The Hall of Barad-dûr: Mordor OOC

"Going to Mordor!" Cried Pippin. "I hope it won’t come to that!"
Black Númenórean
You heard right :fence: Welcome!! :grin:
Evil is a lifestyle | she/her

Balrog
It absolutely is! We have all the best pubs and games and scary people (and even the scary people are all lovely)
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Balrog
@Moriel and @SilverDragon, don’t forget your first move in Hoppit Darts! I can delay the dice a few hours if you think you can make it.
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Dúnadan
Oh crap, sorry, I've been at work all weekend and it slipped my mind. I can try to write something on my lunch break today but that's 1.5 from now. Don't worry about delaying for me though, I feel bad.

Black Númenórean
I forgot to update thief hunt so it’s no wonder I forgot to post in hoppit darts :googly: Shall be there posthaste!

Balrog
You’re lucky I like both of you! Otherwise I’d create some fun reasons why you forgot to throw, like ogling the bar tender too much :rofl:

Ent Ancient
Hi friends! I did a quick peek through this thread and didn't see any mention of it. I was thinking of crafting a Mordor NPC but I was wondering if you have settled on an Age (Third or Fourth)? I am flexible and can go either way but was curious as it may impact how my character behaves, etc.

Balrog
I believe we've settled on a "some time during the Third Age" range, beyond that we're pretty flexible on the specifics

Master Torturer
Well Mordor only existed up until the War of the Ring :) I think we are mostly 3rd age, pre battle. Though for any free RP thread you can pick any age :D (except maybe the Host thread, as well that would be pre battle too :P )

Ent Ancient
Thank you kindly!

I mean I always assume Third for that reasoning, Windy, but then I stretch my imagination a little and could see what it might be like with remnant orcs and Uruks running the place, plus Harad would still exist but a lot of the best baddies would sadly be gone. :headshake:

Elven Enchanter
Also, there's a lot of hand-wavy magic going on when it comes to the Ages. Us minions aren't limited to playing our minion character in Mordor after all.
Artanis / Éomund / Brandor / Zarâm

Arien
Arien
We were 2nd age at one point, I remember us doing a whole RPG where the Necromancer was cast out of Mirkwood and fled to Barad-dûr. @Tzülien?
cave anserem

Black Númenórean
I sort of remember that, wasn't it just for the one RP? I could very well be making that up.

Master Torturer
Lailorn wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:33 pm Thank you kindly!

I mean I always assume Third for that reasoning, Windy, but then I stretch my imagination a little and could see what it might be like with remnant orcs and Uruks running the place, plus Harad would still exist but a lot of the best baddies would sadly be gone. :headshake:
The answer is in our icons :P

Ent Ancient
:lol: Windy! Thanks all. 2nd Age RP sounds cool!

Arien
Arien
@DEATH, would you like to judge the latest case in the Halls of Injustice? I was going to do it myself but there’s a possibility I may be called as a witness. I still will if you don’t want to but you have a good boom-y voice.
cave anserem

Storyteller
@Allafyrefleorhtlig, I saw your note in Thief Hunt. Apologies about altering the canon of Grobby's story! Thief hunt kinda sits in an alternate reality where unfortunately we sometimes have to mildly godmode other people's characters in providing a reason for why they're part of a crime. It's a strange thing. :party: Really though, my Thief Hunt posts are mainly just "word vomit", as @Mazana once put it.

Black Númenórean
@Allafyrefleorhtlig if you want to take @Dwim speculating that he saw Thalionwen pushing Grobby in a cart towards Barad-dûr as canon for Grobby's story, that's entirely up to you! Chances are you're going to see (as have already happened) any number of people speculating about Grobby being stolen or stealing and what may or may not go on in their cupboard, because that's how the game works. If I accepted as canon every time someone said they saw or thought they saw Moriel stealing something, she'd have a horde bigger than Smaug's :googly: If such references to Grobby are a problem for you, I can remove all mention of them from the OP on the next game.

Lengthy RP and actual interaction between players in the thread are rare in Thief Hunt. They are by no means prohibited, just know that time, tides, and thief hunt updates wait for no one :wink:

Unless I forget to update in which case they don't have any choice and they wait for me.

Warrior of Imladris
I read that in that thief hunt post a delight on the part of Alla that Grobby was taking on a life of his own ... I suspect at this rate he will have his own 'Misadventures of' storytime thread, if not a newsletter dedicated to his nocturnal activities.

That reads wrong, but I stand by it.
The Wood-elves lingered in the twilight of our Sun and Moon, but loved best the stars.

Thain of The Mark
@Dwim Oh no PLEASE don't apologise; I absolutely loved it, so much that I am adopting it as canon!!! Please don't stop; add more stuff to Grobby's story. I love it! I'm so sorry for any misunderstanding that I didn't, but I literally DRINK UP this kind of fun stuff. Thalionwen pushing Grobby in a cart towards Barad-dûr as canon for Grobby's story is so absolutely perfect for those characters that you would not believe it! I danced when I read it. In delight!

@Moriel Oh no please don't remove Grobby; it felt like winning the lottery to see him up there. What I meant by my OOC post is that I am really happy to see a communal building of his story, it delights me. I adore it. It makes my heart soar and my feet do silly happy dances.

@Lirimaer I am so glad you read it that way, that was exactly how I intended it to read. I literally squee in excitement every time someone name-drops Grobby, let along adds him to their story. It makes me so happy that I created a character that people can contribute to the tale of.

I have edited my OOC in Thief Hunt to make it clearer that I was happy and excited, and not at all stressed or annoyed. I'll try and be clearer in my intent next time, apologies if I caused any of you concern or worry :smooch:

Master Torturer
It's Mordor. Cause concern and worry.

Black Númenórean
lol Windy
she/her | Esta tierra no es mía, soy de la nocheósfera.

Storyteller
@Allafyrefleorhtlig, ahh that's great then! :smile: I wasn't sure which way to read it so I thought I'd better check just in case, before I kept re-writing Grobby's history. :lol:

Glad I could contribute to some concern and worry!

Black Númenórean
Oh good, I’m delighted that you’re delighted! :googly: :smooch:

Thain of The Mark
@Dwim Write away my good hobbit, I’m shovelling popcorn down my gullet and drinking it all in.

@Moriel :smooch:

@Winddancer You know me; lawful on the surface, devious underneath. I prefer the worry and concern I cause people to take them by surprise!

Guard of The Mark
@Thalionwen Hunigfolm: SO, I may have stumbled across this picture and mentioned I totally wanted to open a shop called ‘Good Boy’s Good Buys’. And minions, being minions, directed me to the Black Market. Since you had the master post, I figured you were the one to consult about my life long dream of being a good boy with a bunch of good buys?

New Soul
merSILess wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:20 pm @DEATH, would you like to judge the latest case in the Halls of Injustice? I was going to do it myself but there’s a possibility I may be called as a witness. I still will if you don’t want to but you have a good boom-y voice.
Apologies. Lot of work related shenanigans lately and I haven't really had much opportunity to visit. Thank you for the invitation. I assume this opportunity has been and gone and in reality I haven't and won't have a huge amount of time to participate in the near future. I will be back when and as I'm able but can't quite commit to stuff right now.
THIS IS A BLOCK OF TEXT THAT CAN BE ADDED TO POSTS YOU MAKE. THERE IS A 100 CHARACTER LIMIT.

Arien
Arien
@DEATH - No worries! we haven’t made any sort of judgement yet, so you’re welcome to pop in and out if and when you have time to be Ominous and Make Pronouncements. Totally understand about work related shenanigans.
cave anserem

Black Númenórean
Right, I think the OP is current now- Hoppit Darts shuffled down to previous, added The Shadows, Bloody Barges, and Angmar: The Northern Lands! Also adjusted the name of the Annals of Angmar as previously discussed with Windy, to avoid confusion :smooch:

Black Númenórean
BLOODY BARGES will begin at 5pm PDT on Monday, August 24th!
Get in your signups, and make sure you contact me with your choice of craft!

@Lirimaer, I'm missing your choice of craft :smooch:

Warrior of Imladris
Of course you are, I'm only using this as an opportunity to get a character to Fangorn no no serious boating ... um. *ventures into discord*
The Wood-elves lingered in the twilight of our Sun and Moon, but loved best the stars.

Balrog
Quick note to all: I will be moving Carníheniel's introduction to the Angmar thread (she's up north so it fits) and anyone who wants can come around and interact with her if they want. Just don't be the elf she's about to chow down on because that won't end well for you

Thain of The Mark
Forgot to tag in my original post as I was too eager to get it up after already being so late, so @Sil Denafil @Arnyn @Dwarrow Elf @Ta'leus Shieldsong my Halls of Injustice reply is up; now to find someone to RP my expert witness...

Elven Enchanter
@Allacan ob Burzum don’t forget that Zarâm is there with some form of physical evidence! She also is an eyewitness to the identity theft.

Thain of The Mark
@Dimcairien Luiniel I haven’t forgotten, but Kruzheld isn’t going to acknowledge anyone who hasn’t been formally presented or recognised by the court - until then they are all just nameless faces in the audience to him. Also, it’s more fun for my slimy snotball NPC to be caught out in his assumptions by having an unexpected witness step forward that he then has to deal with; he doesn’t know everything, contrary to his own arrogant belief, and personally I *want* him to lose the trial because he is a *nasty piece of work* (insert filtered insults here), even if he is competent and clever lawyer.

ALLACAN EDIT; unless you meant you wanted to be tagged in my replies, in which case I am happy to do so :smooch:

Elven Enchanter
@Allacan ob Burzum Gotcha. Of course the slimeball would act like that. I'll see if there's some way Zarâm can interject herself after your "expert witness" has arrived or if I need to wait for Lord Mouth to acknowledge her. And I'm fairly certain her evidence will force the lizard lawyer to realise that the theft did indeed happen.

And no, not unless you want to. She's been rather quiet, so I just wanted to make certain you remembered her presence.

Arien
Arien
:lol: I feel like Zarâm is the star witness so @Arnyn might dramatically produce her at the end @Dimcairien Luiniel
cave anserem

Ent Ancient
@Dimcairien Luiniel - is Zaram slyly mocking Soreya in the Tower of Knowledge? :lol:

Wainrider
Hi everyone!!!
I just found a link to the new Plaza from a reddit thread yesterday and joined up.
Its so friggin awesome being back seeing all the Kingdoms, activity threads and all the familiar people.
My plaza name used to be Sarpedon.

Black Númenórean
Welcome back, Fenrir!! Let us know if you have any questions or need help figuring out where to start :grin: There's a pajama party just starting up in On the Rocks, so if you want to jump straight into the crazy deep end...

We also have a discord server now, if you're interested in joining us!

Balrog
Welcome @Fenrir! I will second Moriel in recommending the pajama party (but that is the deep in end of Plaza crazy, I will warn you) but regardless, we're glad to have you back!

Wainrider
@Moriel @Frostbite
Thanks! I'll join :) Btw can i rp as a werewolf or something?

Black Númenórean
@Fenrir Absolutely! As long as it's wearing pajamas :googly:

Black Númenórean
@Fenrir, there's also a new account registered as Sarpedon, is that you also? If so, we'll tidy things up and deactivate it :thumbs: At the moment members aren't able to change their own names, but you can give us a poke in the Name Change Requests thread in Admin Messages in the future, and we'll change it for you for free! (no point charge like there was on old plaza)

Wainrider
Hey @Moriel yeah that's me too. I made this second one cause that one wasn't getting activated. How do I deactivate the Sarpedon one?

Black Númenórean
@Fenrir Weird, it looks like it's active. I don't think you can do anything to deactivate it, but I can go ahead and delete it for you if you're going to commit to your current profile! Just say the word :thumbs:

Wainrider
@Moriel sure, go for it :)

Black Númenórean
Done :grin:

Balrog
Hey everyone! So the member of the month voting is nearly up and there haven’t been many votes. I would like to implore you all to take a quick 5 minutes to do so. Even if you are not active, I still implore you to take the time and vote. You don’t need to have been super active the last month to stop by and tell the admins who you think is the coolest or the best or your favorite writer. Why am I so invested you ask ( okay you didn’t but I’m gonna say it anyway). I came up with the idea to let us, the non admin members of the Plaza pick someone special. I really want to see that idea succeed because it can help draw us together more as a group and can say to someone that we as a whole enjoy their work and their company. We’ve got a few more days, and you all have 5 minutes to push the envelope button on the bottom of the page.

I’m also just posting this in the OOC threads because it’s not an announcement so much as it’s a plea to engage with.

Wainrider
@Mama's Murder Muffin Hey! Can you give the link to the voting page, or say what's the thread name?