Imladris Activities General OOC Thread

The fair valley of Rivendell, upon whose house the stars of heaven most brightly shone.
New Soul
I'm overjoyed you're here, @Fuin Elda, welcome home🥳 !! Quill has been concentrating on RL for a while but I'm sure she wouldn't mind me answering for you. You can definitely be a Nestor! I'm glad Adab Nestad is active now, needed a bump. The Tingdain has always been your baby and one of Rivendell's beloved threads so I'm excited to see you in charge of it again! :clap: . Perhaps my metallurgist Elf-lord, Hatholdir, (a former Mole of Gondolin...) will pay Fuin a visit to give her some ore from the mountains of his Wethrin Isle west of Lindon to make alloys with though I'm sure she's well supplied. I have Aigronding in the mining business (it's in his bio), sending metal and jewels to the forge; Hatholdir and Aig are competitors. If you make icons, you could feature them in the Imladris Archives. Miss your beautiful artwork! I have to work soon and will be there most of the day but I'll reply as Aewrusca tonight or tomorrow for you; I already have a post half-completed for you there now.

@Aerlinn , I miss you, sis! I hope you'll be writing again soon. Knowing you, your character will be a Bree street kid, a pickpocket 🤣.
"Eriol... 'One who dreams alone.' ” - Tolkien, The Book of Lost Tales I

High Lord of Imladris
@Aigronding Mordagnir I should also ask where I should be figuring out what rank I am in whatever version of the Host of Imladris now (apologies I am old enough to remember it as the Host) I know I was a top rank in it because the Raveara was a gifted name by Rilome for service since I couldn't attain a higher rank short of becoming the commander/2iC

ALSO I totally found all of the old graphics for it upon paying for my photobucket so I will be pulling those OFF of photobucket because Photobucket is useless and hosting them on my server for the sake of being able to guarantee they won't go missing or deadlink ever and will get those up.

Am thinking we may do a cleaning of the forge and reigniting it... Might be fun to have the Host drop off some weapons for sharpening so those that had played before have something to do. So I will be happy to have deliveries of metal and jewels for people to put away!

@Aerlinn Would love to have you back! I don't remember what rank you were anymore but we can figure that out once I remember what the ranks actually were (apprentice, smith, master smith for normal ranks and then grand master for myself)

I am done work already (Not a bad day 250 in 3 hours stabbing people) so I'm going to head home and work on this once I clean house a bit I expect the Forge will be fully operational tonight.
Sereg a Dîn

Black Númenórean
@Fuin Elda Hey Fuin, welcome back! You can find current information on the Adab Nestad from Quill here and in the following two posts. Like Aig said, she's been busy with RL for a while but has still been popping in now and then. I'm playing the Tinestor, Cándo (though he hasn't been active in the thread proper yet, planning to get in there over the weekend finally), who would be happy to welcome back a returning healer :thumbs: Information on ranks for the Halcyon Guard can by found in the OP of Ost-Halatir. Aig and I have basically been accepting people back at whatever rank they tell us their character was in the past, so take a look at the list and let us know! Looking forward to seeing the Tingdain back :grin:

@Aigronding Mordagnir, I will be getting on the renown tracking post soon for Halatir! And I'll be moving my mission party off from the gates also, were you wanting to make a post before they arrive at Echad Gwedeir?
Evil is a lifestyle | she/her

New Soul
@Fuin Elda , since you were one of our most active members and the Nienna admin in olden days, you can have the rank of Taidril captain, if you like! You can also display your Raveara title in posts. Since we don't have the Kingdoms of Lorien, Lindon, or Mirkwood for the present (there are area-centered threads for them here in the Imladris Forum though so there's all the elven representation we need), Moriel and I decided we'd have guards from those lands helping each other in the Host. Photobucket has been extremely disappointing over the years, sadly! We'd love it if you could show Moriel and I those old icons and I'm glad you have that server! Thank you for the deliveries of metal and jewels for Ost-Halatir 🥳!! You can use the forge there any time and I'll edit my OP to feature the link of the Tingdain thread when you have it posted so soldiers can visit the valley smithy as well ⚒.

