Minas Tirith City Hall (OOC)

Seven Stars and Seven Stones and One White Tree.
New Soul
Hope remains eternal fair dragon lady! :lol: :smooch:
She/her.
Solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant

Master Torturer
I have none, there is no hope in Mordor.. :P

Black Númenórean
A Good Wife wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:08 am
The King in Yellow wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:15 amKeep them away from the room with the Necronomicon in it
*bangs The Gavel of Canon Law* The Necronomicon is now officially a part of the NuPlaza Tolkien canon. :grin: *Alexa play Sinnerman from Lovecraft Country*

Although many dispute its existence, others believe it is real and still in Middle Earth. The authorship of the book is shrouded in mystery. Some say it was written by a Mad Noldo, possibly Fëanor himself, but more likely by one of his sons. Others claim that the book was written by the Necromancer himself, or the Witch-king of Angmar... Few now living know the truth
*Sombelenë peers around the corner* :mwahaha:
Evil is a lifestyle | she/her

Balrog
:mwahaha: We are very pleased with the development!

Now for the story of how the flying fredegar a copy ends up in the Minas Tirith library
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

New Soul
The King in Yellow wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:25 pmNow for the story of how the flying fredegar a copy ends up in the Minas Tirith library
*cough* the original *cough* :mwahaha: and how we can involve Frost in a quest to retrieve it :mwahaha: Perhaps it starts with leaving a nice corpse in front of the Library instead of flowers :mwahaha: :rofl:
She/her.

Black Númenórean
Ooo, another little quest for him once he's proven himself with his current theft :whip:

Balrog
so many quests! so many thefts! :rofl: although if Sombelenë is involved though, he's going to be getting the book away from the library and back into his tutor's hands
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

New Soul
:lol: Frost as an anti-Indiana Jones breaking into the Minas Tirith Library to steal a mad and dangerous book that was appropriated from his tutor in the ages passed! We shall be lucky if the Library is left standing after that epic adventure! :lol: I love it! <3
She/her.

New Soul
Frost may be an anti-Indiana Jones who breaks into the Minas Tirith Library :lol: but Beren is an Indiana Jones archetype who tries bringing an artifact to where it should be or saving them from villains (in an upcoming Eastern adventure with Nessa). Speaking of Indy, the model for Beren's father - storied Ranger turned cattleman, Belemund Camlost of Pelennor - is Harrison Ford :grin: :whip: .

Marination is worth waiting for, @Winddancer :lol: :smooch: .

I got one Gondorian post made tonight here, finally. Many more to come...setting a goal to get through half, reaching The Ward, during the first week of March :encore: .
"Eriol... 'One who dreams alone.' ” - Tolkien, The Book of Lost Tales I

New Soul
Tharmáras wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:34 am Frost may be an anti-Indiana Jones who breaks into the Minas Tirith Library :lol: but Beren is an Indiana Jones archetype who tries bringing an artifact to where it should be or saving them from villains (in an upcoming Eastern adventure with Nessa).
Indiana Jones is not exactly the person this Eastern Audacy/adventure/quest/thing needs, but I have invoked his name so it's my own darn fault :tongue: :lol:

*sighs* I suppose now is a good time and this would be a good place to outline some of my plans for that story (under the tentative title The Footsteps of History). But first, we need an introduction. :lol: For The Footsteps of History to even start (and that story will take place a few years after the current timeline in Gondor), I first need to write The Past is a Foreign Country - a story of Iskandar al-Samarkandi and the fall of Samarkand in 2999 T.A. that will most likely be posted in the World Beyond thread. It currently has 4 chapters loosely outlined: Chapter 1 - The Golden Peaches of Samarkand - focusing on Iskandar's life from childhood to his early 20s and will most likely talk about the Wars of the Far Range (mentioned in Iskandar's post in the Northern Fiefdoms). Chapter 2 - Heeding the Call - will focus on the Lady Hellebore, the Maiar Librarian of Minas Tirith, who was mentioned in Iskandar's first post and how and why she left Minas Tirith to come to Samarkand. Chapter 3 - Samarkand's Last Gleaming - a month in Samarkand before its fall, bargains are struck, oaths given... Chapter 4. The Fall of Samarkand - does what it says in the title.

I am a one woman turtle research and writer team :lol: so this will take time. So you have plenty of time to develop Beren, have lots of adventures, character growth and other fun stuff. Oh and if anyone else wants to join in my mad and megalomanic plotting tributes to the medieval Muslim world please feel free too :smooch:

And like I don't have enough plotting and working and writing and living to do, this morning my brain came up with another megalomanic plot for Lady Hellebore and how she gained the title of the Librarian of Minas Tirith. The heading is of course Ab Urbe condita and starts with the foundation of Minas Tirith in S.A. 3320. Can someone please shut down this idiotic part of my brain so I can actually get shire done :lol:
She/her.

