The Ringwraith Review

"Going to Mordor!" Cried Pippin. "I hope it won’t come to that!"
New Soul
@Nia YES! That was the one! <3 Thank you *hugs*
She/her.
Solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant

High Lord of Imladris
Hmmm well I did not think I'd be seeing Chess on here for board game that made me smile use to play chess a fair bit so @Ercassie gets to give the next bunch of questsions! (OH and my answers to these questions)

1. What is your favourite board game? Cranium
2. What is your favourite outdoor activity? Gardening or Bushwacking lol (just randomly walking through woods with no trails)
3. Is there an attraction/activity where you live that you think more visitors should know about? I mean the best thing where I live is our Round Up where I'm moving to, but I am also a fan of going to Umpkers Hill (it's a really dangerous hill to drive in the winter but it looks over the entire valley I live in that is near where I bought my acreage), however to find Umpkers hill you need a local person that knows it most people even in town don't know where it is.

Chief Counsellor of Gondor
1. What is your favourite board game? Risk. I was a little disappointed in the LOTR version of Risk, thought they could have done more. But I'll still play the original.

2. What is your favourite outdoor activity? Playing basketball/shooting hoops

3. Is there an attraction/activity where you live that you think more visitors should know about? There's not too many attractions nearby that I think are worthwhile. Normally I'd recommend taking the roughly hour drive to Cleveland or Pittsburgh. But I was pleased that the Robins Theater, after years of being closed has gone through an extensive re-opening and instead of redesigning everything they kept the classic look. Hopefully whenever this virus gets under control, Robins Theater can thrive again.
A Loquacious Loreman.
he/him
Tis the season of Sean Bean prequel shows

Clearly I am old school, @Fuin Elda. Either that or just plain old. :googly:

New year, new set of questions then:

1) Would you take the One Ring if you had the opportunity, and why/why not ?

2) Have you ever taken part in a RPG on any version of the plaza, where the storyline actually ended with a conclusion, rather than just fizzled out because of .. reasons ?

3) What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen Giant Eagle, hunting for coconuts ?
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost
The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not touched by the frost.

Master Torturer
1) Would you take the One Ring if you had the opportunity, and why/why not ? Of course I would! In place of a dark lord you would have a Queen. Not dark but beautiful and terrible as the dawn. Treacherous as the Sea. Stronger than the foundations of the Earth. All shall love me and despair! Something like that..

2) Have you ever taken part in a RPG on any version of the plaza, where the storyline actually ended with a conclusion, rather than just fizzled out because of .. reasons ?
Yep, I helped Edain finish her character's story, by killing her of course :P Also managed to finish the Pits plots I had with Naith, the only ones if I recall correctly.

3) What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen Giant Eagle, hunting for coconuts ? 70 mph.

Istari Steward
1) Would you take the One Ring if you had the opportunity, and why/why not ? I think I would be in a position similar to Samwise (if I may flatter myself): tempted, but ultimately answering to a higher loyalty, and thus willing to pass. I think one of the things LOTR teaches us is that the small, weak, and humble have advantages in resisting the Ring, simply because power and control are not part of their hopes and dreams.

2) Have you ever taken part in a RPG on any version of the plaza, where the storyline actually ended with a conclusion, rather than just fizzled out because of .. reasons ? Depends on your definition of an RPG I suppose--I've finished particular character arcs between individuals, but never one that was a general plaza RPG with a pre-defined endpoint.

3) What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen Giant Eagle, hunting for coconuts ? What units would you like?

1) Would you take the One Ring if you had the opportunity, and why/why not ? No and that's not out of arrogance. :winkkiss: The Ring's deception is to tempt people with wielding supreme power. That's just never really interested me, even a desire to hold power "and put things right" as Sam might say. Now if the Ring could lead me to the best pizza I wouldn't be able to resist.

2) Have you ever taken part in a RPG on any version of the plaza, where the storyline actually ended with a conclusion, rather than just fizzled out because of .. reasons ? Nope. Until recently I haven't RPed on any version of the plaza.

3) What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen Giant Eagle, hunting for coconuts ? Eagles have an impressive diving speed when they're hunting for anything. So, I'm going with 100 mph.
A Loquacious Loreman.
he/him

Black Númenórean
1) Would you take the One Ring if you had the opportunity, and why/why not ? Part of me wants to say I'd totally be tempted and pass because I am a pretty disciplined person and dislike power (both having it myself and the things it does to people who do have it), but part of me wonders if I *would* actually take it...just to see what it looked like on. And it'd all be downhill from there. :lol:

2) Have you ever taken part in a RPG on any version of the plaza, where the storyline actually ended with a conclusion, rather than just fizzled out because of .. reasons ? I don't think so, sadly. Though as a teenager on OP, I sometimes just vanished without a trace for months at a time due to school and such, so it was often my fault that I never got to see an RPG through.

3) What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen Giant Eagle, hunting for coconuts ? Not sure, I will have to do some auguring to find out the answer. Will report back.
she/her | Esta tierra no es mía, soy de la nocheósfera.

Balrog
1) Would you take the One Ring if you had the opportunity, and why/why not ? probably not. I like control but the One Ring is powerful enough to wrest that control from me, and leave me the one being controlled.

2) Have you ever taken part in a RPG on any version of the plaza, where the storyline actually ended with a conclusion, rather than just fizzled out because of .. reasons ? Not yet, but I've had to adjust my expectations here on NuPlaza and allow things to move at a much more glacial pace. I still (maybe foolishly) have faith that they will be completed at some point

3) What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen Giant Eagle, hunting for coconuts ? 6.66 meters per second squared
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

High Lord of Imladris
1) Would you take the One Ring if you had the opportunity, and why/why not ? Depends. I have a pretty high moral standard that I hold myself to as a public figure. So PROBABLY NOT at least not for the first while... but it is the one ring, it'd probably get me eventually.

2) Have you ever taken part in a RPG on any version of the plaza, where the storyline actually ended with a conclusion, rather than just fizzled out because of .. reasons ? yes, well mostly I GMed them rather than standard participated... I am a stubborn mule.

3) What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen Giant Eagle, hunting for coconuts ? Golden eagles can dive at 150mph as a maximum the air dynamics of an eagle tends to stay the same as the shape stays the same in terms of air flow and the eagles of LOTR tend to be modeled around Goldens, so I'll go with 150 Mph if they are diving their prey. If they are airborne hunting 80Mph.

New Soul
1) Would you take the One Ring if you had the opportunity, and why/why not? I'd probably lose it in the first 15 minutes or so, because something would distract me or someone would holler that they need me to take a photo of cake/plant/child and I would put it somewhere and promptly forget about it :lol:

2) Have you ever taken part in a RPG on any version of the plaza, where the storyline actually ended with a conclusion, rather than just fizzled out because of .. reasons *insert I have no memory of this place gif*

3) What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen Giant Eagle, hunting for coconuts? *insert math lady gif*
She/her.

Ent Ancient
Would like to tell you @Boromir88 how excited I am to see you RPing!
1) Would you take the One Ring if you had the opportunity, and why/why not ? I would like to say no but who knows if the opportunity presented itself? I'm not the kind of person who likes power but I suppose I could be the type to think I would try to make the world better with it, kind of like what Gandalf says.

2) Have you ever taken part in a RPG on any version of the plaza, where the storyline actually ended with a conclusion, rather than just fizzled out because of .. reasons ? I'm not sure. Maybe a Cavalry RPG but most likely it finished without me. I tend to fall out of big RPGs because it is too much for me to keep up with and I end up burning out fast but I have great admiration for those who do participate from start to finish.

3) What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen Giant Eagle, hunting for coconuts ? An Eagle never tells.

Chef
1. What is your favourite board game? Settlers of Catan for sure. I also love Betrayal at House on the Hill, Pandemic, Ticket to Ride, Carcassone, and many others. And I just got Wingspan for Christmas and am super excited to try it!
2. What is your favourite outdoor activity? Birding.
3. Is there an attraction/activity where you live that you think more visitors should know about? It's not exactly where I live, but there is a really fantastic maritime museum in Astoria, Oregon that has been there longer than I've been alive, but I didn't visit it til a couple years ago because I didn't think local maritime history was interesting. I was wrong!

1) Would you take the One Ring if you had the opportunity, and why/why not? I want to say no because I don't desire power, but it's entirely possible that I would look out on the world and imagine turning it into a beautiful garden.
2) Have you ever taken part in a RPG on any version of the plaza, where the storyline actually ended with a conclusion, rather than just fizzled out because of .. reasons? ...probably? I can't remember a specific example.
3) What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen Giant Eagle, hunting for coconuts? Well, that depends. Are we talking Valinorean or Numenorean Giant Eagles? (don't be angry lore purists, those were the first two demonyms I could think of)
they/them/actual hobbit in search of a merrier world

Gardener
1) Would you take the One Ring if you had the opportunity, and why/why not ?
Nope, I have zero desire to live forever. And as Uncle Ben taught us, with great power comes great responsibility, and that does not sound like a fun time to me.

I very rarely took part in long term story based RPs, more just game RP type things, or threads that were consistently going for years with no designated "end" like the Shire Watch. But of the few RPs with actual storylines I took part in ... nope, never finished them. And to bet honest the reasons were usually who I am as a person.

3) What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen Giant Eagle, hunting for coconuts ?
What do you mean? African or European? *watches you explode*

Fea
@Nessa Saelind woohoo you are most welcome - I used to play that with colleagues from work at our monthly board game evenings - one of the many things I miss about the office!

1) Would you take the One Ring if you had the opportunity, and why/why not? Very good question, and I've absolutely no idea. Like most people have indicated above, I'd like to think I wouldn't, but evidence suggests being human probably means I would. Having the benefit of hindsight of the whole story though may give us a leg-up in politely declining?

2) Have you ever taken part in a RPG on any version of the plaza, where the storyline actually ended with a conclusion, rather than just fizzled out because of .. reasons ? Haven't done many RPGs, so no probably not. Sorry, v. boring answer.

3) What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen Giant Eagle, hunting for coconuts? 390km/h . I think somehow they'd find a way of beating the fastest bird on earth, and I just googled and apparently a peregrine falcon has managed 389.46 km/h in a dive.

Well those were all some wonderful insightful answers, thank you all very much ! But I'm going to have to hand the baton of review (is that a thing ? It is now a thing :grin:) over to @Woggy Hardbotom.

Not merely for catching the Monty Python in that Eagle question (because I suspect that another hobbit did as well ? @Menolly ?) But for additionally referencing Uncle Ben. Because, .. it's Uncle Ben. :googly: *explodes*
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost
The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not touched by the frost.

Gardener
Why thank'ee very much @Ercassie - I bought my housemate the new Myles Morales Spiderman game for Christmas, and I must say I am thoroughly enjoying the purchase.

1) If you shake a milkshake, does it make it a milkshaken or a milkshook? Why?

2) What is your favourite thing to do that takes longer than 24 hours?

3) Have any skills that you have learnt (or honed) on the Plaza helped you in your professional life?

Istari Savant
1) If you shake a milkshake, does it make it a milkshaken or a milkshook? Why? - Milkshaken, because that's what James Bond would say.

2) What is your favourite thing to do that takes longer than 24 hours? - Whoops, forgot to answer this. Um ... making things like bread (sourdough that sits in the fridge for a while), kombucha, or woodworking.

3) Have any skills that you have learnt (or honed) on the Plaza helped you in your professional life? - Making organized and (I think) logical arguments/comments. Thank you to all the IK Debate folks!
Last edited by Túrin on Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What, she killed them with mathematics. What else could it have been? - Jayne Cobb

Black Númenórean
1) If you shake a milkshake, does it make it a milkshaken or a milkshook? Why? Milkshook seems more meme-worthy :lol:

2) What is your favourite thing to do that takes longer than 24 hours? Learning new languages.

3) Have any skills that you have learnt (or honed) on the Plaza helped you in your professional life? One minor reason I retrained to become a software engineer was to lend my tech skills to the Old Plaza. While that didn't pan out, I'm now writing code for a living in addition to helping out around here!
she/her | Esta tierra no es mía, soy de la nocheósfera.

