Imladris Activities General OOC Thread

The fair valley of Rivendell, upon whose house the stars of heaven most brightly shone.
High Lord of Imladris
I would say static characters - mostly because one can do character progression but possibly with another player that can take on a backup role for playing them in case someone stops playing part way through?

I would uhhh make another suggestion that is similar to DnD in that the only time turns are set up is in battle (that way we have a set initiative for that) but outside of battle it could be a bit more of a free for all in terms of character building (Honestly I'll admit that may just be my style of DMing is letting my players run amok between fights)? That said I'm not sure what your plans are for the game so however you want to do it is up to you

Farmer
You just outlined specifically my initial thoughts on it and I agree.
And yes combat would be the only thing with set turns, and I have really neat system for that im excited to share.
outside of combat it will be free flow, almost like murder mystery-ish.

I will proceed with the plan of static characters.
Karue Sadyen - Elven Leatherwork | Marilyn Took - Hobbit Adorableness

Chief Counsellor of Gondor
I have just put up my last re-post for the Tingdain @Revered Grandmother. There was a bit of word changing, particularly at the end, to cater for the fact that @Fane Mordagnir hasn't shown up there yet this time around. But regardless, from here on out, it will all be fresh material from me. :smile:
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost
The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not touched by the frost.

Black Númenórean
@Marshall Lee - I’d like to propose a location for the Ossiriand thread! How’s this look for a short location description?

Ost Iaurist - A small city of scholars and explorers nestled in a valley between the Rivers Duilwen and Adurant. From here, those who join their ranks set out on expeditions to uncover artifacts of the ancient wars between the Valar and Morgoth, the better to understand the powers that shaped the world - and, in turn, the world itself. Originally a settlement of Laiquendi, Ost Iuarist has welcomed scholars and visitors of all races. A council of senior scholars, elected by their fellow students, leads the city and dictates its policies, trade, and civic life.
she/her | Esta tierra no es mía, soy de la nocheósfera.

Balrog
ooh! Yessss! @Marceline that looks fantastic, I shall add it post haste!

:rainbowheart: and you formatted it to fit the post! thank you so much!
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Black Númenórean
That was so fast! :lol: Yay, thank you for adding!
she/her | Esta tierra no es mía, soy de la nocheósfera.

High Lord of Imladris
@Ercassie Awesome post I am also now caught up I've edited my post as well to include us actually starting up the mithril process since we don't have Fane in there and we were talking about getting that started. Looking forward to seeing your new posts and getting these scabbards done!

Balrog

"The sun is low and the storm clouds are nigh; come along ye jaded, long lost travelers and rest your weary heads. Listen to the tales of far away lands, revel in tales of heroes and villains, while away the hours by the fire and hear tales of romance and betrayal, of rendered hearts and skewered foes. Rest your tired bones a while, then, dear traveler, spins us a tale of your own glory and renown."

Take a trip back in time and visit the paradises of Ossiriand in The Seven Rivers of Ossiriand

Journey to the vast and unknown lands of the East in The Far Lands of Rhûn
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

:thumbs: @Raisins
The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not touched by the frost.

Guardian of Imladris
Hey everyone, I hope you are fine. I just realized that many RP posts are gone also of Legolas in Ost-Halatir and The Last Homely House.. What is there to do now, since I haven't saved them on my computer? So basically, where do I/we all catch up, or are these threads gone?

I apologize for being so uninformed and for for the fact that I was so inactive again.
"Mae govannen mellon nin."

Steward of Gondor
@Legolas
There is an archive of the plaza before the horrific crash! You can find it here
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

High Lord of Imladris
Hey guys I've created a new announcement thread for Imladris just because this is a super active OOC thread so announced threads get buried incredibly quickly. You can find it HERE

New Soul
@Raisins would you like me to pin that thread so it doesn't get lost? Although Imladris has so many pinned things that it's starting to look like Pinterest :lol:
She/her.
Solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant

High Lord of Imladris
Yeah I am not sure there are Sooooo many pinned threads but it might be a good idea. Perhaps we should take a look at possibly? unpinning some of them? @Tharmáras and @Dimcairien Luiniel as you two have all the pinned threads currently

New Soul
Anything of mine can be unpinned, @Raisins 😉.
"Eriol... 'One who dreams alone.' ” - Tolkien, The Book of Lost Tales I

High Lord of Imladris
Awesome thanks @Tharmáras

New Soul
@Raisins - pinned your Announcement thread :winkkiss: and since you said it was OK I unpinned your 2 threads @Tharmáras. :winkkiss: @Dimcairien Luiniel threads are still pinned, since I'm waiting for her to give the yay or nay re those threads. :nod:

Edit: Remembered I could actually ask Dim via Discord *cue lightbulb moment* and she said it's OK to unpin her threads, so imma go do that now.
She/her.

Wainrider
Hey can I start training in the army? :)

New Soul
Glad you have you aboard! This is Tharmáras. There's no training, @Draugän Nuruhuinë , you can just post as experienced but you can remark about being trained. If you want to be involved in a battle right away I can repost my last segment in Ost-Halatir that got lost in the shutdown; I saved it and have been editing it. If you're interested, I can give you a short description of what's happened before so you can jump into the fighting after my repost. Your characters are from Mirkwood, right?
"Eriol... 'One who dreams alone.' ” - Tolkien, The Book of Lost Tales I

Guardian of Imladris
@Purrmonster of Doom thanks for the fast reply. So does that mean that I should copy and paste my original posts into the current threads? Or where do we start off (i.e. Ost-Halatir)?
"Mae govannen mellon nin."

Steward of Gondor
@Legolas
Yes, everyone just goes to the archive and finds the necessary post, copy it and paste it, reformat, etc.. and then you just wait for whoever you're writing with to do the same until you're back where you were :) Hope that helps
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

High Lord of Imladris
@Legolas I would suggest in posts with Aig/Tharm that you read his posts and everyone elses but especially as he has been editing his posts instead of direct reposting which has made the reposting for the various threads a lot slower in that respect as most posts after his need to be altered to accommodate his edits.

As regards reposting to where we’d gotten in Ost-Halatir, I think our little group there is waiting on @Laufeyson to repost her group leader update before we can react to it with what we’d posted in response. :wink:

Whatever @The White Princess reposts in that thread only affects those who were in the other group.

High Lord of Imladris
And any other threads that he's running - I know he redid Tingdain, and if he's doing the same thing with homely house that affects there too as I know Legolas was posting in there as well with him.

I think @Legolas was waiting for Tharmaras and/or Sur to post in homely house as Erestor/Elrond/Arwen and they hadn’t yet by the time Nuplaza blipped. So I doubt editing will affect that one. :wink:

Black Númenórean
RE: The Claw in the North, we had just started to get going again before the great blip, so here's my proposal- let's not worry about reposting stuff, when I'm able I'll make my next update as I had planned getting us to the fort where @The White Princess is with Edan & co. and we can go from there! All posts made up til then are available for review in the archive (most recent post in mission). I have a lot going on right now with school/work/health but I'll try not to leave you all hanging much longer :thumbs:
Evil is a lifestyle | she/her

High Lord of Imladris
Honestly I think I may also be the only one for @The White Princess 's other story, and give that he's not actually going to be posting for months I'm not sure it's worth starting it up again? I know that the Claw and the one Afarfin is in are suppose to join up but honestly I don't feel like it's going to get anywhere for months and months. @Laufeyson Aig did state he probably wouldn't be active until December. I'm personally fine completely abandoning the story line as it's not going to go anywhere for another 2 months minimum... if not longer.

Black Númenórean
That's a fair point Fuin, I forgot Aig mentioned that about not being around until at least December- and we do need him going forward quite a bit in Claw in the North. I hate to leave a thing unfinished, but also don't want to waste people's time. Unless anyone else involved in that mission strongly objects, I'd be ok with dropping it. Then maybe @The White Princess you and I can regroup about the White Gem RP in future when you have time?
Evil is a lifestyle | she/her

Definitely a valid point @Raisins. I know he’s moving house at the moment but chances are it’s going to be a good while before he’s properly active again. So I am fine with letting sleeping dogs lie as well @Laufeyson :thumbs:

High Lord of Imladris
yes I know he's moving which is why I brought it up. @Laufeyson and @Lucy-fur perhaps in the interim some small Ost mission that's completely separate can be run? I feel like it will probably be well past December in terms of getting the White Gem RP going again as things will undoubtedly change due to things not being played out?

:thumbs: @Raisins.

I know the little Lond Daer thing that @Purrmonster of Doom and myself have been playing along with shall require some Elvish reinforcements sooner or later, as Tirindo has been sort of pacing and fretting and is going to head out with a small search party to locate his missing wife/foster son. So anyone who wants to shall be welcome to come along in that one.

I’m not sure starting a new Halatir mission so to speak wouldn’t end up with us having then even more multiple missions all going on at once when the original one starts up again. :googly: But maybe we can do some sort of training or in-house sort of activity at Ost-Halatir ? The mighty Legolas giving an archery class for eg ? Fuin could host a weapons amnesty as our local smith grandmaster to make sure everyone’s equipment is up to scratch ? We could simply practice duelling or something ? The Ost-Halatir opening post does suggest a lot of ideas we could make use of. As a rather less organised sort of thing ? :winkkiss:

High Lord of Imladris
I'm not sure if these are going to start back up or if we'll skip to white gem as moriel mentioned but those are absolutely excellent ideas @Lucy-fur we absolutely could do some in house training and the like.. if @Draugän Nuruhuinë wants we could certainly include something akin to a welcome to ost?

Wainrider
@The White Princess Sure just a rundown on the battle even and I can join
@I Said What I Said I"m up for that :)
@Lucy-fur the training part is great!

Guardian of Imladris
*pokes head in* Hi Rivvy, long time no see! I'm feeling in a RP spirit and wondering if anyone has anything going on that I can join in on, or a thread that they'd like to be enlivened?

Balrog
@Quill welcome back!

It's only starting out, but if you find this interesting enough I can switch it from private to cooperative, other than that I'm not aware of too many things go on within Rivvy (note that I'm only just now coming back after a bit of an extended hiatus so I might not be to the most reliable source).

High Lord of Imladris
Well @Rillewen and @Ercassie and I have a spider to going on that's open... There is always something to do in the house of healing or the Bree market. I will admit I took a bit off from serious posts bit am ready to go again now I think... If only my internet would cooperate. Currently functioning on a cell phone because my internet is completely down thanks to this storm it seems

Newborn of Imladris
Hi boys and girls.. It's great to be back here. Dunno if anyone remembers me but I do see some familiar names... So where is the thread to be for some good old fighting/skirmish etc vs Orcs etc?
“There are few even in Rivendell that can ride openly against the Nine; but such as there were, Elrond sent out north, west, and south,”.

High Lord of Imladris
Sadly the host or ost is basically dead in the water atm. Though we currently have some spiders you might be able to fight possibly? @Aranadhel not sure if @Rillewen and @Ercassie want more good guy help but that's probably the best place. Or you can start your own story or rp in a free thread for a bit... I am planning a thread for after Christmas but I may do sign ups before. You're welcome to start your own do as you like.

@Aranadhel ! What a surprise ! I believe that Aoa is still in the Dagor Bragollach stage so Aran would maybe be welcome to err watch and be woeful for the world beyond Gondolin’s borders ? Lol.

If you really want to hunt some Orc though, you could always go chase up some trouble in Mordor. There are several Free RP threads. :tongue: Minions show up in every kingdom around here causing trouble IC so it’s only fair we Freeps return the favour in kind. :stab: :mwahaha:

Balrog
hey now! it's much more than just "causing trouble" thank you very much :mwahaha: it's very purposeful and insidious means of taking over the world, one thread area after another. And we look dashing doing it!!

But yes, come and use Mordor's threads, I wholeheartedly recommend this

High Lord of Imladris
Ohhh the tower of Might is a good place as well in Mordor! Not sure how active Sil is atm I know she was busy for a bit but might be starting to become active again??? Not 100% sure honestly. But that's a good structured sort of fight if you don't want to do free rp thread fighting? :nod:

(I saw their name has changed yet again so that's always a good sign :lol:)

Guardian of Imladris
@Frost I would be down to give it a try, if you think cooperative could work!

Does anyone have any winter or Yule-themed activities planned? Didn't Rivvy previously have a feast or a ball of some kind?

New Soul
@Quill - Imladris had a Lindon Masquerade hosted by @Annúnfalas last year in September 2020 that lasted until March of this year. I don't think Imladris had a specific Yule themed ball/party on the NuPlaza, but the floor is open to anyone that wants to host something like that if there's any interest.
She/her.

Wasn't @Fuin Elda looking at doing a masquerade/ball type thing for Imladris, since @Annúnfalas unfortunately changed her mind about hosting another such activity ?

Guardian of Imladris
@Nessa Saelind Yes, my memory is definitely from the Elder Days, of having some kind of Hrive Feast. A ball would also be lovely - I can help out if there's enough interest in starting something up.

High Lord of Imladris
@Quill I also have a 'winter classic fishing' game that would have started on the 1st but that didn't happen this year might do it for new years.

If you want can work with you and we can come up with a New Years celebration? Some sort of celebration of the slow lengthening of days if we start it after the 21st lol

Guardian of Imladris
Sure, that sounds like fun! You can hit me up on Discord or in PMs here :)

High Warden of Tower
*sneaks in looking to snatch some ideas* :tongue:

Sounds like fun is being plotted for both Rivendell and Gondor *eyes @Pele Alarion with a grin* :grin:

Balrog
Well now, looks like there'll be some activity in the future. I can get on board