The Michel Delving Mathom-House (OOC)

Growing food and eating it occupied most of their time.
Child of Gondor
I doubt I tried to learn anything .
Of course he does ! He probably suffered the most from that 😂

Ent Ancient
welcome back @Devin! The Shire was also my second home though I'm not sure our paths ever crossed. You are not alone - I was also embarrassingly young when I joined the Old Plaza. seems many of us were.

Child of Gondor
Thank you @Lailyn . I’m shocked they didn’t put in a ball pit for us toddlers !

Chef
moving my ooc comment out of the krampus thread because i am bad at reading rules

OOC apologies in advance if I disappear... i probably will... you can assume Krampus got me

Chef
i left it whited out to foment an air of mystery

Balrog
I have a question for all ye hobbit lads and lasses, is there anyone available that might be willing to help a young, clueless hobbit lad (who may or may not be named Jorgy Underash) purchase a goat? I am assuming the formentioned transaction would take place in the Market thread but I have not located a specific "store" that would aid in the purchase of a goat and therefore would be making up something wholesale for this exact purpose.
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Ent Ancient
@Tarawen does Zweet have permission to land on Tarawen's lovely head? (she won't be there long if so and I promise she will not soil that lush hair!)

Black Númenórean
@Lailyn - Absolutely! The poor little birb can stay as long as she likes; Tara will try to roll with the punches. :lol:
she/her | Esta tierra no es mía, soy de la nocheósfera.

Ent Ancient
thanks! :lol: wild nights at the Green Dragon Inn!

New Soul
Goostradamus wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:48 amMesmerised, he watched the Shirriff’s mouth move as he elucidated on the reasons for Silas’ outerwear and also simultaneously chewed a sausage. A hobbit so skilled at multitasking would surely be up to the job.
(...)
And I also may have written some poems in there.

Inferior poems.

Inferior love poems.”
Sil, I can't throw glitter at you (well maybe I could somehow, I'd have to think about that *strikes the thinker pose*) however! I can put this here for posterity because the multitasking Hobbit and I'm curious to know about these love poems Silas has been writing! Fess up Goosey :lol:
She/her.
Solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant

New Soul
Lailyn wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:21 am Well, her family seemed to have this idea that a hobbit of her age (approaching 35 though she did not act like it) ought to find a home, a hobbit-husband, settle down and do what the Brandybuck-Bankses did best: birth more Brandybuck-Bankses...or whatever surname got added to the mix.

Rilla had other ideas. The words settling down were not in her vocabulary.
This description is so amazingly adorable <3 and very hobbity! Long mouthful of a surname :lol: And Rilla is a star! :smooch: I laughed at the part where you mentioned that the phrase settling down is not in her vocabulary :lol:
She/her.

Ent Ancient
:lol: thanks. Rilla is fun, I enjoy writing her obnoxious self.

New Soul
Ta'leus Shieldsong wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:29 amI don't know how to tell you this Silas, but in over ninety percent of all missing journal related cases, the first forty-eight hours are critical. Usually, by the time they're gone that long, we'll never recover them. "
:lol: Love how you managed to weave statistics, seriousness and gentle humour and care into this post @Ta'leus Shieldsong :smooch: Mr Houmes is becoming my favourite Hobbit character and I really enjoy reading your posts here, because of the description you used I am now imagining him as a very shortish Benedict Cumberbatch :lol: which is particularly hilarious because Benedict was Smaug in The Hobbit :lol:
She/her.

Esquire of The Mark
Hahaha I am very glad you're enjoying the posts. I'm having fun writing them and I was definitely giggling to myself when I wrote that line.

Ent Ancient
@Goostradamus - can you clarify officially - in the Shire Detective Agency, is each hobbit guilty of one crime so that if one made a chart they would be able to more easily narrow down the suspects...?

Arien
Arien
Hahahaha yes this is correct @Lailfileg but I am uncertain whether I should be formally approving your very intrepid sheet. Superb detectoring though. Every crime is committed by a different hobbit, correct. Points are awarded for any correct combination.
cave anserem

Ent Ancient
:grin: thanks Sil! no need for formal approval will keep charting nonetheless.

Black Númenórean
@Lailyn - I am very sorry for the delay in me having Tarawen respond to having a bird on her head :googly: That said, I love Zweet so much and hope she continues jumping about in the pub looking for food! :grin:

Ent Ancient
omg @Tarawen no apology necessary! Zweet is having fun (mostly), I'm glad you're enjoying her silly birb antics.

Black Númenórean
<3 She's the best birb! And she has been through quite the night at the Dragon...

Black Númenórean
Hi hobbit friends, I was just getting ready to re-post the new Green Dragon thread but notice people have started posting in the old one! Should I hold off on reopening the new one? Or would you like me to open it and migrate over there?
Evil is a lifestyle | she/her

Balrog
:lol: I hadn't wanted to badger you into reposting the new pub will all the millions of other things going on that required more attention.

But now that you mention it, honestly I think it's up to you, as the new TR if you want to open the new thread. I'm golden either way :grin:
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Chef
So my whole golf game got swallowed, as well as the new Brewery thread. When I saw that, I just sighed and focused on the goings-on in my real life. What do you all think I should do now?

Black Númenórean
@Istya Alassea - I would love to resume the golf game! :grin: You may have seen it but we were lucky enough to get our data back, which Narv used to get an archive up and running. Your golf thread is archived here (the Brewery thread is saved in the archive as well!). If others wanted to resume and you are willing to keep running the game, maybe we could repost our old stuff until we catch back up? I know this has worked for some other threads that were partially or totally lost. :smile:

Chef
I would like to get back to the game as well as back to the Brewery. Do you want me to just repost my last big golf post, and then have everyone repost their last postsThis idea makes logical sense. I just want to make sure that is what you are saying too. If so, I plan to make time for the repost this weekend.

Black Númenórean
Personally, I'd say it's up to you! With the Children of the Stones RP in Rohan, everyone took turns reposting all our stuff in the order we originally posted. Getting caught up took a few days but I think this thread might go more quickly? If you would prefer that folks only repost their most recent post and move forward, I'm sure that'll work too! We can adapt to whatever works best for you as the TR. :smile:

High Lord of Imladris
@Istya Alassea might be smart to tag Drifa let her know that Bikki's posts can go back up in the Brewery as we are doing a repost in order then we can get to continuing the Brewery as it's been quite a fun thread so far.

I did get my golf post up since I was the first one in the old thread so can't wait for round 1 to resume!

Ent Ancient
I'm happy to see your threads revived, @Istya Alassea and I know I am not alone in that! Are latecomers are welcome to join the golf game or possibly spectate if not?

Chef
Latecomers may join the game! And thanks for telling me - I am encouraged.

Khazad Elder
The Whitehead sneezed; the Blackhead blew; the Greenhead ached; the Bluehead coughed, and the Redhead shook.

@I see you! Hey Pele! I am on day 2 of my flu/cold. I can't remember the last time I was sick. It isn't pleasant. I am probably going to be scarce for the week. Let us hope others join the Word Sleuth, and we will see what happens by the end of the week. :goodbye:
The world was fair in Durin's Day

High Warden of Tower
Ooofta. Get rid of that yucky thingy NOW, or I might send you a regiment of paratroopers with honey machine guns. :tongue: Take your time, and let's see how things go with WS, once you are ready, and others hopefully.

High Lord of Imladris
@Istya Alassea not sure what is up with @Cold Drake in terms of the brewery but if you want we could I suppose just continue on from where we were since I'm not sure they are going to start reposting for the wine making lessons?

Chef
Sounds like a good idea to me, @I Said What I Said . Let's do that.

I unfortunately am in a transition between computers, which is part of the reason I haven't been able to log into the Plaza for awhile. I am currently typing from my phone!
And, just to be a geek for a moment, I am back in school right now for my event planning certification. One of my possible electives is Viticulture and Enology, which is so on topic with my Brewery work!

Fea
Hello. I've decided to give the roleplay a go. I'm nota prolific or even particularly talented story writer but I have this merciless itch to write lately. My heart longs to wander about in the Shire for a bit and so hear we are... my heart and me. I'm happy to just write myself wandering around the farthings, if that's okay. If anyone wants to join me, feel welcome to just bump into my character/s here and there. :)

Balrog
Welcome to the Shire, @Raythri! Have fun exploring all the Farthings and as many other places in the Shire that you can imagine; just remember that tea is served promptly at 3 and it's impolite not to bring a gift to the grandmothers when they invite you over.

Black Númenórean
Welcome @Raythri, glad to have you! :grin:
Evil is a lifestyle | she/her

Fea
Thank you both. I'm very nervous about making my first little post and your welcomes are very appreciated. I will be sure to remember tea time and will try to have gifts for any grandmothers who invite me over. Thank you again.

Fea
I should have asked earlier, is a day between posts a good amount of time before posting after myself again, when no one posts after me? I remember that double posting is usually frowned upon on forums.

Balrog
I think it might depend on who's running which thread, but I think somewhere between 12-24 hours is a good bet. Personally, in the threads that I run I'm not picky as long as the posts aren't spammy. With an active group this small the taboo of double posting has significantly decreased

Fea
Okay. Thank you for answering. I appreciate it very much.

Brewer
@Tari! Tari Boffin, I believe?? DaffodilBaggins here, and I remember you from years and years ago, when there were soooooo many of us here in the Shire, having so much fun! I've missed this place, and now that I've joined the rebuilt Plaza, am missing all those who were here before, that much more! How are you, hon? How's life been for the past who knows how many years since we were all in here?! It's really good to see a familiar name pop up in here! I've mostly been posting poetry in the Cottage of Lost Play, but thought I'd look around a bit to see where else people might have been active recently. Things are far too quiet around this plaza! And if anyone's starting a garden, I'm in!

New Soul
Oh my I've just rediscovered the Plaza! Saw on a reddit thread that it had been rebuilt! Can't get the grin off my face! So many familiar names! Tari, Mennoly,...I used to be Anson Baranduin 20 of years ago. I was mayor of the Shire as Frodo for a bit.

Any chance of rebuilding the drill team? Are there enough members that other kingdoms would do it as well? It was always my favorite activity!

To be able to play on the plaza on a smartphone. Who's have guessed!!! I've missed you all!

New Soul
I am friends with Brandybuck on FB. I'll message her and see if she'll come back!

New Soul
Anson: Heya! Cool you're back! I found your post in the Newbie thread too. I know the drill team threads from back in the day, but I can't recall what they were about, yet I never participated in them, for the reason I couldn't keep up with them. I was more into the RP stuff at the time with my former main character Aikári. Since I came back here, I have been mostly active in games mostly, such as guess games. I do remember you as Baranduin running around on the old Plaza. Nice you're around. But I am not certain those teams can be resurrected in all kingdoms. Most activity is only in Gondor still, the rest is quite dormant.
Just call me Aiks or Aikári. Notify is off.
Find me stuff in Gondolin.
And let us embark to Valinor!

New Soul
Makes sense. The drill teams were a league across kingdoms. A moderator would post a question about Tolkien lore, and the fastest team to get the correct answer with a back up quote from the books (including the histories) would get a point. It was quite challenging. I loved it. But if all kingdoms aren't active, it wouldn't work!

New Soul
Anson: Alas not, we are with a bunch around here, doing what we like. But the numbers of old, sadly we don't have them anymore. But it is not that the spirit is down here or so. There are plenty of other activities that are running quite. It is small but steady group out and around. And you're surely welcome to be part of it. :thumbs:
Just call me Aiks or Aikári. Notify is off.
Find me stuff in Gondolin.
And let us embark to Valinor!

Orc Chieftain
I was a member of Mordor's Sr. Drill Team on the Old Plaza and it was a blast! Though sometimes I answered a bit too quickly and Naelia didn't like travelling to an Elven kingdom, since she claimed the brightness was hurting her eyes (she's a minion that prefers darkness)! :lol:

As for this kingdom, perhaps I'll have Elanor Starsley join the honey club. She's a bit of a troublemaker and needs to get her mind off a certain boy that wants nothing to do with her (she even almost cost the Hobbit lass that he does fancy her life, since young Elanor nearly pushed her off a cliff, due to jealousy).
He who commands the Ruling Ring... commands all

Crafts Master
The Shire !!! Great place. For sure one of my preferred one after KD. My greetings to all , hoping to meet new friends here also.

Balrog
Welcome back Borromino, glad to see you found us again.

New Soul
Hi all, I have found my way back to the plaza after many years, (in fact, since before it was reforged). Who was it that recreated this hobbit hole away from home? They've performed a great deed to be sure
Periantar:
I am a multi facited hobbit, for I am a gardener;
a leader, hobbit second regiment of the HDS;
and fireworks meister of TISAPA.