Imladris Activities General OOC Thread

The fair valley of Rivendell, upon whose house the stars of heaven most brightly shone.
New Soul

This is the place to discuss on-going or forthcoming RPs and games in Imladris.

You're welcome to plot stories with members here although there is the PM Notification system working,
I believe (haven't tested it out yet though) and I know most of us are on Facebook.

When we last had the Plaza there was the Region system which I was heavily involved in.
Those places are not accessible now so I want everyone to know that activities regarding Lindon,
the Wethrin Isles (spoken of in The Treason of Isengard history and The Silmarillion),
the Lone Lands, and the Misty Mountains will be
hosted here in the Imladris forum. I'll make a few Bree threads as well
Last edited by Eriol on Thu May 14, 2020 11:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.

New Soul
I will be recreating the Host of Imladris this week, most likely tomorrow, so we can start some adventures.

Hopefully Mar whom I've contacted will like to spearhead the Houses of Healing which she was instrumental in back in the day.

I have no one tapped for the Tingdain Forge yet though so hopefully there will be a taker.

Hoping that people will step up to host RPs of their own though I've got plenty in mind.

Chef
Hey Aig - one thing the old Plaza had that I haven't figured out how to to recreate properly is the forum header images that we had above each forum. The best I can do right now is add them myself to the raw HTML (see Mordor and The Shire for some simple proofs-of-concept). Since you're taking the lead here in Imladris which is awesome, would you be interested in designing a forum header for it? It doesn't have to be the whole HTML deal or anything, but if there are any images or text or whatnot you think would look good in it I'd try to recreate whatever you might have in mind. It can also wait until more things are up and running though, up to you.

(yes I partly posted this because it's embarrassing that the site admin has negative points)

New Soul
Narv, I just checked out Mordor! I like the placement of the picture there!! I could give you a Rivendell image in a PM for you to upload with the raw HTML until I can get someone like Moriel or Mar to make a banner you could put in Imladris for us. Sounds good? Thanks for the appreciation and help, brother!

Chef
Sounds good! I'll put up whatever images / text you want up there for now, and then yeah we can swap it out with something else later if you want.

Melkor
Melkor
One of the things that was luckily archived on the wayback machine was my stage parody rp of the hobbit movie. I’m thinking of running that again

New Soul
Narv, I'm not sure how to send a PM but here's the pic you could use for the Rivendell forum header, please: https://i.imgur.com/5VdfdPU.jpg

I'd love to see that go up here, Rivvy! lol! I still recall that.

Warrior of Imladris
Aig - I ran the Imladris Maze many years ago. Something simple like that could help those who would like to start small. If you're interested, I'm sure my planning documents are still on my laptop somewhere.

I'm looking forward to this parody Hobbit RP.

Rivvy - I think the last thing I was doing on the old Plaza before it broke was planning to help helm an RP with you. We were going to play Elladan and Elrohir. Have I got that right?

New Soul
Lain, I hope you're doing well!! I would love it if you made the Imladris Maze again here!

Warrior of Imladris
I'll spend a day or so trying to think of a similar sort of game, so it's not just a straight copy of the last one. Failing that... well, Disney is all about remakes these days as well.

Guardian of Imladris
I should have known you'd jump right back in, Aig! Good to see you in your old form. Not sure if I personally have the bandwidth to run anything right now, but I remember Adab Nestad fondly, the Houses of Healing, and wanted to put that forth as an option to revisit.

Healer of Imladris
Laintaen - I would love a chance at the maze! Or a similar game! I've got the the Homely House and Valley of Rivendell RPs sitting open in tabs here but honestly there's a lot of rust and stiff parts clogging up my Aerlinn Writing Machine here.

Rivvy - I was not here for any kind of Hobbit stage parody and I now deeply regret it. :lol:

Wainrider
Man it's been over a decade since I last text-roleplayed anything! Of course, years of D&D have kept my roleplaying skills honed, but it's a totally different beast hopping back into forum RPing haha. Glad to see this back up and running though, this is amazing!

Arien
Arien
Rivvy Elf wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 6:20 am One of the things that was luckily archived on the wayback machine was my stage parody rp of the hobbit movie. I’m thinking of running that again
I was here for the stage parody of the Hobbit and it was one of the funniest, genuinely laugh out loud moments I have had on plaza. Weren’t we all wearing fake beards and speaking in verse? I also recollect the audience getting points for the best heckling.

New Soul
I would like to point out that Aredhel is dead and that writing her name in LHH was a typo (it was 5 in the morning when I posted, lol), I meant Arwen, lol. I'll edit that out, lol.

