The Hall of Barad-dûr: Mordor OOC

"Going to Mordor!" Cried Pippin. "I hope it won’t come to that!"

Khazad Elder
Hey all of you! I cant wait to role play with you all. Love the old darker side of Middle Earth. Ill probably introduce some dark humans and dwarves into Middle Earth soon and Mordor is the best place. Always did like the Eastern Kingdoms and their mystery.

Moriel! How are you and missed you! Can’t wait til we get to RP again.

Black Númenórean
Oro! Welcome (back) to Mordor!! I'll be along soon to torture you in the Pits, I promise :smiley8: That's an expression of friendship around here, doncha know.

Wainrider
Love seeing a lot of familiar faces (and threads) here in Mordor! This wasn't my first kingdom, but it was the one I stuck with the longest (and most recently) so it felt like the place to call home on the Nu Plaza. That said, my RPing skills are rusty so I look forward to lots of games and light role playing. :smiley8:
Not all who wander are lost...except that guy. He's DEFINITELY lost.- JRR Tolkien, probably

Black Númenórean
@Winddancer I was just thinking about Umbar and making a free RP thread for it!! Yours looks great :smiley8:

Reik, I'm glad you're back :smiley8: You can take the minion out of the plaza but not the minion out of the minion... or something like that.
Evil is a lifestyle | she/her

Master Torturer
Thanks! Makes it easy when you get help from Naith :P And we need some threads to RP in! I am not really one for games :P

Working on a thread for the Army as well, one that is more like free RP too, so that people can post when they want to and no one has to wait around for a trainer so they can level, yet with a leveling system still. Obviously Naith helped lol. It's just another free rp thread, so if at some point we get rulers, they can changed it if it isnt to their liking or it doesnt work :P

Black Númenórean
That sounds great! I have a lot of material and ideas for a military but it's definitely not something I want to implement until we know if we're going to be around for a while/if we get a ruler that's not me and has wildly different ideas I don't want it to get trashed :smiley9:

Wainrider
@Winddancer Wait, is Naith good at role-playing or something? Wow, who'd have known? :smiley9:
Not all who wander are lost...except that guy. He's DEFINITELY lost.- JRR Tolkien, probably

Master Torturer
Naith good at RP?? Naaah :P I just used one of his systems that he made for SL and revised it a LOT to fit free rp so people can train themselves. This system can then be used later, if wanted as I still have it where it works with trainers/GMs and such. I also revised the renown scoring system, usually someone would award the points, but everyone HATES waiting for training/scoring, so lowered those and made them post dependant. That way you are in charge of your own training :) And can later be altered back if needed :)

Black Númenórean
@Winddancer How do you want to handle established characters that were previously of high rank? For instance, my two orc brothers- one was the last Maugân of the Black Host and the other was what probably would have been a Drartul of the Pushaktar. Do you want to assign them starting ranks? Shall we treat this as a reorganization by the Eye where everyone has to start over and can be mad about it?? Watchu want?

Master Torturer
Its free RP, those ranks are for new people to the army and a way for them to level up. If you already have a rank and want to rp that, then go for it! If the names have changed, then find something equivalent :) For now this is just to give something for people to do, I definitely do not want to strip away anything people might already have worked for and I am sure people will be responsible and choose a correct rank. And if you want to start over, that's fine too :D If they are higher than what is listed there, then feel free to stick to those ranks and feel special and boss the others around in there lol :P

Black Númenórean
Excellent. I shall examine the ranks and figure out where my bossy boys go :smiley8:

Melkor
Melkor
I wonder where the waste management division would be placed under within the Host :P

Black Númenórean
Underfoot :smiley10:

Arien
Arien
I used to have a load of rank icons for Army... now where did they go?!
cave anserem

Black Númenórean
Oh man, I don't even remember what those look like. I remember using them though. I talked to Windy earlier and I'm bringing Swiltang back as Maugân, so he'll be floating around in a menacing fashion, available for interaction or to train anyone who wants it! Training by an actual character not required under the current scheme, so feel free to ignore him entirely. Though he might come annoy people anyway :smiley8:
Last edited by Moriel on Sun May 17, 2020 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Khazad Elder
@Winddancer All the lovely and tasty RP threads. Yes, my previous. More places to spam. Yes. But seriously, I would love to RP with any Orc, Human, or anything that the dark lands can throw at me. Anyone want to get some plots and stories moving with me?

Black Númenórean
So I was going to post as Swiltang in the Army thread and for Oro in the pits tonight but then I started looking through my photobucket and got distracted for too long and now I have to go to sleep if I want to be conscious for my workshop tomorrow. I'm gonna blame Sil cos she's convenient. Posts tomorrow :smiley8:

Chief Counsellor of Gondor
Winddancer ! Soooo happy to see Umbar has a place here ! :smiley22: :smiley8:
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost
The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not touched by the frost.

Master Torturer
@Rivvy Elf Have you seen Mordor?? Doubt they worry about their waste rofl :P
@Sil Btw forgot to ask, were you the Tzu Naith mentioned?? Cause I can change it if you are :)
@Oro knock yourself out! And really want to do something in Umbar, loads of opportunities in there :D
@Ercassie Glad you are glad! Better see a post from you in there then! :P

Arien
Arien
@Winddancer Tzü was my co-ruler back in the day! Not heard from her since January 2019 though :smiley13:
cave anserem

Master Torturer
Oh, ok! Sorry, cant keep track of who was who :P

Khazad Elder
@Ercassie Would you like to RP some in Umbar? I’d be down if you are. I want to get a Mordor RP going because you can have some very unique characters.

@Winddancer - oh you shall. I do like a dark side ! :twisted:

@Oro - Some unique characters indeed ! My previously established was a Sauronic enthusiast trying to resurrect the customs of human sacrifice last seen in the latter days of Numenor. Two of his three sons were corsairs and the third was a failed ships surgeon who had turned his macabre anatomical studies to the subject of torment/interrogating prisoners. Their matriarch ruled the house slaves with an iron-fist. Fun times. Do any of those sound like characters you would like to interact with ? :smiley15: :lol:
The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not touched by the frost.

Khazad Elder
@Ercassie They all sound fun to interact with! I think I’d prefer the Sauronic enthusiast. I was planning on making myself a little wanna be Witch-King. If you post in the Umbar thread I would be happy to interact. Pick whichever character you want.

@Oro - I’ll see what I can conjure up. After all, who wouldn’t want to meet a little wannabe Witchking ?! :smiley22:

Master Torturer
Pft, isn't every minion a wanna Withking? :P

Wainrider
Excited to see The Black Host up and running! Thanks for taking care of that @Winddancer. I considered that thread a pretty seminal place for me to develop my roleplaying when I moved to Mordor initially. Will look to hop into it soon.

Master Torturer
Yea we definitely needed the army back :D But also didnt want it to be overly complicated and fussy. The last thing we need is to stifle peoples creativity by making them wait on someone right now. Though if they chose that option, then it's on them! :P Though if that does happen, I hope people will just keep posting regardless and just continue on by themselves as I defintely dont have a problem with that. But also thought it would be good to have some threads that did not require any one person to run it, just in case that person's activity is short lived :) (not saying mine is!)

Arien
Arien
This seems as good a place as any to store some old pics, so...
cave anserem

Master Torturer
Did you find the army icons @Sil ??

Balrog
I'm surprised at how much I missed this place. It's great to see a lot of the old gang hanging around and making mischief! I can't wait to dive in again and make an ass of myself, because let's be honest that what I was best at.
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Master Torturer
Welcome back @Frost !! Did you go by another name? What years were you most active? Inquiring minds want to know! Ok, maybe it is just me.. but still.. :P

Balrog
@Winddancer I went by a different name in the very beginning when I was in Gondor (which I can't remember now), but as soon as I switched allegiances to Mordor I was Frost. I'd say I was pretty active in my time, somewhere between 2007 and 2010. @Gecko and @Nessila are the most likely to remember who I was
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Master Torturer
Oh, well I will blame my shotty memory then (mention my age and you will DIE! :P ). Could be you were active when I wasn't around though, well anyways welcome back! Get dug in on whatever takes your fancy :)

Balrog
You don't have to tell me twice to get my weird on! I think I remember you but the Plaza was so large back then we could have missed each other in the shuffle, plus I was pretty focused on making Mordor as strange as I could back then and I was pretty singularly focused.

Master Torturer
Well there was a time where I would only visit 2 threads in Mordor, could have been then :P

Oh and about the Mordor Army, hoping to put together a few writing prompts for the training that people can use if they get stuck on what to write or what is expected in a Mordor Army, apart from not killing each other obviously.

Arien
Arien
I remember you @Frost wasn’t your ID number very short?
Edit: I wanna say 635
cave anserem

Master Torturer
Show off..

Balrog
It was! I forgot about that. It was short because I had come one the Plaza before it was really the Plaza then forgot about it until 2007. You have a good memory Sil :lol:

Wainrider
Welcome back to the fray, @Frost! Your name seems vaguely familiar, but our active years seem to only have overlapped a bit. My activity was tailing off by 2007 I believe.

Balrog
I definitely remember you! You and Miriel were pretty much the role models I should have followed when I arrived in Mordor, unfortunately I learned from Ness and things basically went the way you'd expect. I admired your dedication to all the IK Events

Black Númenórean
I spy with my big flaming eye another minion! Welcome @Frost! We definitely overlapped but I confess I don't remember you much. "It's been eighty four years..."

Melkor
Melkor
The Hobbit Insanity thread has opened!

Khazad Elder
Welcome Frost! I think I remember you posting around. It has been a very long time.

@Sil how do you remember all these numbers?

Rivvy elf "release the insanity!"

Snaga
Hmmm can you add viewtopic.php?f=14&t=142 to the list. It's the MorPix thread. It's kind of both OOC and IC though but I guess since it's kind of out of Middle-earthy it's probably better in OOC. I'll leave the decision to you :p
~ η β π ~

Arien
Arien
The caption contest, so cool @Moriel put it in there twice

@Frost and @Oro I guess I gave him a lot of tribute?
cave anserem

Balrog
Didn't I run Minion of the Month at some point too? I remember running something but I can't quite remember what it was. Personally, I hope IK poetry competitions can eventually make a comeback, I haven't written any poetry since I left.

Master Torturer
Well, if you want it, make it happen! How it is going to be from now on, really :P Jump into every kingdom and petition for it and get one running :)

Balrog
You've caught me in a dangerous Do-All-the-Things mood, so I might as well do it! Though if it goes off the rails I am putting the blame squarely on your shoulders for encouraging my madness. :smiley16: