Imladris Activities General OOC Thread

The fair valley of Rivendell, upon whose house the stars of heaven most brightly shone.
New Soul
@Rillewen - I see you opened up the Forsaken Inn :grin: I'll start writing the post in which Iskandar will arrive at the inn in the upcoming week. :nod: Not sure when, it will depend on my work schedule, but I will be there soon. If you want me to post anywhere else for this story please let me know and I will work some magic. :winkkiss:
She/her.
Solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant

Steward of Gondor
Looking forward to it, @Nessa Saelind ! I might write another solo post with bel before you jump in
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Elven Enchanter

Want to try your hand at cooking a delightful (and potentially disgusting) dish in the Black Lands? Head on over to the MORDOR COOKING COMPETITION and prepare to cook. Or maybe be cooked …

MORDOR COOKING COMPETITION

New Soul
@Rillewen - go right ahead. :smooch: This reminds me, gotta head to the Inn thread and save it as pdf before I start writing :grin:
She/her.

Steward of Gondor
@Nessa Saelind Go ahead and post whenever you're ready :) I think I'm finished with any solo bel posts.
Also I've taken a lesson from you and started saving all my threads as PDF's :P As well as keeping all my posts written in Google Docs, just in case :D
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

New Soul
@Rillewen - I feel like a proud mother now :rainbowheart: :lol:
She/her.

Steward of Gondor
@Nessa Saelind I've also designated a USB flashdrive for all plaza things :) That way it's saved to that, rather than my computer. Just in case.

High Lord of Imladris
Hey everyone! Just letting you all know that the Abad Nestad is going to get a revamp/new thread. I've spoken with Quill and Moriel on this and am going to be stepping in as Minestor, Moriel will be remaining Tinestor after talking with her.

Right now from what I can see the only other people that were active in there are @Tharmáras as Rusca who is the receptionist. And @Almarëa Mordollwen who is a Nestor level healer So please ready the following suggestions as I know this will affect at least one character

If anyone has extra ideas for things they'd like to see/like to do in the abad nestad these are my current plans:

The Abad Nestad is no longer going to be a firm timeline. This means from the founding of Imladris to the passing of the last elves in the 4th age will be open in the Abad Nestad.

An aphador class will be held - it WILL be held more 4th age for the first one in concert with the Gondor House of Healing (thus it having a timeline) but there will also be Nestor and Master healer classes held so that people can earn new levels as the AN did previously.

New Soul
I am excited to see Adab Nestad renewed! You know I've been excited to see this Imladris favorite continued, @Revered Grandmother ! 🥳

I'm intrigued by the fluid time-line and what it means for character development. I'll have Aewrusca as a receptionist still and she will be there as an older adult for Fourth Age moments. You can mark me down as Annamíri, apothecary Tar-Turwen, also if it's alright.
"Eriol... 'One who dreams alone.' ” - Tolkien, The Book of Lost Tales I

High Lord of Imladris
For sure I may be dropping some of the extended ranks I have to look at that @Tharmáras So might not be Tar-Turwen anymore but It'll be the highest rank outside of the Minestor and Tinestor.

Honestly the static timeline is for the most part getting tossed in a lot of threads to allow for more people more chances and places to play different characters or to build stories outside of the single static year so I think it'll be helpful for a lot of people.

New Soul
Glad to hear both! I'll keep my eyes open for it & tags.

While I'm finishing up the Hatholdir editing to repost in Halatir, I'll mention the Mole King heard Fuin is Minestor to boot 😨🤣!

High Lord of Imladris
So he can't even go to Imladris for healing she might put Belladonna in his medicine lol I mean she was always a master healer and was a Minestor when she went down in Fell Iron officially.

That will serve the bugger right :lol:

New Soul
I did mention in that post Hatholdir fled the Valley when he heard about Fuin being a Jane of All Trades. Now it's even funnier, knowing she's Minestor for the repost. I should have him injured in War of the White Gem and somebody tells him Fuin can heal him or injured near the valley and told he can be taken to Fuin to be stitched up 😨😱🤣...

🤣🤣🤣

High Lord of Imladris
yes I"ll heal him... Mostly. He will be healed with absolutely no numbing Fuin might give him a bit of leather to bite, he will get to suffer the entire time. The scar will be minimal as long as he doesn't wiggle and squirm to much every stitch.

We all know that he would probably rather walk out holding his guts in than have her tend him.

New Soul
@Revered Grandmother - I know we talked about it on Discord, but for the record here: feel' free to copy all the links from Ioreth's repository in Gondor's Houses of Healing thread and put them in the new Abad Nestad. They are an eclectic bunch of links, but I hope they'll help someone. :smooch: And since I'm already here I'd like to express my interest in bringing Iskandar al-Samarkandi to Imladris and Abad Nestad at some point in time so he can become an apprentice and learn the healing arts from the elves. And maybe the elves can learn something from him too. :winkkiss:
She/her.

High Lord of Imladris
@Nessa Saelind Absolutely! I am planning on taking a good number of the links from there for the time being. And also seeing if I can reconstruct some of the old Abad Nestad pages as well. If I get to that I'll likely put them the archive thread here (and give you links as well) Also I do hope that our discussion on the Gondorian/Imladris exchange of information with that aphador class to give more RPing chances for people can happen as well. I know the HoH is pretty hopping already (though I swear some of that hopping is Fuin being a pain)

Chief Counsellor of Gondor
@Revered Grandmother Re: the Adab Nestad, I know that I had Nariel so far in no less than two previous attempts of healing classes. In both cases the instructors fell inactive, hopefully little firebird didn’t drive them away in despair .. :tongue:

So if you’re setting up classes again, I would be happy to try for third time lucky.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost
The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not touched by the frost.

New Soul
Revered Grandmother wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:14 am(though I swear some of that hopping is Fuin being a pain)
Stop trying to make Fred in a frilly maid's uniform a thing! :lol: No, wait! That was wrong! Please continue to make Fred in a frilly maid's uniform a thing :lol:
She/her.

Balrog
@Revered Grandmother and @Marceline unless my bear brain is failing me, I do believe we are completely caught up now?
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

High Lord of Imladris
Yeah I think we are?

Balrog
in that case... everyone come and be a bear!!! (especially if you support being bears for Halloween)
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Black Númenórean
I have one more I think :lol:
she/her | Esta tierra no es mía, soy de la nocheósfera.

Balrog
ahhhh! :rofl:

Black Númenórean
Sorry :lol:
she/her | Esta tierra no es mía, soy de la nocheósfera.

New Soul
@Revered Grandmother Thanks for letting me know - I look forward to posting in the new thread! Would love to have Almarëa stay around as a Nestor (or whatever the equivalent rank ends up being, if you change the rank structure).
She/her. Almarëa - Rivendell / Jaena - Lone Lands (T.A.) and Gondor (F.A.) / Layna - Mordor

High Lord of Imladris
Aphador and Nestor is going to be staying as is @Almarëa Mordollwen it's the ranks above that that 8m looking at just due to activity.

Elven Enchanter
@Revered Grandmother thats nice to hear about Adab Nestad. I think I currently have an unconscious character in there that @Almarëa Mordollwen was tending to. And said event was already supposed to be taking place in a different timeline.

Said storyline kind of fell apart, but I’d be happy to pick it up again if there’s interest.

High Lord of Imladris
Absolutely @Dimcairien Luiniel you'll be able to move that to the new Abad Nestad if you and Almarea want! I hope that it can get back going for you if it can! Might be even easier with the flexible timeline for the thread!

New Soul

^Clicky^

Minas Tirith has a brand new Marketplace. Come one, come all. Spend a day at the Marketplace spending your hard-earned coins and have fun!
She/her.

Steward of Gondor
So when I reply to Lailyn, I need to put it there?

Balrog
Nessa Saelind wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:36 pm Att: A new Minas Tirith Marketplace II has been opened. If you wish, you can continue your RP there or make a whole new RP. The choices are infinite! :smooch:
this is what she said in the Marketplace thread

Chief Counsellor of Gondor
Flashback font colours edited in to my Forsaken inn post @Rillewen. As agreed. :grin:
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost
The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not touched by the frost.

High Lord of Imladris
@Tharmáras So I saw you were going to be 'quiet but around' with moving - are you actually going to be available to RP as the receptionist as this if you aren't I can put Rusca on hiatus until you are available as it's not fair if people are having to go through you as the receptionist to do anything in the Abad Nestad if you aren't around to post regularly especially if they choose to interact with Rusca.

