Imladris Activities General OOC Thread

The fair valley of Rivendell, upon whose house the stars of heaven most brightly shone.
New Soul
Well, if both parents are Moriquendi, Dark Elves, and you want an Eldarin - High Elf - in the family...your character's grandparent could have been an Exile who married a Silvan or Grey Elf. I think it's simple to have just one kind of ancestry for your character though if it's too difficult to work out. Also, the Light in the West is gone because the Trees have been destroyed for eons. Yes, still possible to make an elven teenager.

Anyways, have fun! We are looking forward to writing with you!
"Eriol... 'One who dreams alone.' ” - Tolkien, The Book of Lost Tales I

Balrog
Have you ever wanted to play a squirrel or a chipmunk doing chipmunk or squirrel things? Don't lie to me, I know you have. Well I have some good news for you. Now is your chance to play!

WHERE are my NUTS?! (ån RP game)

Come on down and show us your best squirrel/chipmunk/random forest critter! It's sure to be nuts.
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Black Númenórean

Come and see Mordor's latest attraction: The Warg Pits. In the caves under the Morannon are housed the Warg Pits. The caverns are extensive and there is room for hundreds of the beasts. It's your one stop warg shop for breeding, training, fighting, and recovery. Be advised that while all are welcome, this thread is for minion characters only, whether trainer or warg; Any Free Persons who have ventured this far into Mordor had best be in HEAVY disguise: the Wargs have excellent noses...

Thread may be used for free-RP, or for a mini-game within the fighting pits. There will be periodic optional Events and RP prompts.

Current event: it's whelping time! Come pick out your future champion warg from the pups, or play one of the ferocious little beasts.
Evil is a lifestyle | she/her

Knight of The Mark
@Annúnfalas If you want to I would be happy to still have Laerina as Rior's and Olly's adopted daughter. I don't know if you remember but Olly has been dead for 9 years IC, she was killed in battle while on a mission with the halcyon guard. (Olly is buried in the Imladris masoleum, In Callorim O Noire Atalantë, if Laerina ever want to visit on her own.)
I killed her off in 2011 which seems a lifetime ago. I RPed Rior telling Amaniel but don't think we ever got around to RP him telling Laerina but I assume he sent a letter to meet him and that he told her. If I remember correctly we were planning to RP Rior, Laerina and her sister Amaniel visiting Olly's grave together when she had just died. Not sure if Amaniel is older or younger than Laerina but she has a daughter of her own, Bellethiel.

Do you want to keep any other family connections?
The ones I have listed from old plaza are:

* Adria Rosethorn, an elf who was born in FA 82 and her parents died in FA 96 and she was adopted by Arethor making her Sur Vanar's cousin

* Lilith Calion, adopting one of your elves as her daughter, don't remember the name of this elf though. I think the name started with L (?) but I could be wrong. She lived in Lindon. I know we started RP'ing Lilith coming to Lindon with her friend Rior Laegiel and while they were there they came to visit Lilith's daughter.
Rohirrim at heart, always.

New Soul
Didn't Olly die on an Eagle mission which Telkelion led, @Rior Laegiel ? I'm glad you remember the mausoleum name, I have to use that in some in Imladris writings and character bios. :nod:

I cannot express my gratitude for being graciously given Tharmáras, @Annúnfalas :winkkiss: . He's become one of my favorite and most beloved characters to write and I hope I honor you with him :smooch: .

Knight of The Mark
@Annúnfalas I haven't been on Discord in a while, I don't remember the last time I was there before this morning.

Would you mind having a sisterly relationship for Ann with Aerwyn instead of Adria? I think I only used Adria in one or two posts in an RP with Sur on old plaza but my character Aerwyn is a Lindon elf who was in the Lindon guard (she still is but I haven't RP'ed it yet) and she was training at the Lindon vinyards to become a brewer. She grew up in Lindon but I haven't created any parents for her so I could easily have her as a ward of Cirdan.