High Warden of Tower
*does a quick scan through all the posts* Too much reading... :moon:

But at least it seems that some of all those plots might materialise in due time.

And now I better get out of here real quick...

Master Torturer
You know, they could have had like 2 posts written with all the posting they have been doing here :P :lol:

New Soul
:lol: Have we met? :lol: Don't know about other folks, but my excuse is that I'm a one-woman turtle research and writer team. :lol:
She/her.

Master Torturer
Need a torturer in Gondor.. that can get things moving along..

New Soul
Don't you like live in Minas Tirith's dungeon anyway Windy? :lol: You can have the mantle of Gondor's Igor :lol:
She/her.

Chief Counsellor of Gondor
Winddancer wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:02 pm Need a torturer in Gondor.. that can get things moving along..
@Winddancer, didn’t you already answer that vacancy ? :tongue:
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost
The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not touched by the frost.

High Warden of Tower
You people will just have to deal with my occasional nagging fits and bored eye rolls. :lol: I prefer the moment of surprise in a fast-paced interaction without too much planning.

Master Torturer
Pft, y'all obviously arent reading MY story, are you now :P WD ain't in Gondor anymore :P She escaped a while ago, thanks to Frost! (throws him under the bus, sorry not sorry)

And with Pele on this, too much planning kills it for me, I need to get going and let the story evolve naturally, let the character decide what needs to be done (cause they make up their own damn minds anyway!)

But I get that it is not for all, so more power to you. But I might crack the whip all the same :P :whip:

Winddancer wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:27 pmI might crack the whip all the same :P :whip:
Point proven. :wink:
The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not touched by the frost.

Balrog
Winddancer wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:27 pm Pft, y'all obviously arent reading MY story, are you now :P WD ain't in Gondor anymore :P She escaped a while ago, thanks to Frost! (throws him under the bus, sorry not sorry)
:lol: Nice Windy! Though yes, someone needs to find poor Cordin’s cockroach eaten body and figure out that WD escaped

New Soul
*looks at all those Rangers around, thinks who could have been there during the War* :lol: *continues to look at all of those Rangers around* Just sayin' :tongue:
She/her.

I just figured it was your private RP set in the past. :shrug:

Master Torturer
They never knew who they had in custody.. *shakes head* It is in the past, like a month after the battle at Pelennor fields. Seeing as no one really signed up for the guards, couldnt really rp that myself lol. If anyone wants to do the aftermath of finding all those corpses, feel free to! You have free reigns as nobody has claimed to be in charge of the Dungeons now, so it could be whomever.

@Ercassie Nobody listens to my whip cracking here! Pft..

High Warden of Tower
A Good Wife wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:30 pm *looks at all those Rangers around, thinks who could have been there during the War* :lol: *continues to look at all of those Rangers around* Just sayin' :tongue:
Pele was... 'vacationing'... in Umbar and was not in Minas Tirith at the time. Else might consider it. And where do you see all the Rangers, it's just like a couple of them in here. :lol: *sets out honey cake to lure some more in*

A Good Wife wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:30 pm *looks at all those Rangers around, thinks who could have been there during the War* :lol: *continues to look at all of those Rangers around* Just sayin' :tongue:
All these Rangers ? Where are ‘all these Rangers ?’ They’re mostly inactive. Is the thing. :confused:

ERCASSIE EDIT : Simul Pele ! :lol:

High Warden of Tower
:rofl: Two Rangers of a similar mind? I really don't want to poke people too much, else could tag everyone on Discord again.

New Soul
*points at above posts* quod erat demonstrandum. :rofl: I rest my case.
She/her.

Balrog
Well the magic of the Plaza is... time travel! Because it wasn't resolved "on screen" we can always go back and play it out with the people available now. You can don't even have to use your main PCs, do what I did and create a throw away that you can use in a quick pinch

But but ... the list !!! *trembles in despair* See, joining new opportunities before I’ve concluded all the plates already spinning is how I have so many plates already spinning ! :facepalm: :brickwall:

Master Torturer
Call of Cthulhu wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:59 pm Well the magic of the Plaza is... time travel! Because it wasn't resolved "on screen" we can always go back and play it out with the people available now. You can don't even have to use your main PCs, do what I did and create a throw away that you can use in a quick pinch
What he said! <3

Balrog
Ercassie wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:02 pm But but ... the list !!! *trembles in despair* See, joining new opportunities before I’ve concluded all the plates already spinning is how I have so many plates already spinning ! :facepalm: :brickwall:
Darling, darling we all have entire china cabinets in the air... what's one more little teacup?

Okay then, I’ll add it to my list. Which is currently at least twice as long as @Tharmáras’s list and I’m currently trying to work on the six AOA posts which were due last august. :embarrassed:

Since Winddancer is already long gone and Corbin is already dead, there’s no real hurry, right ? :tongue:

Black Númenórean
Wait wait wait something else to jump into?? :party: While now that I know this is a thing I'll have to go back and read up on what's going on...

*closes cabinet doors on all the to-do posts falling out* :moon: Nothing to see here

Master Torturer
No hurry at all! Except for the smell..

They’re dungeons. They’re meant to smell. :grin:

But if @Moriel is keen to jump on it and will likely get there before me, I humbly concede to her superior skills of punctuality. :winkkiss:

Master Torturer
Dont have to limit yourself to 1 person. Several were killed :P

Bolton: In charge of the Dungeons is lying dead in the office. Completely eviscerated. He is the smell you need to worry about :P (Killed and eaten by Cordin)
Cordin: The one who allowed WD to escape, dead in the dungeons. (Killed by WD)
Ooops one more unnamed guard apparently :P (Killed by Cordin)
Unnamed Guard 1: Dead and hidden further away in the back of the dungeons. (Killed by WD)
Unnamed Guard 2: Dead, lying close to where Cordin is. (Killed by Cordin)
At least 2 more dead when she fled MT, and a few critically wounded. So there are live witnesses to who escaped.

And that is not counting the mess that happened in HoH :P

Anyone can play an npc or their main character dealing with this or maybe related to those affected. Nothing is official, other than she managed to escape. Everything else can be explored by whoever wants to use it in their rp's, or mention it in their own <3

That many bodies, I’ll send in my undertaker to clean up after it’s all been suitably investigated by someone with more time on their hands. Because you know, there was a war and all. Undertaker has a longer list to get through than I do. :grin:

Balrog
Haha! I forgot Cordin killed the two guards too! he went on quite a spree did that mad lad

Master Torturer
:lol: Yea we went a lil crazy.. :P

New Soul
A small housekeeping note from me to all the people I owe posts to (at this point everyone in Gondor :googly: ).

As you probably noticed Phase 2 of the ARPYS has just started and yours truly is currently working hard behind the scenes on that, so posts will not only be turtle slow, they will be glacial slow. Sorry! :embarrassed: The one-woman turtle researcher and writer apologises, but this is what happens when people ask you do you want to do this and you just enthusiastically say yes and then someday (the day you thought might never come) someone calls upon you to do a service for them. :lol:

Yes, much OOC drama to say sorry I'm a turtle and late and sorry I'm a glacier and I'll be even later! :flail:
She/her.

Balrog
We still love you @A Good Wife! Take all the time you need and don't listen to the voice or voices that tell you that you need to hurry up and write. We're a patient lot (by and large) and besides, you're just building anticipation :lol:

New Soul
Wow, I leave for a few hours to work in RL and missed the festive party here :rofl: .

My Gondor list is not as long as @Ercassie :lol: :winkkiss: (hey, I finished a post last evening here and one in Inladris, just saying 😎 :encore: ) but I still have a lot to do in the Gaol with her, including something private there (about Hattie's abuser who is more than what he seems, connected to lawlessness elsewhere). Also I have two Missions coming up for the Tower Guard. Beren was in Belfalas with Sanya for a week and returned to a Wethrin Island afterwards back when the incident in discussion occurred so he wouldn't be available to investigate. Gonna have to sit that one out but I'll be reading! 😁

Ent Ancient
Forget the dead bodies, someone abused Hattie? I missed this WHERE ARE THEY I WILL BEAT THEM TO A PULP!!!!

New Soul
Made my night, @Lailyn 🤣! It seems that there is a growing number of Hattie fans in Gondor 🤣😁! @Ercassie created the idea that Hattie was gonna be drowned and rescued by Nal & Beren. I devised the jerk owner, Angol. Beren and Sanya are about to have a chat with him in the Gaol. He'll be in the Court thread, accusing Beren and Nal of stealing his dog 🤬. Angol will be a fixture in Gondor like Bill Ferny in Bree. His name means "Stench" in Sindarin :rofl: .

Ent Ancient
:cry: for poor Hattie. I am glad she is being rescued! <3

New Soul
She might not always be safe but the Good Girl will always be protected, we promise :smooch:

Do character bios count on the list? Because I have have probably twenty to make for Gondor :googly: :rofl: .

Balrog
@Tharmáras It sounds like you desperately need a character archive! :lol:

New Soul
It's in the making with someone, @Call of Cthulhu :nod: !

Not sure when we'll unveil it but we've started devising the vault for the Cottage in recent days. :encore:

Ent Ancient
Good, my heart could not take it otherwise!

Balrog
Tharmáras wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:13 am It's in the making with someone, @Call of Cthulhu :nod: !

Not sure when we'll unveil it but we've started devising the vault for the Cottage in recent days. :encore:
Excellent, excellent! :mwahaha: this way I don't have to pester you about Beren or Aig or Earen or any other character we happen to use to interact with each other