Command Tent III - Cavalry OOC Thread

Where now are the horse and rider? In here, probably.
Thain of The Mark
Outside the Dragon Room, on a protected side of the formidable building, is a large tent. It's outside is decorated with the colors of each Eored, and ceorls and messengers can be seen coming and going constantly. Inside the tent is furnished with a large table in the center and surrounded by comfortable chairs. Food and drinks (but no strong alcohol, especially not Bilewitdox) are laid out for those who want it. This is the Command Tent. Set aside from the hustle and bustle of the Dragon Room but easily accessible, it is here for the Cavalry to discuss, plan and talk about anything and everything related to the Cavalry.

This thread is for OOC Cavalry Chat and planning. A place we can talk and discuss the Cavalry and have it all in one place for ease of access and discussion. Think along the lines of:
~ RP coordination and planning in and out of Cavalry threads.
~ OOC questions, comments, queries.
~ Suggestions and ideas for RP, threads, etc.
~ Opinions and ideas about the future of the Cavalry.
~ Concerns and issues.
~ Really any OOC cavalry stuff you have.

The Command Tent is meant to be an OOC place to ask questions, give feedback, make suggestions, and even question decisions made by the Cavalry leaders if you feel something is unfair or unjust. Nothing you say here will affect your standing within Rohan's Cavalry unless you violate Plaza rules, or are name-calling, bullying, or harassing another Plaza member.

If you prefer to contact a Marshal privately that is fine, but be aware we may take your comments to the Marshal’s Council for discussion, so please make clear if you wish your identity to be kept confidential. The admins are also there for you if you wish to keep a Plaza-rule violation anonymous even from the Marshals. You can report any incidents like this to the admins using this form.

Marshal Contact Info:
Please identify yourself with your Plaza username and Cavalry rank when contacting, but note if you would like to remain anonymous otherwise.

Email (remove spaces and replace parentheses with appropriate punctuation marks):
marshals (dot) riddermark (at) gmail (dot) com

Discord:
Shivased - Shivased/Ashley#6415
Taethowen - Rebekah Loper#4402

From the First Marshal on the subject:
Shivased wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:58 pm Also note TO ALL: In future, the Marshal Team would prefer any communication regarding the Cavalry to be conducted here on the Plaza. If you have concerns, comments or questions, please use this thread for that. It can be difficult to keep track of things on IM, and we want to promote open, transparent communication so that everyone is comfortable. Of course if your concern is sensitive or private, feel free to contact the marshals via discord or email.

Important Links
~ Command Tent II
~ Command Tent I
~ Dragon Room II
~ Cavalry Courtyard II
~ Oath of the Cavalry
~ Records of Rohan (Archive)

Rules
~ Cavalry and retired Cavalry only unless otherwise planned for (i.e. other people planning RPs with potential Cavalry involvement, new members asking questions, etc.)
~ Please post in the appropriate color for your Eored: Eastmark Blue - #000080; Westmark Red - #BF0000; Meduseld Green - #008000; the HCMA will post in Purple (#670088) when advising/acting as HCMA.
~ Be Nice. No yelling, insulting, throwing manure, etc. Those who do will be tossed into the void (or the manure pile, whichever one we're feeling like)
~ Plaza rules on fairness, acceptance, and all that apply.

Please wait to post until the second post in this thread is up so that space is reserved for recaps/topics from the last thread.
Second Marshal of the Mark
Westmark Éored

Thain of The Mark
Important Topics/Recaps from Command Tent II:

Gwai's Retirement:
Gwai wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:42 pm This is a hard post to write, but I need to announce my retirement, not only from the Cavalry, but the Plaza as well. Life has been so hectic lately and doesn't look as if that will change, I just don’t have the time to devote to the Plaza anymore. I’ll be retiring after the Cav RPG is over.

I feel so lucky to have been able to reunite with old friends, as well as make new ones! The Plaza returned at such a perfect time. I’ll still be around on Discord, FB, Insta etc, so please stay in touch!