I only have one Lindon character right now. She has recently married and I have him as an Imladris character right now but I 'm thinking of changing this. Ann would have been invited to Aerwyn and Cavan's wedding (as would Cavan's mother and unlike Cavan his mother can be hard to get along with). I could bring Aerwyn and Cavan to the court of lord Cirdan but I'm going to keep Cavan's mother as an Imladris character (she doesn't like spending time in Lindon because of painful memories from her past). :smile:

@Tharmáras Yes. I'd forgotten the eagle part :embarrassed: but the mission was to save eagle eggs from orcs? I saved the name of the masoleum because I didn't want to go looking through old posts/threads in search for it (too lazy :tongue: :lol: ) if I ever wanted to mention it in a post somewhere. And if Rior, Laerina and Amaniel was planning on visiting where Olly was buried I wanted to know where to go. :smile:

New Soul
Yes, @Rior Laegiel , saving the Eagle eggs from Orcs! I'm honored to have been part of your character journey :encore: :smooch: ! Did we mention what the mausoleum looks like? Asking just in case you saved any description of the tomb that I might have made. If not, I hope you don't mind if I address it in the Valley of Rivendell Free RP.

@Annúnfalas , I'm anticipating our adventures in the Lindon Free RP! Did you and I name Telkelion's / Filla's vineyard yet in our Discord plotting :winkkiss: ?

Black Númenórean
@Annúnfalas That wouldn't go well- Davos is staunchly opposed to whaling outside of communities like the Lossoth who might hunt them for subsistence! I imagine whaling would be one of the points of friction between he and Eärmana :winkkiss:

New Soul
We know Girithniel opposes whaling....probably even Nariel's whale-watching....whales in general :rofl:

Knight of The Mark
@Annúnfalas I will message you on Discord.

@Tharmáras I don't mind you addressing what the mausoleum looks like. :smile: I had hoped that I had saved something useful about it but in the document I made for the funeral I had only saved my post for Rior and the speech part of your second post. Nothing from your first post describing the surroundings or the mausoleum. Sorry.

My post for Rior isn't very helpful either since he "barely noticed of his surroundings" because "his mind strayed as old memories surfaced". The only thing I have is that they placed Olly's (green) casket on a purple marble bier inside the masoleum during the funeral which isn't very helpful.

Did we RP the burial in a Valley of Imladris thread or the last Ost-Erthad thread before you opened the first Ost-Halatir thread? I know our posts for the burial were the last posts in the thread we posted in before you closed it. Maybe it could be found in archive with the wayback machine? :shrug:

New Soul
Thanks, @Annúnfalas :winkkiss: ! I'll put that in my Wordpad notes for the Plaza! We will have to get Girithniel speaking to Eärmana in flashback posts in the Lindon Free RP.... :cry:

@Rior Laegiel , thanks for allowing me creative freedom regarding what the Imladris mausoleum looks like! I'll be referencing it in character biographies (since it's been around since the days following the First Siege of Imladris in the Second Age, I recall mentioning) and posts in the Valley of Rivendell Free RP. I have plenty of Elves who have been buried there except for Aigronding's brother, Arasoron, who is interred within a burial vault at Linyamaril, the Mordagnir estate in Rivendell's forest (it's written about in Moriel's Tavari Tales thread in the Cottage of Lost Play). The purple marble bier might not sound too helpful but I think I could mention that it's a common feature for the coffins of the tomb. I need to check today if I can locate the Ost-Erthad or Valley of Rivendell, searching for our mausoleum posts, in the Way Back Machine! I already found one thread I needed yesterday from the Cottage. I'll share what I find if I'm lucky!

To all whom it may concern, I haven't been writing for the forum since last month because of NaNoWriMo. Now that it's over, I'm returning to regular posting. I'll try to be swifter than I have been recently; my shifts can be rather tiring but I'll make a harder effort beginning today. Just be patient with me, replies are coming. Thanks to all of you for plotting with me about RPs during last month. Anticipating all our fun ideas being established here.

High Lord of Imladris
Come have some fun at the Bruinen Winter Classic!
Come see if you can win the first ice fishing competition of the Plaza.

Click^^

Lots of fun to be had!

Thain of The Mark

A little office has sprung up in Hobbiton (not far from the Post Office). Within, people may leave and answer personal calls for aid; to solve the hundred and one tiny mysteries that arise in the Shire...

Get out your largest magnifying glass and your most sleuth-like outfit as you join the ranks of the Hobbit Detective Agency! Or are caught in mischief yourself...

Elven Enchanter

Oh no! Gandalf is visiting Rohan - well is he named ill-news; because although he’s brought Shadowfax back to visit (Yay)! He hasn’t learned how to close doors.

Stable doors.

As a result, half of the horses in the stables have made it out and are now having a party around Meduseld...

It’s YOUR job to round them up and lead them back to the stables and fields where they belong! (Or alternatively, steal them and herd them off to wherever you choose.)

Come and round up some horses!

Knight of The Mark
@Tharmáras I found the date for the mausoleum (it was erected in S.A. 1697) while editing Rior's bio a bit. I have his and Olly's together but didn't think to look for anything useful there. :smile:

Black Númenórean

It's time for some SHENANIGANS!!! Come on down to the Mordor pop-up holiday pub for good times and mischief. All are welcome, good or evil or somewhere in between. A truce has been called and murder is off the menu- good times only!! Come sample the festive menu, exchange gifts, and blow off work. What more could you ask for?!

Khazad Elder

Black Númenórean
WHO WOULD YOU BE??

Come one, come all!! Come join in a new Plaza-wide RPG, featuring canon characters, canon-adjacent characters, your personal characters, and any mix of the three!

We hope this is going to be a large RPG, but we want it to move snappily and for everyone to have a chance to play some canon characters. What is the plot? We'll decide that once everyone comes in and tells us what canon characters they're interested in playing! That's right- you tell us in the signup thread which FOUR canon characters you would be interested in playing. Any character that would be alive in Middle Earth between the time of the Hobbit and the LotR is up for grabs!

Not sure what we mean by canon adjacent? Come to the thread and find out!

Not sure if you have time to commit to a big RP? That's ok- we're not looking for huge posts every time, and we're also implementing a rotating cast so roles will be covered if someone has to miss a prompt!

Not sure if you want to play, or just want to spectate? Come give us your top four canon characters anyway, and help influence the plot! ALL can list your choices!

High Lord of Imladris
Come play a game of high stakes hide and seek against Tolkien fanatics as residents of Rivendell in the reborn

^Clicky^

Thain of The Mark
Are you a writer? Do you adore writers? Come check out the new Plaza Writers group!
(click the pic!)

Banner by Fuin

Balrog
Everyone deserves to relax. Even the lowly minions of Mordor. That's why Reg and Fleeg have joined ChAoTiC forces and opened Mordor's first spa!

It's the Uhhhhhhhh Spa's Grand Opening and you're invited!
Come on and enjoy a nice relaxing message, an acupuncture session, aroma therapy, yoga, a zen garden and more!
Once you've finished relaxing, come and take a load off at our café with a wide variety of locally sourced, organic treats!

Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

High Lord of Imladris
To those awaiting an update of the Bruinen Fishing game apologies it should have been updated yesterday, but ran out of time with my brothers birthday stuff, and I had to drive 6 hours today, I did get a few posts done but sadly I just don't have the juice to finish out that post. I am going to be up early though as have an early morning appointment. Will probably get the post up for you guys either right after it when I get home around 11:30 my time OR after I wake up from post OMG I just put my body through trauma nap.

High Lord of Imladris
@Lady of Shadow saw you mentioning possibly having your half sister character come into Imladris running from your main so figured I'd get you into this OOC now as that sounds possibly like something that could be interesting and I have a few ideas for where it could take place and certain interactions but we may want to be a bit more hush on that as at least one of those ideas isn't going to be up yet for another day or so. If you want you can hit me up on discord and we can talk about stuff that could happen there if you would like.

