I Have Never...

And of old it was not darksome, but full of light and splendour, as is still remembered in our songs.
High Warden of Tower
I wear sports beanies and other hats, but not baseball caps. :grin: I have never attempted to do ballet.

Hmm, I don't think so. Have you made a habit of checking often who is currently on the plaza and what they are doing?

Balrog
I've never attempted, but it's something I've recently decided I wanted to try. I've never been ghost hunting

No. Never. Nope. Never done that, nope. Sorry. Nope. Don't know what you're talking about. What genre of writing do you find the most rewarding to use here on the Plaza?
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

High Lord of Imladris
I have been ghost hunting - Helped Haunted Manitoba investigate the Fort Garry Hotel once that was fun. I have never been kicked out of a bar

I honestly find serious/dramatic RPing to be my favourite to do. Especially as a non GM perhaps because I gm way too much for DnD type games and have never actually gotten to just play in the last year and a bit. Have you ever refreshed the 'stats' page to see who pops up under Random User?

Healer of Imladris
The closest I've come to being kicked out of a bar is being told (nicely) to shut up at a Starbucks. :lol: I have never ice skated backwards successfully.

I don't think so? I did just realize you can click on the "WHO IS ONLINE" text for details. Have you ever made an account on another site specifically for Plaza purposes?
Top-class Canine Alter Ego Associate of Aerlinn Mordagnir

Balrog
I've barely managed to skate forward successfully :lol: I have never "successfully" used an ouija board.

I know I had a photobucket account a long time ago and now I have a imgur account for the plethora of icons I use. What kind of music/sound do you find the most inspiring to write to?
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

New Soul
I have never used one successfully or unsuccessfully. Apologies to all ghost, spectres, apparitions and other entities! I have never had pumpkin spice coffee thingys.

Soundtracks, usually those by Bear McCreary. But I do listen to other composers that are not Bear McCreary :lol: How many characters in a scene/post is (for you) too many characters in a scene/post?
She/her.
Solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant

High Lord of Imladris
The only pumpkin spice anything I've ever had is pie. Pumpkin pie. (I have made a chocolate pumpkin spice disinfectant spray for costumers though) I have never actually found the weird side of Youtube.

Depends on the post, but generally more than 3 that are all doing things at the same time to the same depth (so not tertiary characters serving drinks and disappearing) I start having issues with where people are and when things are happening unless it's very well written. Have you ever created a plot map/web for something happening on the plaza to try to understand where characters are and what they are doing?

@Nessa Saelind Honestly Bear McCreary is top of the line for writing especially epic dramas... Rosalin and Adama is a go to track for me for anything that is sad and love related so 1000% I get you.

Khazad Elder
I have never seen the weird side of YouTube either. Not sure I want to, really. There is enough weirdness just reading the MSN headlines. 😳 I have never seen a living Venus flytrap plant. They look so cool in photos.

No, I have never plotted on plaza with a map or the web. Have you ever RPed an animal?
The world was fair in Durin's Day

Istari Steward
I can't remember accurately whether or not I've seen a Venus flytrap live haha. I want to say yes but as I can't remember any specifics of the encounter I may end up lying. It also may have just not stuck with me though. I have never gone on a cruise.

I have definitely RPed an animal, here and there. Several different kinds, always only briefly for a thread. Have you ever taken so long to make a post with a character you forgot what their personality was like?

High Warden of Tower
Neither have I, nor do I want to. Not sure how being stuck on the ship can be seen as a way of relaxation... :lol: I have never been on a rollercoaster.

Ah yes, it has happened; I've even forgotten how they look. Have you ever won a game on the plaza?

Chef
I have been on many roller coasters! They're lots of fun, and only a little terrifying when it's the rickety ones at the county fair that make weird rattling noises when you swoop around the curves. I have never played ice hockey.

