The Dumpster Dive [Halloween Game]

For Fangorn is old, old even as the Elves would reckon it.
Arien
Arien

The Dumpster Dive

For reasons I wouldn’t care to speculate on, you, a raccoon or whoever else, have stumbled upon a vast and reeking dumpster! Who knows what treasures may lurk within?! Some may have value, some may not. I invite you to plunge into the noisome depths and see what you can retrieve….

HOW THIS WORKS

- RP picking a square! I will tell you what you have discovered.
- You may choose to KEEP the item, GIVE IT to someone else, or THROW IT BACK IN
- I will not tell you how many points are assigned to each item until after you’ve decided! Some may have minus points!
- Let’s see who has the most “treasure” by the end!
-
RULES
- RP a little bit. Post your square choice at the bottom in bold and what you’re doing with your item.
- Don’t godmode anyone. That’s my job
- Don’t take someone’s character. First come first served. All canon and non canon welcome.
cave anserem

Khazad Elder
The stinky dumpster was a new thing that Cold Drake had never seen before. None of her heads had seen one before either. Alas, like most creatures, she was drawn towards human garbage. Not usually influenced being as she was a supremely strong and powerful 5-headed draconic goddess, Cold Drake nevertheless had her weak points. Most of her heads did too. Although white and blue were a bit clueless. She flew to crouch on the lip of the dumpster and looked in.

9E, please

Ent Ancient
Oh no, oh my, oh dearie me!! A little blue parakeet is lost in the woods!

and what is that giant lizard-thing (Cold Drake)? Maybe...a new friend!? Come to think of it, Bo doesn't have any scaled friends and one never knows where a new friend (or maybeeee even a soulmate, her ever-elusive dream!!) might be found!

Oh oh and what is this green treasure chest? What shiny things are waiting to be found? Maybe some new decorations once she finds her way back home to BFFs Pusheen and Stormy.

H12 please

High Lord of Imladris
The Three Brothers.

There were times that syncronized dumpster diving should be an Olympic sport. Now was one of those times. Did it matter that there was some sort of tiny dragon on the lip of the dumpster looking in at it? NOPE. Did it matter there was a bird? Possibly, Reginald eyed the bird sideways having a very gruesome way of dealing with birds that tended to end in him having a full belly thought this was a rather small bird.

With a grace full leap and a spin mid air coming out of a forward tuck Hob, Bob and Reginald the Third all dove in to take a swim in the filth and garbage that they thought were treasures in the bin.

E1 please

Arien
Arien
UPDATE THE FIRST

@Cold Drake at E9, you find some cardboard!

@Lailsheenbo At H12, you find… uh, fire. The dumpster is on fire.

@Raisins At E1 you find a clammy old dishrag!

You may now KEEP, GIFT or THROW BACK your items along with picking a new square! If you gift to someone, tag them.

Newcomers welcome!

Squares picked: E1, E9, H12
cave anserem

High Lord of Imladris
Three Brothers

Did they find a clammy old dishrag or an under loved bubushka? Reginald the third was certainn it was an under loved bubushka and quickly tied it on his head under his chin with his wee little little paws and looked at his brothers Hob and Bob who were absolutely not amused by his antics and rolled their eyes at him as they continued to wade through the garbage to look and see if they could find some tasty food or something. Maybe some hotdogs. That would be nice.

They are KEEPING the item and searching E2

Arien
Arien
Update the Second

@I Said What I Said keeps the clammy dishrag! Squirrelling, or raccooning away your treasure in a fashionable way, the notorious trio carry on searching nearby when Babushka Reginald ferrets (raccoons) out A MYSTERIOUS RING at E2. Cursed or not? You decide! Keep, gift or Chuck??

@Cold Drake @Lailsheenbo

NEWCOMERS WELCOME

SQUARES SEARCHED: E1, E2, E9, H12
cave anserem

Ent Ancient
Flames!! Ooo they could be used for melting chocolate and roasting marshmallows! And keeping the feathers warm and lots of other nice things. Bo has a particular fondness for hot cocoa and she flutters away hoping to find some to sip now. It is the perfect drink for a cozying up in front of a fire with a fuzzy blanket and someone to cuddle and preen. Oh but who will she cuddle here? Bo begins to miss her furry friends a little...

Throw back, searches D9 for treats we hope!

High Lord of Imladris
Three Brothers

Yes he was looking absolutely fantastic indeed, He smoothed his fur about his new fantastic bubushka and then in proper babusya raccoon fashion got back to work looking for treasures in the trash.

He let out a happy squeak finding a very very shiny ring. and grabbed it chittering away happily looking at it's giant ruby that was glinting at him from it's golden setting. Was it cursed? Did it matter? No. It did not Reginald very very swiftly shoved his paw through it turning it into a bracelet for his forepaws wrist. He sat staring at hit for a while longer. 'Roast the bird over the fire. Turn the drake into Suckling Dragon with an apple'

Where did that thought come from? was it the Ring? Was it Reginald? One would never know. Both were things Reginald might think of there was a reason the Three brothers were looking at becoming Elder Gods of Horror. It wasn't because they were fluffy and cute.

Keep and search E3

Khazad Elder
Nose all chaffed and heads still feeling stuffed, Cold Drake looked at the cardboard in her claw. Not much meat on this paper product, but a good size to keep one's many noses from dripping. Rough, tissue, but then again, the heads were past caring. Looking into the dumpster once more, the dragon reached in for what she hoped would feed her.

Keeping the cardboard as emergency facial tissue.

H6, please.

Arien
Arien
Update the third

@Lailsheenbo Wisely, you leave the fire where it is and dive further into the dumpster for more goods. At D9 you discover an old diary with a few rips in it. Hmm… interesting

@I Said What I Said Reginald is certainly well decorated with both ring and rag. At E3 you encounter… A TRAP! IT IS RATS!!!! What do you do to get away from them???

@Cold Drake At H6 you find … uh… a thumb. Bit awkward.

If you have found an item, decide whether you are keeping, gifting or returning! If you are being assaulted by rats, uh do something about them I guess.

SQUARES SEARCHED: E1, E2, E3, D9, E9, H6, H12

ITEMS CURRENTLY HELD

Raccoons: dishrag, ring
Cold drake: cardboard, THUMB
Pusheen and Bo: DIARY

Newcomers welcome
cave anserem

High Lord of Imladris
'KILL THEM ALL' The ring commanded as the three brothers stumbled upon the rats. And Reginald was already of the mind that they'd make fantastic rat burgers and their little pelts would make a lovely rat black stole to wear with his babushka and his bracelet... ring. Thing. Bob and Hob, for once were with him not being a fan of rats especially while they were climbing and scrambling and biting all three of them.

It was with out a doubt an utter slaughter as the three brothers bit and scratched and at one point Bob punted one of the little pipsqueaks sending it soaring over the edge of the dumpster spinning through the air shrieking bend it like Beckham (when he was still a good football player and not playing for the US were footballers go to retire if they are of the male variety.) Sadly due to this and the number of bitten holes in the rat pelts Reginald did not have enough Rat fur that was in good shape to make a stole. This made him excruciatingly sad and Bob and Hob had to drag him along looking for more food in another portion of the dumpster

Searching E4

Khazad Elder
'A thumb,' said the Whitehead.
A thumb?' asked the Blackhead.
'A what?' questioned the Greenhead.
'A plum.' replied Bluehead.
'I love plums!' exclaimed the Redhead.
'No, no! A thumb!' cried the Whitehead.
'Who's thumb?' posed the Blackhead.
'What rum?' demanded the Greenhead.
'Only a crumb ?' enquired the Bluehead.
'Um?' stuttered the Redhead.
'No, no! A thumb! A thumb!' yelled White.
'Oh, come, come!' said Black with fear.
'This talk is pretty humdrum,' replied Green with a jeer.
'Chewy gum?' called out Blue.
'I want gum! I want some too!' tittered Red, who nodded her head, which made all the heads shake, and the thumb fell and was lost once more in the dumpster's waste.

