Shuttlecraft Racing {Halloween Game!}

Seven Stars and Seven Stones and One White Tree.
Black Númenórean

SHUTTLECRAFT RACING

What does everyone in the galaxy do when they have too much time on their hands, and silly overdeveloped technical skills? That's right, modify racing shuttlepods!!! A little ways off from Deeps Space 9 (but not so far that the inhabitants of the station can't watch), a racecourse has been set up in space! Marked with flashing beacons, it describes a huge oval, around which the intrepid pilots must race at top speed in the hope of winning glory for themselves, and whatever organization of species they might represent!

How it Works

The announcer (Neelix, played by the TR) will roll dice for your moves, all you have to do is choose A or B and then describe what the announcer tells you.

A = Move Rolls: If you choose A, you will get to move around the 50-space board we’ve set up. To determine how far you move, the announcer will roll a 6-sided die. Even rolls move you forwards, odd rolls move you backwards, in the number of spaces shown on the die.

B = Action Rolls: Choosing B means the announcer rolls a 20-sided dice with either a heftier space move forward, or some action will need to perform (dodging a meteor, dealing with Kazon raiders, etc.) There is a pre-determined list set up already with 12 actions, plus 8 chances to move ahead extra spaces. There are no backwards moves on the B roll!

Once the announcer tells you what your roll produced, you post describing your next move in reaction to it! At the end of your post, you then choose A or B, for the next round.

There will be ten rounds, and whichever shuttle is farthest ahead after the ten turns will win! If one or more craft manage to complete the course, they will place in the order they crossed.

Spectators are permitted to post and comment, heckle, place bets, etc. You may be aboard DS9, or a ship of your choosing nearby.
Racers may use their comm systems to heckle each other!

Signup and Update Periods
There will be a five day signup period before the race begins, and updates will be every 48 hours! If you come in after initial signup period, you may still join at any time by RP your craft's entry to the racecourse and hurrying into the fray, but you will only get as many turns as are left in the game.

To sign up, RP your entrance to the starting line, and tell us about yourself, your shuttle, and the shuttle's name! Characters from any era of Star Trek are welcome. Posts may be as long or short as you please, so long as they are 300+ characters (appx. 3 lines in the text box) long. This race takes place in the final frontier of space, so you never know what might happen!
Evil is a lifestyle | she/her

Thain of The Mark
Georgiou

Her most Imperial Majesty, Mother of the Fatherland, Overlord of Vulcan, Dominus of Qo'noS, Regina Andor, Emperor Philippa Georgiou Augustus Iaponius Centarius smiled sweetly at the ensign who was inspecting the sign up list, and leaned casually over to inspect the pad in his hand. "Oh look, there I am. That's my shuttle. The Winddancer" She said with a wink, ignoring his furrowed frown as he inspected the name of the designated racer on the list. "Oh I know Lieutenant Linus is on the register but he's an old buddy of mine. We're a team..." she said with just enough inflection in her voice to suggest that there might be more than just teamwork going on between them.*

"I hope you are not delaying our departure intentionally?" She asked with mock hurt, which got the Ensign frowning in annoyance at the suggestion. She swiftly changed tack. "Although..." she moved around the table to sit surreptitiously on his desk beside him in a manner that accentuated her curved assets. "After we win the race, we'll be sure to *thank* the kindly ensign who ensured we faced no delays in disembarking" with just the right amount of inflection to suggest whatever relationship she might be implying between herself and the Saurian Lieutenant, it was certainly not exclusive.

The ensign looked exceedingly uncomfortable, but glanced at the Captain's pips on her uniform before stuttering out a response.
"Cap... captain. You're shuttle is docked on Upper Pylon Three, and all the ships will be cleared to enter the race course together, with no early or late arrivals allowed..." He hesitated nervously as she reached a hand out to stroke his cheek sensually. "I'm sorry, Captain, but those orders come direct from the Admiral, to ensure a fair race for everyone." he replied with practiced formality. His attempt at propriety was immediately ruined when she leaned in closer to whisper in his ear, causing him to cough self-consciously. "What the Admiral doesn't know, won't hurt her. And the most fun is often had in secret, I always say" She said as she placed a hand subtly on his leg, a little higher than was appropriate, and shifted it just enough to reveal the black Starfleet badge in her hand.

A few minutes later and she was walking along the upper promenade grinning to herself, playing with the Dabo chips for Quark's Bar, rolling them between her fingers. She wasn't sure whether the Ensign had offered them as any form of consolation for being unwavering on the rules, or simply to be rid of her presence, but she frankly didn't care. She looked out of the windows as she walked, looking keenly at each of the shuttles docked there and assessing there capabilities. Being a member of Section 31 got you a surprisingly comprehensive clearance for viewing shuttle-craft specifications and tactical flight patterns, and the Emperor might be self-absorbed, but she was not stupid; doing your research might be boring, but it might also save your life in a pinch. At last she caught sight of the 'The Winddancer' among the docking stations, and paused to smile appreciatively at its aerodynamic curves, and unusually dark markings that made it one of the sexiest looking shuttles waiting at the stations docks; it certainly looked more impressive than the cuboid, grey ships that many of the others had opted for. She sneered however as she spotted the name paint along its side.
"Urgh, these snivelling Starfleet fools are over-keen for simpering poeticism. How unfortunate that you were given a name that lacks any form of threat or malice." She crooned quietly out at the ship, smiling to herself as her eyes narrowed. "But fear not my dear, by the time the race is done they'll be speaking of 'The WInddancer' in awe and terror from here to the Delta Quadrant." she promised the little vessel before moving swiftly towards the boarding stations, intent to get on board early and make a few 'modifications' before the race began.

*There was of course some manner of relationship between Georgiou and Linus, but nothing as suggestive as she was implying. Poor Linus had been stunned by a phaser, tied up and gagged with surprising skill and his unconscious form bundled into a Jeffries tube. Right now he was probably halfway across the sector on the transport vessel that had both brought them here, although with his comm badge carefully secured in her pocket it would likely take a while before anyone discovered this.

'The Winddancer'
Class C shuttlecraft ('Discovery' era)

New Soul

Seven of Nine

A racing event seemed a waste of time, but the Doctor has convinced Seven to sign up, in the interests of fostering “good sportsmanship”, which he seemed to think was important. Seven believed sportsmanship was irrelevant, but she had also learned long ago sometimes it was not worth fighting with the Doctor.

She had borrowed the Delta Flier for the occasion, as she planned on winning the competition if she was entering. The Flier would give her a better chance than the standard Starfleet issue shuttles, which were so easy to assimilate it was almost ridiculous. A faint smile crossed her lips at the thought, which was gone in a nanosecond.

She flipped the switch to activate the comm and announced herself. “Seven of Nine, reporting in.”

B Roll please

Thain of The Mark

Captain Kathryn Janeway

Janeway was no stranger to shuttle racing, but she didn't usually pilot the shuttle. But this would be fun, a nice break from the craziness of the Delta Quadrant, and this time the Delta Flyer shouldn't be rigged as a bomb. She was surprised to see, on her arrival, that there was already a Delta Flier in the mix. Stranger things had happened on Voyager and in the Delta Quadrant, though. It would all work out somehow, regardless of interruptions in the space-time continuum.

Janeway settled into the pilot's seat, began reviewing the instruments, and reported in. "Janeway, ready to race!"

Chef
'Please state the nature of...'
The Doctor blinked. Ah, of course! There was no medical emergency here. He had gotten special permission to join in the race today and he had persuaded Seven of Nine to do so as well.
'Good to see she has done so', he said to himself when he saw Seven enter the Delta Flier. Upon seeing Captain Janeway as well, he nodded and greeted her, but a worried look came upon his face.
'You will be careful, won't you captain?', he said. 'We cannot miss our leading lady.'
Strangely enough there was a third person who seemed to be ahead of them all. It didn't take him much time to get some answers from the ensign who was checking their presence.
He raised his eyebrows. 'Captain Philippa Georgiou? This is going to be interesting!'
Whistling he walked to the shuttle of his choice: the Galileo.
'Are we all ready for some fun?', he asked on the comm system. 'Perhaps a little song while we are waiting? I believe I can fly... I believe I can touch the sky...'

(OOC It's been a looooong while since we last had Star Trek on television here in The Netherlands, more than 10 years?! I hope that I still remember enough, lol!)
Please state the nature of the medical emergency!

Balrog
Gul Dukat

“I’m wounded Benjamin!” He said over the comms. “I thought we had an understanding, you and I. But this clearly feels like you are to exclude me.” The Cardassian closed the comms, sneered as he imagined the look on the Federation Captain’s face, and moved his Hideki class shuttle into position.

