Thief Hunt::Series V

"Going to Mordor!" Cried Pippin. "I hope it won’t come to that!"
Black Númenórean
Welcome to Mordor’s Thief Hunt!

Series V

Good news! Something has been stolen and a thief is at large! Now, even though we just love thieves, this one is just a little too cunning for our Dark Lord’s liking. He wants the thief found immediately, or else he’ll get upset, and you know what happens when he gets angry! This thief could be one from among Sauron’s own ranks, or an exceedingly clever free person, which would be even more appalling! So help us find the thief, before we are roasted in the fires of Mount Doom!

To Appease Our Lord, Find

The Thief’s Name
The Item The Thief Stole
Where The Thief Is Hiding

Please listen to the entire recording as our menu options have changed

Possible Thief’s Name

Narv - Moriel - Sil - Uruva - Winddancer - Frost - Blinky - Fleeg - Reg - The Toad of Consistency - Thalionwen - Zôr (but which one?) - Elenhir - Ducky - Fuin - Pearl - Dumb Orc - Jorgy - The Georges - Dwim - Naelia - Swiltang - Búbosha

Possible Items Stolen

Írimë’s Wine Stash – Cat O’ Nine Tails - Grond - Hauberk of Angmar - Ketchup the Fell Beast - One Rotting Leg O’ Las - One Ring - One Huge Barrel Full of Hobbits - One George - Pink Tricycle - Sequined Bumflap Onesie - Lava Snake - A Dead Chicken - Swiltang's Dignity

Possible Hiding Spots

Barad-dûr – On the Rocks - Cirith Ungol - Dhâd Bûrz – Those Shadowy Rafters – Beneath a Rock - Halls of Injustice - Black Market - That Dark Corner - Towers of No Return – Minas Morgûl – The Morannon – A Cloud of Ash - Uhhhhhhh Spa

Traps

The thief was obviously very crafty, for they have left a few traps for the unsuspecting. A maximum of three of each of the following traps will be in play each round. Which ones? Who knows!

Heart of Orodruin: Enter this place and you will immediately pass through a portal into the very heart of Mount Doom where you suffer a fiery death, and cannot play for the remainder of this round (until the thief has been found and we start again)! You are free however to describe your torment or/and death and haunting of other players.

Variety of Snakes: In one place, the thief has left a variety of poisonous and non-poisonous snakes to attack whoever enters. If you are unlucky enough to cross these snakes, you are bitten and must RP your way out of the situation before hunting again.

Tar Pit: Here the thief has cunningly concealed a deep, wide tar pit beneath the floor and you must swim or otherwise make your way out of the hot, sticky morass before hunting again.

Murder Hornets: The thief has managed to relocate a nest of enormous, deadly, ANGRY hornets from the far east into this place. You must figure out a way to escape with your life before hunting again.

Shelob's Lair: Herself is branching (webbing?) out! Shelob has decided to expand her territory, and you have stumbled upon her. You must RP your escape before hunting again.

Ratking: Here you happen upon a huge ratking. Normally when one discovers a massive group of rats who have gotten tangled and stuck together by the tails such as this, they're already dead... not this time. The ratking is alive, and full of rage. It attacks you en masse, and you must fight it off before hunting again!

IMPORTANT: With the exception of the Heart of Orodruin, just because a location has a trap, does NOT mean it isn't the correct location. You might just have to try more than once to get the right combination, springing the trap each time until you get it right...

How The Game Works

All participants will post before a ~24 hour deadline has passed. When the deadline arrives, hints, a new ~24 hour deadline, and any other information concerning the game (eg traps) will be posted. The process is repeated until either one or more person posts the correct combination to solve the mystery. At that time, the participant that has derived the correct answer will be told at the following deadline, and a new round begins!

The Rules of The Game

1. All posts 300+ characters and IC
2. You must post name of thief, place where the thief is hiding, and item that they stole in bold and the according color somewhere in your post
3. You may post the same combination as another player
4. You may join the game at any time
5. All are welcome

SERIES RANKING
If you win a Thief Hunt, you will become a Minion 1st Rank Hunter. Nothing special happens.

If you win another, you will become a Minion 2nd Rank Hunter. When you reach this rank, you may choose to specialize in Thieves, Places, or Items, and will be able to guess two possible Thieves, Places, or Items, according to which specialization you choose, in each post.

If you win again, you become a Minion 3rd Rank Hunter, and will not be affected by any traps, in addition to the 2nd Rank abilities. If you stumble on a trap, you may redirect it to the player of your choice.

The next rank is Minion 4th Rank Hunter, where you again choose your specialization and post two Thieves, Places, or Items, according to which specialization you choose, in addition to the 3rd Rank abilities.

The final rank is Minion 5th Rank Hunter. When someone attains this rank, they are declared the Series Winner and a new series begins.

The list of series ranks will be edited into the OP as the series progresses.

Series II Ranks
1st Rank Hunter: Sil, Boro, Lady of Shadow
2nd Rank Hunter: Frost
3rd Rank Hunter:
4th Rank Hunter:

Series Winners
Series I: Moriel
Series II: Dwim
Series III: Frost
Series IV: Fuin
Evil is a lifestyle | she/her

Balrog
Hello new fronds! I’m Hoppla the Warg, but you can call me Hoppla. I’m playing the game of “Fetch" today and I was hoping you’d be able to help me out. My best frond, a very nice and very smort orc named Sarghêst told it was a game I should play to helping intellimajents and recall. He threw a stick, a very heckin big one, and I knew exactly what to do. It was like instinct. I ran in the opposite direction. Fetch, you see, is a game of chess. Sarghêst threw the stick away so I had a chance for a head start, because he’s just the best like that. Anyways, I ran, my tongue hanging in the wind without a care in the world. But then, in the Blinky of an eye, I became lost. See, is never been out of my crate until I met Sarghêst and when we met he took me to a new home. There were tons of new smells and things to mark but I didn’t get a chance to do any of that before the game of Fetch. I think he wanted me to learn on the fly, or the run, whichever. Isn’t that the best? Anyways, I got lost a bit and I’m hoping you can help me. I don’t want to do Sarghêst a concern so the sooner I get back, the better. I remember running passed a, hmm, I can’t quite remember, Uhhhhh, Spa, maybe? What's a spa? It sounds like a place they eat spa-ghetti, right? I thought I saw the stick there though and I didn’t want to be seen yet so I had to go without finding any spaghetti. Do you like spaghetti? I do. I love it. Anyways, I ran passed it and I nearly ran into a very big and stronk looking orc. He was even bigger than Sarghêst! It was a heckin bamboozle of a discovery. I think his name was Swiltang's Dignity because another orc he was with yelled it at me. Anyways, thank you for you help, new frond! I will see you later, and if the stick comes by, tell him I went the other way.
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Arien
Arien
Búbosha had always fancied herself as an investigator. Being a journalist was a noble career, and spending all of her time writing copy for Mordorian propaganda was starting to wear her down. It was time to get Back to Business, her Nose to the Ground and her Ear to the Grindstone.

There was possibly a mistake in there somewhere, but Bubösha couldn’t quite work out where it was. She couldn’t even be clear on where the accent was in her name all of the time. Only that it existed. She liked to feel it gave her some class.

Tiptoeing delicately along in her toad slip-ons, Bûbosha peeped out of the Halls of Injustice - her usual place of work. As she did so she spotted a glimpse of fair hair. Was that Thalionwen - and was she clutching a Dead Chicken? Buboshå licked her lips.
cave anserem

Orc Chieftain
After getting out of the trap that the Elf hunter known as Fuin set upon her last time around, Naelia now found herself wandering around Dhad Burz trying to hunt her down. She was in the Pits below the Dark Tower for two reasons; one, to hunt down Mordor's latest thief when some evidence she collected pointed in this direction, and two, to see if the rumors about Lathana's escape were true.

"Just when I turn my back, that nuisance of a half-sister of mine tries something else in an attempt to escape!" the minioness thought to herself, keeping her anger in check, since she would first have to deal with the Dark Land's latest thief; Lathana could wait for a later time.

Just as she was heading around a corner to go back up to her home base in the Dark Tower, Naelia could have sworn that she came across the Pink Tricycle yet again. "Someone wants to keep this item of foo out of sight." the minioness thought to herself as she began to track down the Elf that had set a trap upon her the last time. "If only she hadn't ranked up enough to be protected from such traps..." Naelia thought to herself, which is something she wished to rectify this time around.
He who commands the Ruling Ring... commands all

Black Númenórean
The thief has NOT been found!
The item HAS been found!
The hiding place HAS been found!

@Lady of Shadow, within Dhâd Bûrz you have stumbled upon the Ratking! Here you happen upon a huge ratking. Normally when one discovers a massive group of rats who have gotten tangled and stuck together by the tails such as this, they're already dead... not this time. The ratking is alive, and full of rage. It attacks you en masse, and you must fight it off before hunting again!

Balrog
Hey you guys! It’s me again, Hoppla the Warg! How are you doing? I’m hungry myself. You wouldn’t happen to have a Dead Chicken would you? I love dead chickens, they’re juicy and scrumptious and taste like…chicken! Haha! The game of chase? I forgot about that. I’m still a bit lost, I’ll admit. I hope Sarghêst isn’t mad. He seems like the kind of person who could be very annoyed. I should find something to bring him just in case. What do you think? Should I get him a chicken too? Probably not. I would probably eat the chicken before I gave it to him and he might be upset by that. Should I go to the Uhhhhhhhhhh, Spa? Sorry, I keep forgetting what it’s called, it sounds like spaghetti and I keep getting hungry. What kind of stuff is in a spa? Spaghetti? Would Sarghêst like spaghetti? It seems a little too silly for him. He’s a very serious orc and doesn’t like silly things. I saw a goblin once who was not very serious, he was quite silly and fun. He said lots of bad words when I was by the spa. I guess a spa is where goblins live? It makes sense, I think. His name was Fleeg. It was a very funny name. I thought he wanted to play because he was waving his arms like a crazy man and hopped around like a frog. Are goblins and frogs related? They both smell the same. I’ve eaten frogs before. I haven't eaten a goblin. Have you? Do you know what they taste like? Is it like frogs? Oh! I know! I’ll get Sarghêst a frog! No, a goblin! Wonderful! Thank you frond! I hope I get to see you again soon!
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Arien
Arien
Bûboshá

She rounded the corner, but Thali - if that was who it had been - was gone. But the aroma of Dead Chicken was still filling the air. Cautiously, Bubøsha leaned down to tie her shoelaces (pulling the toad’s tongues out and knotting them), listening intently. The air was growing warm, the underGrond vents powered by volcanic heat that gave the Uhhhhh Spa its relaxing sauna, and Bübosha thought for a moment she saw Ducky through the clouds of steam.
cave anserem

Black Númenórean
The item has NOT been found!

Chief Counsellor of Gondor
Globuk

One of the first places Globuk wanted to go with his new warg, was the Uhhhhh Spa. It was as vile of an establishment as any orc could find in Mordor. After Gripper took some bites out of him he needed to relax and heal from his wounds. Globuk stopped outside one of the steam rooms.

"Now Gripper, one of the first duties you need to learn is, Guard. Got it?" Globuk said. Gripper cocked his head to the side and didn't take his eyes of Globuk's pockets. "Right. So you stay here, and guard the entrance. No one else is to come in."

Globuk started walking into the room but his warg followed. "No, no. Stop. Stay, Gripper. Guard the entrance. No one else is to enter. If they do, alert Globuk! Got it?" The young warg continued staring at Globuk's pockets. "Oh right! I almost forgot. Here you go!" Globuk had stuffed his pockets with food for his warg before leaving the pits. Gripper snatched up the scrap of meat and laid outside the entrance.

"Ha! Wargs are easy!" he chuckled and everyone told him he could never train one.

Like most other times here the Dumb Orc dozed off in the steam room. Unlike other times he was abruptly woken up with something metal clanging into his knees. "Ack!" he shouted. "What the...a Pink Tricycle!?" If someone else came in and saw Globuk with a Pink Tricycle he would have a lot of explaining to do!

"Gripper! Gripper!" he yelled, but he couldn't find his warg. He did catch sight of someone else in the room before they sprinted away. Why that looked like Dwim! "Oi, what's a hobbit doing in Mordor? Gripper! Guards! Dwim has simply walked into Uhhhhh Spa! Where the Udun is my warg?"

Gripper was still outside the entrance still chewing on scraps of meat. "What the...I could have sworn I never gave you those pieces?" Globuk reached into his pockets and they were empty. All the food he had in them was gone. Gripper sneaked in and snatched it all out of his pockets while he was sleeping. "Come on. We're going back to the pits."
Last edited by Boromir88 on Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arien
Arien
Buboshâ pattered through the Uhhhhh Spa. The groans - not entirely pleasurable - of clients were muffled by the hiss of steam and occasional loud cracking noises, presumably somehow related to the troll chiropractors. Bübosha wondered if they were properly licensed, and brightened slightly. If they weren’t, this would probably result in more paperwork in the Halls of Injustice, and overtime for Būbosha!

She rounded a corner and, distracted by some of the odd décor: was that a pink tricycle? bumped into Reg. “Oh!” the small goblin exclaimed, backing away. “Excuse me.”
cave anserem

Balrog
Sarghêst was not amused. Was he ever amused? There was that time his brother had gotten his head stuck in a log on a dare back in the Dead Marshes and drowned because he couldn’t get his head out. That had been amusing. Hoppla, as loyal as he seemed to be, was dumb as banana glue. He had meant to start teaching the warg his name with a simple game of fetch, but Hoppla apparently had other ideas about fetch meant. The derpy, cross-eyed runt had charged off in the other direction! Sarghêst had managed to keep his cool and not throttle the people near him but the effort was herculean. So now the search was on to find Hoppla. The orc had a bad feeling about where this chase was going to lead him.

Thank the Dark Powers Hoppla was not difficult to follow. He left a trail that even that hairy, half fungus Reg could follow. If only it were so easy though. Hoppla was apparently the most distracted warg that had ever been born, his trail lead Sarghêst around for hours in no coherent path whatsoever. It was as if the warg had zigzagged his way across the entirely of the black lands to sniff everything he saw. The good news, so far, was that he had not found a warg corpse. As much as this creature vexed him, he still had modicum of affection for the creature.

He followed the trail to the Uhhhhhhh Spa and had to stop and look at the monstrosity. Someone had believed this was a good idea? Sarghêst looked aghast at the building that looked like it was ready to fall over at the merest hint of wind. He read the sign and then it made sense. It was owned by Reg and Fleeg. Who else? Sarghêst understood a little bit more as to why Swiltang’s Dignity seemed to take a hit every time Fleeg was brought up.

Black Númenórean
“C‘mon, you,” Reg said sternly to his warg pup. Érnié eyed him and followed with awkward and halting steps. The pup was still young enough as to not have full control over his movements. Reg sighed. “You best learn to walk better, and fast.”

Érnié gave him a sad stare. He hated to disappoint his master so soon after they had met. He was determined to prove his worth! And so he was more deliberate with each forward placement of a paw, and tried his best to hold himself steady any time he felt he was teetering awkwardly out of balance.

The wargling and Reg made their way to Uhhhhhhhh Spa and promptly ran into Búbosha. “Oi! Watch it,” Reg growled. He then recalled that, as an owner of the place, he might want to be a tad more obsequious - though obviously he did not know the term. “Errr,” he went on. “Hope you’re enjoyin’ yer time here!” He smiled and gave an awkward half-bow, then scooted along past the goblin and his Pink Tricycle and into the fungal gardens.

“This here is where we grow the shrooms,” Reg narrated to his little warg. “You’ll be comin’ here a lot with me. But don’t you dare eat none of em!” Érnié stared and woofed his comprehension. Reg scratched his head and the two moved into the café. “Here’s where customers can eat and stuff,” Reg told Érnié. He looked at a pile of meat scraps and decided to try teaching his pup its new name. “Me Reg,” he said, pointing to himself with a hairy thumb. “You Érnié.”

The pup tilted its head at its name. “Huh,” Reg said. He gave it a piece of meat, which the wargling swallowed happily. “Érnie,” he repeated, withholding a treat. The pup tilted its head the other way. “Reg.” Nothing.

Reg scratched his chin. Surely the warg didn’t know its own name already?? It had taken him at least six years to learn his own name, and that was with his mother, father, and Art all shouting it at him all the time. How could this warg know its name so soon???

He picked up a hunk of meat. “Bark if you are Érnie,” he said tentatively. There was a moment’s pause before the warg went “wooof!” Reg was stunned.
she/her | Esta tierra no es mía, soy de la nocheósfera.

Black Númenórean
The item HAS been found!

Balrog
“Hoppla! Hoppla!” Sarghêst’s shouts at this point were verging on apoplectic. The Uhhhhhhhh Spa had been no help, but then again when you're run by the world’s most obnoxious goblin and the world’s highest orc, being helpful is not likely something you're going to be well known for. All he was able to extract from the pair was that Hoppla had been seen wandering around near the kitchens and a gift certificate for a free round of acupuncture. Upon leaving the establishment, Sarghêst congratulated himself on not murdering both of them right then and there.

However, he didn't have time to stew on injustices and the waltzing tumors that commit them. He needed to find Hoppla before some Dumb Orc found him and decided warg was a delicacy worth trying.

“Hoppla! Hoppla get your cross-eyed butt over here!” He was halfway to the Black Market when he heard a thunderous crash and the baying of a hound. Sarghêst, curious, followed the sounds but was nearly knocked over by the force of Hoppla bounding into him at breakneck speed. The wargling jumped straight into the orc's arms and licked his face. Sarghêst was so relieved that he’d found the idiot wargling that he didn’t immediately drop him to the ground.

“You nearly got us both in trouble. Do you understand that?” Hoppla sat, his tongue lolling out to the side. “No, no you don't. Do you even know your name? Hoppla?”

The wargling tilted his head to the side and yipped.

“Well, at least I’m doing better than Swiltang's Dignity after he goes through that spa. C'mon on then. We have to get back to the Warg Pits.”

Arien
Arien
Buboshâ blinked rapidly and uncertainly at Reg’s rapid change of pace. Possibly he had been partaking too much of his own treatments, she concluded as she scurried off down another corridor in the Uhhhh Spa. The place was certainly weird-looking. Its very existence brought shame upon Swiltang’s Dignity. Bûbosha shook her head sadly.
cave anserem

Black Númenórean
Reg and his warg went to Uhhhhh Spa
And Reg found himself in shameless awe
Of the smarts of his pup,
Who to Zôr said, “What’s up?!”
Then grabbed Swiltang’s Dignity with one paw

Orc Chieftain
It seemed that while Naelia was inquiring about that nuisance half-sister of hers that may have escaped, she ran into a new trap that totally caught her off guard: a rat king!

"What the heck is that?!" the minioness thought to herself, as a rather odd looking creature came charging towards her, apparently attempting to take her out so that Mordor's latest thief would get away with whatever it was that they had taken. "Not on my watch!" Naelia thought to herself, as she ducked a strike from one of the rat king's top rats. It looked like a whole bunch of rats fused together that most would think was dead, but was anything but.

As the rat king came at her from a different direction, the minioness remembered that she just happened to have her rather nasty looking whip with her this time and snapped it towards the supposedly dead rat that was trying his hardest to separate so that he could come after her on his own. "How is such a thing alive?" Naelia wondered as she ducked another attempted blow, but this time, she had a bit of a problem; her whip was still lying on the floor where she dropped it when she attempted to slash at the creature that was attempting to cut her life short. "Oh no you don't, I've already been dead once, and I'm not planning on repeating the experience any time soon!" she snapped back at the one creature she hadn't come across before, as she rolled out of the way to avoid being struck by her own whip. "You're as bad as the thief!" she yelled in the most menacing tone she could muster, before she ducked again, but managed to stick her foot out in an attempt to trip up the rather odd looking creature while she took back her whip.

As the creature seemed to lose his footing, the one rat that tried to separate attempted to do so again, and while another one was trying to figure out what he was doing, lost his footing and fell as a heap on the floor, so busy trying to get back up that the rat king forgot all about the minioness it had been trying to take out and screeched in protest of being tricked so easily.

Satisfied on her victory, Naelia went over to the rat king and attempted to step on it to offer it a warning when she heard her trusty Orcish helper, Orngor, shouting her name as if his patience was about to wear thin (which wasn't that far from the truth, but it wasn't the minioness that was making him lose his patience, as she was about to find out). She sighed as she informed him that she would be with him in a second (that seemed more like an eternity when she had to deal with prisoners that just didn't want to co-operate, whether they were annoying family members or not).

Black Númenórean
The thief HAS been found!

Balrog
Fleeg was tired. The Uhhhhhhhh Spa was doing fantastic on its first day. Bubosha had dropped by and Fleeg had been witty and engaging and funny, or at least he would have been if he had not been so tongue tied. In his mind, he’d been clever and full of biting comedic timing. It was too bad he got so flustered around her. How was he going to give her a centipede if he couldn't say anything intelligent? He was a brilliant businessgoblin! He’d find a way to show off to her. He just need to practice in the mirror. Should he brush his teeth too? It had been awhile. It couldn’t hurt his chances.

On his way to the bathroom to begin the arduous task of teeth brushing, Fleeg tripped over a Pink Tricycle and went flying into a wall (he’d been running which is not advised when near an abandoned tricycle). After peeling himself off the floor and rubbing the giant bump forming on him like a second head, he kicked the tricycle, which was also not advised. He was met with this outburst with a broken foot. Unsatisfied, Fleeg hobbled pathetically down the hallway. If he ran in Bubosha, he'd just say he kicked that derpy looking wargling out of the spa and it tried to eat him so he had to fight it off.

Whilst brushing his teeth, Fleeg muttered angrily about the Dumb Orc that left a tricycle in the middle of the hallway. He worked himself up into such a frenzy of goblinoid rage that he accidently stabbed himself with the toothbrush. Ahhhhhhh! Someone was going to pay for this!

Arien
Arien
Bübosha was lost.

The hot steam filling the Uhhhh Spa seemed to be going to her head - or perhaps that was just the scent of the terrible mushrooms Reg had been cultivating. Bubòsha was a clammy little goblin and none too keen on saunas. Cursing, she spun round to see that she had apparently travelled in a circle - because there was the pink tricycle again. Where was the way out? Was this whole place just an elaborate trap?!
cave anserem

Black Númenórean
Reg and Érnié continued their tour of Uhhhhhhh Spa. “I’m gonna have to teach yeh to run alongside my trike,” Reg said, gesturing backwards at his Pink Tricycle. As he looked back he thought he saw a Dumb Orc trying to ride it away. “Oi! You! Get away from my trike!!” Reg screamed. Érnié growled and barked. “Good boy, Érnié,” Reg said. He gave the wargling another bit of meat.

Black Númenórean
DING DING DING!

The thief has been caught!! @Sil has successfully apprehended that wily thief Búbosha in her hiding place in Uhhhhhhh Spa, where she had made off with the Pink Tricycle. Sil, you are now a Minion First Rank Hunter! Nothing special happens.

As always in Mordor, thievery is rife, and it's time to set out after one again... a new culprit is abroad, the traps have been reset, Thief Hunt Round Two, commence!

Orc Chieftain
OOC@Moriel: I assume I can hunt again?

Learning from her trusty Orcish helper, Orngor, that Lathana had been recaptured, Naelia could once again concentrate on tracking down Mordor's latest thief. "Why that Elf agreed to come live with me in the first place is beyond me. Why couldn't she just stay in Northern Mirkwood where she belonged? Who cares if she has no other family? I'm not considered family material!" the minioness thought to herself as she began to hunt for clues as to the whereabouts of the latest thief to get her mind off her annoying excuse for a half-sister.

This time, Naelia found herself searching in a new location known as The Shadowy Rafters. "What kind of a place is this, and why haven't I come across it before?" the minioness thought to herself as she came across One Huge Barrel Full of Hobbits of all things. Just as she was about to wonder of what use the thief would have for this item, she came across the Hobbit, Dwim, perhaps trying to rescue his brethren? "Not on my watch!" Naelia thought to herself as she began to track the Halfling to see if what she was contemplating was actually the case.

Balrog
Finishing brushing his teeth, Fleeg felt minty fresh and clean. He hated it. The mint of the ‘minty fresh’ turned out to be catnip. Thankfully, there is nothing in goblin blood that was part cat so the hallucinogenic effects of the herb had no effect on him. Or… maybe it did. Why were there three Regs in the spa today? No, that’s not the question he should be asking. Why were there three Regs period. Did one of them put the catnip in his toothpaste? Fleeg fell over and started seeing kaleidoscopic colors in the ceiling When had they installed that? He watched to utter fascination. This was much better than Reg’s belly mushrooms. He didn’t feel like he was on the verge of gagging at every moment.

Then, just like that, the trip was over. Well that was anticlimactic. He needed to find one the Regs and ask if they put the drug in his toothpaste, and if they had anymore. Maybe he could give some to Bubosha. Bubosha! Fleeg suddenly remembered why he had brushed his teeth in the first place! Where had she gone? She hadn’t left yet, had she? He prayed she hadn’t left and gone to On the Rocks, he was still banned from the pub.

That was a problem he would have to solve later though. One of the Regs (were there actually three after all?) had just rounded the corner carrying a Rotting Leg-O’-Las from the massage room to the café. Dinner was apparently going to be long pig shank tonight, Fleeg’s favorite! “Hey! You! Did you put catnip in my toothpaste! Don’t lie to me you empty-headed blatherskite!”

Black Númenórean
Dumb Orc having been thoroughly shouted at, Reg and Érnié moved along, through the yoga studio and past the bathrooms. As they passed, a dazed-looking Fleeg emerged, his breath sharp as a razor with the scent of catnip. He then promptly fell over.

Érnié padded forward to sniff at the little goblin. “Back, Érnié,” Reg commanded. He had not yet trained the wargling to understand “back,” but the pup was growing to know his name by now and turned to look obediently at his master. Reg tossed him another scrap of meat. “Good warg,” he grunted. And now Fleeg was yelling.

“I swear by The Georges, Fleeg, if you don’t cut out that screechin’, I’ll choke you on a Dead Chicken!” He kicked randomly in Fleeg’s general direction. “Ahhh, go die Beneath a Rock,” he muttered.

“Ehh, he’s prolly just high,” Reg confided to his warg. “C’mon, Érnié, let’s go.”

Black Númenórean
((OOC @Lady of Shadow Yes and I apologize for forgetting to tag you AGAIN!! You know the rules, if you've done your time and know you should be getting to post again and I haven't tagged you, please assume it was my mistake and jump back in :googly:))

The item HAS been found!

@Jorgy Underash within On the Rocks you have stumbled upon Shelob's Lair! Herself is branching (webbing?) out! Shelob has decided to expand her territory, and you have stumbled upon her. You must RP your escape before hunting again.

"Come on. We're going back to the pits." Globuk said to his warg. Gripper seemed excited at the opportunity to head back to the place he was born and he was trotting far ahead of his master. "Hoy! not too far now." At least a new warg will get me strong and fit.

To Globuk's surprise, Gripper had stopped, but it wasn't because he was obeying his master's command. Gripper was furiously digging at the ground Beneath a Rock. "What do you think you are doing?" He tried lifting up the rock, but it was too heavy and he couldn't get a good grip underneath it. "Look-y here, luckily someone left this shovel here. On the wooden handle the name Reg was carved.

Globuk dug enough dirt away to get his fingers underneath and manged to lift it up to get a look Beneath a rock. Gripper picked up what looked like the Rotting Leg-O’-Las.

His warg tried taking off with the treat but Globuk was quick and got a hold of the foot to the Rotting Leg-O’-Las. "Come on now. You don't want that. It's all rotten, all dead. We'll get you better food at the pits." Gripper wasn't letting go. "Oh ho. You have a strong grip too! But not as strong as Globuk's!" He gave one more violent tug, putting his back and his full weight into it.

The rotting appendage tore apart at the ankle joint and now Globuk was on the ground holding a dead foot. "Icck! I hate feet that's attached to a living person. Gross" and he threw the foot as far as he could.
A Loquacious Loreman.
he/him
Tis the season of Sean Bean prequel shows

Balrog
Reg was nowhere to be found, any of them, so Fleeg decided to forgo asking about the catnip for now. All the search made him very, very thirsty and, since he was planning on going to the pub in the first place, thought he might as well clock out early. Yes, it was 9 in the morning but that one hour had been very taxing. When goblins brush their teeth, it’s a big deal.

When he got to the bar, he was stymied by a note that said “CLOSED: go away Fleeg and Reg”. Clearly Írimë was not about to forgive them for… whatever it was that they had done to get kicked out. Honestly, Fleeg couldn’t remember half the bull shire they did in there and there was a lot that would get them kicked out at any given moment. Still…

Fleeg was thirsty and he was not about the let some sign telling him personally to go away stop him! He jimmied the lock, which gave way a little too easily, and waltzed inside. Literally. Fleeg waltzed with himself as he came into the pub.

But there was something sticky on the floor. Fleeg sneered and guffaw as he stomped in the mess. He thought the pubmistress ran a tighter, cleaner ship that this. He was going have fun making… a… mess…

That wasn’t spilled beer or blood he was dancing in. This was

Oh no!

How had she—

When did –

This was not okay! Fleeg fled as hairy pedipalps began to twitch and come to life. He had had one too many encounters with the giant eight-legged hellion before and only narrowly escaped. He was not about to risk another. He shot out of the pub like a bolt of snot color lightning.

Orc Chieftain
Convinced that she may have gotten the hiding place right, Naelia continued to search through The Shadowy Rafters for clues as to who Mordor's latest thief was, as well as track down the item that had mysteriously gone missing.

Searching an area of the Rafters that she hadn't noticed when she first came across this possible hiding spot, the minioness came across a Dead Chicken of all things and wondered if it was the same chicken she observed when she tried to conquer the Might part of the Towers of No Return. "This particular fowl looks familiar..." Naelia thought to herself, as she continued to hunt for clues as to the thief's identity.

Just as she thought that she had tracked down the Hobbit that she had suspected earlier, she came across The Georges, obviously up to no good. "Perhaps I was mistaken about the Halfling after all." the minioness surmised as she began to track these new "persons of interest" through her native homeland.

Black Númenórean
The item HAS been found!

@Jorgy Underash you may now hunt again!

Arien
Arien
Búbosha hung upside down, sadly, from the Shadowy Rafters. She had found a truly exciting leaflet in the Uhhhh Spa which enthused about the benefits of aerial, and Bubösha had resolved to try it. Hence here she hung, by her ankle, in quite the predicament. She swung back and forth like a pendulum. Someone had a dead chicken and the scent of it was taunting her. Futilely Buboshá stretched up to try to free herself. Why would nobody help her? She would even take Reg’s assistance right now.
cave anserem

Dumb orc was returning to the scene of the crime Beneath a Rock. He was hoping Gripper could pick up the scent from whoever buried the Rotting Leg-O’-Las there.

"You were no good at guard duty, but maybe you're a better tracker and hunting warg. Now where did I leave that shovel?" he said scratching his head. He figured perhaps Gripper could smell who the shovel belonged to he would find the thief's trail. "I could have sworn I left that shovel right here." But he also could have sworn the shovel had Reg's name on it and he was obviously wrong about that.

"Ha! These footprints aren't mine!" Globuk cackled triumphantly. "Someone did come back here! Come on Gripper! We have a trail! Follow these footprints!" Gripper sulkily looked up at him. "Boy. You are a hungry pup!" He tossed Gripper another piece of meat from his pocket. "Now! Follow this trail!"

Gripper just looked up at him, with the same dumb but now happy expression. "Huh, ok, I suppose the trail is clear enough for me. Don't go wandering too far!" Gripper laid down, content to chew on the tough meat. He did not have to go too far and that's when he saw someone had come back for the shovel and was digging in a new spot; The Georges!
A Loquacious Loreman.
he/him
Tis the season of Sean Bean prequel shows

Balrog
Sok was in a very good mood. His acupuncture needles had arrived! Fleeg had ordered them late and poor Sok was worried he’d have to use something else like knitting needles. But the Dark Lord be praised! He would not have to use an inferior design to work his alternative medicinal magic. The needles weren’t great, how could a goblin know what kind of needles a troll needs for acupuncture, but they would do in a pinch, or until Sok saved up enough money to buy his own needles. He was getting paid, right? Fleeg and Reg had been a little unclear on that point, but Sok assumed everything would be fine.

He had finished counting them again, there were still 174 needles, when he heard something banging about in the room next door. That was very odd, very odd indeed because he thought the room next door was a storage closet. Well, he didn’t know for certain, he’d only ever been in his acupuncture room and reception so it was possible he was mistaken. He looked longingly at the piping hot plate of Rotting Leg-O'-Las he had planned in eating when he was dine counting and sighed. Secind breakfast was going to have to wait.

Sok lumbered through the door to his room and knocked on the door next to his with a heavy knuckle. The door swung, or rather burst, open. He needed to be more careful, he told himself, sometimes he didn’t know his own strength. What he saw startle and confused him. There was a goblin hanging upside down from a chain on the Shadowy Rafters above.

“You, help?” despite having a robust inner monologue, Sok’s vocabulary was somewhat limited.

Black Númenórean
DING DING DING!

The thief has been caught!! @Boromir88 has successfully apprehended those wily thieves The Georges in their hiding place Beneath A Rock, where they had made off with One Rotting Leg O' Las. Boro, you are now a Minion First Rank Hunter! Nothing special happens.

As always in Mordor, thievery is rife, and it's time to set out after one again... a new culprit is abroad, the traps have been reset, Thief Hunt Round Three, commence!

Ahh, finally luck's on my side, thought Dumb Orc. He returned to what was a hole, but it was his hole; his home. His pup was yelping again, looking at his pockets. "I don't know why you think you should get a reward?" he said to Gripper. "I don't know what you're worser at, guarding or tracking a clear trail?"

His warg was defiantly making even more noise. "Oh, alright, alright. I forgot you did find the rotting leg. No, way I was going to touch that thing. You deserve part of the credit." He tossed another piece of meat from his pocket to his warg. Gripper gleefully caught it and retreated to That Dark Corner of their hole.

"Yea, methinks we will make an excellent team." He couldn't remember the last time his life was going this well. It was time for his own special treat; the Cat O’ Nine Tails. Dumb Orc just loved the look of it, the feel, and particularly the harsh cracking sound it could make.

Balrog
Sok was confused. He was often confused with things that did not include acupuncture. Was there a goblin hanging upside down or not? He thought there was but when he came into the room, he didn’t see anything. He had even asked if they needed assistance, something difficult for him as speech was not his strong suit, but he might have been asking empty air. There was probably just a possum or a raccoon hanging out up there. Sok liked possums and raccoons. They weren’t like acupuncture whatsoever, but they were fuzzy and cute and that’s what mattered. Sadly, there were no possums or raccoons in here. What was that rattling about then? One George? Sok knew there were more than one, but he couldn’t really count more than one of them because they were very tubelike.

Sok went back to his acupuncture room, his head hanging low for lack of fuzzy friends. Fleeg was screaming in reception, something about a horse, but Sok was too sad to go look. He wouldn’t have gone to look anyways because he didn’t like it when the goblin yelled. He was very loud and very shrill and it hurt Sok’s ears! Sok believed they could probably hear it all the way in Minas Morgûl! He hoped the trolls from Minas Morgûl didn’t come down here. They used to browbeat Sok into taking part in their war games. He hated having to wear armor, it was always uncomfortable and it smelled bad.

Well, whatever was going on out there was going to have wait. Sok needed to count his needles again, they helped him relax. Maybe he’d even get a patron soon! He was very excited to try acupuncture out on someone who was not a troll or a sand filled dummy.

Orc Chieftain
"So, the newcomer was successful in apprehending the latest thief! Well, perhaps I'll nab the next one!" Naelia thought to herself as she heard the results of the latest hunt.

Getting back to business, the minioness now found herself searching in a new location once again, the Uhhhhhhhh Spa whatever that happened to be. Looking around, she realized it was a spa run by two goblin brothers. Not brothers by family, it seemed to be more of a "brothers in crime" type of thing. "This might solve my problem on how to punish Lathana for attempting to escape." Naelia thought to herself when she heard that they were looking for a receptionist. This way, she could be more closely watched, and if she attempted to escape, they could simply feed her to one of the wargs in the Warg Pits.

Putting the thought aside and getting back to the task at hand, the minioness came across the Hauberk of Angmar lying on its side in a nearby corner. "Now who would want to make off with this particular item?" Naelia thought to herself as she tried to to track down the person responsible for such an act. Out of the corner of her eye, she thought that she saw The Toad of Consistency hop away with a guilty look on his amphibian face.

Black Númenórean
The item HAS been found!
The hiding place has NOT been found!

@Boromir88 within That Dark Corner you have stumbled upon the Ratking! Here you happen upon a huge ratking. Normally when one discovers a massive group of rats who have gotten tangled and stuck together by the tails such as this, they're already dead... not this time. The ratking is alive, and full of rage. It attacks you en masse, and you must fight it off before hunting again!

Orc Chieftain
"Did I manage to track down the thief's hiding place already?" Naelia thought to herself as she continued to search a place that she hadn't come across before. Not entirely convinced, the minioness decided to search in a new place in case she was mistaken. She could always backtrack if she found that she had been right in the first place.

Now finding herself in the watering hole known as On the Rocks, Naelia began to search for clues as to who could have made off with the Hauberk of Angmar of all things. "Are these thieves running out of armor, so they try to take somebody else's to make up for it?" the minioness wondered as she continued to search the area for clues as to the identity of someone who would try to take something that they could acquire elsewhere.

Just as she thought she saw another potential lava snake to enter in the next race, along came none other than Fleeg, obviously up to no good. "Oh great, it's one of the goblin brothers that runs that spa I was just searching in." Naelia thought to herself as she continued to track him to see what he was really up to in such a place.

Globuk vs. The Ratking

Globuk was whipping his cat o'nine tails, listening and chuckling at every Crack! it made. He was having so much fun that at first he missed the low growling his warg was making from That Dark Corner. But he heard the panicked yelping and felt it when Gripper ran into his shins. "Hai there! What's this ruckus about? You sure are turning into a loud pup." That's when Globuk saw it, a swarm of rats on the floor and he slowly lifted his eyes up to see a monstrous glob of rats that almost reached the roof of his 7' home.

Globuk could not believe his eyes, a living Ratking! He had heard about them before, but never seen a living Ratking with his own eyes. He even doubted their existence, such a beast was not possible. Globuk was never troubled by the dark critters of the world. He had seen fully grown Men and the cruelest of Orcs cower and squeal at the sight of spiders and bats and rats. Not him though. He lived in a hole, it was bound to get filled with all types of worms and other creepy crawlers.

Globuk believed in co-existing, as long as they didn't disturb him, or get in the way, he allowed them to go about their business. There even was a rather large wolf spider that lived under his bed. Sometimes he would talk to it. Spiders, rats, and bats he could deal with, flies and mosquitoes on the other hand, he despised. If he saw a nasty bug buzzing around, he would tell the wolf spider where he saw it and to help herself to the grub.

The Ratking was a beast that was not natural though, a tangle of rats joined together and somehow operating under a single mind. They would have crushed his poor Gripper if they could. The Ratking's size made them bolder than your normal cave rats who were usually more frightened of you than you were of them. Ratkings were against the laws of nature and thus if you saw them for what they were, just a large mob of individual rats joined together you could defeat them:

"Begone you foul Ratking!" Globuk yelled in a commanding voice and cracked the cat o'nine tails near what Globuk would have called their noses. The Ratking at first backed away, but with new vigor in their combined bravery came forward again. "Back I say! I command you to untangle and scurry back into that Dark Corner! Trouble my warg again and I swear I will drop you all into my biggest pot and boil you into a stew! My warg has already taken some bites out of me, but he's never tasted rat before. He has a healthy appetite but I suspect he could feed off you for months! Now back!" Globuk cracked the cat o'nine tails again.

Some of the rats were terrified and started retreating. Others wanted to get away and pulled away from the tangle in opposite directions. Others thought they could take this fool, and his little warg too and made one last ditch charge. However, that's all it took. Once you broke the Ratking operating under one mind and one purpose, they became hundreds of different minds with different purposes. The swarm divided from massive tangle and fled.

Dumb Orc vs. Monster Squeaks, A Gripper Story

He did it again. He tricked Dumb Orc into giving him more food. Now he was in That Dark Corner enjoying another meal.

What is that sound? It's like a high pitched squeaking sound? And oh what is that foul smell? I know bad smells coming from the pits and this is worse. Gripper decided he did not like the smell, nor the squeaking that was getting louder. Maybe if I give a warning growl it will go away. But his low and faulting growl did not work. That's when it came out of the darkness, a blob of monstrous squeaking things.

Flee! Run! was all he could think. The next thing he remembered is running straight into Dumb Orc's legs. He hid behind Dumb Orc as the Ratking prepared to charge. This is no good. The orc who took him from the pits might be an idiot but he at least always had a stupid smile and treated him kindly, even after taking a piece of his nose. Plus it was easy to get food from him. What's he doing? What's he saying? This blob will kill him. Kill them both.

*Crack of the cat o'nine tails* What was that? Are we dead yet? He decided to open his eyes and peak out from behind his master. What's he doing? Dumb Orc wasn't running and I did. Never tasted rat before? Hmm, rat stew does sound tasty. That's right! I would love to try rat! Right as he let out the fiercest snarl and baring teeth that he could muster the blob of rats came collapsing apart and disappeared. I did it! I did it! We did it! Overcome with joy and not exactly realizing what he did next, Gripper licked his master's hand in appreciation.

Globuk gave his usual dumb giggle.

He picked me and I was a coward. I let him down. But you will not do that again. He might be an idiot but he saved you from the monster. No more tricking and stealing just because you don't want to do anything except eat. That changes now...ok maybe every so often you can still trick him, but you will start trying better to become a good and fierce warg.

(OOC: Be warned, the large wolf spider I saw in the summer, but don't fret, it doesn't live under my bed: https://scontent.fpit1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=6005A81E)

NPF edit: Globuk is quickly becoming the stuff of Thief Hunt legend
Last edited by Boromir88 on Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Balrog
Rihira wandered through the building, his ghastly, incorporeal form drifting sadly through the walls of a place he no longer recognized. He had called this ruin home for five hundred years yet all the sudden something had changed, life returned to this place is a vibrant and violent manner. Rihira hated it, but he was so insubstantial now that he could do nothing but howl his impudent rage in a vacuous nothingness. The two that ruined the home he’d known for so long did not even realize he was there. The goblin, a Fleeg if that was to be believed, seemed to be in charge of the renovations but he couldn’t figure out what on Sauron’s black earth they were making. Until one day he realized, to his utmost horror, that they were turning his home, the site of so many hauntings, massacres, rituals, and seances, into a spa. A Spa?! What was Mordor coming to? If he were alive (oh to be alive and feel the flesh flaying from bone!), he would take a Cat-O’-Nine-Tails to this so called Fleeg and his hairy ogre of a companion and drive them out. Rihira seethed. When he was alive, something like this wouldn’t stand, this was Mordor! This was the Black Lands! This was not some holiday resort with facials and massages and acupuncture. How could something like this go unnoticed by Barad-dûr?

Black Númenórean

@Boromir88, you may now hunt again!

Orc Chieftain
Could Naelia have been right all along? Was it indeed The Toad of Consistency that was responsible for making off with the One George?

Regardless of who was responsible, the minioness still hadn't managed to track down the thief's hiding spot. "If the guilty party is who I thought it was originally, where would a creature like that be hiding out?" Naelia thought to herself as she tried to track down the thief's location. Could they be hiding Beneath a Rock? the minioness surmised. If so, which one? Naelia began to uncover every rock she could find (since this was the only way to pinpoint which one) in order to find who (or what) was responsible for taking something without permission.

Balrog
Rihira’s insubstantial form floated above the turmoil, the phantasmagoria hidden in the rafter. While still incensed that the goblin and the orc were daring defile his profane haunt with something so mundane as a spa, Rihira could not deny it was entertaining to watch them bicker and fight and baggins at each other. In fact, the specter rather enjoyed the back and forth whining and insults the two came up with. He had not seen a flyting this good in his entire afterlife! He’d once watched the Lord of the Nazgûl tell his captain “You are maggot pie served from a dwarf's codpiece” and the orc fell over dead on the spot. This was much better, no one was dying, yet anyway. One George skittered across the rafters, bounding through his incorporeal form without even a moment’s pause. “I… how rude!” the ghost hissed angrily.

He brushed himself off and adjusted his ceremonial armor (he was a well-dressed ghost dammit!) and harrumphed at the weasel. The weasel, of course, paid him no mind. Could the beast even see him? He squinted. Of course it did, weasels were horridly rude and unfriendly. He knew all about the Georges and their reputation for carnage. What was one doing here? This could be bad for business, which of course meant good things for him. He hoped the demon possessed beast would drop on some Dumb Orc and eat his face off. There wasn’t enough face eating these days. It was a lost art. Supposedly there were bats that did it up north, where they still did thinks proper. Maybe he’d haunt Angmar if this spa nonsense didn’t end soon. He would miss These Shadowy Rafters, but he had to have some principles!

Black Númenórean
Zôr miró hacía acquí y allá. Estaba sola. Excelente. Era mejor que nadie la vió esta noche. Tuvo algo importante que hacer.

Con pelo negro y rizado, y vestido completamente en ropa negra, ella era una figura oscura. Se acercó a Dhâd Bûrz de puntitas, intentando caminar silenciosamente. Entró inadvertida, y bajó varios pisos hasta que llegó a las cocinas. Esperó que lo que buscaba estaría acquí.

«¿Toad?» susurró Zôrzimril. «¿Toad de Consistencia?» Las razones por las cuales ella necesitó un abogado fueron suyas. Pero todavía lo necesitó.

Nadie respondió. Zôr suspiró. Había esperado que no necesitaría hacer esto, pero le pareció que era la hora para visitar a Un Jorge.

Black Númenórean
The item HAS been found!

Balrog
She slithered over the smooth, hot surface of the roof and squirmed her way inside, pressing through the thatch. What was this place? Laznilgosa was very concerned. She had been minding her own business, hanging out on the slopes of Mount Doom after eating her rival when a Cloud of Ash rolled through and caused a torrential upheaval. Her entire world had been warped and broken and changed. When the cloud passed, this thing was standing in front of her and Mount Doom was very far away. Something smelled weird here, weird enough that the lizard felt the need to investigate. There were people inside, some goblins and Dumb Orcs, a troll or two and… was that a horse? Laznilgosa was confused. She tasted the air and licked her eye. The smell was not coming from there though. There was a smell coming from them but there was no mystery as to what it was. No, the smell she sensed was in the opposite direction. She skittered along the walls, doing her best to camouflage with the walls. This was a new place, full of unfamiliar smells and sensations. She was half way down the wall when the smell was getting stronger, it smelled fungal and dead, whatever it was. But soon, another smell began to take precedence. It was the smell of a mammal, large one, a predator. She licked the air again and looked up in the rafter, carved from the bones of a dead dragon and saw two beady eyes staring at her. She had never seen them for herself, but the lizard knew enough about the rumors the went around about the giant weasels that haunted Mordor, they were seemingly everywhere and always waiting to pounce. It was One George!

Dumb Orc was most relieved to still be alive after the entanglement with the Ratking. "Just wait until the other orcs all hear about this, eh Gripper?" Gripper gave a congratulatory woof. "Ya, I'm gonna love the look on Borghash's face. Defeated a Ratking! He won't believe it at first. But then he'll have to admit 'Globuk, you're smarter than you look. I'm going to put you and your new warg on scout missions.' How does that sound, Gripper? You'll be rewarded too!"

His warg looked on approvingly. That was the other good thing since defeating the Ratking. Gripper was becoming a different warg. He wasn't just lounging around wanting to eat all day. Their luck seemed to be changing.

Dumb Orc had just one thing left to do before telling his captain about the Ratking. "There were three of you, now there's only One George. Ha! I wonder what kind of price I can git for you at the Black Market?"

Orc Chieftain
"Where was this wily thief hiding out?" Naelia thought to herself as she failed to track down the hiding spot of the Dark Land's latest thief. She was running out of options, so for some reason, the minioness decided to head to the place where the most recent Lava Snake Racing competition had been held, none other than Cirith Ungol. "Let's just hope her Ladyship is still busy expanding her territory elsewhere..." Naelia thought to herself, since she was in no mood to deal with either Shelob or any of her offspring.

Convinced it was indeed The Toad of Consistency that was guilty for making off with the One George, the minioness scoured the place where Smaug the Lava Snake met his unfortunate end to track down a creature she hadn't come across before. "Where would a creature like that be hiding?" Naelia thought to herself as she continued to try and track him down and answer to his crimes before something else that was beyond her control happened and she was called away to deal with it.

Black Númenórean
DING DING DING!

The thief has been caught!! @Lady of Shadow has successfully apprehended tha wily thieves The Toad of Consistency in his hiding place in Cirith Ungol, where he had made off with One George. LoS, you are now a Minion First Rank Hunter! Nothing special happens.

As always in Mordor, thievery is rife, and it's time to set out after one again... a new culprit is abroad, the traps have been reset, Thief Hunt Round Four, commence!