Everybody Scream!! [ALL]

Important messages from and for the administrators.
Black Númenórean
!!Welcome To Halloween!!

As is tradition, the plaza has been transformed to celebrate this spookiest of occasions, for a month of fun and frivolity!
For Nu Plaza's second annual Halloween festivities, we are sticking with last year's style!

TRICK
Your kingdoms have been transmogrified into surprise themes, based on your votes!
In order to switch to these ranks, you need to go to 'Change Kingdom' and select your chosen theme! These themes are available in the list below the normal kingdoms. To see all the Halloween decorations, you need to OPT IN to the Halloween style in your User Control Panel! See the bottom of this post for details

Imladris

STAR TREK

Khazad-dûm

DRAGONS

Gondor

BOOK COVERS

Rohan

CHRISTOPHER LEE VILLAINS

The Shire

ADORABLE CATS

Fangorn

RACCOONS

Mordor

BEARS

TREAT
Just like last year, you may move freely between kingdoms as much as you want, and you may move freely between ranks!
There are no point thresholds assigned to Halloween ranks!
If you can't see the ranks, you may need to clear your cookies or/and cache

Member of the Month voting will go ahead mid-October as normal, but instead of being awarded shortly after, MotM and ATR recipients will wear their icons beginning November 1 through December.

Current ATR Holders, we have removed your special ranks so you can jump right into the Halloween fun if you want, but if you would like yours back please comment below and let us know! If you opt in to Halloween fun, we will re-award your ATR for the first 15 days of November so you get to enjoy the full duration of shininess.

MORE FUN STUFF
In addition to general celebrations, feel free to use this thread for chatting, planning and coordinating activities and games based around the Halloween themes. As always, there is no need to ask anyone's permission to create a new activity- just get in there and have fun!!

Happy Halloween from The Admins:

???

Narv

The Seventh Deadly Sin
Nessa

Pusheen + Bo
Lail

Judgmental Loki
Moriel

Marceline
Tara

HOW TO OPT IN
We have created a Halloween Style for the plaza, which you can opt into by going to the User Control Panel -> Board Preferences Tab -> My Board Style option as shown below, and selecting 'halloween-2021'. If you'd rather not, no action is required!

but wait!

THE BIGGEST TRICK OF ALL...

That's right, there's more! Not only do you get to celebrate Halloween by changing your faces, you may now freely change your names without asking an admin! And it isn't just for Halloween- this feature will be available long after spooky season has gone! So go wild, name changers, engage in a glorious bonanza of fluid identity!

Just remember, names are limited to 3-20 characters and must abide by Plaza rules :grin:

(how to change your name)
Evil is a lifestyle | she/her

Orc Chieftain
Meow! I'm a cat! I stuck with my rank since this particular kitty resembles a cat I had named Aladdin (after the Disney character) that I had to give up because the place I was living at the time changed the rules on me. If only I would have found my current place at the time I could have kept him. My next furballs will be named Vesuvio (after Mount Vesuvius) and Rexy (after the original T-rex in Jurassic Park/World), respectfully (though it might be a while before I acquire them, since Mom doesn't think my apartment is clean enough). :smile:
He who commands the Ruling Ring... commands all

Balrog
BBBBBEEEEEAAAAARRRRRSSSSS!!!!!
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

High Lord of Imladris
Nice loving the name change bit!

Arien
Arien
meow
cave anserem

Master Torturer
Thank you everyone who put together Plaza Halloween this year and especially whoever's adorable kitty Oreo is. :grin:

It's great to see the name change feature as well!
Loremistress Emerita | she/her

New Soul
Thanks! I shall trade in my candle, at least for a little while ...
She/her. Almarëa - Rivendell / Jaena - Lone Lands (T.A.) and Gondor (F.A.) / Layna - Mordor

Balrog
you look beary cool @Almarëa Mordollwen!

Yeah, the bear puns are in full effect
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

High Warden of Tower
Oiiii! Too many choices! :lol: Might as well change faces every day.

Khazad Elder
Ah, a dragon shall be visiting in the Shire! Very cool!

Thank you all for your time and effort in getting this wonderful Halloween 2021 set up. :smooch: Looks great!
The world was fair in Durin's Day

New Soul
All looks amazing, I'll definitely be hopping on the new face everyday bandwagon :mwahaha:

Thanks to everyone who put Plazoween together
:smooch:

New Soul
Ah no, I opt out. *huggles candle* Changes aren't good. :googly: Oh no.... :mwahaha:
Just call me Aiks or Aikári. Notify is off.
Find me stuff in Gondolin.
And let us embark to Valinor!