I'm sure I have, I've played so many! There's not one that stands out in my mind at the moment, though. Have you ever RPed as a child on plaza?
they/them/actual hobbit in search of a merrier world

Orc Chieftain
I have never played ice hockey either, since I found learning how to skate challenging enough! I have never owned a dog (countless cats, but no dogs, probably because I used to be afraid of them when I was younger)

Yes, in the Krampus Is Coming game in the Shire, Elanor Starsley is a Hobbit child (though I've yet to play her anywhere else, since she didn't officially die, or survive for that matter, since I never continued on with the game). Have you ever switched kingdoms, only to realize it was a mistake, since your main character could never adapt to life in this particular kingdom, so you switched back?
He who commands the Ruling Ring... commands all

Istari Steward
I have not personally owned a dog but my parents did when I was teen so kind of close enough? I was still expected to help take care of him, so I've done a lot of the care work that comes with owning a dog anyway. I have never dug more than a foot into the ground.

I have switched kingdoms plenty of times, and wizards (as is made necessary on nuplaza) can kind of fit anywhere, so I never felt an RP need to switch back, just a strong desire to wear the wizard hat, which I can do still now! :smile: Have you ever written a song for the plaza?

High Lord of Imladris
I have dug 2 feet down (for purposes of building my mother a fountain) I have never gotten sick from a fair ride.

I have however I've not actually posted it yet its for an upcoming RP going to happen at some point Did you ever own a Plaza House?

Balrog
Neither have I. I have never lived in one state/province/county/shire/etc and worked in another.

I was around largely before those were a thing. What new things, ie not a resurrection of the old plaza, would you be interested in creating here?

High Lord of Imladris
I have not either - Almost for being a pool lifeguard but I turned them down they didn't want to pay enough for the daily drive. Have you ever thought of doing drag/bio type makeup?

Something new.. Honestly so many things were don on OP that that's hard, Perhaps a Rohan Rodeo idea that I had in 2020? Have several thread ideas that I just need to actually write up. On Nu2Plaza what is the post that you've lost that you are the most excited to get a chance to rewrite BETTER than the original?

Balrog
Never had the confidence to do makeup, though I'm slowly building up that confidence (maybe) I have never had to buy a recliner, I just inherit them

I'm sort of looking forward to Maker's Mark again, I feel like I could do stories about enby dwarves and dwarven family structure better this time around. Same question

Ent Ancient
Neither have I! I have never dyed my hair a neat funky color (but want to!)

I am hoping to up the hilarious factor on Durzhat's lost shenanigans if I can! :lol: Did you think up any exciting new story ideas while the Plaza was down?

Balrog
I still have some blue in my hair from when I dyed my hair... in October :lol: I have never done a two tone hair color

Finnbarr goes "Punisher" on some whalers :stab: Who wants more animal stories on NuPlaza 2.0?

High Lord of Imladris
I have done two tone hair (and 3 and 4 tone) Have you ever gone from long hair to shaved head?

Me. My poor raccoons lost so much lol Are there any posts that the Fingersnap of WHC got rid of that made you go hmmm I'm not going to write that one again and pretend it never existed?

New Soul
I have gone from long hair to short hair, but not shaved head so erm... :shrug: Have you ever regretted a luxury splurge?

I think there might be one or two of those. :lol: Which thread you were most looking forward to seeing come back after the recent NuPlaza reoping?
She/her.

High Lord of Imladris
Yes. But only because the bill came due for it right as another bill came due and I had to scramble a bit. Have you ever taken part in a Social Media trend? (Tiktok vine etc)

The Masquerade in Mordor hands down, I don't have my post but honestly I still have my characters costumes in mind and need to get that started again with all four of my polyamfam Which thread are you the most excited to see the C/Ping finish so that new material can start being written?

New Soul
I haven't, mainly because I try to stay off most social media. I have never been snorkelling.

Children of the Stones, loving what I've read so far, and can't wait to see what they discover. What's one thing you miss from the old Plaza, even if you wouldn't necessarily want to bring it to NuPlaza?

Balrog
never had the guts and also live nowhere near the ocean :lol: I have never eaten a Carolina Reaper

I sorta miss the poetry teams, but I realize I am terrible at poetry so bringing it back might just highlight how bad I am. Structured RP settings like pubs/spas/wineries or Free RP threads?

New Soul
Until this moment I had no idea what a Carolina Reaper is :embarrassed: so no, I have never eaten one. I have never learned how to code.

Free RPs, because there is so much potential and variety there. You can solo post, you can collaborate... The opportunities are endless! What minor canon character from Tolkien's works would you like to see get more "air-time"?
She/her.

High Lord of Imladris
I know html coding and some CSS but no dynamic codes like PHP etc I have never managed to have my whole house clean at one time

Fredegar Bolger I think it would be interesting seeing the hobbit that stayed behind. did you ever own or take part in Houses on OP?

New Soul
That's actually a thing? :embarrassed: I usually manage a couple of rooms at a time ... I have never gotten a piercing.

I owned a house, though I've got no idea what I named it, and I remember hours of plotting in the KD drill and debate house! Which ATR icon is your favourite?

High Lord of Imladris
I have multiple (I also DO piercing so theres that) I have never pierced myself (I would faint if I did)

From the current selection???? Rillewens. From all of them? I'll be bias and call Feanor because I wore it. What's an ATR/MotM rank you are wanting to wear?

Balrog
technically I have inflicted "piercing damage" to myself so... maybe? I have never watched a slasher that I enjoyed in the slightest

I'd love to wear - h a s t e -'s old Sauron icon, he was the first Mordor ruler I remember. What definitely not Tolkien fantasy race would you like to sneakily add to the Plaza canon?

High Lord of Imladris
I haven't either, too easily figured out. Very set formula for all of them. I have never managed to learn a language well enough to be considered fluent in it other than my first

I'd bring Adonis/Dusk my Tiefling in as Plaza Canon in a heart beat if I had enough people to play her with (honestly debated on dragging HALF of the local Military base that plays DND onto the plaza to RP, sadly they do too much R/X rated stuff to be plaza safe so I'm holding off on that) And they are well aware of her R/X rated back story that I've semi written for her so that would be a bad time lol - What Tolkein canon character would you get him entirely rewrite if you had the chance?

New Soul
I have. Obvs :lol: or we wouldn't be talking, well typing now. I have never managed to learn Cyrillic script.

Hmmm. Tough question... Nienor, Turin's sister. That girl needs a different story. Same question.
She/her.

Balrog
I have yet to either, but none of the languages I'm attempting to learn us it so it's a lower priority :lol: I have never managed to stay awake more than 48 hours in a row.

Yikes, hmmmm I agree, but also Haleth, there was some interesting stuff that just... fizzled and disappeared. What Edgar Allen Poe story could/should be adapted to fit into the Plaza?

High Lord of Imladris
I also have never. I like sleep too much. I have never managed to hurt myself doing something that has safety standards/equipment that I'm not using

The Tell Tale Heart might be interesting I will admit I haven't read all of them because I am lazy but it's one that I think could be adapted If you had to assign an INSTRUMENT to a Tolkien character which character and what instrument?

Balrog
I've managed to the opposite, get myself hurt doing something without standards or equipment. I have never put together my own computer (but I'm assembling the pieces to one now)

Bombur and the tuba is just sitting there, but if I were to think about it I'd say the Witch-King and the Apprension Engine. Would Patrick Wilson make a good Aragorn?

New Soul
I'm not the most techy person, sometimes my limit is the correct use of an 'on/off' switch, so very impressed at anyone who can build a computer from scratch. I have never broken a bone

Think the only thing I've seen him in is the A-team, not the most similar role, but a good actor, so it would be interesting to see. If you could have recast any (or all) of the roles of the Fellowship who would you have chosen instead?

High Lord of Imladris
I have the bone in my nose I fractured while working on a film- (I also possibly fractured both my shins and then walked it off We'll never know for sure but they do have a permanent dent in them 7 years later) I have never thought of publishing any of my writings (outside of fanfic sites)

Hmmm Aragorn played by Keanu Reeves. 1. Similar looks, and honestly if he wanted to reprise the role now for the film 20 years later he still bloody well looks very close to the same where Viggo has definitely aged. If you ended up in Middle Earth how long do you think you would survive without any OC plot armor?

High Warden of Tower
There's nothing there to publish... RP is only for fun. Except if the translation of my friend's published children's book counts. I have never scuba dived.

If I were a hobbit, would probably live long and happily. Have you IC killed off your main character to start anew with a different one?

New Soul
I haven't, not sure I want to either - though there is someone at my work who travels a lot to do this, and I must admit the videos are beautiful. I have never managed to keep an indoor plant alive for longer than 6 months :embarrassed:

Surprisingly given the kingdom I'm usually in, no. Sounds fun to do, but after building a character from scratch not sure I'd be able to actually let go. Which kingdom did you join when you first found the Plaza, and why?

Balrog
I've never managed to keep an indoor plant :lol: I have never made alfredo sauce from scratch

Geez, way back in 2002 I joined Isengard because... reasons? I have no idea now. If you could tell your younger self something about the Plaza after you joined, what you would you say?

High Lord of Imladris
I have - mostly because the alfredo sauce we can buy here has cheddar in it and my mom is allergic to cheddar so necessity. I have never repaired a small engin

You are going to one day actively going to be encouraged by halfir to post in Lore. (Young me would not believe this) If you could tell someone anything about the Plaza to make the join what would it be?

High Warden of Tower
No idea how to do such things! I have never managed to do a hand-stand.

I would probably go on at length about all the RP stuff, quizzes and what not (got some people interested, but they are not much for writing). If you would have such an option which character played by someone else you'd want to RP for a day?

New Soul
Much too clumsy to do a hand stand. I have never skiied.

RP character? I dunno. I only pop in now and then. If you could choose a place in ME to live where would it be and why?
The Dwarf formerly known as Mahal.

New Soul
I've never skied. I live in a seaside town, we don't have snow and I'm not that in love with snow to go somewhere to ski. I have never lived in a place that's far from the sea.

Pelargir in Gondor, because it was inspired by Venice, and I always imagined it as a vibrant city and port where you can hear different languages, see a lot of different people and ships filled with goods... Who is your go-to person on the Plaza when you want to RP something?
She/her.

High Lord of Imladris
I live in Manitoba. It is ALMOST as far from the Sea as one can get in Canada though I guess if you count the Artic Ocean in Hudsons Bay we do have SOME ocean line lol. I have never been to a desert.

That depends on what I'm writing but I tend to go between Nessa and Rillewen for the majority of RPing things.Is there an RP(s) on the Plaza that you absolutely can't wait to how it turns out?

Elven Enchanter
I have been to lots of deserts. Perks of living in Southern California which is basically a desert in itself and spending lots of time on the freeway between LA and Phoenix. I have never been to New York.

The Mordor Cooking Thread. Hoping for lots of insanity there. If you could go on a date with any person in ME who would it be?

Balrog
Neither have I, nor do I plan on going I have never tried to play the bass guitar

Dating is weird... a beorning maybe? What area needs a Free RP thread?

High Lord of Imladris
I know how to play a bass guitar - my brother owns one - I own normal guitars I have never been in a major car accident

Uhh most of them are covered at this point... Maybe like a 5th age one so like a modern middle earth? What non conventional 'ship' would you like to see portrayed in RP?

High Warden of Tower
Neither have I, fortunately. I have never been on a transatlantic flight.

Space ship? :P What would happen if all of your characters were locked up together in a tiny room?

New Soul
I've been only once so far, when I visited America. Went to the west coast first and it was a looong flight. I have never been on a cruise.

Well, several of mine are minions so I'd imagine some cutting conversation shortly followed by a group re-decoration project. Red is always on trend. :stab: Presuming there were good reasons to do so, what kingdom that wasn't part of old Plaza would you like to see created?

Balrog
Neither have I (and I don't plan on one any time soon). I have never had a real Christmas tree (as in not plastic)

the only one I can vaguely think might be useful would be Arnor, but then again I'm a bit of a fuddy duddy because I don't think we really need that many kingdoms in general. If you were to discuss lore from a different fandom here on the Plaza, what forum do you think it would go under?