Not keeping the thumb.

H3, please.

Arien
Arien
Update the Fourth

@I Said What I Said
Alas, near to rats you find… more rats.

At E4 you disturb the rats’ next door neighbours (also rats) who, furious at being disturbed, leap out at you and start pulling your fur and whiskers and being generally rude and bitey. What do you do to get rid of this lot?

@Cold Drake
You discard the useless thumb and search on at H3. There you find a half eaten pack of biscuits. Worth keeping, or too stale for your taste? Keep, gift or discard!

SQUARES SEARCHED: E1, E2, E3, E4, D9, E9, H3, H6, H12

ITEMS CURRENTLY HELD

Raccoons: dishrag, ring, 2 rat attacks
Cold drake: cardboard, 1/2 PACK BISCUITS
Pusheen and Bo: DIARY

Newcomers welcome

@Lailsheenbo
cave anserem

Ent Ancient
Oooo a diary!! It must be full of secrets, dreams and heartfelt wishes! Bo is tempted to read it but tucks it aside and wonders if she can get some help from her friends to find the owner/author who must be missing it terribly (though she does not wonder why it is in a dumpster or how it got there in the first place)!

But--

She will have to read it to identify the owner. Will it hurt to take a peep? Or a peek?

Using her beak to flick the cover open, she squints her eyes and only partially looks. That doesn't really count, right?

This diary is the property of:

The page is torn and the mystery continues.

Feeling like a naughty parakeet, Bo, flips the cover shut again, puts it somewhere safe-keeping and dives back to see what other treasures are hidden in the big green chest!

Keep diary, search B3

High Lord of Imladris
"OH THAT ONE IS BIG ENOUGH TO BE A HAND MUFF!" Cried the ring/bracelet into Reginalds head as they were accosted by yet another set of rats. And indeed the Ring was right the one rat was big enough it could be a fairly nice hand muff for Reginald if he managed to kill it without actually poking too many holes in it... Maybe if he bit off it's head. Of course these rats having seen the violence imparted upon their family one square over were far more dangerous and fought far harder.

Hob and Bob and Reginald all had to fight tooth and claw as the little pesky vermin one of them even pulled on Reginalds dishrag bubushka... Which is when the want for a hand muff and stole went right out the window because nobody touches the bubushka. NOBODY. That particular rat let out one final squeak as it realized it's mistake and was sent to meet it's maker... And was promptly sent to Rat Hell where it was chased by a rat terrier for the rest of eternity for touching the bubushka. The other rats seeing the primarl rage of Reginald paused and rethought their life choices and then attempted to flee.

Search E5

Arien
Arien
UPDATE THE FIFTH

@Lailsheenbo keeps the diary for later perusal - v mysterious - and jumps back in to retrieve… hmm; a milk jug lid. What to do with this?

@I Said What I Said valiantly fights off more rats who are trying to interfere with your fashion, the cheeky ratsards. You throw them off and pull out what they were all sitting on. It’s a wooden box. Keep, gift, or return to the rats (they could probably use a coffin?)

SQUARES SEARCHED:B3, E1, E2, E3, E4, E5, D9, E9, H3, H6, H12

ITEMS CURRENTLY HELD

Raccoons: dishrag, ring, 2 rat attacks, WOODEN BOX
Cold drake: cardboard, 1/2 PACK BISCUITS
Pusheen and Bo: diary, MILK JUG LID

Newcomers welcome

@Cold Drake
cave anserem

Khazad Elder
'Toenail duty again!' grumbled the Redhead. It seemed like every time there was fun to be had, she got stuck with some duty or other. And while she nibbled away at a particular difficult nail (attempting to get it shaped just right), the other heads were having fun rummaging through the dumpster full of treasure. 'I am a dragon!' she muttered stubbornly to herself. 'I like treasure too!'
Her protesting was all for not, though, for the other heads had found only a 1/2 pack biscuits, basically, a cracker each, if they were frugal. And then again, with ponies as scarce and well protected as they were now any morsel, even a biscuit was better than nothing.

Keep the cardboard, 1/2 PACK BISCUITS, please

H5

Ent Ancient
Oh oh! Bo knows what this is and it is NO GOOD!! The milk jug lid is one of Pusheen's few nemesises...nemeses...nemesi? Bo is uncertain of the correct plural. It is very very bad because Pusheen cannot open the milk jug to get the tasty treat inside for dipping her cookies in and it makes her sad. Bo doesn't like when her friends are sad.

Filled with wrath on behalf of her feline friend, Bo flings the milk jug lid far, far away, sending it flying over toward The Three Raccoons.

Giving the milk jug lid to the Three Raccoons (@I Said What I Said) and searching F6

Arien
Arien
UPDATE THE SIXTH

@Cold Drake at H5 you find an old belt! A bit ratty but perhaps you’ve some use for it?

@Lailsheenbo at F6 you find a used handkerchief! Hmm, this is gloopy.

Do you keep, gift or Chuck your items? (You only have to decide once for each item. I capitalise any item you must decide upon, the rest are settled.

SQUARES SEARCHED:B3, E1, E2, E3, E4, E5,F6, D9, E9, H3, H5, H6, H12

ITEMS CURRENTLY HELD

Raccoons: dishrag, ring, 2 rat attacks, milk jug lid, WOODEN BOX
Cold drake: cardboard, 1/2 pack biscuits, OLD BELT?
Pusheen and Bo: diary, USED HANKY?

@I Said What I Said

Newcomers welcome
M
cave anserem

High Lord of Imladris
And a partridge in the pear tree. Or something like that with all of the things that they had managed to collect so far, the three of them were looking at the most useful box that they had stumbled upon when *thunk* something did strike Hobs head.

Reginald was the first to spot what it was a milk jug lid, perfect for teasing cats with or was that the zippy thing that held the lid on? Reginald wasn't sure and it did mean that they now had something to put in the useful wooden box that they most certainly were keeping. Reginald motioned to Hob and Bob who clearly were not as good at dumpster diving as he was to carry his useful box full of treasures. The Ring on his wrist was oddly quiet for the moment and Reginald decided it was time to keep looking. With that they waded on with Hob and Bob hefting the wooden box between them a bit miffed that they were being treated like their brothers porters.

Keeping the wooden box and searching E6

Arien
Arien

Apologies for the delayed UPDATE THE SEVENTH

The Raccoons have a search at E6 after tucking their wooden box away and find… oo-er… some discarded underwear. Good gracious. What will you boys do with the frillies?!

Do you keep, gift or Chuck your items? (You only have to decide once for each item. I capitalise any item you must decide upon, the rest are settled.

SQUARES SEARCHED:B3, E1, E2, E3, E4, E5,E6, F6, D9, E9, H3, H5, H6, H12

ITEMS CURRENTLY HELD

@OHoney Raccoons: dishrag, ring, 2 rat attacks, milk jug lid, wooden box, UNDERWEAR?
@Drifa cardboard, 1/2 pack biscuits, OLD BELT?
@Lailyn : diary, USED HANKY?
cave anserem

Khazad Elder
Try as they might, the belt would not go around the great dragon's waist. Confused was the great dragon, all five heads. Why, they flew every day, for one half-hour, to be exact. They watched their intake of carbs (being meat eaters, after all). They tried their best to be upbeat and light-hearted, although they did tend to argue with each other a little too much. But, still, when had the thick wall of fat around their waist appeared?
'Do you know?' asked Black Head to the others.
'I am not sure, maybe Bree ponies?' said White Head.
'It was not the ponies!' snorted Red Head.
'No it was not!' agreed Green Head.
'It was that fat hobbit down by Archet!' said Blue Head confidently.
All the heads agreed that this must be the case and decided to keep the belt and abstain from fat hobbits until it fit.

Keeping the belt
H2, please
The world was fair in Durin's Day