The Ringwraith Review

"Going to Mordor!" Cried Pippin. "I hope it won’t come to that!"
Chief Counsellor of Gondor
1. What TV series or movie (besides LOTR) could you happily watch any time?
This is very difficult to narrow down, because there are so many. I'm going to choose based on the criteria of "if I catch it on TV I'm always going to watch it." That narrows it down, but still difficult to choose between The Goonies and The Princess Bride. I think The Princess Bride takes it.

2. If you could only pick one weapon to take into the zombie apocalypse, what would it be?
Oh my, I'll probably be zombie food if I'm expected to combat zombies. I don't want anything that requires ammunition because I'd eventually run out of it. Although the question doesn't specify that it has to be a "real" weapon, so an imperial storm trooper blaster would be perfect. I suppose that would be cheating :grin: ...so it'll have to be my smith and wesson 9 mm. Light, durable, easy to use. Won't take their head off but that's overkill.

3. What's one thing you really want to do before the end of this year?
A vacation anywhere outside of my state.
A Loquacious Loreman.
he/him
Tis the season of Sean Bean prequel shows

Istari Steward
1. What TV series or movie (besides LOTR) could you happily watch any time? 12 Angry Men, Scott Pilgrim Vs. the World, (some seasons of) Archer
2. If you could only pick one weapon to take into the zombie apocalypse, what would it be? I'm not sure, but something that can 1) destroy from a distance and 2) doesn't use ammo.
3. What's one thing you really want to do before the end of this year? This summer I really want to take some detailed literature notes for better lesson planning for the upcoming school year. I can do a bit during the school year but it's tough. I also would like to start essay writing regularly, in some form.

High Lord of Imladris
1. What TV series or movie (besides LOTR) could you happily watch any time? Battlestar Galactica (it's honestly my go to when I'm prepping for stock for conventions) also that intro by McCreary is to die for.
2. If you could only pick one weapon to take into the zombie apocalypse, what would it be? Kukri yes it's close range but incredibly versatile and stupid sharp, also the bend helps with pulling it if it gets stuck in hard surfaces I've found.
3. What's one thing you really want to do before the end of this year? I want to get the prologue of my graphic novel done and started on the first chapter if at all possible but that is slipping away so far sadly (Also I want to finish at least two of my fursuits that have been on hold for almost 5 years because I've been too busy to sew and sculpt them)

Istari Savant
1. What TV series or movie (besides LOTR) could you happily watch any time? Hit 90's sitcom Dinosaurs.
2. If you could only pick one weapon to take into the zombie apocalypse, what would it be? Poleaxe. Stabby at distance. Slashing at distance. No ammo for unfortunate poignant lack for dying. If anything gets too close you're screwed anyhow. My zombie apocalypse is heavily troped.
3. What's one thing you really want to do before the end of this year? [sanitized for content]

Fea
1. What TV series or movie (besides LOTR) could you happily watch any time? Taskmaster
2. If you could only pick one weapon to take into the zombie apocalypse, what would it be? Something I could carry, so maybe a crowbar or something. Also crowbar could be useful to open doors and stuff. Not that I have any idea how to use one to do that. But you know, theoretically.
3. What's one thing you really want to do before the end of this year? Run a half-marathon! And I've officially got a spot now on the London one in August. Nervous excitement all round.

Balrog
1. So what madness are we gonna recreate now?
2. After reposting all stuff I have, which character should get the first "new" post?
3. Did you miss me?
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

New Soul
1. So what madness are we gonna recreate now? Well, we haven't invaded a kingdom for quite a while ...
2. After reposting all stuff I have, which character should get the first "new" post? Whichever one you used, it's hard to keep up with that many awesome characters. :nod:
3. Did you miss me? *peers at the dagger in the wall* Looks like it, but let me work on my aim, and we can try again.

Elven Enchanter
1. So what madness are we gonna recreate now? There's current madness about to start in the cooking competition.
2. After reposting all stuff I have, which character should get the first "new" post? You have too many brilliant characters to keep track of, but keeping with the theme of madness, whichever one will cause the most chaos.
3. Did you miss me? Naturally.

New Soul
1. So what madness are we gonna recreate now? Halloween apparently :tongue:
2. After reposting all stuff I have, which character should get the first "new" post? Phlegm Fleegsdottir!!! (bold and red colour added for extra emphasis :grin: )
3. Did you miss me? Yessss we did precioussssss!
She/her.
Solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant

High Warden of Tower
1. So what madness are we gonna recreate now? I thought there was a plenty of it already? :tongue:

2. After reposting all stuff I have, which character should get the first "new" post? List all of them and then decide with a dice roll!

3. Did you miss me? Have you even been gone? Maybe if you didn't post for a day...

1. So what madness are we gonna recreate now? Summer is almost over...I need a good water balloon fight.
2. After reposting all stuff I have, which character should get the first "new" post? It is said "go not to Boro for RP advice, for he has no clue."
3. Did you miss me? I missed everything.
A Loquacious Loreman.
he/him

High Lord of Imladris
1. So what madness are we gonna recreate now? As much of it as possible I should think.
2. After reposting all stuff I have, which character should get the first "new" post? Yoshiyo. I want to see more CoS being written I can admit it.
3. Did you miss me? As much as you missed me :lol:

Balrog
@Zôraphêl, you're the newest* member, you're up next!

1. So what madness are we gonna recreate now? weird bull shire, apparently
2. After reposting all stuff I have, which character should get the first "new" post? I don't remember what it was now, so shut up
3. Did you miss me? nobody misses you, go away and hide under a bushel of murder hornets
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

New Soul
1. What are your hopes (or concerns :headshake:) for the new LotR TV series?
2. Which fictional movie/book character would you most like to meet?
3. What song did you last sing along to?

Balrog
1. What are your hopes (or concerns :headshake:) for the new LotR TV series? I'm ambivalently hopeful, not sure what to expect or be concern with at this point
2. Which fictional movie/book character would you most like to meet? Kvothe from the Kingkiller Chronicles so I can punch him
3. What song did you last sing along to? Zeal & Ardor - Erase

High Warden of Tower
1. What are your hopes (or concerns :headshake:) for the new LotR TV series? For some reason not overly concerned. Ehehehe...

2. Which fictional movie/book character would you most like to meet? Faramir!

3. What song did you last sing along to?
Hmmm... Don't really remember - I often hum something along.

New Soul
1. What are your hopes (or concerns :headshake:) for the new LotR TV series? - As odd as this might sound I'm trying to not follow the news about it because I want to watch the series without preconceptions. So since I'm not thinking about it I don't have any particular hopes or concerns, I'll see what we get when we get it.
2. Which fictional movie/book character would you most like to meet? - Ummmm I have a list :lol: Fatma el-Sha’arawi is on the list, that's all I'm saying :tongue:
3. What song did you last sing along to? - Whichever Måneskin song they played on the radio last.
She/her.
Solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant

Khazad Elder
1. What are your hopes (or concerns :headshake:) for the new LotR TV series? I am not much of a series-watching person. They can not do anything worse than omitting Glorfindel from The Fellowship Of The Ring and replacing him with Arwen, in my opinion. I have my books. :smile:
2. Which fictional movie/book character would you most like to meet? Zorro. Preferably in Los Angeles, California, during the early 19th century when the area was still under Spanish rule; in his escondite secreto. :grin:
3. What song did you last sing along to? Diamonds and Rust by Joan Baez

High Lord of Imladris
1. What are your hopes (or concerns :headshake:) for the new LotR TV series? ELVES OF COLOUR... ALSO LGBTIA+ inclusivity. (these are hopes) Concern is that they are going to have EVERY speaking POC playing a bad guy.
2. Which fictional movie/book character would you most like to meet? Feanor I'm not sure if I want to meet him to learn smithing or to punch him.... I feel he wouldn't teach me so I would have to rearrange his face with a stoker.
3. What song did you last sing along to? Plotline by Emlyn

Knight of The Mark
1. What are your hopes (or concerns) for the new LotR TV series? I haven't thought about it a lot and I don't have any. I try to not get my hopes up.
2. Which fictional movie/book character would you most like to meet? Snoopy! (He became a movie character when he got his own movie, right? :grin: )
3. What song did you last sing along to? Truth About You by Mitchell Tenpenny