New Soul
For each person who can come in I can have her write down their names and symptoms, etc, and keep my posts short.

Life will probably settle down near the end of December if you want to put me on hiatus until then 👍.

High Lord of Imladris
I think Hiatus might be best just because I know how long your short posts are and names symptoms etc might take a bit to get a full symptoms list from them :lol:

Good luck on your move and remind me come end of December when you're available to take you off of hiatus!

High Lord of Imladris
Join Us at the newly opened Abad Nestad

We are going to be holding the first Aphador level class shortly so if you are interested in learning some elven herbal healing, and other healing techniques the Abad Nestad formally invites you to the rank of Taidor so you may begin learning!

Balrog
This feels like something Yoshiyo would be a part of, accidently stab herself with the knife someone gave her and end up taking a class

High Lord of Imladris
@Marshall Lee LOL YES Fuin teaching Yoshiyo how to stitch herself up AFTER giving her the knife that would be beautiful and poetic. That sounds about like the right amount of chaos for Fuin to cause. :lol:

Farmer
For the past four years I have been DMing a D&D campaign called The Curse of Strahd. In doing that someone brought to my attention a server for the game Neverwinter Nights, called Ravenloft. This game is unlike anything I've ever played in that it has a persistent world that the players REALLY have a say in… you can literally do anything in that game that you could think of in a D&D campaign once you understand the RP format. Not even limited to what you would think the game could handle either like you could burn buildings down and stuff... It's great! So, I started to really get into the lore of Ravenloft, which was also the original name of the Curse of Strahd, and would like to share my discovery as well as make a proposition.
So, here it goes.

The Curse of Strahd occurs in a place called the Shadowrealm. If you were to say there are other realms of existence, then the Shadowrealm is all that is sad and gloomy, while its counterpart would be the Feywilds. The ruler of this plane is none other than Strahd, a cursed vampire dude that has been trapped here for too long and holds rule over most of the denizens of the domain. In his imprisonment he will send out these special people who are able to cross between realms, the Vistani, to find worthy challengers that they then abduct and bring into the realm… sometimes fairly… sometimes not so much. The ones treated fairly are given some backstory, and maybe some help, along with the information that supposedly there is no way to leave the shadowrealm except by defeating Strahd and that's impossible… woah is me.. /shrugs Maybe it is impossible… /looks away… anyways! These abductees would be champions from across multiple timelines and planes of existence. This meaning that (and even allowed by the Ravenloft server) characters from Arda would be accepted as well.

Tl:Dr
So…Uh... can…
Can I abduct some people and send them on an adventure through the shadowrealm please?! :3

I have pretty much endless content available and it wouldnt be hard at all to transpose everything to a text-based format. I would appreciate it if that the adventure would generate points, and if that means finding a way around using the shadowrealm and making it fit strictly into Middle Earth.. Then.. I could make that happen, with a few mild liberties and some consultation. Again just an idea… I've got a lot of them so don't feel bad if you have to tell me you don't like it! These could be custom characters or even cannon ones if permission would be granted for such, that could be neat.
(sorry this was long, wanted to make it enjoyable)

@Revered Grandmother I have a hobbit that would be interested in Abad Nestad! I'll have her stopping by soon, if thats alright!
@Dincairwen I also have an elf craftsman returning shortly as well. Would like to reclaim my former tailoring shop, however this time with a specialty in leatherworking. I also have a small hunting quest that he would be interested in proposing soon, but I need few more days on that. it would be much simpler than my whole aforementioned idea.

:metal:
Last edited by Karue Sadyen on Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Karue Sadyen - Elven Leatherwork | Marilyn Took - Hobbit Adorableness

New Soul
Will do, @Revered Grandmother 🤗😇 ! The OP looks lovely as does the roster 😍! I'm excited to see Adab made and the new ranks. I'm happy Rill is there already! I shall be reading 📖! I've got boxes from work already to fill up. I'm packing the first bookcase. Tolkien books I'm leaving out as reference tools for writing posts and for any repost editing; those books will go last, closer to the October 20th move-in date. Thanks for the good luck 🤗 !

Steward of Gondor
:) I figured it would be nice to introduce Uruviel as a child, newly arrived in Imladris :D
Good luck with your packing @Tharmáras!

Balrog
@Karue Sadyen count me in! Do you have any preferences as far as characters go? I'm one of those crazy people with a thousand characters I can fit into a given scenario.

High Lord of Imladris
@Karue Sadyen So honestly I've played Pathfinder for YEARS I have played the video game Neverwinter Nights (And I was actually going to reopen a Pathfinder game that I had been going to play here in Imladris. I would be happy to play instead of DM II've not gotten a chance to play at all in over 2 years now just DMing and illustrating 3rd party books for Starfinder. We do have Arda: A World of Dreams thread you're welcome to use that does allow for crossovers/Non-canon stuff.

And Permission for canon character use is NOT needed in that thread (And a good many others), but there are some threads where certain canon characters are 'called' by the Threadrunners. If you're making your own thread the rules of it are 100% up to you as long as they follow the RP code of conduct Any way or place you want to play it I'm down. I wanna not DM lol

ALSO I look forward to having your hobbit join us in the Abad Nestad!

Steward of Gondor
@Karue Sadyen That sounds like an interesting idea! I'm not 100% sure how to play those games myself, having never had a chance to, but it definitely sounds interesting. I could maybe toss a few characters in :D

New Soul
Thank you, @Rillewen ! I'll reply to you on our Discord chat sometime today about the sword, etc. Been busy with shiftwork and trying to find sleep, lol.

Steward of Gondor
Sounds good @Tharmáras. I'll leave another message for you on there, too lol.

Farmer
ooo.. they liiiiike it!!!

@Revered Grandmother
I will type up an official request and explanation, then find my way to the discord and strike up a conversation there about it to see if i can run it by someone first, perhaps that may even be you. I am surely a bit rusty on thing.
I do think it would possibly work best in its own thread with a separate OOC.. but im happy to be told im wrong about that.

@Marshall Lee
As of right now I am open to any character really. These would typically be notable people, the enemy here isnt trying to murder people.. just bored.. so he wouldnt be calling for people that werent up to the task, or a waste of his time. He wants a challenge.
That being said, pre-fellowship Frodo or any of the other hobbits wouldnt typically make the cut.. but in this case... he would sense they have a great destiny and something about them would be curious to him. So when it comes to being weak.. we can let anything slide there. As for the other end of the spectrum powerlevel wise, those on point with Gandalf, Elrond, Galadriel, and their likes I dont think I would see a problem with.

This would probably work best with a few people that would be willing to be Monster Characters as well. Else.. the threadrunner would have to post after just about every persons message in combat. People could definitely sign up for both PC and MC too. The MCs will just cycle as you defeat them, much like in elimination (accept much easier than there hopefully :P )

( I know its on here and probably really easy to find, but will someone link me the discord? heh)

Black Númenórean
@Karue Sadyen you actually need one of these spiffy single use invites to join the discord! Once you join it might take a short time for your account to get fully activated, but don't worry, it will be :grin:
Evil is a lifestyle | she/her

High Lord of Imladris
@Karue Sadyen It's own OOC absolutely would be best (it's how I'd set up my own) way easier than trying to do it in this one there is probably a lot more OOC going on. It's own thread or in another is all up to you! This is NuPlaza. You don't need any ones permission to open up a thread or use specific canon characters.

Do what you're comfortable with.

Also I have been told I am excellent at evil characters/Creature characters so I'll gladly help there as well.

Farmer
excellent thank you!

I have almost everything for the idea post made but have stumbled upon an interesting dilemma concerning the Player Characters.
My original thought was that Players would be assigned characters and take turns like a D&D session would be played. However, upon writing how Monster Characters should work.. it came to my attention that - that isnt the only option. The Player Characters could just be a set group of characters.. say like Aragon, Gimli, Legolas... and instead of You being Aragon, and so and so being Gimili.. ect... they could just be open... much more like Elimination. That way.. anyone can play and its up to all of us to try to get the group through instead of just 6 or 7 people to do it. Both work and both are fine by me.. but I cant decide. Both have pros and cons.
Static Characters.. you get to be in charge of the character, make plays and follow an order so you know when your turn is
Open Characters... uh.. you just have to go with the flow.
:) That aside... this is shaping up amazingly.