I Have Never...

And of old it was not darksome, but full of light and splendour, as is still remembered in our songs.
Thain of The Mark
I have been in a hot tub several times, and am still plotting how to acquire one for myself so I can enjoy it more often than when I'm on vacation somewhere. I have never been in a sauna.

Probably, but I don't recall a specific incident at this time. Have you ever laughed so hard writing a post that you had to stop several times because you couldn't type?

Dúnadan
I haven't been in a sauna! It looks really nice though, I've always wanted to try it. Especially after a long day out in the snow. Speaking of, I have never been skiing.

As some may have noticed, I'm not a funny person so that's never been something that's happened to me lol. Have you ever written a post so sad that it made you cry while writing it?

High Lord of Imladris
I have been skiing! Both Cross country and downhill (though not on a real big mountain) I have never been snowboarding

Yes. Both on Old and NuPlaza. Have you ever written a post and you were so proud of it, only to find that someone had posted between you and the last post and null and voided about 50% or more of your post?

Storyteller
I went snowboarding once. It was mostly very fun, but at times frustrating and painful. I have never volunteered at a soup kitchen.

I certainly have. It is quite heart breaking when it happens. Unless it's a short, quick post which is easy to edit, in which case I'm just happy to see lively activity on the forum. Have you ever seen some of your old posts in the archive and cringed at them?

Chef
I volunteered serving food at a homeless shelter when I was in college. It was an eye opening experience, especially because I was young and ignorant about a lot of experiences outside my bubble. I have never driven a tractor.

I think I cringe at most of my old posts, especially the ones from my teenage years. Here's one for the olds: have you ever saved info from the plaza on a floppy disk?
they/them/actual hobbit in search of a merrier world

Storyteller
@Menolly, I'm not going to respond since I just went, but I've got to say how hilarious the image of an oldbie saving Plaza stuff on a floppy disc is now. :rofl: <--- aaaand that's the first time I've used that smiley on the new Plaza.

High Warden of Tower
Neither have I. I have never seen a shark.

I haven't, though I did save games (like Chip's Challenge). Have you ever been unable to log unto plaza because of a forgotten password?

Ent Ancient
I have seen sharks at the aquarium but never in person/up close. A friend invited me to go swimming with sharks on a trip last year. I declined. I have never bought a whole watermelon.

Yes I forgot my password countless times. Lately I keep forgetting my username. Have you ever written an entire post and then changed your mind, did not hit submit, and it never again saw the light of day?

Thain of The Mark
I frequently buy whole watermelons, especially when they're on sale and in season, because they make great summer treats for the chickens. And the dog. And the husband. I actually don't like watermelon myself. :lol: I have never been fluent in a second language.

Yes. And I have some I've posted that I wish I hadn't as well, but alas. Have you ever found a terrible typo months later in a post and refused to edit it out on principle?

Dúnadan
Oh, I've tried so many langugages haha. I was really, really into Quenya back in high school, and took 6 years of French, but alas fluency never came to me. I've been out of practice for over a decade now, anyway, so I've lost most of what I knew. I have never traveled to another continent.

Ha, definitely! At that point I figure if someone was going to notice, they already would have. Plus, I'm super lazy. Have you ever joined a plaza family, whether on oldPlaza or NuPlaza?

Warrior of Imladris
I have travelled between only two continents, which is pretty dull. I have never been south of the equator.

I have been part of a plaza family ... keep discovering weird in-laws via Narv's previous marriages. Have you ever eaten hoppit sandwiches?

High Lord of Imladris
I have never been South of the Equator. Close to it but never crossed it (One day! The goal is 2 months in Australia and Kiwiland) I have never owned a classic car.

I have not I don't even know what they are.... Have you ever created a family name that you then don't get to use on the Plaza?

Chef
@Dwimmerlaik As a Certified Old (or at least someone with an old computer in the early aughts), I absolutely saved plaza stuff along with other important things on floppy disk! Here's hoping I wasn't the only one. :lol:

I haven't owned a classic car in the traditional sense, but my first car was a very old Toyota Camry I bought from my mother. When it reached 20 years old, I started calling it my classic Camry, since classic cars are generally considered to be 20 or older. Drove it til it was 22 years old with 280,000 miles! A very good car. I have never fallen or jumped into a public fountain.

I have never created a family name. Have you ever gotten a plaza (or LOTR) inspired tattoo?

Storyteller
@Menolly, that's fantastic. :lol:

I have never been in a public fountain either. I've never had the urge. I don't like the idea of dirty water. I've never climbed on top of a portaloo.

I've never gotten a Plaza inspired tattoo, but I do have two LotR inspired tattoos. Have you ever convinced a friend or family member to join the Plaza?

