Minas Tirith City Hall (OOC)

Seven Stars and Seven Stones and One White Tree.
New Soul
I am sure we will plot whenever you see something of mine in the vault which inspires you to devise interactions with our characters, @Call of Cthulhu :headbang: ! I am honored you enjoy Beren, Aig, and Earen the most of all my creations so far :encore: !

@Winddancer , is there anything to know about the Rogues Fellowship and the Hall of Books mentioned in the Northern Fiefdoms OP ? If there is none, may I conjure backgrounds for them :smooch: ?

Posted in Hunters Ranger RP. Now I can strike that one off the list:

Gaol - Beren and Sanya and Angol. Maybe Sarabeth.
Tower Guard - The Undertaker's Daughter (Beren beginning Iole search)
Ranger Commons - Beren and Sanya
Healing House - Beren
Southern Fiefdoms - Sanya and Anardil, Imrahil and Aragorn at Lond Col
Buccaneers - Taylus and Matt and Kfir
Northern Fiefdoms - Mysterious Drinker, taking the glass from the Hunters RP
The Southern Fiefdoms - Continuing The Ward with Moriel
Northern Fiefdoms - Arwen and Airien in The Tower of Ecthelion
Northern Fiefdoms - A Study in Ivory (Beginning Frost case near the Library)
Winter is Come Inn - Beren
Marketplace - Beren and Belemund
Northern Fiefdoms - Araldur RP
20(+) Gondorian Character Biographies
"Eriol... 'One who dreams alone.' ” - Tolkien, The Book of Lost Tales I

Master Torturer
@Tharmáras that's @Burnt Toast thread, not mine ;)

New Soul
Call of Cthulhu wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:53 pm @Tharmáras It sounds like you desperately need a character archive! :lol:
Everyone desperately needs a character archive :googly:

General question for everyone: Would it be alright if I change some things regarding the description of the Library? In her opening post Findy states
On a quiet end of the Second Cirlce, far from the hustle and bustle of the Marketplace sits a building tucked away. As you venture up the wide, marble stairs, framed with white columns, there is a set of thick wooden double doors with brass handles.
I was looking for something else in the Wayback machine and I was reading through the old Library thread and found this description:
Minas Tirith’s Library stands on the Third Circle between the Office of the White Tree Registry and the Post Office. It is not an ostentatious building despite its being named Rynd Permaith by many scholars, its Sindarin name. It is distinguished from the Great Library in the Seventh Circle, which is older and contains Royal Archive and more specific text not for the public eye. The two are therefore also known as new and old, or Rynd Permaith Gwain and Rynd Permaith Iaur. The New Hall of Books, or the New Library is the one in the Third Circle and all are welcome to peruse its many tomes and conduct research
You can read more in the link above. I quite like the level of detail in the OP and I have some ideas of my own regarding the library. So would anyone mind if I mix these ideas up and create something new for my upcoming Librarian posts? If it's a problem I'll work within the framework of Findy's post that she set up, I don't want to create a fuss just because I had a "brilliant" idea. Please let me know what you think and I can elaborate on what I had in mind when I get home, because I'm at the office now on the worlds slowest computer *sighs*
She/her.
Solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant

Black Númenórean
Don't see why not! Normally I might say out of an abundance of caution tagging Findy to ask her might be the way to go but it looks like she hasn't logged on since the end of October. And it's not like you're changing the OP or making any changes that affect others (unless they want to play in your storyline).
Evil is a lifestyle | she/her

New Soul
@A Good Wife , it seems like there was a difference indeed between the Library and the Hall of Books I was asking about! I would like to see you mix the presented ideas up to create something wholly new :smooch: Also, perhaps we can devise what the Hall of Books is in the Northern Fiefdoms now that things are changing? Beren's mother, Maira Camlost is a scholar, so I'm wondering how she can be of some use either in the Library or in the Hall of Books.

Balrog
@A Good Wife, I certainly don't see any issues with combining the two. It seems like its the difference between a library and an archive, but it seems feasible that they'd be working in tandem with one another or at the very least run by the same group of people/library Maia. I agree with Moriel that tagging Findy out of caution might be in order but for now I think it's an idea to run with.
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Chief Counsellor of Gondor
Only thing I can say is that if you’re altering the Library thread’s Opening post, so that it’s now located on a different circle, don’t forget to also have this change edited into the opening post of the Northern Fiefdoms thread, where it lists where each type of establishment etc can be found in the city. :wink:
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost
The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not touched by the frost.

Ent Ancient
I have zero problems with changing anything especially if you're inspired! 

I had to break this down because I got a little confused. It looks like there are three places being discussed -
1) The Hall of Books in the Fifth Circle (Northern Fiefdoms Thread) = an archive?? or a guildhall?? (I'm asking because I don't know, it seems like all the "Halls of" are maybe guilds?)
2) The current Library thread in the Second Circle
3) The archived library thread in the Third Circle Nessa kindly linked us to

Did you want to merge the two library threads/settings? If so, I really like this idea! I like the description in the old thread's interior although I admit I'm a fan of the fancier exterior. It seems sensible for the library to be connected with a (less accessible, more protected) archive located elsewhere (Hall of Books)?
Anyway, I don't see a problem with merging the two library settings in your post. I suppose another option would be to start a new library thread but I am unsure on the etiquette of these things.

Because I was curious, I did some searching for anything that might help us. There is no explicit mention of a library in MT in LotR that I could find and only a mention of the Steward's archives in Unfinished Tales, Part IV, III The Palantiri -

Saruman "gained the favor of the Stewards" and "in the archives of Minas Tirith he may be assumed to have learned much about the palantiri of Gondor". It also states that Denethor "having long studied the matter of the palantiri and the traditions regarding them and their use preserved in the special archives of the Stewards"

err *looks up* sorry I went a little Gondorian ( :winkkiss: ) there and wrote a lot.

New Soul
Regarding "Rynd Permaith Gwain and Rynd Permaith Iaur" I see in your post above , @A Good Wife , I wanted to let you know I see the same words in "The College of the Spoken Word: Run by the Sages' Fellowship, this college is a place of education and often members explore the Rynd Permaith and Rynd Permaith Iaur" in the Northern Fiefdoms OP. I hope this is beneficial in working out your plans :smooch: .

@Lailfileg , if the Hall of Books is a Guildhall, would it consists of writers and bookbinders 📖? Cassie mentioned that the OP should be edited to reflect any changes. If there's to be the Steward's Archives maybe that should be located within the Library itself rather than set apart in the Hall of Books which has a seperate name? It could be one of the alterations of the OP if decided.

New Soul
Thank you everyone for your kind comments and feedback. :smooch: :grouphug: When I asked the question I was on the worlds slowest computer that froze after I typed every other word, so the post looks a bit erm deranged :lol: However I'm on my laptop now with about a million things open so let's get cracking...

First of all, I don't think I was clear enough in my post. I didn't want to change the location of the library or @Finduilas Faelivrin opening post. I was thinking more about adding some of the descriptions in the opening post from that old archived Library thread, like an addendum to everything Findy wrote, such as the description of the building itself and how to refer IC to Tolkien's works because that sounded interesting and it might be helpful to people who like more detailed descriptions because it helps them with their writing...

I'd adapt and edit things a bit so they fit with how the Library thread on the NuPlaza is set up. For example, the Library would just be the Library, not an archive. Here's my reasoning for it. The Archivo di Stato, sorry the Kingdom archives (my mind went to the Republic of Venice :lol: ) and all the official documents related to the Kingdom of Gondor, and the Reunited Kingdom would be housed in the Tower of Echtelion on the 7th circle because that's where the seat of government is and where all the civil servants/scribes/notaries work. It would be highly unlikely if the scribes or a runner constantly needed to go from the 7th circle to the 2nd to fetch a state-related document from when one is needed. @Lailfileg thank you for pointing out the Steward's archives, that probably where both Gandalf and Saruman looked for information about the One Ring :smooch:

