The Ringwraith Review

"Going to Mordor!" Cried Pippin. "I hope it won’t come to that!"
Ent Ancient
You are all amazing and it is as hard to pick one of you as it is to pick a species to bring back...but I've got to go with @Elenhir not only for the mammoth answer but also for wanting people-eating-trees. I could maybe get on board with that.

1. If you could bring one species back from extinction, what would it be and why? I have to be really selfish and pick the Haast's Eagle because the idea of giant eagles is amazing. I guess I'd also want to bring back the moa so they have something to eat. But I also considered the thylacine! so hard to choose.
2. What is one item/object/thing from Middle-earth that you wish existed in the real world? Would love to see a forest of mallorn trees...
3. Have you ever been to midnight book/movie/something release? What was it? If not, would you like to? Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince midnight book release (then stayed up all night reading), Harry Potter & the Deathy Hallows 2 movie and the last Pirates of the Caribbean (highly disappointing).

Arien
Arien
@Elenhir has assigned to me the not-so-sacred duty of posting his questions for him, as he is Too Drunk. I reproduce them faithfully below. All guaranteed Genuine Elenhir material.

Ok, first question. Liver A leaves Station 1 going 390 mike's per hour. station 2 leaves lover 2 at 29 km/h. why?

Questions 2: what's up with this stuff?

Question 3° when the Amazon series comes out, should we transuyto the second she. Why or why not?
cave anserem

Istari Savant
That's a good job, duck.

Master Torturer
I vote Elenhir is barred from making questions when drunk. And that Balrogs have wings.

Chef
Ok, first question. Liver A leaves Station 1 going 390 mike's per hour. station 2 leaves lover 2 at 29 km/h. why? For a stein full of liquor, obviously.
Questions 2: what's up with this stuff? The kahlua stuff, the strawberry stuff, or the bourbon stuff?
Question 3° when the Amazon series comes out, should we transuyto the second she. Why or why not? Why not, we should definitely transuyto the first she, but not the second.
they/them/actual hobbit in search of a merrier world

Esquire of The Mark
Ok, first question. Liver A leaves Station 1 going 390 mike's per hour. station 2 leaves lover 2 at 29 km/h. why? First of wall we start he with the supposition that liver a can go 390 mikes per hour, without knowin how fast a mike is. is it a mile? it is a mikes hard lemonade? and if so how fast can is mikes hard lemonade go in an hour. the quesiton itself is flawed and thus your honor I must declare a mistrail.

Questions 2: what's up with this stuff? YEAH whats up with this stuff its always in my pockets and my food and my blankets and it permeates everyt fiber of my existence. dang dog and nis hairs.

Question 3° when the Amazon series comes out, should we transuyto the second she. Why or why not? i support anyones decision to rolepkay the second age. i for one would love to play celmbrimors dumb ass getting swindled and crookidized by sauron in his sexy elf form, ya feel me?

Balrog
Ok, first question. Liver A leaves Station 1 going 390 mike's per hour. station 2 leaves lover 2 at 29 km/h. why? The liver doesn't love her and Mike 1 and Mike 2 are leaving livers with leaver to lift the love of life and light

Questions 2: what's up with this stuff? oh fredegar off

Question 3° when the Amazon series comes out, should we transuyto the second she. Why or why not? ¿Me estás pidiendo que te traduzca? ¿O quieres que traduzca para "Ella"? Y en cuanto a por qué, dime tú.
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

New Soul
Ok, first question. Liver A leaves Station 1 going 390 mike's per hour. station 2 leaves lover 2 at 29 km/h. why? - To answer your question I have to ask how much is this in new money? :lol:

Questions 2: what's up with this stuff? - Up is down and down is up. :grin:

Question 3° when the Amazon series comes out, should we transuyto the second she. Why or why not? - Sure, why not. For the lolz of course :grin:
She/her.
Solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant

Ent Ancient
:rofl: I feel slightly responsible for this since I picked Elenhir. I am NOT sorry!

Ok, first question. Liver A leaves Station 1 going 390 mike's per hour. station 2 leaves lover 2 at 29 km/h. why? Because "Things will go as they will, and there is no need to hurry to meet them."

