Marketplace OOC

Seven Stars and Seven Stones and One White Tree.
Warrior of Imladris
I am feeling the love! :smooch:
Go to Rohan.
Go to Rohan, Winddy? Just a nice wee trip over the continent!!
The Wood-elves lingered in the twilight of our Sun and Moon, but loved best the stars.

Master Torturer
Yeah!? Annnd? Fresh air! Psh..

Chief Counsellor of Gondor
As expert as I am sure the healer in Rohan is, the poor patient may have bled to death during that extensive, fresh-airy journey to get there. :tongue:
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost
The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not touched by the frost.

Master Torturer
Sooo??! She is an elf, she can reincarnate... pft

New Soul
:lol: Oh my, Windy I had no idea you were this eager to get a patient! :lol: All you had to do was ask in the HoH OCC, we would all volunteer as tributes for you to practice on :lol:
She/her.
Solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant

Master Torturer
I think I am about to watch Pele work on Ercassie's npc's rotten leg! Woot! Or was it a wooden leg? Hm..

Warrior of Imladris
@Nessa Saelind Okay, Annabel is freaked out by the sight of blood, which somewhat explains her current weariness (it's not all bloodloss!) and naturally assumes all young children are too. Ignore her nonsense and boss her about as you see fit!
The Wood-elves lingered in the twilight of our Sun and Moon, but loved best the stars.

New Soul
@Lirimaer got it :-) I'll try not to boss too much and have something for you sometime today. Depending on when my brother's kids will allow me to be on the computer :lol:
She/her.

Warrior of Imladris
:) no worries.

Master Torturer
I can babysit.. I am reeeal good with kids..

New Soul
Winddancer wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:28 pm I can babysit.. I am reeeal good with kids..
OK, Windy, you can babysit if you'd like. :-) Or babysit/assist in the Houses of Healing if you'd like. Whatever you'd like more :-)
She/her.

Master Torturer
Woot! Send them my way, I won't hurt them, much..

Warrior of Imladris
@Nessa Saelind :pokey:

New Soul
No fighting (over) children :lol:

@Lirimaer finally managed to post, sorry for the delay. My colleague is on sick leave and I'm covering for her + doing my own work and by the time I get home, I don't want to look at computers or Word processors.
She/her.

Warrior of Imladris
Hahaha okay! I feared the curse of inactive Gondorians had got you!

High Warden of Tower
What curse do you speak of, Lirimaer? :lol: Sorry I disappeared on you though - went off to have orienteering races for 5 successive days and enjoyed forests, else Cadil might have used some tablecloth for bandage.

Warrior of Imladris
That's about my luck, in Gondor!!

Glad you had a good time though!

New Soul
Lirimaer wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:51 pm Hahaha okay! I feared the curse of inactive Gondorians had got you!
:lol: Oh my! :lol: We should make this into a game for Halloween or something :lol: break the curase of the inactive Gondorians over Gondor :lol:
She/her.

Interaction is always welcome @Isolde Alarion. And a friendly support between shopkeepers equally so :thumbs: With recent bleeding girls collapsing in the street and now troubled screams going on behind closed doors, we might do worse than to set up a market/neighbourhood watch scheme at this rate. Before it ends up as perilous to traverse the White City's market as the Rohirric version ! :googly:
The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not touched by the frost.

Master Torturer
At least we arent burning the place down like the Rohirrim :rofl:

New Soul
Windy don't give anyone any mad ideas! :lol:
She/her.

Master Torturer
Me?? Never! :grin:

Child of Gondor
Seeing as your a dragon Windy I'd hate to see what a case of the hiccups would do to the White City. :googly: :nod:

@Ercassie Yay! ..and she does have some work orders to place with him. :wink: Yes, we might need something..a patrol or something.
Isolde Alarion/Rohan~Nelladel Alarion/Gondor~Mourgan Alarion/Gondor ~ Dahak/ Umbar ~ Relic RIP

Master Torturer
Well.. I do have a slight heartburn..

You’d have to try some other avenue here @Winddancer, me thinks, to have any hope of inciting anarchy. The fact is in the name. Gondor. Stone-land. :brickwall: The MT market won’t burn half as easily as all those thatched barns did. :grin:

Which is just as well, because I doubt we’d get much aid from our neighbours/allies in the event of ... After all, where was Gondor when the Westfold so recently burned ? :shrug: Suffering from that inactive Gondorian plague, most likely. :facepalm:

@Isolde Alarion :thumbs:

Master Torturer
True! Though I had no part in the burning of Rohan! For once I am innocent!

New Soul
I'm wading back into Gondorian RPing, @Winddancer . If you need guards in the Marketplace, I have my Dol Amrothian knight Sir Halion. I'll be there soon with Beren for my lebethron supplying for @Ercassie , joining the Woodwrights' Fellowship, and seeing @Isolde Alarion.
"Eriol... 'One who dreams alone.' ” - Tolkien, The Book of Lost Tales I

Master Torturer
What about the groceries you were gonna supply my npc @Aigronding Mordagnir, still waiting! :P

New Soul
I will definitely have those groceries for you in my first market post, too, @Winddancer :rofl: :smooch: ! *Starts to sweat, fearing her almighty dragonfire* My wood suppliers for @Ercassie and my grocer suppliers for you :grin: ! And guard duty...

Master Torturer
Just be delicate with Liriel, she is heavily pregnant and doesnt know it is twins! :P

New Soul
My characters will be gentle and helpful, @Winddancer 🤩! Ercassie told me that there are young NPCs of yours i could interact with, too.

@Veowyn , could Beren and Aileen join the Woodwrights Guild and speak with Vandani, onore? 😘

New Soul
Winddancer wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:46 amJust be delicate with Liriel, she is heavily pregnant and doesnt know it is twins! :P
Will it be in poor taste if I call dibs for the part of the midwife at their birth? :-)
She/her.

Master Torturer
Lol you are more than welcome to @Nessa Saelind :D @Aigronding Mordagnir I have several, you gotta be more specific :P

New Soul
Cassie had said "Yes according to the opening post, her Grocer is liriel. And as far as I remember, liriel is very busy and very pregnant and has several children who help her sell things in the shop, lol. I can’t remember names of the kids I’m afraid. There’s a post or two in the thread that might mention them though."

So I have to do some reading 🤣...

Master Torturer
Oh right! Yes, she has a lot of kids (she is pregnant with her sixth, not knowing it is twins so also seventh :P ) lol. But Gellir is her oldest son (12) and he helps do the books for her, shy kid ;) Lúcon is number 4 and a bit of a cheeky brat, the two that are older than him, but younger than Gellir are always out in the fields working with the dad. Erland is the baby, coming up to a year and a half. (I so had to look that up :P )

Just a quick little check, @Lirimaer. I appreciate that we both fell away toward other RP and activities on/off Nuplaza. But I was just wondering, if you are still around/want to have the carpenter come consult with your metalsmith ? Just because it has been a little while. If you are happy I can get straight on that, or if not, can presume to RP him next as though it is a different day or something. Thanks :winkkiss:

New Soul
Since Gondor is undergoing a New Year, new thread update does anyone have any thoughts, opinions, comments, New Year resolutions about opening up a new Marketplace thread? Or are you fine as is?
She/her.

It could do with a little spring cleaning, as in checking which shops/apprenticeships are actually active. As some, I’m fairly sure have never even once RPd in their chosen shop. :confused:

But someone might need to poke @Veowyn before we go changing things up, to see if she’s still available and willing to oversee it ? Think she has been busy with her children etc but she does sometimes post a little in Rohan and signs in to see. So she might still be up for it ?

Warrior of Imladris
@Ercassie Ack ... I really did leave that hanging ... so sorry! Going back to work has got me well out of RPing, and the plaza in general.

Feel free to godmode me as having doubts about the venture if you want, and go about your business as you will!

@Lirimaer :smooch:. It is fine. I remember how astounded I have been with all that you have had going on in RL. I've left the matter as open as I can for you, and did have my IC recall at one point how he and his partner had used the Woodwright guild's equipment at the start of their business, to get them going until their own place was established. So, that is always an option for you, that your Ivor could use the Metalsmiths guildhall forge etc, in lieu of his own being quite ready, if you do still want to go through the motions.

@Ta'leus Shieldsong, I saw your OOC note about the woodworking apprenticeship. There's about to be something of a business meeting in the Carpentry shop, to discuss supply runs and upcoming projects, which I guess might be educational for an interested youth to listen in on ? But since you said you're not in any rush to start, there'll be a 'new day' scenario posted up in a little bit, so my carpenter can get to work on some of those actual woodwork projects, so we could say that's when your young man arrived, if you'd prefer. :shrug:

I think you may have to state your official interest in this thread however, to become an apprentice ? Just so that the Marketplace Manager can put you on their books/list in the Opening post ? :wink:

Esquire of The Mark
Ah that might be a good time to have him come in! And yes I suppose you're right. *waves* Hey, Marketplace people, let me be a carpenter! I promise I'll only drive a nail through a finger twice.

New Soul
Ta'leus Shieldsong wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:43 amI promise I'll only drive a nail through a finger twice.
The A&E part of the Houses of Healing cringes in horror! :lol: Come to think of it now I have to research how tetanus was treated or could be treated before the long 19th century... *scribbles post-it note, slaps it on the table*

However, I'm looking forward to reading to the interaction between @Ercassie's Addhor and Thavron and seeing what you'll come up with.
She/her.

Master Torturer
They didnt really have a cure until the antibiotic was invented and the vaccine. But it wasn't alway fatal, so there is that. But yikes, what a painful one to get! Spasms so hard it could break bones :O

New Soul
Ah, the latest Marketplace repost has reminded me that I'm halfway through with making the new MT Marketplace Free RP thread. So if all goes well *fingers crossed* I could have it up this weekend.
She/her.

Balrog
:whip:
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

New Soul
Update/heads up for you folks: the OP for the new Marketplace is done. I need to finish a list of possible shops and locations and add descriptions to those locations and shops. The thread will most likely be up tomorrow (Monday) or on Thursday depending on how "wild" I go with the shops and locations. Some of them have interesting backgrounds. :lol:

Also, if you want to add a shop/stall to the List of possible shops that folks can interact with cometh the hour cometh the list maker. :lol: You don't need to write much if you don't want to, just put a name of the shop and an owner/manager/apprentice and I'll put it into the post. :nod:

Side note for myself: useful links to stash in the repository, don't forget!

From the Wayback Archive: Minas Tirith Marketplace Definitions of Shops
From the Wayback Archive: Chamber of Commerce price lists
She/her.

Steward of Gondor
Smith shop!

Before the war: Ironclad Armor and Weapons (and misc. metalworks)
Run by Damion Dringolben, known as one of the best smiths of the area

After the war:
Truesteel Armor and Weapons
Run by NPC Ramdir. An "okay" smith who is renting the forge and shop building from the widow Maeth Dringolben
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Balrog
I would like to add:

1. Clothes Minded Individuals owned by "The Shopkeeper" (you of course know who she is because you read other people's writing) - an out of the way clothing shop selling rare fabrics
2. The Sword and the Scone owned by Walpurga - a small, intimate coffee shop selling baked goods with tea and coffee
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

The new marketplace is looking very spiffy @Nessa Saelind :clap:

But the last time I poked my head in this thread, I forgot to actually post up my little shop. Which would be:

'Wood Works'. Owned by Addhor and Narradir. For carpentry of some kinds.

Thanks. :smooch:

New Soul
@Ercassie - Thank you! :smooch: And by the magic of the edit button, Wood Works carpentry is added to the list and can open its doors for business. Or dogs. :tongue:
She/her.