Houses of Healing OOC (planning, etc.)

Seven Stars and Seven Stones and One White Tree.
New Soul
Hello my Friends! Happy New Year!

Ann Kalagon returns to Minas Tirith after a long while away, and will arrive at her first stop, HoH, to see Pele Alarion, and to deliver a select collection of various medicinals she has saved to bring back to her former SinC.

I am thinking I will be posting tomorrow. Hello 2021!
fka Ann Kalagon, Hyandaner

Mae Govannen, my friends!

High Warden of Tower
Looking forward to your next post, @Ankala Teaweed!

New Soul
She's there with a couple big bags of supplies now.

New Soul
Firstly an amazing post for the HoH @Ankala Teaweed! It's so beautifully written and I can't wait to read more, and I'm looking forward to seeing what else Ann has in her large bags of herbs and medicine!

My HoH responses for Frost, Fuin and Windy will come some time next week (alas, the next year joke is too late now :lol: ) because I'd like to do some more research before I post, so new thread, new post in new colours :lol: (the word new has been abused too many times in this sentence :lol: )
She/her.
Solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant

New Soul
thank you, Nessa! first HoH post since the old Plaza. can't show up empty handed!

New Soul
Inspired by @Pele Alarion housekeeping for the Rangers, I decided to be proactive and opened Houses of Healing II. I hope it doesn't look like a crazy fruit salad :googly:

@Pele Alarion @Winddancer @The King in Yellow I added you on the list in the second post. If I messed anything up let me know and I'll fix it ASAP.

Also if anyone has any links that need to be added to Ioreth's repository please feel free to throw them my way. :smooch:

NPF edit: sprinkled a few shinies for all that work <3
She/her.

Ent Ancient
Oh what a shiny new HoH thread! I hope to make it to this one but need to decide who to bring.. :grin:

High Lord of Imladris
@Nessa Saelind Booo I might have to drown you in my bathwater for that line about next year. :lol: I look forward to your post when you get to it though!

New Soul
@Lailyn - I'm tempted to tell you to come as a birb :tongue: because I've read that the physicians at the Abbasid court (I think it was the Abbasids, could have been another dynasty) needed to know how to treat and heal hawks and other hunting birds and animals, but I'd just dig myself into a (research) hole with that one :lol: and I have enough research cardio for now :lol:

@Fuin Elda - last year/next year jokes at the end of December/beginning of January will never grow old! Neva, I tell thee! :lol: I'll start writing today, see where it takes me :lol:
She/her.

Ent Ancient
Oh well I never thought of that! At this rate I'll have a bird in every kingdom soon. :grin: If you do ever feel like venturing down that particular rabbit hole in the future, just let me know! :winkkiss:

I was debating between my two Riders but I think I'll bring someone else. Both their Gondor stories are more serious and require more sensitivity than I feel I have the energy for right now. I think I've come up with an idea I like better but I need to lay some groundwork first so I'll be an Entish minute getting to it...

New Soul
@Lailyn - a birb in every Kingdom is a worthy 2021 goal that I encourage :thumbs:

I'll use this opportunity to gently remind everyone, that although healing is the primary function of the Houses of Healing (thread), you don't actually have to be (gravely) injured/hurt/sick to post there. There's a lot of other not so dramatic reasons one can come: from getting your prescription filled (Frost will need the practice :tongue: ), visit a patient (Tara, Windy and Pele had a wonderful mini RP regarding that and it's still ongoing and a favourite read), or visit the study or do some admin work like I'm planning to this year.

I'd love to see some behind the scenes activity in the Houses of Healing because that's one aspect we often don't get to see in the thread, but it's something that would happen and I'd like to encourage the happening of said scenes :lol:
She/her.

High Lord of Imladris
I promise that once the Revered Grandmother is healed she will come back to visit and see what's going on in the Study and perhaps see about doing some research on the healing properties of a particular alcohol @Nessa Saelind :lol: Alas though she did just come out of Mordor's Tower of Might so you got to deal with those wounds first. She may also bring a vase as a gift... Made of metal. So it's Revered Grandmother Proof.

New Soul
@Fuin Elda - Oooooh! Made my day! We're going to get Revered Grandmother good and drunk :lol: for research purposes of course :lol: In the meantime, you're all washed up and bundled up and have a very important matter do think about :tongue: :lol:

And after this trifecta of HoH posts I have gathered too many information about customs regarding the disposal of placentas and ancient gynaecology texts and apparently we have a thermae in the HoH :lol: I decided to add them, cause why not :lol: Time to go sorts some notes, or maybe sleep would be smarter :lol:
She/her.

Ent Ancient
Plaza bird goal 2021 - I'll give it my best. Good reminder. I have other ideas for non-medical assistance, too but I need time/energy to get to it. But I don't think I have ever RPed a patient on the Plaza though so it will be all new to me and I promise it won't be anything too dramatic!

New Soul
Looking forward to what you'll come up with :winkkiss:
She/her.

High Warden of Tower
@Nessa Saelind I still have to look through the collection of links I have for HoH to see if any of those work, but this is something I look into every so often:

http://botanical.com/

New Soul
@Pele Alarion :thumbs: Added to the repository :winkkiss:

@Winddancer babies! <3 Have you thought of names for the newest addition to the grocer's family? And Liriel's husband :lol: that entrance :lol: They're crying, so she's done and I can barge in :lol:
She/her.

Master Torturer
Hey he has 5 already, he knows when the crying starts, its his time to go in! :P And no idea about names, was thinking it would be the dad naming them.

New Soul
apologies! I will catch up soon - life has been disruptive lately. :tongue:

High Warden of Tower
Ann, waiting, waiting for you. :wink: Well, apparently life is important.

New Soul
sometimes important, sometimes just disruptive -- had a lot of both lately! ha ha
And the Ex still haunts the same lodgings, as I cannot move till the COVID becomes somewhat abated. Hence, frequent disruptions. :wink:

but to say, if you all find the idea of interest(?), I would enjoy developing Ann Kalagon in a new-found role of gathering and/or collecting supplies for the HoH, and willing to travel to do so.
at this point, she is a sort of new-apprentice herbalist -- and has had some light instruction and a couple years field experience. :shrug:

New Soul
With luck, a flurry of HoH posts/replies from me is coming everyone's way tomorrow. :smooch: And @Pele Alarion since you wanted more posts in Gondor, you'll be getting a visit from the senior administrator in the study. He shall come bearing tea and pepper biscuits and gently inquire about the Master Healer's shoulder wound. :tongue:

@Ankala Teaweed - love the idea! I'm all for seeing Ann as the resident herbalist and supplier of healing herbs, maybe even making or renovating a glass garden for rare plants and herbs and tending for them in the gardens. Whatever comes to mind I'd love to see it happen. :smooch:
She/her.

New Soul
Winddancer wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:51 pm"Well, we will just have to keep trying for a girl then.." he said with a mischievous grin, kissing his wife on her temple and then leaning in to kiss both of the babes.
:rofl: I burst out laughing when I've read this! :lol: A part of me is just awww this is cute and hilarious <3 and the other is like Sir, your wife literally pushed two children through the birth canal, can we not talk about making baby girls just yet :lol: Wait a while, like 2 years maybe :lol:

I really loved the post <3 and we finally met the husband!
She/her.

Master Torturer
:P

I do see them having a really fun and loving relationship, so she will prolly swat him for that one later :lol:

High Warden of Tower
@Ankala Teaweed As Nessa already said, it would be lovely to have you as a herbalist in HoH! Sounds like opportunities for many an adventure.

@A Good Wife *mutters something incomprehensible and plots responses to the HoH posts*

@Winddancer Is that like a private kindergarten in making? :wink:

New Soul
Pele Alarion wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:06 am@A Good Wife *mutters something incomprehensible and plots responses to the HoH posts*
:mwahaha: Careful what you wish for oh commander-in-chief of all Gondorian matters and maker of mischief :winkkiss:
She/her.

Master Torturer
More like they have taken it upon themselves to repopulate MT! J/King! :lol:

New Soul
Pele Alarion -- well then, there should be conversation about future herbal supplies, once she is settled into MT.

Disruptions have been chasing me, but tomorrow is a snow day and looks like a good day to craft the next couple posts.
After they unpack the saddle bags, Ann will be asking about where she might take housing for the night (and beyond?).

thank you, A Good Wife (that is you, Nessa?)

New Soul
Ankala Teaweed wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:12 amthank you, A Good Wife (that is you, Nessa?)
Yes, it's me, Nessa, under a pseudonym for the month of February :lol: I'll be back to my old self in March :winkkiss:

My Houses of Healing responses for everyone will be hopefully coming by Sunday. If my stubborn child of an elderly healer who I'm writing for the Imladris cruise RP ever gets out of Gondor! :lol: RP writing woes :lol:

BTW @Winddancer I've been going over the Liriel scene again and would it be ok for me not to respond for a while? It looks like Liriel and Eradan need time to be with the twins without the nurses and midwives disturbing them. So you can write those cute baby scenes with the husband and wife since the mother and the children are fine and I could respond after those scenes saying that Liriel and the babies are being moved to the recovery rooms?
She/her.

Master Torturer
No worries, she will likely only stay 1 night anyways :)

New Soul
Hmm, honestly since she gave birth to twins (and those were not easy births, especially in the Middle Ages) I think it would be best if she stayed in the Houses of Healing for a few days. Just so the healers can monitor her and the children. :nod: But I'm fine either way :nod:
She/her.

Master Torturer
Yeah, she isnt going to :P 5 kids at home and all that lol. You are welcome to fight her though :P

New Soul
:lol: I hope she has some family that can help her with the household. But a compromise would be that one of the nurses, most likely Matilda because I need to write more of her, checks up on Liriel every day, helps her out during the first 40 days after birth. If memory serves me that's sort of the period where a midwife or nurse would visit a new mother to check on her and the child development. And I think 40 days after labour the mother receives visitors from friends and family, receiving gifts. *thinking face*
She/her.

Master Torturer
She would very reluctantly do that (as in could be made to) cause she would be hellbent on getting home to her kids, so she would likely agree to that just to be able to go, likely thinking that she can always sens the nurse off if she gets in her way lol :P

Master Torturer
Ok I need help naming the babies, I would like to choose between these sets:

Aistarion and Ainarion (Bless)

Amanthor and Amanion (Blessed)

Mánarion (Blessed) and Hanarion (Brother)

Faeldor (Generous) and Arodor (Noble)

Or names from the generator:

Maethor and Berethor

Maethon and Erthon

Haleth and Hamma (not too keen on those as they are so close to LOTR names)

I would like to keep them grouped like they are, so they have the similar sounding names.

High Warden of Tower
@Ankala Teaweed We can always figure out future cooperation options! :D

@Winddancer I sort of like Maethor and Berethor.

New Soul
@Winddancer I like Mánarion and Hanarion. The names are meaningful and yet different enough so that they won't be confused in the registry office :lol: Although the boys would probably look alike until a certain age :lol:
She/her.

Master Torturer
I am gonna have them look alike their whole life :P

Chief Counsellor of Gondor
I have identical twin brothers in the AOA RP, and it is great fun to concoct plots for them. :googly: I know I'm not a healer here, but I am just going to say, I'd vote for any of your options except for Amanthor and Amanion @Winddancer - just because those two are names which would be harder to shorten/differentiate with pet names, etc. :wink:

Also, to justify my butting in, with regard to the invitation which was made for certain roguish young Rangers to come and do some mandatory healing training etc, can I ask, should I assume that they/err he .. ought report to someone in particular ? or just show up and say 'educate me enough on the basics to get by out in the field please, good people. At least enough so they won't kick me out for being ignorant'. :grin:

I'll be having Isys come by for her check up after injuries received in battle too, but @Tharmáras wanted to accompany me on that outing, so he can explain to the city healers just what measures he took to manage her injuries until they got home. So I'm waiting for a good time that we can both RP that. :nod:
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost
The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not touched by the frost.

Master Torturer
Please do give your 2 cents! That's why I am asking, I want input <3 And yeah agree with the Amanion/thor

New Soul
@Ercassie - I did suggest it and had a few ideas in mind, but if Nal has a preference :lol: you can choose the healer :grin: All lovely, ladies here :grin: Nal will make it out alive, but I can't guarantee for unspoiled :tongue: :lol:

Should I make a raffle or a random number generator for you and @Tharmáras regarding the healer you'd like :lol: Just kidding, whenever you find the time we can work out the specifics here or on Discord or via messenger bird or something. No problem :smooch:
She/her.

Ent Ancient
A little bird likes Mánarion/Hanarion and Faeldor/Arodor best.
& will be bringing a patient by soon-ish (as promised) but you seem to have no shortage of them so is being Entish and not rushing it.

New Soul
@Ercassie :winkkiss: and @A Good Wife :smooch: , I think my Gondodrian RP List looks like this in order now:

Hunters
Gaol
Tower Guard - The Undertaker's Daughter (Beginning Iole search)
Ranger Commons
Southern Fiefdoms - Sanya and Anardil, Imrahil and Aragorn at Lond Col
Buccaneers
Northern Fiefdoms - A Study in Ivory (Beginning Frost case near the Library)
Northern Fiefdoms - Mysterious Drinker, taking the glass from the Hunters RP
Northern Fiefdoms - Arwen and Airien in The Tower of Ecthelion
The Southern Fiefdoms - Continuing The Ward with @Moriel
Winter is Come Inn
Marketplace
Southern Fiefdoms - Araldur RP

I could write Beren to accompany Isys to the Healing House between Buccaneers and A Study in Ivory first post if that's okay? :grouphug:
I think we've said Matilda, Nessa?
Last edited by Eriol on Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Eriol... 'One who dreams alone.' ” - Tolkien, The Book of Lost Tales I

Black Númenórean
@Tharmáras no Ward? :googly:
Evil is a lifestyle | she/her

New Soul
I'm still editing @Moriel in another window LOL! I'll tag you again lol
"Eriol... 'One who dreams alone.' ” - Tolkien, The Book of Lost Tales I

New Soul
@Tharmáras your list makes my head hurt :googly:

As for your question depends on who you need? A healer or a nurse? Matilda is a nurse :tongue: :smooch: If you need a healer you can choose between @Pele Alarion, Naela (@Winddancer NPC healer apprentice) and well Nessa well and technically Quintus too :lol: (and keep in mind you then go to my ever-growing list of HoH cases :lol: )
She/her.

Balrog
@Tharmáras That is a a damn list! :rofl: though if that list in order of priority, I think you should put "The Ward" above "A Study in Ivory" (says the guy desperate for more Inzil/Moriel content).
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Master Torturer
How about figure that out when you come within a month of writing a HoH post :P With a list like that it looks like 10 years down the line :lol:

New Soul
Winddancer wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:30 pm How about figure that out when you come within a month of writing a HoH post :P With a list like that it looks like 10 years down the line :lol:
:rofl: maybe by then I will actually finish all the HoH posts I need to write :lol: And this will all be a moot point by then :lol:
She/her.

Master Torturer
And Naela will be a veteran nurse by then :lol: