Imladris Activities General OOC Thread

The fair valley of Rivendell, upon whose house the stars of heaven most brightly shone.
New Soul
I've been pretty upset this weekend, especially yesterday, so I needed to blow off some steam and vent through cute little Rondo @Nessa Saelind . I'm most likely to abuse "fleeging" as an adjective expletive as well as "fleeg" as a disparaging noun and vulgar verb in honor of @The King in Yellow often in the days to come. Mostly used by Rondo, Beren, Aigronding, Hatholdir, Ann, Elmarya, and even Galdor of the Tree. I'm glad it made you laugh, makes me feel a little better.
"Eriol... 'One who dreams alone.' ” - Tolkien, The Book of Lost Tales I

Balrog
I (and Fleeg) will happily oblige this, in return though, you must cast your vote for MotM forthwith and get everyone else in Imladris to vote as well :lol:
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

New Soul
I sent in my nomination for Member of the Month just a few moments ago! Not sure how to get everyone else in Imladris aboard since there's only a few of us RP'ing here in the forum who bear the kingdom flower and most of them I don't talk to much unfortunately.

New Soul
Tharmáras wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:18 pm Mostly used by Rondo, Beren, Aigronding, Hatholdir, Ann, Elmarya, and even Galdor of the Tree.
Basically everyone is having a bad day and are taking it out on Fleeg :lol: Delightful. ^_^
She/her.
Solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant

New Soul
Essentially. Good times. :rofl:

Balrog
just don't say his name too many times, you might end up summoning him :mwahaha:
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

New Soul
The King in Yellow wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:43 am just don't say his name too many times, you might end up summoning him :mwahaha:
Actually *thinking face* I would be down with writing that. A cautionary tale told to elven children by a wise old grandmother who once summoned a Fleeg :lol: by accident of course, and all hell broke loose :lol:
She/her.

New Soul
Fleeg is basically Candlejack from that Freakazoid cartoon from the 90s. 🤣

New Soul
Y'all stay in the water for at least a couple more posts, @Moriel , in the Cruise...for it was my attention to have someone take a splash also though unexpectedly...and it shall be a matter of life and death 😰...Tavari's birthday will be quite memorable, my dear sister 🤣.

High Lord of Imladris

^Clicky^

Come join the second race of the IK racing season in Lothlorien, held in Imladris!

New Soul

*Dances in throwing glitter around, merrily drapes the banner from the highest point for all to see. Throws glitter on it too so it sparkles too. :grin: *

The Triumvirate proudly presents The Return of the ARPYS
(click on the image to mossy over to the thread, go forth, read and nominate :smooch: )
She/her.

High Lord of Imladris

^Clicky^

The third race of the inaugural season is underway with the Rats of Isengard held in Fangorn! Come race or spectate and have fun. The Salted Pork is particularly good

Guardian of Imladris
Hello everyone, I hope you are fine. I'm sorry for my absence the past months, I just went through a super extreme exam phase :brickwall:
However, I'm definitely back now, but I've got two questions:

1. Are the rules about rp as a canon character still the same (meaning, am I able to post as Legolas or other LotR characters if the specific rp thread doesn't forbid it)?

2. Why is the Lindon Masquerade closed, now I didn't get the chance to let Legolas talk to Arwen :cry: :confused:
"Mae govannen mellon nin."

High Lord of Imladris
1. Yes the rules are still the same.

2. Because threads do have an end date and Annu ended it. Don't worry there are more Masquerades planned so you'll get to talk to Arwen again eventually at a ball!

New Soul
Yes, what Fuin said, @Legolas ! I'll update all the OPs of my activities/threads currently so it's known which canons I'm playing. I'll see you in the Last Homely House! I'm returning to Imladris updates this week; I've been getting some of my Mortal NPCs grounded in the Gondor Forum recently.

Thanks for the new day cue at Osdolen, @Moriel ! I have thought of what to do with that for months, slowly coming to grips with our few Ranger numbers on New Plaza. Now I'll begin a new Osdolen arc there I've had in planning. Cassie and I will see you in Paths soon! 😘

Guardian of Imladris
@Fuin Elda and @Tharmáras thanks for your replies :smile:

@Tharmáras I posted in the last homely house thread a while ago and just edited it again (I kind of misunderstood something ^^). Basically Legolas is in need of a room, so would you want me to make another post and have him approach Erestor or do you want to make Erestor approach Legolas?

New Soul
I'll have Erestor in my next post there! I'll reread your old one, too. Anytime, I'musuallyquick with answers 😎.

Guardian of Imladris
Hey, @Annúnfalas Firstly, yeah, I would definitely like to post in the Rivendell Masquerade RP as Legolas and sure! Let's have Arwen and Legolas conversate and perhaps even feast with Elrond in his hall :smile: . We could then perhaps also integrate the topic of Isildur's heir into the conversation at the table, before we have Arwen and Legolas take off and talk on in private.

Secondly, a real conversation 'never happened' at the ball but we can definitely act like it did and have them visit the local seafront shops and speak with the locals as an after-interaction. That's actually a really nice idea too :smile: .

Furthermore, I came accross this comment on https://www.quora.com/What-was-the-rela ... nd-Legolas, which I thought is a quite interesting point concerning the relationship between Arwen and Legolas:
As others point out, there is probably no relationship (between Legolas and Arwen) at all until after the fall of Sauron and the restoration of the kingship in Gondor. Arwen probably got to know Legolas as her husband’s friend and as the leader of the Elven colony in Ithilien. As Mary Tower points out, it is possible that they are distantly related, but it’s nowhere stated.

It seems to me unlikely that they were acquainted prior to the events of LotR. Legolas is clearly not a great traveler. He has never visited Lothlorien, at least not since the mallorns were planted, so he couldn’t have met Arwen during one of her visits there. There’s no indication that he has spent much time visiting Rivendell either. Dialogue in RotK, “The Passing of the Grey Company” suggests that he had never met Elladan and Elrohir (despite the popular fan-fiction notion that Legolas and the twins are buddies.) The fan-fiction notion that Legolas and Arwen had a “thing” is entirely unsupported.
Since the Plaza-RP is basically fan fiction, I actually thought about the possibility to have them meet in Lothlorien or Mirkwood in the furture. Basically I'm just wondering about how canon orriented I can stay concerning the RP with Legolas - for example in relation to him not being a great traveler in canon.

New Soul
I've given @Annúnfalas permission to play Arwen in all my Imladris threads because she's amazing with her and for continuity's sake :smooch: . I'm borrowing Arwen for Gondor forum because my NPC Airien is her handmaiden (or lady-in-waiting there) but I'll have Airien interact with Annúnfalas's take on Arwen for continuity between both forums :grin: .

I cannot afford to miss the opportunitiy of having Aragorn present because Arwen is in LHH now and @Legolas as well. Aragorn travels frequently we know. How about he already knows Legolas but he's an aquaitance by this point?

Guardian of Imladris
More than fine by me :D

New Soul
Before I go back to burying my head in my current reading material I suppose the right and honourable thing would be to keep my word :nod:

@Annúnfalas if the position for Lord Círdan's court physician (or apprentice to said physician, we're humble humans here :winkkiss: ) is still open I'd like to formally apply for that position with my NPC Aléxandros al-Samarkandi. (who is currently trying very hard to reach the stone quay in Forlond but his author got stuck in Pelargir because things happened...). I don't know if he/I/we make it in time for the cruise, I don't want to promise things I don't know if I can fulfil or hold the thing up, but he'll reach Lindon eventually. Apparently, after many detours :lol:

Oh and if I may, a side question: is it possible to use location banners created for the Ages of Arda outside Ages of Arda?

Thanks in advance for everything :smooch: now I'm going to go bury my head in the book and hopefully finish it tonight. That would be really lovely. ^_^
She/her.

Black Númenórean
@Annúnfalas @Nessa Saelind Some of the location banners were made by @Yávië- let's check with her as well before giving a blanket yes on all location banners :grin: :wink:
Evil is a lifestyle | she/her

New Soul
@Annúnfalas - Thank you! *hugs* I'm really looking forward to RP-ing here with all you amazing folks and seeing what stories can we weave together *hug*

@Moriel - regarding the banners I was just interested in borrowing one (ok maybe more than one, depending on how things fall :lol: ) of them from the post that I linked. I know others made more banners and, of course, I would ask if I wanted to use them. :nod: Just a bit of clarification from my side if I was erm not clear :confused: :lol: It was late, I'm sorry. :embarrassed:
She/her.

New Soul
Attention to all: I'll take a look around Imladris and Gondor starting tonight and see what posts I need to put back in from March onward. I'm putting my Ost-Halatir update this evening after work @Fuin Elda , it's one of the posts I saved on WordPad on my laptop. I'll put back in my Valley post at Linyamaril as well, @Fane Mordagnir , tonight. I'll begin looking at what's on the Google Drive, too.

High Lord of Imladris
Honestly I can admit I have almost no posts from Imladris saved so post when and whatever you can Tharmaras

I remember 90% of the ones lost? I do have 1 post from Tingdain saved (a response to @Ercassie ) where I'm switching you from doing bracers to the scabbard but otherwise everything else is gone from Tingdain for me.

This is what I get for writing fast enough I don't need to do it in another program OTHER than plaza lol

Chief Counsellor of Gondor
@Fuin Elda, I have the first half of my total posts for Tingdain saved, by pure luck. So I have as far as up to where Erfaron responded to being accused of murdering his new mentor ! I appreciate that is only two posts more than were restored anyway for me, and as things currently sit in the thread Fuin hasn't even gotten to the point where she passes out from her hard labours yet. So if you want to recreate that, I can bring back my posts of coming to find you after. If you'd rather I have the Mole return before the little swooning incident/all outcry ensued, then we can take it up fresh from where it currently is ? I don't mind either way. :winkkiss:
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost
The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not touched by the frost.

High Lord of Imladris
@Ercassie you can begin posting as you like, I am not sure how many of his posts @Tharmáras has saved... I can tell you that I do NOT have any of mine saved, so I will be recreating mine from scratch for the Tingdain. So if you ware wanting it to be done tonight start wise I'm afraid we will have to pretend I've made that post already and I'll flash back it in the response to you.

If it can wait (since really Aig's post is also needed) I'll try to have it up in a day or so.

New Soul
@Ercassie and @Fuin Elda , I have quite a number of posts saved since March because around that time I got into the habit of saving content on Wordpad. It seems that I have a document called 'Tingdain1' and I've opened that on my laptop; it's the post where Aig finds Fuin fainted and Thar accuses Erfaron of murder. That one I could post for y'all after Fuin writes Fuin forging Aewruca's sword and collapsing? I have a feeling that I had a post before this though but I can't find it yet. I'm working on looking over the Halatir update that ends with Caselda speaking to Afarfin about the lamp currently.

High Lord of Imladris
Ahhh no you didn't have one before that in Tingdain, I need to do the sword post then that way you guys can start getting those posts up. LIke I said it'll be a few days I have to rewrite from scratch (I remember most of it)

New Soul
Okay, Fuin, take your time! I'm sure it'll be as fabulous as before! 🤗🙌🥳

I'm heading to bed soon because of work but I've begin looking over the Calselda Halatir update for editing. So that will be the next oldie I post.

@Fuin Elda and @Tharmáras, I shall wait all polite-like then. After how long it took me to post back in Tingdain before, I can hardly tell you to rush, now can I ? Honestly, I am fine with you taking what time you need. I have at least my next two posts ready. Then I'll have to re-do the ones from there anew, just like you. :winkkiss:

@Rillewen, your new shiny Lond Daer thread is a wonderful idea. I have moved my first post for our little adventure over there accordingly. :clap: :grin:
The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not touched by the frost.

High Lord of Imladris
@Rillewen and @Ercassie I like the idea of Lond Daer! If you ever want it to be at odds with Bar- en Raveara which I've written in as having it's own dock and ship yard in Gondors Arnor thread (which is populated by pirates) I'm happy to play an antagonist for anyone that wants in there.

@Revered Grandmother, first of all. That name is fantastic. :headbang: Nice work.

Secondly, the adventure at Lond Daer currently has a mix of pirates (well, Corsairs) and rangers and elves so your little family would have to pick a side if you get involved. :tongue:

High Lord of Imladris
@Ercassie I mean they live by the code of take what you can give nothing back.... So like.... they'd probably double cross everyone all the way to the finish line lol

(And yes I am sure that Nessa is very pleased with it as well. It stays until 3K unless I get more bored)

New Soul
*insert banner here*

Ever wondered what would you ask of Lady Galadriel if you had the chance? Of course you did :grin: , and now you have a chance! Come one, come all to The Gifts Of Galadrihell [å new game!] run by the Magnificent Lady Galadri(h)ell.
She/her.

