol: :lol: when he wants to keep everyone safe. @Ercassie and I've decided Celeg will always bug Thingol and have the annoying penchant of delivering bad news :rofl: .

That's okay, @Frostbite , we'll fight the expendable spiders of yours. Hoepfully your girl will be grown up a bit by the time Nirnaeth is over and Beleriand becomes an even more dangerous place :thumbs: . The Nirnaeth is next RPG, Masters of Doom :headbang: !

Doriath update/prompt for the Bragollach is delivered. There are games for all, should you have a want to play with them - @Laintaen @Almarëa Mordollwen @Moriel @merSILess @Celebrin

@Aigronding Mordagnir and @Nen, you shall have company very soon. :grin: And then that Rabbit shall surely have some explaining to do, why he is sanctioning goodhearted Sindar Samaritans off on very risky rescue missions for the sake of succouring Noldorin relatives ! If he is wise, Celeg may play upon the King's very recent loss of certain Part-Noldorin relatives, to justify the want to march off and help Edan's brother ! :hammer: :tongue: Thingol may be more concerned with news of where in Middle Earth Finrod is, during all this !

It may have been an unexpected move to bring Thingol out to the Borders, but at least this way, we don't have to have people riding to and fro to Menegroth, every two minutes, in order to entreat with him, etc, as the situation progresses. Plus it gives the girls (and Daeron) a chance to take charge of things at base camp. I was not sure what Melian and Luthien might be able to manage regarding actually strengthening the Girdle, and I expect it's mostly an excuse for Thingol to keep them in the safest possible place. But feel free to go with any alternative tasks/ideas you may want to explore. :wink:

Black Númenórean
@Aigronding Mordagnir I am confused as to why Filrain is sending armies to places that are already being attacked by Sauron & Co., and by Glaurung & co.? For instance, we've already established that Glaurung and his army are on the way to raze Thargelion, by way of Maglor's Gap. Can you clarify please?
Evil is a lifestyle | she/her

New Soul
The Orcs of Orcobal are not entering Dorthonion at all but they're outside of it stopping the refugees Tolkien says escape into Himring; Konrauko will help engage them as well before attacking the western side of Dorthonion. The Orcs you mention in your post with Glaurung and Thuringwethil are ones Filrain has sent with Othrod behind the Dragon and the Bats :wink: . If you want a commander for the Orcs going to Thargelion or not having one mentioned at all, I can edit the post saying that Othrod will go into greenwoods of Amrod and Amras instead :wink: .

Oh, I see it now, the line at the beginning "His armies of orc and other denizens of darkness." It's been a while since I read it and forgot that they had come with him right from Angband. I'll change it that Othrod will go with Filrain into the forests of the twins. Orcobal and Konrauko should be fine outside of Dorthonion though, assaulting the refugees, while Sauron concentrates his forces inside Dorthonion with Gorgol in the central area and Ladros. Konrauko will be attacking the western region once after he helps Orcobal pick off what refugees to Himring he can.

Okay, should be all fixed now, edited :grin: ! She won't be able to enter Taur-im-Duinath or the wilds of the south because the Amon Ereb watch, it's just her hope right now.

@Ercassie wanted me to remind everyone that a map of Beleriand is in the Imladris Archives :wink: . Cassie, Celeg will surely swear to Thingol that he'll personally discover the truth of his nephews' passing :lol: and that he merely wants to help His Majesty's Sindar find their kin which may be part-Noldorin as his own family. Edan's sister-in-law will beg Thingol to allow this and will give her fealty :grin: . :winkkiss: Finrod will send a Sindarin messenger of Nargothrond to Doriath as he passes by on his desperate ride through the Pass of Sirion :hobbyhorse: . As I said on Messenger, it's good to see Thingol battling outside of Doriath like he did in the First Battle of Beleriand :smooch: .

New Soul
That's all yur getting from me for now, but at least that's finally up there for the Haladin stuff. Parchment can say whatever.

@Aigronding Mordagnir pick Finrod or Meadhros and shoot me some details in discord of what is wanted. I know Finrod has to have some big reaction to Aegnor and Angrod. And you also wanted something with Celebrin and Curancal. I need a refresher lol

New Soul
Let's go with Finrod right now until @Lantaelen sees the fires in the north and advises Finrod, @Celebrin 🔥.

I'll message you on Discord about Finrod and what your boys af the tower can do, brother 🤝!

Captain of Tower
@Celebrin @Aigronding Mordagnir

Alright, I posted Lantaelen spotting the distant fires and rousing the fortress to readiness. He'll give a report of his estimations to Maedhros when he shows up. My first AoA post, I hope it is sufficient and in spirit of the RP!
Berio i refn-en-alph len