If you stick to the formula, Lain, it'llstill be great. There are Disney classics that are watchable. Like The Lion King. The new one wasn't as good. When the Lion Sleeps Tonight sing while the sun is shining, for real? Lol.

Thank you, Quill, and it's great to see you back, too!! I'm happy to know if you will revisit Adam Nestad! I spoke to Mar about running it last night but she hasn't responded yet. I'll give her a couple days to answer back before making it. I can give you master healer to help me out?

I'm eager to RP with you again, Linny! Bring the dog! I miss Yavie.

Reik, you know I loved the ORG Forum in olden days! I hope you can work your magic there and you're always welcome here to RP and GM. Missed your creative talent!

Honestly, I have been posting on this alternative Lord of the Rings RP site founded by vets during the Plaza's absensce https://lordoftherings.freeforums.net/ . Honestly, I'm still going to RP there as well and will be hosting exclusive RPs there like Ages of Arda (I just finished the plot / timeline for the Bragollach War & Quest of the Silmaril; Feapoldie / Ercassie is going to look it over so we'll begin playing soon); some threads I'll make on that site I won't be making here. I already have some Eastern RPs in the works for freeforums regarding Rhun, Khand, and Harad. So I hope all or some of you will join me on the site as well to participate in some areas which are not offered here. More writing is always good. As you can see, Feapoldie already provided a link to this New Plaza on her Freeforums one. I go by the name of Hatholdir there (one of my characters I had in the Old Plaza.

Archer of Lothlorien
Would this be an appropriate place to create a Lothlorien general RP thread? We have no kingdom as of now, but maybe here with the other elves would work?

New Soul
Dincairwen, please make Lorien threads! Let me know if you need help! This is a perfect place to post all Elf-related things until we know what's up with kingdoms in the future. I'm going to post Lindon threads here as well as Mirkwood ones so feel free to make Lorien activities as well as a Lorien OOC! Glad you're here, old friend!

Wainrider
I will definitely be down for any Mirkwood-related activities! I'm glad to see a lot of the old creativity coming back to the fore with the kingdoms and such. Keeping the kingdoms consolidated for the time being I think makes the most sense: concentrate the activity in one visible place generally for each race.

Melkor
Melkor
Laintaen: maybe. Been a bit long that I completely forgotten :(

Aig: Hmm, a new idea sprout up in my head. I think I'm going to move the parody to Mordor, since I think it's going to get crowded over here and the Mordor setting makes it slightly more plausible as a location too. I'll have the parody be directed by a person by the name of Orco del Oro, who is a parody of Guillermo del Toro. Given I have no clue about del Toro's character other than him bailing on The Hobbit because he wasn't getting paid, I'm going to have Orco del Oro be similar to a certain somebody in the Sopranos, a 'cultured' orc if you will.

Aerlinn: hehe, I'm sure you would've loved it. Feel free to join in whenever it runs.

Sil: I loved those verses of yours. I forget whether or not I awarded points for best heckling, but maybe I should do that!
Last edited by Rivvy Elf on Fri May 15, 2020 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

New Soul
Rivvy, that's brilliant, and as a Quentin fan you've got me laughing, bud, LOL!! I'm glad you'll still be having fun here and I'l llove to see what you do in Mordor. I'll be checking out how your paraody goes there!

Consolidaton seems best, Reik! I had a suggestion from a member, Ercassie who I frequently plot wtih for years, that I can condense Mirkwood and Lorien RP'ing into one thread while Dincairwen makes one for Lorien. Condensing matters. I'm working on the Mirkwood and Lindon Free RP thread now then I'll make a Host of the Eldar military RPG. We used to combine the forces a while back and I can do that again.

Chief Counsellor of Gondor
What I believe that I suggested Aig ;) was that since the Lorien and Mirkwood elves are currently homeless, you could start a combined RPG in imladris to explain this, such as a dragon or fire-toting orcs having threatened/damaged Mirkwood and Lorien (since they are both forest realms), and so have all the elves rp together in a goal of gaining them each their independence back as the end goal. That’s when your United host would work etc etc.

But I’m not an elf and it was only a suggestion. Lol *goes back into lurk mode* :lol:

New Soul
It is a great idea, Cassie, and will bind us together here, the Elves of Wilderland and Eriador (maybe even the Rangers of the North, too)! We'll make use of the Withered Heath and terrible Orcs of Ered Mithrim to be our antagonists. I'm so glad you're here and we're plotting! I appreciate your ideas while you're in Lurk Mode :D !

Khazad Elder
Some Dwarves may have to make their way through Rivendell on quests too.

New Soul
I would love to write with you again, Oro! We had fun times in olden days. Dwarves are welcome! I just created a Lindon thread (Mirkwood is hosted there too) and I mentioned Dwarves living in the Ered Luin. Before the Plaza shut down I had created the Three Beard Army which cromprised Longbeards, Broadbeams, and Firebeards.

On this New Plaza I'm going to make that again but this time I'll call it the Dwarven Army since I've lately remembered that Dwarves from the Orocarni Mountains of the East (Blacklocks and Stonefoots) have become refugees and fled to Eriador; some of the evil Dwarves Tolkien mentions in the histories are mixed therein....for dramatic purposes.... I hope that interests you. They will have a presence in the Host of the Eldar I'll make this week. I hope this will suffice until there's the possibility of KD returning.

Galadhrim Bowmaster
Ercassie what a brilliant idea I'd be up for that seeing as I'm one of those lost souls from beautiful Lorien. The idea of Dragons has me intrigued maybe one has torched the forests and decided to make this it's new home falling in love and hoarding elvish artifacts etc and has its eyes on hoarding more with Rivendell it's next target.

New Soul
I'm glad you're interested in the Dragon/Goblin RPG Cassie and I have in mind for the upcoing Host of the Eldar, Rochindil! The blue dragon, Sapphirus, has heard Thranduil has treasures in Mirkwood so he's torching Mirkwood and has some of his brood with him; not as large as Smaug but still an nuisance. Sapphirus knows there may be artifacts in Rivendell and Galadriel's realm, too.... Lorien is scared they'll be next. Wilderland calls on Rivendell for aid and Rivendell gets Lindon (Elves and Dwarves) to help and some Rangers offer their help. The goblins of Ered Mithrin, near the Withered Heath, are harrassing the Vales of Anduin so we've got to deal with both parties (which have often worked together in the past like in the War of Wrath for Angband).

Archer of Lothlorien
I was hoping to just have a casual free RP thread to cover all of Lothlorien for now. I'm not going to have time for anything serious or a time commitment once COVID-19 is over. But I'm thinking you mean we can have both that and your ideas?

I'll try to get a Lothlorien thread up this evening after work. I know I have some old stuff floating around on my hard drive I can repurpose rather than create something from scratch.

New Soul
Yes, I've combined Mirkwood and Lindon casual Free RP into one thread but left Lorien activities to Dincairwen and you could make them as well! Do y'all want to make a combined Free RP thread for Dale-Erebor here?

New Soul
Dwarves, yes I shall find me kin but where be that wife of mine? Tis good to see so many again after so long away. Lothlorien was such a beautiful place with so many memories.

New Soul
I'm overjoyed to see you back, Marak!! The Dwarves of Ered Luin are here, old friend. I'll wait a while to see if you, Nerwen, Dincairwen, Kalandria , or Baingil make Erebor before I think of making a thread for the Lonely Mountain Dwarves. I had a caste system for the Ered Luin Dwarves before the Plaza shutdown; I'll try to find it and make an Archives thread regarding guilds in this forum to display them.

Black Númenórean
I've resurrected the Imladris pub Abad Gelir, for anyone who wants to come play :smiley8:

New Soul
We have a Cave Troll *says in his best Boromir voice* I'm happy to see Alagon is back, Moriel! Time for Gellam to sing a song and wack an an Orc with a pointy stick...

Glad to see the Lothlorien Free RP, Cair Bear! I somewhat copy/pasted the Prancing Pony OP with slight changes, lol. Still looking over the Way Back Machine.

Mar isn't coming back, have spoken with her. So any takers for Adab Nestad and the Tingdain Forge?

Archer of Lothlorien
Definitely just ripped off an old thread, but it works. It's alive!
And I have a shiny phial again!!

New Soul
These old ranks were the best, Cair. I always loved the artwork. I wonder if they will pulsate inevitably. I always loved that radiant, glimmering effect of the Phial icons!

Scout of Lothlorien
I see that this is the kingdom for Mirkwood stuff? Not sure how much time I'll have, but I might have to brush off some of my old RP skills and drag an old character or two out of retirement. :smiley8: I'll leave Erebor to someone else, I think. I worked with it as a ruler, but I spent a lot more time with Mirkwood and Dale. Not that copying stuff off the Wayback Machine is particularly difficult... which I could do, I suppose. But should probably be posted by someone who'll play in it, and I'm more likely to hang out as an elf, if I do decide to drop into a thread.

New Soul
I miss our writing together, Bain!! Your PC and Marianna. I'm happy you'll be in Mirkwood, the Free RP for it already exists now. I'll wait a week to see if anyone does something with Dale and Erebor before I make threads for the,. I'm still trying to navigate the Way Back Machine; I'm trying to access Lindon so I can look at what I did with my Blue Mountain Dwarf thread, lol.

Elven Enchanter
Cair: I'm happy to see the Lothlorien thread. It sure brings back some memories. I hope to play around in it a bit, though I definitely have way less free time than I did as a teenager during my early forrays on the plaza.
And yes, I'm so happy to have my shiny phial too! I sure missed it when it switched to the door.

Khazad Elder
Yeah I might start work on a Blue Mountain Dwarf Clan thread soon. Probably a crafting, smithing, mining, etc. We could have other races join the guilds like the old Khazad-Dum Clan system. I would have them all in one clan. Maybe after we see how many people stick around I will work on an overarching story plot or a campaign for them to work together towards.

New Soul
Okay I'll leave the Dwarf Mountain Clans to you, Oro. I'll definitely be a participant!

Healer of Imladris
Moriel - - Squeeeeeeeeeee! (must confess that you sometimes turn up on my Facebook feed, perhaps I should actually post and comment more often, feeling very stalkery now that we're all together again... :smiley9:)

Anyways, I would like to apply for the position of Always Underfoot Blueberry Pie Stealing Sometimes Tipsy Horrible Nuisance Pub Cat. A quick Google search has me leaning towards the name Presto (https://www.jrrvf.com/hisweloke/sindar/ ... trict.html). It is probably not grammatically accurate, but I am not sure I can resist. Thoughts?

Aig - Yavie!!! I forgot :o This is bananas.

Black Númenórean
Linny - You are IN. Just remember that Alagon has a pet robin that was definitely there first... so maybe Presto is new and Gliri is still adjusting to him (in a very jealous fashion) :smiley16:

Archer of Lothlorien
Dimcairien- Come hang out with me! I don't have nearly as much free time, either, and plan to stay pretty casual, so minimal pressure to keep posting a lot.
Bain- Come hang out in Lothlorien with me!

Healer of Imladris
Did someone say Bain?? As in Baingil?? Why does that name make me think of squirrels? :smiley16:

Moriel - - A robin, is it? Gliri, is it? I solemnly swear Presto won't actually eat him. *gleeful cackling* :smiley15:

Scout of Lothlorien
Aig: Oh, yeah, Marianna! Definitely need to consider figuring out something to do with her. It's been so long, and I didn't use her nearly as much as I wanted to.

Cair: Hmm, Bain might be able to take a Lothlorien vacation. I'm wearing the icon for it, after all... Can't promise to be consistent with posting, though. Edit: Tell ya what, if I don't get back to the thread in a timely manner and we've been interacting, you have my full permission to say that Bain zoned out while staring at a squirrel.

Aerlin: Squirrels? Where? *innocent blink* (Yep that's me!)

Warrior of Imladris
Well, I wasn't struck by any new creative game ideas, so I have restarted the Maze. Please, come one, come all, and attempt the winding paths!
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=78
Thanks for the opportunity, Aig.

Now to decide where to RP Laintaen first: the valley, the house, or the pub?

Elven Enchanter
Laintaen: I intend to enter the maze, though it probably won't happen for a few hours until I get done with work for the day.

Healer of Imladris
Aig, help! What type of dog was he?? :smiley9:

New Soul
I read that this morning when I woke up, the post in the Maze, and I was like awwww :D !!! Made by day, Linny, lol. So Belegarm was a white wolfhound of Valinor. I think we decided years ago that Belegarm's mate was a hound of Middle-earth though we never specified what breed, only that her name was Ristiel and that she had Yavie's coloring...and died of sorrow when Belegarm did not come back with Aig and Aerlinn after the Angmar War :smiley13: . But you can decide and I'll include it in the bio I'm making for Aig (tweaking the one that's already existed for years now that Roina has been his wife forever)

Khazad Elder
Ok Aig, now that you are awake I got some questions for you. I’m working on a Dwarven home, probably the Blue Mountains during this time frame, although I’d prefer a 4th age Khazad-Dum. If we do the dwarves how do you think the thread should be? Just a general area thread like the others? Or a specific targeted goal thread? Like a Mines with events that happen? I can think of a couple good plots that can happen in different threads.

Councillor of Imladris
*bounces excitedly off the walls*

Yay!! Everything here has me so excited.

I'm really interested in that Hobbit parody. :smiley8: That gives me an idea. Maybe we can have a local dinner theatre/pub RP, where people's characters can do poetry readings, comedy acts, songs, plays, et cetera. Just anything fun people can think of that'd get performed at a pub or a coffee shop. (Various costumes are encouraged but not required, folks.) Would anyone else be interested in doing something like this?