The Ringwraith Review

"Going to Mordor!" Cried Pippin. "I hope it won’t come to that!"
Khazad Elder
1. Tell me about your favorite vacation/trip you've been on. My favorite vacation was the last one I took with my two grown sons and their friends up to our cabin in the woods. This cabin is on a private lake with no other cabins on it. It is a fishing club that my grandfather, father and now my husband are members of. We had such a great time. That was over 10 years ago. Man, I need a vacation!! :smile:
2. What is the best book you read this year (audiobook, graphic novels, etc. counts)? Coming Through Slaughter by Michael Ondaatje. The novel is a fictionalized version of the life of the New Orleans jazz pioneer Buddy Bolden. I love they style of Mr. Ondaatje's writing.
3. What's the best thing about the current season where you live? It snows then it melts. I like snow, but not until Christmas or after. :smile:
4. What's your favourite tree? A cedar is my favourite tree. It has fantastic twisty trunks/branches and the coolest bark. It smells wonderful and it last for ever, rain or shine.

Thain of The Mark
1. Tell me about your favorite vacation/trip you've been on. The trip I got to take in 2017 to the Writer's Colony at Dairy Hollow in Eureka Springs, Arkansas. It was incredible and inspiring, and I'm bummed that I haven't had a chance to go back yet (maybe next spring!). You can read about it and see pictures here.

2. What is the best book you read this year (audiobook, graphic novels, etc. counts)? Courting Darkness by Robin LaFevers.

3. What's the best thing about the current season where you live? It's autumn, and now that we've finally had several frosts/freezes, the best thing is WAY LESS BUGS.

4. What's your favourite tree? For types of trees, definitely weeping willows. I actually have a novel in progress where the MC is the dryad of a weeping willow. If you mean a particular tree, though, there was a lovely redbud tree at the apartment complex my family lived at until I was 7, and it was *perfect* for climbing. Last time I was there (several years ago now) I was sad to see the tree had been removed. :cry:

Master Torturer
1. Tell me about your favorite vacation/trip you've been on: Probably the first trip to London with my mum. We had such a good time and saw a lot of awesome places <3
2. What is the best book you read this year (audiobook, graphic novels, etc. counts)? Yjr Grey Bastards by Jonathan French (LOTR meets D&D meets SoA)
3. What's the best thing about the current season where you live? Nothing, cold damp, wet and windy. Sucks butt for months.
4. What's your favourite tree? I love all trees, even the Lail and Nia trees! ;)

Chef
1. Tell me about your favorite vacation/trip you've been on. Oh gosh that's impossible. In terms of new experiences and amazing things seen, probably a biology study abroad class in Ecuador where we went to the Galapagos. Met Lonesome George the tortoise, snorkeled and saw so much unique marine life, the birdwatching was incredible, there were iguanas literally everywhere, I saw wild penguins, a baby sea lion tried to climb in my lap, I could go on and on. In terms of emotionally memorable, any road trip I've been on with my mom. We've driven all of the western US and seen almost all the national parks on this side of the country. I had started to plan a road trip up into Canada for this year, but, well.
2. What is the best book you read this year (audiobook, graphic novels, etc. counts)? The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet, by Becky Chambers was just fantastic. Also really enjoyed the graphic novel Man-Eaters, it was surprisingly funny.
3. What's the best thing about the current season where you live? Gray skies, rainy days, everything turning green after the brown summer.
4. What's your favourite tree? Douglas fir. No, western red cedar. Wait no, do rhododendrons count? I just really love trees.
they/them/actual hobbit in search of a merrier world

Black Númenórean
1. Tell me about your favorite vacation/trip you've been on. This is tough! Possibly a 2015 trip to Glacier National Park. My then-boyfriend-now-husband and I hiked all over, saw tons of animals and beautiful scenery, and got engaged. :D
2. What is the best book you read this year (audiobook, graphic novels, etc. counts)? I read the entire The Princess Diaries series as a way to cope with US election stress last month, after reading several of the earlier books in the series repeatedly as a teenager. :lol: I enjoyed those (they all kind of run together in my head at this point) and also enjoyed Philip Pullman's new short release, called Serpentine.
3. What's the best thing about the current season where you live? In normal times, I appreciate the excuse to stay in and hibernate. This year, I appreciate more than ever running outdoors in winter since it's (a) a way to get out of the house and (b) far preferable (for me anyway) to run in the cold and snow than in the heat.
4. What's your favourite tree? Hard to pick so here are two: aspens (particularly in the Rocky Mountains in fall) and pines (anywhere but especially in the mountains - the smell of pine trees in the mountains is one of my favorite things on earth).
she/her | Esta tierra no es mía, soy de la nocheósfera.

New Soul
1. Tell me about your favorite vacation/trip you've been on. - Definitely the 2 trips to London that I went with a friend in uni! It was the first trip I've organised by myself (getting tickets, finding and booking a hotel etc.) and it was beautiful! Now I want to go to London again, maybe 2021? Work with me here !:lol:
2. What is the best book you read this year (audiobook, graphic novels, etc. counts)? Please hold caller while I check my Goodreads for I am a Woman of a Certain Age™ :lol: When it comes to my profession (history) it's a tos up between Medieval Bodies and Whose Middle Ages? for now, an as for non work related reading A Declaration of the Rights of Magicians by H. G. Parry
3. What's the best thing about the current season where you live? Bura! Bura is a N-NE wind and when it blows it's cold, but I feel better and my mind is clearer. Better cold bura than južina :lol:
4. What's your favourite tree? Again it's a toss up! Olive or orange trees.
She/her.
Solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant

High Warden of Tower
1. Tell me about your favourite vacation/trip you've been on. I think my favourite are 24-hour rogainings though can't really call those vacation. :grin: I love challenges, and trying to collect as many points as possible while enjoying nature is super cool. Never mind the lack of sleep, falling into ditches, wading through marshes and any other such minor difficulties.
2. What is the best book you read this year (audiobook, graphic novels, etc. counts)? I must admit that I have read very little of anything else other than the texts I'm translating. Suppose 'The Maracot Deep' by Arthur Conan Doyle is the thing, though I've read it before.
3. What's the best thing about the current season where you live? Hmm. Looking out the window and waiting for some snow to appear finally? Yesterday a few flakes fell, but that is nothing. Want more!
4. What's your favourite tree? Birch... or maybe oak... or fir... or pine... or any mix of all trees. Just call it a forest then. :googly:

Healer of Imladris
1. Tell me about your favourite vacation/trip you've been on. Probably when my parents and I went backpacking in Gates of the Arctic National Park, though at the time we were mostly wet, mosquito-bitten, and concerned about breaking our ankles. It was kinda the Part Two of their honeymoon trip two decades earlier which...tells you something about my parents. :lol:
2. What is the best book you read this year (audiobook, graphic novels, etc. counts)? Well, I just read the Elenium for the first time in a while (for the umpteenth time) but I think of that series less as reading books than as catching up with old friends. I've mentioned it in this thread already but West with the Night by Beryl Markham was fantastic. And I still haven't finished it but Charles de Lint's Dreams Underfoot has gradually been sneaking its way into my heart.
3. What's the best thing about the current season where you live? Erm. Well. It's sort of still warm enough to go swimming in the ocean, which sounds great, but winter also brings an increase to the poisonous jellyfish population.
4. What's your favourite tree? Maple. Also peach and cherry and pear and persimmon. It's possible that my priorities are not precisely in line with the spirit of this question. :grin: (Okay, I love aspens too. And even the maple trees that don't contribute to my pancakes.)
Top-class Canine Alter Ego Associate of Aerlinn Mordagnir

Ent Ancient
Hey I don't see a rule saying there's a 3 question limit! :grin:
Thanks for more books to look into! It was tough but I'm passing this to @Nessa Saelind for that fascinating link to Bura where I lost myself down a wiki-rabbit hole.

1. Tell me about your favorite vacation/trip you've been on. My trip to the Canadian Rockies a few years ago was unforgettable particularly Jasper! Beautiful scenery and lots of wildlife. Part of me did not want to leave.
2. What is the best book you read this year (audiobook, graphic novels, etc. counts)? Shorefall by Robert Jackson Bennett. I loved it as much as the first book.
3. What's the best thing about the current season where you live? Cold mornings when everything is covered in frost. Sadly haven't had many yet.
4. What's your favourite tree? I love all the trees and it is hard to pick but I have to say deciduous is white oak and for conifers is Ponderosa pine.