Taethowen's Sabbatical
Taethowen wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:47 pm I must also announce that I will be taking a leave of absence myself. I should have my part in the Cav RPG wrapped up in the next day or so. I have, in all honesty, been trying to take this leave of absence since September, but Cavalry responsibilities kept pulling me back. Now that the RPG is (finally!) winding up, I need to step away for a while. I've posted a farewell in OOME if anyone wants to know more of the reasons why.

It's sucky timing with Gwai stepping down, but that's life sometimes. I do want to clarify a few things:

1. I'll be getting a new Command Tent set up before my departure so that these things can be discussed without getting lost in the mass of nearly 300 posts that is *this* CT! The following points are just things to start thinking about, we don't have to have a discussion on them yet.

2. IC Taeth will be stepping down as Second Marshal, for a variety of reasons. However, upon my return (hopefully February-ish), I will still be fulfilling duties as a Marshal for the Cavalry in an OOC capacity (helping to train new recruits, maintaining threads, planning Cavalry activities, etc.) until we decide when we're holding the next Marshal election (probably February/March).

3. In discussion with @Shivased and @Gwai about the current numbers and activity level (and with two Marshals stepping away/going on leave at the same time) of the Cavalry, one idea we've broached is condensing the Cavalry to two eoreds instead of 3 and only having 2 marshals for the time being.

4. Some roster updates (inactive members, especially) and promotions will be in order soon, but some of those will likely be waiting until February-ish as well, unless you the Cavalry members express the desire for it to be done sooner than that. At this point we're anticipating that activity level is going to remain a bit slower as we go into the New Year and we don't want to bog you all down with too much!

Pending Topics From Previous Thread:
Thread/RPG Idea - Pæthfindian Hunt (Pæth & Seek?)
Cavalry Organization - Community Established Rules
Cavalry Organization - Council for Mediation, Additional Thoughts
Cavalry Organization - Terms of Office for Marshals, Additional Thoughts on Marshal Terms, Even More Thoughts on Marshal Terms
Cavalry Organization - Various Thoughts on Ranks, More Thoughts on Ranks
Second Marshal of the Mark
Westmark Éored

Thain of The Mark
Ok, typing this up now before I go on my sabbatical, so that I don't forget it.

These are my personal thoughts on shifting the Cavalry to two eoreds rather than 3, I'm not speaking as a Marshal here.

There is canon-ish justification for this. In the Unfinished Tales (The Battles of the Fords of Isen, Appendix i, final paragraph) that after Theoden's funeral, Eomer reordered his realm and appointed a Marshal of the Westmark and a Marshal of the Eastmark. For all intents and purposes the King (or, if appointed, an 'Underking') would serve as the head of the Cavalry or the Underking would, depending on the circumstances. I personally think that reshaping the Cavalry into the Eastmark and the Westmark, with a rotating patrol/guard for Meduseld and Edoras would be the best bet for now.

At the moment, we have 9 active (accounting for those who are AWOL or have told us of plans to leave, whether here or elsewhere) Cavalry members (or 12, if we count secondary characters as well). While I hope that changes in the future, it'll take time. But it's just not a sufficient number to maintain 3 eoreds *and* 3 marshals.

All of this is just food for thought. Things can get decided later, after the holidays and after my sabbatical, and like the Marshal elections, this should be something that the Cavalry decides on.

Ent Ancient
So I anticipate this will be a slow discussion and I've held off because I am a crusty retiree and don't want to overstep. I do think downsizing to two eoreds is a good and practical idea based on membership numbers, more so that there is some canon backup for it.

I actually had this thought way back when the NuPlaza Cavalry was re-starting but there was so much new energy and excitement I didn't want to rain on anyone's parade knowing some people might have strong feelings about their eoreds (Back in the day I was a pretty devout Westmarker myself. :) ) so I hesitated to suggest it openly. I guess I imagine it would be more fun to RP with a more filled out eored but not being in it myself, I don't actually know what other people want so I am glad this is up for discussion.

Ent Ancient
Psst congrats @Pele Alarion on Hadassa joining the Westmark!

Knight of The Mark
Quick note in case Cavalry don't see the Golden Hall. I am around, and we will be getting to doing some Cavalry discussion and organization and whatnot in the very near future. Work has exploded thanks to covid (working remotely but in a weird way, going back to partial in-person with some students tomorrw, gov't isn't being clear, nobody actually knows what's going on and all that fun), so I'm kinda all over the place and my activity will be sketchy until it slows down and things start going back to normal, probably end of the month.
First Marshal of the Mark
Eastmark Eored

Forth Eorlingas!

High Warden of Tower
@Lailyn Well, my two cents into Rohan's activity. ;)

I'm not sure if I have anything useful to add to discussion at this point; perhaps once I wrap my head around how Cavalry works and won't end up mixing it up with Ranger stuff...

Ent Ancient
well you get extra brownie points from me Pele for picking my old eored! :winkkiss:

@Shivased err that sounds stressful. wishing you as smooth as transition as possible and stay safe!

Esquire of The Mark
@Taeth-on-Hiatus and @Gwai, I am sorry to see you go for a little or longer, it has been a real pleasure to RP with you and get to know your characters (and by that, also a bit you you guys, or so I like to believe). I hope our paths may cross again!

I think scaling back to two (or even one?) eoreds are wise, especially since we aren't a lot of active members. I have no problems moving Ama to a different eored, though she always considers herself an Eastmarker, she has been placed in every eored at one point or another, so I have no strong feelings.

I think we ought to consider also just one eored, but perhaps open up for two or three of the special ranks? Though at this point it will probably mean that most of us are by now a special rank of some sort, but is that really a problem? Though in case we go down to one eored I think we should have a marshal and a second marshal/feldmarshal in the same eored, to give the marshal someone to discuss and make decisions with and also in case something happens in RL.

On another note, @Pele Alarion, I might just follow your new shiny badge around for the month *swoon*
Hælend of Meduseld

High Warden of Tower
Hmm, come to think of it... A compact unit doesn't seem to hurt. We scaled down Rangers to just one company/small unit to keep people together. Maybe one eored would give more opportunities for people to interact, considering the 'fewness' of people, and if special ranks don't overlap too much that could only be more interesting.

@Amadhrill, so you gonna come play in Gondor? :lol: I think this was my ruler icon, so thought it would fit well with RPG and stuff.

Esquire of The Mark
@Pele Alarion :lol: Very tempting, but then I would need a new character. Ama has vowed never to set foot in Gondor again (unless ordered to), she's only been there to look for a lost husband or as part of some cavalry campaign, so safe to say she has no fond memories of it. And then it was this ranger who claimed that she didn't know how the Gondorian Rangers fought when she saw one :flail: :wink: :lol: Oh, and did I mention how disapointed I was after rewatching TT (the day after finishing reading TT) with regards to how Faramir is portrayed in the movies... But that is a whole different discussion, just had to say it where I know someone will understand my frustration :lo:
Hælend of Meduseld

Ent Ancient
I didn't even think about consolidating to a single eored, but that might also warrant some thought. I don't see much problem with there being lots of higher ranking characters in that case. I guess the disadvantage is you'd need NPCs to "order around" then.

@Pele Alarion seriously its great to have you here, you already have some great insights from all your Ranger experience which I think is super valuable! I do think it is very sensible to scale down on the NuPlaza since we're a small community.

Pssst yes @Amadhrill come play any character at all in Gondor! I'm dipping my toes in there and its been fun. :smile: Pele keep flaunting that Faramir icon around here to entice Amadhrill! :grin:

High Warden of Tower
*runs around with her Faramir icon as per @Lailyn instructions* @Amadhrill maybe Pele could convince Ama that Gondorians are not all that bad? :lol: They would probably find much in common to discuss. Or make a new character and come play. Hehe.