However, the Library on the 2nd circle could still function as an archive, but in this case as an archive of the city of Minas Tirith. I've been reading a bit on the foundation of Minas Tirith for the Ab urbe condita idea I had and I keep forgetting that Minas Tirith wasn't always the seat of power nor did kings always reside there. But cities need their own archives too because some form of administration always exist and they need to keep and store records. Perhaps at one point, they move the archive from the City Hall to the Library, because they need the space in the City Hall... Apologies, I'm on a historical musing trip here. This is neither here nor there :embarrassed: What I'm trying to say is the separation of Library from Archive :lol: because those two serve a different function.

Regarding my librarian plot (finally, we get to the point of why I'm asking something, praise be! :lol: ) the library building itself is not what's important to me, it's the back of the building that matters for the plot. Let me show you an extract of the upcoming post, so maybe that will be better than me rambling about this.
The Library of Minas Tirith, the antique white-coloured stronghold of knowledge, stood for millennia tucked away in a quiet end of the Second circle. One could even say that parts of the building were carved into the very mountain upon which the alabaster city leaned on and not be entirely mistaken. There were twisting passages leading from the main building, the only structure the public saw and knew about, pathways that were carved out of the living rock, built, shaped and strengthened over millennia of the city’s existence. The narrow shoulder of Amon Tirith, the Hill of Guard, did not only guard the city of ivory and alabaster, but it also defended the very Heart of the Library; the heavily warded bone-coloured structure that housed one of the most uncanny collections left in Middle Earth
I worked with the description in the Library OP, but in case the description of where I imagined and needed the library to be to suit my story purposes here's an image that I made. The huge red dot is where I imagined the library to be because I need the mountain for the above-mentioned purpose :lol: that will connect many stories that others already did and those I'm planning to do with folks (looking at you here @Moriel @Call of Cthulhu @Lailfileg @Tharmáras :mwahaha: )

Would the location I pointed out be plausible/OK with everyone? Not just for my work, because I will write more about Lady Hellebore and the Library (at some point) and she will appear and has appeared in some of my posts. And would everyone be alright with the addendums to the Library thread OP? I hope I was a bit clearer now that I'm on an actual functioning computer. Or I just managed to confuse the living daylights out of you :googly:
She/her.

Black Númenórean
@A Good Wife Completely apart from the discussion of content, if you do want to potentially alter Findy's OP or replace her thread with a new one, please refer to section 2 of the RP CoC :smooch:

New Soul
@Moriel - thanks for linking to that :smooch: Since Findy isn't on the Plaza much, I think she mentioned health reasons a few months ago, I wanted to ask everyone's opinion about this here since the idea seemed interesting enough to warrant a discussion. :nod: I certainly wouldn't fiddle with anyone's work without asking and checking 5 times if it's ok and are you sure it's ok, can I have that in writing in triplicate, please? :lol:
She/her.

Black Númenórean
Oh absolutely, love the discussion that is taking place! Just wanted to make sure you know that reaching out to Findy to try and get her go ahead will be necessary before an admin can modify the OP for you, if that's your end goal. I haven't seen her on the discord in a long time but she does exist there, so that might be an option for trying to reach her.

New Soul
I'd first like to see what other people think about this :nod: because this is our sandbox :nod: where we all play and write and have fun, and I'd like for everyone to have a say in the matter, not just me being Oh hi I have a "brilliant" idea! Here's an essay for you why should we do this! :rofl:
She/her.

Ent Ancient
@Tharmáras - re Hall of Books - oh I’m really not sure, that was just my own initial interpretation. I thought it could be writers, bookbinders, scribes and scholars. I just re-read the Northern Fiefdoms OP and I see there is the Quill and Inkpot which appears to be the Scribes' Guildhall so cross out the scribes from my list.

Since no one has done anything with the Hall of Books yet and there is no description in the OP, to me, that means you’re free to make it your own! I am not at all invested in the guild idea and have no plans to do anything there. I'd love to see what you decide to do.

Nessa, I understand much better now! Thank you so much for clarifying and I’m really sorry if I complicated or confused things with my questions/comments. :embarrassed: If anything I ever say doesn’t make sense, please ask/let me know. :thumbs:

I think it is fine to expand on the library, including portions from (or inspired by) the old thread. As you said, it might also inspire others.

I love the snippet of your post (can’t wait to see the full thing) and I love the location of the library by the mountain which provides the opportunity for secret chambers (and, I hope, some more suspicious events as the library is becoming the crime capital of the city!).

@Moriel - Thank you!! See, I knew there was some kind of etiquette for changing/starting a new thread and it turns out it was right there in the CoC all along. *facepalm*

Will this actually require an edit of the library OP? From what you’ve said, it seems to fit just fine.

New Soul
For @Tharmáras @Lailfileg I think your riddle about the Hall of Books could be solved with this post by our very own @Pele Alarion :smooch: as the ever lovely Faramir <3

P.S. Lail, actually you pointing out the Steward's archive was really helpful because I made the connection with the White Tower of Echtelion :smooch: and your comments are always insightful *hugs*
She/her.

New Soul
@A Good Wife :smooch: , you have found quite a few glittering jewels today in the Way Back Machine! I'm thankful you've taken the time to scour it for creative ideas forged in olden days. I'm saving that thread and pinning the Dol Amroth and Harlond threads you gave me on Discord ! @Ercassie :winkkiss: , Nessa found On A Clear Day from Moriel we can use as reference http://web.archive.org/web/201503211043 ... ar-Day-RPG :grin: ! This is another forum page we can search http://web.archive.org/web/201304241051 ... Dol-Amroth :smooch: .

@Lailfileg thank you for showing me that thread :smooch: ! I see a couple descriptions for the Hall of Books and the Rogues Fellowship: "The Rynd Permaith [S."Halls of Books"] are one of Minas Tirith's greatest treasures. Between ethem, they hold nearly 525,000 books - together with innumerable scrolls, notes, etched tablets, engravings, painted bark strips, woven txts from the east, and other artifacts bearing words from every language in Middle-earth spoken where the Dunedain have penetrated." / "The Rogues Fellowship: A mysterious merchant Guildhall among the halls of many houses, is home to the Rogues' Fellowship. Headed by key figures in places of influence throughout the city, and often members of other Fellowships, this one is set up in mockery of those. It is an organised Thieves' Guild and deals in all manner of crime, from larceny, racketeering to smuggling. The highest levels of the Guildhall deal with the more serious criminal enterprises, the lowest levels are home to files and muggers. There are secret underground entrances into the building from nearby residencies, which lead into it's basement and cellars. A man named Maldred is head of the Rogues Fellowship at this time, but he is known on the streets and to the Fellowship as the Distinguished Gentleman or simply as the Good Gent. Few people know his true identity."

Beren will definitely NOT be joining that villainous guild :rofl: ! Nessa did suggest he should show up there by mistake and realize too late he's made a mistake :rofl: . It'll make a great humorous Tower Guard story :rofl: . Wonderful. We now have a Beren Trilogy so far for the TG: The Undertaker's Daughter, A Study in Ivory, and The Wrong Place. Have to add that to my Gondor RP List :encore: .

I'm am overjoyed right now. Thanks, ladies! :grouphug:

*Returns to writing Ossë in the Imladris Forum*
Last edited by Eriol on Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Soul
@Tharmáras - 'twas a pleasure :winkkiss: I'm always fascinated by the things I find when I go hunting there :lol: By the by The Wrong Place story could possibly include Beren in a dress? :grin: Since he's already in the wrong place, he might as well be in the "wrong" clothing :rofl:
She/her.

New Soul
You, Moriel, and Frost are so hooked on the Crossdressing Bear thing :rofl: . If I cave :rasp: :lol: I will most likely tie it in somehow in somehow in a sensible yet absurdly comical way :rofl: .

Balrog
I think crossdressing in an outdated term that has some negative stigma (that might just be me and if so I retract that part). Think of it more as broadening Bear's horizons, giving him insight into the minds of others and more empathy :lol:
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

New Soul
Tharmáras wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:14 pmYou, Moriel, and Frost are so hooked on the Crossdressing Bear thing :rofl: .
Might I suggest a trip to the House of Lace as described in this lovely guide? Bear can drop in for fitting after his visit to the Houses of Healing and on his way to the barracks because lo and behold everything is in the same circle :rofl: You are most welcome :smooch:
She/her.

New Soul
Your Ranger and Beren need to hang out, @Call of Cthulhu , so Beren can tell him all that while dressed in a petticoat :rofl: .

@A Good Wife Beren visits the ladies at the House of Lace for obvious reasons anyway...which have nothing to do with buying skirts for himself. :rofl:

New Soul
Tharmáras wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:05 pm@A Good Wife Beren visits the ladies at the House of Lace for obvious reasons anyway...which have nothing to do with buying skirts for himself. :rofl:
I do wonder when does he find the time to bond with his son and daughter, solve cases, go to therapy in the midst of all that skirt-chasing he does :rofl: Poor Nal, he might be regretting his life choices now :lol:
She/her.

New Soul
Nal's love of of Beren's adventurous stories keeps him entertained :nod: . We'll see their late-night talks concerning Beren's thrilling battle stories sometime in the Commons :hobbyhorse: .

Beren has a busy calendar, yes, and skirt-chasing is finished by 7 PM. On weekdays :wink: .

Ent Ancient
Ah the mystery of the Hall of Books is solved! Nicely done! @Tharmáras you tagged me in your post but it was not me with the link, Nessa deserves the credit for her hard work! :winkkiss:

I'm glad the quote was helpful, Nessa. :thumbs: I might tend towards a make-it-up-as-I-go-attitude with only the thinnest of plans in mind when RPing, but I really admire and appreciate all the careful research and effort you put into your writing and for being so open to feedback and discussion. :smooch:

Balrog
Tharmáras wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:05 pm Your Ranger and Beren need to hang out, @Call of Cthulhu , so Beren can tell him all that while dressed in a petticoat :rofl: .
Caladcyll, dressed in a kilt as Beren begins extolling the virtues of the dress, nods along. :lol:

If he survives whatever terrors await us in the RPG, I think we should arrange this (of course that doesn't mean they can't do something incredibly dumb on the mission as well).

New Soul
I'm glad I'm not the only one using a kilt-wearer in RP, @Call of Cthulhu :headbang: ! If you read my Jamie character (Modelled after the Outlander protagonist) in AoA: Mantle of Darkness, he's wearing a kilt as well :encore: ! Think I added a sporran too.

They're bound to do something dumb with Beren as his buddy :rofl: . Right now he's being smart in the last post so we'll see how it goes there :googly:

High Warden of Tower
@A Good Wife Where'd you dig that thread out from? lol... I borrowed Naith's work, so I can just shrug shoulders if anyone asks questions about that post.

New Soul
Pele Alarion wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:14 am@A Good Wife Where'd you dig that thread out from? lol... I borrowed Naith's work, so I can just shrug shoulders if anyone asks questions about that post.
I was curious about the descriptions used in the old Library thread :nod: so I went hunting and stumbled upon it. Thought I'd link it here since some locations and their descriptions might help people with RP ideas. :winkkiss:
She/her.

Khazad Elder
Does anyone in this Great Land or any other land in Middle-earth, wish to have a game of Word Sleuth, RP style? I have come up with a theme, but if the time is not right for a game it can be tucked away and used another day.