The arrogance of this… Federation! It galled him! And to hold this competition, one held on Terok Nor, his old station, it was the height of arrogance. He seethed, but his face remained placid and calm, hiding the raging well of emotions boiling away at his soul. He would show these soft, comfort loving lay abouts what a real man could do! His glory would be the glory of Cardassians across the quadrant! A smug smile rested easy on his countenance. And the Bajorans would have to watch him accept the prize. If only they’d been more accepting of his generosity before! But no. They thought they knew better with their uptight piety and their wrinkled noses. They were going to watch Cardassia rise again, like a Tenesarian Phoenix rising from its fiery ashes.

“For Cardassia!” he shouted to no one in particular.
Last edited by Akhenanat on Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Esquire of The Mark
*She didn't often indulge in things like this. She liked fun. She liked chocolate. She liked exercise after a day of listening to everyone. But the latest conversation with her mother, the holder of the Sacred Chalice of Rixx, was the heir to the Holy Rings of Betazed she had needed to blow off some steam. She could feel the energy of the other contestants. Excitement, resentment, anger, weariness and more.. It was a heady mix. It wasn't as if piloting a shuttlecraft was her strength. But perhaps she had a little advantage in trying to assess the moods of the competitors and the likelihood of them taking risks or not. She would see. For now she would simply hope for a distraction. She activated the comms to declare herself ready to race, only to be interrupted within her mind by a too well known voice within her mind*

"And perhaps to find a handsome competitor, Little One"

"MOTHER!" *unfortunately the reaction had been out loud out of habit and therefore audible throughout* "I mean, ready to race!"

(A roll))
Kill-Stealing Skirt Wench
When others ride out to win renown, let me chosen to tend the house.

Khazad Elder
The Keeper
Talosian Magistrate

It may be all illusion, or not. I may be sitting in a sleek, long nose, silver shuttlecraft named, The Pike - with warp-capability and technological advanced speed. It may appear that the cockpit is rather round and large in shape, to accommodate a Talosian's physic (head). And it may also appear that there is a smaller, boxlike, utilitarian shaped shuttle, with smooth exterior walls where, no seams, doors or windows can be seen. It hovers closely near the Pike. The only mark upon it reads, Vina's Cell.

I may be hovering beside the other crafts, my engine purring, ready to win a race.

I may, or it may be all illusion, or not.

(B roll, please)

Thain of The Mark
Georgiou

As soon as she reached the ship, she ditched the stuffy Starfleet uniform and changed into her much preferred attire of tight black leather, heavily compliment with multiple phaser-holsters. She then focused her attentions on the ship; safely stowing her illegitimately acquired supplementary antimatter containment pod (thank you Quark) in the aft torpedo chute and finalising the modifications to the phaser-banks. She installed additional targeting scanners and redirected energy flow to maximise the pattern buffer enhancement, thus boosting the range of the on-board transporter before initiating an ongoing lock on her location to enable an emergency beam-out from anywhere on the ship (she's obviously been reading some of O'Brien reports).

She had wrapped up these modifications hastily, aware that time was ticking down until the beginning of the race and conscious that she still needed to finish the modifications to the warp conduits and run a full systems diagnostic on the impulse engines to ensure they met Starfleet recommended performance parameters. She didn't give a Kelpien's ganglia for the Regulations of course, but she wanted to ensure that her sexy little shuttle was all set for a number of creative solutions she had developed through the years to get herself out of difficult situations; she didn't want to lose any lead in the race dealing with unexpected complications.

She was on her hands and knees inspecting the Deuterium control conduit to confirm her modifications to the warp drive when an unexpected noise erupting through the Comms system had her sitting up so sharply she whacked the back of her head on the frame of the open conduit. The singing continued at some volume and she was soon crawling out from the workstation with a face like murder.
"Computer, identify which ship is responsible for that incessant wailing." She asked between gritted teeth, and the computer dutifully responded with "The source of the incoming communication is the Shuttlecraft Galileo, captained by The Doctor of USS Voyager." She snorted to herself derisively, and muttered to herself about the horrific fate of the Galileo shuttle on Taurus II in her alternative universe, the merciless game of Whack-a-Shuttle played by multiple star-ships as that struggling shuttle tried to escape that planet's turbulent atmosphere, all under her orders as the Terran Emperor of course. Oh, those were fun times!

She stepped up to the nearest display panel.
"Computer, open a channel to the Galileo on a secure frequency, and run Section 31 communication subroutine Beta-four, authorisation Georgiou-8-2-5-9-Theta." A moment later and her hail would reach The Doctor, and upon his answer he would be faced with the smiling face of the infamous Philippa Georgiou. Official Starfleet records stated she was a decorated Captain, but this particular individual had been replaced with her evil Mirror-universe counterpart some time ago, albeit that piece of information was highly classified. All the same, Georgiou was annoyed enough by The Doctor's distractions - and confident enough that her communication would be heard by only herself and the Galileo - that she spoke with all the comfortable maliciousness of the Terran Emperor that she once was. She knew she had three minutes or so to make her point, safe in the knowledge that the Section 31 subroutine would automatically purge both ship's memory bank's of any record of her communication on completion of her transmission.

She spoke in a warm, motherly tone clipped with her distinctive Malaysian accent.
"Dearest Doctor. You may be a hologram, but I want to take this opportunity to let you know that in my universe, a rather enterprising young designer by the name of Barclay developed an advanced holographic programme that enabled the holographic residents to feel real pain; it was exceedingly handy for perfecting torture and execution techniques." She said with the same sweet smile on her face that a moment later disappeared and was replaced by a cold, ruthless expression reflected in her lethally sincere tone. "If you assault my ears with your foul squalling again, I will personally see to it that your programme is modified to those specifications and left on a repeat loop of my own personal torture programme. Understand?"

She terminated the transmission before The Doctor could respond, and immediately stated (just to be sure) "Computer, confirm successful purge of the Galileo's memory banks?"

"Confirmed" the computer dutifully responded, and she smiled to herself as she stepped back to her work to finalise the modifications.

Only a short time later, she was confidently sat at the pilot's seat tracing her fingers across the controls, one of the first to arrive that day but one of the last to announce her readiness for the race. Her voice was the soft tone of the respected Starfleet Captain once more as she opened a communication to DS9's Operations Centre
"Captain Phillippa Georgiou of the Winddancer, reporting in and ready to begin."

@Eamila Bolger (I'm halfway through binge re-watching all of Voyager, and you captured The Doctor perfectly!!! Hope he doesn't take too much offence from the snarky mirror-universe Georgiou)

'The Winddancer'
'B' Roll Please

Thain of The Mark
Captain Kathryn Janeway

"Oh, I'll be fine, Doctor, no need to worry," Janeway smiled and nonchalantly waved the hologram away to tend to his own ship. Of course, not too much later, the Doctor's voice... resonated through the comms, and Janeway couldn't help but feel a little sorry for all the other racers who weren't used to his eccentricities.

Janeway sat back in her pilot's seat, and waited for the race to begin.

B roll

Black Númenórean
Neelix surveyed the lineup of racers from within his observation shuttle and rubbed his hands gleefully. It was worth coming to the Alpha Quadrant just to see this! So exciting! Eagerly he keyed the console to open a comm channel to both racers and spectators. "Ladies and Gentlemen, Theydies and Gentlethems, welcome to today's race!! We have a spectacular lineup of racers from all over the galaxy, and I can't wait to see who comes out on top! They're all a bunch of skilled pilots but you know, you can never be sure what's going to happen out there in space! Let's hope our racers are prepared for anything, because it's time to start the race!! Racers, prime your impulse drives and get those flying fingers ready! Three... two.... one... GO!!!!!" With a prod of Neelix's own fingers on the console the pylons marking the starting line turn green, and the racers are off!

The Racers
Philippa Georgiou in The Winddancer (Allacan)
Seven of Nine in the Delta Flier (Gwai)
Captain Janeway in the Delta Flier (Taeth)
The Doctor in the Galileo (Eamila)
Gul Dukat, in the ??? (Frost)
Deanna Troi in the ??? (Eldrith)
The Keeper in The Pike (drifa)

Racers, it's time to make your first move! Line up at the start and take off racing, bolding your choice of roll (A or B) at the bottom of your post. Those who made a roll in their sign up post, good practice, but you jumped the gun and that roll doesn't count.

It's not too late to sign up! If you want to join, simply RP your way to the starting line and do make your first roll.

Update in 48 hours!
You may post as many times as you wish before the update but may only make one roll

@Allacan ob Burzum @Gwai-Gon Jinn @Sally @Eamila Bolger @Anathema of Light @Eldrith @Tyrion Lannister

New Soul
Seven of Nine
Delta Flier

It seemed a good turnout for the race. Seven double checked the relay interface manifolds before powering up the Flier's engines. For all of Mr Paris' many, many faults, she thought to herself, he did keep the Flier in fairly good condition. Granted, the old fashioned levers were not as efficient as modern flat screens, but the Flier was...an adequate craft.

Seven would never go so far as to evoke facial expression, particularly when alone, but she grimaced internally when the Doctor began singing. She recognized the song, as he had made her learn that one in one of his many lessons to make her more human. Personally, while she decried all music as a waste of time, if she had to pick a tune, she would go with Klingon Opera every time.

Fortunately, Neelix announced the start of the race, and Seven immediately pushed the throttle down to full speed. The Flier could handle it, and, if she was to be forced into a competition, she was determined to win it.

B Roll please

Chef
The Doctor
Galileo

The Doctor was feeling wonderfully pleased. What had started as a jolly song for on the road - in the sky that was - had ended up in a solo aria in which he tested all his musical talent. Somewhere in the middle of 'spread my wings and fly awaaaaayy' he was interrupted though. With his mouth still half open, he looked right in the face of Captain Georgiou. The combination of the seemingly warm smile and the hard, cold eyes made him be on his guard right away.
'Well Captain, how nice of you to greet me in person', he wanted to greet her politely. But she gave him no time to even try and speak. One eyebrow raised as he listened to her continuing speech. The other joined the first one when her first so warm smile shortened to a cool and angry line. When she finally seemed to have finished, he opened his mouth to react, but the channel had closed already.

It was very silent in the shuttle for a moment.
'Well. That was... interesting.' The Doctor shook his head. 'Mr. Barclay, eh? I wonder what this lady is up to during the race if she starts threatening the contestants when they are just starting up...'

He had no time to think longer of it though. Neelix' voice sounded on the comm system. The Doctor shook his head and decided to focus on the race now.
'Time to see if those lessons I learned from Ensign Kim and Lieutenant Paris are paying out.'
Still humming, but this time with the comm system down, he coughed and solemnly declared: 'Engage!' Nobody was listening, but he laughed at himself. 'I always wanted to do a Picard. Now let's be off!'
With those words he went to full speed.

B roll please!
(OOC @Allacan ob Burzum No problem! He was asking for it, wasn't he? I already look forward to see how Captain Georgiou is going to race this race! Boy, posts like yours make me realize how deep I have to dig for Star Trek information, but I love it!)

Balrog
Gul Dukat
Aboard the Ziyal

The race was on. Dukat relied upon his sharp, Cardassian focus to maintain his cool. It would not do to have his emotions get the best of him right now. Nevertheless, he felt the thrill of battle come on him. The battle lust of the Cardassians were not as widely known as the Klingons, but any opponent that came up against a Cardassian soon found out the warrior spirit was in no way lesser in the sons and daughters of Cardassia Prime. His eyes narrowed and his muscles tensed.

“This is for you, Ziyal. I forgive you. I shall be having words with the Major when this race is over. It’s her fault. And Garek.” He spat the name of the traitorous tailor. The wretch was utterly contemptable, a vile snake, a stain upon the glory of Cardassia.

For have a moment, the former Prefect of Bajor looked at his old station, Terok Nor. It was a marvelous piece of engineering, a testament to Cardassian ingenuity. It wounded his heart to see it still in the hands of the Federation.

“Soon…” he said ominously, then snapped his head around to focus his attentions on the race.

B Roll, please
Last edited by Akhenanat on Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Thain of The Mark
Captain Kathryn Janeway

The familiar voice of Neelix flooded over the comms, and Janeway brought herself to attention. For a moment, she wished that Tom Paris was there to help her pilot the Delta Flyer, but B'lanna had put her foot down--quite firmly--about him partaking in another race, and so Janeway was on her own for this one. But... it should be fun!

Clapping her hands together with excitement as she straightened in her seat, Janeway grinned and sent the Delta Flyer into full throttle. She would need to keep an eye on Seven of Nine, especially, unsure of what modifications might exist in the other Delta Flier at this time since they were clearly from two different (but very similar) timelines.

B roll

(OOC - wasn't sure if the roll in the previous post counts since it wasn't my introductory post. So. Not trying to do two rolls, just the same one, lol.)

Esquire of The Mark
Troi

*She breathed out as Neelix voice sounded, hoping to drown the utter frustration of dealing with her mother in adrenaline instead of chocolate. She carefully maneuvered the craft to the starting line, mentally dubbing her craft the "Chalice" in a small, act of defiance.. and at the word GO calling with the promise of adventure over the comms she threw inhibitions to the wind, though not in a way Lwaxxana would approve of.
She tuned in to the emotions of the racers around her... Janeways exhileration, battle lust overlaid with calm from Dukat, something that seemed like amusement, and bafflement from the doctor, though it did not.. 'feel' right as if the emotion was not really there, and the sheer determination from Seven of Nine. The mixture familiar to her, not necessarily from these people but none of the sentiments were exactly unheard of on a starship.

With a simple movement of her fingers over the lighted panel she engaged, not attempting to be first out of the gate, but with a 'wait and see' attitude, though she'd attempt not to let any big gaps go between her and those flying before her.

Let's see...

(A Roll)

Khazad Elder
The Keeper
Talosian Magistrate

This may be an illusion, but I think not. Unfortunately I just deleted this post and did not save it as a draft. My big brain was down on Talos IV, I guess. My apologies. I was editing my new post, using this post for the codes and such, and posted right over it, thinking I was in a the new post box. :googly: You do remember seeing it here, do you not? :cry:
Last edited by Drifa on Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Black Númenórean
ROLL RESULTS
Seven of Nine - B Roll - 8 - Move forward!

The Doctor - B Roll - 14 - Unfortunately your attempt at imitating Admiral Picard has gone awry; no sooner do you shout Engage! than you are engaged by a rogue Cardiassian fighter, and must fight it off or evade it to continue!

Gul Dukat - B Roll - 10 - Move forward!

Captain Janeway - B Roll - 9 - As you set off, the Flier is struck by a random photon burst, damaging your life support system! You must repair it to continue.

Deanna Troi - A Roll - 5 - Move backwards! Your wait and see attitude has paid dividends, but not in the way you expect. Something has gone haywire and your shuttle moves backwards instead of forwards! Not the most auspicious of starts...

The Keeper - B Roll - 3 - Something has gone amiss in the atmosphere mix of your life support system, and huge quantities of helium begin to leak into your air. We all know how helium affects humans, but Talosians? You must fix the problem to continue!

Philippa Georgiou - no roll

Standings After Round 1
1st

Gul Dukat, in the Ziyal (Frost)
2nd
Tied for 3rd
The Keeper in the Pike (drifa)
Philippa Georgiou in the Winddancer (Allacan)
4th
Deanna Troi in the Chalice (Eldrith)

Next update in ~48 hours!

Racers, respond to any prompts you have been given, and make your next roll!

You may still join, RP coming to the starting line late and make your first roll. You will have less turns than everyone else and may have to take more risks to succeed...

@Ursus americanus @Gwai-Gon Jinn @WRONG LEVER KRONK! @Eamila Bolger @Tyrion Lannister @Allacan ob Burzum @Eldrith

Khazad Elder
The Keeper
Talosian Magistrate

Now if you can imagine, no wait, never mind, let me show you instead. This is NOT an illusion. I repeat, this is NOT an illusion. Or is it?
Looking into the cockpit of The Pike, The Keeper's over-large head appears to inflate and deflate with incredible speed. A rainbow of illusion-scapes reflect off the cockpits surface. And a voice, Chipmunk-like, can be heard over and over.

"Oh, if only my large head would not inflate at the same speed gravity allows me to move and place this piece of tape, which I have now attempted to do several times failing each time due to the largeness of my head preventing me from seeing were to stick it, over the helium leak! Eek! Eek!" (translated into, Squeak! Squeak!, in helium speech)

I may have sealed the leak. I may be hovering beside the other crafts, my engine purring, ready to win a race. Vina's Cell may be floating just above The Pike.
I may have/be, it may be, or it may be all an illusion.

B roll, please

Chef
The Doctor

The moment he left the dock, the Doctor saw something he wasn't particularly liking. He had hoped for a great view right into space. For counting some stars while flying and perhaps even capturing them with his new camera.
'I guess that will have to wait...' he muttered when he saw an unknown vessel nearby.
'Computer, identify the space ship ahead of me.'
The well known sound was followed by the just as well known female voice from the com system.
The vessel is a Cardassian fighter.
'A Cardassian... what? Well, this isn't the start I was hoping for. Let's see...'
The Doctor thought shortly what his options were. He was a doctor in medicine, not in warfare. He knew something about handling a spaceshuttle, but not about fighting off enemies. He had only one option.
'Computer, please execute evasive manoeuvres, pattern beta six.' He remembered Captain Janeway using that code one time and hoped it was relevant in this specific case. If it wasn't, he wouldn't be able to ask her why, afterwards, would he?
The Doctor held the armrests of his chair and took a deep breath. Was this... thrill that he felt going through his holographic body? He knew that he was in danger, but somehow there was more excitement than fear.
'Brace yourself doctor, it's time for an adventure. Let's see how... and íf we get out of this.'