Black Númenórean
1. Tell me about your favorite vacation/trip you've been on. Definitely not a vacation, 2019 stage combat nationals were the most glorious, challenging three weeks of blood, sweat, tears, and fun. My cohort became a family and all the work paid off.
2. What is the best book you read this year (audiobook, graphic novels, etc. counts)? Beowulf, by Maria Dahvana Headley. If you haven't heard about this adaptation yet, it's a must read.
3. What's the best thing about the current season where you live? The perfect crisp golden light that's warm and cool at the same time and only happens during winter sunrises.
4. What's your favourite tree? Mountain dwarf spruces, all gnarled and old and watching.
Evil is a lifestyle | she/her

New Soul
Thanks @Lailyn always happy to lead folks down the merry rabbit hole of random facts :winkkiss:

1. Did you study a second (or third) language when you went to school?
2. Do you make New Year's resolutions, or do you think it's a load of garbage?
3. Do you make any kind of traditional food for the holidays?
(I'd love to see some recipes if you'd like to share)
Bonus question 4. Favourite Eurovision performance? :D (Please do include a link to said performance I'd love to see)
She/her.

Chief Counsellor of Gondor
1. Did you study a second (or third) language when you went to school? French and I probably haven't used it since I went to school :lol: At least I can still count in French and if I see it written I can most likely understand the gist of the message. Definitely can't speak it fluently anymore.

2. Do you make New Year's resolutions, or do you think it's a load of garbage? I've never made a resolution. I mean I've given up drinking pop (sorry, soda!) but I decided that when it was nowhere near making New Years resolution.

3. Do you make any kind of traditional food for the holidays? (I'd love to see some recipes if you'd like to share). I don't make it, but my brother in law always cooks lasagna for Christmas and it is amazing.

4. Unfortunately I don't think Eurovision airs in the US. I've heard lots about it from friends overseas, but have never been able to watch it and I'm a dinosaur when it comes to streaming services.
A Loquacious Loreman.
he/him
Tis the season of Sean Bean prequel shows

High Lord of Imladris
1. Did you study a second (or third) language when you went to school? Yes I suppose, I tried and failed miserably at Japanese, I did pass basic spanish in University.
2. Do you make New Year's resolutions, or do you think it's a load of garbage? I don't bother with new years resolutions they don't work for me I find that it works better if I can make or break something whenever I need to.
3. Do you make any kind of traditional food for the holidays? (I'd love to see some recipes if you'd like to share) Perogies. Sadly the recipe is a lot of 'ishes' and until right. sort of directions so I will save the headache and possibly heart ache... It's learnt from old Ukrainian ladies and 'eh that looks right' is a standard measurement with them
Bonus question 4. Favourite Eurovision performance? Have never seen any Eurovision performances being Canadian.

Balrog
1. Did you study a second (or third) language when you went to school? Spanish was a requirement in high school and before everything in my collegiate life went upside down I was planning on minoring in Spanish as well
2. Do you make New Year's resolutions, or do you think it's a load of garbage? if you can keep it, then it's good, unfortunately I've never been able to keep one so I've decided it's better for my mental health not to make New Year's Resolutions
3. Do you make any kind of traditional food for the holidays? (I'd love to see some recipes if you'd like to share) I feel like I'm coming up short in a lot of your questions :googly: I make fajitas from scratch every Christmas (tortillas and all) but I wouldn't really call that traditional
Bonus question 4. Favourite Eurovision performance? :D (Please do include a link to said performance I'd love to see) I've heard of this Eurovision thing, yet I have never actually taken the time to watch any of it, mostly because the American movie stars Will Ferrell whom I find extraordinarily off putting
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Master Torturer
1. Did you study a second (or third) language when you went to school? Well more than that. I was a dane living in South Africa as a kid, so second language was english and a tiiiny bit of afrikaans. Back in Denmark I then had Danish, English, German and later on french :P Now I just speak a lil german and french and understand swedish and norwegian (as they are quite close to danish)
2. Do you make New Year's resolutions, or do you think it's a load of garbage? Garbage!
3. Do you make any kind of traditional food for the holidays? (I'd love to see some recipes if you'd like to share) When I am making it her in the UK I try and make it as traditional as I can and opefully it doesnt turn out too bad :P This year I am going to add some caramalised potatoes and "brun sovs" (gravy) and maybe some pork roast to add a bit more of the danish in there as I miss it :)
Bonus question 4. Favourite Eurovision performance? :D (Please do include a link to said performance I'd love to see) Dont watch it

Black Númenórean
1. Did you study a second (or third) language when you went to school? Spanish from age 11 through college; studied abroad in Barcelona so got to solidify Spanish fluency there while also picking up a bit of Catalan
2. Do you make New Year's resolutions, or do you think it's a load of garbage? I don't think they're inherently bad, but I don't make resolutions. Goals are more actionable, imo, and don't need to be set to start on January 1st to be meaningful.
3. Do you make any kind of traditional food for the holidays? (I'd love to see some recipes if you'd like to share) I don't, unless you count making a hearty breakfast with my family on Christmas morning (eggs, biscuits, bacon, fruit, etc. - how we would have breakfast a lot on weekends growing up)
Bonus question 4. Favourite Eurovision performance? I'm American, so I didn't really know Eurovision was a thing till a few years ago. I have never watched it XD

Fea
1. Did you study a second (or third) language when you went to school? At school I did French, German, and a bit of Latin.
2. Do you make New Year's resolutions, or do you think it's a load of garbage? I don't really go in for it personally. I like the idea that January gives you that fresh start feeling (and therefore a bit more motivation than just randomly trying to start something new in, say mid-September). But I haven't really made one for years, if ever. I guess instead of resolutions, I like to think about some of the things I'd like to change/ do more of/ do less of, and see if I can do anything about any of it (but habits aren't easy to change, no matter what time of year it is!).
3. Do you make any kind of traditional food for the holidays? (I'd love to see some recipes if you'd like to share). I am always proudly one-third in charge of making the brandy butter (along with my two siblings). Does that count? :grin:
Bonus question 4. Favourite Eurovision performance? :D (Please do include a link to said performance I'd love to see) I now feel the weight of Europe on my shoulders. I don't actually really watch it either (though as a Brit I definitely can!). If it's on and I notice, I will watch it for the sheer weirdness of it. I loved Terry Wogan who used to present it here, and I do quite enjoy Graham Norton who currently does (mostly because they both were/are so excellently withering about the ridiculous of lots of it XD). Would it be a massive cop out to say Waterloo by ABBA? Probably, in which case I'll say Euphoria (which I've just realised is also Swedish. They sure know how to make music). youtube link here

Thain of The Mark
1. Did you study a second (or third) language when you went to school? I took 2 years of Spanish in high school about 20 years ago and rarely used it and have lost most of what I knew.

2. Do you make New Year's resolutions, or do you think it's a load of garbage? I usually have a general list of goals I'd like to do in the upcoming year, but not resolutions per se.

3. Do you make any kind of traditional food for the holidays? I make pumpkin pie completely from scratch--including roasting and pureeing the pumpkin myself. I remember my mom making lefse around Christmas time when I was young, too, but she hasn't done it in years. I did acquire the family recipe recently, though, so I might try my own hand at it this year.

Bonus question 4. Favourite Eurovision performance? Have never watched Eurovision. Had never even heard of it before here on the Plaza earlier this year.

Arien
Arien

My second language is Mandarin, I guess. At school I did Latin to A level and French to GCSE. A year of Spanish

I don’t bother. New Year doesn’t feel that liminal to me

3. Do you make any kind of traditional food for the holidays? (I'd love to see some recipes if you'd like to share)
Spiced Roast Goose. I follow Jamie Oliver’s recipe https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/goose-recipes/spiced-roast-goose/

Bonus question 4. Favourite Eurovision performance? :D (Please do include a link to said performance I'd love to see)

Not an entry, but LOVE LOVE PEACE PEACE, the most amazingly meta thing
https://youtu.be/Cv6tgnx6jTQ
cave anserem

Ent Ancient
1. Did you study a second (or third) language when you went to school? I took Spanish as my mandatory language in school but sadly only remember un poco. I'd like to take it up again.
2. Do you make New Year's resolutions, or do you think it's a load of garbage? Kind of garbage I guess, I don't make them but don't judge if you do. I think if you want to make change you should do it when you want not because of a number changing on a calendar.
3. Do you make any kind of traditional food for the holidays? (I'd love to see some recipes if you'd like to share) I am not very traditional or festive, but I am trying gingerbread cookies this year if that counts. Last time I made them they did not turn out well at all so could have another disaster on my hands.
Bonus question 4. Favourite Eurovision performance? :D (Please do include a link to said performance I'd love to see) I haven't seen any but just learned from @Nia that Graham Norton hosts and I love the red chair on his show so I'm picking him even though he is not technically a performer in the contest. :grin:

Thain of The Mark
Sil wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:54 pm 3. Do you make any kind of traditional food for the holidays? (I'd love to see some recipes if you'd like to share)
Spiced Roast Goose. I follow Jamie Oliver’s recipe https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/goose-recipes/spiced-roast-goose/
GOOSE EATS GOOSE?! (Why is there no horrified smiley?!)

Although come to think of it, chickens can be cannibalistic, so I suppose geese might be as well.

Arien
Arien
I’m on mobile so: 🍽🦢
cave anserem

Knight of The Mark
English since I was 8. German but I got to skip that class.

Garbage. At least for me because I could never keep them when I used to make them.

3. Do you make any kind of traditional food for the holidays? (I'd love to see some recipes if you'd like to share)
Knäck (christmas toffee) and Saffron buns

this one

Chef
1. Did you study a second (or third) language when you went to school? Studied Spanish in high school and college and used it a fair amount through my early twenties, but I was never quite fluent and have sadly lost most of it in recent years.
2. Do you make New Year's resolutions, or do you think it's a load of garbage? They've never worked for me and I haven't done any in years, but props to people who make them and stick with them.
3. Do you make any kind of traditional food for the holidays? My favorite cookies are molasses crinkles (I double all the spices from the recipe here, and also add a bit of ground nutmeg and some chopped crystallized ginger). We also do lots of fruit pies and pecan pie at the holidays.
Bonus question 4. Favourite Eurovision performance? :D I haven't watched Eurovision in over a decade I think.

High Warden of Tower
1. Did you study a second (or third) language when you went to school? Errr... second, third in school (English, Russian), and also fourth and fifth at uni (Swedish, Spanish).
2. Do you make New Year's resolutions, or do you think it's a load of garbage? I make all sorts of resolutions during the year, don't need to wait for the New Years. :tongue: Working on weight loss a bit, and under my rogaining teammate's strict supervision have lost 5 kg.
3. Do you make any kind of traditional food for the holidays? Gingerbread cookies, meat pastries, potato, meat, cucumber and what not salad.
Bonus question 4. Favourite Eurovision performance? :D The times when Latvia could actually get somewhere in Eurovision... lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1y9xhm ... 000ESC2003

New Soul
If my calculations are correct (me and math are not the best of friends so I might be off, who even knows at this point :lol: ) so I get to pass the baton to someone else. @Rior Laegiel the floor is yours because I really loved the recipe for Saffron buns. <3

1. Did you study a second (or third) language when you went to school? - Nowadays in Croatia, it's mandatory from the 1st grade of primary school to learn a second language. When I went to school, second language acquisition (did I just type that :googly: yea Gods and Little Fishes!) was mandatory from the 4th grade upward. So I learned English from the 4th grade, and I learned Italian in secondary school.
2. Do you make New Year's resolutions, or do you think it's a load of garbage? - Kind of, I mostly write things that I'd like to do, but nothing mandatory. Except for the Goodreads reading challenge :lol: That's a New Year's resolution that a must! :lol:
3. Do you make any kind of traditional food for the holidays? (I'd love to see some recipes if you'd like to share) - Fritule and codfish with potatoes aka bakalar na bianco. I'll have to translate the recipes for both and when I get to it post them in the Shire
Recipe Receptacle.
Bonus question 4. Favourite Eurovision performance? :D (Please do include a link to said performance I'd love to see) - Uh oh! This is hard people! You don't even know how hard this is :lol: But I'm narrowing it down to 2: Verka Serduchka - Dancing Lasha Tumbai pure Eurovision gold <3 and Ruslana - Wild Dancers - this was such a hit when I was in my last year of secondary school!
She/her.

Knight of The Mark
Thank you, Nessa Saelind :smooch:

1. What bit of trivia do you know that is very interesting but also very useless?
2. What songs do you feel compelled to sing along with when you hear them, even if you don’t totally know all the words?
3. If the Swedish Chef (Muppets) was cooking for you, what would you want him to make? Would you eat it when it's done?
Last edited by Rior Laegiel on Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Balrog
1. What bit of trivia do you know that is very interesting but also very useless? there is a subgenre of black metal called Métal Noir Québécois that consists of black metal bands from Quebec that predominantly use only French lyrics, there are about 5-10 bands in the subgenre
2. What songs do you feel compelled to sing along with when you hear them, even if you don’t totally know all the words? there are so many really, "Blow Your Trumpet Gabriel" by Behemoth, "Fire of Motion" by Zeal and Ardor, and "Cold Mouth Prayer" by Marduk are probably the most sung though
3. If the Swedish Chef (Muppets) was cooking for you, what would you want him to make? Would you eat it when it's done? roasted goat, I'd try that I think
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Black Númenórean
1. What bit of trivia do you know that is very interesting but also very useless? I wouldn't say that this is interesting or even trivia but it's definitely useless - I can do the whole Pokérap from the original Pokémon tv show
2. What songs do you feel compelled to sing along with when you hear them, even if you don’t totally know all the words? Anything from Hamilton, anything I grew up listening to in middle school/high school, anything by Andrew Bird
3. If the Swedish Chef (Muppets) was cooking for you, what would you want him to make? Would you eat it when it's done? Perhaps some Swedish meatballs! And yes, I would definitely try them. :grin:

1. What bit of trivia do you know that is very interesting but also very useless? Everyone is aware of Napoleon's defeat at Waterloo, but did you know he was attacked by a horde of bunnies? In 1807 he wanted to set up a celebratory rabbit hunt after signing a treaty to end a war between the French and Imperial Russia. He asked his chief of staff to capture as many rabbits as he could and they would have a glorious rabbit hunt. There was going to be a lunch and then the hunt.

Napoleon's chief of staff made the mistake of getting tame rabbits from a French farmer, and not capturing wild rabbits that would be frightened since they wouldn't be used to being around people. Some accounts say it was a few hundred rabbits, others said it was as many as 3,000. However many there were the hunters became the hunted. Believing Napoleon, and his troops were there to serve them lunch, Napoleon got swarmed with rabbits climbing up his legs and coat jacket. He had to retreat into his carriage and the attack didn't stop until the coachmen managed to pull the carriage away.

2. What songs do you feel compelled to sing along with when you hear them, even if you don’t totally know all the words? Ooh, there's quite a lot.
Disney songs: "A Whole New World" and "Be Prepared."
Christmas songs: "You're a mean one, Mr. Grinch" and the "Snow Miser/Heat Miser" songs from A Year Without a Santa Claus.
Others: "Layla" by Eric Clapton. "American Pie" by Don Mclean. "Final Countdown" by Europe. "The Boxer" by Simon & Garfunkel. "The Weight" by The Band. "Free Falling" by Tom Petty.

I really miss being able to do karaoke nights. :cry: *shakes fist at 2020*

3. If the Swedish Chef (Muppets) was cooking for you, what would you want him to make? Would you eat it when it's done? Concur with the Swedish meatballs and I try everything at least once.

Chef
1. What bit of trivia do you know that is very interesting but also very useless? Female Virginia opossums have thirteen nipples, and what's more, it's twelve nipples in a circle plus one in the middle of the circle. Very weird, as mammals go.
2. What songs do you feel compelled to sing along with when you hear them, even if you don’t totally know all the words? Anything from Hamilton with faster lyrics than I've learned to sing.
3. If the Swedish Chef (Muppets) was cooking for you, what would you want him to make? Would you eat it when it's done? Something weird and difficult that I'm too intimidated to make myself. (And of course I would eat it!)

Scout of Lothlorien
1. What bit of trivia do you know that is very interesting but also very useless? If a statue shows a rider on a horse that is rearing (front legs raised), that person died in battle; if the horse has one foreleg raised, they were wounded in battle; and if all four legs are grounded the rider died outside battle. Apparently it's been disproved, so even more useless now.
2. What songs do you feel compelled to sing along with when you hear them, even if you don’t totally know all the words? Any song with the word 'Jump' in it.
3. If the Swedish Chef (Muppets) was cooking for you, what would you want him to make? Would you eat it when it's done? Frogs legs and pigs trotters - if only there was somewhere (someone) close to him to provide such ingredients...and probably, I've had worse.

High Lord of Imladris
1. What bit of trivia do you know that is very interesting but also very useless? gamma Cephei will be the next North star (in about 2000 years)
2. What songs do you feel compelled to sing along with when you hear them, even if you don’t totally know all the words? White Stripes 7 nation army (though I tend to do it a bit more towards PMJ versions of it which still works to the White Stripes)
3. If the Swedish Chef (Muppets) was cooking for you, what would you want him to make? Would you eat it when it's done Turkey. Possibly I'd eat it.

Knight of The Mark
I'm a picky eater but I'd eat if he made popcorn. :lol: New questions go to @Fuin Elda, I've always wanted to try Turkey.
Rohirrim at heart, always.

Master Torturer
1. What bit of trivia do you know that is very interesting but also very useless? Yoda and Miss Piggy were both voiced by the same person.
2. What songs do you feel compelled to sing along with when you hear them, even if you don’t totally know all the words? Christmas songs
3. If the Swedish Chef (Muppets) was cooking for you, what would you want him to make? Would you eat it when it's done? Meatballs of course and hell no

Fea
1. What bit of trivia do you know that is very interesting but also very useless? There is only one country in the world whose current capital city is an anagram of their former capital city (Japan with Tokyo and Kyoto respectively)
2. What songs do you feel compelled to sing along with when you hear them, even if you don’t totally know all the words? Having just read @Boromir88 's mention of Disney songs, Donny Osmond's I'll Make a Man Out of You comes to mind!
3. If the Swedish Chef (Muppets) was cooking for you, what would you want him to make? Would you eat it when it's done? Any traditional Swedish dish I guess. I have never really watched the Muppets, but I'm going to assume there might be a good reason not to eat something he cooks? So I'll say probably not.

High Lord of Imladris
Thanks Rior! Ohhh my first questions for the review... I must make them good ones.

1. What is your favourite board game?
2. What is your favourite outdoor activity?
3. Is there an attraction/activity where you live that you think more visitors should know about?

Fea
1. What is your favourite board game? LOVE board games! A general favourite of mine is Catan (and various extensions of it, particularly the Cities & Knights variant). I got given Ticket To Ride as a gift this year and have been told this is another good one - but I have yet to play it. And just yesterday I had my first experience of playing Pandemic (an ironic Christmas present), which I also enjoyed (it's a cooperative game in which you either all win, or all lose - we lost both times we played, I hope that's not an augury).

2. What is your favourite outdoor activity? I don't think there's anything I've yet tried outdoors that I don't enjoy. If I had to pick one specific activity, I'd probably say skiing (of the Alpine variety), but the simple (and much more affordable!) pleasure of going for a stroll/hike/swim anywhere in the great outdoors is 👌.

3. Is there an attraction/activity where you live that you think more visitors should know about? I'm going to pick one in my home town of Reading, and it's the Abbey Ruins. It's quite a nice place just to go for a bit of a wander, but for any history nerds it's got a load of pretty cool history: it was once one of the largest monasteries in Europe; King Henry I was buried somewhere on the grounds in the 1130s but they don't know exactly where; King Henry VIII destroyed the place as part of the dissolution of the monasteries in the 1530s; it was then further desecrated during the English Civil War by garrisons using the building material to protect King Charles I from Parliamentarians from London; and later part of the ruined Abbey became a school which Jane Austen attended.

Balrog
1. What is your favourite board game? Sadly, I'm not a huge fan of board games and *looks around* there aren't really that people for me to play with at the moment
2. What is your favourite outdoor activity? It's hard to a good trail run or backpacking and camping out in the middle nowhere, New Mexico (shockingly) has some very good trails all over the state and some great camping areas in the northern half of the state
3. Is there an attraction/activity where you live that you think more visitors should know about? Continuing the hiking theme, the Organ Mountains don't get a lot of attention because they aren't a big part of the Rockies, but they have and interesting story (the Spanish colonizers thought the peaks looked like the pipes from a pipe organ) and a dozen good trails with some great views

Black Númenórean
1. What is your favourite board game? I'm not much of a board game person. I've played my fair share of them with friends who do love them, but I just don't really enjoy them. :shrug:
2. What is your favourite outdoor activity? Running!
3. Is there an attraction/activity where you live that you think more visitors should know about? There are lots of tourist traps and museums and such in Chicago. My recommendation would be to get out of the Loop and into the neighborhoods to get a feel for their distinct personalities, charm, and food.

Knight of The Mark
1. What is your favourite board game? Monopoly. I love playing board games but unfortunately my friends or family don't usually want to play unfortunately.
2. What is your favourite outdoor activity? Taking walks.
3. Is there an attraction/activity where you live that you think more visitors should know about? We have some historical sites nearby where I live.
Rohirrim at heart, always.

Master Torturer
1. What is your favourite board game? Firefly
2. What is your favourite outdoor activity? Mudlarking
3. Is there an attraction/activity where you live that you think more visitors should know about? Mudlarking, though then again no, cause then they would be finding all my shire! :lol:

Istari Steward
1. What is your favourite board game? Terraforming Mars. Just got to play it again actually!
2. What is your favourite outdoor activity? If the weather is good, probably either hiking or swimming (but I really only enjoy the repetitive lap swimming)
3. Is there an attraction/activity where you live that you think more visitors should know about? There's a really cool set of farms open to tourists here, like 50ish farms, that you can walk around, pet animals, try and buy food, etc. Really nice place but I forget what it's called lol

High Warden of Tower
1. What is your favourite board game? Settlers of Catan!
2. What is your favourite outdoor activity? Orienteering/rogaining
3. Is there an attraction/activity where you live that you think more visitors should know about? 24-hour rogaining. :P Lots of beautiful nature sights and fun team stuff, also such fun as slipping and falling into ditches and all that.

1. What is your favourite board game ?
Chess

2. What is your favourite outdoor activity ?
Coastal walking/rock-pooling

3. Is there an attraction/activity where you live that you think more visitors should know about ?
There are several Bronze-age village remnants, cairns, barrows and Standing Stones etc, which are quite amazing. Even one which is supposed to grant good health and fortune etc if you believe in that. Besides all the beaches and castles of course. But I think most folk know already about the latter. And too much traffic would probably ruin the former. :googly:
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost
The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not touched by the frost.

Ent Ancient
1. What is your favourite board game? I like board games but hardly ever play and sadly I'm not up with the new games. I like trivia a lot but also enjoy cards if that counts. Enjoying gin rummy lately.
2. What is your favourite outdoor activity? Hiking/walking/bird-watching sometimes simultaneously.
3. Is there an attraction/activity where you live that you think more visitors should know about? I think some of my favorite hikes in the Cascades are less well-known and just as gorgeous as some of the famous ones. A lot of people go for those big ticket spots but don't realize out of the way trails can be hidden gems (and less crowded)!

Scout of Lothlorien
1. What is your favourite board game? When I was younger it was Escape From Colditz, but now it's Carcassonne although technically that's a tabletop game. Started doing more games this year with my brother and best friend, but COVID kinda spoiled that.
2. What is your favourite outdoor activity? A beer garden!
3. Is there an attraction/activity where you live that you think more visitors should know about? Not really, Scotland is full of tourist attractions that are (mostly) well worth it, can't really go wrong

Arien
Arien
1. What is your favourite board game?
Scrabble.

2. What is your favourite outdoor activity?
I really do enjoy climbing trees but haven’t done it for a good while

3. Is there an attraction/activity where you live that you think more visitors should know about?
No. The fewer visitors, the better
cave anserem

New Soul
1. What is your favourite board game? Oh, I have too many favourites! Ticket to Ride, Scythe, Terraforming Mars is a huge hit in my friend group. Firefly is always fun, and there was one with trees that I loved but forgot the name of... I'll remember it 2 days after I post this you'll see :lol:
2. What is your favourite outdoor activity? Swimming and walking.
3. Is there an attraction/activity where you live that you think more visitors should know about? Hmm, I think the Maritime History Museum in Split would be my personal choice because I've volunteered there for a long time and maritime history is my favourite side project.
She/her.

Fea
@Nessa Saelind It's not Photosynthesis by any chance??