Fuin's Tattoo Sketchbook

Original writings and artwork by Tolkien fans.
High Lord of Imladris
OKAY so I have decided to start working on a sketchbook full of different tattoo designs. I doubt that the art in this thread will be nothing but those pieces but they will make up a good number of them.

The current pieces I have are all done in pencil crayon though I do plan on having some ink and pencil crayon ones as well. And perhaps the odd finished tattoo as well. I DO offer tattoo designs for anyone wanting specifics (the current images I have are all phone based) so if anyone does want to purchase any of these to get tattooed elsewhere you are welcome to purchase them. These have watermarks on them for that exact reason - most proffessionals when they see a shop watermark won't do it without getting a hold of that shop if they can.

SO the two that I have to share atm are my throw back pieces meant for thighs or upper arms is where these are meant to be places... nice gently curved areas that aren't super big.

The first is a throw back to a cartoon that was a saturday morning staple in Canada especially on the prairies where we didn't have YTV... we just had CBC and CTV...
The Raccoons

This next one was and still is one of my favourite movies done by R/B as a child... I still have my VHS copy of it and my goal is to get a copy of it on DVD or digitally to help support Beagle (the author)
The Last Unicorn

Arien
Arien
Love the hair on that unicorn! So flowy and smooth colour blending.

Have to admit I’ve never seen the last unicorn but had no idea it featured a Bullrog...
cave anserem

Ent Ancient
Fuin, you are so talented! These are beautiful but I especially love the Last Unicorn one. The colors are so vibrant. I could almost cry looking at this because that movie tears my heart out, stomps on it and makes me sob every time (yes as both a child and an adult - I am not ashamed) but I still love it so much.

New Soul
Woah, this is amazing! @Fuin Elda

High Lord of Imladris
@Sil Yes there is a Bullrog. @Elenhir probably thinks this is not the worst representation of a Balrog either lol

@Lailyn Uggg yes I've been wanting to do a LU tattoo design for forever because this was my favourite movie as a kid, I STILL have the VHS. I want to get a DVD/Digital copy of it.. I also want to get the book and read it this is the first that I've not read the book first.

@Troygan Thanks so much!

Istari Savant
Worse than Nasmith, better than Howe.

Khazad Elder
Cedric Sneer! Great art work Fuin!
The world was fair in Durin's Day

Healer of Imladris
......................omfg where has this raccoon show been all my life?? I see a Youtube binge in my near future.

Your art is amazing as always Fuin! I didn't discover The Last Unicorn until...college? And still haven't seen the movie, but the book absolutely wrecked me. I still don't understand how I missed the boat on the movie as a kid!
Top-class Canine Alter Ego Associate of Aerlinn Mordagnir

High Lord of Imladris
@Elenhir it's because of the lack of wings isn't it? Lol

@Drifa Thanks though that one is Ceril Sneer Cedric is the younger Sneer that is nice and friends with the raccoons not the bad guy looming in the back lol

@MEOW On Canadian Television? Lol yes the movie was one of those things I don't even know how I found it because legitimately I should NEVER have found out about it with where I lived anyways time for a new piece of art for your enjoyment! This one is a piece of art going up on the wall because MORE tattoo art! I legit bought Silver ink just for this piece (I own gold ink already and have one with gold ink) Sad that there is no such thing as metallic ink for tattoos or these would be absolutely awesome.

Growth

Esquire of The Mark
Ah @Fuin Elda that looks so radical!

Khazad Elder
Oh yeah, he was the nerdy son!! It has been awhile.
Awesome work, Fuin! Imagine digging that fellow up in your garden? :lol:

High Lord of Imladris
@Ta'leus Shieldsong Thanks!

@Afird Splitax Honestly I think that would be very cool as it's an extinct animal so would also probably be pretty cool to have.

Now I've managed to finish yet another piece in the sketchbook itself. I was debating on adding the lettering but decided against it on the banner as honestly what I think it should say and what someone wants it to say may be different. Anyways this one I've titled what I want to put on the banner because 'You are my sunshine' would normally be the standard for a piece like this.
'Always Find the Light'

High Lord of Imladris
So time for another piece of art - I've been trying to work on a horse design since the shop I'm opening is in a town that has the second largest Rodeo in the Province and has hosted things like the National Bull Riding Championships pre covid so horses likely going to be a staple. Suggestions for a title for this one?
Untitled

High Lord of Imladris
We'll we've had a fair bit of a dump in terms of how much art has been lost in this thread fortunately it was all uploaded as I was posting it so I sorta know what order it was in!

This little bugger is part of a friends Monty Python Quest for The Holy Grail Leg Sleeve

Your Mother was A Hampster

This is done with marker over pencil and yes those are elderberries and flowers. and it's going to be joining the black knight missing an arm, a couple of laden swallows and a banner around the ankle with the 'my sister was bitten by a moose once' as well as Dennis' cart and the watery tart line.

High Lord of Imladris
Time for more art!

This is the first in a zodiac series I'm doing there are going to be 24 of them as I'm doing two for each sign based on the month it is for that sign... So this one is a Gemini Taurus (May Emerald) It's nice and clean and done with pencil crayon and marker liners.
May Taurus

New Soul
Oh, zodiac signs + birtstones! Awesome combo! :rainbowheart: Can't wait to see Leo and perodit as the birthstone I think?
She/her.
Solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant

High Lord of Imladris
Nessa Saelind wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:16 pm Oh, zodiac signs + birtstones! Awesome combo! :rainbowheart: Can't wait to see Leo and perodit as the birthstone I think?
We'll see honest one is getting the stone and the other will be getting flowers so the April Taurus has sweet peas and daisies. And Ilve got may feminine done with hawthorn lily of the valley I think they are being prepped to be posted with the crash happened

High Lord of Imladris
So this is one of the pieces that I am getting printed on card stock 5x7 to sell as a Print at the comic con coming up for those that don't want to get a tattoo but do want a cool bit of art.
Phoenix

High Lord of Imladris
So the return of the shoulder moths. These bad boys are officially on their person now, I am hoping to see them again in the next few weeks to start a twisted Alice in Wonderland sleeve so I'll get to see how these bad boys actually managed to heal.
Shoulder moths

These are done with marker on bristol paper

High Lord of Imladris
Okay so this is a cover up piece I did a few months ago at this point as you can tell it is a cover up. I got to see it fully healed this weekend and honestly it looks as bright as the day I did it so am super happy with that.

Watercolour Turtle Coverup

High Lord of Imladris
WOOT! I am excited to repost this piece that @Laintaen commissioned from me to add to her side tattoo (the elvish script is already on her side) The design idea is hers but refined by myself. I am very exciting to see how the artist she gets to translate this onto her skin does I hope they do it proper justice or I'll need to hop on a plane to Australia and fill their home with huntsmen spiders.
Laintaen's Side tattoo - The Ages of Middle Earth

New Soul
@Revered Grandmother - I already mentioned pre Blip that I loved the colours of the jewels and that the flower is gorgeous. :rainbowheart: And prep that COVID passport Granny, you might just go to Australia :lol:
She/her.

High Lord of Imladris
@Nessa Saelind Thanks, and I do have my double Moderna dose though my vaccination card hasn't come in yet and we don't have a passport for it yet that I know of (not thinking of heading out of country until late 2022) And honestly the jewels and flower are among my favourite parts of it - I've had people ask me for similar flowers.

So here is another one of my Zodiac/Month pieces - the second Taurus
April Taurus]/b]

High Lord of Imladris
So it's time for the last piece of art I've gotten finished so far for my zodiac series. This one is Gemini so played with the green tones for the hair as well.
Gemini's May Flowers

Am thinking of playing with conjoined skulls for the June one with the gem.

Khazad Elder
My husband is a Gemini. I always thought of the twins as the complete opposite in looks and personality. :wink:

Wonderful drawings, Fuin!

High Lord of Imladris
@Drifa The twins are the same in looks but if you look closely one is smiling one is frowning so they are opposites in personality. I always assumed it was the duality within a single person so their looks being the same made sense to me though with the one frowning upside down it does make it harder to pick up on that since while the lip on her is down turned it is upturned to the viewers eyes.

High Warden of Tower
You know, @Raisins , your art is so good that I'd want quite a few as paintings/drawings on the wall to look at without twisting and turning, and glancing in the mirror to see a tattoo. :wink:

High Lord of Imladris
@Pele Alarion Thanks so much honestly several of them I am going to be offering as prints, mostly 5x7s but I may do some larger prints as well. Some of them are going to get hand liquid leafed in silver and gold (I debated on actual leafing but the cost of real leaf would likely make the prints too expensive. So if there are any particular ones that you really like please feel free to let me know! I'll be happy to get you the cost for them and shipping and get them sent to you!

Time for my next Zodiac piece though!
Gemini's June Gem I

This is a varient of a dark moonstone (as I wasn't overly wanting to do a pearl with the skulls as I felt that would start going too piratey too fast) I may also do another one of Alexeandrite with both of it's color sets showing as I thing that would be a fantastic gemini piece as well so this is probably going to be the one sign that gets three pieces because I had a hard time picking which gem!

New Soul
So far out of all the zodiac/birthstone/gems themed pieces you showed @Fuin Elda the Gemini June Gem is the most spectacular! The concept is stunning and I love how the gem in the socket connects the skulls. The colours are spot on and I love how the skulls are not that typical bone white, but rather with a greyish tint and the black for the sockets so the gem in the middle can pop out, but not be too shiny and blingy because it wouldn't fit the theme. Honestly, if anyone wants a skull on their body they should get this one, because all others are just meh compared to this. IMO, which is not humble at all. :tongue:
She/her.

High Lord of Imladris
@Nessa Saelind glad you like it I actually did it with a french grey so that it had that nice warm look to it. Sadly something that is really hard to get to translate onto skin since I wouldn't be working on a bright white canvas but a tan/peach toned one generally. I've done a number of skulls and I always try to make sure they look fairly realistic and not bright white.

So this piece is another one that I've done recently - honestly am quite in love with it personally It's nice and clean and simple especially compared to a lot of my recent ones. Sadly the colour hasn't translated quite as well with this photo as with some of the others but it's pretty close over all.
The Elk in the Sun

Khazad Elder
Ah, skulls, Twins again. Very cool! I can see slight differences in the skulls, which would make the twins not identical, eh? My husband has a very hidden side personality-wise as a Gemini, in a good way. It always surprises me when he shows it.

Lovely elk, Fuin!

High Lord of Imladris
Thanks Drifa! And indeed the skulls are not identical as I wanted them to be a bit different.

So I have a few pieces that I won't be posting quite yet mostly because they are upcoming tattoos that have been commissioned and will be over the next few months.
Untitled

Sereg a Dîn

High Lord of Imladris
So time for a piece that I tattooed a while ago now, finally found the original full version of it - I've had a cropped version of it for the longest time so am happy to have this version found and posted somwhere.

This is a watercolour goldfinch that I won't likely be reposting elsehwere for a few reasons (it's badly cropped version will have to do) as it is on my best friend and her now ex boyfriend and I managed to make this a surprise for her. She was expecting to get this tattoo MONTHS after when she got it, we even managed to get her to sign all the paperwork for it (at a tattoo convention she didn't read she just trusted me when I told her when and where to sign and the people at the convention that heard her go OKAY I'll sign anything you need me to sign I trust you I don't even know what I'm signing started to explain to her and the jig was up and I explained what was happening she cried, I cried, I stabbed her, she cried some more) She loved it I think she still loves it but for the moment sadly it will be a bit of a painful memory in terms of me reposting it.

Watercolor Goldfinch
Sereg a Dîn

High Lord of Imladris
So back to the original sketchbook I was working on got struck with some fantastic inspiration the last few hours and finished not one but two new pieces in it... Decided to not do a third Gemini piece because my brains finally cut in and said 'you know June has Cancer as a Zodiac as well just use June as the gem... and Ohhhh man am I glad I did (the July cancer is goregous too but you'll need to wait for that one for a bit.
June Cancer
Sereg a Dîn

High Lord of Imladris
So my mom visited today and looked through my art book and thought the July Cancer was stunning. So I suppose it is time to share it here with you! I personally wasn't too sure on it but I do like how the flowers look I honestly am looking at making several of them into prints for the coming convention year (this will be the first time in close to 5 years that I've created new prints for a con so I am hoping they will go over well.
July Cancer Flowers

I think the next two (leo) are going to be fun but I'm not sure if I'm going to go to them next or if I'll do an animal or cartoon based design inbetween to break them up a bit
Sereg a Dîn

Ent Ancient
I just love the Elk and the Sun. It's just gorgeous! As not a tattoo person, I would totally print that and put it on my wall.

Oh hello I am a June Cancer! Are those pearls/June's birthstone I spy in the design? lovely attention to detail. and July Cancer is really beautiful, as your art always is!