Command Tent II - Cavalry OOC Thread

Where now are the horse and rider? In here, probably.
Elven Enchanter
Assuming the Helms Deep RP is starting soonish now that Halloween craziness is dying down, I’ll try to get my post I sometime this week.

Thain of The Mark
I am excited for this RP too!

High Warden of Tower
Looking forward to that RP, though I still should stop being lost in translation (almost literally - I have taken on too many translation projects) and do the cavalry training post.

New Soul
Restarting the Helm's Deep RPG now! A couple days for anyone who wants to join in, and then first update will be in about 2-3 days (although probably Monday because I'm off work). If you already posted, just please re-read the opening post, I made a very slight change

Elven Enchanter
I'll plan to post tomorrow then! It looks like it will be quite a bit of fun and require some brain power, which hopefully I still have.

Knight of The Mark
Just a note to everyone waiting on me, especially those waiting for training in the Courtyard - @Pele Alarion especially. I will have a post up for you tomorrow! Work and life has gotten a bit crazy the last couple weeks and has left me with little time for posting. Thankfully is settling down a bit now, and I can get caught up!
First Marshal of the Mark
Eastmark Eored

Forth Eorlingas!

High Warden of Tower
@Gwai... It takes so much effort to refrain from reading other people's clues. :lol:

Elven Enchanter
@Gwai and @Shivased I'll hopefully get back into both Courtyard and the Helms Deep RPs as of tomorrow. NaNo took up the majority of my creative energy this past month.

New Soul
@Pele Alarion —Haha I’ll bet! At least your clue was for everyone! :lol:

@Dimcairien Luiniel No problem, take your time! :grin:
Third Marshal of the Mark
Meduseld Éored

Knight of The Mark
@Dimcairien Luiniel check in the Dragon Room! Eomund has been assigned patrol this month in the Riddermarket with Shivased. If there are any issues with being able to do patrol, that's fine. Just let me know, or post whatever you can. Shiv can do the majority of the patrol if needed.
Eastmark Eored

Forth Eorlingas!

Elven Enchanter
@Shivased Sounds good! I should be able to get a post in over the next couple of days. Hopefully Éomund has gotten over some of his fear of being around the Marshals by this point. :grin:

Thain of The Mark
I formally request permission to take extended leave from the cavalry.

I haven’t been able to post for a few weeks and I don’t anticipate being able to return to RP until January so think it best to formally withdraw from cavalry duties until I am back online again.

Grimthain is currently in the Helm’s Deep RP but I’ll try and find a way to excuse him from there in a way that doesn’t massively interrupt the storyline. IC he had already requested some personal leave from both his Marshal @Gwai and @Taethowen to visit family and make arrangements to move to Meduseld, so he will likely spend the winter off-duty visiting Éomund’s mother Leigh to ensure she is supported during the colder months. I intend to RP this visit in LITM at some point (@Dimcairien Luiniel we could maybe do letters back and forth between Grimthain and Eomund during this period if you like? Eomund would have been told Grimthain was visiting Leigh, but not all his full intentions for doing so)

Allacan is currently unconscious in the care of @Nia and @Lailyn. I’ve provided more info for them in Golden Hall OOC thread but in summary, even though her injuries are minimal Allacan is under the influence of some sort of curse and cannot be woken (conveniently she will remain unconscious until my return to RP). By all means RP as you will if her resurfacing and sickness is discovered; if you need information about the man she has killed PM me on Facebook or Discord and I will let you know more about who he is.

All my cavalry comrades stay safe and I’ll be back to play again in the New Year.

Elven Enchanter
@Allacan ob Burzum I'm fine with doing a set of letters between Éomund and Grimthain. Just let me know when you're up to RPing again. Take all the time you need and do whatever it is you need to take care of your health.

Knight of The Mark
@Allacan ob Burzum Permission granted. Take all the time you need, and deal with RL. *hugs* We're all here when you're ready to RP again.
Eastmark Eored

Forth Eorlingas!

Horse Trainer of The Mark
Juat popping in to say go ahead and Remove Rowena and Audley from the roster please.

In War We Know Willpower, In Peace We Know Love~

Elven Enchanter
@Gwai Are Éomund and @Shivased supposed to select one of the remaining choices after discovering the body in the caves? I didn't do so and forgot to tag you in the RP to ask this question. If so, I'll edit my choice in tomorrow.

New Soul
@Dimcairien Luiniel Yes, because otherwise there isn't too much else to do there!

Edit: Nevermind, looks like Taeth sent you along to the Infirmary in the last post anyway. That's perfect. Time for wrap up!
Last edited by Gwai on Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Soul
This is a hard post to write, but I need to announce my retirement, not only from the Cavalry, but the Plaza as well. Life has been so hectic lately and doesn't look as if that will change, I just don’t have the time to devote to the Plaza anymore. I’ll be retiring after the Cav RPG is over.

I feel so lucky to have been able to reunite with old friends, as well as make new ones! The Plaza returned at such a perfect time. I’ll still be around on Discord, FB, Insta etc, so please stay in touch!
Third Marshal of the Mark
Meduseld Éored

Master Torturer
Sorry to see you go Gwai! I know you said you are retiring from plaza, but I hope you can come round for a lil peak once in a while and let us know how you are getting on? If not, I understand <3

High Warden of Tower
But, but... @Gwai! I didn't even get to interact long enough with you to get to know you more! At any rate I hope that life will calm down a little for you and treat you kindly. :smooch:

Elven Enchanter
@Gwai I'm sorry to see you go. It's been a pleasure getting to know you and I hope you are able to pop back in every now and then as time allows. Thank you for all that you do, both here on Plaza and in the real world. I'll be sure to keep in touch with you over discord and other forms of social media if you're up for it.

Thain of The Mark
@Gwai *hugs* we will miss you here, and like @Winddancer said, I hope you'll pop back in every once and a while!

And on that note, I must also announce that I will be taking a leave of absence myself. I should have my part in the Cav RPG wrapped up in the next day or so. I have, in all honesty, been trying to take this leave of absence since September, but Cavalry responsibilities kept pulling me back. Now that the RPG is (finally!) winding up, I need to step away for a while. I've posted a farewell in OOME if anyone wants to know more of the reasons why.

It's sucky timing with Gwai stepping down, but that's life sometimes. I do want to clarify a few things:

1. I'll be getting a new Command Tent set up before my departure so that these things can be discussed without getting lost in the mass of nearly 300 posts that is *this* CT! The following points are just things to start thinking about, we don't have to have a discussion on them yet.

2. IC Taeth will be stepping down as Second Marshal, for a variety of reasons. However, upon my return (hopefully February-ish), I will still be fulfilling duties as a Marshal for the Cavalry in an OOC capacity (helping to train new recruits, maintaining threads, planning Cavalry activities, etc.) until we decide when we're holding the next Marshal election (probably February/March).

3. In discussion with @Shivased and @Gwai about the current numbers and activity level (and with two Marshals stepping away/going on leave at the same time) of the Cavalry, one idea we've broached is condensing the Cavalry to two eoreds instead of 3 and only having 2 marshals for the time being.

4. Some roster updates (inactive members, especially) and promotions will be in order soon, but some of those will likely be waiting until February-ish as well, unless you the Cavalry members express the desire for it to be done sooner than that. At this point we're anticipating that activity level is going to remain a bit slower as we go into the New Year and we don't want to bog you all down with too much!
Second Marshal of the Mark
Westmark Éored

Master Torturer
Like I said in Oome, see you on the flip side and I hope the break will help <3 Should you guys need help with the Cav elections again, Admins are of course up for helping again. Same goes for Shiva if she needs help until that is sorted.

Knight of The Mark
@Gwai *hugs* It was great RPing with you again, and I hope we get the chance to do so in the future! Take whatever time you need, and if you choose to come back to us eventually, you'll be more than welcome, in the Cavalry and Rohan!
Eastmark Eored

Forth Eorlingas!

Ent Ancient
I will miss you @Gwai but it was fun to RP with you even for a short time! I wish you all the best and if you do ever stop by here, don't be shy and say hi! :smooch:

Thain of The Mark
This thread is now closed!

Please continue to Command Tent III for further discussion or to leave farewell messages for Gwai.