Questions 2: what's up with this stuff? I'd like to know what is NOT up with this stuff or possibly what is down for this stuff? (could not come up with a quote for this one, fail)

Question 3° when the Amazon series comes out, should we transuyto the second she. Why or why not? "Go not to the Elves for counsel for they will answer both no and yes."

Loremaster of the Herd
Ok, first question. Liver A leaves Station 1 going 390 mike's per hour. station 2 leaves lover 2 at 29 km/h. why? To give Liver A a false sense of security, of course.

Questions 2: what's up with this stuff? That way when Liver A slows down toward the end of the race to take a nap, the tortoise can pass it by.

Question 3° when the Amazon series comes out, should we transuyto the second she. Why or why not? I choose "Why"
In the deeps of Time, amidst the Innumerable Stars

Esquire of The Mark
I absolute love how this new round of questions came about. Easily one of my favorite Plaza memories now. :grin:

Black Númenórean
Ok, first question. Liver A leaves Station 1 going 390 mike's per hour. station 2 leaves lover 2 at 29 km/h. why? Mike's as in "Mike's hard lemonade"?

Questions 2: what's up with this stuff? So much. So much is up with so much stuff.

Question 3° when the Amazon series comes out, should we transuyto the second she. Why or why not? Maybe; because.
she/her | Esta tierra no es mía, soy de la nocheósfera.

Istari Savant
I am now sober enough to choose the next questioner, and it is @Androthelm, because I was again not sober when I first read those answers and for some reason, now lost, I liked them at that time.

Loremaster of the Herd
Glorious! Ok.

What is your second least favorite book series / franchise / movies etc? Not the worst... But close.

If you could introduce any one historical figure to any other historical figure, who to who? Why?

Should I look into my flickering ceiling light or should I just hope it fixes itself / replace the bulb?

Istari Steward
Elenhir wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:31 am That's a good job, duck.
Dunno what I did to deserve this but thanks.

Ok, first question. Liver A leaves Station 1 going 390 mike's per hour. station 2 leaves lover 2 at 29 km/h. why? There are zero three's in Liver A's speed, so lover two has to degrade down to the next number, which is two. There's an invisible (or as some say, imaginary) one after the 29 in station 2's speed.

Questions 2: what's up with this stuff? What you were drinking? Dunno, was it good, or just cheap?

Question 3° when the Amazon series comes out, should we transuyto the second she. Why or why not? Too much work imo, I can barely finish this post.

Esquire of The Mark
What is your second least favorite book series / franchise / movies etc? Not the worst... But close. Hmm. I strongly dislike the Percy Jackson movies. They're not my least favorite, so yeah, I think I'll go with that answer.

If you could introduce any one historical figure to any other historical figure, who to who? Why? Oh I always struggle with these. At this moment? Cassius Clay to Cassius Clay. I think a conversation between those two would be fascinating.

Should I look into my flickering ceiling light or should I just hope it fixes itself / replace the bulb? I think you should let your light be whatever it is that the good Lord of the Lightbulbs wants it to be.

High Warden of Tower
1. What is your second least favorite book series / franchise / movies etc? Not the worst... But close.

Err... Any sort of soap operas. Awfully long and awfully boring.

2. If you could introduce any one historical figure to any other historical figure, who to who? Why?

How do I even know? Emperor Nero to Mother Theresa? *shrug* Well, might be interesting.

3. Should I look into my flickering ceiling light or should I just hope it fixes itself / replace the bulb?

If you want a disco party, let it be. If not, better fix it. :wink:

Master Torturer
What is your second least favorite book series / franchise / movies etc? Not the worst... But close. The Hobbit movies. (The Twilight movies are worse)

If you could introduce any one historical figure to any other historical figure, who to who? Why? Don't know if you could classify Stephen Hawking as a historical figure just yet, but would be neat if he and Einstein got together for a chat :P

Should I look into my flickering ceiling light or should I just hope it fixes itself / replace the bulb? It wont fix itself, you need to change the bulb

Istari Steward
Oh whoops, didn't even see the other set of questions, wow.

What is your second least favorite book series / franchise / movies etc? Not the worst... But close. Not sure I have a solid ranking of least favorite things, I don't normally think about that, but Eragon has to be close to that spot.

If you could introduce any one historical figure to any other historical figure, who to who? Why? Aquinas and Aristotle, I think they'd actually understand one another even if nobody else can.

Should I look into my flickering ceiling light or should I just hope it fixes itself / replace the bulb? Look into the light, yes. Literally.

Balrog
What is your second least favorite book series / franchise / movies etc? Not the worst... But close. Second least favorite? hmmm, I'd have to say Underworld, despite Kate Beckinsale

If you could introduce any one historical figure to any other historical figure, who to who? Why? Heraclites and Fredrich Nietzsche, because I like the potential for chaos

Should I look into my flickering ceiling light or should I just hope it fixes itself / replace the bulb? I think you already know the answer to this question
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Loremaster of the Herd
I'm going to give this one to @Ta'leus Shieldsong, both for the faith in the Great Big Lightbulb In The Sky and for the image of a Cassius^2 meetup.

Esquire of The Mark
Aw yay! Alright, new set up of questions for you good folks.

What food or meal brings you more comfort than any other?

You're sent back in time to Middle Ages Europe, circa the year 1000, with all of your current knowledge and skills. You're magically able to speak the language of whatever land you go to. What do you dedicate your life to doing?

Pistachio ice cream, the worst thing ever created or the worst thing that will ever exist in this or any reality in the omniverse?

New Soul
What food or meal brings you more comfort than any other? - Hmmm this is a tricky one. I like food in general and I have a variety of comfort foods depending on the situation... Wiener schnitzel I suppose since my mum would always make that when I returned home from a trip.

You're sent back in time to Middle Ages Europe, circa the year 1000, with all of your current knowledge and skills. You're magically able to speak the language of whatever land you go to. What do you dedicate your life to doing? - Oh! Oh! I would like to say I would be a scribe in the Byzantine court of Kōnstantinos VIII Porphyrogénnetos, however, since I'm a woman I'd probably be a scribe for his wife Helena. Write her biography, because so little is known about her.

Pistachio ice cream, the worst thing ever created or the worst thing that will ever exist in this or any reality in the omniverse - Both is good :lol:
She/her.

Master Torturer
What food or meal brings you more comfort than any other? I'm prone to eat my sorrows/stress and such, so any food I like will do lol

You're sent back in time to Middle Ages Europe, circa the year 1000, with all of your current knowledge and skills. You're magically able to speak the language of whatever land you go to. What do you dedicate your life to doing? Surviving :P I am a creature of modern comforts, I wouldnt even survive a camping trip lol. I need my TP!

Pistachio ice cream, the worst thing ever created or the worst thing that will ever exist in this or any reality in the omniverse?
Worst! Best is of course mint chocolate chip, duh.

Khazad Elder
What food or meal brings you more comfort than any other? I like toast. When I am tired and anxious, toast always makes me feel warm and relaxed.

You're sent back in time to Middle Ages Europe, circa the year 1000, with all of your current knowledge and skills. You're magically able to speak the language of whatever land you go to. I would be the one over the fire using the hot stone to make flat breads.

Pistachio ice cream, the worst thing ever created or the worst thing that will ever exist in this or any reality in the omniverse? Hmm, I do not mind Pistachio ice cream. Chili fries are more likely to be the worst in any verse...
The world was fair in Durin's Day

Ent Ancient
What food or meal brings you more comfort than any other? My inner child loves a good grilled cheese sandwich, fries and a chocolate milk or milkshake.

You're sent back in time to Middle Ages Europe, circa the year 1000, with all of your current knowledge and skills. You're magically able to speak the language of whatever land you go to. What do you dedicate your life to doing? uhhh let's not kid ourselves, I have very few practical skills. I'm a fast typer so maybe I could be some kind of scribe. I'd prefer something academic, but as a woman, realistically I'd probably end up a wife/mother.

Pistachio ice cream, the worst thing ever created or the worst thing that will ever exist in this or any reality in the omniverse? no I neither love nor hate pistachio ice cream. the worst ice cream is vanilla. so boring!

Orc Chieftain
What food or meal brings you more comfort than any other? Anything chocolate, even though I'm lactose intolerant, but I eat it anyway, although I might end up paying for it if I eat too much of it (I don't think I'll ever give up chocolate. Food intolerances be darned) :grin:

You're sent back in time to Middle Ages Europe, circa the year 1000, with all of your current knowledge and skills. You're magically able to speak the language of whatever land you go to. What do you dedicate your life to doing? Teach them more about volcanoes and their dangers. I would have to explain that volcanic eruptions aren't the result of whatever god they believe in being angry at them for whatever reason, just a natural occuring event that has been happening for thousands of years (and will continue to happen until the end of time).

Pistachio ice cream, the worst thing ever created or the worst thing that will ever exist in this or any reality in the omniverse? I wouldn't know, since I've never tried Pistachio flavored ice cream (it would have to be lactose free, or else I might be spending the night in the restroom. depending on how much of it was consumed).
He who commands the Ruling Ring... commands all

Loremaster of the Herd
What food or meal brings you more comfort than any other? Grits. Grew up eating them, love to make them still. Good old home food.

You're sent back in time to Middle Ages Europe, circa the year 1000, with all of your current knowledge and skills. You're magically able to speak the language of whatever land you go to. What do you dedicate your life to doing? Probably some kind of monastic or scholarly life? I mean... isn't that always the goal? :lol:

Can't stand it. Absolutely hate it. But my mom likes it? So make what you will of that.

Knight of The Mark
What food or meal brings you more comfort than any other? Candy.

You're sent back in time to Middle Ages Europe, circa the year 1000, with all of your current knowledge and skills. You're magically able to speak the language of whatever land you go to. What do you dedicate your life to doing? Being dead? Either that or a baker.

Pistachio ice cream, the worst thing ever created or the worst thing that will ever exist in this or any reality in the omniverse? I've never tried it actually but I'm a picky eater and pistachio ice cream doesn't seem like something I'd like.
Rohirrim at heart, always.

Black Númenórean
What food or meal brings you more comfort than any other? Depends on the situation: ddeokboki, ramen, chocolate chip cookies, and panang curry are top of the list

You're sent back in time to Middle Ages Europe, circa the year 1000, with all of your current knowledge and skills. You're magically able to speak the language of whatever land you go to. What do you dedicate your life to doing? Probably teaching folks about the scientific method

Pistachio ice cream, the worst thing ever created or the worst thing that will ever exist in this or any reality in the omniverse? I love pistachio gelato, so I decline to choose from among the options presented
she/her | Esta tierra no es mía, soy de la nocheósfera.

High Warden of Tower
What food or meal brings you more comfort than any other?

Dark chocolate (at least 70%)!

You're sent back in time to Middle Ages Europe, circa the year 1000, with all of your current knowledge and skills. You're magically able to speak the language of whatever land you go to. What do you dedicate your life to doing?

Haha... try to make living by translating peace treaties?

I have nothing against pistachio ice cream as I haven't eaten one...

Balrog
What food or meal brings you more comfort than any other? Tortellini, and when I cook it, I normally eat a dozen or so while they're still uncooked

You're sent back in time to Middle Ages Europe, circa the year 1000, with all of your current knowledge and skills. You're magically able to speak the language of whatever land you go to. What do you dedicate your life to doing? Being a professional hermit in some German woods

Pistachio ice cream, the worst thing ever created or the worst thing that will ever exist in this or any reality in the omniverse? Human consciousness is the worst thing ever to exist and all the things we create as a result of that cannot be as fully horrific because it is only a fragment of the madness, horror, and diabolism that humanity is.

Chef
What food or meal brings you more comfort than any other? Buttermilk biscuits hot out of the oven, slathered with butter or cheese.

You're sent back in time to Middle Ages Europe, circa the year 1000, with all of your current knowledge and skills. You're magically able to speak the language of whatever land you go to. What do you dedicate your life to doing? Immediately getting burned at the stake, most likely.

Pistachio ice cream, the worst thing ever created or the worst thing that will ever exist in this or any reality in the omniverse? Pistachio ice cream is good! There's no chocolate in it, though, so clearly there are better ice cream choices.

Esquire of The Mark
You know, I almost gave the new questions to you @Menolly, because your first two were great. But, your pistachio ice cream answer ruined it all. So I'll pass along the new set to @Lady Winchester because I really like the idea of someone trying to explain to ignorant Middle Age folk that volcanoes are not gods and seeing how that goes. Hahaha.

Orc Chieftain
That would be quite a challenge, wouldn't it? :lol:

Ok, let's see who comes up with the best answers for these (just have to remember to tag the person I pass it along to):

1. If you were stranded on a deserted island, which piece of modern technology do you wish you had with you?

2. Which character from Tolkien's world do you relate to the most?

3. If you could be an animal for a day, which would you choose and why?

High Lord of Imladris
1. If you were stranded on a deserted island, which piece of modern technology do you wish you had with you? Satellite Phone

2. Which character from Tolkien's world do you relate to the most? Pippin

3. If you could be an animal for a day, which would you choose and why? Domestic House cat (preferably a pampered one cause sleeping for 20 hours a day seems like the dream)

Balrog
1. If you were stranded on a deserted island, which piece of modern technology do you wish you had with you? probably something like an electric griddle or hotplate, boil the water to make it drinkable and all that

2. Which character from Tolkien's world do you relate to the most? Frodo, because we both have to scream at people that we're full on ace

3. If you could be an animal for a day, which would you choose and why? Bears, because bears are better than people and I love bears. Somedays all I want to do is sit in a stream and eat fish until I fall asleep

Istari Steward
1. If you were stranded on a deserted island, which piece of modern technology do you wish you had with you? Depends on the island probably, but either something to make water potable or something to help me cook. Tbh I'd probably just die, I'm not much of an outdoorsman.

2. Which character from Tolkien's world do you relate to the most? Gandalf because teaching at a K-12 school is a lot like herding dwarves and occasionally walking past tiny hobbits.

3. If you could be an animal for a day, which would you choose and why? There's an obvious answer here, but secondarily I would choose mongoose for speed and deadly prowess.

Chef
@Ta'leus Shieldsong :rasp: :rasp: :rasp:

1. If you were stranded on a deserted island, which piece of modern technology do you wish you had with you? I mean, define "modern." Glasses so I could see? But also a satellite phone.

2. Which character from Tolkien's world do you relate to the most? It changes every time I read the books. Often Sam. Sometimes Eowyn. Occasionally Beorn. When I'm feeling most comfortable and least adventurous, Fatty Bolger.

3. If you could be an animal for a day, which would you choose and why? I would like to be an animorph so I could be ALL the animals. OK but seriously, a hawk or eagle for the ability to soar and amazing eyesight. A bear, for reasons already mentioned by @The King in Yellow. A mantis shrimp, for the ability to perceive so many more colors. A tardigrade in space, to be in space and survive it like it's no big deal. A cat, because cats are great. Did I mention this question is impossible?

High Warden of Tower
1. If you were stranded on a deserted island, which piece of modern technology do you wish you had with you?

A phone, if there even was a coverage; otherwise maybe a mosquito net.

2. Which character from Tolkien's world do you relate to the most?

Not sure about a specific character, but drifting somewhere between the Hobbits (loving comfort and mushrooms) and Rangers of Ithilien (oh, the forest!).

3. If you could be an animal for a day, which would you choose and why?

A cat; could sleep and just be idle to my heart's content. :lol:

Master Torturer
1. If you were stranded on a deserted island, which piece of modern technology do you wish you had with you? Toilet paper..

2. Which character from Tolkien's world do you relate to the most? Mouth of Sauron, always doing the evil overlords bidding.

3. If you could be an animal for a day, which would you choose and why? Can believe no one has said pig.. no dirty birds here? :O

Esquire of The Mark
1. If you were stranded on a deserted island, which piece of modern technology do you wish you had with you? Satellite phone, baby! Get my booty r to the e to the s to the cued.

2. Which character from Tolkien's world do you relate to the most? Hmm. Which one of them is the biggest failure/disappointment? Gollum? The Nazgul? Sauron? I don't know, whoever sucks the most.

3. If you could be an animal for a day, which would you choose and why? Peregrine falcon. I wanna experience SPEED.

Ent Ancient
1. If you were stranded on a deserted island, which piece of modern technology do you wish you had with you? water purifier or de-salinizer or something cause dehydration will kill you first!

2. Which character from Tolkien's world do you relate to the most? Changes with every read and it is hard to pick one but I'd say Merry and Radagast though recently found Frodo more relatable than I ever have before.

3. If you could be an animal for a day, which would you choose and why? Ohh an impossible question!! My first thought was an owl because it would be cool be able to see well at night and see what nocturnal life is like, fly silently and swivel my head though not sure how I feel about hunting and eating mice.

Orc Chieftain
So many good answers, but I'll hand it over to @Menolly, since I didn't think your answer to the Pistachio ice cream question was that bad (even if I wasn't the person asking it)! :lol:

What kind of animal would I be for a day, you may ask? I would also choose to be a cat, since I've been acting much like a cat during this pandemic (mostly sleeping, until I'm not walking straight because I haven't eaten, which happened to a cat I had, and had to call my Mom to find out what was wrong. It turned out he was taken away from his mother too soon and didn't know how to eat, so once my Mom dipped his nose in some food and water, the food in his bowl began disappearing and he recovered. Gave me a bit of a scare, to tell you the honest truth).

Chef
Thank you! I also do not understand the pistachio hatred.

My brain did not want to brain, so I went with a time-honored approach: crowdsourcing on discord (ok, maybe it's not that time-honored).

1) What is your favorite musical and why? (courtesy of @Dimcairien Luiniel)
2) Can morality ever be objective or is it always subjective? (getting philosophically weird courtesy of @Ta'leus Shieldsong)
3) What would be your final words? (courtesy of @Tharmáras)

Esquire of The Mark
1) What is your favorite musical and why? Hard question. I intensely dislike the generic poppy Broadway style of musical, and that seems to be a lot of them these days. Phantom of the Opera is classic. Next to Normal is pretty great.
2) Can morality ever be objective or is it always subjective? I think morality changes as a society grows and adapts and we kill off gods and goddesses and throw off previously held beliefs that come from a place of ignorance. Or not. I don't know. Don't really care either. I'm not a philosopher and big questions hurt me dum-dum squishy brain.
3) What would be your final words? "See ya in hell, jabronis."

High Lord of Imladris
1) What is your favorite musical and why? Sweeney Todd, because it accurately describes how much I like musicals.
2) Can morality ever be objective or is it always subjective? It can be highly objecting. It can also be highly subjective but those tend to be more specific rules than the big important ones... but there are a few rules that will always be objective.
3) What would be your final words? Depends If I go out young and fast ' fredegar ' or some variant. If I'm old and wise.... "I told Tharmaras waiting for his next post would kill me 'next post" :lol:

Khazad Elder
1) What is your favorite musical and why? Jesus Christ Superstar . The music has just enough of a rock edge and I have always liked the story. I watched the story of Jesus ever Easter whilst growing up. I love Jesus and his long hair. :grin:
2) Can morality ever be objective or is it always subjective? Unless we can develop a new way of breathing, no.
3) What would be your final words? 'Fly, you fools!'
The world was fair in Durin's Day

New Soul
1) What is your favorite musical and why? Hmmm dunno, I don't watch that many musicals, but I always enjoyed Chicago, so I guess that one is a favourite. :lol:
2) Can morality ever be objective or is it always subjective? The short answer that does not include me writing an Essay and having Opinions on the subject :lol: would be: It's never solely one or the other. It is both, intertwined.
3) What would be your final words? "When they ask how I died, tell them: still angry" to quote the great Quellcrist Falconer (Richard Morgan)
She/her.

Master Torturer
1) What is your favorite musical and why? Joseph and the amazing technicolor dreamcoat. What's not to love? Funny and has good singalong songs
2) Can morality ever be objective or is it always subjective? Objective: (of a person or their judgement) not influenced by personal feelings or opinions in considering and representing facts. So I would say no, because morality is the majority's opinion on something that is right or wrong.
3) What would be your final words? "I told you I was sick!" or "I'll be back"