Houses of Healing OOC (planning, etc.)

Seven Stars and Seven Stones and One White Tree.
Master Torturer
If you are willing and able to would you then doing my training? It's not that I don't want to do the training, it was more that there didnt seem to be anyone around and I am already taking up Nessa's time :P (Dont want Thea a healer as she is involved in some weeird stuff lol) If you do that would be awesomeness! <3

Thanks Nessa! <3

New Soul
Pele Alarion wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:05 am Nessa, I suppose you got the list of healers right. :D
Well *cough* with me included there's only 4 of us, and I hope I'm not that scatterbrained :lol: Although if I don't get my regular intake of coffee I do look like this --> :confused: :lol:

Windy - don't make me waste perfectly good tomatoes! You're not taking up my time, I love RPing with you, it's so fun :-) So you can bug me anytime you want to do anything, I really don't mind. Tortoise and all. :D
She/her.
Solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant

High Warden of Tower
Windy, if you don't mind training, it might even be fun (perhaps even as a sort of small RPG to visit ill people, collect herbs, etc, could involve other people too?), I'd be game!

Master Torturer
Oh was never worried it wouldnt be fun, just didnt really know who was healer and if anyone was up for it :) I will bring my NPC along shortly and get started then :D And thanks!

And thanks Nessa! We still got Tom to sort out! :D

High Warden of Tower
Will have to plot a bit to see if something really interesting comes of it!

New Soul
I don't know what Arnyn had planned for the Ranger RPG, she did hint someone could receive a significant injury that requires transfer to the Houses of Healing... Maybe we can use that too, or place an add in the RP request thread that patients are required :lol: Whatever happens you have my erm scalpel? Bandage? Healing herbs? Something :lol:
She/her.

High Warden of Tower
I'll be in the HoH sooner rather than later, promise! *runs around like a headless chicken with work, posts-to-write list and the actual race up and down a hill*

Master Torturer
No need to stress, I just wanted it in there so I didnt double post :P

New Soul
Just popping in to tell you that I love all the new stories and content in the Houses of Healing! They make an excellent Saturday morning read :-)

BTW @Winddancer I've been meaning to ask (but keep forgetting because I'm doing some peer reviewing for a friend) about your plans for Tom and his dad? I didn't really want to write anything further without some sort of coordination so I thought I'd ask here. (Yes, took me 2000 years later to realise that, yes I can actually find out things by posing a question :lol: )
She/her.

Master Torturer
Yes! Loads to read! :D The herbalist dude is for Tara's story :D Think Pele is going to go get him.

And you are always welcome to ask! I am just so used to people discussing stuff on discord that I forgot you werent there :P Frost is going to come in and NPC Toms dad, I took it to here: viewtopic.php?p=23863#p23863 to go and get him. He prolly wont come lol. Basically gone with Toms mum being dead and his dad is "retired" from the army and is now a mean drunk, hence why Tom likes spending all his time in the library. Btw thinking Tom is likely around 8, just old enough to be able to read, but still quite young. And he is a really smart kid, so seems older. So feel free to add that you sense something is wrong while I am away, or try and pry :) I wont know 100% what Toms dad is like until Frost posts as I have given him some freedom to make him up :P

New Soul
Yes, I saw the post in there, that's why I decided to wait a bit. :-) I'm in no hurry, so I'll see what Frost comes up with whenever he has the time.

I still have some edits to do on a massive post in the MT Free RP. Not to mention that my recent read inspired me to start drafting a post about 2 NPC healers currently residing in Emyn Arnen, so I have plenty to occupy me :lol:
She/her.

Master Torturer
Good! Shouldnt be too long :D

Horse Trainer of The Mark
OH MY GOSH!!!!! I do apologize for not telling you this sooner!!!! I've been busy with exams and final projects the past couple weeks, and I forgot about a lot of my posts happening

In War We Know Willpower, In Peace We Know Love~

Master Torturer
@Nessa Saelind just in case you miss it, Thea is back with Tom's dad, our posts are in red :P

New Soul
@Rowena Ellenweorc - no worries *hugs* Whenever you get the time to type and post, post. I'm hiding from my laptop anyway because it's too hot here :lol:

@Winddancer - read the posts this morning on my commute to work :-) I should have a post up by Friday. ^_^
She/her.

Master Torturer
Awesome! <3

New Soul
@Winddancer managed to write something before Friday *cue congratulatory clapping* :lol: although @Frostbite almost threw me off track, but I think I managed to recover nicely (I hope) *fingers crossed*
She/her.

Balrog
I due tend to throw people off :lol: but I think you did quite well considering I just threw the dad in there like that drunken hurricane he is.
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Master Torturer
Nice one Nessa! <3

New Soul
Frostbite wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:41 pmlike that drunken hurricane he is.
:lol: I've been lauging way too hard at this :lol:
She/her.

New Soul
I keep forgetting to post some of the things from the history of medicine that I stumble upon Twitter here, but today I remembered! A few days ago I've found this article Jinn and tonic: Medieval Islam's celebrity doctors. It's an interesting read about medieval Arabic doctors, and it provides a link to The Best Accounts of the Classes of Physicians. I didn't have time to check it out thoroughly, but looks like a partial translation of the manuscript is there, along with scholarly commentary.

It's an interesting insight into the world of medieval doctors and medicine, I know I have some links and even Twitter threads about medieval Arab physicians and book titles, even female practitioners and midwives saved somewhere I'll just have to dig them up and sort through them and I'll post them here as a resource.

edit: found the Twitter thread on female health practitioners , there's some interesting links to check out there. :-)
She/her.

Balrog
I could have sworn I'd read that "Jinn and Tonic" article before, that title is far too clever for me to forget. It's a great read! :grin:

I kinda forgot I needed to post Tom's father again. I hate him so much it's easy for him to slip my mind. I hope you forgive me for taking so long to get around to him.
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Chief Counsellor of Gondor
@Pele Alarion, again my apologies if you had been waiting on me to proceed. :embarrassed: A post is now in place. :smile:
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost
The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not touched by the frost.

New Soul
@Frostbite :lol: the hate for Tom's dad is strong in you! :lol: But seriously, it's ok, no worries. I'm covering a colleague at work, so my free time for creative writing or any kind of writing is limited to a few hours on the weekends. I'll try to have something on Friday so @Winddancer doesn't die of boerdom because of us :lol:
She/her.

Master Torturer
Yes! Let's not kill Windy!

High Warden of Tower
Now to consider a proper post... It's been a whole week without writing those, hopefully haven't forgotten how. :D

High Warden of Tower
@Winddancer, will you be joining in fixing up Addhor? ;)

Master Torturer
Totally! 10 wild rohirrim couldnt keep me away!

Master Torturer
@Ercassie @Pele Alarion I know it's my turn, but seeing as Pele asked Addhor if Naela could stay, I figured I would leave it to him to respond first and react to that as Naela will just be lurking in the doorway until told otherwise.

I had a response all planned out @Winddancer but tonight a different post took me longer than I imagined, as I got quite carried away with that. I shall put up the healing houses post in the morning though, before work, if I can manage it. :wink:
The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not touched by the frost.

Master Torturer
Oh no hurry at all! Just letting you in on why I wasnt posting in case you were waiting for mine :P <3

Appreciated. :smile: But since it is unwise to keep dragons waiting overlong .. I will try for tomorrow nonetheless. Even if it isn’t quite ‘before‘ work now. :tongue:

Master Torturer
LOL ok! <3

New Soul
@Winddancer @Mama's Murder Muffin - I am a bit late, but the post is up at the HoH. Hope it's coherent or at least grammatically correct :lol: I got a new laptop and a different word processing software (no Grammarly to help highlight my wacky word formations :lol: ) so please excuse if something is odder than usual :lol:

P.S. No need to rush on the response, this turtle trainwreck is in town all month :lol:
She/her.

Master Torturer
Awesomeness! And dont worry about grammar, you deal with mine all the time and I dont have anything to help me :P

Master Torturer
@Nessa Saelind I saw you post in the RP request thread, does that mean I can bring my pregnant Liriel around for a surprise twin birth soon?? :O (Surprise as she knows she is pregnant, duh, but doesnt know it is twins :P )

New Soul
@Winddancer of course :-) I've already marked the chapter on childbirth in Life in a Medieval City so this research should be fun. :-)
She/her.

Master Torturer
Yay! I will bring her around once Thea escapes leaves :D

Balrog
Got Eril to respond. I wanted to go mean asshole with him, even outlined it with him being a jerk but once the words started flowing I had to make him sympathetic. At any rate, he's become a character I don't want to throttle anymore. I just want to kick him for being such a bad father up to this point

New Soul
*slides a big piece of chocolate cake to @Vampire Bob to help with the emotional trauma of writing Eril*

Well, Frost, the option of Eril having a sudden heart attack or stroke is always (an interesting) option if you want to go down with that route :-) Not saying you should, but I can make it happen :lol: Although, methinks @Winddancer would have a "blast" writing angsty guilt-filled posts for Thea that I'd just love to read.

I'll have a response for both of you sometime this afternoon after I fortify myself with lunch. Never write on an empty stomach. :lol:
She/her.

Master Torturer
Thea is having a horrible day! And it will get worse as she is going to get arrested for theft when she leaves :p

New Soul
Well let me know if you need a character witness or something, Nessa will be more than happy to stand up for Thea. :-)
She/her.

Balrog
A heart attack you say? Well now that could be interesting. I have no idea what to do with him in general and he needs to be tortured a bit for being a such a bad father. I will consider this! :grin:

I feel the need to protect Thea so I might have to come up with a new character to act in her defense (as long as it doesn't interfere with Windy's plans for Thea of course).

Master Torturer
Hey any plans I had for her went out the window when Rivvy sat down at her table :P I am just winging it lol. Though logically she shouldnt be getting away with having "stolen" from her employer, as she is a mean hag who very well knows what money is there (she skims and is initially the thief, but hides her tracks better).

New Soul
Everyone loves a good redemption arc, Windy :-) Give the people what they want! :lol: BTW my post is up, a bit later than I planned, but apparently after a good lunch one is required to take a nap. :lol:
She/her.

New Soul
A rather random question: does anyone else struggle with reading posts in the sky blue colour (#00BFFF) that we use for the Treatment rooms posts? I don't know if it's a screen thing or something else :shrug: , but lately that colour has become such an eyesore for me and difficult to read.

Maybe it's just me and the lighting on my computer/smartphone screen and I have to fiddle with it some more... However, I wanted to ask would it be possible to switch colours for the treatment room from sky blue to a darker shade of blue? We don't have to do it in this iteration of the Houses, maybe in the next thread, we open? Going for a darker version of the brighter colours we have would be nice, if possible of course.
She/her.

Master Torturer
I would love to go with darker colours, they are really hard for me to read, I have to highlight the text to even get a chance at doing it. If there is a consensus I can edit it into the top post as it might be a while until Findy is around. What say you @Pele Alarion ?

High Warden of Tower
It's not awfully kind to eyes, no. Maybe this, #0040FF would do instead?

Master Torturer
Updated the top post so you can see it, looks ok to me, not as bright. Thank goodness no one is posting with the gold yet lol

New Soul
Pele- an excellent choice! :thumbs: It's a lovely shade of blue and easier on the eyes. Thank you *hugs*
Windy - :lol: Don't encourage them! :lol: And thank you for the edits *hugs*

Although gold is for Healers quarters... *thinks and plots* Might not be a bad idea if we get together there IC, have some tea and cake and catch up on things. :-)
She/her.