A storm blows through, knocking down branches and destroying carefully built nests. The next day, the birdsong is quiet. They are too busy rebuilding to sing. One thrush has made it her mission to save the spring broods! With the help of a wise raven to translate, she has flown far and wide asking all folk and creatures for help rebuilding their nests.
This is where you come in, resident of, or visitor to, Erebor. You’ve heeded the thrush's call and are here to help the birds gather nesting material and build new nests. After all, who knows when they might help defeat a dragon!
How does the game work?
1. RP yourself searching for nesting material by picking a space from the grid below.
Spaces may or may not contain nesting material (grass, sticks, etc.), nothing, other items or situations to RP.
Nesting material is worth 1 point each. Other items may be worth extra points.
2. Once you have obtained 2 different types of nesting material (for example, grass and sticks, but not sticks and sticks), you may choose to have birds LAY EGGS in the nest you built.
If you choose to Lay Eggs, you may NOT also search the grid in the same round. Eggs are worth 2 points each, so get nesting! Dice will determine # of eggs laid.
The game ends when no squares remain. The winner is whoever has the most points (nest material + eggs + other item points). Nice and simple, I hope!
(photo & grid by me)
Squares available to search (as of 4/29 update):
B1, B6, B7, B8
C1, C5, C6, C7, C8
D1, D2, D3, D4, D5, D6, D7
E1, E2, E3, E4, E7, E8
F1, F2, F3, F4, F5, F6, F8
G1, G4, G5, G6, G7, G8
- I’ll encourage playing birds, animals, dwarves or humans of Erebor/Dale, but you may play whatever race or being you like, including canon characters.
- You may only search one grid space (or opt to lay eggs if able to) per round (which is each GM update). You can do RP in between if you want. RP does not need to be elaborate. Just have fun.
- Bold your grid space or decision to lay eggs.
- No bright or light colours.
- Label OOC, no need to white out.
- No godmoding except by me, the GM.
@ me in here with questions/comments/bird treats/whatever
(Game was very loosely inspired by the board game Wingspan and with some feedback from @Goosil )