The Marvellous Mushroom Growing Contest

Growing food and eating it occupied most of their time.
Arien
Arien

Hobbits, Big Folk, all and sundry!

Farmer Maggot has inspected a patch of common ground in Hobbiton and pronounced it absolutely perfect for growing food, fruit and flowers of all sorts - and perhaps even mushrooms!

But which will flourish best in such earth?

Farmer Maggot has a huge collection of mushroom spores - and some other mysterious seeds and cuttings as well - but alas, he’s not very organised and he can’t be sure which is which.

Time for us good hobbits (and other folk) to get out there and experiment.

At the end of the growing season we can get together and see what we’ve grown and who will take the prize!

This will be followed by a TASTING SESSION where everyone can remark upon your carrots or something.

How This Will Work:

- This is primarily an RP thread for Hobbits to post about farming in their allotment. However there will be an optional game element!
- For every RP post you make tending to your crop, I will add on a weight point to whatever it is you have grown - which will count towards the Size Prize! Stop sniggering.
- You may grow specific crops that you yourself choose, pipeweed, taters, carrots etc.- or you may choose a bag from Mr Maggot’s Mystery Assortment!
- If you choose a mystery bag you will also have to choose where to plant it - on wet wood, marshy soil, dry soil, etc and let’s see what happens
- Prizes if you successfully grow any of Mr Maggot’s special stuff - including particularly delicious mushrooms and a new strain of pipeweed
- But if you’re unlucky you might find it’s something completely inedible! Who put that agaric in there?!
- To make it fair everyone can claim up to three patches of earth for planting. You can choose all one crop (and all your posts will go towards the Size Prize) or variants
- I will also post WEATHER UPDATES AND EVENTS: will it be sunny? Will rogue animals raid the field? Respond to tend your crops
- IRL Sil and plants are not friends so let’s not expect too much realism but I will gratefully accept corrections in the general shire OOC if you tag me

RULES
- Mark OOC as OOC. No need for whiteout
- Don’t godmode other players. You may godmode your plants, but if you have picked the mystery bag, I will also godmode your plants.
- Anyone may RP as Farmer Maggot
- All free peoples welcome. Minions must be in semi-plausible disguise and any shenanigans will be met with pitchforks
- Sabotage? I probably won’t stop you but the Shirriffs might
- Please don’t double post until 24 hours has elapsed since your last post
cave anserem

Storyteller
Dwim Took

After the recent acquisition of his parent's property in Tuckborough, and having never tended to the yard properly when he lived there as a youngster, Dwim found himself completely inept at growing or maintaining anything natural there. The plants and vegetables that were thriving were purely by luck, and were surrounded by plenty of dried or dead patches of plants which at one stage had been doing okay. He was also having trouble keeping the local birds away from his vegetable patch, which annoyed him to no end. So when he saw the notice in town that Farmer Maggot would be in Hobbiton running a mushroom growing contest, he decided that would be the perfect opportunity to learn some tricks and techniques.

When he arrived, wearing some well worn clothes and a wide-brimmed hat, he walked straight up to Farmer Maggot. He'd always heard tales about the farmer but never knew what he actually looked like until he saw a sketch of his face on the notice board in Tuckborough. "Morning, Mr. Maggot," he greeted him with a cheery smile. "My name's Dwim. Dwim Took. I thought I'd better warn you in advance, I'm no good at growing anything. My parents can attest to that. But I thought I'd like to give it a try anyway. You never know, I might surprise myself!"

Knowing that he might embarrass himself if he actually attempted to grow a specific thing in particular, he decided it might be a better idea to grab some of Maggot's mystery seeds and see what might grow from those. He dipped his hand in and grabbed an assortment of seeds, then turned to choose some ground. It looked like he had first dibs. Wanting to learn as much from Maggot as possible, he chose a space quite near to where the farmer was standing, picking three patches of ground without actually putting any thought to what the soil might be like there. It turned out two of the little patches of soil he chose were quite dry, while the other held a bit more moisture. His inexperience was already showing!