Ent Ancient
Yessss precious! I'm going to exit this thread before I get things too off-topic sorry

Esquire of The Mark
@Pele Alarion :googly: I think Ama would like Pele if they got to know each other (and Ama thinks very highly of Gondorians and Rangers as allies and kin of her first husband), but she is quite adament that she will not go there unless ordered. I'll see if I can make a new character and be tempted by the presence of Faramir :lol: @Lailyn :rasp:
Hælend of Meduseld

High Warden of Tower
:grin:
But speaking of too many high-standing people and not enough of those to be ordered around: isn't it so that various responsibilities (haeland, paethfindian, etc) do not really overlap, so each would still be responsible of a certain area? Or is there a hierarchy of these?

Knight of The Mark
@Pele Alarion It isn't really a hierarchy. It is more that things don't overlap. Haelends are overseen by a bealdorhaelend, paethfindians are commanded by an aerest paethfindian. Any regular soldiers would be overseen by the feldmarshal and marshal.

And if we have all of the "senior" people, I don't see a problem with having NPCs to order around. Either created as the situation dictates and they disappear after back into the ranks, or else ones people choose to regularly use, like my own NPC Jacen. It seems to be a pretty good system.

Also to everyone: I'm reading responses and keeping up, and will have a "marshal" post up in early February addressing everything, and hopefully a plan to present to you all for discussion/approval/denial regarding the eoreds.
Eastmark Eored

Forth Eorlingas!

Esquire of The Mark
NPCs are good!

Also, just a head's up, my part of Norway was put on (close to) complete lockdown with me and my husband on home office (again), kids on homeschooling and home day care... I am not made for all of that and I see too much of the same computer all day, so I prioritize doing something else after work. But plan for getting some posts up. Just might not be happening this week. (@Lailyn ). Next week seems to be getting better, I hope it will!
Hælend of Meduseld

Esquire of The Mark
@Gwai , @Thalionwen Hunigfolm and @Shivased, I want to take @Pele Alarion on the word and bring Ama to Gondor, because I am terrible at trying to figure out a new character and I have found a reason she would actually go. But it requires a bit of assistance from her superiors... I want her to approach the marshals/bealdorhælend and ask for a leave of absence for a short trip to Minas Tirith to visit the Houses of Healing and see if she can follow the healers there around for a week or two to learn from them. But she won't go without leave (she's a stubborn old hælend). I am thinking this to be a formality to let me play with Ama "abroad", so whatever is going on here in Rohan will simply be before or after her trip, I am flexible:lol: What I am asking is for permission to godmod one of you to be present in the Dragon Room so she might ask someone?
Hælend of Meduseld

Knight of The Mark
@Amadhrill no need to godmode, just post in the DR and request permission, tag me and I will reply to your post right away. I'm doing online learning with work for the next few school days, so I'm available to get a post in for you!
Eastmark Eored

Forth Eorlingas!

Ent Ancient
@Amadhrill - no worries! Stay safe, stay well, take care of yourself and family and plaza when you can/feel like it. <3 (looking forward to seeing you in Gondor as well! :smile:)

High Warden of Tower
@Amadhrill You are definitely welcome to enjoy Minas Tirith when you come and have time to play! Come to think of it... I should return the favour, and do something more with Pele in Rohan, after the Mettare feast. Perhaps.

Knight of The Mark
Cavalry Update

Things have been quite for a while now, as you guys all know, and as we expected would happen once people started going back to work. The Cavalry has lost a few people, and our ranks are rather thin, so a few changes need to be made. The changes will mostly happen regarding the structure of the Cavalry. The goal is to reduce the eoreds to 2, or even 1, and re-structure the ranks a little bit to reflect the new number of eoreds. It would result in shuffling people around, but nobody would lose their rank or position unless they want to.

The options are as follows:

1. Remaining as-is.
This is still an option, but not really a practical one. Essentially we keep all 3 eoreds and continue as is, filling empty ranks and positions with NPCs on an as-needed basis. It provides plenty of room for promotion and training as haelends and paeths, but we only have a couple people in each eored and a LOT of empty space. Eventually everyone will be in command positions and we'll have nobody in the lower ranks but NPCs.

2. 2 Eoreds
This is the best option we have. We reduce to 2 eoreds. Disband one eored and shuffle the members into the 2 remaining eoreds. We would lose a paethfindian, marshal, feldmarshal and haelend position, but since we don't have enough members to fill them anyway, it isn't a problem. Any still-empty ranks or positions would be filled in by NPCs as needed. This would give us more room as well for haelends and paethfindians should people wish to train, as we could have 2 each with the bealdorhaelend and aerest paeth, for a total of 3 each. There's a bit more upward movement and room for promotion as well. The only downside is we may have more empty slots that need NPCs to fill.

3. 1 Eored

We cut everything back to just one eored. This is kind of an extreme, last-ditch option that would reduce us all into one eored that, essentially, would run out of Edoras. The way I see it we'd just assume the other eoreds existed and were doing their duty out of Aldburg and Helm's Deep, but we wouldn't actually RP much of that unless it worked into an RPG. With this option we'd have one haelend, paeth, marshal, feldmarshal. There wouldn't be as much room for advancement in this model as most positions and ranks would be filled, and it would be hard to have more than one of each position without over-filling things.

The plan is to continue with things like small RPs, patrols, and other activities, but at a slower pace that people can participate in as they have time. With life so crazy and all the ups and downs we're all dealing with, it's important that we keep balance and make sure the Cavalry is a place people can come to for fun, just like the plaza is intended, so the goal is to allow for the easiest and least stressful way to accomplish that for everyone.

We'd like to hear everyone's opinions and preferred option for the Cavalry. Even if you just say "I'd prefer option 2", make your voice known! And if you have any other ideas or anything, please feel free to express them!
Eastmark Eored

Forth Eorlingas!

Knight of The Mark
@Amadhrill, @Pele Alarion, @Dimcairien Luiniel, @Gwai @Taeth-on-Hiatus, @Eldrith, @Allacan ob Burzum, @Aethelu, @Éolath @corlisswyn, and anyone else I missed!
Eastmark Eored

Forth Eorlingas!

Esquire of The Mark
I am for one (or two) eoreds, we are not a lot of people here and I think it would be easier and more fun to be all of us together in one place. I think that a way to keep the upwards mobility option open would be for the marshals (and all of us in positions-of-interests) should be very open and attentive to others' wishes, so that if needed, we can step down and allow others to train and practice their new skills. (Though I must admit that it will be hard to have Ama return to a lower position, as being a hælend is so much a part of who she is, I will make it happen). Another option is perhaps to have a longer trainee periode? Or is it really a problem to have more hælends and pathies?
Hælend of Meduseld

Elven Enchanter
Option 2 sounds good to me. I've been a bit scarce recently as I've been trying to adjust to my new work schedule, but I think I have things mostly figured out, so hopefully I'll be around a bit more again.

If need be, I could easily create another NPC for the Cavalry to help fill out some of the lower ranks.

And on a slightly different topic, I hope to get the training post in the courtyard up this week.

High Warden of Tower
I would tend towards 1 eored, for the same reasons that @Amadhrill stated. It might be more fun to have closer interactions as a small group rather than technically being spread out across the country.

Also, perhaps there could be an option for training/gaining knowledge without necessarily achieving a new rank? Like a specialisation/upskilling sort of thing, something to add to a CV as additional training. :grin:

Knight of The Mark
Ok, wow. Sorry for disappearing for almost a month everyone! I've been stuck in isolation twice now with only a week between each round thanks to Covid at the school I work in, and have had to work from home as a result. Staring at a computer all day has left me with no desire to do anything else online in the evenings. As usual I have kept an eye on things, but just haven't been able to post.

It seems that from the comments made, we would be best served going down to 1 eored. I think given our small numbers that would work best. It does bring up the issue of enough ranks/positions for everyone to have options and advancement, but there are ranks we took out years ago that can be added back in, and training can easily be done without being given positions, just to give people something to do. So we will go down to one eored. There are a couple things that were brought up to me that I thought I would put to everyone to discuss.

