The Golden Hall III (Meduseld OOC)

Where now are the horse and rider? In here, probably.
Doorwarden of The Mark

Welcome to The Golden Hall of Edoras: Meduseld! This is a general OOC thread - the place to bring all OOC comments, questions, collaborations, concerns, comings and goings, etc. The usual Plaza rules apply; especially that one you were just thinking about.

Links!
Regular Rohan RP Threads:-
The Eallníwe Inn - the current Pub
Riddermark Ærendgewrit—Rohirric Mail - If your chara can write now, it being the 4th Age and all.
Life in the Mark II - "Daily Life"
Fields and Forests - Wandering and whimsy
Se Riddermarket - Market Day!
Edoras Infirmary--Mettarë - Like vets, but for people
LeóÞ swá Worð (Hall of Rohirric Histories) - What is your name? What is your quest?
Meduseld Memoirs - Diary entries, and the voyeurs who read them
Wæftfald and Hofhus (Show Ring and Stables) RP Thread - "Horsey Place," per Allacan

Regular Rohan OOC Threads:-
A Caption Contest - One of the first threads recreated on the NewPlaza, and for good reason.
Riders Unhorsed--A Picture Thread - Pictures of the riders, not the horses
Records of Rohan (Archive) - Salvage from the flotsam of OldPlaza
Hall of Rohirric Histories OOC - The OOC counterpart to "LeóÞ swá Worð"

Cavalry Threads:-
Dragon Room II - New Beginnings - Cav HQ
Command Tent II - Cavalry OOC Thread - Cav OOC
Cavalry Courtyard II - Regular Cav RP
Oath of the Cavalry - Dare ye join the elite Cavalry?

Special Events/One-off RPGs:-
It's All Child's Play! - Time r-r-rewind!
The Throne Room - Eomer's Back! - The IC counterpart to this thread: the Golden Hall of Meduseld!
Edoras Burnt - Firefighting RPG (Open RP) - I get burnt down, but I build up again...
...even Rohan had a Montage... (Open RP) - "Risin' up, back on the street / Did my time, took my chances..."
br
br

Golden Hall Backtrack:
Link to The Golden Hall I
Link to The Golden Hall II
Last edited by Wamba_the_Fool on Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:51 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Thain of The Mark
Allacan ob Burzum wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:47 pm I agree Golden Hall OOC, Riddermark Ærendgewrit—Rohirric Mail, and Records of Rohan (Archive) should all definitely be archived.

Need to get some activity in the Meduseld Memoirs first before it is worthy of being pinned, a link in the OP is probably enough for now.
Do you mean pinned?

Also, I was thinking with Meduseld Memoirs, it might be more likely to get more activity if it is pinned, since it's probably going to be a slower moving thread altogether, and likely to get lost to the second page.

Thain of The Mark

Doorwarden of The Mark
I coulda done it myself, @Allacan ob Burzum! But... I've been programming long enough to never turn down a good copy-paste. :wink: Thankee kindly!

Thain of The Mark
@Wamba_the_Fool I only did half the work for you; I currently lack the inspiration to write the brief explanation of what each thread is beyond 'horsey place' and 'drinking place'. I just wanted to be helpful is all :smooch:

Ent Ancient
@Allacan ob Burzum @Nia - I'm up for a redemption-attempt in the future if you want. Not in a rush either, have classes starting at the end of the month so will also be losing some Plaza time.

@Queen Nerwen - I understand. I think its fair to say I'm a horse hiding behind a tree...

Crossing my fingers for you @Eldrith!

Warrior of Imladris
@Allacan ob Burzum thanks for the ping ... Laewyn will be along soonish. RL is screaming my name atm!
The Wood-elves lingered in the twilight of our Sun and Moon, but loved best the stars.

Thain of The Mark
@Lirimaer Honestly, take as long as you need - a slow pace would be preferable for me personally; I just wanted to make sure I had at least set-up the RP properly and made you feel welcome :hobbyhorse:

Same to @Nia and @Lailorn; a gentle sedate pace whenever you are ready works for me :smooch:

(Adding this here so it doesn't get missed in all the excitement of a new thread):-
Allacan ob Burzum wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:29 pm @Everyone Next week my beloved boyfriend is off work on holiday and it is also my last week on Furlough (off work), so even though we have no idea how exactly we are going to celebrate this time I suspect we will fill it sufficiently enough that my plaza activity will dip, and thereafter I will no longer be a lady of leisure and will have to figure out how to balance that blessing called 'full time employment' with all the fun stuff. In summary, I will most likely be a lot less active in the next two/three weeks while I learn how to work/life balance again, but I fully intend to still be a regular enough plaza-ite that I can keep up with the role-playing stories I am currently involved in, even if I won't be around every day. If any of you who have already achieved some success in fitting plaza around work have any advice, I am open to any and all suggestions because I do NOT want to miss out on the fun here!

New Soul
Taethowen wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:02 pm
Allacan ob Burzum wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:47 pm I agree Golden Hall OOC, Riddermark Ærendgewrit—Rohirric Mail, and Records of Rohan (Archive) should all definitely be archived.

Need to get some activity in the Meduseld Memoirs first before it is worthy of being pinned, a link in the OP is probably enough for now.
Do you mean pinned?

Also, I was thinking with Meduseld Memoirs, it might be more likely to get more activity if it is pinned, since it's probably going to be a slower moving thread altogether, and likely to get lost to the second page.
I actually like that we *don’t* have pinned threads. I don’t care enough that I’ll be upset if we do, but just throwing it out there. All our threads are equally important! If they’re a slow thread, folks can just go to page 2, and maybe get reminded of other cool threads!

Thain of The Mark
I will counter that by saying sometimes I am deliberately looking for a slower thread and *cannot find it* even when I'm staring right at it. So having some pinned would help save my sanity a little, at least. :embarrassed:

Doorwarden of The Mark
Gwai wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:17 amI actually like that we *don’t* have pinned threads. I don’t care enough that I’ll be upset if we do, but just throwing it out there. All our threads are equally important! If they’re a slow thread, folks can just go to page 2, and maybe get reminded of other cool threads!
Concur. Or just pin this one, since it's got links to the others now. But pinning, e.g., the mail thread seems unnecessary to me.

Knight of The Mark
@Eldrith New Golden Hall, but I wanted to post sending prayers and well-wishes, and hope you feel better soon! I posted in the Courtyard, but I'm not hurried for a reply, so take your time and feel better!

Chieftain of The Mark
@Amadhrill @Calimir @Elarith @Eldrith @Gwai @Taethowen

~ Having a 'mare of a time the last day or so, and will be tied up with work :brickwall: until tomorrow midday or Sunday morning.

Look forward to catching up with you all in the various RPs.
- he hath not forgotten Image the face of his fathers -

Thain of The Mark
@Aodh Hammerhelm is it ok if Taeth leaves her order at the shop? Shiva's planning a time skip when the next Riddermarket opens on Sunday and at least one of the things she needs commissioned needs to be done before that. The keys can wait, if they're even possible. The other thing can't.

Chieftain of The Mark
@Taethowen, sure thing. I'm hoping to get Mal and Sheemie moving on Saturday sometime. If they get stuck they'll press-gang @Calimir & @Elarith into service. Handy that having a spare Dwarf about :rofl:

Chieftain of The Mark
Aodh Hammerhelm wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:30 pm @Taethowen, sure thing. I'm hoping to get Mal and Sheemie moving on Saturday sometime. If they get stuck they'll press-gang @Calimir & @Elarith into service. Handy that having a spare Dwarf about :rofl:
@Elarith missed tag in last post :facepalm:

Esquire of The Mark
Don't worry about taking your time to reply @Aodh Hammerhelm, I am not excactly the fastest to reply myself. :embarrassed: Good luck with work! :smooch:
Hælend of Meduseld

New Soul
No worries @Aodh Hammerhelm, I've been swamped lately too, and so far behind (in RL and plaza!)

Thain of The Mark
@Wamba_the_Fool - New link for Life in the Mark - now titled Life in the Mark II.

@Aodh Hammerhelm and @Elarith - if Elarith is able to post sometime in the next 12-18 hours, can Amethyst take Taeth's order down in the Riddermarket? Or can I have permission to godmod Amethyst a bit, Elarith, if Aodh isn't able to get to me before this Riddermarket thread closes?

Doorwarden of The Mark
@Taethowen Sure! Going to post later tonight so that should tie up

Sorry to other folks I’ve been RPing with, Wednesdays - whilst nominally my ‘day off’ during the week - always end up being slammed, and yesterday just ended up being a bit of a nightmare (teething screaming banshee baby plus toddler who can use the potty but now refuses to in favour of wetting herself - sigh.) Catching up tonight!

Thain of The Mark
@Elarith wonderful, thank you! I hope that the child complications have lessened for today at least. *hugs*

Thain of The Mark
Wamba_the_Fool wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:22 am
Gwai wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:17 amI actually like that we *don’t* have pinned threads. I don’t care enough that I’ll be upset if we do, but just throwing it out there. All our threads are equally important! If they’re a slow thread, folks can just go to page 2, and maybe get reminded of other cool threads!
Concur. Or just pin this one, since it's got links to the others now. But pinning, e.g., the mail thread seems unnecessary to me.
I agree, I think maintaining this one and having a single pinned thread is probably best.

@Elarith You are always worth waiting for, take your time :smooch:

Doorwarden of The Mark
Thanks, bit better today and I have £15 worth of slabs of chocolate in my fridge so improving! Caught up on Riddermarket at least

Agree with the only one pinned thread. I'm not keen on having too many pinned ones especially when we have the Plaza-wide pinned ones at the top as well.

Also laughed a lot at @Wamba_the_Fool's thread descriptions!

Guard of The Mark
So what about these alleged Bard's Guild and Story Guild and Raedboda Planning Thread? Are they listed out of nostalgia or are they going to become Real Threads again someday? If so, that'd be pretty sweet.

Thain of The Mark
If there's actual interest in a Story Guild, I would be game for setting it up again. I know I ran it for a while on Old Plaza. Not sure if the kingdom is quite active enough as a whole for a devoted newsletter (the Rædboda), though, unless people get creative.

@Wamba_the_Fool or @Bereth would probably be the best bets right now for running a Bard's Guild. My actual singing voice is decent, but not my skill at crafting song.

Doorwarden of The Mark
Amhran wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:18 pm So what about these alleged Bard's Guild and Story Guild and Raedboda Planning Thread? Are they listed out of nostalgia or are they going to become Real Threads again someday? If so, that'd be pretty sweet.
Nostalgia / joking from whoever posted them in the Golden Hall II thread. I always intended to only have them up for a little bit so folk could have a larf; just took them down when I edited the Life in the Mark II thread. Oh yeah, @Taethowen, I updated that link!

Dúnadan
@Lailorn @Gwai .
Your lemons will be arriving in Rohan soon. Look out for a message in the post office - Cal'
man of gondor < Image > heart of rohan

Chieftain of The Mark
@Amadhrill @Calimir @Elarith @Eléowyn @Gwai @Taethowen,

Awesome, dudes. Thanks. I see some of you alleged "slow posters" replied RP last night. A long dog walk this morning formulated replies, just have to find the time to type 'em up now.

Esquire of The Mark
Hey Everyone! Good news: no Covid. I am still on heavy antibiotics (they started them as we waited for the result because I have a history of infections). There may need to be a follow up dr. Visit regarding the elephant in my chest but expect me back sometime in the next few days.
Kill-Stealing Skirt Wench
When others ride out to win renown, let me chosen to tend the house.

Master Torturer
Woohoo! Great news Eldrith! Hopefully you will be bouncing back in no time <3

Knight of The Mark
Great news, @Eldrith ! Now take care of yourself and feel better soon.

Thain of The Mark
@Eldrith wonderful to hear about the negative Covid results! Hope you're on the mend quickly otherwise!

Chieftain of The Mark
@Eldrith,

Glad to hear the test was negative. You rest up now, and get well :smooch:

Ent Ancient
@Eldrith - I am so glad to hear that! *hugs from afar*

@Allacan ob Burzum - I can be ready to jump in anytime. Maybe when @Nia is ready? :smile: No rush.

Looking forward to those lemons, but looking forward more to getting almost the entire Cavalry drunk... :grin:

Doorwarden of The Mark
@Eldrith So pleased it was negative! Take care, hope you’re feeling better soon.

Knight of The Mark
A note to all the Shopkeepers in the Riddermarket: @Rowena Ellenweorc @Aethelu @Thalionwen Hunigfolm @Taethowen @Elarith @Eléowyn @Gwai @Aodh Hammerhelm @Veowyn and @Winddancer

There is a new rule for Riddermarket shopkeepers. All Shopkeepers must post at least once per thread (one thread will be 4-6 weeks, depending on posting numbers). If a shopkeeper does not post for a full thread, I will place the shop on the "closed" list and contact them to find out if they wish to keep their shop. If I don't get a reply by the end of the next thread and they don't post, the shop(s) they own will be put for sale.

This is in order to keep the marketplace varied and active, and to give people more opportunities to RP. Obviously if you need a break/wont' be on plaza for a bit and can't post, that's fine. Just let me know so I can place your shop on the closed list, and it can be re-opened if needed. Please note though that if this is the case and your shop is on the closed list for 2 or more threads (2-3 months), It will be put up for sale. That way shops aren't being kept for people who are not active and others who want to run them can have the chance.

Thain of The Mark
Perfect, @Shivased, thanks! Don't forget to update shop owner for Awesnis to Eldreda (NPC) also, please! :smooch:

New Soul
@Eldrith Glad it was negative, hope you feel better soon! :smooch:

@Shivased sounds good, thanks for the update! :winkkiss:

Chieftain of The Mark
@Shivased

Noted, thanks

Knight of The Mark
Got it, @Shivased

I think for IC purposes I need to hang a closed sign on Leoht Min Fyre temporarily. Beda will need a few days to sort things out before she returns to the shop.

Thanks.

New Soul
@Shivased I know I disappeared in August, but I have seen your new rule for the Market, and will be in the new one. If I am really needed aside from that, and plain mentioning me is not getting me fast enough, any one, please, reach out to me in the discord or facebook, email, wherever. I have littles, and do not always have time to give notice before I disappear, but I am not really that hard to get a hold of.
Veowyn, Vandani, Jakiewyn, Caddrick, Ailura, Túrelia, Vigri, Vinca
Maldir - you are missed

Master Torturer
@Shivased so if you have no customers, the shop keeper just needs to rp with themselves and that will count? Cause I have only had one customer, IN ALL MY SHOPS! (loves on Lail) Sometimes being a dragon is hard.. *does dragon pouty lips*

Knight of The Mark
@Winddancer Yep, that's it. Historically people have just posted tending their shops. Tidying, crafting wares, stuff like that. For myself I'll typically do a post at the beginning of a thread opening my shops for the day and then go from there. If nobody comes into my shops, I may not post again for the thread, but at least people can look and see I'm there and ready.

@Veowyn that's fine! Like I said, If someone isn't active in the marketplace for a full thread, I'll contact them. It won't just be a tag - It will definitely be an attempt on discord or email too.

@Eléowyn No problem. You want me to put it on the closed list for you for now? It can be taken off any time.
First Marshal of the Mark
Eastmark Eored

Forth Eorlingas!

Master Torturer
@Shivased Righty-O!

Thain of The Mark
@Winddancer Taeth is planning to drop by! Not for quite the same reasons as she would have in the last thread anymore, but she's studiously avoiding discussing a, ah, certain situation (involving a certain man) with the only hælend she actually knows out of sheer embarrassment/fear of lectures.

@Aodh Hammerhelm & @Elarith For IC purposes, I need to assume that Taeth has already acquired the key copies she requested. However, I plan to have her stop and pick up the other commission during this Riddermarket thread.

Master Torturer
@Taethowen Taeth will be more than welcome! And Sigrid is not old enough to give lectures, at least not in her mind. She will provide advice, but accepts that it is up to people to follow them or not and she doesn't care if someone is a bit "naughty" and is definitely not a gossip either! :)

Knight of The Mark
@Shivased Yes, please. Thanks!

Chieftain of The Mark
@Taethowen,

Sounds good, freond. Malachite has cut you keys[ and Amethyst @Elarith can deal with your jewelry commission.

PS: Haven't forgotten your siggy image, or @Wamba_the_Fool and co. Just need a free day to finish them and resize.

Chieftain of The Mark
@Eléowyn The candle shop is closed! What on Arda will Rusty use to scent and light his boudoir?

Knight of The Mark
Never fear. By the time Rusty makes it back to Edoras, the shop will likely be open again, or near. Beda just needs a bit of time to pull herself together. I would suggest that when he does visit, he might take a look at some of the soaps also for sale. :tongue: