The Golden Hall III (Meduseld OOC)

Where now are the horse and rider? In here, probably.
Thain of The Mark
OP Re-post:-

Welcome to The Golden Hall of Edoras: Meduseld! This is a general OOC thread - the place to bring all OOC comments, questions, collaborations, concerns, comings and goings, etc. The usual Plaza rules apply; especially that one you were just thinking about.

Links!
Regular Rohan RP Threads:-
The Eallníwe Inn - the current Pub
Riddermark Ærendgewrit—Rohirric Mail - If your chara can write now, it being the 4th Age and all.
Life in the Mark II - "Daily Life"
Fields and Forests - Wandering and whimsy
Se Riddermarket - Market Day!
Edoras Infirmary--After the Fires - Like vets, but for people
LeóÞ swá Worð (Hall of Rohirric Histories) - What is your name? What is your quest?
Meduseld Memoirs - Diary entries, and the voyeurs who read them
Wæftfald and Hofhus (Show Ring and Stables) RP Thread - "Horsey Place," per Allacan

Regular Rohan OOC Threads:-
A Caption Contest - One of the first threads recreated on the NewPlaza, and for good reason.
Riders Unhorsed--A Picture Thread - Pictures of the riders, not the horses
Records of Rohan (Archive) - Salvage from the flotsam of OldPlaza
Hall of Rohirric Histories OOC - The OOC counterpart to "LeóÞ swá Worð"

Cavalry Threads:-
Dragon Room II - New Beginnings - Cav HQ
Command Tent II - Cavalry OOC Thread - Cav OOC
Cavalry Courtyard II - Regular Cav RP
Oath of the Cavalry - Dare ye join the elite Cavalry?

Special Events/One-off RPGs:-
It's All Child's Play! - Time r-r-rewind!
The Throne Room - Eomer's Back! - The IC counterpart to this thread: the Golden Hall of Meduseld!
Edoras Burnt - Firefighting RPG (Open RP) - I get burnt down, but I build up again...
...even Rohan had a Montage... (Open RP) - "Risin' up, back on the street / Did my time, took my chances..."
br
br

Golden Hall Backtrack:
Link to The Golden Hall I
Link to The Golden Hall II

Thain of The Mark
@Lailyn and @Nia If either of you have time to spare, Allacan could probably do with a rescue in the Fields and Forest Thread. She is currently being assaulted in an alleyway near the front gates of Edoras, shortly after sunset.

Ent Ancient
@Allacan ob Burzum yikes! I am happy to help of course but also want to wait and see if @Nia wants to assist with the rescue/if we want to coordinate something here. :thumbs:

Black Númenórean

Hobbits, Big Folk, all and sundry! Farmer Maggot has inspected a patch of common ground in Hobbiton and pronounced it absolutely perfect for growing food, fruit and flowers of all sorts - and perhaps even mushrooms! But which will flourish best in such earth? Farmer Maggot has a huge collection of mushroom spores - and some other mysterious seeds and cuttings as well - but alas, he’s not very organised and he can’t be sure which is which. Time for us good hobbits (and other folk) to get out there and experiment.

Come help Farmer Maggot plant his mystery crop (and crops of your own), and see who will have the most productive growing season! There will be special prizes along the way, a tasting session to see whose crop is most delicious, and prizes for the largest veg! Watch out for weather and other events- you never know what might happen. All are welcome, though minions should be at least semi-plausibly disguised and behave themselves!

MARVELOUS MUSHROOM GROWING CONTEST!!

Evil is a lifestyle | she/her

Fea
@Lailyn & @Allacan ob Burzum - definitely happy to assist, and coordinate with you, Lail! Very happy to follow both of your leads, but will get an intro post in that thread sorted tomorrow, so Nia is at least in the right place to be of some use!

Ent Ancient
@Nia - sounds good! I will get Lailyn there after you. go team redemption!

Child of The Mark
Hello there

I have missed this place so much. I just googled this and heard it was shut down and it has been reactivated.. so i quickly rushed here.

I know some of these names *tearing*

With all my heart, I hope everyone is well.

Master Torturer
Welcome back!! Was Nalion you old plaza name too??

Child of The Mark
Yes, yes it was. Oh that was so long ago. I think I first joined back in 2003? Was active till probably thru 2008-ish?

I believe @Allacan ob Burzum was Fyrefly then~

Wait. @Winddancer ... were you the Witchking once? Just. Seemed. Familiar.

Man. The site really has the old feel. I'll explore. :)

Chieftain of The Mark
@Allacan ob Burzum : I'll post replies in Inn and Infirmary, Friday. Six nightshifts on the horizon - will try to post as often as possible.

@Eléowyn - so good to see you in Fields. Sorry haven't answered you yet. 'til the morrow :smooch:
- he hath not forgotten Image the face of his fathers -

Master Torturer
I was! Veeeery briefly :p Well remembered!

New Soul
Dear Rohirrim, come lend a hand to this Woman of a Certain Age™!

I'm helping Drifa sort out/update the Global Member Announcement thread and I made a list of active threads in Rohan in this post (We decided to exclude the Picture Threads, Post Offices, Announcement Threads and Character Submissions - because those are OK). Could someone please take a look and let me know if I managed to sort everything out? Does something need adding/removing/burning/being tossed into the bottom of the bottomless pit? Thanks a bunch! :smooch:

Oh, before I forget (I am a Woman of a Certain Age™ :lol: ): I think I'll have a post for the current Throne Room by Saturday afternoon if all goes well and if it's ok with @Dimcairien Luiniel and @Eléowyn. I can always wait a bit, just let me know :winkkiss:
She/her.
Solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant

Knight of The Mark
@Nessa Saelind Please jump in whenever you are ready! I look forward to seeing you there. (By the way, I am looking at "certain age" in my rearview mirror. When the cataracts allow, that is. :lol: )

Thain of The Mark
@Nessa Saelind looks good to me! I'm actually going to be setting up a new Life in the Mark thread shortly, though, so I'll make sure you get an updated link for that when it's ready. By 'shortly' I mean anytime in the next 48 hours most likely. :lol:

@Eléowyn @Aodh Hammerhelm @Calimir - Finally got a Sighard post up, sorry for the delay!

@Lailyn I will hopefully get a Taeth post up for you tonight or tomorrow. :smooch:

Thain of The Mark
@Nalion!!!!!!!!!

(Literally screams in excitement, RL boyfriend not impressed as he is now slightly deaf)

Yes I am Fyrefly!!!! Oh it is so good to see you!!! Please say you will stick around and play with us again.

Sceaduwigend Corthor FOREVER! (Tackleglomp)

(After a long pause of composing self)

@Nia Post looks great; I’m sure Allacan is in safe hands.

@Aodh Hammerhelm Tale your time freond min, and don’t overwork yourself; I’m not going anywhere :wink:

Elven Enchanter
@Nessa Saelind Jump in wherever. Looking forward to it. I was falling asleep on the couch last night, so I didn't get to posting. Once I'm back from tutoring this afternoon, plaza posting is first on my priority list.

Chieftain of The Mark
It was worth the wait @Taethowen, I'll try to keep up with the thread over the coming week (@Calimir
& @Eléowyn).

:thumbs: @Allacan ob Burzum

Child of The Mark
@Allacan ob Burzum Oh i will definitely try!! And oohh there is so much i would like to share with you guys. I went to Middle-Eart...*coughNZ* and stood at Pelennor, etc. The full 2 week tour :googly: i will join in, soon, and as much as I can! :lol: it really is so good to see you again!!

@Eléowyn @Aodh Hammerhelm @Taethowen Some memories are trickling back in, with Alla's tackleglomp. I remember you guys too! Very warm Hello! :grin:

New Soul
@Taethowen - duly noted :thumbs: I'll make the necessary edits whenever the new thread pops up :winkkiss:

@Dimcairien Luiniel - no worries, whenever you feel you can look at a screen and type coherently catch up. :-) Most likely I'll just stummble into the kitchen and surprise @Eléowyn and begin Operation Rescue Stew :lol:
She/her.

Thain of The Mark
@Nalion I don't remember if we interacted much on Old Plaza, but I remember your name! We would have definitely been in Sceaduwigend Cordor together with @Allacan ob Burzum. I was the Aerest Paeth after Thingoden. Welcome back!

Ent Ancient
@Nia your post was lovely and gave me a perfect segue!

Now if only I could launch a rescue effort for @Taethowen ...! Rohan has become a very dangerous place. :headshake: Also - you know not to worry about when you post in LitM, just do it whenever you get to it. :winkkiss:
Thingoden omg! Can anyone summon him back to us please?!

@Nalion Ooo welcome back! I remember seeing your name about on the Old Plaza though I'm not sure we interacted much, I love seeing people return!

Chieftain of The Mark
@Nalion
Welcome back to M-e, freond: long days & pleasant night to you!

Dúnadan
Hi everyone, hope you're all doing well. Sorry I've been gone for a bit, school is busy. Has everyone survived Friday 13th?

Oh!

Happy birthday, @Eléowyn. Hope you had an amazing day!
man of gondor < Image > heart of rohan

New Soul
@Dimcairien Luiniel @Eléowyn - I got inspired by listening to an episode of The Delicious Legacies podcast and managed to write my post earlier. Sadly no medieval recepies were included in the writing of this post :lol: but you do get a eager Gondorian and crates filled with herbs and spices :lol:
She/her.

Chieftain of The Mark
:goodbye: Happiest of birthdays to the wonderful, creative, brave, lovely @Eléowyn :encore:

Master Torturer
Happy Birthday!! <3

Ent Ancient
Happy belated bday dear Eleo!

Thain of The Mark
Happy belated birthday @Eléowyn!

Knight of The Mark
@Calimir @Aodh Hammerhelm @Winddancer @Lailyn @Taethowen Thank you, one and all, for the birthday wishes. It was a lovely day, despite being Friday the 13th, and despite being in lockdown. :smooch: To all

@Nalion Welcome back to the Plaza! Isn't it wonderful to see the same look and so many of the same people?

To everyone in any threads in which I'm involved: I'm a bit (well, more than a bit) slow in posting these days, as are many of us, but I have not forgotten any of you and will get around to each thread shortly. Love to all of you who are hanging in and keeping the dream alive, one post at a time!

Chieftain of The Mark
Deor-min, @Eléowyn, happy to hear you had a wonderful birthday, and was chuffed that wyrd (or Ka?) allowed me to call you from Bagginswood! I'm also slow-mo on our threads.

I have drafts done for our adventures in Fields, and a progression of Bran & Lida's Life tale. I'd hoped to polish up and post them today, but time's grown short suddenly and I need to get a wee sleep in before night-shift 4 of 6 :flail: Be with you soonest!

Thain of The Mark
@Nalion Any pictures you fancy sharing in the Kingdom's Picture Thread? I'd love to see/hear about some of your experiences of NZ.

Doorwarden of The Mark
Hey hey. Sorry for disappearing a bit again. Combination of physical and mental health flare ups had me a bit overwhelmed with things. I'll try to get on and catch up with any posts I've missed and get myself a bit more active again. :winkkiss:

Ent Ancient
Hugs and much support to you @Aethelu!

Black Númenórean

It's that time again: Lava Snake Racing!! Bring your slitheriest serpents and climb the Winding Stair to the starting line at Cirith Ungol. Who will beat both snakes and hungry spiders to claim the title this time?!
All are welcome!