1. Eored/insignias: Logically we would call it Meduseld, since the eored would be based in Edoras, and just assume that Westmark and Eastmark are off doing their things outside the capital. I do know though that a lot of us are heavily loyal to their eoreds. I personally have never been anything but Eastmark and can't even imagine having a green insignia instead of blue. What was suggested to me was that although we combine everyone into one eored, we allow everyone who is currently in the Westmark or Eastmark to keep their insignias and remain in those eoreds, but have them attached to the main eored in Edoras, as if they have been seconded to Meduseld to serve their king there. Then in RPs that take place outside Edoras, we actually have people from all three eoreds to fill things out a bit.

2. Ranks: Currently things go Trainee > Sperewigend > Dryhtguma >Aethelwigend >Marshal. We've taken out a few ranks over the years, so to give some chance of advancement what are thoughts on adding a couple things in so it would go Trainee > Sperewigend > Dryhtguma > Aethelwigend > Magisterwigend > Feldmarshal > Marshal. Of course the Paeth, Haelend and aerest/bealdor would still be in there with the Paeths/haelends at the same level as Aethelwigend and the aerest and bealdor equal to either magisterwigend or feldmarshal.

@Pele Alarion, @Amadhrill, @Dimcairien Luiniel, @Gwai, @Eldrith, @Aethelu, @corlisswyn and anyone else I missed.
Eastmark Eored

Forth Eorlingas!

Esquire of The Mark
I know how little I want to return to the same computer in the evenings after a day of home office, so I totally get your lack of motivation, @Shivased! I hope you get to go out more now!

Speaking as the Eastmarker, who had to turn Westmarker to become a hælend and then ended up in the Meduseld eored. You get used to the change :lol: But I like that there is a choice to keep the old eored insignia for those who want. And the ranks sounds good.
Hælend of Meduseld

High Warden of Tower
@Shivased Ack! Though... Welcome to my world - I sit at the computer all day long, at home, covid or no covid. :googly: Though then there is running and such to balance out all the sitting. I hope though that things will sort out for you soonish.

As for Cav business - both points seem very good!

Knight of The Mark
@Pele Alarion Things are finally sorting themselves out now that school is in-person again. We're all crossing our fingers that it stays that way for a bit!

I'm going to give it another couple days for comments and around mid-week will start a new Dragon Room and post the new roster. I'm also working on a small training RP, kind of an IC "get everyone used to being in only one eored" thing, which will open either on the weekend or next week.
Eastmark Eored

Forth Eorlingas!

High Warden of Tower
Yay, looking forward to some RP!

Knight of The Mark
Dragon Room is closed, new one open! Everyone, please have a look at the Roster and make sure I have you in the right place/position/rank. If it's wrong or an NPC is missing, etc. let me know and I can edit.

Also, there is no need to change your insignia or signature or anything unless you choose to. As stated above we're going to go with everyone being in their usual eoreds, but seconded to Meduseld, that way we still have eoreds and it makes things more varied for RP if we choose.

New Courtyard and RP will be a couple days, I've been handed a pile of stuff to do for work that I have to get done first, so keep an eye out, the new Courtyard with an RP will open in a couple days.
Eastmark Eored

Forth Eorlingas!

Knight of The Mark
Oookay, now that we're back, anything Cavalry that was going on, has been lost. Given how slow it was and how RL has kept a lot of us busy, does anyone wish to re-start the Courtyard training, or just open a courtyard for some free RP with a few prompts here and there? I'm willing to just open a courtyard and we can carry on with @Amadhrill's First Aid stuff, if everyone else is in. Otherwise it will just be a free RP for a bit, until I come up with something else/my wrist heals and posting is easier again.
Eastmark Eored

Forth Eorlingas!

High Lord of Imladris
I have the calvary courtyard up to date (why I am not sure but I had it open minutes before the crash) You guys can find all the posts Here

The courtmarshall is lost though I'm okay with rewriting that part for the dragon room.

Ent Ancient
As far as Fuin's court marshal, I can re-write and re-post the letter to @Shivased but I'm also fine with operating on a "we know what happened off screen/on-screen-but-it's-gone" and letting you move forward with it. :thumbs:

High Lord of Imladris
I can easily just repost Fuin returning to the Dragon Room for the court marshal if we want to skep the letter bits. It was blessedly only one post on my part and a fairly easy one. so shouldn't take too much to rewrite it on my part.

Balrog
*cough* sorry but drop in and be this guy... but it's court martial, not court marshal... *runs away*
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Ent Ancient
Sounds good Fuin!
Well maybe in Rohan its court marshal :tongue: :lol:

High Warden of Tower
@Shivased In relation to training: I don't mind continuing with first aid stuff and such. Will try to get myself to be more active again (still more or less idling about on the plaza, and now trying to figure out what was written how far and where).

Elven Enchanter
@Shivased Whatever is easiest for you honestly. We can kind of assume the muddy training happened and go from there. Still trying to work out exactly what Eomund will be doing as he continues to progress through the cavalry.

Also looking forward to the chaos that will be the upcoming court martial.

Esquire of The Mark
I am up for whatever, but seeing as so few have responded so far I am okay with doing the first aid at a later occasion:) Also, trying to find out where I should be with the after-chaos now :lol:
Hælend of Meduseld

Thain of The Mark
Lailyn wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:30 am Sounds good Fuin!
Only if Fuin is planning on wooing Shivased? :winkkiss:
Shivased wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:37 pm Oookay, now that we're back, anything Cavalry that was going on, has been lost. Given how slow it was and how RL has kept a lot of us busy, does anyone wish to re-start the Courtyard training, or just open a courtyard for some free RP with a few prompts here and there? I'm willing to just open a courtyard and we can carry on with @Amadhrill's First Aid stuff, if everyone else is in. Otherwise it will just be a free RP for a bit, until I come up with something else/my wrist heals and posting is easier again.
I vote for just Free RP for now. You need to give your wrist plenty of time to heal (and stop injuring yourself!) and I don't have the brainpower right now to take over the whole training exercise for you, lol. This summer has been brutal. But I can probably think of some prompts to toss up as well so you're not having to manage it all! :smooch:

Ent Ancient
Taethowen wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:27 pm
I mean I would also enjoy reading that kind of court marshal as well as the actual court martial (look I spelled it right) that has been set in motion...

Elven Enchanter
Lailyn wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:47 pm
Taethowen wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:27 pm
I mean I would also enjoy reading that kind of court marshal as well as the actual court martial (look I spelled it right) that has been set in motion...
Courting a marshal whilst in the middle of a court martial? I mean, it's been awhile since Rohan's had a bit of utter chaos …

Ent Ancient
Calling @Allacan ob Burzum to come sing Marshal Fair! :grin:

High Lord of Imladris
I mean if we want me to woo Shivased to get out of being punished that could be highly... interesting. I am not against it, as it could fantastically hilarious IC...

I feel though that Fuin attempting wooing a superior officer would some how get her in more trouble than less :lol:

Knight of The Mark
I'm gonna go with no woo-ing, LOL. Shiv would definitely have to call a healer and perhaps send you to a nice padded room :lol:

Just an update, I'm really struggling with typing one-handed, but should have the stuff in the Courtyard going again on the weekend, and can catch up on any other posting I may have waiting. Just typing things is going very slowly, and add to that I still work all day....yeah.
Eastmark Eored

Forth Eorlingas!

High Warden of Tower
Checking in. How is your hand, @Shivased ? And how is life treating you, @Amadhrill , @Taethowen , @Dimcairien Luiniel , @Allacan ob Burzum ? *hides just in case tagging quite a few folk in one post turns out to be too much* :lol: :tongue:

Knight of The Mark
OMG, It has been 2 months! I can't believe I haven't gotten anything up sooner! @Pele Alarion thanks for tagging me and reminding me!

So.....hand is doing good, 2 surgeries later. I can almost type again and final cast should be off in the next couple weeks. Then some physio and by summer, according to the doctor, I'll have a perfectly normal hand again!

My hugest apologies to everyone for not posting. Life took a couple turns (not including the hand) so plaza just got left behind. I will do my best to have something for the Cavalry up this weekend (I'm thinking a nice relaxing pub for now!), and perhaps catch up on non-Cavalry stuff.
Eastmark Eored

Forth Eorlingas!