The Michel Delving Mathom-House (OOC)

Growing food and eating it occupied most of their time.
Black Númenórean
Bahaha @Lailorn, I didn't even think what would happen if two people wound up on the same space in the game; nicely managed IC! :lol:
she/her | Esta tierra no es mía, soy de la nocheósfera.

Ent Ancient
@Tarawen - oh glad you liked it! I think it was good timing since I fell asleep on the game for a bit.

New Soul
Glad to see you back, @Istya Alassea ! Is the Brewery allowing characters to order wines and ales yet or would that be in a second thread activity for Strawberrystar? I'm glad to see a great old Plaza making its return and happy to see you back, too!
"Eriol... 'One who dreams alone.' ” - Tolkien, The Book of Lost Tales I

Chef
Hi, @Aigronding Mordagnir ! Please feel free to send us your order, even with the tour. I will gladly take it, and may even use it for the tourgoers to get some practice in.

New Soul
Fantastic, @Istya Alassea , I'll be there tomorrow as one of my elven characters!! I'm happy to be of use 🥳🍾!

Chef
I just read your post, @Aigronding Mordagnir ! I will post by Wednesday my response. When do you need it by?

New Soul
Thanks, @Istya Alassea :dance: ! Anytime is good, no rush. She probably doesn't expect me to post the anniversary RP prompt for our characters in the Lindon Free RP thread in the Imladris forum yet :lol: . Ercassie and I want us to start our characters' family writing soon on the new Plaza so I thought this would be a cute way to begin in the Lindon realm and having Old Winyards wine delivered would be sweet for the occasion (pun intended). My Elf character will give Istya their address in my next post after yours and I'll include the thread link too :grin:

Balrog
Hey everyone! So the member of the month voting is nearly up and there haven’t been many votes. I would like to implore you all to take a quick 5 minutes to do so. Even if you are not active, I still implore you to take the time and vote. You don’t need to have been super active the last month to stop by and tell the admins who you think is the coolest or the best or your favorite writer. Why am I so invested you ask ( okay you didn’t but I’m gonna say it anyway). I came up with the idea to let us, the non admin members of the Plaza pick someone special. I really want to see that idea succeed because it can help draw us together more as a group and can say to someone that we as a whole enjoy their work and their company. We’ve got a few more days, and you all have 5 minutes to push the envelope button on the bottom of the page.

I’m also just posting this in the OOC threads because it’s not an announcement so much as it’s a plea to engage with.
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Storyteller
Ok ok @Hoarfrost... I did it. Just because you asked.

Nah, not really, I always meant to send a vote in. I was just being un-hasty. :wink:

Storyteller
@Joel Cotton, I know you haven't been online too often lately, but next time you're logged in if you happen to notice this, would you mind editing the details of my store in the market? In the wake of recent turbulent events at his stall, Dwim will be toning things down a little and making his store a bit more Shire friendly. This is what I'd like to change to:

Trinkets & Treasures
Owner: Dwim Took
Description of goods or services provided: An eclectic collection of mathoms and trinkets sourced from the Shire and beyond. Antiques, odd trinkets, jewellery, tableware, unique books, maps, old paintings and portraits, and much more.

High Lord of Imladris
@Istya Alassea Here are the icons they are the smaller versions of the ones you have

apparently I didn't name them in order lol so had to find the mug. :lol:

Farmer
@Dwim Done!

@Lokktar Ogar - Got your market edited in the OP too!

Sorry I have been so absent lately. I feel bad :(

Storyteller
Thanks @Joel Cotton!

No need to feel bad! We're all grown up now and keeping up with life-things is important. :nod:

Chef
Thanks, @Fuin Elda ! I will try to get them in there by the end of this week. I normally try to post Wed - Fri, but this time around my brother is in town for those exact days.

Storyteller
@Vampire Bob, I want to ask how venomous is your little katipō spider? If a bite is not likely to send Dwim to an early grave I'd like to invite Ceru to bite his finger, since he's left it dangling so carelessly in front of her. It will give me a reason to post in the Shire Clinic thread. :grin:

Balrog
@Dwim Katipōs are in the same family as the black widow so potentially they are very dangerous, shortness of breath, abdominal cramps, swelling along with the extreme pain of the bite itself. That being said, I don't think they are life threatening. if Dwim gets bit it's gonna hurt a heck of a lot, but he will be able to pull through.
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Ent Ancient
So one bite could definitely kill a little wren?

Storyteller
@Vampire Bob, ok, feel free to bite then! :lol: (if it fits with your RP plans)

@Lail, and you keep your little birdy safe! Pearl's had enough to clean up without adding a bird carcass to the list!!

Balrog
@Lail Oh! I hadn't thought about that. To be fair, I hadn't actually considered biting anyone with my spiders until now. Ceru's too chicken to try and bite a bird though. Those things are terrifying! :headshake:

@Dwim I'll get in there tomorrow and give you a bit of a bite in that case! :stab:

Knight of The Mark
@Joel Cotton I've moved the banner for the market banner so the link has changed if you want to update it in the market op.

https://i.ibb.co/0MRwwp7/marketnew.jpg
Rohirrim at heart, always.

Ent Ancient
@Vampire Bob well I was actually considering sacrificing little Zweet to the spider until @Dwim volunteered... I've become oddly attached to her after only 2 posts.

Balrog
I know what you mean! I love all my spiders even though I literally created them on the spot just to be able to weird around in threads. These spiders are sticking around after I lose the Ungoliant rank.

Ent Ancient
I don't think I've done much animal RP but I am enjoying it! Maybe Zweet and Ceru will meet again someday.

Chef
@Whatever I Want and @Dwimmerlaik
Help! How to know who is who now?? I hope I have the right ones now, lol!
Anyway, Dwim, do you still want to be bitten? I was leaving it out in the open but now Ceru is facing me ;-) Don't want to be in your way? A doctor should not be a patient in the Hobbit Hospital...
Please state the nature of the medical emergency!

Storyteller
@Eamila Bolger, Ceru bit Dwim in @Whatever I Want's most recent post. I think you're right, if I'm going to have Dwim appear at the Hobbit Hospital the next day, he'll need someone there to help him! 😆

Chef
Oh lol, I missed that part in the long post, lol!

Balrog
sorry about the @Eamila Bolger! I tend to write long rambly posts and things can get lost in there. I could have Ceru bite you as well if you'd like? She's terrified, the poor spidey

Chef
Lol, no problem there @Whatever I Want I just needed to read more carefully! I kind of thought that this bite would be the dramatic cliffhanger of the post, lol, but it was in the middle already.
Ea has just brought Ceru out of the Inn and is now worrying about Dwim. But if you want her to come back for mischief, be more than welcome! Hope bringing her out wasn't godmoding?
And keep the long posts coming, I like them!

Balrog
@Eamila Bolger perfectly fine! She's a tiny spider after all, and probably much better off outside of the inn

Chef
@Dwimmerlaik I'll continue the storyline in the pub after Halloween, got a bit much threads to work on right now each day!

Storyteller
@Eamila Bolger, no worries, I'm not in any rush. There is a bit going on at the moment isn't there!

Chef
Quite a bit!

Ent Ancient
I will agree with that too, @Dwimmerlaik! For the record whenever it comes to it, if anyone wants to help Zweet or do anything with her in the Green Dragon, feel free. She's a poor drunk, dazed and blue-cake-filled lil' birdie.

Storyteller
I was feeling bad that no one had helped her yet!

Chef
We will most certainly pick the story up where we left it, @Elaena Targaryen!

Ent Ancient
Not to worry I think Dwim has bigger problems with that spidey bite! :thumbs: @Eamila Bolger happy to pick back up again after Halloween quiets down.

Child of Gondor
Hello folks ! It’s been a long time since I’ve been on here but it’s lovely to see it’s still going ! Not sure if anyone from back in my day is still on .. it’s been so long ..
I was a Gondorian but The Shire was my second home ! Hope you’re all doing well !

Storyteller
Hi @Devin! Welcome back to the Plaza! Did you have the same name on the old Plaza?

Master Torturer
He did indeed :D

Child of Gondor
Wow !!! Holy crap Windy !!! How are you ?

Thanks Dwim, I sure did ! It’s wild to think back in the old plaza days I was a young teen and now I am 31 😂

Master Torturer
Ha, Naith nailed your age :p

Child of Gondor
I was definitely one of the babies on the plaza ! I actually messaged Naith last night ! I’m bubbling with nostalgia today 😊😊

New Soul
My dear Hobbits! I'm helping Drifa sort out/update the Global Member Announcement thread and I made a list of active threads in The Sire in this post (We decided to exclude the Picture Threads, Post Offices, Announcement Threads and Character Submissions - because those are OK). Could someone please take a look and let me know if I managed to sort everything out? Thanks a bunch! :smooch:
She/her.
Solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant

Master Torturer
Devin wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:43 pm I was definitely one of the babies on the plaza ! I actually messaged Naith last night ! I’m bubbling with nostalgia today 😊😊
:lol: Think Narv was too! Think we had quite a few of you lol

Child of Gondor
I like to think I was exceptionally immature !

Storyteller
@Devin, I'm the same age as you haha. So doing the maths I guess I was 16 when I first joined. I always thought of myself as a mature 16 year old, but when I go back and look at old posts, it definitely seems like a different story. :lol:

@Nessa Saelind, looks good to me. :thumbs: The only thing that looks missing is the Michel Delving Market, unless you've excluded it due to the age of the last post. Good luck to you and Drifa compiling it all!

Master Torturer
You guys were such joys.. :winkkiss: :lol:

Chef
Welcome to the Shire @Devin ! I am digging in my memory here to see if I remember you... feeling quite stupid that I don't right away.
I joined the plaza (and the Shire) in December 2002 and ended my plaza career somewhere in 2008 I guess, after being Samwise together with @Brandybuck (whom I'd love to meet again here in the Shire!!!).

Child of Gondor
@Eamila Bolger I remember you !!!
I think I remember when you became Sam. I frequented the Knitting club often ! Also when I was going on my nostalgia hunt the other night I stumbled upon a list of “DoM” members that we were both on . I don’t recall what DoM is though .
Brandybuck is one of the people I miss the most and the main reason I posted here actually ! I typed in brown often , was very silly and ... well that’s about all the memory joggers I got .
Great to see you’re still here !

Edit : Another memory jogger . Muffins .

Further Edit : Dwim I’m a jerk , I missed your comment . We are the golden age . I joined super early like 2003 I think so these folks had to deal with a little hyper ball Who Started Off Typing Like This 😂

Return of the Edit : Windy, do I recall correctly the song spoofs in Mordor or am I wrong with placing you there . Forgive me I am old now

Master Torturer
Don't remember song spoofs, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen! :P Naith definitely remembers the capital letters haha! Did you not join a how to rp thread I ran? Or something..