@Moriel , thanks for tracking rank for me still as Arahiril, you're a lifesaver ⚘! I want to make a post as Edan, yes, before Tavari arrives. I've been wrestling over two things of what could have happened to Taurina but I think I know now. Can you give me by midnight to post tomorrow? Also, would you like to heal Fuin? I have Aewrusca getting Annamiri for Fuin but I could have her get Cándo instead. It would free up some posting time for me. If that's a yes, I can finish my Adab post tonight for you 😘.

High Lord of Imladris
@Moriel Well by the requirements I'd be a Turwen Nestor - I'd taught at least one apprentice class (I think two possibly) and a nestor class back forever ago when we were busy enough to host healing classes with the tests and all of that and was working on a herbal book which I'm sure I still have the painted pages I'd done somewhere.... and then when we moved to one on one apprenticing I think I did that as well though by then we were slowing down so was trying to let others teach more.

@Aigronding Mordagnir I'll be posting them so you'll def get to see them Saves me making new ones! And believe it or not Tingdain was not always mine! I actually took it over from someone else it was the very first thread I ran though.
Sereg a Dîn

Elven Enchanter
@Almarëa Mordollwen Absolutely no rush, but whenever you're up to it, I'd love to keep going with our storyline in Adab Nestad. Just let me know when/if it works to continue.

New Soul
Thanks, @Fuin Elda ! So Taidril captain for the Elven Host and Tar Turwen for Adab Nestad? You've been leader of the Forge for so long it's difficult gor me to imagine anyone else but you having been its custodian 🤣😃!

High Lord of Imladris
@Aigronding Mordagnir Yup as long as everyone is fine with me having those titles I'll take em on and help out where I can. And I know Lady A took over it for a SHORT while when I went to Lothlorien. But uhhh Cuth something or other was it's original owner and was happy to unload it on me as they didn't know anything about actual black smithing and I did so they sort of pushed me through the ranks stupid fast because I knew what I was doing.... And honestly since the old plaza I have legit created leather armor for myself so that's fun. No metal but I live in the city and no way I can safely get a forge going here. At least not a coal one and I can't afford a gas one.

@Moriel Also I have noted that the current quest is only at the gate, would it be alright to join in? I can get a post up in the next day or so with ease.

Black Númenórean
@Fuin Elda as this mission has gotten the majority of its members now by them showing up at the gate, I don't see why not :lol: Go ahead and join us; Tavari is going on along on the mission, but Gellam, the newly instated head of the Mirkwood Guard, is leading it, so you'd be reporting in to him. I'd like to move us on from the gates in the next day or two but my to do list is lengthy so it's no problem to wait for you :thumbs: And I'll get an Adab Nestad post up for you tomorrow now that Aewrusca has delivered Fuin to Cándo!

Guardian of Imladris
Hi everyone :)

I just rejoined the plaza and I really want to get back to roleplaying :grin: I've just got a question concerning that: Is it possible for me to play as Legolas Thranduilion? I have always been a huge Legolas fan (even before the movies) and would just love to play him as an rpg character :smile:

Thank you for an answer :)
"Mae govannen mellon nin."

High Lord of Imladris
@Legolas From what I can tell, no not permanently anyways - in historical RPs there is a chance you could request posting as Legolas but generally canon characters are saved special events/ or for those either wearing an Admin Tribute Rank where you'd be able to RP as him if you were given that rank for that entire month (if that person choses that particular character)

You also are welcome to get permission to RP as them in specific threads but that would have to be done with permission of the thread runner
Sereg a Dîn

Black Númenórean
Hey @Legolas, welcome back to the plaza! As you may have figured out, this is a totally new iteration of the plaza, and things aren't quite the same as the old plaza :grin: There are no site-wide rules prohibiting you from playing a canon character such as Legolas. But you should be sure to read the OP (opening post) of each thread you participate in carefully to make sure the thread runner hasn't made either any rules: prohibiting canon characters, establishing who will be playing a certain canon character or characters in that thread, or asked people to sign up to play certain canon character(s). All we ask when you are playing a canon character outside of threads with any particular rules about them is that you realize that no one has exclusive claim to that character, and to exercise common sense and communicate with other players if it looks like there may be a conflict or confusion over who is playing who. We don't have a PM system set up at the moment, but there's plenty of OOC threads, and we also have a discord server! If you'd like an invite, let me know, and you can come join us :grin:

@Fuin Elda, as you can see from my reply to Legolas, things are a bit different here than on the old plaza :smooch:

High Lord of Imladris
@Moriel I went with the fact every thread I saw with canon characters had people stating they were playing characters with permission of the thread runner to the end of the thread etc so figured it was fairly relaxed comparatively, but good to know cause I know before the answer was an absolute hard no unless it was canon to have the character there and then it required permission and I knew that was not the answer :smooch:

(I may suggest as more older plazanites come in possibly adding that beautiful answer to the 'RP rules' to avoid any confusion as this thread won't be the main pinned one forever... phpbb boards use to get grumpy with caching issues over 100 pages and this wonderful answer will get buried and lost.)
Sereg a Dîn

Storyteller
@Moriel, I love that we're not hard and fast with things here. :grin: I do think @Fuin Elda's suggestion of adding that somewhere in the RP Code of Conduct is an excellent idea, because I myself would not have known the best answer to that question. I'm sure there will be others wondering about this in the future too.

Black Númenórean
A note about it in there probably wouldn't go amiss, to have the answer out in public and easily found! I'll bring it up with the team :grin: Thanks for the suggestion you two :thumbs:

Master Torturer
Legolas wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:53 am Hi everyone :)

I just rejoined the plaza and I really want to get back to roleplaying :grin: I've just got a question concerning that: Is it possible for me to play as Legolas Thranduilion? I have always been a huge Legolas fan (even before the movies) and would just love to play him as an rpg character :smile:

Thank you for an answer :)
Welcome back! I would LOVE to see Leggy around! Fair warning, there might be some stalking involved *coughsorrynotsorrycough*
Were you Legolas on the old plaza too or did you go by another name? Just curious! :D

Guardian of Imladris
@Fuin Elda and @Moriel thank you for your help and your fast replies. I had quite the concern about having to wait on replies for really long time, since i just rejoined the plaza yesterday and didn't know what it was going to be like :) I also agree that it should definitely be mentioned somewhere, just as an information for other potential roleplayers :thumbs:

@Winddancer Thank you. I'm really glad to be back. What do you mean with stalking haha :lol: ? I changed my name quite often to be honest. I first went with PrinceImrik, later with Legolas Thranduilion :)

Edit: By the way, in what age does the general rolplay take place? I'm asking because in this Gondorian rpg thread it is mentioned that the war of the ring is over. Is that so, or is that just concerning this specific Gondorian rpg thread?

Arien
Arien
@Legolas It can vary from thread to thread and kingdom to kingdom. Mordor for example is always set before the Ring is destroyed or there’d be no kingdom effectively to play in.
cave anserem

Master Torturer
@Legolas I *might* have overly fancied Legolas at some point. So.. just a heads up.. :P

New Soul
@Aerlinn The good thing is the family will have those who need to go on "long missions" *winkwink* and come and go as necessary :) and the idea behind it is that we infiltrate across open RP threads rather than one of our own as a real mafia might do.

@Aigronding Mordagnir I'm going to go ahead and set up an OOC thread for further planning as you suggested getting a real estate person for Combe outskirts :) I'm also creating characters left and right and need a place to put them all!

New Soul
We could use the OOC thread here, @corlisswyn ! That way we can minimize duplicate threads.

I'll read soon, getting off work 🌹! Putting up market gir Bree before bed! I had to do Ost-Halatir and Adab last night lol. You made my day with the "Aig-style post" comment 😅🤣🤣🤣

So, just to be clear, you're making the real estate Bree character for the market?

New Soul
@Aigronding Mordagnir where would be the best place for character assignments, here or OOC? or should the compound be a thread? Its been ages since running a RP idea!

New Soul
You could make a thief syndicate thread if you like. Whenever you're ready to order subordinates, you vould issue commands within thst thread, @corlisswyn .

Welcome back, @Legolas ! I remember you well. You're welcome to RP Thranduil's son in my Last Homely House RP and I'd efit the OP to mention you're playing him if you let me know you're writing there. We also have RP threads for Mirkwood here in the Imladris Forum.

Black Númenórean

Come one, come all, to the Hall of Judgement in Carn Dûm where murder has taken place, and more is to come if you don't help find the killer. This game + light RP is based on the party game "mafia" (also known as werewolf, assassin, or witch hunt), adjusted for the forum format. All are welcome, though non-minions better watch their step!

Guardian of Imladris
@Winddancer Hahaha okay I see. Well that's totally relatable then :rofl:
@Aigronding Mordagnir I would love to join your Last Homely House RPG als Legolas! :headbang:

Black Númenórean
@Aigronding Mordagnir Hill Watch ranks for you!

Chief

Deputy

Marshal

Commander

Inspector

Sergeant

Constable

New Soul
Great to hear it, @Legolas :grin: ! I'm going to have Lord Elrond appear at his table for the feast in my next post. You could bring Legolas and they can have supper together :clap: !

Thank you, @Moriel :winkkiss: ! I'll feature them in the Imladris Archives once I've made the activity sometime this month.

Black Númenórean
I apologize to everyone I have over-promised to about getting an Ost-Halatir up in the past couple days :googly: Between RL distractions and chronic pain (I'm fine, I just have several injuries/issues of varying age playing up at once) I haven't gotten it done yet. But it is begun and will hopefully finish sometime on Friday and I will tag you all when I post it :grin:

New Soul
@Nen, I'm not sure when you, or @Quill, will return but I've read all your posts. Wait for me next, friend. I need to get the Bree Market up then I can write for us and Giliathriel in Ost-Halatir :nod: .

Guardian of Imladris
@Aigronding Mordagnir: I will start posting my arrival at Rivendell today as: Image

Edit:
- @Moriel yes, I'd like to join the discord server :smile:
- @Aigronding Mordagnir May I also take Legolas to visit the Ost-Halatir: Elven Guards & Rangers RPG (Lindon & Rivendell, Mirkwood & Lórien)? I imagine Thranduil's son would love to gain news, inspect and conversate with the guards :)
Last edited by Legolas on Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Guardian of Imladris
bump

Master Torturer
Here is the Discord link, it will only work for a few hours, so it it doesnt work, let me know! https://discord.gg/w2jZ2K

Also about posting as Leggie, post where you want to, just read the top post of any thread you want to post in, it will tell you if you can't. If it doesnt say, then go for it :D There are no limitations or need to ask every time you want to post, you just check the top post and follow those rules <3

Black Númenórean
Hey @Legolas! See Windy's post above for a discord link :grin: Sorry we missed you for a couple days- we have discovered that when you edit tags into a post, they don't actually send a notification, so if you forgot to tag someone, make a second post to tag and they'll get the ping! Aig is at work but poked me to respond to your about Ost-Halatir. You're definitely welcome to bring him in to visit the fort, Aig and a few others are there IC just now. I'm currently leading a mission with a character I've been meaning to talk to you about now that you're popping up playing Legolas- my Mirkwood elf Gellam has been living in Imladris for several years, but is Thranduil's Fool and was Oropher's before him, and was just instated by Thranduil as the head of the Mirkwood Guard. So he and Legolas would probably know each other fairly well! If you like we can plot about that on discord :grin: Gellam and his party are just about to leave the fortress on their current mission so they'll probably miss each other this time.

High Lord of Imladris
@Legolas IF you post fast you'll get to see the crew before we leave lol but you'll have to beat @Moriel to posting :lol:
Sereg a Dîn

Guardian of Imladris
@Winddancer thank you for the invite and for the info again :smile:
@Moriel Sounds really nice! Let's definitely plot about it. Oh and yeah I've figured out how to tag someone correctly now :winkkiss:

Black Númenórean
In a twist of fate Ost-Halatir friends Legolas is going to join us so I will update tomorrow after he gets his post in :grin:

New Soul

Helm's Deep is in trouble! Classified information is being smuggled out, and the Cavalry needs somebody trustworthy to investigate!
Third Marshal of the Mark
Meduseld Éored

High Lord of Imladris
Hey everyone! Just wanting to let you know that the EAA (Elven Artist Association) has switched over themes for the new month. For the month of November we will be celebrating DARKNESS. In all of it's glory mystery and anything else you feel works with the theme!

We are continuing to use the same thread so we do have some 'fall art' visible as I don't feel the need to start a new thread for it quite yet. I do hope you'll join us even if it is to discuss art or poetry that gets posted there!

Black Númenórean

Hobbits, Big Folk, all and sundry! Farmer Maggot has inspected a patch of common ground in Hobbiton and pronounced it absolutely perfect for growing food, fruit and flowers of all sorts - and perhaps even mushrooms! But which will flourish best in such earth? Farmer Maggot has a huge collection of mushroom spores - and some other mysterious seeds and cuttings as well - but alas, he’s not very organised and he can’t be sure which is which. Time for us good hobbits (and other folk) to get out there and experiment.

Come help Farmer Maggot plant his mystery crop (and crops of your own), and see who will have the most productive growing season! There will be special prizes along the way, a tasting session to see whose crop is most delicious, and prizes for the largest veg! Watch out for weather and other events- you never know what might happen. All are welcome, though minions should be at least semi-plausibly disguised and behave themselves!

MARVELOUS MUSHROOM GROWING CONTEST!!

Khazad Elder
Greetings gentle Elves! We are updating the Master List in Global Announcements. Can someone please post the active threads Imladris wishes to see in the list at this time. You can post them here -> Global Member Announcements: What's Going on Around the Plaza

Please do not bother posting these threads:
Picture Threads
Post Offices
Announcement Threads
Character Submissions

Thanks!
The world was fair in Durin's Day

Wainrider
Hey all! I want to create an Elf charecter but I don't know where to start. The charecter biographies you all have made are so awesome, and I don't know much about elf history, or history of Arda.

Can someone help me please?

High Lord of Imladris
@Fenrir Welcome to Imladris! And I am not as 'set in stone' as Tharmaras for my in terms of writing everything down but I have a pretty solid background to all of my characters that I have. So if you want I can help you either on here or on Discord as I know enough about elf history and arda history to make sure you have a fun character

Wainrider
@Fuin Elda Thanks!
I was thinking of an Eldar elf, that'll be interesting to make with a detailed history. But maybe this won't be realistic as most left Middle-earth by the 3rd age or earlier.
The Avari or Dark Elves- again, might not be realistic because in 3rd age, none were seen west of the grey mountains. But an exception can be very interesting.
One branch of the Eldar elves, the Teleri seems ok, as not all of them left for Aman.
Other than that, any other branch is fine! :)

New Soul
Thanks for saying you've enjoyed reading the intricate biographies like @Annúnfalas and I enjoy writing, @Fenrir .

There's plenty of Eldar left in Middle-earth in the Third Age although many are leaving for Aman. I have a lot of Exile characters. If you need quotes for reference or any help building an Elf of any tribe I'm also standing by to assist.
Last edited by Eriol on Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

High Lord of Imladris
I think between Tharmaras and I we have an entire host of elves from the eldar years still in middle Earth I've even got one that was reborn so between the two of us we can probably get you well taken care of I've got massively detailed histories I just don't write them down in stone so that if I want to change or need to change I can. I think Tharm has more of my elves histories in his character bios than I have in some of mine lol

Black Númenórean

It's that time again: Lava Snake Racing!! Bring your slitheriest serpents and climb the Winding Stair to the starting line at Cirith Ungol. Who will beat both snakes and hungry spiders to claim the title this time?!
All are welcome!

Lava Snake Racing II - Cirith Ungol

Wainrider
Thanks @Fuin Elda, @Annúnfalas, @Tharmáras

The main charecter I have in mind is an adolescent elf boy. He's always roaming around Rivendell and interested in the Army since childhood, but slso in Adab Nestad. Age: 13

His father can be an Eldar elf himself, which makes the boy a decendent of that branch. Age: (human equivalent of 30). What can his age be in elf years? He was born in the Second Age and fought in the Battle of the Last Alliance.

There can be a backstory about their Ancestors being made by Eru or Valar. The date there wont be much of a problem. Let's say they sailed back to Aman at the end of the Third Age, but their descendants live on in Rivendell.

A second charecter I have in mind is a Eldar Moriquendi elf man around 30 age equivalent. For him I can have lots of adventures! Since his ancestors settled east of the Misty Mountains (?).

New Soul
Since he's the equivalent of a thirty-year old human then he would be younger than fifty years old. Tolkien says in Morgoth's Ring, one of the Histories of Middle-earth, that Elves reached adulthood with their they're half a century old (think 18 years in human reckoning when an Elf is 50) but fully matured at one hundred (think 21 years in human reckoning when an Elf is 100). Considering this, your main character would have been born in the Third Age, not the Second however, there's the issue of his parents' origin. Since you want the parents to be Begotten Elves (the Created Elves who had no parents made by Eru...not the Valar because they don't have the Secret Fire, the ability to create sentient life. Aulë made the Dwarves but they have no souls) of the Tatyar or Nelyar tribe (I have a couple of the latter) since the Minyar and Vanyar remained in Aman (though their fair-haired mixed descendants came to Middle-earth), then they would have had your adolescent character in the First Age during the time of bliss because Tolkien says in Morgoth's Ring that Elves produce children during peaceful eras.

Eldar Moriquendi.... you mean to say that the second character has both High Elf and Dark Elf parents? That could work. Seems like the father or mother came from Aman and married an Elf who never saw the Light of the Trees. So probably a Lórien character since you said east of the Misty Mountains.

High Lord of Imladris
Okay so my first thought would be the child would probably be around 25 years old (that would be a very solid 13 ish year old in elf ages) They tend to be swift of mind growing up but slow of body. And Abad Nestad and the Army would be okay I know Fuin would certainly take on a child like that at least at the Abad Nestad to at least do basic tasks - she'd probably keep him from having to deal with anything terribly horrific becuase they aren't an adult yet.

I know that you stated his father would be the equivilant of human 30 perhaps in appearance? That would probably make sense with the Second age and the fighting in the Last Alliance Where @Tharmáras is saying you can't have their ancestors being made by Eru I'm guessing you are more meaning the fathers parents rather than the 13 year old childs parents I think it's just him getting confused or I am one or the other? Though he is totally write about the Valar.

So from my understanding your Main character is 13 ish (in human years) his father was born in the second age and was old enough to fight in the Last alliance, and your main characters grandparents were elves that were Begotten (no parents woke up full grown etc)

Your second character are you meaning along the lines of say a Begotten elf that never saw the trees (similar to my main characters parents) They are eldar Morquendi in that they never saw the light of the trees but weren't born they awoke?

@Fenrir - as you can see what you're requesting does have a few different options for how it can be interperated so feel free to chose which ever one meets what you are meaning the best... I know it won't hurt either of our feelings and will get you the character that you want built as close as it can be to what you want and still very much in line with the Middle-earth histories.

Wainrider
Thanks guys! Started making a charecter. Actually I started with the 2nd one as I can have more adventures with it. Also, Its not impossible for him to be a teenage equivalent, and maybe an Eldar Moriquendi. I'll see what I can do.

@Fuin Elda @Tharmáras
@Annúnfalas