Any ideas and help (GM) on the RP part would be much appreciated if this were to take place. :smile:

I will post what I have so far here, but remove it when I get some input so as not to clutter this thread. I have just as much fun creating the OP as I do actually participating. :nod:

So basically who ever plays would be participate in the organizing, traveling, gathering and return trip.
The actual Word Sleuth play post would be separate (not part of the RP) . The only part Word Sleuth would play in the RP, would be bonus words.
I will have a list of bonus words relating to the theme. If someone RPs one of these words for example they would get a bonus.: dig or hoe or plant
The storyline would follow the game play, so that when the match was nearing an end, so would the RP.

What do you think? Thanks! :grin:
Last edited by Drifa on Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

High Warden of Tower
*is lured out of hiding by the mention of Word Sleuth* Ooooooh, @Drifa I would definitely be interested in playing and might be able to help with some GMing if you need that? :grin:

Balrog
I am a terrible word sleuth player (despite loving it so much) so I won't be much help to anyone in that regard, however, the idea of integrating RPing into the game is highly intriguing. In that regard @Drifa, were you looking for a silly, random style, or a more serious, canon-centric style?

Khazad Elder
Hi ho Pele and Call of Cthulhu (my husband is actually thinking of getting a tattoo based on this giant octopus/dragon/human Lovecraftian creature. :thumbs: )

A GM is basically what I am looking for. I do not mind doing the updates etc., but it would be really nice to have someone who knew what they were doing (not much of an RPer, am I) running the RP. As to the seriousness of the RP, I feel that it can be a jovial quest with, as you said Call of Cthulhu, a 'canon-centric style'. Have either one of you been to Gondor’s vale of flowers? :smile: Lossarnach 'A vale in the White Mountains directly to the southwest of Minas Tirith, around the sources of the rivers Celos, Sirith and Erui.'

I will post some details about the Word Sleuth part tomorrow. It is quite easy to play, right Pele ?

High Warden of Tower
@Drifa What do you mean - not much of an RPer. You did quite well in KD! :lol: As long as it is clear how and what needs to be done, I'd gladly help out. Lossarnach is where Pele's family lives, so sorta kinda been there. :grin:

Khazad Elder
Thanks @Pele Alarion ! :smooch: I am glad to hear that. Those posts I wrote in KD took me hours to write, and they were probably less than 1000 characters :googly:. That is what I mean by 'not much of an RPer,' I guess. I find it difficult. And, I don't have time due to RL right now, unfortunately, to spend hours writing up Dwarfy posts. :grin: Man I get a little intimidated by all the wonderful talent here in Gondor and the Plaza in general. We have so many fantastically talented, creative writers in this community. It is awesome! :thumbs:

Having said that, I do know that one must keep on trying and learning and practicing- it is the only way to get better. That is why I would like someone more seasoned to take the RP part of the game so I can learn, and I will concentrate on the updating and Word Sleuth part. I enjoy hosting Word Sleuth, and if it can become a part of the plaza RP, all the better. I always imagined WS traveling around Middle-earth and taking on different themes in the different Kingdoms. :smile:
Last edited by Drifa on Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The world was fair in Durin's Day

High Warden of Tower
@Drifa 4th Age it is, and Mario Bros would be highly unlikely, haha. I figure a separate OOC thread might be rather useful, though not sure it is worth making one only for sign-ups. Perhaps it all can go in WS thread directly, also the discussion on teams/individual and such?

Khazad Elder
Sounds like a plan , @Pele Alarion . Those were my intentions. I was just asking if anyone saw something I had missed. :smile: I will get it up and running this weekend.

High Warden of Tower
Reporting in!

1. Yay, RP!
2. Hidden sounds good.
3. I don't mind either.
4. One or the other... or both? :lol:
5. Suppose there wouldn't be too many OOC things after sign-ups, no? Might just do with one thread.

Balrog
Frost, though probably not Frost, reporting in!

1. Character expansion possibilities? Sign me up

2. Hidden is a good option, creating a discord group(s) for the purposes of the game could be advantageous as well

3. Groups, purely because going individuals could bog things down, slow it up, and stretch the WS portion of the game

4. 48 hours would likely be best

5. I always like the idea of using the kingdom's OOC thread rather than create a brand new OOC thread for the games, and I like keeping the actual game thread nice and clean unless it's really important

Khazad Elder
*waves* Nice to see you!

Not sure how Discord works. It may be advantageous for team play. Back in the day we had private planning threads to discuss, plot and gossip about what the other team was wearing. :grin: I see no problem with using Discord.

If you can field a team by all means go for it. The more the merrier.

I think it may depend on how many participants we get. But, yeah, I like 48 hours too.

And yes the Kingdoms OOC thread is the ticket. Weren't we just in there, hahaha.. Maybe a kind admin can move these post in there once the game begins.

I am going to let the sign ups run for the week and see if we can't lure more in. I got this cake for bait. Do you have any luring techniques :grin:

3-layer 6" round red velvet cake with cream cheese icing/filling, covered in fondant, with royal icing decorations.
Tree of Gondor on top, representing Aragorn, and Arwen's message around the top:
" I would rather share one lifetime with you than face all the ages of this world alone." Elven written around the side, like the One Ring.

Balrog
luring techniques? I usually threaten torture and maiming unless my will is enacted, or emotional manipulation and guilt-tripping. Those are a minion's bread and butter

Black Númenórean
I shall join this quest!

I like hidden letters and groups (if logistically feasible), 48 hours sounds like a good cadence for updates, and using the MT OOC thread makes sense once we get started (also I'd be happy to help move posts when you're ready @Afird Splitax!)
she/her | Esta tierra no es mía, soy de la nocheósfera.

Khazad Elder
Torture, maiming, what ever works. I am not incapable of turning a shortsighted eye.

Hi Tara! Wonderful to see you and yes I will let you know, thank you!

High Lord of Imladris
*tumbles in and land on her rump*

OKAY WORD SLUETH IT IS this is scrabble right... I'm not going insane and gonna have to find lore right???

1. I approve, Fuin MAY be replaced by some raccoons attempting to steal things but I'll probably have Fuin here after all she is recently healing here so would make sense and I want to RP more in different kingdoms.

2. Hidden for sure. I'm also good with discord.

3. Teams (right now of two I suppose since I tumbled in)

4. 48 is probably best unless you do 48 or until team has played

5.Kingdom OOC is fine by me.

ALSO it was totally the cake that did it. :lol:

Black Númenórean
I am in and will do my best to keep up!

1. WOO!
2. Hidden’s find by me
3. I’m inclined to say individual just because I am worried about keeping up :googly: but if everyone else wants teams, I’m in
4. 48 hours please
5. I like the tidiness of a separate OOC but also don’t object to being overruled by the masses

Khazad Elder
Yay! Good to see you, Fuin and Moriel! I knew that cake was too good to resist. :lol:

1. So happy everyone likes the RP edition of the game. It's been a dream of mine since way back when the Regions began. :thumbs:

2. Hidden tiles. :thumbs:

3. If we can get one more participant, teams can truly be an option. The great thing about teams is that , if you can't keep up, your teammate is there for you. A few more days until the weekend and then we can decide.

4. I like 48 hours. :thumbs:

5. Tidiness. I like , I like. :thumbs:

Ent Ancient
Never played Word Sleuth, I'll give it a try! That cake looks delicious..treats work for enticing me. :smile:

1. Yes RP!
2. Hidden or not, no opinion.
3. Teams!
4. 48 hours.
5. Prefer OOC in game thread or in MT OOC thread, but really doesn't matter that much.

Khazad Elder
Welcome Lailyn! Nice to see you! You make our count an even 6 which means teams are a possibility. If everyone is keen on teams, here is what I came up with.

Beginning with Pele, I gave each of you a letter starting with the A and descending to the F. I placed these letter tiles into my dwarf-hood and pulled out the following combinations:

Teams
@Pele Alarion and @Call of Cthulhu
@Fuin Elda and @Moriel
@Tarawen and @Lailyn

Are we good to go?

High Warden of Tower
Looks excellent! :thumbs:

High Lord of Imladris
Let's do this.