The Ringwraith Review

"Going to Mordor!" Cried Pippin. "I hope it won’t come to that!"
Arien
Arien

1. Would you rather fight 3 duck sized Narvs, or one Narv sized duck?
2. Tell me about a book you’ve read or show you watched since you were last on Plaza
3. What is one of your favourite Old Plaza memories?

Melkor
Melkor
1. I would rather fight one Narv sized duck. Cause if it weighs more than me, then that means I'm a witch according to Python.
2. The Sopranos. Currently in Season Five, and it has corrupted me. Whenever I hear "Son of Gondor!" I will always remember that Sopranos episode... Oh, and I'm swear I'm not racketeering any revenue on this site. Honest.
3. When I ran a parody stage rendition of the movie version of The Hobbit as an RP in Imladris, hiding a hidden Foo invasion that would occur when certain parameters were met.

Master Torturer
1. Would you rather fight 3 duck sized Narvs, or one Narv sized duck? Duck-sized Narvs would be too adorable to fight in any quantity, so I would lose to them by default. Gonna have to take my chances with the Narv-sized duck.
2. Tell me about a book you’ve read or show you watched since you were last on Plaza I still read more nonfiction than fiction--and much of the latter is fanfic--but the last novel I read is Conversations with Friends by Sally Rooney. A friend recommended it since I'm very slowly trying to expand my horizons by reading more lit fic. I enjoyed it; I like stories with age-difference relationships and nuanced depictions of mental health problems, and this book has both in spades. :V
3. What is one of your favourite Old Plaza memories? Cheating, since it isn't a single memory, but the whole experience of being part of a Plaza family (Dagda-Dunami represent) was a joy. I made so many great friends through that and it played a part in many other facets of my Plaza experience. If I have to pick just one moment, I'll go with my initial adoption by Nia Dunami.
Last edited by Eldy Dunami on Thu May 14, 2020 4:02 am, edited 3 times in total.

Esquire of The Mark
1. Are you kidding? Ducks are too close to geese for me, and those are terrifying. I'll take the 3 tiny Narvs any day!
2. Oof. A lot of things. I got really into Game of Thrones for a minute, and like everyone else in the world was left phenomenally disappointed by the last season and Martin writing the final book at the pace of molasses.
3. Training to be a Rider in the old Riddermark forums! 13 year old me loved it.

Elven Enchanter
So we're going back to these types of games?

1. Would you rather fight 3 duck sized Narvs, or one Narv sized duck? Uh, depends on what types of Narvs there are. I recall quite a few, not all of them of the numeric variety.
2. Tell me about a book you’ve read or show you watched since you were last on Plaza I've recently gotten into Outlander. I've watched the first three seasons (all that's available on Netflix) and am nearly done with the second book.
3. What is one of your favourite Old Plaza memories? I think one of my favorite plaza memories is simply playing in the world of Middle Earth. I wasn't the most active RPGer, but I certainly enjoyed reading the adventures that occured. That and the fact that we could discuss every conceivable topic of lore from Tom Bombadil to Middle Earth bathroom qualities.

New Soul
1. Would you rather fight 3 duck sized Narvs, or one Narv sized duck? A Narv-sized duck would make a pretty good dinner, so that.
2. Tell me about a book you’ve read or show you watched since you were last on Plaza. Too many textbooks. I've only been able to read for fun this past month and I'm reading all the Witcher books. And watching Korean dramas on Netflix.
3. What is one of your favourite Old Plaza memories? Reading. I didn't post as much as I read, and I remember times when I'd read certain posts in Lore or RP threads and just be amazed at how great the writing is. How we all had access to the same English words but the way other people put them together was so magical. I loved it.

Snaga
1. Would you rather fight 3 duck sized Narvs, or one Narv sized duck? Are we talking about the human behind the Narv account or the cave troll character Narv? Huge difference in size.
2. Tell me about a book you’ve read or show you watched since you were last on Plaza. I read A Song of Ice of Fire after a decade of deliberately not reading it. I watched a lot of Star Trek, specifically Deep Space 9 which was new to me.
3. What is one of your favourite Old Plaza memories? Throwing your rulerversary party.

Scavenger
1. Would you rather fight 3 duck sized Narvs, or one Narv sized duck? I don't want to fight duck anythings! Geese, however.....are another matter entirely 😅
2. Tell me about a book you’ve read or show you watched since you were last on Plaza. The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss. It's the first book in the Kingkiller Chronicle trilogy. The third book is yet to be released. I've read it and the 2nd book, Wise Man's Fear, a couple of times. It is one of my absolute favorites!
3. What is one of your favourite Old Plaza memories? There are so many! But one that comes to mind is I was an SCR for Mordor in December one year. Probably in 06 or 07. It was the only time I ever made SCR and I was over the moon that I got it.

Black Númenórean
Thank Morgoth, we would never have survived without the RR

1. Would you rather fight 3 duck sized Narvs, or one Narv sized duck? One Narv sized duck, I have a poleaxe
2. Tell me about a book you’ve read or show you watched since you were last on Plaza I'm currently watching The West Wing for the first time and it's pretty great watching Aaron Sorkin become Aaron Sorkin
3. What is one of your favourite Old Plaza memories? There are SO MANY but writing in and winning Naith's last Silver Arrow contest in MT is up there

Chef
1. Would you rather fight 3 duck sized Narvs, or one Narv sized duck? I've had to wrangle many real duck sized ducks and I'm going to go with three duck sized Narvs for sure.
2. Tell me about a book you’ve read or show you watched since you were last on Plaza I read Wanderers by Chuck Wendig late last year and really enjoyed it. Sort of like Stephen King's The Stand but updated for a new millennium; it's fiction but has lots of interesting current social commentary. I can't in good conscience recommend it to anyone else in the middle of a real live pandemic though.
3. What is one of your favourite Old Plaza memories? The year the Shire was Buffy the Vampire Slayer themed for Halloween was pretty great.

Dúnadan
3 duck size Narvs
2. Tell me about a book you’ve read or show you watched since you were last on Plaza
Well, I just finished Anne Bishop's latest book in the Black Jewels series, and I'm currently reading every book by Agatha Christie in the order she wrote them.
Just one? How am I supposed to pick just one?

Warrior of Imladris
1. Would you rather fight 3 duck sized Narvs, or one Narv sized duck? One Narv-sized duck. As Mazana said, it would make one hell of a feast.
2. Tell me about a book you’ve read or show you watched since you were last on Plaza. Not sure how they slipped past my notice, but I discovered those two fan-made LotR films on Youtube and watched them. I really enjoyed 'The Hunt For Gollum'.
3. What is one of your favourite Old Plaza memories? RP-ing in a Rohan thread, having an all-out screaming match with a friend who was threatening to kill me. Good times.

Snaga
1. Would you rather fight 3 duck sized Narvs, or one Narv sized duck? Is a Narv sized duck much bigger than an actual duck though?
2. Tell me about a book you’ve read or show you watched since you were last on Plaza. I barely have time to read stuff I want to read, but I have started reading Bundu by Chris Barnard as I'm teaching it after the summer holidays. It's about some dude out in the wilderness in Zimbabwe, and it takes place during a drought.
3. What is one of your favourite Old Plaza memories? Constantly kicking pesky non Mordorians out of the throne room, particularly that Nessila :p

New Soul
1. Would you rather fight 3 duck sized Narvs, or one Narv sized duck? One Narv sized duck. Easier to keep track of.
2. Tell me about a book you’ve read or show you watched since you were last on Plaza. Just read all the Witcher books. They're pretty good. I liked the Netflix show, but I think the books were better. I usually end up saying that about most shows vs books though lol. I'm not a gamer, but feel like I should be since I've heard so many good things about the storyline.
3. What is one of your favourite Old Plaza memories? When we all nerded out when one of the Star Wars movies came out (Episode II maybe?) and we all had Star Wars names for a while. I was Gwai-Gon Jinn. Gotta love some of the Halloweens too!

Storyteller
1. Would you rather fight 3 duck sized Narvs, or one Narv sized duck? I feel like one Narv sized duck would be less crafty, so that.
2. Tell me about a book you’ve read or show you watched since you were last on Plaza. The last series I finished was season 2 of After Life (Netflix, from Ricky Gervais). Loved every second of it.
3. What is one of your favourite Old Plaza memories? Being Thranduil and ruling over Wilderland with at varying times Dincairwen, Beliowen and Aisil - all my partners in crime.

Snaga

I'm thinking a single large duck would be easier than three, so let's go with that
2. Tell me about a book you’ve read or show you watched since you were last on Plaza I got into Doctor Who for a while, I love the Witcher world as well. And anime, omg all the anime over the past few years
3. What is one of your favourite Old Plaza memories? I think probably the war campaign that Mordor and Rohan did together. You know you're role-playing well when people start complaining about you
😂

Healer of Imladris
1. Would you rather fight 3 duck sized Narvs, or one Narv sized duck? Is this a bad time to mention that I would love some roast duck for dinner right about now...?
2. Tell me about a book you’ve read or show you watched since you were last on Plaza. I read Katherine Arden's Winternight trilogy almost a year ago and am still thinking about it. On a Tolkien note, I don't thing I read Roverandom until the P.P.E. (Post Plaza Era) and that was a treat.
3. What is one of your favourite Old Plaza memories? Having people to endlessly discuss the First Age/Silmarillion with...s...I just took a dive into the archives in the middle of typing this and wow. The Bookworm Celebration! IK Racing! Halloween! :shock: :D

Wainrider
1. Would you rather fight 3 duck sized Narvs, or one Narv sized duck? Neither. Give me Duck Narv 3 Sizeds.
2. Tell me about a book you’ve read or show you watched since you were last on Plaza The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss! First engrossing fantasy novel I've read since Lord of the Rings.
3. What is one of your favourite Old Plaza memories? Hanging out in the Pub in Mordor, as a Dark Elf, just being generally angsty.

Snaga
1. Would you rather fight 3 duck sized Narvs, or one Narv sized duck? Duck sized narvs. No need to be fighting fowl
2. Tell me about a book you’ve read or show you watched since you were last on Plaza. Like Gex up there, all the anime. Fullmetal Alchemist is a definite favorite, and currently trying to get into Bleach.
3. What is one of your favourite Old Plaza memories? Planning the choose-your-own-adventure styled RP game Will To Live. That thread was an absolute blast, and satisfied some sadist pleasures :lol:

New Soul
1. Gimme 3 Narv sized ducks.
2. BOOK.
3. That time I tried to make my character die at least once in every thread I visited. Also that season we killed it in debating and lifted Mordor into second-last place.

Newborn of Lothlorien
1. Three duck-sized Narvs. I’m a smol bean, must be strategic when sizing up the opponent.
2. Last year I went on an Ursula Le Guin binge and read everything (to my knowledge, she’s so prolific) except The Word for World is Forest because I was (am) still very mad at James Cameron and couldn’t put myself through reading the actual story when I knew it was so badly ripped off (er, /end accidental rant). I did love everything however. I really really love her.
3. My terrible attempts at RPing. Bless Sil, Chilly, and the rest of ‘em for trying with me.

Arien
Arien
Reikon Suchi-ru wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 2:22 pm 1. Would you rather fight 3 duck sized Narvs, or one Narv sized duck? Neither. Give me Duck Narv 3 Sizeds.
hahaha, questions to Reikon, but feel free to keep answering mine too

Wainrider
The power is miiiiine!

1. How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if he was stuck in Windy's torture chamber?
2. What's the most lasting impact the Plaza has had on you in the years since its (initial) closure?
3. Which of Sil's immense number of positive qualities do you remember the most?

Éowyn
Éowyn
1. Would you rather fight 3 duck sized Narvs, or one Narv sized duck? One Narv-sized duck. Pretty sure.
2. Tell me about a book you’ve read or show you watched since you were last on Plaza I could really recommend The Poppy War! It's fantasy, the main character is a bad-ass young woman and she goes to a military academy and gets involved in a war. Checks all my basics.
3. What is one of your favourite Old Plaza memories? Wow. Me writing "hospitable" as "hospital" was pretty good. "Cupple" instead of "couple" was neat, too. Though I think I would actually have to go for the Hyandaner pranks in the barracks, when we had the Houses. That - was - epic - fun!

Arien
Arien
1. How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if he was stuck in Windy's torture chamber?
He would chuck no wood. Winddy would deprive him of wood. Of his very purpose. Of his very self. He would not have the strength left to chuck even a marshmallow.
2. What's the most lasting impact the Plaza has had on you in the years since its (initial) closure? All the people I’m still in touch with. Also, genuinely, it taught me some people skills.
3. Which of Sil's immense number of positive qualities do you remember the most? Man, I used to have such good hair! I miss all that hair.

Wainrider
Sil wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 8:17 pm 3. Which of Sil's immense number of positive qualities do you remember the most? Man, I used to have such good hair! I miss all that hair.
Oh man there was so much of it too! Are you saying it's all gone?! :o

Snaga
1. How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if he was stuck in Windy's torture chamber? What even is a woodchuck? it is like a beaver?
2. What's the most lasting impact the Plaza has had on you in the years since its (initial) closure? I guess my best friend Laila. Idesinholde?? I couldn't remember her plaza name earlier and it just came to me!!
3. Which of Sil's immense number of positive qualities do you remember the most? she was a good cat

Snaga
1. How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if he was stuck in Windy's torture chamber? As much as Windy demanded.
2. What's the most lasting impact the Plaza has had on you in the years since its (initial) closure? I'm still friends in RL with the people I met here back in 2002.
3. Which of Sil's immense number of positive qualities do you remember the most? That I didn't get squished the first time I mouthed off. It showed excellent power of patience in my humble opinion.

Black Númenórean
1. How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if he was stuck in Windy's torture chamber? None, he's chained up and probably screaming. Unless the torture is to split wood with his bare hands, in which case, all of it. All the wood.
2. What's the most lasting impact the Plaza has had on you in the years since its (initial) closure? The real treasure is the friends we made along the way
3. Which of Sil's immense number of positive qualities do you remember the most? Snark. But also she can spin up a decent length RP post faster than anybody else I know and that is a serious skill.

Snaga
1. How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if he was stuck in Windy's torture chamber? None, it would have killed itself out of terror of Windy’s torture devices.
2. What's the most lasting impact the Plaza has had on you in the years since its (initial) closure? A sense of community and what it’s suppose to feel like. But I wish I had been able to make more friendships. Maybe this time round I will.
3. Which of Sil's immense number of positive qualities do you remember the most? Honestly, I have terrible memory and can’t really pin point anything. I just know I have a deep set feeling of fear. Lol!

Esquire of The Mark
1. How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if he was stuck in Windy's torture chamber? None, Windy doesn't keep wood in there, it would have all ignited by now, there is only ash.
2. What's the most lasting impact the Plaza has had on you in the years since its (initial) closure? I am still friends in person, by internet and by pen-pal with so many people I met on the Plaza. Some people are just passing acquaintances, some have no doubt forgotten me by now, and some I am still in regular contact with and feel like I am part of their lives. Some of those I still intend to travel to see some day when our lives allow it.
3. Which of Sil's immense number of positive qualities do you remember the most? Sass, if that's the right word. Always a witty comeback. Also terrifying.

Master Torturer
1. Would you rather fight 3 duck sized Narvs, or one Narv sized duck? One does not fight the Narv
2. Tell me about a book you’ve read or show you watched since you were last on Plaza. The Grey Bastards by Jonathan French, SoA meets D&D :P
3. What is one of your favourite Old Plaza memories? Weeeell, there are many, but still love the rp I had with Naith in the Pits, duh! :P

1. How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if he was stuck in Windy's torture chamber? Well none, but might use it to ravage someone, you know, like with rats..
2. What's the most lasting impact the Plaza has had on you in the years since its (initial) closure? Well, I didn't get to finish my torture session, did I!?
3. Which of Sil's immense number of positive qualities do you remember the most? Obviously them all, one does not forget any of them

Easterling

1. How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if he was stuck in Windy's torture chamber? depends on if the torture chamber is made of wood or metal
2. What's the most lasting impact the Plaza has had on you in the years since its (initial) closure? to love and be loved in return
3. Which of Sil's immense number of positive qualities do you remember the most? eh? She had positive qualities?

Khazad Elder
Reikon Suchi-ru wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 5:01 pm The power is miiiiine!

2. What's the most lasting impact the Plaza has had on you in the years since its (initial) closure?
3. Which of Sil's immense number of positive qualities do you remember the most?
1. He would chuck no wood because he would be too busy being tortured. Not dead, just in that place between life and death.
2. I gained so much knowledge of how to talk to people and socialize. I learned how to deal with emotions and different issues people had. I also learned about many different cultures and types of people out there.
3. I remember her being sarcastic and sassy. So I’d say her mouth.

New Soul
1. How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if he was stuck in Windy's torture chamber? Depends if Windy wanted the woodchuck to chuck wood...or suffer horribly and die.
2. What's the most lasting impact the Plaza has had on you in the years since its (initial) closure? The people I met. The things they introduced me to. I'd be a different person if I never met them.
3. Which of Sil's immense number of positive qualities do you remember the most? Sass and consistent quality posts!

Sage of Khazad-dûm
1. How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if he was stuck in Windy's torture chamber? . None. Fangorn doesn't exist yet
2. What's the most lasting impact the Plaza has had on you in the years since its (initial) closure? My friends *insert vom emoticon here*
3. Which of Sil's immense number of positive qualities do you remember the most? Who's Sil?

Storyteller
1. How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if he was stuck in Windy's torture chamber? Seven
2. What's the most lasting impact the Plaza has had on you in the years since its (initial) closure? The friendships and the memories I have with those friends.
3. Which of Sil's immense number of positive qualities do you remember the most? Her name

Wainrider
Sil wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 3:45 am
Since this is the only way I could think to tag you - and since my memory fails me - would you be the one to pick the next set of questions or would I? I don't remember how the progression goes. :smiley9:

And in the interest of contributing actual content:

1. How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if he was stuck in Windy's torture chamber? The wood is a lie. The woodchuck is a lie. There is only PAIN.
2. What's the most lasting impact the Plaza has had on you in the years since its (initial) closure? Being comfortable and confident being a nerd! It was something I struggled with when I was younger, and I think popular culture has made a hard pivot to embracing nerddom, but my life has been much more happy for it.
3. Which of Sil's immense number of positive qualities do you remember the most? The tremendous and beautiful artwork she created of course!

Arien
Arien
Reikon Suchi-ru wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 1:20 pm

Since this is the only way I could think to tag you - and since my memory fails me - would you be the one to pick the next set of questions or would I? I don't remember how the progression goes. :smiley9:
You

Wainrider
Fantastic, I thought as much! In that case, Questions to (semi)Living Legend Minion, Windy!

Master Torturer
Oh yay, making questions.. um..

1. How many times have you changed your plaza name?
2. If you could spend one day with any one famous person, who would it be and why? (living or dead)
3. Did you in your wildest dreams imagine that Narv of all people would be the saviour of the Plaza?

Khazad Elder
Winddancer wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 3:34 pm Oh yay, making questions.. um..

2. If you could spend one day with any one famous person, who would it be and why? (living or dead)
3. Did you in your wildest dreams imagine that Narv of all people would be the saviour of the Plaza?
1. 3? Oro, Hirgond (Shadowed Lands), and Helm (Rohan)
2. Nikolai Tesla or Alexander Hamilton. One of the most brilliant electrical minds of our age or a great economist and politician. Either would be amazing.
3. Yes. I had full faith in the troll trolling us the whole time and actually saving instead of ruining. Either that or Narv hacked the plaza in the first place in order to save it later....hmmm.