Warrior of Imladris
I have never even had the urge to climb on top of a portaloo. I have never been in a hot air balloon.

I have never even met anyone I think might like the plaza. Have you ever received an order of Merlin, or whatever it was called that replaced them in the White Council / Isengard?
The Wood-elves lingered in the twilight of our Sun and Moon, but loved best the stars.

Khazad Elder
You were not the only one, @Menolly ! :googly: The first computer I ever used (AES) looked like something out of an old Sci Fi movie, hahaha, with two floppy disc ports.
I have never been in a hot air balloon. I have never been to Dallas, Texas.

I have never received the order of Merlin, but I did receive the Telchar Medal in old KD. Did you ever start something (for example; drinking ale) in RL based on an activity you read about in The Lord of the Rings?

Thain of The Mark
I have been to Dallas, Texas. Multiple times. I have never been to Chicago.

I'm pretty sure my deep desire to try mead (which I have done in recent years and it is delicious) came from reading LOTR. Have you ever commissioned something (art, jewelry, costumes) because of LOTR?

Ent Ancient
I have been to Chicago on a brief train stopover from west to east coast. I ran around downtown in search of a real Chicago deep dish slice of pizza but it was strangely hard to find! I have never owned a manual/stick-shift car.

I have never had anything LotR-inspired commissioned although I would love if someone made a starry mantle coat/sweater/something. Have you ever video chatted a Plazaite?

@Dwimmerlaik where did that portaloo idea come from? :lol:

Black Númenórean
@Little Bird Lail, if you're ever in Chicago again I will gladly show you where to get the good deep dish pizza. :grin:

Never owned a stick-shift car, either. No idea how to drive one! I have never taken an in-person pilates class

Yes - I recently had a video chat with Toasty to catch up! Have you ever given something/someone in your life a name from Tolkien's world?
she/her | Esta tierra no es mía, soy de la nocheósfera.

Ent Ancient
Not taking a turn cause I just went but @THE MAIDEN FAIR - yes please I would love that. I ended finding NY style pizza that day..

Elven Enchanter
Nope, never done an in-person pilates class. I have never done an escape room.

No, but when I was in middle school, a good friend and I came up with a list of "Tolkien names you could get away with in the real world". Have you ever been on plaza while at work/school?

High Warden of Tower
Me neither. Might be fun though. I have never won a chess game.

I suppose I'm all the time on plaza while at work as I work from home and plaza tab opens automatically when I open a browser... Have you ever expanded your activity to participate in every plaza kingdom?

High Lord of Imladris
I have won several chess games several in cosplays because nothing throws a person off like someone in a costume kicking their butt at something 'cerebral' I have never played Call of Duty.

Yes. Though Rohan has less activity from me right now than any others as the activity I was in there has basically come to a close so am looking for another thing there. Have you ever actively decided not to participate in a particular Plaza Kingdom?

Thain of The Mark
I have never played Call of Duty either. In fact, it would be far shorter to list the video games I have played in my lifetime than the ones I haven't. I have never played soccer.

Not really. But I don't force myself to play in a kingdom if I don't see anything that looks fun for me. Have you ever 'visited' a Plaza kingdom specifically for a seasonal event/festival?

Warrior of Imladris
Well since football is our national sport, I have of course played football. It's actually a lot of fun - not that I am very good at it. I have never played lacrosse or even watched it being being played. (I just know they have weird nets!)

I have indeed visited kingdoms for specific events ... and some have turned out better than others. How much do you obey some threads' 100 character rule? To the letter, or is do you overexceed it by so much it's laughable?

Khazad Elder
I have never played lacrosse. I have never played soccer.

I usually obey threads with 100 character rules. I have never counted the characters so I may have been over or under a bit at times. I would think it would be a real challenge to have a 200 character limit. Have you ever deleted a post because you didn't want the edit to be seen at the bottom of the post?

Chef
I played soccer on indoor and outdoor teams until about the age of 12, at which point my absolute lack of skill at playing soccer was evident and I gave it up for other non-foot non-ball pursuits. I have never been to Africa.

I have never done that! I always feel like if it needed an edit, well, it needed an edit. Have you ever drawn/painted/made some artistic representation of your plaza character (and if so, share it here if you like)?

High Lord of Imladris
I have also never been to Africa. I have never been to Central Mexico.

I have! Many times the most recent one is http://thehiddenden.com/fuinraveara.jpg Also have my NPC Afarfin done similarly but don't have his up online yet Have you ever participated in an in depth character development thread for your main character?

Ent Ancient
I have never been to any part of Mexico. I have never enjoyed Sudoku.

Yes, I did some of the prompts in Taeth's CoLP thread for my "main" character, Lailyn. It was helpful to breathe some new life into a character I had gotten bored with way back on the OP. Have you won a game on the New Plaza?

@Fuin Elda - beautiful art!

Healer of Imladris
Years ago mom came back from a post-Christmas Barnes and Noble sale with a bunch of these fancy white board marker Sudoku board things. It was fun for a bit but after a couple weeks of that I never wanted to see a Sudoku square again. :lol: I have never successfully flipped an omelet.

*polishes Drifa's Word Sleuth trophy on sleeve* Win what? :grin: Have you ever attempted to build or make or craft something in real life just so you could more accurately RP the process on the Plaza?
Top-class Canine Alter Ego Associate of Aerlinn Mordagnir

High Lord of Imladris
I have. ONCE. I think I was drunk and it was CLEARLY a fluke as I've never done it again. I have never actually purchased a house that I got to look at first (Is a long story)

I HAVE! When I first joined the plaza back in highschool I started learning about black smithing and actually got my dad to pull out his old coal blacksmithing forge and I got to make some items with it. I've also since learned actual leather craft for making armor which is why the process of learning leather craft has now changed from how I use to do it on Old Plaza. Occassionally I still forge daggers and knives when I head north. If I end up buying an acreage up there I will very very likely move the smithy with me so I can play more often. Have you ever learned how to use a particular weapon because you want to know how to better RP a fight scene?

New Soul
Since I don't earn enough to even think about buying a house I'll have to say: nay, I haven't to this one. I have never been to Istanbul.

Yes, I did, although the longbow training came way after my Plaza RP-ing days :lol: Back at Uni I was a part (I suppose I still am) of a historical association and a colleague was a member of the Historical Unit of Uskoks from Klis so he invited us to come to the fortress of Klis to watch them practice. We pilled up in 2 cars and off we went from Split to Klis to watch the Uskoks train and I had the opportunity to practice with a longbow. Honestly, if I had a car back then I would have joined the Uskoks just to practice archery :lol: Oh and the sword practice was awesome too, but I prefered the longbow. :D Have you ever spent an extensive amount of time researching a skill or craft for a Plaza RP?
She/her.
Solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant

Khazad Elder
I have never been to Istanbul, such a historical place. I have never roller bladed.

Yes, on the old plaza during the Olympics (I can not remember which one) , I RPed myself as a dwarven ballet dancer. It was quite interesting learning all the terms and movements. I was quite good at ballet (on paper) by the end of the event. :smile: Have you ever posted a poem anywhere on the Plaza?

High Lord of Imladris
Not an answer but now we all know why Dragon the badger was so darn good at ballet during the IK race!

Storyteller
I have roller bladed. In fact when my brother and I were kids, we did quite a bit of it. I always remember it hurting my feet though, and I was never too comfortable with it. Also living in a rural area, the roads were usually very rough and really rattled your bones if you did try to roller blade or skateboard along them, and there was a real lack of footpaths. I have never had to go to hospital due to a roller blading/skateboarding/bike riding or other similar accident.

I don't think I've posted a full poem of my own on the Plaza, simply because I don't write them. Although I have contributed to the Never-Ending Poem thread. Perhaps I've slipped in a few lines here or there in RP posts over the years too. Did you ever post in the Mirkwood area when the regions existed?

Thain of The Mark
I have not been to the hospital due to a rollerblading/skateboarding/bike riding incident. In fact, I have never been to the hospital as a patient.

I was not active on the Plaza anymore by the time regions were put in place, so no, I never posted in Mirkwood. Have you ever started a popular thread in OOME?

Elven Enchanter
I have been in the hospital as a patient. I was in there for nine days just over ten years ago when I had back surgery. I have never been to Washington DC.

Yes. I started a PAM thread once that got to at least 5000 posts, which is the latest updated I've been able to find in the Wayback machine. Have you ever pranked someone on the plaza?

Khazad Elder
I have never been to Washington DC. I have never had a Beaver Tail. I hear that they are delicious!

No, I have never pranked someone on the plaza, that I can remember. Have you ever RPed with Peegs?
The world was fair in Durin's Day

High Lord of Imladris
I HAVE had a beaver Tail and they are fantastic and you should have one. They are even better with a chocolate drizzle in the criss cross pattern on them.... Mmmmm ahhh great I just put on 5 pounds thinking about beavertails. I have never gotten sick on a fair/amusment park ride.

No, sadly by the time I was on the plaza I don't think he RPed anymore at that point and by the time I wasn't awe-struck by the admins he DEF wasn't RPing anymore. I do interact with him on the regular however on Facebook so that's fun. Have you ever dealt with ALL THREE former Plaza Council Admins (Mo, Beebs, and Peeg)?

Warrior of Imladris
I started getting sick on amusement rides when I was in my 20s ... my head just isn't made for being shaken and rattled about. Sadly I shall never make it as an astronaut. I have never been hypnotised.

I don't know about 'dealt with', I have 'spoken' to all three. I never really knew Peeg though, and he was the one I interacted with least. Have you ever had a plaza romance?

Khazad Elder
I have never been hypnotized (although some procedures I had that I was put asleep had me acting out all the anesthesiologist said before I went under, ehm :smile: ). I have never driven a dump truck.

I have never had a plaza romance except to the Plaza itself. Back in the day I spent more time with the Plaza than my husband (at times). :tongue: Do you remember the Game Forum? What was it called? I think I was a moderator of that forum at one point.

High Lord of Imladris
Depends on the definition of a dump truck... Like a garbage one? No. One that is capable of lifting it's box and dumping it's goods yes. - Farm kid started driving a 1940s grain truck when I was..... 9? Wasn't in charge of dumping at that point that came at 11. I have never driven a bulldozer.

Yes I was one of the first mods of it with Enviny (Tinny was there before me for a short while) under Hoth after I migrated from the Library. It was called the RPG and Games Forum. Did you finish all of the Quizzes on Old Plaza?

New Soul
My car driving skills leave a lot to be desired :lol: so adding bulldozers to the mix is definitely in the no, I haven't category :lol: I have never been in a car accident.

Unfortunately no. I've always tried to save them as a treat for myself after I've finished something I was procrastinating on. Have you finished all the Quizzes on the NuPlaza?
She/her.
Solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant

Thain of The Mark
I have been in a car accident. I was rear-ended on a foggy morning while waiting to turn left into a parking lot, about 13/14 years ago. I have never been the driver at fault in a car accident.

I have finished all the quizzes available on NuPlaza currently. Did you ever reach the highest rank for your preferred kingdom (excluding ruler/admin ranks) on Old Plaza?

High Lord of Imladris
I have was super icy and my tires just would not stop after skidding three car lengths like a bloody curling rock... I was maybe doing 3 to 5 km per hour (My speedometer was at 0 the whole time the car was certain I was not moving so it wasn't even trying to traction control stop) when I hit the person in front of me - it was his turn to go from a stop sign and I just caught his bumper which was made of plastic and I have a Prius... My hood popped up but could be pushed back down it literally snapped the spring on the latch that was the worst damage and Prius' tend to get totalled if deer walk into them SOoooo ridiculously slow speed accident. literally MICRO fractures in his bumper nothing more from the plastic flexing no holes no paint transfer NOTHING. We decided not to report it - though I left that up to the guy I hit and he decided not to. My winter tires came in a week and a half later after being on order for three weeks. I have never been on a cruise ship.

I did. Back when the Burning Flower was the highest rank I reached it however once I was an admin I think I legit made it my Nienna Icon for a day or so because I could. I was a horrible admin that did stuff like that. LOL was there ever a rank you just HATED mid way through ranking up on Old Plaza icon/title wise?

Khazad Elder
I have never been on a cruise ship but, I have been on a sea worthy fishing boat and the big ferry that travels between Vancouver and Vancouver Island. I have never been sailing.

I enjoyed all my rank icons. I am not sure which level I was at before the crash. Is there a Kingdom on NuPlaza, that you still haven't posted in yet?
The world was fair in Durin's Day

Fea
I have also never been sailing, but it sounds like a lot of fun and I am sure if I was ever presented with the opportunity to do so, I would jump at it (ideally with someone else in charge of the actual sailing part). I have never pulled a sickie.

Most of them! I've been a bit (okay, very!) remiss at throwing myself into the kingdoms. Have you done something on New Plaza you never did on Old Plaza?

Thain of The Mark
If 'pulling a sickie' means calling out of work sick when you're not actually sick, neither have I, lol! I have never successfully trained a dog to 'heel'.

I have definitely done things on NuPlaza that I did not on Old Plaza. Like a certain possibly infamous storyline in Life in the Mark that ended with a pretty heated skirting-the-PG-13 rating scene. :embarrassed: :mwahaha: Did you attempt the now-infamous Imladris Maze on NuPlaza this year before it closed?

High Lord of Imladris
No I've never trained a dog to heel. They either have always heeled or they never have. I have never successfully trained a cat to do anything.

I DID! I went in right before it finished and helped Androthelm get out of it after being trapped in there for forever lol when our characters ran into each other Did you take part in the IK Racing Test run when it happened?

Istari Steward
I have never done anything with a cat other than occasionally petted one. Training is unimaginable. I have never been to a professional American football match.

I did not partake in the IK racing, nor did I participate in anything else...been a hot minute since I posted on the plaza. Have you ever made a post on the plaza consisting of nothing other than smilies?