Provide Your Head to Sauron {Mordor Picture Thread}

"Going to Mordor!" Cried Pippin. "I hope it won’t come to that!"
Easterling
Show your face in the Land of Shadow, if you dare.

For a twist - post a picture of around the time you joined plaza along with a more recent picture, so we can see how the trials of the dark lands have aged you.

Black Númenórean
Oh man, well, I joined the plaza before facebook was a thing, so short of calling my mom and having her scan a physical photo, here's my first profile photo, from 2007 (I joined 15 April 2004).

And here's some recent selfies!

Pre-show at last summer's renfair

Post-haircut

Found a great sticker on my last 20+ mile run

I posted some sweet fighting action shots in the Behind The Beards thread before this one existed, but it feels spammy to share them here too. So go over there and look!
Last edited by Moriel on Sun May 17, 2020 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Evil is a lifestyle | she/her

Master Torturer
Don't have a pic on my comp of me 17 years ago, so you will have to settle for WD on WD!

New Soul
Hey minions. Since I feel, at heart, that part of me will always be an evil mischief maker, I have come to visit.
@Moriel You look so young! XD
@Winddancer That is a boss tattoo. I've been itching for a new one.

Okay, I joined in 2007... I found a photo from 2009 on my FB. I think there may be an older one, but I wasn't able to load back far enough.

I think I had let my little sister and her friend do my hair and... "make-up"? :smiley9:

And the following, from last October when I sang at a cabaret and performed Jack's Lament and the Queen of the Night. Because who doesn't want to be the King and Queen of Halloween? I figured it was fitting for here.

I've grown up into an excellent ginger enby demon creature :twisted:
they/he/mischief

Khazad Elder
Posted this in Fangorn but figured I’d share here cause I post a lot here too.

Picture of me a few years after joining the plaza. Still in my active stage, around 17-18 years old.

Here is a picture of me in my quarantine prison.

Elven Enchanter
Figured I could post here as I do have a minion RP character currently trampling around in Imladris.

From a few months after joining the plaza. Taken during some sort of mom and daughters event - whoever won the game got to wear the costume.

From a few weeks ago, when I finally found TP again in the stores after about a month.
Artanis / Éomund / Brandor / Zarâm

Snaga
Is your quarantine prison under a bed, Oro?

I have that same toilet paper, Dim.

Khazad Elder
@Uruva it's a bunk bed. 5 people in a small room. 3 bunk beds in the corners. Haha.

Snaga
Oh right. The military life.

This is me in high school, would be about a year after I joined the Plaza. I must have been 17ish. I used to straighten my hair multiple times a week. Image

This is me in early March of this year after running the Los Angeles Marathon with an injured hip. I don't recommend running injured. I'm 30 now.
Image It got warm and I ended up wearing my track jacket like a skirt for 20 miles.

Snaga
@Moriel I actually remember that first pic you posted more than your name!! Did you ever go by another name in Mordor? Obviously I remember faces better than names!!
@Winddancer that is a seriously dope tattoo. I remember seeing it when you posted in on fb and was super in awe of it. Great tattoo artist you must have had

So I actually found a picture from my time as Sauron in Mordor (I think I was about 19 then). The tiara was sent to me by Idesinholde

And this is the most recent selfie I posted online and was taken some months back when I just had my hair done, just before I turned 34 :shock: . Wanted to just take one now but couldn't be arsed to then get it from phone to pic, to imgur, to boards (i'm a very lazy minion, and also probably for the best considering the quarantine pounds :P )
~ η β π ~

Black Númenórean
@Landy Haha that's great! I was originally LadyPolgara (in my brief stint in Gondor when I first joined), then Polgara Andúnë, then Moriel Andúnë. I think would definitely have been either the second or third around the time that pic was taken.

Also, your eyes are outrageous. That's a fantastic pic!

Snaga
@Moriel Aww thanks :D and yesss I remember you as LadyPolgara, when you just came to Mordor I think! You haven't changed too much but you definitely look like a fierce warrior queen now, definitely based on the pics you showed in behind the beards!
~ η β π ~

Black Númenórean
@Landy Aww thank you!! That's basically the vibe I strive for in my life at all times :smiley16: Wow, I'm impressed that you remember me under that name! I either changed it when I switched to Mordor or right after, but I definitely ventured in here under that name before I switched too. I definitely remember hanging around some of the same threads as you :smiley8:

Balrog
All records of my physical existence ten years ago has been destroyed but here's one that recent and fairly accurate to my current persona, all that's missing is my blue hair

Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Master Torturer
Thanks @Landy and @Mor Toast :D I hope to make it a full sleeve with some Mordor scenes at some point and some fell beasts :D
Oh my actual pic is in KD if anyone is curious enough, though those pics are on FB too.

Easterling
@Oro I was going to ask the same thing Uruva did and ask if your prison was under a mattress :smiley9: You should probably stay there. It's more dangerous in Mordor than it is under your bed. Hiding from Sauron?

@Landy No joke, but I think you actually look younger in your most recent pictures. And your eyes are always to die for. Killin' me. I'd better figure out how to kill you first.

@Frost I do believe I have a faint memory of you from yonder years :smiley8: But only faint. Probably not worth trying to remember too hard. You're giving me a headache.

@Mor Toast You rock your hair cut. I loved seeing that when you first revealed that style! The 'makeup' job by your sister, though... you should sue. Although, on second thought, that black eye does suit you.

@Uruva I feel like you have't changed much either. I do like the curls though! Surprised you didn't lose your hair from all that straightening. Or from pulling your hair out because of me. Or me pulling your hair out, for that matter.

@Dimcairien Luiniel Finding toilet paper is ALMOST like finding the One Ring. Find that and you will truly feel accomplished. Until then, any treasure like yours can just be flushed down the toilet.

@Moriel Your renfair activities look so fun! Love your hair color too. It bleeds red like Sauron's eye.

@Winddancer That is a sweet tattoo. I understand you would prefer that than to show your mug. :smiley20:

Balrog
@Nessila That's basically why I exist, I give people headaches. Also, in my defense, nothing that happened was my fault, it was all (insert name as needed) that talked me into it and I was an impressionable lad back in the day.
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Master Torturer
@Nessila Thanks! I did show my mug, just not here lol :P My pic is in the KD thread (as they had a thread up first and didnt want to spam it :P)

New Soul
@Nessila Thank you! Feels much more me than long blonde hair ever did. Haha yes. I think it suits me, too. XD
they/he/mischief

Elven Enchanter
@Nessila I did refer to it as "the precious" when I announced my discovery.
Artanis / Éomund / Brandor / Zarâm

Black Númenórean
@Mor Toast Your daemon look is stellar. So is your gravity defying hair. Pls post Crowley pics.
@Dimcairien Luiniel An appropriate trophy for the times :smiley16:
@Uruva Well done finishing on an injured hip!! That happened to me during my first ultra and it was no fun at all. Do you run a lot? I mean obviously enough to train for a marathon :smiley16:
@Frost I didn't know it was possible to make hair go in that many directions. I'm so jealous of you people who have hair that can do stuff like that. You and Toasty should have a competition!
@Nessila Thank you! That might be my favorite thing someone's ever said about my hair :smiley9:

Some good stuff just showed up on my facebook memories. All from ren fair, because it's that time of year.

My most recent non-pirate, non-fight costume. I didn't make the dress but I did make the hat, which is named Camilla after Camilla the Chicken. The first year Green Court mandated everyone wear a hat we also started a trend of naming our hats, and naming them after characters from the Muppet Show.

Literally leaping into battle. The original idea was for my to launch myself in a Wolverine jump (coincidentally the peak furthest right in the photo is called Wolverine) off the raised stage behind me (out of frame), but then the stage ended up being two feet further away from the fight board than the previous year. So.. powering off the ramp it was.

Laughing at the misfortune of others

My character was definitely not supposed to be on the throne.

The following photos aren't mine but a friend of a friend took these pictures of a baby FRICKIN moose the other day and you all need to see them. It's calving season here, so they're everywhere.

Easterling
that baby moose is just the most cute thing ever!!!!!! *Squee* let's tacklehuggleglomps it to death and watch it diiiiiiiiieeee.

I went to my first RenFair last year and it was the coolest thing ever!!! I wanted to buy a perood costume so bad but man they were expensive. Plus I was expecting and didn't want to spend the money on a dress I didn't know would fit me.ha. that's so cool you do that, @Moriel

New Soul
@Moriel Yes. Good. Here is a Crowley pic, as requested.

@Nessila That's why I perform as a peasant. Much cheaper. Plus I like rolling in dirt and being a Fool. I'll see if I can dig a pic out.
they/he/mischief

Balrog
@Moriel I call it the "What a Bear Looks Like Coming Out of Hibernation" look, normally my hair is blue but the pandemic has stolen my signature hairdo.
@Mor Toast I had to do a double take. I registered both pictures at the same time and thought yours was simply taken with a better camera. Love the Crowley look!

Chef
Ooh these are fun to see! This first one was taken around June 2003, about six months after I joined. I was 16.

This is the most recent decent-ish picture of me, taken about a year ago. I'm 33 now.

I chopped my hair short again during quarantine and I don't have any good pictures of it, but it looks more or less the same as this picture from 2014-ish. So this is more how I look now. Just envision me slightly more aged by the ravages of time. :smiley8:

they/them/actual hobbit in search of a merrier world

Chef
@Moriel I had no idea you were LadyPolgara! I remember that name.

@Mor Toast Your Crowley look is AMAZING!
they/them/actual hobbit in search of a merrier world

Istari Savant
@Oro - I just want to confirm: You do dress up like Sean Astin for Halloween parties, yes?
What, she killed them with mathematics. What else could it have been? - Jayne Cobb

New Soul
@Mor Toast That Crowley picture is fabulous!

@Moriel Always love seeing your fight show snaps - they are wonderfully dramatic.

I joined old plaza in 2010 - can't find one from 2010 but this is me in 2011:

And me shortly before lockdown, in stage combat mode:

She/her. Almarëa - Rivendell / Jaena - Lone Lands (T.A.) and Gondor (F.A.) / Layna - Mordor

New Soul
@Frosty the Snowman, @Menolly, @Almarëa Mordollwen -- Thanks! It was what I was going for when I changed my hair last year, and it seemed to work well.

Alma Heck yes stage combat mode! Were you filming for something? Because that hardcore looks like an epic poster for some kind of spy film.
they/he/mischief

New Soul
@Mor Toast No, it wasn't filming for anything in particular. Just a TFP photoshoot with a local photographer! (And while I know nothing about modelling, I do know a little bit about stage combat :smiley9: so most of the best shots from that day ended up being action poses.)
Last edited by Almarëa Mordollwen on Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
She/her. Almarëa - Rivendell / Jaena - Lone Lands (T.A.) and Gondor (F.A.) / Layna - Mordor

New Soul
Almarëa Mordollwen wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:26 am (And while I know nothing about modelling, I do know a little bit about stage combat
#bigmood
they/he/mischief

Sage of Khazad-dûm

Nessila & Me (at Idesinholde's wedding)
Family Stealtharm | Sil's #1 Property | Knowledge of a woman, pride of a dwarf | Khazâd ai-mênu!

Snaga
I was 15 in 2005, and now 30 in 2020

Also how did I know how to upload pictures when I was 15 but can't figure it out now that I'm 30. Time has not smiled favorably on me. Only took a dozen tries but I think I have it now :smiley16:
Last edited by Volgavia on Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:36 pm, edited 11 times in total.

Black Númenórean
@Volgavia

[img ]direct url to image[/ img]

Without spaces :smiley8:

Istari Savant
Went to a mildly prohibition themed restaurant the other night, thought with the crime connection it'd fit in well here.

Don't have a photo from my earlier days handy, but I'll do some digging for a comparison.

Also, @Volgavia , I don't get it, it's the same picture.

Edit: Not sure why this isn't showing on my iPad. It showed on my phone. :/
Last edited by Túrin on Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What, she killed them with mathematics. What else could it have been? - Jayne Cobb

Master Torturer
@Túrin Don't tease Volgavia! :P Also, been digging through the archives these past couple of days and you did post in the picture thread way back: http://web.archive.org/web/200711240746 ... TID=221408
Blue suits you :P
And here: http://web.archive.org/web/201002021032 ... TID=236553

Stablehand of The Mark
@Landy - I've been such an influence in your life; always there to bring the glitter and pink :smiley15:
@Queen Nerwen - The best day EVER! For me anyways :smiley8:
@Menolly - I LOVE the blue hair!
@Moriel EEK that baby moose is adorable! You on the other hand look fierce! You've been doing REN fair's for a while right? I believe I remember seeing pictures of you all dressed up years ago too.

Gosh its so nice to see all these faces that I recognize; and some that I don't. It's crazy to think how many years have passed since most of us joined and how we've aged. (Like fine wine!) I'm too lazy to hunt up pictures today and honestly I'm not sure if I have any digitally from when I was 17/18 years old and joined the plaza.
Minion at heart; but the horsie icons are too cute!

Snaga
Seems Elk has not aged at all :smiley16:
And ooooo @Volgavia you've barely aged either. Look how handsome and gigantic (the img size :p) you look!!!

Don't worry Laila, I got your back when it comes to old pics!! :smiley17:

Here's me and Idesinholde, drunk as skunks when she moved to the UK :D

~ η β π ~

Stablehand of The Mark
Oh my gosh Landy! Think we were 20 years old in that picture, and as the picture clearly shows very drunk. :smiley9: :smiley9:

Snaga
@Túrin and @Landy :smiley9: I was such a child at 15!! (but thanks!! :smiley17: )

Here is a picture from 2009. Lots of minions and plaza folk!

Chef
sorry I'm late - nice to see you all :smiley24:

Found this while hard drive spelunking tonight: file creation date = september 2004, I'm sure it was for one of these threads

tonight's update: same angle, better lighting, worse eyebrows

Master Torturer
I remember that pic @Narv !
And why are all the minions so good looking? Wth..

Stablehand of The Mark
Volgavia and Narv you both look great! :smiley17:

I don't know if anyone of you remember Morgoth/Moggy? He was a minion, and Sauron for a bit before he left the plaza. We were always good friends, and became even better friends while ruling together for a bit. Eventually after around 2 years of friendship those feelings changed a bit, and we decided to meet up. This was in early 2008.. now were 12 years and a bit later, and still going strong. I wonder how many people met their partner/ spouse on the plaza? I can think of a few at the top of my head!

Anyway here is a picture from our wedding; yes i figured out how to do this. :smiley9:

Black Númenórean
I remember Moggy, Ides! Another wonderful plaza romance to add to the chronicles! :smiley17:

Narv, you've got that pose nailed. Also, the brows totally work with the scruff and general benevolent-minion-creator-god aesthetic you've got going on :smiley15:

A wild Moriel in her natural habitat:

And turned so you can see the ridge I was actually on!

Sage of Khazad-dûm
@Volgavia - I'll do the honours shall I haha? L-R that is @Allafyrefleorhtlig , has Sam joined us yet?, then you, @Sil, me, and @Nessila
Family Stealtharm | Sil's #1 Property | Knowledge of a woman, pride of a dwarf | Khazâd ai-mênu!

Balrog
I’m not nearly as good looking as @Moriel after a run but there is a chance I’m hotter (mountains in the background are the Organ Mountains)

Master Torturer
Better fit to run across Mordor then @Bïfrøst :P
Ooooo mountains. I love mountains.
Idesinholde wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:32 am I don't know if anyone of you remember Morgoth/Moggy? He was a minion, and Sauron for a bit before he left the plaza. We were always good friends, and became even better friends while ruling together for a bit. Eventually after around 2 years of friendship those feelings changed a bit, and we decided to meet up. This was in early 2008.. now were 12 years and a bit later, and still going strong. I wonder how many people met their partner/ spouse on the plaza?
Me! :D

And lovely story <3

Thain of The Mark
Volgavia wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:37 pm Here is a picture from 2009. Lots of minions and plaza folk!

Ooh, @Queen Nerwen is right, it’s me!!! I’m the leftmost on this one! Wow, you found a picture where I wasn’t being strangled or being used as a cushion 😂
Pæthfindian of the Eastmark
Forged in fire, shaped by shadow
She/her.

Ent High Elder
I like that @Narv has his keyboard on his bed so he can rock out at any time. Well played, sir.
Fangorn Forever

New Soul
This felt fitting, since um, skeletons and also Fools.

My friend painted me this adorable Yorick for my birthday last year. It's my favourite.

they/he/mischief