The Spruce's have moved from Bree to Archet @Rillewen. As arranged. :wink:

High Lord of Imladris

^Clicky^

Welcome to the 8th and second last race of the Inaugural season of IK racing! We currently have race 7.1 finishing up in Gondor but to keep things on track we're starting up race 8!

This is your second last chance to qualify for the Champions race that will be held in November!

High Lord of Imladris
@Ercassie and @Tharmáras I've gotten my post back up for the Tingdain as I said it's a rewrite, so it won't be perfectly the same but I think I got it close enough that it will work if you have your own posts saved. The end result is the same the sword is done and pristine and Fuin is unconcious by the work bench.

May the accusations begin.

New Soul
Moriel wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:14 am @Aigronding Mordagnir Hill Watch ranks for you!

Chief

Deputy

Marshal

Commander

Inspector

Sergeant

Constable

I was searching for some Imladris thread in the cache, among them @Tharmáras Hill watch tread and I found this post so I'm quoting it in case you want to add these icons to the thread again, Thar. :nod: I don't know if you have everything saved for that OP or not, but I'll see what I can find.

@Revered Grandmother I'm still trying to find a cache of Tingdain. I know you said you tried and couldn't find it, but I'll see if I can macgyver something from the ole Tribute thread.

She/her.

High Lord of Imladris
@Nessa Saelind if you can find it fantastic but honestly the number of searches I did to try to get it to pop up was ridiculous.

Revered Grandmother wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:35 am @Ercassie and @Tharmáras I've gotten my post back up for the Tingdain as I said it's a rewrite, so it won't be perfectly the same but I think I got it close enough that it will work if you have your own posts saved. The end result is the same the sword is done and pristine and Fuin is unconcious by the work bench.

May the accusations begin.
I have just put my first of two saved posts up for Tingdain. I realise that although it reads as though @Tharmáras's characters are already there, this was in fact what was agreed between us offsite, because he had told me what Erfaron would find there on his return; ie Aig and Tharmaras already standing aghast at having found the Mastersmith on the floor. :wink:

High Lord of Imladris
@Ercassie that's fine! Now we just need to wait for @Tharmáras to post what he has so we can continue. @Fane Mordagnir do you know if you have the posts you did make in the Tingdain? If you've got them then @Nessa Saelind can worry about other things other than the Tingdain as the biggest hump for me was getting that sword reposted as it will only be my own posts missing if everyone else has theirs.

Balrog
Looks like we're caught up in the Bar-Bearian, time to start making shire up again!

Black Númenórean
@Baphởmet - I have two more posts saved for the pub! They weren’t saved in the cache though :(
she/her | Esta tierra no es mía, soy de la nocheósfera.

Balrog
Then I shall blend previously ill-remembered posts with new random stuff to keep the chaos level at a solid 8

Black Númenórean
Yesss, bring on the chAoS!
she/her | Esta tierra no es mía, soy de la nocheósfera.

Balrog

Did someone say cHaOs?!

New Soul
I'll be there either Monday or Tuesday on my days off, @Ercassie @Revered Grandmother . I'm finishing editing the Hath repost in Halatir then I'll repost edited Tingdain before completing the edited Halatir Calselda update. Hopefully I can finish all the reposts needed soon before returning to AoA for y'all and the others.⚘

Thank you, @Nessa Saelind 🤗 ! It's nice to have the old Constabulary emblems returned. The ones I found had all Photobucket watermarks. I'll insert these in the Archives post and will post its been updated inside that thread when I'm ready to repost the Hill Watch, I have the OP and IC saved.

High Lord of Imladris
@Tharmáras we can expect a Tingdain post either Monday or Tuesday so we can work on getting back to where we were at? Because that would be fantastic since you've got it and Halatir written at least so it's just the editing you need to do.

New Soul
Yeah, Tingdain Monday or Tuesday, so the show there can go on 😉🎁⚘.