The Golden Hall III (Meduseld OOC)

Where now are the horse and rider? In here, probably.
Ent Ancient
@Shivased if you'd like any help with Mettare planning please let me know!

Knight of The Mark
@Moriel Thanks! I'm pretty good since it is just the Diegolowine and feast. Both are done and ready to go, but if anything comes up I'll let you know!
First Marshal of the Mark
Eastmark Eored

Forth Eorlingas!

Black Númenórean
@Shivased I think you meant to tag @Lailyn? :winkkiss:
Evil is a lifestyle | she/her

Ent Ancient
Moriel wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:23 am @Shivased I think you meant to tag @Lailyn? :winkkiss:
ohhh hang on there let me try something... :whip: hmm never used that one before.

Anyway - glad to hear it, Shiva! Thank you for organizing.

Question for my horse friends, sorry if it was raised before and I forgot - any interest in making an announcement thread? I'm lot a lover of them but Gondor's OOC thread was getting a bit clogged up with announcements and it is really quite nice now that it has been separated out.

Knight of The Mark
Yup, meant @Lailyn. Not sure how I changed to Moriel, LOL
Eastmark Eored

Forth Eorlingas!

Elven Enchanter
@Lailyn I think having a separate announcement thread would help to keep things a bit cleaner.

Thain of The Mark
@Nessa Saelind - I'll be stepping away from the Plaza for a while soon, so if you want to finish up in the Riddermarket with Eldreda, it'll need to happen in the next few days, just FYI.

I'm in agreement with @Lailyn that a separate announcements thread would be nice just to keep conversation in the OOC thread orderly. I've contemplated starting one myself for a while, and had also considered using the second post of the thread as an IC bulletin board of sorts, since Rohan as a whole seems to like to be pretty interconnected in our roleplay. I imagined that it could function for IC announcements/advertisements (being edited regularly for current IC happenings, of course), such as a place to post things that would naturally be spread by word of mouth in a culture like Rohan's. However, I will not be starting this thread up myself at this time, because I'll be taking a Plaza break soon.

New Soul
@Taethowen - I think you mentioned somewhere on the Plaza that you'd be away after December 20th, if I remember correctly? It's no problem if we don't finish by then, and I'm equally OK if we do. :-) As a member of #TeamTurtle everything works.
She/her.
Solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant

Chieftain of The Mark
Sorry I've gone MIA for a time, sickness at work meant a few extra shifts. Have a busy week leading up to Christmas the New Year. Hope to check in as often as possible.
- he hath not forgotten Image the face of his fathers -

Master Torturer
Anyone wanting to start an announcement thread? Feel free to and I will move the ads into it :)

Ent Ancient
Ok I'm on it. @Winddancer should be a new thread soon if you can work your dragon magic whenever you get a chance! Can you also pin the thread while you're there?

@Taethowen - IC notice board is an interesting idea but I don't want to volunteer to be the one to update/maintain it. If someone else wants to or if there's a lot of interest in this, by all means, anyone feel free to go ahead with it.

@Aodh Hammerhelm - please stay safe out there friend! :smooch:

Master Torturer
Wow that wasnt easy lol. I think I got it in the end. Basically it orders posts by dates, so Lail's was last in the thread, so stole one of her old PAM posts to make it the first, edited the other post into it and then it got named PAM and I couldnt find it, re-edited it and stickied it. Think its ok now! I hope..

New Soul
@Winddancer - I have absolutely no idea what you just did, so Imma call your explanation dragon magic and call it a day :lol: :smooch:
She/her.

Master Torturer
Sounds good to me! I did it and dont even know what I did :lol:

Ent Ancient
Sounds like a pain but this is so nice - thank you!

Elven Enchanter
Looks good! Thanks for working the dragon magic @Winddancer!

Thain of The Mark
Lailyn wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:11 pm @Taethowen - IC notice board is an interesting idea but I don't want to volunteer to be the one to update/maintain it. If someone else wants to or if there's a lot of interest in this, by all means, anyone feel free to go ahead with it.
If no one has done it by the time I return from my break, I will take it on.

