Cav RPG: Traitors at Helm's Deep (The Game is Afoot!)

Where now are the horse and rider? In here, probably.
Esquire of The Mark
The infirmary

She started to look through the storage room, she found a stool and was just about to start working her way through the room. Stepping up on the stool she just sat down she started to look through the top shelf. «I'll start here...»

Her words were barely spoken when she heard new sounds from the infirmary. She jumped down and looked into the infirmary only to see another stretcher brought in, accompanied by first marshal Shivased and Éomund. Ama followed the movements of hælend Ælfgifu and heard the verdict, the Feldmarshal had been poisoned with deadly nightshade. Her face was thoughtful at the news, and she was about to return to her search when a horn sounded. It was the arrival of Marshal Gwai that was announced. She heard the sigh of Hadessa, feeling the same unwillingness to leave. «Guess the muster cannot be disobeyed...»

Ama nodded thoughtfully, and looked at the Marshal, the hælend, and her trainee. She hesitated, the second marshal was in and out of consiousness, weakened by the stab and blood loss. Ama did not fully trust the hælend and not at all her trainee. She was relieved to notice that Hadessa had not waited for her, but instead had already gone to the muster. For a moment she hesitated, she knew the command in the horn blow, a muster to the marshal. Yet, it was not a battle, and she did not want to leave the marshal wholly in the care of Ælfgifu and her trainee. She squared her shoulders, she would disobey a direct order by not coming, yet her hælend's instincts told her not to leave. Ælfgifu and the trainee were busy, none were close by the marshal... just a little look into the storage room, maybe she would find something to quiet her fear. Surely, Hadessa would notice that she wasn't coming and tell the marshal Gwai that she was in the infirmary with Taeth, the Westmark Hælend, and the trainee.

Any words spoken in the infirmary was for a moment muffled from Ama's ears as she strained her neck to look behind a stack of clean bed linens, using her hands to check for any items between the sheets. She jerked her head back, loosing her balance on the stool at the sound of glass shattering. She fell on the floor, but was quickly up again, running towards the bedside of the second marshal only in time to see Wulfthryth more or less fly out of the glass window. Her green eyes flew around the room, where were everyone? The hælend Ælfgifu? The wigends that had been there only moments ago? She held her sword ready as she quickly ran over to Taeth, who were now semi-seated. It seemed that liquid had been spilt. Why had she left the marshal unattended?! «Marshal, ma'am, are you okay? Did the trainee, Wulfthryth give you anything, food? Drinks? I do not believe she is to be thrusted. And I do not fully trust Ælfgifu, or maybe she is just too tired... I think one of them may try to poison you, marshal!»

The sword was back in her belt again, and her hands lifted the dishelved blankets. "You shouldn't have moved, or maybe you it was wise, but I need to check on your stitched, marshal. I am afraid you might've torn them..." Her voice was calm again, soft and gentle as her hands removed the bandage that covered the wound and now were gradually turning red with fresh blood. Gently she moved the marshal to her side, found a clean needle and thread besides the bedside. "I am just going to redo these, just a few stitches, not many... I'll be quick..."

Her hands moved firmly and softly, the needle stitching the marshal up again quickly. "Just a dab of this and a bandage now..." She applied some poultice from her own small storage and found clean bandages to redress the wound.

OOCPermission to stay around the infirmary and a hint about torn stitches given by @Taethowen, as Ama has a life of her own and does not permit me to act against her believes :embarrassed:
Hælend of Meduseld

Thain of The Mark

Second Marshal Taethowen
In the Infirmary

***INJURED, but finally in a hæland's care***

Taethowen hissed in pain as she did her best to dodge Wulfthryth's attack, still unsure of what exactly the trainee was trying to do. A moment later, Amadhrill darted out of the storage room, just as Taeth was about to tumble off the cot. Wulfthryth's response was to... fling herself out of the window, for some reason, rather than darting out the door, and Taeth thought she heard Gwai's voice outside a moment later.

Amadhrill was at her side now, asking what had happened.

"I'm okay," Taeth whispered, feeling a little dizzy and pulling the blanket up over her bare chest with her left hand. She could feel an oozing warmth along the wound on her back, though, and knew that couldn't be good.

"Wulfthryth brought me water, but it smelled bitter, and I didn't drink it," Taeth explained. "And then she tried to attack me bare-handed. Perhaps she meant to strangle me. That's why I moved so suddenly."

The Second Marshal winced, but bit her lip to hold back a moan as Amadhrill said she'd torn her stitches, and a few moments later began redoing them and rebandaging them. A little while later, after she'd had a drink of water that was not poisoned, and had been helped to lie down again, Taethowen wearily drifted off into sleep again.

Gwai and Shivased were here now, after all. Surely she was safe to rest now.

OOC for everyone: I'll be logging off the Plaza within the next 12 hours for the final time this year. I've announced my leave of absence in the Command Tent as well as posted a farewell in OOME. I'll be taking a sabbatical until at least February, so this will be my last post in the Cavalry RPG. Don't post anything that needs a direct reply from Taeth as you won't get it. @Gwai has permission to godmod Taeth if she needs to do so to finish this RPG out, though.
Second Marshal of the Mark
Westmark Éored