I am not sure whether you need to roll the dice first to see if this move was successful, but if that is not the case: another B roll please!

Thain of The Mark
Georgiou

The voice of the announcer that erupted over the Comms was nauseatingly enthusiastic, but she subdued her annoyance and focussed instead on getting 'The WInddancer' properly positioned at the start line. She got another good look over the other crafts as they lined up and had to double-take on the identical versions of 'The Delta Flyer' to make sure she was not seeing double. No, those were definitely the same ship. She smirked to herself; maybe there had been some sort of spacial anomaly or malfunction - she vaguely recalled reading something about a phase separation caused by a subspace divergence field in a report somewhere - and took a moment to check the sensors for any signs of plasma drifts or proton disturbances. Everything appeared normal, but she banked the mystery of the twin ships for consideration later as the countdown was finally sounded.

"Three... Two..." She didn't wait any longer before ordering "Computer, activate thrusters at full speed for half a second and then engage impulse drive at maximum" hoping for a cheeky head-start.

"Unable to comply" said the computer in its routine, calm manner even as Neelix's voice sounded over the comms "GO!"

"What? Computer, explain?!" she said angrily even as the other ships sped off into the distance (and one oddly reversing) but hers remained frustratingly stationary.

"Failure to comply with security subroutine; current pilot lacks authority to engage impulse engines accept in the event of an emergency."

"I'll give you an emergency" she said with a few choice curses and hammered commands into the command station and began hacking her way through the security system with practised ease.

Something caught her attention in the corner of her eye, and she turned from the console to spot 'The Pike' heading directly towards her ship on an intercept course, looking fit to barrel straight into her. She desperately hammered commands into the station for the shields to come up and to take evasive manoeuvres, but the computer was refusing to budge anywhere until it received the authority code for an authorised individual (something she most definitely was not, having essentially assaulted the true pilot and stolen the ship). Damn it, she had never thought to steal any of Lieutenant Linus' credentials because he had never seemed important enough that it would make a difference! He was just there, in the background... she'd never really paid him much mind except steering clear of his sneezes.

She glanced back up toward 'The Pike' and was astounded to discover that the shuttle-craft was no longer there. In fact, it wasn't anywhere in sight - not on the sensors or visible anywhere in space or anything. She shook her head, maybe she *was* seeing things, and it would be just like her subconscious to name a hallucinated ship 'The Pike' just for extra flavour.

She dismissed her concerns regarding her sanity for a moment and concentrated instead on getting control of the rebellious shuttle-craft who seemed unwilling to accept her as its mistress.
"Computer, who created the security subroutine?" She allowed herself a small smile of appreciation when the computer answered. "Commander Nhan installed new security measures on all Discovery's shuttle-craft under the command of Captain Pike". Well well, the security officer was a cunning one, and Georgiou could appreciate cunning, when it wasn't losing her a race.

Knowing the exact flavour of the programme she was up against helped her to isolate the programming components and feed the necessary information into exactly the right sensors, and eventually she hacked her way through to control of the shuttle and the craft moved into motion. She glanced up at the sensors; she had not lost too much ground in the race but it was not how she had hoped to start out though. Her eyes narrowed however when she spotted the craft 'The Pike' back in the race; so it hadn't disappeared. And yet it had. Had someone installed a Spore Drive on the shuttle to enable it to jump? Did it have a cloaking device? Something odd was going on with that ship, and she was determined to keep her eye on it from now on.

@Tyrion Lannister (Sorry to hear you lost your post, and yet given my own failure to specify a roll and lack of prompt I tried to lean in o the idea of your ship was appearing and disappearing from sight as inspiration for my own post. Hope you enjoy it.)

'The Winddancer'
'B' Roll Please

Thain of The Mark
Captain Kathryn Janeway
"You've got to be kidding me!" Janeway cried as a photon burst hit the Delta Flyer just as the race started. As the computer sounded the alarm that the life support system was damaged, she scrambled. This was definitely not her area of expertise, and she was suddenly wishing that she'd brought B'lanna with her, even if B'lanna had not allowed her to bring Paris.

At last, after several frantic minutes of flipping switches, fiddling with controls, and yanking a panel off the wall to reconfigure some wiring, the computer finally declared that the life support systems were back online.

With a sigh, Janeway threw herself back into the pilot seat, wondering how far behind she was now, and once more brought the shuttle to full throttle.

B roll

Black Númenórean
ROLL RESULTS
Seven of Nine - no roll

The Doctor - B Roll - 11 - Your evasive maneuvers have succeeded in outwitting the rogue Cardassian, but now you have been blown off course by a rogue solar wind!

Gul Dukat - no roll

Captain Janeway - B Roll - 20 - You have repaired the damage to your shuttle, but delay as allowed you to fall prey to another course invasion. You are boarded by Kazon raiders and must fight them off (or otherwise prevent your shuttle from being taken over) to continue!

Deanna Troi - no roll

The Keeper - B Roll - 15 - move forward! You shoot into first place!!

Philippa Georgiou - B Roll - 17 - You may have subverted the security subroutines locking you out of the shuttle's controls, but now your vessel is rocked by an electrical explosion! You must bring the resulting fire under control to continue!

Standings After Round 2
1st

2nd
3rd
Tied for 4th
5th

You may still join, RP coming to the starting line late and make your first roll. You will have less turns than everyone else and may have to take more risks to succeed...

@WRONG LEVER KRONK! @Allacan ob Burzum @Eamila Bolger @EldorDasatra @Tyrion Lannister @Iorek Byrnison @Gwai-Gon Jinn

Khazad Elder
The Keeper
Talosian Magistrate

Having finally taped the helium leak, The Keeper rested his large head on the console. He had a humdinger of a headache from all the inflating and deflating caused by the helium. He would soon be taking a vial of the blue Protein complex and imagining it to be a couple of tablets of Tylenol. The leak had been fixed just in time for the Talosian to thrust The Pike forward at record speed and leave the other racers behind.
Now, there was another sound that could be heard in the cockpit besides the pounding inside The Keeper's head. A metallic knocking could be heard. It was coming from the Vina Cell that was hovering above The Pike. As The Pike flew past the other shuttlecraft, The Keeper using his powers of illusion (a difficult task with the pounding in his head, but he was a pro at it after all), telepathically sent to one Georgiou of the shuttlecraft Winddancer an illusion.
Said illusion had the pilot walking threw a field of wild flowers under a sky the color of lapis lazuli. The buzzing of insects could be heard as she came suddenly to a door suspended in the air just above the ground. It was a nice wooden door with a small window, ruffled curtains, and a brass door knob. A door that maybe Georgiou had once seen in old photo files of Earth. Compelled by the welcoming feel the door emanated, she reached out an turned the brass knob, opening the door. The smell of Thanksgiving dinner swept her senses away. Her mouth began to water and she rushed forward through the doorway towards the feast that she imagined was waiting.

The Vina Cell had it's first prisoner - 'a space traveler to use as the living basis for the Talosian's illusions'.

I may have captured Georgiou. I may be hovering in space, my engine purring, ready to win a race. The Vina Cell may be floating just above The Pike with its first prisoner knocking on a nice wooden door hoping for release.
I may have/be, it may be, or it may be all an illusion.

B roll, please

@Allacan ob Burzum *Wonderful! Glad you found inspiration in my faux pas! I hope you like me new illusion. And remember, it may or may not be an illusion. :smooch:

Balrog
Gul Dukat
Aboard the Ziyal

He was blasting ahead of them all, as he knew he would, when something caught his eyes on one of the monitors by his hand. Another Cardassian ship? He narrowed his eyes, checked the ship against the records he kept filed away on the Ziyal, and growled his anger. This was not a shuttlecraft in the race at all. It was some fool glinn trying to make his mark on it!

He punched the console and opened a channel. “This is Gul Dukat, Commander of the Second Order. Break off your attack immediately or I will be forced to take action myself.”

There was no response for some time, then a nasally voice crackled over the comm. “Gul Dukat? We had no idea…”

“No idea!” the gul cut off the sniveling wretch before he could finish. “What exactly did you have no idea about, Glinn Mordisan? That I was in the race? That I don’t need your help? That your own ambition was going to get your killed!?”