And I think I understood what you did in your explanation @Winddancer and I still concur with the others that it is dragon magic. :clap:

@Calimir - I'll wait another day or so to pull Sighard out of Eleowyn's Beda-arc RP to see if you get a chance to post an IC response. Otherwise, I may have to god-mod a teeny tiny bit.

Chieftain of The Mark
@Lailyn, I will do, freond, as much as I can. Had a bit of a run in with one of my colleagues this week, which has made things a bit more tiresome. But things needed to be said. Too long a story to go into now, or here. But safety first, and expose hypocrisy, say I ...

Chieftain of The Mark
@Taethowen - Cal's busy with shifts at the local restaurant. I think he's off tomorrow. I'll poke him in your direction!

@Calimir :whip:

Ent Ancient
:thumbs: Taeth!
I am sorry to hear that, @Aodh Hammerhelm but at least it sounds like you have your priorities right. *hugs* keep fighting the good fight!

@Nia - meant to say this before but forgot. Re Allacan's plot in F&F - I'm happy to volunteer Lailyn to do something with the body if you want Nia to take Allacan somewhere safe on the horse? Maybe to the Infirmary (though we don't seem to have many active healers at present) or Lail's house? Or if you have other ideas, that's fine too I am not married to any of these and happy to go with the flow. Edit: also don't know if @Allacan ob Burzum has a preference but don't want to bother her with things too much.

Master Torturer
In regards to the Infirmary, I tried to message @Thalionwen Hunigfolm to discuss opening a new Infirmary thread. The current one is set after the fires and Sigrid is out of town when that happened, so cause of dang timelines she cant post in that one as, well, cloning is not an option :P I was hoping to get a new thread up that is set later so I can get her back and start posting again. I guess if we dont hear from Thali soon I will make one anyway so we can get back to posting in the Infirmary, miss rping with Sigrid. Also cant just yank her back as she is playing out a story with Eo and Eo is busy atm, not that I want to, loving that story! :p

Thain of The Mark
Re: infirmary. I've been in touch with Thali off-Plaza and she's not planning to return. I think @Fuin Elda is possibly interested in doing something to help with the infirmary too.

Master Torturer
Well if Thali isnt coming back, I will get a thread up an running then. Set it in winter time. I will leave the other one up so people can finish their rp's off and then Fuin is welcome to jump in and apply as I think there is still vacancies open. We can use Thali and her NPC as NPCs :)

High Lord of Imladris
@Winddancer I have a Rider based character now thanks to Taethowen that I can certainly bring in and play a healer with - I'll probably primarily use my tradition herbal knowledge rather than the Abad Nestad stuff I learned forever ago.

Master Torturer
@Fuin Elda In the spirit of the thread, it would be great if you could apply then get tested like I did, that way we keep it like Thali wanted it to be run :) But I am more than happy to do that with you and anyone else wanting to be a healer or continue their training @Lirimaer @Bereth @Gwai Though Liri, Bereth and Gwai, you have already done a lot of training, so if you want to progress to the next level let me know, also fine if you want to continue the training and obviously if you don't have time, don't worry about it, it will be there when you do :)

High Lord of Imladris
@Winddancer I am absolutely okay with doing the test! Do I test as an apprentice or as a healer? Just trying to make sure I do it right as I am quite excited about having more continuous activities to do here in Rohan as read the OP and wasn't entirely sure which I should be testing under.

Master Torturer
If your character is already a healer, then apply for a vacancy, like a job interview. The "test" will then be treating a patient. Hopefully one will come along, if not I will npc one for you to treat :D

New Soul
@Winddancer no worries re patient for @Fuin Elda, I'll bring Bran over when you're ready, because the way things are going for him in the Round Up he sooner or later he will have a horse related injury :lol:
She/her.

Master Torturer
Thanks Nessa! <3

Warrior of Imladris
@Winddancer I'm a little absent and absent-minded at the moment, but thanks for thinking of me. I may need to write a wee post about my character having to take a leave of absence and go help out at the family homestead for Reasons. Or something.
The Wood-elves lingered in the twilight of our Sun and Moon, but loved best the stars.

Master Torturer
Understandable, it is there when you want to come back <3

Ent Ancient
Well regardless what happens with Alla/Nia/Lail plot, what a spiffy new infirmary thread just waiting for a patient! If Lailyn keeps finding injured/stabbed people I may have to bring her round for some lessons...

Master Torturer
You would be more than welcome Lail! Bring the injured too! :lol:

New Soul
Question for you @Winddancer ^_^ Would your NPC Æric be able to make some wooden blocks or other children toys? Or already has some made or at least prototypes? Bran needs to look for some presents for his nephew and younger cousins and I thought wooden toys would be a nice gift. :-)
She/her.

Master Torturer
Veowyn's npc is the toymaker, but she is prolly not gonna be able to. We could somehow say he made them, so like order through Æric cause the boy isnt there that moment or something like that :) if it is a bigger thing like a rocking horse, he can help with that though :) But we can definitely get something sorted :)

New Soul
I didn't have a rocking horse in mind at first, but now that you mention it, yes! Go big or go home! :lol:
She/her.

Master Torturer
Yes! :D

Thain of The Mark
For those of you who have missed the news, I'll be going on a Plaza break starting sometime tomorrow (within 24 hours from now, basically). I'll be gone until at least February. Anyone interested can read more about why here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=674

@Calimir/@Aodh Hammerhelm - I'll wait till my last posts tomorrow to pull Sighard out of the missing children arc, to see if Cal gets a chance to post before that so I don't have to godmod.

@Shivased Can you go ahead and mark Awesnis as temporarily closed in the Riddermarket?

Ent Ancient
@Winddancer - I meant to ask before if you would be ok with changing the gold color in the Infirmary thread to any other color? Idk about anyone else but yellow on white hurts my eyes.

@Shivased @Dimcairien Luiniel - is it ok if I time skip ahead a bit in my next Riddermarket post to assume Eomund and Shiva have gone off on patrol?

Master Torturer
Sure! Was going to, but forgot lol

Knight of The Mark
@Lailthoron yes, that's fine with me!
Eastmark Eored

Forth Eorlingas!

Ent Ancient
My eyes are very grateful.
:smooch: Shiv!

Elven Enchanter
@Lailthoron Sure! I probably won’t be able to get another patrol post in until around the 26th.

Thain of The Mark
Happy Christmas to all my lovely plaza friends, especially to @Eléowyn (so sorry for your loss) or indeed anyone who is missing people this year.
Lailthoron wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:15 pm @Nia - meant to say this before but forgot. Re Allacan's plot in F&F - I'm happy to volunteer Lailyn to do something with the body if you want Nia to take Allacan somewhere safe on the horse? Maybe to the Infirmary (though we don't seem to have many active healers at present) or Lail's house? Or if you have other ideas, that's fine too I am not married to any of these and happy to go with the flow. Edit: also don't know if @Allacan ob Burzum has a preference but don't want to bother her with things too much.
I’m happy for you to be as creative as you like with your handling of both the body and unconscious Allacan, and I’m really looking forward to logging on in the New Year and having lots to catch up on (I’m off work the first year of January too 😁)

Master Torturer
@Allacan ob Burzum I know January can feel REALLY long, but I am pretty sure the month doesnt last several years :P Merry Chrsitmas, darling! <3

Thain of The Mark
First week* :rofl:

New Soul
Winddancer wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:13 pm January can feel REALLY long, but I am pretty sure the month doesnt last several years :P
Excuse you! March 2020 has lasted for 9 months! 9 months Windy! :rofl:
She/her.

Master Torturer
:lol:

Elven Enchanter
It currently is March 300 after all. https://whatdayinmarchisit.com/

Merry Christmas everyone! Hope you all have a wonderful holiday despite all the craziness.

Ent Ancient
Well my ambitions for the market haven't panned out yet anyway..oops. but I hope everyone had good holidays, too, or as good as we can currently manage.
Sounds good, Alla! :smooch: