The Golden Hall III (Meduseld OOC)

Where now are the horse and rider? In here, probably.
Dúnadan
@Shivased Mettare sounds good. Is it like Christmas?
man of gondor < Image > heart of rohan

Chieftain of The Mark
@Calimir,
Yes, a bit like 🎄. There's normally a massive feast/ball and people gather to remember old friends, and exchange gifts.
- he hath not forgotten Image the face of his fathers -

Thain of The Mark
Update from me (Content Warning; Covid, end of life stuff. Protect your escapism and plaza happiness if you need to, I honestly don’t mind. We all need joy and happiness these days. All the love)

I’ve opened a separate thread in OOME for updates/replies so as to protect the escapism and joy of my beloved kingdom of Rohan. TLDR it says thank you to everyone who has sent supportive words to me both on and off plaza. My gran is still deteriorating and we are likely looking at final hours at any time now. My plaza involvement is likely to remain sporadic and/or intermittent for a while, and I’m taking a break from RP for a bit, but I am still logging on and reading people’s posts. I’ll be back when I can be - there are far too many joyous and enticing stories to RP with you all. please post replies in the OOME thread, and I can also be contacted on Discord at Beorhtlig#1176 or on Facebook as Rhian Blades. Love and gratitude to you all.

Chieftain of The Mark
@Allacan ob Burzum Stay strong, friend. We are beside you!

Knight of The Mark
@Allacan ob Burzum Stay strong, hun. I'm praying for your family! *hugs*

@Calimir Yes, very much like Christmas. The Diegolowine is an IC (and sometimes OOC if people arrange it individually) Secret Santa, and the feast is a big feast/ball where everyone gathers, makes merry, and celebrates the festive season.
First Marshal of the Mark
Eastmark Eored

Forth Eorlingas!

Ent Ancient
*hugs Alla*

If you care what an Ent(wife) with a bit of Rohan still in her thinks, I'd love to see some light Mettare fun! Its probably one of my fav Plaza memories. Maybe a bit more low-key than the summer festival? Some of us are still recovering... :lol: though it was fun!

@Dimcairien Luiniel @Eléowyn I know I expressed interest in throne room fun and I'm sorry I have not got to it yet but I am hoping to get in there tomorrow.

Chieftain of The Mark
Shivased wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:41 pm
@Calimir Yes, very much like Christmas. The Diegolowine is an IC (and sometimes OOC if people arrange it individually) Secret Santa, and the feast is a big feast/ball where everyone gathers, makes merry, and celebrates the festive season.
BRING ON THE PRESSIES!

Thain of The Mark

A little office has sprung up in Hobbiton (not far from the Post Office). Within, people may leave and answer personal calls for aid; to solve the hundred and one tiny mysteries that arise in the Shire...

Get out your largest magnifying glass and your most sleuth-like outfit as you join the ranks of the Hobbit Detective Agency! Or are caught in mischief yourself...

Dúnadan
Thanks, @Shivased
That sounds good, I love secret Santa. Also it will be good to party with people in a world where we can still dance, sing and hug.

Elven Enchanter
Mettare party sounds good. Hopefully it doesn’t get as crazy as the Summer Festival. That was a wild ride and I think I’m still recovering from it.

@Lailyn No worries! I kind of forgot about in too. NaNo ate my life during November.

Chieftain of The Mark
@Taethowen
What a great idea, hope to sign up for Shire sleuthing tonight. The game's a(hairy)foot.

Elven Enchanter

Oh no! Gandalf is visiting Rohan - well is he named ill-news; because although he’s brought Shadowfax back to visit (Yay)! He hasn’t learned how to close doors.

Stable doors.

As a result, half of the horses in the stables have made it out and are now having a party around Meduseld...

It’s YOUR job to round them up and lead them back to the stables and fields where they belong! (Or alternatively, steal them and herd them off to wherever you choose.)

Come and round up some horses!

Chieftain of The Mark
WOOT! Another great looking thread @Fuin Elda. Hurrys off to find lariat

High Lord of Imladris
Hahaha 😂 @Aodh Hammerhelm this is not mine but thanks for the tag I'll be using some soothing elf magic on the horses when I join

Chieftain of The Mark
@Dimcairien Luiniel

WOOT! Another great looking thread. Hurrys off to find lariat...

---

Head slap! Sorry, freond, read and posted after waking from nightshift 🤠

@Fuin Elda

New Soul
Re this Horse round up quest thing... I have questions... :lol: Just how big is Éowyn’s Bathtub because its giving me serious bathroom envy! :lol: Perhaps a better question would be how big are those horses if they can hide in there :lol: All jokes aside, the locations are just perfect for some silly rping :thumbs:
She/her.
Solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant

Thain of The Mark
@Aodh Hammerhelm to be completely honest, the detective agency was @Sil's idea, but she wanted to play it so I volunteered to run it for her. :lol:

Arien
Arien
@Taethowen i think @Aodh Hammerhelm is talking about Round Up (which Taeth isn’t running but she made the banner for me :lol:

Anyway to answer the real important question ooh I imagine it’s like this huge, sunken bathtub, which Éowyn actually repurposed out of an animal trough and had polished to a high shine and set into a deep alcove. It’s outside, of course, no indoor plumbing here; but that’s how the horses can get access! Plus they’re just generally sneaky clever creatures.
cave anserem

High Lord of Imladris
I mean @Sil apparently you and I are now interchangeable lol. And I am honestly equally impressed about the bathtub but honestly are we SURE that these horses haven't gotten into that Fangorn shrinking draught you and I had?

Arien
Arien
@Fuin Elda what an excellent idea. This could lead to more bizarre hiding places as the horses get smaller and smaller, like Inside a Cupboard, or In Éomer’s Walk In Wardrobe... no who am I kidding, we all know Éomer’s walk in wardrobe would be ENORMOUS.
cave anserem

High Lord of Imladris
@Sil Indeed his wardrobe is big enough Narnia could fit in there without a door. If we get the horses small enough we'll have three raccoons riding horses yet with little wooden swords screaming Death. I mean we already had the whole death screaming thing in the Shire so clearly they are up for the part.

Black Númenórean

It's time for some SHENANIGANS!!! Come on down to the Mordor pop-up holiday pub for good times and mischief. All are welcome, good or evil or somewhere in between. A truce has been called and murder is off the menu- good times only!! Come sample the festive menu, exchange gifts, and blow off work. What more could you ask for?!
Evil is a lifestyle | she/her

Ent Ancient
@Eléowyn - I wanted to ask if it is ok with you if folk around Edoras had heard through the grapevine about Beda and her siblings? (generally anyway - I realize we do not not know their fate yet/its still unfolding.)
I ask because with Mettare approaching I don't think Lailyn could possibly buy gifts knowing there are orphaned kiddo's out there and she'd want to send something nice their way (probably via PO). If not that is totally cool! :smile: I don't want to step on storyline toes.

Ent Ancient
just realised I should have said unFOALding. how silly of me to misspell it.

Chieftain of The Mark
@Dimcairien Luiniel @Sil & @Taethowen
In a post night-shift fugue I was commenting on the Round Up and Detective threads. Both look inspired. I'm sleuthing in Shire and hope to join the round up at some point.

Thain of The Mark
Things are still very manic for me and I have no idea when I will have the time and energy to return to full role playing, possibly not until January.

With that in mind @Nia and @Lailyn feel free to continue RPing with an unconscious Allacan. She has a badly bruised face, slightly crushed throat (nothing that significantly impedes breathing but certainly makes it more difficult) and possibly a broken nose but nothing life threatening. Attempts to rouse her will fail as she is battling demons in her mind or is cursed in some way. I’ll join you both when I can but in the meantime I leave her safely in your hands so you can roleplay as often or as little as you like; feel free to include any other roleplayers you would like to.

Regarding the dead man kindly played by @Éolath; he has a history and connection with other PCs so if you need information about who he is or are searching records to find his next of kin, PM me on Discord or Facebook and I will fill you in on what you discover. Similarly, if an official or cavalry commander gets involved let me know and I’ll brief them on who this man is 😘

@Aodh Hammerhelm I’ll pick up Infirmary and Inn posts when I am ready to return 😘

@Eldrith I’ll do my best to make sure my reply is worth the wait 😘

Fea
We will take good care of her in your absence, @Allacan ob Burzum . Take care and hope things get easier for you soon <3 :smooch:

Khazad Elder

High Lord of Imladris
@Shivased was wondering if it would be okay if Fuin took on Né Fugol of Huntanð in the market? I know a little bit about falconry (not a ton) but enough I think I could do decently at it. I don't have a Rider type character that would fit at the moment so it would be my main elf character.

Chieftain of The Mark
@Allacan ob Burzum
Absolutely no hurry, freond. I'm ready to resume when you are. Sending warm wishes until then xox

Ent Ancient
:smooch: and hugs @Allacan ob Burzum. I put it on pause out of respect but in that case, I will resume a slow pace of looking after unconscious Alla with @Nia and hope to have her somewhere safe for your return.

Black Númenórean
WHO WOULD YOU BE??

Come one, come all!! Come join in a new Plaza-wide RPG, featuring canon characters, canon-adjacent characters, your personal characters, and any mix of the three!

We hope this is going to be a large RPG, but we want it to move snappily and for everyone to have a chance to play some canon characters. What is the plot? We'll decide that once everyone comes in and tells us what canon characters they're interested in playing! That's right- you tell us in the signup thread which FOUR canon characters you would be interested in playing. Any character that would be alive in Middle Earth between the time of the Hobbit and the LotR is up for grabs!

Not sure what we mean by canon adjacent? Come to the thread and find out!

Not sure if you have time to commit to a big RP? That's ok- we're not looking for huge posts every time, and we're also implementing a rotating cast so roles will be covered if someone has to miss a prompt!

Not sure if you want to play, or just want to spectate? Come give us your top four canon characters anyway, and help influence the plot! ALL can list your choices!
Evil is a lifestyle | she/her

High Lord of Imladris
Come play a game of high stakes hide and seek against Tolkien fanatics as residents of Rivendell in the reborn

^Clicky^

Thain of The Mark
Are you a writer? Do you adore writers? Come check out the new Plaza Writers group!
(click the pic!)

Banner by Fuin

Balrog
Everyone deserves to relax. Even the lowly minions of Mordor. That's why Reg and Fleeg have joined ChAoTiC forces and opened Mordor's first spa!

It's the Uhhhhhhhh Spa's Grand Opening and you're invited!
Come on and enjoy a nice relaxing message, an acupuncture session, aroma therapy, yoga, a zen garden and more!
Once you've finished relaxing, come and take a load off at our café with a wide variety of locally sourced, organic treats!

Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Arien
Arien
@Nessa Saelind hahahaha i can’t tell you how much I enjoyed your Round Up response :lol:
cave anserem

Knight of The Mark
@Fuin Elda Yes, of course! The shop is yours. Feel free to open it whenever you want.
Eastmark Eored

Forth Eorlingas!

Knight of The Mark
s
s

It's time for Mettarë
Diegolowine sign ups are now open HERE. Come join the fun and spread some holiday cheer!
Eastmark Eored

Forth Eorlingas!

Knight of The Mark
@ everyone, especially @Aodh Hammerhelm @Calimir @Taethowen @Dimcairien Luiniel : I am so sorry to have left everyone hanging. There have been a number of things on my mind that have kept me away, most recently the death of my sister. I do not know when I might return, hopefully sooner rather than later.

@Lailyn : Of course you may address the issue of Beda and her siblings, anywhere you like. This goes for anyone else. I don't know that I will be around to post during Mettare, but their story belongs to anyone who wants to participate or use it.

Love to all, until I return in earnest ...

Ent Ancient
@Eléowyn Noted re: Beda but hardly important right now. I'm so sorry to hear about your sister. I'm sending you lots of love and hugs to you and your family. <3 We'll be glad to see you back whenever you are ready but please take care until then.

Black Númenórean
Much love and many hugs to you, @Eléowyn. So tremendously sorry for your loss. <3
she/her | Esta tierra no es mía, soy de la nocheósfera.

Thain of The Mark
@Eléowyn - *hugs* I'm so very sorry to hear about your sister. I'll be taking a break from the Plaza over the holidays myself, so definitely don't feel a rush to hurry back. May you find comfort here when you return!

High Warden of Tower
@Eléowyn Oh dear, so so sorry to hear of your loss.

Chieftain of The Mark
@Eléowyn :smooch:

I'll message you later re Beda and co

Arien
Arien
@Eléowyn, I am so sorry for your loss. Thinking of you & your family at this difficult time.
cave anserem

Master Torturer
Sorry for your loss @Eléowyn <3 <3

New Soul
@Sil - glad you're enjoying my spaghetti western silliness. ^_^ I'm thinking of saving The Ecstasy of Gold theme for the ending of the Round Up.

@Eléowyn - my sincerest condolences. Sending all the support hugs to you and your family. Take all the time you need to heal. *hug*
She/her.

Elven Enchanter
@Eléowyn I am so sorry for your loss. I'll be praying for you and your family. Take all the time you need.

Dúnadan
@Eléowyn we are all thinking of you. We will see you here when you are ready. You know where to get us if you need us.

New Soul
By the by @Sil I'm going to take your Round Up instructions quite literally :lol: and I have just the horror western weird west in general soundtrack for this :lol:
She/her.