Wainrider
1. How many times have you changed your plaza name? Hmm. Probably 6-12 times, but never for very long, and only for jokes/Plazaween.
2. If you could spend one day with any one famous person, who would it be and why? (living or dead). That's an easy one! JRR Tolkien.
3. Did you in your wildest dreams imagine that Narv of all people would be the saviour of the Plaza? Only in my nightmares!

Sage of Khazad-dûm
1. How many times have you changed your plaza name? Three officially - Nerwen Meneldur, Ellisiva Ylva, Queen Nerwen. But there was also the PhotoJENic stage, and the Damp von Lipwig stage.
2. If you could spend one day with any one famous person, who would it be and why? (living or dead) Ian McKellan
3. Did you in your wildest dreams imagine that Narv of all people would be the saviour of the Plaza? Never you mind about my wildest dreams

New Soul
1. How many times have you changed your plaza name? Mazana was the original one. Then, Serkemirie, a GoT name I don't remember (something Targaryen?), and Zairazruari. 4-ish times, I guess.
2. If you could spend one day with any one famous person, who would it be and why? Cate Blanchett! I love her and it was her birthday recently!
3. Did you in your wildest dreams imagine that Narv of all people would be the saviour of the Plaza? I've never dreamt of Narv but I will say that I'm glad he's the savior if Plaza in RL instead of just dreams.

New Soul
1. How many times have you changed your plaza name? Just the once. Loke Dogwearer was a tough sell.
2. If you could spend one day with any one famous person, who would it be and why? (living or dead) I'd spend the day with Beyonce because she still owes me ten bucks and I don't think I'm getting it back without some kind of ruse up my sleeve.
3. Did you in your wildest dreams imagine that Narv of all people would be the saviour of the Plaza? That remains to be seen.

Snaga
Winddancer wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 3:34 pm Oh yay, making questions.. um..

1. This time of the former plaza? If it was the former plaza I changed twice, three if you count changing it back to the original name.
2. J.R.R. Tolkien of course! I would love to talk linguistics with him and ask how he imagined the wonders of Middle Earth.
3. Nope I thought the plaza was doomed to Mount Doom and would never return.

Master Torturer
1. How many times have you changed your plaza name? Literally dozens. I stopped keeping track around 25, which I reached after less than two years of being truly active. Most of those were for jokes and name change trends.
2. If you could spend one day with any one famous person, who would it be and why? (living or dead) Tolkien is the obvious pick, though it might be less awkward if I picked someone I'd be less star-struck in front of.
3. Did you in your wildest dreams imagine that Narv of all people would be the saviour of the Plaza? I was resigned to the Plaza being gone for good, but I'm delighted Narv was the one to get the ball rolling. I've come to value a more laid-back approach to forum moderation than the OG Plaza sometimes had (this is as much a reflection on my own tenure as Movies Mod as anything else) and I think Narv embodies that well.

Black Númenórean
1. How many times have you changed your plaza name? LadyPolgara, Polgara Andúnë, Moriel Andúnë, Keoilne (anyone else remember Ask About Climoncha?), Moriel Andúnë, Moriel, Tavari Mordagnir, Robert Baratheon, Tavari Mordagnir, Moriel. I think that's it...so 10.
2. If you could spend one day with any one famous person, who would it be and why? (living or dead) First person that comes to mind is Jackie Chan. As a baby stuntie, he's an idol and just seems like a really nice guy. Slightly more obscure, Walpurgis from MS I.33
3. Did you in your wildest dreams imagine that Narv of all people would be the saviour of the Plaza? Never, but I feel like there's a prophecy somewhere that should have told us this would happen

Esquire of The Mark
1. How many times have you changed your plaza name? Um, I started as Starbreeze, changed to Fairy Nuff, changed to something else briefly to jump on some kind of bandwagon, and then back to Fairy Nuff, so three if you count the changing back. I was always worried that some newbie would sign up and use my name and I wouldn't be able to change it back, so I was very wary of changing.
2. If you could spend one day with any one famous person, who would it be and why? (living or dead) David Attenborough - he must have some absolutely amazing stories to tell from his travels and all his experiences with wildlife.
3. Did you in your wildest dreams imagine that Narv of all people would be the saviour of the Plaza? Never!