The Hall of Barad-dûr: Mordor OOC

"Going to Mordor!" Cried Pippin. "I hope it won’t come to that!"
Master Torturer
@Fenrir Sorry, voting ended yesterday! Keep you eye out for the next one :) The thread will be located in admins messages when its up! You can go give suggestions for Halloween themes though, also in admins :)

Wainrider
cool!

Balrog
@Thalionwen Hunigfolm dear when you have a chance, can you add Druviz Kadar (Dread-Insect Tent) to the Black Market roster? An apiary that specializes in murder hornets and wasps for a variety of purposes from surveillance to assassinations. Special orders available upon request, owned by Fleeg.

You are the best!
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Master Torturer
@Mama's Murder Muffin

Balrog
:rofl: :stab:
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

High Lord of Imladris
@Thalionwen Hunigfolm

I have been informed by the great and all knowing @Sil Denafil that I must put up a tattoo shop in the black market...
The character that will be running it is called Umoya, she is a Haradrim, and the shop will be called Grijakeren (Probably Grelvish orcish but should mean Blood Iron)

I await your approval and then will post up setting up shop
Sereg a Dîn

Thain of The Mark
@Fuin Elda and @Mama's Murder Muffin, shops are added to the Black Market, sorry about the wait, we had our official first week of homeschool this week and then the kids and I all caught the stomach flu over the weekend :brickwall:
Bealdorhaelend
Proud member of the Eastmark
Lead Healer, Edoras Infirmary
Shopkeeper, Cwep Ciese

Balrog
Homeschool! As long as you remember to teach them that bears are the best I will forgive you, and I'll throw in a few murder hornets for you when you get a chance to pick up that blood you ordered from Fleeg like three months ago :rofl:

Oof though, stomach flu is nasty, hope you're all feeling better!

High Lord of Imladris
@Thalionwen Hunigfolm awesome will get my shop up tonight and I at least wasn't waiting terribly long at all. I do hope we will get some people getting stabbed once it's up. I'll be upset if Sil doesn't show up lol
Sereg a Dîn

Ent Ancient
Oooo a tattoo shop!! @Fuin Elda love it. I'll have to get my Haradrim (uh is that the appropriate singular usage?) over there sometime!

Wainrider
Hey @Moriel Can I join in with Delgaran at the Angmar thread? Any ideas how I can join? Should Fenrir just enter Delgaran's throne room unsummoned?

Black Númenórean
@Fenrir Absolutely! She’s busy with someone else at the moment but you could show up and wait your turn, or/and interact with Belzagar (@Sil) who may still be hanging out outside the throne room :grin:
Evil is a lifestyle | she/her

Master Torturer
@Hoglorfen Love the Army post! :D Any post made in there earns you a renown, so you are already on 1 with that post ;)

Scavenger
@Winddancer Glad you like it! :D And thank you, that's good to know. Should I change it in the post?
Per viam, puto quod opus est mundo tumultus orcorum.

Master Torturer
Yep! :D

Master Torturer
Attention all!

Going to start a short mission-like rp with the Mordor Army. If you are Mordorian you are welcome to join in! Assembly is in the Army thread and will then move to the Land of Shadows free rp thread (dont need to join the army to join in!). If you want to be on the other side, let me know and we can work something out!

Master Torturer
@Elenhir @Lady of Shadow Just wanted to let you know I edited your posts in the Army rp. The very first post you make in there earns you a renown :) So just corrected your renown to 1. Just so you know that next time you post, it will be 2 ;)

Master Torturer
@Lady of Shadow Sorry for the delay, its been a horrid couple of days I promise to get to the Army thread asap <3

Orc Chieftain
No rush, since the thread may pick up again after Halloween season is over (I'm hoping the Hall of Judgement one will too, since it's been way past the five day sign up period). I only switched back earlier than I was planning because I'm close to ranking up (it would have been too hard if I still had one of the Halloween icons). :smile:
He who commands the Ruling Ring... commands all

Master Torturer
You can freely go up/down/sideways with the ranks, it doesnt cost! Also the Halloween ones arent connected to any kingdom so once you want to go to a specific rank that you meet the requirements to, you can :) @Lady of Shadow Just in case you want an icon for Halloween ;)
I am hoping to get a post up today though, got a redundancy meeting to go to first though :( Wish me luck!

Master Torturer
Meh failed at getting a post out! Will hopefully catch up today or tomorrow <3

Khazad Elder
Greetings evil ones! We are updating the Master List in Global Announcements. Can someone please post the active threads Mordor wishes to see in the list at this time. You can post them here -> Global Member Announcements: What's Going on Around the Plaza

Please do not bother posting these threads:
Picture Threads
Post Offices
Announcement Threads
Character Submissions
OOC Thread
Archive Threads

Thanks!
The world was fair in Durin's Day

Wainrider
Hi all! In the old plaza I had the rank of Dildhan. What rank equivalent should I start with now?

Black Númenórean
Hey @Fenrir! According to my records of old versions of the Black Host, Dildhan was the second of five "normal" ranks. The current divisions of the Host have 7-8 ranks each, so my guess would be that you should start one the second or third rank up in your chosen division (see Black Host - Free Army RP for details). But it's @Winddancer's thread, so she could confirm for sure!

P.S. I saw your post in Angmar and will try to get back to you in the next few days! I've been having a whirlwind time IRL and not much activity the last few weeks, but I'm getting back in the loop now :grin:

Master Torturer
So the "new" army is not really a new army. It is basically a thread where you can RP your Army life and gather renown to rise in the ranks so you know when you have a promotion without anyone telling you when you are promoted. It was done so that the thread could run on it's own and no one had to wait around for a trainer to respond as that was my biggest gripe :P

Like I said in the thread itself, if you loved your old rank and want to RP as that, then go ahead, but there are no real like for like ranks now. So either start over and work your way up, or go about your business as Dildhan and then pick something that is similar if you want to progress from that. There is no "power" with the ranks now. It's not like you can get to the top one and get to boss everyone around :P If you want to start a RP and take minions on a mission, go for it (mine died *cries*) you do not need permission for that and you gain renown for each post made in that mission too! RP as a Captain/Over Lord/Power hungry nut all you want :P The army thread is just a way to do some free rp in the army setting, as it is not about the rank but about the rp itself. Make sense?

Black Númenórean
@Draugän Nuruhuinë got a post up for you in Angmar :grin:

Orc Chieftain
I'm thinking of starting a story line involving Naelia's half-sister, Lathana. I mentioned in a few posts that she escaped, so I would like to start something where Naelia finds out about this (she had a little help in my latest Thief Hunt post, so she knows something is up) and attempts to track her down, so would the Army thread be a good place to start with this story line, or should I post in the Free RP thread? Just thought that I would throw this idea here and see what others thought, since it might be a good Army mission (since the last one kind of died).
He who commands the Ruling Ring... commands all

Master Torturer
It only died because people stopped posting! :P

And do it whereever you like :) Both are fine, it's your choice!

Balrog
I'm afraid I'm partially to blame for that. I got hit with burnout and imposter syndrome at the same time and it was hell climbing out of. I apologize for letting it all hang in the wind like that. I will be getting to that soon though and we can pick it back up maybe?

Master Torturer
@Fleeg life happens <3 By all means continue with it if you like <3

Black Númenórean
@Boromir88 consider yourself stalked :googly: I saw in your nomination post about how you like Mafia and were thinking of converting it to a forum based game! I actually did that years ago on the OP and brought it back recently here on Nu Plaza, in the form of Hall of Judgement! We played a round and were going to go again, but Halloween derailed that. It'll be back before long though! If it's something you might be interested in running, I'm happy to share- give me a poke on discord!

And of course, I don't lay claim to sole rights of adaptation, so if you wanted to launch your own version I'll look forward to seeing it :grin:

Chief Counsellor of Gondor
@Moriel, oooh thank you! Yes that's exactly it, just different names for the roles but essentially the same game. I liked being a player more than running it so I will pass on running one for the time being. Thank you, because now I know where to look and I will be signing up for the next one. :grin:
A Loquacious Loreman.
he/him
Tis the season of Sean Bean prequel shows

Black Númenórean
@Boromir88 well hurray, I'm excited for you to play the next round!!! By the by, a new series of Thief Hunt has just started and Dumb Orc is a suspect if you want to come play..... *drags Boro deeper into the RP world*

Black Númenórean
@Boromir88 - may I just say how much I am enjoying reading your Dumb Orc RP? :lol: So glad you've joined in on the fun!
she/her | Esta tierra no es mía, soy de la nocheósfera.

Chief Counsellor of Gondor
@Tarawen heh, thank you. :lol: I was telling Sil before I didn't RP much because I was someone who seemed to have permanent writer's block. I had to plan out everything that I wanted to get accomplished and that would lead to nowhere except me pacing around for hours. I'm starting to understand when friends have said not knowing what's going to happen until they start writing! Nothing cures writer's block like just start typing anything, even nonsense and then the thrill of having no idea what my character will do next. I'm definitely enjoying it, thank you.

@Moriel oh well that looks interesting too. Marvelous. :grin:
A Loquacious Loreman.
he/him
Tis the season of Sean Bean prequel shows

Master Torturer
One of us!!

Arien
Arien
Boromir88 wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:10 pm I'm starting to understand when friends have said not knowing what's going to happen until they start writing! Nothing cures writer's block like just start typing anything, even nonsense and then the thrill of having no idea what my character will do next.

yessssss one of us one of us
cave anserem

Black Númenórean
Yesss let chAotIc stream of consciousness RP reign!

Balrog
ChAoS! While Frost and a few others are planned and outlined, Fleeg has never once been planned. I never know what idiocy I will be putting him through.

Welcome to the club @Boromir88! One would never know you've barely started RPing, you're doing a fantastic job.

New Soul
Fleeg wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:02 pm I never know what idiocy I will be putting him through.
And that's the best part :lol: Although you could say that we now have great expectations of Fleeg re idiocy :lol: so there's that burden of "responsibility" :lol:
She/her.
Solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant

Balrog
Responsibility and Fleeg do not go well together, his apiary is aggressively a bad idea that has a count down of impending disaster

Arien
Arien
I feel like we should host some sort of quiz show to find out who, really, truly, is the Dumbest of Dumb Orcs. We have so many contenders...
cave anserem

Balrog
Quiz show or beauty pageant?

Arien
Arien
Maybe a Mx Mordor type show, similar to Mx Meduseld from Rohan - that was a great idea (not just saying that because I won, of course) :grin:
cave anserem

Balrog
I am absolutely for this idea! Fleeg is gonna show you all how dense he really is!

Black Númenórean
Oh man Reg is so in for this

New Soul
Oooh! I am here for this talent show! I got snacks, drinks, banners, the whole shebang! :lol:
She/her.
Solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant

Arien
Arien
OK: shall we do this in the New Year or do people want it sooner? Feels like there’s a lot going on at the mo?
cave anserem

Balrog
yeah, there's a lot going on, I vote for in the new year

Black Númenórean
New Year, New Champion of Dummies