Balrog
Well that's the most predictable thing ever

Chief Counsellor of Gondor
Thank you very much to the admins who have tried to please everyone, regardless of whether we choose to switch things around, or are not so fond of change. Much appreciated. :thumbs:
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost
The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not touched by the frost.

New Soul
love it, guys! thanks so much for all the great work!

Khazad Elder
Am I a dragon yet? I have changed my board style to Halloween 2021, submitted. Yet I am still an axe. Or am I? Help! 🤓

Balrog
@Cold Drake use the change kingdom tool on the left side of the page, you ought to find all the new "kingdoms" and ranks over there

Khazad Elder
PrestO! Thanks, @Laird Bear-on :smooch:

Ent Ancient
Mrrrrrow!! tweet tweet!

Everyone is looking superbly splendiferous whether or not you have chosen to participate!

@I hate Eärendil, omg that cracked me up!

Chef
lookin sharp yall

New Soul
I'm really happy that people who have chosen to participate in the Plaza Halloween are enjoying this year's Plazaween Kingdoms, icons and ranks. :smooch: I'm excited to see your wardrobe and name changes for this month. :smooch: :rainbowheart: It might be a challenge to keep up (I feel like I'm watching multiple D&G shows simultaneously :lol: ) but I love the creativity you showed and keep showing with name changes and icons. :smooch: I hope you will continue to have fun and enjoy and dazzle us with your choices.

And for those of you who don't want to participate in the Plazaween shenanigans, that's totally fine. Keep doing what you're doing and enjoy. :nod:

There's plenty of content for everyone here :nod: we can all have fun and enjoy our choices. Now I'm off to be one with my rank. :lol:
She/her.
Solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant

Elven Enchanter
Ok, I'm finally having fun with the name changes. Twice in three days after not changing it since of May of 2020 is a lot. :D

New Soul
Let's see what kind of dragon I am.
The Dwarf formerly known as Mahal.

Wainrider
Testing, testing

Wainrider
whoa...

New Soul
Hello everyone!

For those of you who decided to participate in this year's NuPlaza Halloween, I hope you liked the icons and enjoyed the spooky season on the NuPlaza. :smooch: This is just a reminder that the Halloween icons will be going down by November 1st (not sure about the timing yet, it all depends on RL obligations/schedule of our IT Wonder Woman @Marceline ).

So if you're still wearing a Halloween icon by the time Tara makes the changes to remove the icons, you'll be automatically set to a New Soul rank. But fear not little pumpkins :grin: changing back to your desired Kingdom/Rank is free and super easy. And if you want you can make the change now and be on your merry way. Cheers! :grin:
She/her.
Solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant

High Warden of Tower
Come to think of it... I haven't been a candle since I was a noob. Might be worth wearing it for a few hours, mayhaps. :lol:

Orc Chieftain
Thank you for making me a cat (well, technically, I chose it, but thank you for all the animal icons this year)! This was the first year I kept the same Halloween icon the entire time (last year I was three different characters; Louise, Princess Leia and Dread Pirate, and managed to role play as all of them). Maybe next year, I'll suggest a Disney villains TV show theme (like the various shows on The Disney Afternoon back in the late '80's/early 90's), since I don't think we've ever done that (the movies, yes, but I'm not sure about TV series). :wink:
He who commands the Ruling Ring... commands all

Black Númenórean
Halloween decor has now officially come down - if you were still wearing a Halloween icon when we made the change, you've been set to a New Soul rank. As @Nessa Saelind mentioned above, you can easily switch back to your preferred kingdom/rank as usual. Name changes will, as promised, remain free and available for all to manage themselves in the UCP!

Let us know in Bug Reports if you see anything out of order now that we've taken the decorations down!
she/her | Esta tierra no es mía, soy de la nocheósfera.

High Warden of Tower
*runs around screaming - as suggested by the thread title - and sets all available curtains ablaze being a very naughty candle* :lol:

But on a more serious note - thanks for the fun icons, name switching option and all related goods!

New Soul
thank you, guys! loved it muchly.....but now, onwards

Arien
Arien
Thank you, thank you! I note that @Narv is still a raccoon in a flaming eye costume, but this seems entirely appropriate and I beg you to never change it
cave anserem