Silence over the comm, then “I was only trying to ensure your victory. I mean, our victory.”

“You were doing no such thing, Glinn. If you don’t break off now and return to Cardassia Prime this instant I will be the star witness at your Tribunal.” He fired a warning shot across the bow of the Cardassian fighter to make his point clear and closed the channel.

He watched with a smug grin as the ship broke off it’s attack on the Federation vessel and jumped to warp. He reminded himself to assign this overreaching glinn to a tour of duty on Breen. Cardassians so hated the cold.

He opened another channel to the small Federation ship that had been attacked. “I’ve dealt with the problem and apologize on behalf of the Cardassian government. The person or persons responsible for such a blatant and unprovoked attack. There is no need to thank me. Just stay out of my way.” He closed the channel and returned his attention to the race.

B Roll, Please

Thain of The Mark
Georgiou

""Da Shiong La Se La Ch'Wohn Tian!" she exclaimed loudly as there was an explosion from behind her. She turned in her seat to see that the power conduit had blown, possibly as a result of all her recent hasty modifications. She quickly tapped in the commands for an emergency force-field around the conduit, then stepped from the pilot's chair to inspect the damage. "If you don't stop it with all these ridiculous games, Winddancer, then we aren't going to have nearly as much fun as we could tormenting our competition." she said aloud to the shuttle as she snatched the extinguisher from its holder and held it ready to put out the fire...

And then the world suddenly shifted. She was no longer on the shuttle, and all the sounds of the ship had gone. Instead there was the soft buzzing of insects, and all around her were wild flowers, and above her the sky was a deep, rich blue that seemed somehow as solid as stone. She still held the extinguisher in her hand, but as she looked forward towards what should have been the burning conduit, she saw instead a floating doorway; rustic and homely some might call it, but in her eyes it appeared plain and boring. A sense of wariness, of confusion and a little fear, welled up within her. Was she dead? Had the force-field failed and she was killed instantly as the fire overwhelmed her? And if this was heaven (or hell for that matter) it seemed exceedingly boring and unimaginative. Disappointingly so.

Still, she was curious, so she reached a hand forward to open the door and the smell of cooked meats and the sound of glasses clinking and laughter drew her within. She could hear the cheers of 'Happy Thanksgiving' echoing within. She began to step forwards, for a moment her interest was peaked...

But as her foot was just about to step over the threshold, she hesitated. One did not become the leader of the Terran Empire by being rash and curious. Something was wrong with this; the fire had not been big enough to kill her instantly even if the force-field had failed, and she was too well practiced at being ready for any assassination attempt to have died by some other means. So she was not dead. Was this a hallucination? She doubted that also; she was from Malaysia; they didn't celebrate Thanksgiving in Malaysia, and that door and those flowers had, unless she been mistaken, been emitting a strange high pitched tone. Terran Wildflowers definitely did not do that! Someone was trying to trick her, but someone whose knowledge of Earth was limited to ancient American culture and who thought flowers sing. Someone who knew nothing of her true origin.

She smiled ruefully to herself as she stepped back away from the door and lifted the spout of the extinguisher.
"Nice try, but you'll have to do better than that to fool me!" she said aloud to whoever might be listening, and then fired the extinguisher at the doorway.

The illusion faded, and the gaseous white stream erupting out of the extinguisher was hitting against the emergency force-field, back on the Winddancer again.
"Computer, drop force-field around Conduit B-7" she said, and with a flicker of light the barrier dropped and the stream of gas filled the conduit before the flames could react. In seconds, the fire was out. She hastily returned to the cockpit.

There was only one race she knew of that could create such realistic physical projection.
"Talosians tried this trick with me in the Terran universe once and I blew them and their stupid singing plants off the face of the planet. Today will be no different, Winddancer." she declared with a giggle as she scanned the ships for one most likely carrying The Keeper. Her eyes narrowed on the sleek, long nose, silver old Class F shuttlecraft named 'The Pike' and she grinned to herself, setting a course in pursuit as she crooned to her craft "Time for the real fun to begin."

@Tyrion Lannister (Awesome prompt. Now you have a vengeful Georgiou hot in pursuit; if the dice are kind and she can make a running pass she will give you her own flavour of challenge in return.)

'The Winddancer'
'B' Roll Please

Thain of The Mark
Captain Kathryn Janeway

Just as Janeway thought she was clear of the starting line at last (and at least she wasn't moving backwards like... someone apparently was), three figures beamed aboard the shuttle. She'd heard nothing about passengers during this race, and so before they were even fully materialized she'd grabbed a phaser.

What she didn't expect was who had boarded the Delta Flyer. "What are the Kazon doing in the Alpha quadrant?!" she hollered, downing two of them right away, but the third dodged her phaser fire, and after they grappled for a few moments, Janeway finally overpowered him and managed to stun him with the phaser. After several more moments spent restraining the raiders, she finally plopped back into the pilot's seat and tried, once more, leave the starting point.

B roll

Black Númenórean
ROLL RESULTS
Seven of Nine - no roll

The Doctor - no roll

Gul Dukat - B Roll - 2 - Unfortunately, your wandering attention has allowed you to stray into the wake of a space whale! Displeased at your proximity, it unleashes a torrent of excrement, splattering your windscreen.

Captain Janeway - B Roll - 7 - Move forward!

Deanna Troi - no roll

The Keeper - B Roll - 8 - Move forward!

Philippa Georgiou - B Roll - 7 - Move forward!

Standings After Round 3
1st

2nd
3rd
Tied for 4th
5th
6th

@WRONG LEVER KRONK! @Allacan ob Burzum @Eamila Bolger @Eldrith @Tyrion Lannister @Ignis Gehennalis @Gwai-Gon Jinn

Chef
The Doctor
Galileo

The Doctor braced himself, but apart from the evasive maneuvers nothing much happened. The Cardassian vessel didn't seem to want to continue charging and it left.
'Well! That went easy. And of course it did. My program is perfectly capable of taking over any task on the ship with all the information I have gathered. I might want to ask Commander Tuvok if he needs any help later on. Computer, wasn't this move performed in the best way ever? Tell me, did I miss anything?'

It was akwardly silent for a second. Then one of the other racers tried to make contact. Was there a sound of relief in the voice of the computer?
Incoming message from Cardassian vessel.
'On screen.'
There was the face of Gul Dukat. Before the Doctor could even start greeting him, the Cardassian said: 'I’ve dealt with the problem and apologize on behalf of the Cardassian government. The person or persons responsible for such a blatant and unprovoked attack. There is no need to thank me. Just stay out of my way.'
And away he was.

The Doctor was flabbergasted. So it hadn't been his evasion that saved him? Why did that fellow racer meddle with him anyway?
But before he could even give words to his holo-thoughts, he was completely surprised by a beeping alert. Before he even knew it, the Galileo was swept away and keeled over so unexpectedly that he had to hold on tight not to fall.
'Computer, what is going on?'
Warning. Extreme solar wind.
'Shields up!', the Doctor cried out, not knowing for sure if that was the right thing to do, but it sounded logical. The ship felt as if it was tossed around by a giant hand. It was hard to steer this way. 'Computer, maintain set course!'
Unable to comply.
'What? Why?'
That information is not available.
'Why not? Couldn't you be a bit more helpful here?'
That is not a valid question.
'Well thank you for your cooperation...' The doctor grumbled. 'How am I to participate in a race like this? It's a good thing a hologram can't be sick...'
Then, all of a sudden, the storm seemed to be over. The ship was laying still, not moving anywhere.
'Good. That's better. Well, let me see...' Now that he could stand normally again, the Doctor scanned for problems in his console.
'Ah. The compass is malfunctioning. Let's try and fix this.'
A few hard working minutes later, he sighed deeply.
'Computer, is everything working as it should now?'
Affirmative.
'Good.' He looked outside in space. 'Now where are all the other racers?' There were no vessels to be seen. There was no sign of their starting dock.
'Where am I? Oh well, it doesn't matter. Where am I going, that is the better question here. Computer, set a course for... a course back to where I came from. Hopefully the rest of the race will be less eventful...'

B roll

New Soul
Seven of Nine

After her initial break from the starting line, the Flier's engines stalled. Seven grimly ran a quick diagnostic, and was suspicious to find that one of the plasma manifold intakes was not calibrated. It cost her a bit of time, but she was able to calibrate, restart the engines, and get back into the race.

Was this sabotage? It seemed likely, she thought to herself. There were some highly questionable individuals taking place in the race, although she would doubt Janeway or the Doctor would do anything they would consider unethical.

B Roll please

Khazad Elder
The Keeper
Talosian Magistrate

The knocking continued.
It was well known that the 'Talosians were once a warp-capable, technologically advanced culture but a nuclear holocaust left their planet virtually uninhabitable and killed most of the species. The survivors of the nuclear war congregated in underground dwellings, where they became dependent upon their own mental powers, which they used to create stunningly real illusions, an ability that had been developed by their ancestors. As their mental powers grew, they lost the ability to use the technology left behind by their ancestors.

A small planet appeared on the The Keepers radar screen. This brightened his mood considerably. He did not know how long he would be able to endure the knocking that was coming from the Vina Cell. He believed that if he could find another prisoner to keep Georgiou company, the knocking would stop. Also, he had some interesting real illusions that would keep them occupied. So he believed. Then again, they may, both prisoners, continue knocking in an attempt to get free. This would be double the annoyance but The Keeper had a solution to this problem should it arise. It was on the Vina Cell's control panel. It was labelled, 'EJECT'

Setting a course for the small planet, The Pike made its way into the atmosphere and suddenly disappeared from outer space. The Keeper had to find a companion for his prisoner. His vacation get away, an entertaining race across space, was becoming a headache. An inflating, deflating, knocking kind of painful headache, in his large head. The good thing was, he was winning the race so far, and had time to find another human.

I may be on my way to a small planet to capture a prisoner to entertain the already captured Georgiou , although, my race has lost the ability to use the technology left behind by our ancestors and consequently, I may not even be here at all. I may be in the lead, ready to win a race. The Vina Cell may be floating just above The Pike with its first prisoner knocking to be set free. I may now have another prisoner enjoying Georgiou's company and having a cup of tea.

I may be/ I could be, or should be, it may be, they could be, or it may be all an illusion.

B roll, please

Thain of The Mark
Captain Kathryn Janeway

"Finally!" Janeway heaved a sigh of relief as her shuttle shot forward at last, progressing however slightly through the racing ranks. Seven of Nine was still ahead of her though, and Janeway was surprised that the borg-turned-human wasn't further ahead.

She had pulled ahead of the Doctor, at least, but ideally, the Voyager crew would take the first three finishes in the race. But, for now, each of them were on their own.

Janeway scanned the course, and began to plot how she could pull ahead.

B roll

Thain of The Mark
Georgiou

'The Pike' was a significant distance ahead and it was difficult to keep a visual with all the ships darting back and forth in between them, vying for a good position. She locked the computer on to its plasma trail and determined to close in on it as soon as she had the opportunity, but a moment later it disappeared from sensors into the atmosphere of a planet... Wait, where had that planet come from?!

She determined that she needed to thin the field and tracked the progress of some of the other vessels, noting that one of the two 'Delta Flyer' shuttles was positioned directly above her.
"Let's find out if these Federation pilots know how to fly" she said to herself as she carefully piloted her ship into alignment with the larger vessel's course, rising up directly beneath it. As she did so, she forced a wave of electro-plasmic energy through the phaser banks which released high powered radiation to momentarily mask her presence from the other pilot. Then, when she was in position directly below them, she began a sequence of co-ordinated actions with swift precision.

First she stalled the impulse engines and released a burst of neutrino emissions that made it appear she had suffered an engine overload. Then she tapped a console command which played a pre-recorded distress signal to the field at large, all the while she was actually shifting from her pilot's seat to the back of the shuttle...

"This is retired Captain Philippa Georgiou on 'The WInddancer'. I have a breach in my backup antimatter containment pod. I have attempted to seal the breach but... it is too badly damaged. I will have to perform an emergency jettison of the pod..."

In truth, she was actually busy manually fixing a remote-controlled explosive device on the supplementary anti-matter containment pod she had planted in the aft torpedo tube, all the while listening to her own voice playing through the open communications channel.

She then manually she over-rode the release function and allowed the primed containment pod to drop outwards into the wake of her shuttle, just in time to match up with the faux panicked recording of her standing at the command station stating
"...the anti-matter pod has been jettisoned but it has suffered too much damage. Shields up!" as the recorded Georgiou visibly braced for impact and the recorded message suddenly cut off.

Meanwhile, the present Georgiou was seated calmly back at the pilot's seat, manually raising the shields with her fingers on cue even as her other hand hovered over the warp drive. Then she calmly pressed the detonation button in her other hand, causing the containment pod she had just dropped out into space to explode in a wave of neutrino energy in the same moment as she tapped the warp drive command, activating the warp engine for the pre-determined 0.7 seconds; just enough time to ride the wave of the blast forward a distance but short enough to not make it appear that she had intentionally cheated.

As soon as her ship dropped to a more moderate pace she checked her sensors to see if the 'Delta Flyer' had successfully reacted to having an antimatter pod exploded on its tail while simultaneously preparing to lie her way through through the inevitable boring communications checking she was unharmed by the 'accident'.

@WRONG LEVER KRONK! (Something just exploded behind you; enjoy!)

'The Winddancer'
'B' Roll Please
Last edited by Allacan ob Burzum on Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Balrog
Gul Dukat
Aboard the Ziyal

He had looked away only for a moment. Only a moment. Then that, that thing appeared at the edge of his view screen (why hadn’t he seen it before, had it been cloaked?) and then… it didn’t bear thinking about. The behemoth thing befouled the Cardassian’s view screen, and likely the entirely of the small fighter as well. A thick, greyish brown sludge now coated everything. Dukat seethed for a moment, his anger boiling over to a point where he began to laugh. How could he not? It was the most ridiculous thing in the entire Alpha Quadrant!

When his laughter subsided though, he realized he needed to act fast. This substance, whatever it was, would need to be removed from his ship before the corrosive material was able to eat through the hull. How the biomatter even made it through his shields was a mystery.

“Computer,” he said with a practiced civility, “run some molecular scans of that material, I want to know what that was and why it made it through the shields.”

“Affirmative,” rang the hollow Cardassian voice. “Running scans now.”

“The shields are up, no?” He asked, a hint of the biting sarcasm he was known for in his tone.

“Affirmative, shields are operational.”

“Reverse the polarity of the muon flow regulator then align the photon module,” he commanded, inputting the necessary calculations on the consol. In a moment, the Ziyal was covered in a bright flash of light then the material was vaporized.

“What’s the hull integrity level at?”

“Hull integrity at 96% and holding.”

Good. He nodded to himself and focused his gaze back on the race.

A Roll, please

Esquire of The Mark
*She had waited, taking her place in line and had managed to confuse thrusters and navigation in the less than familiar shuttlecraft. The fact that she maneuvered backwards throwing her off enough that she actually stopped all engines. If she wasn't careful she would end up crashing into.. well something or someone. She should have stuck with a chocolate sundae and eat her feelings... Feelings indeed were all around her, anger, indignance.. and more.. but all of them quickly waning because well.. everyone was speeding far, far away from her. With a sigh, she restarted engines, straightened her shoulder, visualized dashing the Sacred Chalice of Rixx on the rocks, imagined what Data would say and promised to reward herself at the end of this journey no matter what.*

B roll, please

Black Númenórean
ROLL RESULTS
Seven of Nine - B Roll - 9 - Perhaps it is space itself that is unethical, for you are now struck by a random photon burst! Sparks fly from your console and you must bring the resulting fire under control to continue.

The Doctor - B Roll - 1 - As you make your way back onto the course, you are caught in the slipstream of another shuttle and knocked off course again! Never wish for uneventfulness...

Gul Dukat - A Roll - 6 - Move forward!

Captain Janeway - B Roll - 12 - Move forward!

Deanna Troi - B Roll - 18 - Something has gone awry in your restart sequence, and an explosion rocks your port nacelle! You must repair it to continue.

Philippa Georgiou - B Roll - 11 - After a successful antimatter pod injection, you are struck by more bad luck- a sudden burst of solar wind blows you off course!

The Keeper - B Roll - 11 - It seems that (despite being quiet far apart), you have been caught in the same solar wind as Georgiou and blown off course!

Standings After Round 4
1st

2nd
3rd
4th
5th
6th
7th

@WRONG LEVER KRONK! @Allacan ob Burzum @Eamila Bolger @Eldrith @Tyrion Lannister @Tremarctos ornatus @Gwai-Gon Jinn

Khazad Elder
The Keeper
Talosian Magistrate

The knocking continued. Double knocking.

Having secured another prisoner with a fantastic illusion, The Keeper had made his way back to his ship and space. The new prisoner had been playing the piano in a small eating establishment. He called himself, the Piano Man. Patrons in the audience kept calling out to him as they put bread in his jar, " hey man, what are you doin' here?" The new prisoner's name was, William Martin Joel, but most people would call him, Billy. He now had a promising career, something he never dreamed of. Some illusions become very real.

As The Keeper began to set his course, a pair of new fangled ear plugs dangling from his ears (which he had found during his search for a prisoner, ideal for muting the knocking coming from the Vina Cell), a sudden burst of solar wind picked up The Pike and blew it off course. As the needles spun around on the control panel and The Pike suddenly come out of it's spin, The Keeper saw, on the starboard side of his ship, another ship. It looked like, the Winddancer, Philippa Georgiou's craft. Suddenly the knocking from the Vina Cell got so intense in the cockpit that, not even the new fangled earplugs could mute it out.
The Keeper quickly used his mental powers to turn The Pike into a space flower, a Zinnia - the first flower ever to be grown in space by the first Space Travelers. Hopefully Georgiou would be smitten by the beauty of the Zinnia (which lit up space like a beautiful red sun) and forget all about the Talosian Magistrate. He got a headache just thinking of dealing with the Captain and her true origins and her rantings over his "exceedingly boring and unimaginative" illusions. She could part with a piece of herself, she seemed full of it, and move on - never having to worry that an illusion of herself was kept safe and healthy on Talos IV. She could. But would she?

*NASA astronaut Scott Kelly/the first flowers ever grown in space*

I may have secured another prisoner named, Billy Joel. I may be wearing new earplugs. My ship may have been blown into the same space as the Winddancer, Philippa Georgiou's craft. The Pike may now be a giant Zinnia. Philippa Georgiou may be smitten by the flower illusion and The Keeper spared from a headache. I may be winning a race.

I may have/ I may be, it may have, they could be, it could be, she could be, he might be, or it may be all an illusion.

A roll, please

Thain of The Mark
Captain Kathryn Janeway

"What the-" Janeway exclaimed as she--and the Delta Flyer--were thrown forward. Just as that happened, though, the shuttle also accelerated and momentarily she was pulling ahead of most of the racers and into second place. She let out a triumphant whoop, and then started checking the sensor arrays to see what it was that had happened before her giant leap forward. Apparently, there had been an antimatter explosion, and she started scanning the communications frequency to see what was going on, even as she plotted her course to take the lead.

It appeared to have been an antimatter explosion of some kind, and it fortunately had not damaged the Delta Flyer since she'd accelerated at just the right moment. Janeway had accidentally turned off the communications during the Doctor's third rendition of... something, and so she'd missed any distress calls, and was unsure of which ship--if any--the antimatter might have come from.

B roll

Chef
The Doctor

The solar winds had not done him any good. The Doctor was back with the other racers, but also way back in the field. Only the lovely Deanna Troi was behind him in the Chalice. He wondered if she would be good company on a night out. They said she could sense emotions. What would she sense while talking to him? And what would he sense while... no, wait. He needed to focus.
Right before him he spotted the Winddancer. Wasn't that... the shuttle craft of the other female Captain in the field, apart from the one he called Captain?
'Well, captain Georgiou, let me see what your strategy is', he said to himself. Now that he was back on course, he went full throttle and to his own surprise it wasn't too difficult to get closer.
But then he heard distress calls from the racer before him. Not everything came through well. 'Emergency jettison of the pod... too much damage...'

If a holographic program could have feelings of that nature, the Doctor would have said he didn't like Captain Georgiou. There was something about her, that made him suspicious and on his guard. But he was not unethical. If someone was in trouble, they needed professional help. And he would never let a lady in distress down.
'Computer, hail the Chalice', he commanded. 'Open a channel. On screen.'
The computer reacted with the familiar beeping. But somehow only audible communication was possible. Was the Chalice so damaged that it's communication was failing?
'Captain Georgiou. Please state the nature of the medical emergency. What can I do for you?'
He was still speeding and didn't realize the Chalice was now flying at moderate speed. The Galileo was getting closer quickly, with it's pilot focussed on something else. 'Please state the nature of the medical emergency', he demanded a bit louder now. 'Or perhaps I better transfer to your...'
Warning. Detecting space ship right ahead. Lower speed.
'WOULD YOU MIND? I am trying to reach a patient!'
Flash. Something happened. The Galileo was suddenly moving in the wrong direction and he was too late to change it. It was as if another solar wind was blowing him of course again.
'Can't you think of something else?', the Doctor shouted to his communications system as he held on for dear life once again and hoped things would settle down soon. They did. He got up again, brushed his uniform off and coughed.
'Well. Where am I this time?'
All was dark again, apart from some stars far away.
The Doctor sighed. 'Computer, set a course back to the other racers... again...'

A roll please!

Black Númenórean
ROLL RESULTS
Seven of Nine - no roll

The Doctor - A Roll - 5 - move backwards

Gul Dukat - no roll

Captain Janeway - B Roll - 20 - Unbelievably, the Kazon raiders have returned! Or perhaps it's a different party? You must deal with them to continue!

Deanna Troi - no roll

Philippa Georgiou - no roll

The Keeper - A Roll - 1 - move backwards

Standings After Round 5
1st

2nd
3rd
4th
5th
Tied for 6th

@Resistance is Futile @Allacan ob Burzum @Eamila Bolger @Eldrith @Tyrion Lannister @Walpurgisnacht @Gwai-Gon Jinn

Chef
The Doctor

It seemed that he was stuck in some kind of time loop. There couldn't be another explanation for what was happening, could there? Here he was again. Back at the back of the field, flying next to Deanna Troi instead of right before her, this time. He hoped he didn't frighten her turning up like that again and again. Perhaps she would see it as a strange holographic way of making advances?

'Focus... A time loop. It has to be. It could not be a lack of flying skills. I am skillful. I am skilled. I can do this.'
This time the Doctor looked very carefully for other contestants whether they be before or right after him. When he thought it was safe, he sighed deeply. It seemed he had been sighing a lot already, during this match. So far the race hadn't been exactly what he had expected of it.
He pushed the throttle down to full speed and hoped that this time he wouldn't end somewhere of course again. Hadn't mr. Paris spoken of an old Earth movie in which a man had the exact same problem? Something with a groundhog... he couldn't remember, but it had sounded boring. He shook his head and focussed.

B roll please!

Khazad Elder
The Keeper
Talosian Magistrate

The knocking had become unbearable. Attempting to conceal himself the best he could (the intense knocking causing the Talosian 's large head to throb achingly thus making his illusion appear pitiful and transparent), The Keeper gazed out the pistil of the Zinnia (of the cockpit/The Pike). He hoped that the large space flower was indeed fooling Philippa Georgiou and that his last feeble attempt at an illusion, concealing himself within the flowers head, worked. To his surprise and delight, he could see no other ships looming nearby. Perhaps, he thought, the Winddancer had been knocked off course again? Or maybe he had just imagined it all? His illusions were starting to become confusing out in space without the controlled environment and other Talosian's to aid and help control them. Either way, he had fallen behind as he hid behind his illusion. One could not win a race hiding behind the flora. Drinking down an imagined vial of extra strength Tylenol, The Keeper silently and stealthily made his way back to the race.

The Vina Cell prisoners, Philippa Georgiou and Billy Joel, maybe knocking intensely over an over, ad nauseam (or they have created a new Bongo band together). I may be camouflaged in the pistil of a giant flower. I may be stealthily making my way back on course. I may be winning a race.

They may be/I may have, I may have, I may be, or it may be all an illusion.

B roll please

Thain of The Mark
Georgiou

She cursed in Malaysian as the ‘Delta Flyer’ not only surfed the wave of the anti-matter explosion better than she did, but manoeuvred so expertly as to use the explosion like a speed boost the propelled them towards the leader of the race. My that pilot could fly! But her appreciation of their skills was postponed as her own momentum suddenly faltered as her ship dropped out of the momentary warp burst and straight into the path of a solar wind that quickly knocked her off course and further into the recesses of the lower ranks. And if that were not bad enough, she had to take evasive action to avoid a head on collision with another shuttle that seemingly had come to her rescue. It was small comfort that her deceit had forced another ship to drop back when she was now desperately swerving and rolling her own vessel in a desperate attempt to avoid them both becoming wreckage on the racetrack. It was only last minute valiant effort to vent the aft fuel injectors that added extra twist to the tail spin and enabled her ship to fly by the ‘Galileo’, barely missing the other vessel.

Collision thus averted she redirected her trajectory to flow with the solar wind, and in the next instant her bright red glare of colour as a giant flower suddenly appeared in space before her. For a moment even she was speechless at its magnificent size and beautiful colours. And then a small smile crept across her face; nothing that beautiful could be safe.

“Computer; arm photon torpedo” she said, frustrated at the fact her earlier explosive endeavour had left her armed with only the one at present. She switched to manual aim - she could not trust the sensors if there was a Talosian around - but made no effort to fire, at least not just yet. When the centre of the flower suddenly became a face, she shuddered, and altered course.