Lava Snake Racing II - Cirith Ungol

Balrog
Have you ever wanted to play a squirrel or a chipmunk doing chipmunk or squirrel things? Don't lie to me, I know you have. Well I have some good news for you. Now is your chance to play!

WHERE are my NUTS?! (ån RP game)

Come on down and show us your best squirrel/chipmunk/random forest critter! It's sure to be nuts.
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Thain of The Mark
Apologies to @Aodh Hammerhelm, @Gwai, @Nia, @Lailyn, @Aethelu, @Éolath and @Eldrith (and anyone else I forgot) for my intermittent activity/absence, and thank you for your wonderful posts - they’ve been an absolute joy to read even if I haven’t yet found the energy to reply.

In short, the last couple of weeks have been tough. Covid-19 has made its way into my grandmother’s care home and she herself has been very ill with other health problems and at serious risk of catching the virus when she is already battling so much. Our emotions are fluctuating from hope to despair and back again and may continue to do so for some time, which has understandably impacted my motivation. It is particularly challenging for me as I was once her primary carer and have grown very close to her in these last few years. In my family there are a lot of mental health problems, and I am often thought of as the ‘sensible, calm’ one who is able to keep in touch with the care home and medical staff and can pass on (often extremely difficult) updates to the family without falling apart myself.

However, putting my own emotions on hold while speaking to people takes a toll. I am doing everything I can to also care for myself and give myself time to process, which inevitably means being a little more forgiving of myself if I don’t achieve all the things I normally would, from housework to plaza posts. It’s tough, but it is what it is, and I am bolstered and strengthened by the knowledge that wonderful communities like this one understand and support and will wait for me.

Please could everyone send uplifting thoughts and loving prayers to my family during this difficult time. And if any of you have wise words or mantras, religious excerpts or uplifting phrases that help guide you through tough times I would love to hear them and carry them with me.

Fea
@Allacan ob Burzum you are talking to the QUEEN plaza-time-inconsistency!! I love having a slower rhythm to RPs - it fits in with my life and other commitments perfectly :) .

But that's not the point at all - what I really want to say, because Plaza is nothing to our RL troubles and concerns, is that I am so sorry to hear about everything going on in your life right now, and I am sending you lots of thoughts and virtual hugs (they don't even need to be socially distant elbow-bumps when they're virtual!) your way right now <3 :smooch: . Thinking of your grandmother too and sending her my very best wishes.

I'm afraid I can't offer religious support, but I can offer some of my go-to music when things seem to be going a bit tits up, which I hope might convey some of the same messaging and help ease the pain:
- Clouds (Zach Zobiech)
- Vanilla Twilight (Owl City)
- Over My Head (The Fray)
- You've Got a Friend (Carole King)
- Bridge Over Troubler Water (Simon & Garfunkel)
- Everybody Hurts (R.E.M)

Ent Ancient
Dear Alla, no apologies necessary of course. <3 It is so unimportant in terms of everything else right now. Of course we can wait as long as you need. I am sorry to hear about your grandmother. Please just focus your energy on taking care of yourself and your family and being where you are needed most. I don't have much advice but I will say to be especially kind and gracious to yourself right now. I'm sending uplifting thoughts and strength and lots of hugs to you and your family.

Master Torturer
@Allacan ob Burzum Sending positive vibes and all the best wishes your way <3

Thain of The Mark
@Allacan ob Burzum *hugs* I'm so sorry that you're having to go through this. I've always been the 'sensible, calm' one in the family as well and no matter the trials it can be a heavy burden to bear. If you'd like some faith-based song recs for things that have given me comfort in hard times, I recommend Still and Thy Will by Hillary Scott & the Scott Family, Restless by Audrey Assad, and Shoulders by for King & Country.

Will be praying for you and your family.

Dúnadan
@Allacan ob Burzum
I am thinking of you and your family. Be kind to yourself as often as you can and of course we are all here when you need us. Or want to role play.
man of gondor < Image > heart of rohan

Black Númenórean

Come and see Mordor's latest attraction: The Warg Pits. In the caves under the Morannon are housed the Warg Pits. The caverns are extensive and there is room for hundreds of the beasts. It's your one stop warg shop for breeding, training, fighting, and recovery. Be advised that while all are welcome, this thread is for minion characters only, whether trainer or warg; Any Free Persons who have ventured this far into Mordor had best be in HEAVY disguise: the Wargs have excellent noses...

Thread may be used for free-RP, or for a mini-game within the fighting pits. There will be periodic optional Events and RP prompts.

Current event: it's whelping time! Come pick out your future champion warg from the pups, or play one of the ferocious little beasts.

New Soul
@Allacan ob Burzum - I'm sending support hugs to you and your family. I don't have many wise words for you, except the one I always tell myself when RL keeps blowing in my face "Don't let the bastards grind you down!" and "Keep fighting, until you can't."

@Shivased - I know you mentioned here that you were busy and don't have much time to devote to RP-ing, but I was wondering do you need an apprentice in the sweet shop? I have an NPC Gondorian character that will be staying in Rohan for a while and was wondering if something can be arranged in the next instalment of Se Riddermarket? No rush, take your time. :-)
She/her.

Knight of The Mark
@Nessa Saelind I'm really sorry but I actually don't! Daran (my character that owns the shop) is extremely solitary and would never taken on an apprentice. He doesn't like to share, LOL. Feel free to wander in and inquire if he is looking for help, but his answer will be no. However there are probably shops that would be happy to take on an apprentice, so if you're interested in any other shops, or would like to fully run a shop, check out the Riddermarket OP! (the pet shop is potentially for sale if someone is interested!)
First Marshal of the Mark
Eastmark Eored

Forth Eorlingas!

New Soul
@Shivased - That's totally fine, no worries. *hugs* Thanks for letting me know. :-) I got inspired by some archeo-gastronomy research I'm doing and that's why I decided to ask if you needed an apprentice. :-) I'll have to think about this avenue a bit more and see what comes out of it. Maybe I should just go and make some of those ancient recipes in my actual kitchen. :lol:
She/her.

Chieftain of The Mark
@Allacan ob Burzum
I send you lots of love and good wishes, and hope that you and your family are finding your way through the days ahead. With those long, dark winter nights drawing in, 2020 seems even more challenging. We're nearly through it though; nearing the summit and the easier path into 2021. Drop me a line whenever you need to.

PS: Check out Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds GHOSTEEN album if you're in need of some sonic succour. Bob Dylan and The Band - Basement Tapes is chock with unusual and uplifting tunes #theoldiesarealwaysgoodies ;)

PPS: Nick's Red Hand Files Web Page is also worth a visit.

Love, peace & light for now ~ we are beside you x

Chieftain of The Mark
@Eléowyn @Calimir @Elarith et al

Sorry I've been remiss with them threads. A few days away from work has given me time to sleep (glorious sleep!) and recharge.

I've said it before in the thread (cry your pardon!) but this time I am ready to get back to the Word Processor... See you soon, AH

High Lord of Imladris
Come have some fun at the Bruinen Winter Classic!
Come see if you can win the first ice fishing competition of the Plaza.

Click^^

Lots of fun to be had!

Knight of The Mark
Anyone up for some Mettare fun? Specifically, the Diegolowine gift-giving (IC secret santa) and the Mettare feast? I'm happy to get them going and run the threads, unless others would like to help. But only if there is interest!

Also @Bereth for the feast thread, can we use the Freablod estate as usual? (sorry for spelling if I got that wrong. I can never remember how to spell it!)
First Marshal of the Mark
Eastmark Eored

Forth Eorlingas!

Chieftain of The Mark
@Shivased ,
Mettare was one of my favourite old Plaza seasons. Yes, let's do it! It will be great to spend time with folks, being jolly.