1. What are your hopes (or concerns :headshake:) for the new LotR TV series? I go back and forth all the time. :shrug: I hope the show runners are creative and passionate as Peter Jackson's team when they made the LOTR movies. My concern is with this much money put into the series they will produce something generic and watered down for mass consumption.
2. Which fictional movie/book character would you most like to meet? Hmm...Scottie from Star Trek TOS. For that matter I wish I could have met James Doohan.
3. What song did you last sing along to? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbKNICg-REA...classic 80s music video production ust need a wind machine and someone with a great voice. :lol:
A Loquacious Loreman.
he/him

Knight of The Mark
*steals questions* :rasp: :lol:

1. I'm going Halloween carolling on Sunday. Are you coming with me?
2. What songs am I (or we, if you're coming along) singing?
3a. Are you celebrating Halloween this year?
3b. How much are you decorating?
4. Trick or Treat?
Rohirrim at heart, always.

New Soul
ha...and why not!
1. I'm going Halloween carolling on Sunday. Are you coming with me? no
2. What songs am I (or we, if you're coming along) singing? all those scary ones, I hope
3a. Are you celebrating Halloween this year? nope.... or at least watching scary movies and eating tons of unhealthy things, if that counts
3b. How much are you decorating? I am decorating my garden for the kids, who come by, like every year. And they'll come.
4. Trick or Treat? treat all the way

1. I'm going Halloween carolling on Sunday. Are you coming with me? You bet.
2. What songs am I (or we, if you're coming along) singing? Ghostbusters, Monster Mash, and Werewolves of London
3a. Are you celebrating Halloween this year? If celebrate means going out in a costume, no plans to celebrate. But I do dislike department stores and such skipping Halloween and Thanksgiving and going right to Christmas. This is one of the best times of the year, and folks want to rush right to Christmas.
3b. How much are you decorating? I live in a duplex, not even sure what the HOA regulations are on decorations. I leave that up to my neighbor and let her put up/plant whatever she wants on my side. :lol:
4. Trick or Treat? Treat. Always a treat. Reese's cups, please.
A Loquacious Loreman.
he/him

Khazad Elder
1. I'm going Halloween carolling on Sunday. Are you coming with me? For sure!
2. What songs am I (or we, if you're coming along) singing? Oh, I got a heavy list!
1. Werewolves of London (I am with Dracula on this one) by Warren Zevon
2. This Is Halloween The Nightmare Before Christmas
3. Beetlejuice - Day-o (Banana Boat Song)
4. Put A Spell On You by CCR
5. Season Of The Witch by Donovan
6. I'm A Werewolf Baby by The Tragically Hip
7. Thriller by Michael Jackson
8. Time Warp by The Rocky Horror Picture Show
9. Black Widow by Alice Cooper
10. Bite Of Finger/Sleeping Village/Warning by Black Sabbath

3a. Are you celebrating Halloween this year? I did dress up every year but hadn't in the last few (Covid and other reasons). I always don my online Witch Photo for the occasion. :grin: Again, I am with Drac on how Halloween gets rushed. I would have it last right through November.

3b. How much are you decorating? Again, with Drac. I haven't decorated in years. I used to love decorating extravagantly and not so. :smile:

4. Trick or Treat? Trick! I have sat on the stoop many a time in costume, in silent patience, waiting for those trick or treaters to walk up the path. It's always a gas! Mind you; I never frightened the little ones.
The world was fair in Durin's Day

Knight of The Mark
Seeing as halloween is over it may be time for some new questions. The new ones are all yours @Drifa. :smooch:

High Lord of Imladris
Before Drifas questions come in.

1. I'm going Halloween carolling on Sunday. Are you coming with me? No am a bit late for that lol
2. What songs am I (or we, if you're coming along) singing? This is Halloween
3a. Are you celebrating Halloween this year? Not really I ended up working at a Comic Con as a tattoo artist vendor...I made bank so that's good but it also means I didn't get to do a lot of things I normally would have
3b. How much are you decorating? Not a lot. Just my year round decorations as I wasn't at home.
4. Trick or Treat? Treat. Preferably full sized snickers. LOL

Khazad Elder
Thanks, Rior!

1. You are suddenly transported into a novel. Which novel would it be?
2. You are the last leaf on the tree. What are your feelings?
3. Who was most likely to have slaughtered the pig's in The Lord Of The Rings? Hobbits, Men, Orcs?

High Lord of Imladris
1.You are suddenly transported into a novel. Which novel would it be? The Hobbit. Least chance of death in Middle-earth and most likely to die before the big battles of the Lord of the Rings.
2. You are the last leaf on the tree. What are your feelings? Well bugger.
3. Who was most likely to have slaughtered the pig's in The Lord Of The Rings? Hobbits, Men, Orcs? All of them? Pigs are tasty. I don't think orcs would waste a perfectly good pig as they like meat. And hobbits and men most certainly wouldn't.

Khazad Elder
Let me add to question 3 for clarification.

3. Who was most likely to have slaughtered the pig's in The Lord Of The Rings? Hobbits, Men, Orcs? I mean, who made the bacon? :grin:

High Lord of Imladris
For question 3 answer clarification:

Men while orcsthey existed first out of those three races and I don't see why they wouldn't eat pigs when it was just elves about to kill I don't see them taking the time to cure and slice and make bacon. Men... they were around before hobbits so out of those men. Personally I think the Valar would have come up with bacon Yavanna knew what she was doing and that's some nectar of the gods level food.

1. You are suddenly transported into a novel. Which novel would it be? Jurassic Park, because dinosaurs and I would at least be smart enough to stick close to Dr. Grant/not ignore his expertise to feel like I'd make it safely out of a park disaster.
2. You are the last leaf on the tree. What are your feelings? Watch 0:22-0:37...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0Mtlklmna0
3. Who was most likely to have slaughtered the pig's in The Lord Of The Rings? Hobbits, Men, Orcs? I'd wager all of them. Also, dwarves, probably heavily influence by Billy Connolly talking about enjoying bacon sarnies and playing Dain in The Hobbit.
A Loquacious Loreman.
he/him

High Warden of Tower
1. You are suddenly transported into a novel. Which novel would it be? LOTR! Yes, yessss...
2. You are the last leaf on the tree. What are your feelings? Yay, I win! The strongest leaf out there.
3. Who was most likely to have slaughtered the pig's in The Lord Of The Rings? Hobbits, Men, Orcs? Not sure Hobbits would like killings pigs... Maybe Men in that case.

New Soul
1. You are suddenly transported into a novel. Which novel would it be? Harry Potter. I have a thing for magick!
2. You are the last leaf on the tree. What are your feelings? Woohoo, wait for me, guys!
3. Who was most likely to have slaughtered the pig's in The Lord Of The Rings? Hobbits, Men, Orcs? em...are there any vegans in ME?

Master Torturer
1. You are suddenly transported into a novel. Which novel would it be? Mistborn! Omg I so want to be able to swallow a metal and do something <3
2. You are the last leaf on the tree. What are your feelings? Finally..
3. Who was most likely to have slaughtered the pig's in The Lord Of The Rings? Hobbits, Men, Orcs? Whoever wanted a bacon sarnie?

Khazad Elder
Thanks for the responses! Hobbits had bacon and pork pies, so I would assume they butchered the pigs themselves or travelled to Bree where the Big Folk lived to obtain it. Dwarves usually traded for food, so I read. :nod:

@Winddancer your up. I have never heard of the novel Mistborn nor the other books in the series. I will check it out. 👍

Master Torturer
OMG Drifa! Get to it! You will love it <3

Ack.. questions, umm..

How many times have you moved in your life?
If you could live anywhere in the world (no money or restrictions) where would it be?
How many jobs have you had in your life?

High Warden of Tower
How many times have you moved in your life? Let me see... 6 or something.

If you could live anywhere in the world (no money or restrictions) where would it be? Wouldn't move from Latvia, if I could help it. I rather like my lake view.

How many jobs have you had in your life? 2 - or 3, if volunteer work counts.

Knight of The Mark
How many times have you moved in your life?
3 times so far but I forsee moving again sometime in the future. At least once but when remains to be seen.

If you could live anywhere in the world (no money or restrictions) where would it be?
Any place that doesn't get snow in winter. I hate icy winters and I've had enough of those for several lifetimes.

How many jobs have you had in your life?
4 but I'm currently looking for a new job.

How many times have you moved in your life? 5 different homes/apartments. If only counting moving to different cities 3.
If you could live anywhere in the world (no money or restrictions) where would it be? San Antonio, TX, visited on vacation and loved it. Most of the time it's a relatively quiet, easy-going city, and only livens up during Fiesta, which also happens to be in the middle of my birthday. I'm definitely ok with that.
How many jobs have you had in your life? 8...I think. I'm feeling this current one will be the one I have for a while. :smile:
A Loquacious Loreman.
he/him

Khazad Elder
How many times have you moved in your life? Many times. Why I have moved so many times, my welcome mat now reads: Welcome For Now.
If you could live anywhere in the world (no money or restrictions), where would it be? Some cozy house near Pele's, with a view of the lake.
How many jobs have you had in your life? 5, and one was for 17 years. I was semi-retired for those 17 years. I worked seasonally. I am now back to an 8 hour 5 day week. It will be my last job.

Ent Ancient
How many times have you moved in your life? 16 that I can remember...
If you could live anywhere in the world (no money or restrictions) where would it be? an off-the-grid cabin in the woods in New Zealand
How many jobs have you had in your life? 21, again that I can remember :googly:

Master Torturer
How many times have you moved in your life? About 11 times, might be one or two more when I was a baby
If you could live anywhere in the world (no money or restrictions) where would it be? I would move around to quiet, calm and beautiful places with good internet and 22 degrees celcius all the time
How many jobs have you had in your life? I lost count as I went to several different retirement homes back when I was a healthcare assistant, but I think its between 15-20. Just started my newest one on Nov 1st! :P

And floor is open to the first one to post some questions! As I have no clue who hasnt had a chance..

High Lord of Imladris
How many times have you moved in your life? 3 times (there is only one more move planned and that'll be in 15-20 is years?)
If you could live anywhere in the world (no money or restrictions) where would it be? Near San Sebastián del Oeste , MAYBE at the HAcienda Jalisco if I can afford it, but probably not but near there
How many jobs have you had in your life? If we include the major jobs where I've worked for my parents as child labour? 14. 10 other wise while counting individual shops I've worked at tattooing

High Warden of Tower
Fine... It's been a wee while, so will come up with some sort of questions.

1. What would a circus in Mordor include?
2. What sort of socks would Sauron wear?
3. What do you usually do to relax?

Khazad Elder
1. What would a circus in Mordor include? Oliphaunt, the monstrous elephants. What is a circus without an elephant, hm?
2. What sort of socks would Sauron wear? I seem to picture him, for some reason, with white athletic knee-highs.
3. What do you usually do to relax? Lately, I have played Scrabble. But a walk usually makes all worries and any pain go away.

Elder of Imladris
1. What would a circus in Mordor include? Sommersaults over lava.
2. What sort of socks would Sauron wear? Chainmail socks.
3. What do you usually do to relax? Sommersaults over lava in my chainmail socks.
“Someone else always has to carry on the story.”

Balrog
1. What would a circus in Mordor include? violent Cirque du Soliel and Grand Guignol
2. What sort of socks would Sauron wear? I only wear Balega... I mean, he only wears Balega
3. What do you usually do to relax? attempt half marathons

Master Torturer
1. What would a circus in Mordor include? Sword swallowing, of course using innocent victims..
2. What sort of socks would Sauron wear? Well, seeing as he is basically incorporeal.. I guess something sheer
3. What do you usually do to relax? Not much really, I plop in my chair with blankets and tea (I hate being cold!)

High Lord of Imladris
1. What would a circus in Mordor include? Cavetroll Clowns. Possibly less terrifying than normal clowns.
2. What sort of socks would Sauron wear? Probably those nasty black mid calf ones that dads wear (or use to wear) in the 90's regardless of the sort of shoe they were wearing. (including sandals)
3. What do you usually do to relax? Depends on the day. Some days it's video games, other days it's cleaning my house, others its working on art projects... Though if it's physical relaxation as a Canadian... weed induced naps are the bomb diggity.