She did not advance, but instead plotted a course around and away from the flower; it would further scupper her placing in the race, but if there is one thing she had learned in her time in the Terran Empire, it’s that sometimes it was better to swallow your pride and stay cautious than take a dangerous gamble when you were already down. Sometimes.

Having negotiated the solar wind, avoided collision with the ‘Galileo’ and resisted the tempting target of the Zinnia, she re-joined the race and was only slightly mollified to learn she was not in last place, though she wondered how long that would last now that her ship had lost one array of fuel injectors and the newly modified impulse engines had dropped to 74% efficiency.

She considered the ships behind her; one the ‘Galileo’ that had foolishly attempted to rescue, and the other an unknown. Little did she know that appeared on her sensors as ‘The Chalice’. Odd name for a ship, she pondered, then scanned the field ahead. Of course she had no idea that ‘The Chalice’ was being piloted by a betazed and seconds later that woman Deanna would feel a wave of unrestrained laughter and humour emitting from ‘The Winddancer’ as Georgiou finally caught sight of the space-manure-coated ‘Ziyal’ and burst into hysterics at the sight. Being further back in the rankings certainly had the advantage of being able to see the folly of those ahead.

She focussed her sights on the ship immediately ahead; a ‘Delta Flyer’, although she was uncertain if it was the same one that had ricocheted forward after her explosive antics or the other twin flying the field. For now it didn’t matter; she focussed only on drawing momentarily alongside the ship, which held its lead by a narrow margin. She still held a vague hope she might have time to climb to the lead, but if not, she intended to have some fun either way.

Her sensors suggested the other ship had suffered some sort of electrical overload; it seemed she wasn’t the only one whose shuttle was being rebellious. She opened a channel to the nearest ‘Delta Flyer’ and asked challengingly
(@Gwai-Gon Jinn) “It’s been a long time since I had a good drag race; do you think yourself a worthy enough opponent?” before diverting all possible power to the impulse engines in a daring attempt to get ahead of the other shuttle. It was a gamble pushing that much power through her remaining converters, and it might mean the end of her race if it backfired. But if it didn’t...

'The Winddancer'
'A’ Roll Please

Thain of The Mark
Captain Kathryn Janeway

Just as she was about to take go full-thruster again and hopefully take the lead in the race, Janeway heard a grunt behind her, and she had just enough time to grab her phaser again and turn it on the Kazon raiders who had apparently woken up at last (from where she'd restrained them in the back) and somehow gotten free.

It was close. She stunned the first one, and the second was right on his heels with the third Kazon, and they almost wrenched her out of the pilot's seat but she managed to kick them away and stun them again.

Several minutes later, after much grunting while hauling them to the back of the shuttle and hopefully properly restraining them this time, Janeway settled back into the pilot's seat and activated the thrusters again.

"First place, here I come!" she smiled.

B roll

Black Númenórean
ROLL RESULTS
Seven of Nine - no roll

The Doctor - B Roll - 10 - move forward!

Gul Dukat - no roll

Captain Janeway - B Roll - 11 - Your bad luck continues, as you are now blown off course by solar wind!

Deanna Troi - no roll

Philippa Georgiou - A Roll - 1 - move backwards

The Keeper - B Roll - 10 - move forward!

Standings After Round 6
1st

2nd
3rd
4th
5th
6th
7th

@Taethowen @Allacan ob Burzum @Eamila Bolger @Eldrith @Tyrion Lannister @A BEAR A BEAR @Gwai-Gon Jinn

Khazad Elder
The Keeper
Talosian Magistrate

It appeared to the Talosian Magistrate, that he was winning a race (or was he?). He would smile, but, he would have to go into the thought records to remember how one actual did this. The notion of the thought records made him lick his lips and blink one eye compulsively. He had the time to dive into the thought records, but it was so addictive. Could he concentrate on the race and memories at the same time? He had always been the strongest of the thousands of Talosian's on Talos IV; able to resist. Yet, as was the case earlier, his illusions had become weak and transparent , having forgotten how to maintain the machinery. It took all his effort to keep The Pike, Vina Cell and himself, in the race. Should he yield to the thought records, could he return to the race? There was only one way to find out.

"A thought record was an information storage system used by the Talosians to hold memories, which could then be accessed mentally for the purpose of living and reliving them. The Talosians had stored the lifes from members of several species from their part of the galaxy.
The Talosians became addicted to this practice, to the point where they even forgot how to maintain the machines left over by their ancestors.
"

I may be winning a race. I may have dove in, looking for the memory of a smile. I maybe wishing for a salve to relieve my lips, which have become terrible chapped due to the excessing licking caused by the addictiveness of the thought records.

I may be, or it may be all an illusion.

A roll please

Chef
The Doctor in the Galileo

'Haha!!!!'
The Doctor held a fist in the air and shook it. 'There we go, this is better! Out in the galaxy, on our way to the head of this race!'
The fact that he was actually going forward without any trouble or unexpected events, felt extremely good. 'Onwards, skipper, at full speed!'
It didn't bother him, that there was no skipper and that he was stil almost last in the row of racers. Perhaps there was something to do about that. They all had the coordinates of the finish line, hadn't they? But nobody had said anything about taking a short cut or two.
'Computer, scan for wormholes or other things that might help me', he said. 'What had Captain Georgiou said about this Commander Barcley? Wasn't he the one who was trying to help the Vogayer? Perhaps he could contact this man and see if he had an excellent idea...

B roll please

Thain of The Mark
Georgiou

One thing was certain; whoever was steering the two respective 'Delta Flyers', they were both exceptionally skilled pilots. As if the earlier surfer had not embarrassed her enough, this one seemed to take it to a new level, engaging in her drag-race with the expertise and cunning of a Terran. Their ship cut a beautiful line that had her throw everything 'The Winddancer' had in pursuit, and she was so engaged in her chase of the rear-most one - in the to-ing and fro-ing of cutting lines and corners, dodging through obstacles to stay close on its heels in a desperate attempt to squeeze past - that she did not realise that her opponent was cleverly manoeuvring her away from the main race route. Stubbornly ignoring the warning lights and smell of electrical smoke emitting from her over-burdened power conduits in the thrill of the chase, she felt the climax of the mini one-on-one race finally approaching as both ships set course towards a small asteroid. Both shuttles made a bee line for a pass on either side, or so she thought, and felt a thrill of success as she emerged on the far side of the space-rock ahead of her competitor.

Her small victory lasted only as long as it took her to realise that she had not, in fact, successfully passed by the 'Delta Flyer', but had instead fallen for the diversion put in place by her opponent. While she was claiming victory over this frozen hunk of space-rock, the other ship had cut off the competition as soon as the asteroid blocked her view and was already winging its way back towards the race leaders having successfully defended its position in 4th place

She laughed appreciatively, and nodded at the cunning, clever foe as she was left in the wake of it's impulse signature. She hailed the 'Delta Flyer' and spoke in a complimentary tone over the comm system to Seven of Nine, should she answer.
"Impressive flight skills you have there; did you learn them anywhere in particular, or are you just a natural talent?" She did not exactly expect a reply, but all the same she felt the need to at least try and acquaint herself with this cunning adversary who had so cannily outwitted her, even as she set in a new course in a fresh attempt to close with the vessel.

@Gwai-Gon Jinn (I hope you don't mind me taking the liberty of having Seven of Nine pulling some clever tactics in lieu of a response or prompt)

'The Winddancer'
'A’ Roll Please

Thain of The Mark
Captain Kathryn Janeway

"Oh good grief!" Janeway wailed with exasperation as the Delta Flyer suddenly pitched to one side and drifted off the path for the race. She was battling more obstacles than anything else, it seemed, between between the initial photon burst, then dealing with the Kazon twice, and now whatever this setback was! It was ridiculous.

Once she'd stabilized the Delta Flyer, and made sure that the Kazon raiders were still restrained in the back, she returned to the flight console. A short set of investigations showed that a solar wind had blown her quite a ways off course, and as she replotted her return, she hoped that she would, by some miracle, still slip into first place.

B roll

Esquire of The Mark
The explosion at the port nacelle had temporarily stunned her.. It meant her outboard engine was malfunctioning, the controls glitching.. and the shuttle craft had stuttered to a halt, now ready to spin in circles. She wasn't an engineer! She wasn't even a helmsman.. But she was trained and... WHY in Betazoid was this race cursed for her? If she believed in such things, she would think it was .. ghosts. Or something. She didn't.
What she did believe in was a focus of the mind, and healthy release mechanisms for frustrations. In this case.. BANGING BOTH fists against the control panel which.. to her surprise.. made the shuttlecraft slip out of it's spin and.. move forward????

((B roll. Persist in evil.))