Orc Chieftain
I'm not on Discord unfortunately, so feel free to tag me in the OOC thread in Mordor, since I first mentioned the idea in there to see where it would be best to post my starting post (either the Army or Free RP threads). Lathana may have escaped the Pits by taking out the Orc that was guarding her cell (which was not Orngor, since he may have still been on assignment in Angmar), but she's still trapped in the Dark Land, so it's good to start the RP there, since Naelia's summoned to Barad-dur's throne room to inform her of this escape. I only asked for some help since I'm not planning on killing off Lathana any time soon (even though she was created more as an expendable character, but has grown quite a bit since then), so if she is to survive, it's best to relocate her to a place that will protect her from the denizens of Mordor (which includes Naelia, since she won't hesitate to put her out of her misery if they were ever to cross paths again).
He who commands the Ruling Ring... commands all

Black Númenórean

Lhûn Boat Racing is back!! Come claim your boat and race your way around the Gulf of Lhûn- can you prevail against giant sea crabs, unpredictable weather, and the antics of your fellow racers to win the day?! Only seven slots are available for racers, so hurry to the starting line before it's too late! All welcome, including spectators.

Balrog
You found your nuts, but now it's time to... Protect my Nuts in an exciting, action packed sequel to the Where are my Nuts. When the forest animals gather for a feast to celebrate the end of the year and the successful gathering of their food, things turn grim. It's a survival of the fittest... or the cutest... or the luckiest. Will Skwovet betray Tenebrous? Will Mr Black reign supreme? Will Fwirl come from behind and defeat them all? Will a new challenger pounce from the shadows and steal all the nuts for themselves? The drama! The intrigue! The thrills and chills! Join in now!

Balrog
On the Rocks might be closed for the season, but something like that could never stop the ChÂoS BrƟs! Join the duo of dumb for an illicit round of everyone’s favorite pub game and get ready for… Hoppit Darts: The Fleegening!

Black Númenórean

Yule is coming to the Shire and it’s a wonderful time of year! ...That is, until one day when little Nico Boffin disappears.
Hobbit parents have long warned their children that, if they misbehaved, the Krampus would come. Now, it seems, he finally has!

Come one, come all, to evade the terrifying Krampus!
she/her | Esta tierra no es mía, soy de la nocheósfera.

High Warden of Tower
Winter Is Come Inn
Feeling hungry or thirsty? Perhaps in need of some fun and company? Got no coin? Well, don't worry, put up a performance - dance, sing, tell a story, what have you, and you get a meal! Whatever the case, come on in and make merry!

Black Númenórean
@Annúnfalas Just saw your archive post and new court thread- could you please list Davos Seaworth under Master Shipwrights and Nyárener the Scribe under Scribes? Thanks!! :grin:

New Soul
I love the OP and all the majestic pics you've found, @Annúnfalas 😍! I hope I can persuade Cassie to have Tharmáras and Nariel visit your late couple's hidden pathway together! It would be romantic for them and the curiosity would certainly intrigue them 💞.

Chief Counsellor of Gondor
The thread certainly looks incredible @Annúnfalas :thumbs: . Thank you for humouring certain court-obsessed ladies. I look forward to the fun we’ll surely all have there. :grin:
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost
The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not touched by the frost.

High Lord of Imladris
And Fuin will attempt not to cause any extreme havoc in the court @Annúnfalas :lol:

Though honestly havoc does tend to make for a fun time in threads

New Soul
Havoc indeed, @Fuin Elda ...... :smiley15: :rofl:

@Annúnfalas , Masqueraders waiting on Fuin post like:

High Lord of Imladris
@Tharmáras Fortunately, with my standard skills, they need not wait too long for my response. Was a lot of fun to write that up making sure there were few that would know who it was in that dress (I figure at this point Hath probably would know WHO it is just ripping him to utter shreds given what she's doing to him... though he's probably questioning where she learned to do such things)

New Soul
He's gonna have pounding headaches and nightmares for a bit :headshake: :lol: ! And, of course, doubling up the guards when he's prospecting on the mainland after this harrowing incident.... Hath won't be on the cruise coming up because his wife will be upset with him but Meluiwen will get to hang with Fuin and her girls like Nariel . Hath will find out answers to his questions about Fuin in White Gem most likely :nod: .

New Soul
*hauls snacks and drinks and prepares to read how the honourable grandmother :tongue: is gonna handle this*
She/her.
Solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant

Balrog
I'm opening up a little fun open RP in the Lothlorien Free RP thread if anyone wants to join in on a yam stealing caper

New Soul
You mean Silosse, the mother of Cassie's Erfaron character, @Nessa Saelind ? She'll probably stop her son from helping Hatholdir. He's unfortunately a mama's boy :flail: .

I might join you next month, @Beowulf :headbang: ! Aigronding's son-in-law's mother lives in Lorien. She is a new NPC so I need to use Nenmallen more often outside of Ost-Halatir.

Edit: Nessa told me 'the grandmother' is Fuin, my mistake :lol:
Last edited by Eriol on Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

High Lord of Imladris
@Beowulf I mean I feel like the Raccoons in this case would be a nemesis rather than a help to your sweet bear. :lol: If you want them to try to steal the yams from the yam caper I'm sure we can figure something out.

Chief Counsellor of Gondor
@Tharmáras, I should like it stated, for the record, that Erfaron may in fact be more compliant to his mother than to the Moleking, but she is undoubtedly more terrifying than he is. :rasp: Also that the MoleKing has a certain hat-toting bodyguard whom he pays well to protect him in just this sort of situation. Which is not Erfaron. Send for the fool who is no doubt chatting up barmaids in Bree (not the pirate. The other one). :tongue: So if Hatholdir wants to go and provoke someone such as the equally terrifying Fuin, then he was absolutely asking for whatever he gets. :tongue: Also that, despite Cara’s obstinate habit of ‘naming/claiming’ family friends as her kin, Silosse is noone’s grandmother :googly: .

You may now return to your regularly scheduled post/read -ing. I have not been at the seasonal spirits too early in the day. Am simply thrilled to only have to work a half day on this festive date. Am as happy as Kermit the Frog and Bob Cratchit rolled into one. Thankyou and good day. :grin: :winkkiss: :lol:
Last edited by Ercassie on Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost
The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not touched by the frost.

New Soul
I am anticipating future Terrifying Silosse Chews Hatholdir Out scenes, @Ercassie :rofl: ! Now you've encouraged me to think of Hatholdir yelling at Astaro when he returns from the East (before Hatholdir sees his missing daughter, Kalina, in Astaro's companyy) for being away from when Fuin assaulted his mind :headshake: ...even though he was the one who sent Astaro into the East to wrest an aurichalcum mine from Easterlings for Mole property :lol: . Aigronding will happpily respond to Cara calling him "Grandfather" since Erfaron resents it :nod: . I'm happy you don't have to work too long for NHS today, Cassie, and can relax at your leisure :winkkiss: !

Happy Christmas Eve, everyone!

New Soul
Tharmáras wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:17 amEdit: Nessa told me 'the grandmother' is Fuin, my mistake :lol:
:lol: I can already hear her sharpening her weapons because of this :lol:
She/her.

Balrog
@Tharmáras Bring her on in! The more the merrier, she might be the one tending the garden where the caper is taking place, or maybe she can be the inside man (elf?), either way we'd be happy to have you!

@Fuin Elda raccoons and capers are like peanut butter and jelly! Just make sure you're trio of doofs are nice to Osa!

High Lord of Imladris
@David Bowie I feel like every time i make a raccoon post people should have the great outdoors raccoon track in the background while reading it.

Balrog
@Fuin Elda I had to look that because I hadn't heard it before, now I'll never be able to get it out of my head when reading them

High Lord of Imladris
@David Bowie Perfect, brain weasel song suffering requires company. Lol Because every time I write them get that entirely in my head on repeat. If I had a way of actively putting that sound clip into every post I would

Guardian of Imladris
Hi everyone, sorry for my absence and inactivity in the rp. Just got out an exam phase but I'm back and I'll be more active again now :)
"Mae govannen mellon nin."

High Lord of Imladris

^^Clicky^^

The first Season of IK racing here on NuPlaza is officially starting in Khazad Dum!

Join up to race on behalf of any of the kingdoms or cheer on your favourite racer!

New Soul
Tharmáras wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:58 am (...) fleeging knave (...)
I'm just going to put this here for posterity, so we can mark the momentous occasion when Fleeg was used as an adjective expletive :lol: It has absolutely nothing to do with me dissolving into a fit of giggles. Nope, no sir. We don't have that in this household :lol:
She/her.