1) If you shake a milkshake, does it make it a milkshaken or a milkshook? Why? What @Túrin said, milkshaken not milkstirred. :wink:

2) What is your favourite thing to do that takes longer than 24 hours? Tough because I like reading books, which most of the time will take longer than 24 hours. But I'm going to say Star Wars Episode 1-9 + Rogue One and Solo movie marathon.

3) Have any skills that you have learnt (or honed) on the Plaza helped you in your professional life? Reasoning and talking to people, or moderating between different groups of people who don't always agree.
A Loquacious Loreman.
he/him

Master Torturer
1) If you shake a milkshake, does it make it a milkshaken or a milkshook? Why? Milkshaken, and cause I said so

2) What is your favourite thing to do that takes longer than 24 hours? Genealogy

3) Have any skills that you have learnt (or honed) on the Plaza helped you in your professional life? Torturin- er, no.

Balrog
1) If you shake a milkshake, does it make it a milkshaken or a milkshook? Why? Milkshaked, because I like to be a contrarian

2) What is your favourite thing to do that takes longer than 24 hours? Endlessly refreshing my emails to see if a short story has been accepted by a magazine or not

3) Have any skills that you have learnt (or honed) on the Plaza helped you in your professional life? The importance of editing
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Istari Steward
1) If you shake a milkshake, does it make it a milkshaken or a milkshook? Why?Milkshaken would be proper grammar, but I suspect milkshook is what the kids find funnier these days. I'll try to remember to ask my students tomorrow, and I'll return with a report. EDIT: I was right.

2) What is your favourite thing to do that takes longer than 24 hours? Raising my children.

3) Have any skills that you have learnt (or honed) on the Plaza helped you in your professional life? I honed procrastination using the Plaza, for sure.
Last edited by KingODuckingham on Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chef
1) If you shake a milkshake, does it make it a milkshaken or a milkshook? Why? Shouldn't it be a milkshakeshake? Because you shake the milk, then you shake the milkshake.
2) What is your favourite thing to do that takes longer than 24 hours? Reading a really good novel. Or doing a difficult knitting project that's a gift for someone else. Or building years and years of trust with my very skittish cat.
3) Have any skills that you have learnt (or honed) on the Plaza helped you in your professional life? At one point I ran the old plaza twitter, which was a nice primer for running social media accounts at various jobs.

High Lord of Imladris
1) If you shake a milkshake, does it make it a milkshaken or a milkshook? Why? Neither. Those are past tense it would simply be a milkshake until afterwards where it would then become one of those.

2) What is your favourite thing to do that takes longer than 24 hours? Super detailed oil painting commissions. Thanks @Peeg I blame you for bringing me back to oil painting.

3) Have any skills that you have learnt (or honed) on the Plaza helped you in your professional life? Being able to talk and type two different things at once (use to Speech to text one post while typing another on old plaza to keep up or speech an RP post and type code for the library etc... Now use that when dealing with walkins where I know I'm not going to be tattooing them now or likely ever - mostly a they showed up drunk and I don't want to waste all my time on this so if I can do something useful at the same time bonus.

New Soul
1) If you shake a milkshake, does it make it a milkshaken or a milkshook? Why? - As the cool kids would say milkshooketh :lol: cause why not :tongue:

2) What is your favourite thing to do that takes longer than 24 hours? - Stare at the blank World document and waiting for the words to come...

3) Have any skills that you have learnt (or honed) on the Plaza helped you in your professional life? - Proofreading before you hit submit :lol:
She/her.

Gardener
@Túrin by rights I should award this to you. The entire reason I asked question #3 was because recently I was contemplating the effect that IK Debate had on my professional life; a significant portion of my job is to defend my business in logical-debate-style-prose against an opposing viewpoint, so for you to have the same experience is utterly fascinating to me. Also, we bringing debate back or what?

But @KingODuckingham the floor is yours, for so many reasons, not least of which because you genuinely researched one of the questions and reported back to me with the results.

But most of which is because oh man did I learn to procrastinate here.

Istari Steward
Thanks Woggy!

1. I keep a commonplace book full of wise, clever, beautiful, or otherwise entertaining quotes or poetry, both fiction and non-fiction. What is a quote or saying you like that I could add to it?
2. What was your favorite Christmas present you received (or gave)? If you didn't give or receive any, or don't celebrate Christmas, what's at the top of your current wishlist?
3. My mother's favorite adjectives for me as a child were "bizarre" and "oblivious". What two adjectives might best describe child-you?

Warrior of Imladris
1. I keep a commonplace book full of wise, clever, beautiful, or otherwise entertaining quotes or poetry, both fiction and non-fiction. What is a quote or saying you like that I could add to it? "A politician is someone who offers you a bridge when you haven't got a river." It comes from the book Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts.
2. What was your favorite Christmas present you received (or gave)? If you didn't give or receive any, or don't celebrate Christmas, what's at the top of your current wishlist? This year, the best present I gave my sisters and mother was a cookbook. I kept a record of everything Whackly and I cooked in 2020, wrote a short review of how it went with the recipes and gave it to them. It was called "Cooking with COVID: Take a shire year and season generously with good food."
3. My mother's favorite adjectives for me as a child were "bizarre" and "oblivious". What two adjectives might best describe child-you? Studious and quiet. Don't study too much anymore but I'm still quiet.
I can resist everything except temptation. - Oscar Wilde
she / her

Balrog
1. I keep a commonplace book full of wise, clever, beautiful, or otherwise entertaining quotes or poetry, both fiction and non-fiction. What is a quote or saying you like that I could add to it?
“Enlightenment isn't necessarily a clean process. Enlightenment can be filthy, desperate, dangerous. Enlightenment is its own reward, its own punishment. You begin to see so much more. And so much more sees you.” - Laird Barron The Imago Sequence and Other Stories
2. What was your favorite Christmas present you received (or gave)? If you didn't give or receive any, or don't celebrate Christmas, what's at the top of your current wishlist? I was given an Amazon gift card that I used to buy half a dozen Stephen Graham Jones novels
3. My mother's favorite adjectives for me as a child were "bizarre" and "oblivious". What two adjectives might best describe child-you? Quiet, nondescript

Master Torturer
1. I keep a commonplace book full of wise, clever, beautiful, or otherwise entertaining quotes or poetry, both fiction and non-fiction. What is a quote or saying you like that I could add to it? "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent" - Eleanor Roosevelt. Words I try to live by when customers yell at me
2. What was your favorite Christmas present you received (or gave)? If you didn't give or receive any, or don't celebrate Christmas, what's at the top of your current wishlist? I honestly can't say which is my favourite of all times, cause I truly love all the gifts I am given. I know, I am a sap. This year, prolly a signed first edition of Rhythm of War, by Brandon Sanderson <3
3. My mother's favorite adjectives for me as a child were "bizarre" and "oblivious". What two adjectives might best describe child-you? Quiet, well-behaved Changing mine to sensitive and stubborn, that was totally me

New Soul
1. I keep a commonplace book full of wise, clever, beautiful, or otherwise entertaining quotes or poetry, both fiction and non-fiction. What is a quote or saying you like that I could add to it? - I rather like this one from Luke Arnold's Fetch Philips book The Last Smile in Sunder City "I like books. They’re quiet, dignified and absolute. A man might falter but his words, once written, will hold."
2. What was your favorite Christmas present you received (or gave)? If you didn't give or receive any, or don't celebrate Christmas, what's at the top of your current wishlist? - The favourite present I gave was a photo album with photos of my brother's kids to my mum this year. She prefers paper photos, despite scrolling through the digital ones my brother regularly uploads on a cloud server.
3. My mother's favorite adjectives for me as a child were "bizarre" and "oblivious". What two adjectives might best describe child-you? - Variations of the phrase stubborn as a mule :lol: I suppose if the most accurate
She/her.

Ent Ancient
1) If you shake a milkshake, does it make it a milkshaken or a milkshook? Why? I'm firmly in the milkshaken camp!
2) What is your favourite thing to do that takes longer than 24 hours? Travel.
3) Have any skills that you have learnt (or honed) on the Plaza helped you in your professional life? Not sure it is a skill but it reminds me to pay attention to detail. Not one of my natural strengths but is important in my job.

1. I keep a commonplace book full of wise, clever, beautiful, or otherwise entertaining quotes or poetry, both fiction and non-fiction. What is a quote or saying you like that I could add to it? First of all, I love this! I used to have a book like that.
"Each of us matters, has a role to play, and makes a difference. Each one of us must take responsibility for our own lives, and above all, show respect and love for living things around us, especially each other." - Jane Goodall
2. What was your favorite Christmas present you received (or gave)? If you didn't give or receive any, or don't celebrate Christmas, what's at the top of your current wishlist? I don't usually do gifts but the past Christmas was an exception because everyone needed something nice. My favorite gift was a license for Wonderdraft for fictional world mapping!
3. My mother's favorite adjectives for me as a child were "bizarre" and "oblivious". What two adjectives might best describe child-you? Sensitive and stubborn

High Warden of Tower
1. I keep a commonplace book full of wise, clever, beautiful, or otherwise entertaining quotes or poetry, both fiction and non-fiction. What is a quote or saying you like that I could add to it? Work for a cause, not for applause; live life to express, not to impress; don't strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt - unknown author (still have to find out whose words these are)
2. What was your favorite Christmas present you received (or gave)? If you didn't give or receive any, or don't celebrate Christmas, what's at the top of your current wishlist? Chocolate?... :grin:
3. My mother's favorite adjectives for me as a child were "bizarre" and "oblivious". What two adjectives might best describe child-you? Quiet and smart

Fea
1. I keep a commonplace book full of wise, clever, beautiful, or otherwise entertaining quotes or poetry, both fiction and non-fiction. What is a quote or saying you like that I could add to it? I've always quite liked "My life amounts to no more than one drop in a limitless ocean. Yet what is any ocean, but a multitude of drops?" - David Mitchell, Cloud Atlas.
2. What was your favorite Christmas present you received (or gave)? If you didn't give or receive any, or don't celebrate Christmas, what's at the top of your current wishlist? Favourite one I gave this year was Pandemic (the board game), favourite received was a highly reflective cycling jacket, which means in these dark winter months I will effectively become a moving cat's-eye, whenever I am next reunited with my bike, which is sadly locked down in a different place to me.
3. My mother's favorite adjectives for me as a child were "bizarre" and "oblivious". What two adjectives might best describe child-you? I think this would very much depend on the context. Teachers would almost certainly have said quiet and amiable. My sisters would probably have said annoying and bossy. Parents would have likely have gone with sensitive and stubborn. I fear this isn't exactly giving myself a glowing self-review. I'm probably still lots of those things, though I think the annoying and bossy older sister phase, at least, has gone (I hope!)

Istari Savant
1. I keep a commonplace book full of wise, clever, beautiful, or otherwise entertaining quotes or poetry, both fiction and non-fiction. What is a quote or saying you like that I could add to it? - "You don't need a reason to help people."

2. What was your favorite Christmas present you received (or gave)? If you didn't give or receive any, or don't celebrate Christmas, what's at the top of your current wishlist? - Books. Got the latest Stormlight Archive, the last from Tales of the Ketty Jay, and a couple I've been interested in by an obscure but (from what I've read, fascinating) author Karl Schrodenger.

3. My mother's favorite adjectives for me as a child were "bizarre" and "oblivious". What two adjectives might best describe child-you? - Quiet, thinking, maybe?

Also, @Woggy Hardbotom, I'm definitely down for getting debates rolling again! Just need like 4-6 others as well to be around on a regular basis! I know Mojo's been around, not sure if he's still popping by (I've been rather absent myself), and I think I've seen Gia's name pop up. Not sure if there are others.
What, she killed them with mathematics. What else could it have been? - Jayne Cobb

High Lord of Imladris
1. I keep a commonplace book full of wise, clever, beautiful, or otherwise entertaining quotes or poetry, both fiction and non-fiction. What is a quote or saying you like that I could add to it? Remember. When people say What Would Jesus do... Flipping shire and Whipping People IS on on the table.

2. What was your favorite Christmas present you received (or gave)? If you didn't give or receive any, or don't celebrate Christmas, what's at the top of your current wishlist? Recieved - Probably a drumset when I was a kid. Giving - a small pocket multi tool knife from Roots for my dad it was the first gift I got for him when I was in university. He lost it for almost 5 years and then it was found in a chair in my uncles house... He still has it over 10 years after he was gifted it. He uses it regularly.

3. My mother's favorite adjectives for me as a child were "bizarre" and "oblivious". What two adjectives might best describe child-you? impish, sassy, (these are legit from my mothers mouth as she is sitting beside me and we are playing four pics 1 word)

Istari Steward
Thank you everyone! *scribbles furiously*

Questions over to @Lailyn for making me check out what Wonderdraft was, looks really interesting! Dunno if I'll get it myself but it was worth the look. :thumbs:

Ent Ancient
@Nia sensitive and stubborn children unite!!
Ducky - it is pretty fun! check out the Wonderdraft reddit if you want to see some really ridiculously amazing maps!

1. If you could bring one species back from extinction, what would it be and why?
2. What is one item/object/thing from Middle-earth that you wish existed in the real world?
3. Have you ever been to midnight book/movie/something release? What was it? If not, would you like to?

Balrog
1. If you could bring one species back from extinction, what would it be and why? The Cave Bear because giant bear, I don't understand the why part of the question
2. What is one item/object/thing from Middle-earth that you wish existed in the real world? Morgul blades, I'd have found a few uses for them
3. Have you ever been to midnight book/movie/something release? What was it? If not, would you like to? I went to the midnight releases of all the Hobbit films, growing more and more disillusioned with each film

Master Torturer
1. If you could bring one species back from extinction, what would it be and why? Dont think any one deserves it more than the other. I would love to be able to bring them all back. Its disgusting that humans are to blame for it even happening.
2. What is one item/object/thing from Middle-earth that you wish existed in the real world? My fell beast Ketchup! Omg, how awesome would it be to ride to work on him??
3. Have you ever been to midnight book/movie/something release? What was it? If not, would you like to? All the LOTR movies and the first 2 Hobbit ones. Maybe some of the SW ones. Best one was the first LOTR movie. God I loved it so much. Went with my mom, who passed away in 2018. One of most favourite memories ever <3

Istari Steward
1. If you could bring one species back from extinction, what would it be and why? All or nothing baby, sorry! Though I am intensely curious to see a real life Archaeopteryx.
2. What is one item/object/thing from Middle-earth that you wish existed in the real world? Feet being as commonly and overly hairy as hobbit feet, seems comfy.
3. Have you ever been to midnight book/movie/something release? What was it? If not, would you like to?Yep, went to the midnight release of the last HP book to pick one up, and I think midnight releases of at least two movies, can't remember which ones. Have to say the movies were more fun to go to than grabbing a book, reading the book till 6 AM was so bad for my sleep schedule. :grin:

Fea
@Lailyn I was thinking the same thing as I read through your answer! We'd have been peas in a pod :grin:

1. If you could bring one species back from extinction, what would it be and why? Seeing a dinasaur would be awesome, but I think if I really had that power, for me it would have to be a species which had gone extinct more recently and as a result of humans (though that doesn't really narrow the options!). I quite like the idea of the dodo making a return, just for its symbolic status. Though going further back, perhaps one of the giants, like the giant sloth.
2. What is one item/object/thing from Middle-earth that you wish existed in the real world? Gandalf's staff, although only if I could also make use of it (and not just as a walking stick).
3. Have you ever been to midnight book/movie/something release? What was it? If not, would you like to? I went to the midnight releases of the 6th, and 7th Harry Potter books. I went with a friend (and her dad, who acted as taxi, bless him), and we'd then be in this quite stressful unspoken competition to finish it first (I always lost, but then again I got to have the story last longer, so who really lost??? :lol: ). Like Ducky, this caused sleeping schedule chaos.

Chef
1. If you could bring one species back from extinction, what would it be and why? There's too many...I can't...but what about the...how can I even? OK but seriously, probably the thylacine. It fulfilled an important economic niche and it infuriates me that they still existed in living memory and we even have video of them. Honorable mentions go to the gastric brooding frogs, the vaquita because it's functionally extinct and we can't seem to reverse that, and all the Hawaiian songbirds for which we only have sound recordings now.
2. What is one item/object/thing from Middle-earth that you wish existed in the real world? Mithril.
3. Have you ever been to midnight book/movie/something release? What was it? If not, would you like to? Yes, many! I started with Return of the King, then all the Harry Potter movies except the first two, Pirates of the Caribbean, definitely a few I'm forgetting because I went to midnight movie releases just for the party a lot in my late teens and early 20s. Also went to the midnight release for half the Harry Potter books. There's some intense nostalgia lodged in my brain for those all-day line parties that wrapped around the movie theater.

Esquire of The Mark
1. If you could bring one species back from extinction, what would it be and why? That’s a hard question to answer. I think I’d really like to see what giant sloths or wooly mammoths were all about.
2. What is one item/object/thing from Middle-earth that you wish existed in the real world? Longbottom Leaf. It’s the finest pipeweed in the South-Farthing!
3. Have you ever been to midnight book/movie/something release? What was it? If not, would you like to? Yes! Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows Part 2. I was the first person in line. I waited for 11 hours and got the seat right in the middle with that nice low bar you can use as a footrest.

Istari Savant
1. If you could bring one species back from extinction, what would it be and why? So there's this theory that bringing back the mammoths, something people are actually working on, mind you, could help stave off climate change by trampling and brutalizing the permafrost in ways that, counterintuitively, keep it from thawing and releasing the heaps of horrid stuff stored there. So that's nice.
2. What is one item/object/thing from Middle-earth that you wish existed in the real world? Let's get some trees that eat people.
3. Have you ever been to midnight book/movie/something release? What was it? If not, would you like to? I'm not really a bleeding edge consumer.

New Soul
1. If you could bring one species back from extinction, what would it be and why? - That is a tricky question that can lead down dangerous paths as we have seen demonstrated in Jurassic park :lol: But honestly I don't know :shrug: I'm tempted to say Dodo for the lolz factor
2. What is one item/object/thing from Middle-earth that you wish existed in the real world? - Lembas bread, for days you just don't know what to eat or you just don't feel like eating.
3. Have you ever been to midnight book/movie/something release? What was it? If not, would you like to? - Yes, my brother and I went to watch Return of the King together :grin:
She/her.

High Lord of Imladris
1. If you could bring one species back from extinction, what would it be and why? Thylacine - they are recent enough of an extinction and most of their prey type animals still exist and their habitat still exists. (though there are claims they aren't actually extinct)
2. What is one item/object/thing from Middle-earth that you wish existed in the real world? Balrogs. that way we could finally put an end to the wing debate.
3. Have you ever been to midnight book/movie/something release? What was it? If not, would you like to? Yes. However they don't do them in Canada anymore because too many people pirated them. (was at the midnight release for LOTR:RotK as my first)

Warrior of Imladris
1. If you could bring one species back from extinction, what would it be and why? I agree with @Fuin Elda, bring back the Tasmanian Tiger. They can party with the Tasmanian Devils and render Tasmania completely uninhabitable.
2. What is one item/object/thing from Middle-earth that you wish existed in the real world? I'd want a palantir. I feel like it would be a good conversation piece.
3. Have you ever been to midnight book/movie/something release? What was it? If not, would you like to? It's wasn't at midnight, but I did win tickets to my city's premiere of RotK. People kept applauding through it, which was irritating.
I can resist everything except temptation. - Oscar Wilde
she / her

Istari Savant
1. If you could bring one species back from extinction, what would it be and why? - I like @Elenhir 's mammoth comment. Though I'd rather petition this particular genie to let me defer like Elrond's kids and use my magical resurrection on a species that we cause to go extinct and then realize that it's vital for the environment to support continued human existence. Unless it's mosquitos. Or deer flies. If either of those are somehow vital to humans, then my vote is we call it a wrap and pass Earth on to the chimpanzees, bonobos, or whatever species would emerge as the next dominate one.
2. What is one item/object/thing from Middle-earth that you wish existed in the real world? - An older race of intelligent beings to say, "Hey, y'all, you're being kinda dumb, you should do better at, well ..." *gestures to everything*
3. Have you ever been to midnight book/movie/something release? What was it? If not, would you like to? - Not that I can recall, and no desire to do so. Unless it's whiskey. I might go out of my way for a good whiskey.