Marketplace OOC

Seven Stars and Seven Stones and One White Tree.
Chief Counsellor of Gondor
Thank you @Nessa Saelind. And can I beg your assistance yet again to add another little premises to the Marketplace ? I was going to have Isys run her weird goings on out of a nondescript house, but a shop might work better since I've had a little think on it. :winkkiss:

Tagging @Winddancer re the change of 'address' on the little wooden disc that Isys gave to the children. :wink:

The shop is 'Needful Things', run by Ann Other. Absolutely an alias. There is no description for the shop further than the name (which was shamelessly 'borrowed' from Stephen King, to whom all credit is owed). If you've read his novel of that same name, then you might have a sort of clue what it in store (pun, sorry). Well, a slightly less terrifying version, because after all, this is Gondor, not Mordor. :tongue:
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost
The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not touched by the frost.

New Soul
@Ercassie Needful Things and its owner added to the list. I have resisted the temptation to add in a cheeky mystery description :tongue:
She/her.
Solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant

Child of Gondor
Loved that movie!! btw can I add my shop?
Nells Breads and Pastries
Isolde Alarion/Rohan~Nelladel Alarion/Gondor~Mourgan Alarion/Gondor ~ Dahak/ Umbar ~ Relic RIP

New Soul
@Isolde Alarion - one artisan bakery owned by the lovely Nell added to the list. :winkkiss: Go forth and bake some pies :tongue:
She/her.

Child of Gondor
Thank you! Actually that sounds pretty good. Lollipop
Isolde Alarion/Rohan~Nelladel Alarion/Gondor~Mourgan Alarion/Gondor ~ Dahak/ Umbar ~ Relic RIP

Balrog
Oh wonderous and all-knowing TR!! I beg a boon of you, would you be able to add a new shop to the list?

Monstrum in fine Libri - a large almost barn-like structure (that might be bigger on the inside) containing a wealth of incredibly rare and expensive books (and maybe a few cursed ones tucked away in hidden corners) for sale to the discerning reader and collector. Owned by Curunis a wizened crone from down south
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

New Soul
Marshall Lee wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:22 am Oh wonderous and all-knowing TR!! I beg a boon of you, would you be able to add a new shop to the list?
A bookshop you said? *insert Here, take my money!.gif* The fabulously mysterious bookshop added to the list. :grin:
She/her.

Istari Sage
Can we re-open the Wayfair inn?

Here’s the old description:
Wayfarers Inn
The Inn is owned by a wonderful older couple... Alfric (" Alf " for short) and Hildy Térandirs . Their last name means "way-wanderer" in Sindarin and they are well known and liked by many a visitor and residents of the White City.

Inside you will find warmth and a comfortable feeling of home mixed with charm and quaint gentility.

There is a bar where friends sit to visit as well as tables spread into two rooms for those wanting to get something to eat or relax while having time with friends.

While No Gondorians live here, there are several comfortable rooms available for visitors seeking overnight accommodations in the White City.

The Inn has a nice garden out back. There is a large porch with tables, chairs and large porch swings hanging from the ceiling. Lanterns are attached to the walls providing a wonderful place for guests to spend an evening enjoying the fresh air under the stars.
Or something similar? I’ve learned while RPing with Rillewen that Romeran is into cooking and it might be fun to have him learn to cook under Alf and Hindy (or whoever might replace them). [Aside: anyone interested in some middle-earth cooking RP? Otherwise I’ll just write something myself for fun]

Master Torturer
Will any inn do? Cause there is this one? viewtopic.php?f=11&t=773

Child of Gondor
I think we need the Mermaids Embrace back…nothing like a dark dingy tavern to warm my heart. Lol

High Warden of Tower
@Isolde Alarion When have we had Mermaid's Embrace last? :lol: Though I am not sure @Romeran should work there, haha... Maybe Guesthouse would be better, else the Captain might not be happy to hear that, unless it is meant as a spying mission. *ponders* I wonder where would it fit - a separate thread? MT city? It is in Harlond, so probably not Marketplace.

Istari Sage
I don’t have strong feelings either way. I could use the kitchens in the ranger quarters if I wanted. It would be less a job and more a hobby after all he is employed as a ranger.

Balrog
In this economy, sometimes a ranger need a second job to make ends meet :lol: Caladcyll works at the docks in Harlond, why shouldn't Rome get a job as a line cook at an Inn?
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Istari Sage
I’m happy to revive the guest house thread. Honestly I must have just glossed over it when I was scrolling through the forum threads :lol:

Balrog
You do that, I'll revive my wolfhound that I accidently left standing at the door looking for scraps

Master Torturer
Hey I tossed it something.. :P

Balrog
You did! and I utterly failed to do anything about it; forgive me dragon?

New Soul
Romeran wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:18 am Can we re-open the Wayfair inn?
Are you asking can the Wayfair inn be opened as a location in the Marketplace thread or as a thread for itself? Because the answer is yes either way. As I mentioned in the location repository post (the post below the OP)
The list of locations and shops is neither complete nor set in stone. Feel free to make up your own location and shop and NPC(s) for them. They can be temporary (just for your RP needs) or permanent (everyone can use them). Most of the locations and shops are open for anyone to use and have NPCs as proprietors/apprentices/employees. Other shops are owned by members – this will be clearly marked to avoid any possible confusion.
So if you want to RP something in the Wayfair inn that's located in the Marketplace you just put Character name(s), Wayfair Inn and Bob's your uncle. However, if you want to open a separate thread for the Wayfair inn you can do so :nod: but then that's a separate thread and not the jurisdiction of the Marketplace threadrunner aka me :lol:
She/her.

Istari Sage
Sorry for the churn @Nessa Saelind it looks like the The Old Guesthouse should suit my purposes just fine, I had overlooked it. Thanks for the info either way! :smile:

New Soul
@Romeran - no problem at all! Feel free to ask anything :nod: there are a lot of threads here and it's easy to overlook something, so asking questions always helps. Besides, the more people answer your question the more options you have :grin:
She/her.

Master Torturer
Sorceress wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:52 pm You did! and I utterly failed to do anything about it; forgive me dragon?
Hmm maybe..