Clearing his throat he stood there awkwardly, wondering what he should do first. Well I suppose I better dig a little... he thought to himself as he crouched down, accidently spilling a bit of his canteen of drinking water onto the soil. "Oops," he said aloud, although it suddenly twigged that wetting the ground might be a good way to start. He grabbed a nearby watering can and began sprinkling it over his soil.

High Lord of Imladris
3 Raccoons in a coat

Bob, Hob and Reginald the Third had discovered Farmer Maggot was doing things and there was possibly food to be had, now Farmer Maggot for his part was quite smart about keeping the three Brothers away from the food stores, but they were raccoons and they were not apt to give up easily though Fang had take off a bit of Hobs tail the last time. However they came to the conclusion that they needed a disguise. So they stole the head of a doll, because after stealing a scarecrow from the Tooks they decided that it's head probably wasn't good enough to pass a quick glance from Farmer Maggot. but the clothing though a bit dirty and dusty certainly was. So Bob and Hob were in charge of the legs and Reginald was in charge of the arms which were sticks with gardening gloves (that Bob had stolen from Bungo Boffins because they had to steal things from different places otherwise it might be too noticeable) on them. The 'hobbit' sort of waddled towards Mr Maggot and looked at him. with it's blank doll face that when the head started to tip back it's eyes blinked shut making the 'hobbit' sort of look like they'd had far too much to drink at the Bird and Baby or the Green Dragon or any other numerous pub in the Shire.

They stood patiently thinking perhaps they would be given mushrooms for something not realizing it was a mushroom GROWING contest. Farmer Magggot was blessedly busy with other stuff and absent mindedly handed them a mystery packet of seeds and so the three raccoons waddled off to figure out what this packet was.

Bob, and Reginald were fighting horribly about whether they should just eat the packet but Hob cracked his two brothers on the head and growled at them and chattered in raccoon speak

'these are seeds you idiots. We can grow them, and if we grow them we get more food, and then from what I understood others are growing things so we can steal food from them too!'
Reginald the third rubbed his head his eyes watering
'I'll tell mom.'

'Mom kicked us out of the nest two years ago Reginald, she doesn't want to see us back. Now lets figure out where we can plant these seeds.
' with that the three raccoons semi re-assembled their costume and waddled further away looking for some nice dirt. They found a nice patch of dirt with a stream near by where they could wash their ill gotten goods once they had grown more.

Hob shoved Reginald over to bob and with the packet of seeds in his mouth wiggled his head and hands out of the leg and glanced around before scratching at the dirt and sprinkling the seeds onto it and covering them back up.

'Reginald your heavy!' Complained Bob.

'We just won't let him eat as much later.' Hob said as he wiggled back into the trouser leg and took some of Reginalds weight. Now they just needed to keep up this charade until the plants were grown. How long could that possibly take? A day or two? they had no idea they didn't grow things normally.

Arien
Arien
Both @Dwimmerlaik Dwim and @Fuin Elda the Three Raccoons find small brown seeds in their bags. Dwim has received carrot seeds - the raccoons have got radishes! It’s not long before we see some sprouts... but the weather’s been a little cold; the ground will need loosening and maybe a bit of fleece to keep the seeds warm!

All still welcome to post your growing adventures
cave anserem

Chef
NPC Tobias Hornblower

It was a wonderful day to go to the garden, or so Tobias thought. He hadn't thought so before, when he saw that the weather was a bit grey and it looked like it would rain later on. But then his beloved wife Petunia had started to bring out the carpets so she could give the floor a good cleaning. He knew what that meant: either he would be 'in the way' all the time, no matter where he decided to move next. Or he'd be forced to help beating them. He hated that chore, somehow the dust would always fill his nose and give him very bad sneezing fits.
So he had said something about ripe apples and salad for dinner and rushed off.

Now that he was outside, he realized that the weather wasn't that bad at all. He picked up his bucket and shovel and walked to his garden.

With a happy face he looked at the neatly arranged flowerbeds and vegetables. There was the red cabbage, covered with a net for the butterflies. There were strawberries, potatoes, lettuce, carrots and beets. And of course green beans, pumpkins and zucchini.
He sighed. There wasn't even room for unions this year, and he liked them so much. He still had some time for new projects. But not enough room. What to do?

Tobias scratched his head and then he realized something. Hadn't he seen an announcement somewhere, about seed bags that Farmer Maggot was giving away? And a patch of earth that was for gardening? He would have to check out on that. After harvesting a large lettuce for supper and checking on the apples - not ripe yet, but there were plums and his Petunia could make a lovely pie from plums too - he walked on.

'Good morning!', he said when he saw that not only Farmer Maggot but also Dwim was at work in the new garden. He also nodded at the three raccoons, not really sure what to think of them. When there were raccoons in his garden, he would shoo them off. You never knew if animals like that would be spoiling your crops by biting in them, or digging up your carrots. But it looked like Farmer Maggot did not mind, so he wouldn't make a big deal out of it.
'Well', he continued. 'Isn't it a great day for gardening? I had planned to work in my vegetable garden today, but there is no more room for new plants to grow. And since the Missus is cleaning the house I'd thought I'd come here and try something new. Do you have a mystery bag of seeds for me, Mr. Maggot?'
Please state the nature of the medical emergency!

High Lord of Imladris
Three Raccoons in a coat

Bob, Hob and Reginald the Third sat under a tree for a few days straight after having scratched the soil up and planted their little brown seeds.

They waited and waited. And waited rather uncomfortably in the trousers and shirt and coat that they had procured from the scare crow. Bob and Hob and basically chewed little holes in the knees of the pants so they could see out and breath a bit easier and Reginald had his muzzle half out of the shirt between two buttons. Making it look quite comical which might have been why Tobias Hornblower picked out that they were raccoons and not some sort of terribly fancy scarecrow standing watch over their radishes as he nodded at them. The head on top of Reginald swayed back and forth slightly doing a slow and very very creepy blink in response to the nod. It was about as close as they could get to a nod.

After dark of course was when the three brothers were most active Hob stealing out of the pants leg as the leader and wisest of the raccoons despite Reginald thinking that because his name was fancier and his tail longer that he should be the leader to go and get water for the seeds and of course to quietly and stealthily go and check on what the other 'hobbits' if that's what they actually were growing fortunately for Hob (and perhaps the other gardeners) nothing had sprouted up yet so there was nothing for them to steal yet gardenwise.

Of course the Hob DID make is way to a window sill and make off with a freshly baked pie for the three of them to eat while they waited for these plants to hurry up and grow. The three brothers scuttled off into a tree with the pie, shedding their 'costume' against a tree trunk making it perhaps look like a hobbit had run off to have a quick bath in the tiny creek because that would make sense to the raccoons who very much were not afraid of water being raccoons. They gobbled down the blueberry pie like the little terrors they were and watched as hobbits walked past their little 'gardening' patch their yellow eyes glowing in the moonlight up a decently tall Elm tree as they quietly debated amongst themselves if they should in fact go and bite the hobbit to defend their garden patch.

As far as they were concerned though nobody KNEW they were racoons as far as they knew Tobias had been fooled by there costume, so they decided to leave them be as long as the hobbits did nothing more than look at their garden. Which since it was night was not a very big issue, most of the hobbits wandering in the dark were quite off their faces. So they went back to watching the seeds from their high vantage point and they were starting to worry about the seeds so there was a fight. And Bob and Hob pinned Reginald down who struggled horribly but because he had been mothers favourite his fur tended to be a bit fluffier than theirs so they pulled some of his extra fluffy butt floof out and packed it around the seeds to keep them warm over night so the morning frost would not get them, before the sun rose they'd have to get back in their costume because they highly doubted that people would miss the fact the hobbit growing whatever plants in that patch was flatter than than Lobelias singing voice.

Arien
Arien
Farmer Maggot

“Why hello, Tobias!” said Farmer Maggot, beaming so bountifully that his eyes disappeared into happy little creases, like raisins into dough. “Why, I certainly do! Pick one of those there yonder... there’s all sorts I don’t have the time to be sorting. I’m thinking of trying to grow a new strain of mushrooms, myself,” he continued thoughtfully; “the mushrooms we have are great, it’s just, they’re not BIG enough.”

Farmer Maggot would not be contented until the day he met a mushroom as large as himself. And then fried it (with bacon) and ate it.

One of his dogs, Grip, had accompanied him to the allotment. His hackles rose and he began to whine in a confused sort of manner. Sniffing in a curious manner, he began to investigate the Three Raccoons....

Welcome @Eamila Bolger! Your seeds are absolutely minuscule, and a dark brown. Hmmm, what will you do with them? What are you hoping for?

@Fuin Elda Farmer Maggot’s dog has begun to investigate the Raccoons! What will you do?

THE WEATHER REMAINS SUNNY
cave anserem

High Lord of Imladris
Three Raccoons in a Coat

The three brothers were quite discontent with having to sit and watch these horrifically slow plants grow. They were chittering at each other debating on if they should go and see if they could climb into old Gaffers Larder and see if they could find some tasty biscuits in there when there was a snuffling outside the trousers and shirt that they were wearing and all three brothers pressed their eyes to the holes that they'd made in the clothing (or the gaps between the buttons in Reginald the Thirds case) to find Grip coming towards them nose first.

PANIC. TERROR. That is what gripped Reginald the Third who literally flailed his arms around making the sticks fling around and thwack Grip right across the nose purely be accident as he was literally trying to climb out the back of the shirt which was solid while Hob held onto one of his back legs and let out a menacing growl at the dog as did Bob who had a hold of one of Reginald's tail was also was growling at the dog since there was no way the three of them could escape quickly they had to be bigger and smarter than the dog.

Fortunately the thwack with the stick set Grip back on his backside a bit shocked, he'd never been STRUCK by a raccoon scented scarecrow before it was all discombobulating. And his nose rather hurt from it he was not fond of his nose hurting and he was certain it was growling at him and he'd never heard or seen the likes of it before.

"CHARGE!" Bellowed Hob as loudly as a raccoon could possibly bellow, and he and Bob raced forwards causing their 'hobbit form' to run at the very large dog, with both legs moving forward at the same time while Reginald continued to flail and try to escape backwards making it look absolutely hilariously like someone was FAR too excited about patting a dog and running with their arms flailing about leaning back. It was all too much for Grip who took off like a shot not wanting to get hit with one of those arms again and the scarecrow thing was coming right for him at a pretty good clip. Raccoons or not he wanted no part of it and the two brothers that made up the legs of the disguise chased him all the way to the edge of the field they were in to try to make sure he would not come back.

"REGINALD. DID YOU DEFICATE YOU WERE THAT SCARED?" Asked Bob who wrinkled his muzzle and glared up at his idiot brother.

"Maybe."

"I'm eating your share of the food."

"HOB! Bob is being mean to me."

"You pooped on him Reginald. What did you think would happen?" Hob said more than a little happy that he's grabbed Reginalds leg and not his tail as that very well could have been him.

Storyteller
Dwim Took

The next few days were spent watching the antics of the hobbit dressed in a strangely disconcerting hobbit costume (the Three Racoons), and trying to think of a way to start a conversation with that fellow Tobias Hornblower who had come down to do some planting too. Watching them was more interesting than staring at his little plot, waiting for the mushrooms to grow.

Dwim's only tactic at this point was to keep sprinkling plenty of water over his soil. It seemed to have worked because soon enough some little sprouts began to poke through. "Uh oh," he said out loud, suddenly glad he had not committed to growing anything in particular. These sprouts were green stemmed with a tiny little leaf each. He was sure this wasn't how mushrooms started.

Coinciding with the recent drop in ambient temperature, the hobbit's embarrassment at already having lost the mushroom growing contest led him to quickly scuttle over towards Maggot's pile of fleece laying nearby. He grabbed some and quickly covered his plot to hide his not mushrooms from the sight and judgement of the others. "Just keeping them protected from the weather..." he said quietly, if anyone was wondering.

Arien
Arien
EVENT: RP Prompt

A flock of black birds has been seen nearby - soon they will be descending on the fields to peck up all the seeds and disturb the tender young crops!

It’s time for us to BUILD A SCARECROW.

Farmer Maggot has a shed nearby which is full of normal gardening supplies: buckets, planks of wood, rakes, trowels... All sorts of things.

Get your supplies together - go home and fetch more if you need to - and build the best scarecrow you can to deter these hungry birds!

All newcomers still welcome!

@Fuin Elda @Eamila Bolger @Dwimmerlaik
cave anserem

Chef
NPC Tobias Hornblower

'I cannot wait to see how that experiment turns out!', Tobias said with a smile. Truth was that he was a bit jealous. Farmer Maggot was already famous for his wonderful mushrooms. And now he wanted them bigger?
'But,' he said to himself, 'I shouldn't make a problem of that. He is sharing his seeds for nothing, isn't he?' He opened the brown bag and carefully shook the seeds out on his opened hand. 'They are small seeds 'though...'
But Tobias knew that the shape of the seed never said much about the result of them sprouting and growing.
He looked for a spot of land where the soil wasn't too tight, a spot that was quite sandy. He raked the ground and put some menure on it, then he raked it again. Carefully he made lines in which he planted the seeds, not too close to each other. Once they had sprouted he would be able to see if they were far enough apart, or whether they needed to be planted out wider.
Tobias took a big watering-can and filled it with water from a nearby well. The sun was burning hot on his skin now, but he didn't mind. These seeds needed time to feel the sun and the water and come to life!
Tobias thought he had earned some rest and he sat down in the shadow of a tree that stood on the border of the field.
'So how is it going?', he said to Dwim. Tobias was a good natured man and he liked some chit chat on a beautiful day like this. 'Are you always into gardening of is this an experiment?', he continued. 'I always think it's exciting to find out how your seeds will develop. I love growing things... flowers, vegetables, fruit trees...' He realized he might sound a bit smug. 'But I am not as good as mr. Maggot here. I wouldn't think of bragging with him nearby...'

At that moment something quite astonishing happened. Farmer Maggot had called Grip to check on the scarecrow near the other field. Tobias had seen that there were several eyes poking through little holes in the clothes and the sounds that were coming out every now and them had convinced him that these were raccoons. They were actually doing a good job hiding and keeping still. But with Grip on the way, the racoonstuffed scarecrow started to move. Would it fall over? Would it actually start walking?
Tobias' eyes were growing bigger every minute while he watched the thing move. He pitied Grip who got quite a blow on the nose, but he couldn't help himself. He laughed so loud and long that he almost choked. Coughing and gasping for breath he sat down again, gratefully accepting a mug full of water from Farmer Maggot.
'Oh my', he said. 'That was the best laugh I had in ages. I wonder what those rascals are up to now. They must know that we have all seen them, will they keep hiding in there?'

But what was that? There was a cowing sound in the air. Tobias' laugh disappeared.
'Crows...' That was an unpleasant surprise.
'It looks like I may need a scarecrow of my own to protect my seeds. Maggot, could I check your shed to see if there is something that I could use to make one?'
After the confirmation that indeed he could, Tobias walked over to the shed and started to look for something useful. Soon he walked out with a very wide old shirt that made him wonder if it perhaps had been a dress that Mrs. Maggot had once worn. He stuffed a burlap sack with straw and put it on a pole. Over the 'head' he pulled the old dress, which he stuffed with more hay. He tied a piece of rope around the waist of the scarecrow and smiled. Perfect, he was getting somewhere. Now where was that ridiculously large blue hat that he had found? Ah, there it was. He put it on the burlap head.
Good!
With a shovel he dug a hole in the ground and put the pole in it. Now what more could he use? He needed some thinking...
Please state the nature of the medical emergency!

High Lord of Imladris
Three Raccoons in a Coat

Crisis averted. The rather large dog was gone, running back to its master it seemed however they heard caws. "Crows" they all said in unison. If there was one thing that the three brothers disliked it was dirty nasty crows that would try to steal their food. They weren't having it and they couldn't rightly pretend that they were actually a scarecrow. How else would they get more seeds or raid the other garden patches at night safely if they played at being a scare crow. No. They would have to go and build a proper scarecrow it seemed.

OR...

And this seemed a much better plan to them, steal one. Or in this case. Another one. Because who actually had time to build a scarecrow? Aside from apparently Tobias Hornblower who seemed to think their terrifying ordeal with the dog was funny. the lumpy and bumpy fake hobbit headed off to go 'home' as had been suggested to get more items to build a scare crow. Unfortunately for Penelope Proudfoot who was inside having tea they spotted her rather lovely scare crow and decided that it would work fine and was out of sight of the fields so Farmer Maggot and the snoopy hobbits that were taking part in this growing nonsense would not see that they were up to shenanigan's. Which honestly if they were entirely honest the brothers were quite happy about as it meant more food for them to steal later at night so they hoped more people would show up and grow things. Away from them.

They shed their costume and tucked it away around another corner so that they could steal this new scarecrow with a bit more ease. They went up and over the fence and into the garden, picking and eating a few of Penelope Proudfoots spring peas that had just started to come in they were quite sweet and nice and it was for the best there were only a few of them as otherwise the brothers would have forgotten their mission to steal the scarecrow.

Which really was a horrible looking scarecrow, it was a tattered old dress stuffed above the waist with straw, and a tin bucket with some 'eyes' painted on it that had a hole in it so it wasn't very good as a bucket anymore. Perhaps that was why the raccoons chose it, it would LOOK like something they had built rather than something fancy like the scarecrow they'd stolen so they could get their costume. The Scarecrow came down with a rattle of the bucket and the three brothers heaved it over their heads and headed up and over the hobbit hole rather than going back the way they came. They would go about the long way.

Fortunately for them Penelope was quite busy with her kettle which had begun whistling so it would be another hour before she realized her scarecrow as sad as it had been had been pinched and made off with by a bunch of industrious raccoon siblings who sent Bob back for their costume. It was a good two hours later when they finally returned to the little gardening patch that they had been taking care of with their fantastic scarecrow. They saw that there were crows near by their plants and rushed towards them growling at them.

The crows thought the whole charade was hilarious but were quite frightened by the clanging bucket on the head of the raccoons new scarecrow and cawed angrily at them. Hob told them to flap off, that there were at least two gardens in the shire without scarecrows thanks to them that they could find a meal there. Now they just needed to figure out how to keep the scare crow upright, it was far easier ripping a scarecrow down as a raccoon than it was getting one put up. Hob and bob scratched at the dirt digging a little hole which was far to shallow and the scare crow fell over once again.

This went on for a good day before the raccoons finally got the hole deep enough the scarecrow stayed... mostly upright it was leaning at a good forty five degree angle OVER the radishes in a most menacing manner. More to the plants and the raccoons heads than the crows though.

Arien
Arien
RP PROMPT
A couple of scarecrows have been assembled: excellent work!

The birds fly off to a nearby tree... you can see them conferring.

Then they swoop down and attempt to ATTACK your scarecrows!
What do you do next?!

If you haven’t built a scarecrow yet you’re still welcome to assemble your bird scaring device! Otherwise, the war for the seeds has stepped up...

The weather remains SUNNY BUT COLD.

More green is poking through the soil..,

@Fuin Elda @Eamila Bolger @Dwimmerlaik
cave anserem

High Lord of Imladris
Three Raccoons in a Coat

Yes life was good the crows had been more or less dealt with as far as the raccoon were concerned and theyd gone and had a sit down, which honestly looked fairly comical as the poor 'hobbits' legs seemed to dislocate utterly from its hips and chest and it's chest was laying flat on the ground before they too laid flat. LIke a hobbit had decided to take a nap flat on their back in the middle of the garden. Aside from the shaking of the head. The one doll eye was sort of stuck and Reginald the third was trying to shake it free using a bit of violence when the first ting sounded as a crow hit the bucket that formed the head of the Three Raccoons scarecrow immediately all three were up which honestly made the 'hobbit' disguise look even worse before Reginald clamoured back up ontop of Hob and Bobs shoulders his stick arms flailing violently in the direction of the crows that had decided the raccoon were possibly easy targets because of their costume restraints. Again they swooped mocking the three brothers as they desperately tried to protect their meager crop of food.

"Get me lined up so they are swooping towards us." Reginald said and Hob and Bob were confused. They'd never heard anything so... Authorative? Authoritative? what was the word. Whatever the word was they'd never heard it from Reginald the Third of all raccoons and they looked at each other the crotch of the hobbit pants they were wearing getting slightly in the way of their sight line and did as asked they ran about their eyes peering out of the holes they'd chewed so they could see and lined Reginald up to the diving crows who thought the raccoons were afraid of them and continued to dive pinging the bucket until suddenly.

"DEATH!!!!!!!" And then in one great movement that was akin really to the rohirim charging the armies of Mordor outside of Gondor (though really the raccoons couldn't know that because they were raccoons and had no part in such things) Reginald burst forth from the shirt which collapsed back and away from him as he lept forward as a bird swooped down.

The crows eyes went wide, Hob and Bobs eyes went wide. Grips eyes went wide (and then he promptly buggered off because he'd already been beaten by a stick by these raccoons and he decided he wanted no part of this mess) as Reginald leapt through the air like a dwarven war king that simply was missing his battle ax. Instead he had teeth and claws and his aim was true and he caught the crow mid air and it cawwed it's last caw as he snapped it's neck and stood fluttering dead body in one hand snarling teeth and clawed little fist up in the other daring the crows to continue before he retreated with his prize to the shirt of the hobbit disguise.

Bob and Hob looked at each other again. They had no clue their brother could do that. they were slightly terrified and the glanced up at him as he sat on their shoulders gnawing on the dead crow, occassionally feather falling down on them or being spat out of the gaps between the buttons on the front of the shirt. It certainly made the crows think twice. Perhaps they should have listened to Hob and gone to the unguarded gardens.

"HEY you guys want some?" Reginald asked and being smart raccoons and not knowing when their plants would be edible they said yes.

High Lord of Imladris
Three raccoons bored and ready to cheat to win/eat

They finished off the bird in record time seeing as they had not eaten yet with the plants tanking F̶̛̗̆́̐́̑̄̾̈́͝O̵̮̿Ŗ̴̧̺̹̰͓̥̫̬͓͓̣̻̠͒͒̌̿̈̀̒͐͛̎͝Ë̸̠̣̖̲̼́̈́͐͋͐̄̀̈́V̶̱̖̰̳̬͔̱̘̘̱̯̳̪͐̈́́Ĕ̶͕͚̟͇͓̞̙͓̦͈̤̬̈́͗̒͠R̸̨̛̙̦͖̦͍͑̅̿̅̈̂̿̒̇͘ͅ.

None of them were overly happy about this and decided it would be a most appropriate time to seeing as this was a contest possibly go eat their neighbours crops since they wanted to win (not being stupid and not being above cheating in order to win) the headed towards Tobias @Eamila Bolger little plot first under the guise of wanting to 'look' at the plants. People did that right? Look at each others gardens and comment on them. How the brothers were going to comment on the plants was a bit beyond them but they were gonna try to snatch some tasty food if they thought they could. They made it there and tried very very hard to look like a hobbit inspecting the new plants... Reginald even managed to tip the doll head forwards without the hat falling off (which would have been very very creep)