I Have Never...

And of old it was not darksome, but full of light and splendour, as is still remembered in our songs.
Khazad Elder
GAME
Okay, this is how it works.
Someone posts that they have never done something. If the next Poster has done it, they say, "Yes, I've done it," If they have not, they say, "No, I have not done it. Then you add your own "I have never...."
You must also ask a Plaza-related question, and the next Poster must answer your question (with a bit of detail, please), and then they ask a Plaza question, and so on.

Examples:
1st Poster
I have never been to South Africa.
I have never been to the Market in Gondor.

2nd Poster
I have never been to South Africa, either. I have never gone skydiving.
Yes, I have been to the Gondor Market. The Grocer didn't have any gluten-free bread. Have you ever RP with Finduilas Faelivrin?

3rd Poster
I have never gone skydiving, but I have been scuba diving. I have never touched a live bat.
I have never RP with Finduilas Faelivrin, but I have participated in some non-RP threads with her. I have never RPed an Orc on the Plaza, have you?

4th Poster
I have touched a live bat. The fur was amazingly soft. I have never eaten rabbit meat.
I have never RPed an orc on Plaza. I have always played a dwarf. :smile: Have you ever participated in a Word Sleuth Match?

You can add comments to your posts, but you must follow the examples.

A Brandybuck Game
Last edited by Drifa on Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:20 am, edited 4 times in total.
The world was fair in Durin's Day

Khazad Elder
I have never slept with a cat on or in my bed.

Have you ever visited Tari's Photography?

Warrior of Imladris
Oh I have had cats sleep on my bed - my Deutsche Holly and ...erm, NotMyCat which thought it could sleep with me and was apparently right. I have never been to New Zealand.

I have seen Tari's Photography thread, but never commented. :embarrassed: Have you ever posted your photo on the plaza?
The Wood-elves lingered in the twilight of our Sun and Moon, but loved best the stars.

Istari Steward
I have not been to New Zealand either. In fact I haven't been out of the USA except for two very brief trips to Canada, once upon a time.
I have never needed crutches.

I have posted my photos on old plaza plenty of times, but they're all gone because I don't have my photobucket anymore, and that's where I hosted them back then.
Have you ever run a thread here in KD?

Black Númenórean
Lucky Ducky! I needed crutches for several weeks after spraining my ankle pretty badly earlier this year.
I have never played a drum set.

I have never run a thread in KD! I have enjoyed participating in some here but very rarely ventured into KD on OP.
Have you ever accidentally given a character the same name as another Plaza member's character?
she/her | Esta tierra no es mía, soy de la nocheósfera.

Warrior of Imladris
I have never played a drum set, either! I have never owned a motorbike.

I have never accidentally given a character the same name as another Plaza member's character, though I did create a character for a story once, and realised Tolkien had already used it! Have you ever changed kingdom to enjoy another kingdom's Halloween icons?
The Wood-elves lingered in the twilight of our Sun and Moon, but loved best the stars.

Ent Ancient
I have never owned a motorbike, either. Once, I almost bought a scooter, but my trial ride did not go well...
I have never had a dog. ( :cry: )

I have changed kingdoms for Halloween icons - when Isengard had Harry Potter icons, but I can't remember which character I wore.
I have never posted in the Black Pits of Mordor.

Loremaster of the Herd
I have had a pretty consistent string of dogs since I was a small kid. Only ever briefly had fewer than two, in fact, and for a long time we had three. Having just tallied them up I think it's eleven, total? I have, however, never worked outside the book industry (libraries and bookstores).

I have never posted in the Black Pits! I have also never posted in Rohan, despite my namesake character... being from there.
In the deeps of Time, amidst the Innumerable Stars

Warrior of Imladris
I have never worked in the book industry. I am strictly a consumer! I have never bungee jumped (and never wanted to!)

I have posted everywhere in NuPlaza, including Rohan, in fact Imladris is my least-posted-in place, despite Liri being an elf. Perhaps it is a theme. Have you ever fought in the Battle Arena on OP?

High Warden of Tower
I have also never bungee jumped, and hopefully never will! :headshake: I have never seen an eagle.

Yup, I have fought in the Battle Arena, a couple times. Has your character ever been badly wounded in battle?

Black Númenórean
I have seen eagles! Got a close-up look at a couple flying through the mountains while hiking in Ecuador. And then there are those I've seen in zoos.
I have never watched Doctor Who.

Don't think any of my characters have been seriously wounded, no. I have an orc with a bleeding leg now, though...
Did you ever write for a Kingdom/Region newsletter on Old Plaza?

Loremaster of the Herd
I have watched Doctor Who! In fact, an increasing love of Doctor Who was pretty directly corollated to my downturn in posting on OldPlaza. I have never lived west of the Mississippi (or east of the Atlantic!).

I never wrote for a Kingdom/Region newsletter, and, in fact... I never posted before the Kingdom/Region swap! (im a plaza baby I know)

Healer of Imladris
I've never lived east of the Rockies, so that must mean I have lived west of the Mississippi! I have never made bread from scratch.

I posted in the Kingdoms, one of the first things I remember doing is IK racing. Have you ever had a personal art thread in CoLP?
Top-class Canine Alter Ego Associate of Aerlinn Mordagnir

Elven Enchanter
I am attempting to make bread from scratch. First few attempts did not go so well, and now it's too hot to turn the oven on. Eventually I'll do it again and hopefully I've kept my starter alive. I have never been to Asia

Yes, I used to have a personal art thread (poetry) in CoLP back on OldPlaza. No idea if it survived or not. Have you ever convinced someone in Real Life to join the Plaza?

Loremaster of the Herd
I have never been to Asia! I've been to Europe a few times, though -- visiting relatives and then studying abroad. I've never hiked for multiple days.

I have convinced someone from Real Life to join the Plaza (@Linhelm, who went to high school with me). Have you ever GM'd a Plaza game?

Warrior of Imladris
Horrifyingly, I've hiked for multiple days; the British Army considers that A Fun Time. I have never done anything with sponsorship for charity except running.

I have GM'd a Plaza game, but not for ever-so-many years; they can be very time and labour intensive. Have you got a favourite R/A/M from OP who RP'd their icon really well?

Istari Steward
Well I've done a bunch of random stuff charity-related, but I think running is the thing I've done most often. I guess that's the go-to because it requires very little extra equipment and setup.
I have never eaten cat food.

I rarely saw R/A's RP their icon on the OP, seems like they were reluctant to do so. Mo was pretty accurate to Morgoth though, just from reading his posts. :lol:
Have you visited the plaza twitter recently?

Black Númenórean
I have most definitely not eaten cat food, yikes.
I have never ridden a unicycle.

Funny you should ask - I took a peek at the Plaza Twitter earlier today, actually.
Did you ever participate in IK Racing on OP?

Elven Enchanter
I have never ridden a unicycle either, though a childhood friend does and he once took our dog for a walk while riding the unicycle. I have never gone on a backpacking trip.

I honestly cannot recall, so I want to say no, unless Ducky turns up with a Wayback receipt. Did you ever become related to yourself on a plaza family tree?

Healer of Imladris
I have been on many backpacking trips of the mountaineering variety but none of the continental traveling variety. I have never played an accordion.

I don't think I ever became related to myself, but you never know with those things. Have you ever written a riddle for a Plaza riddle thread?

Khazad Elder
I have never played an accordion. Wonderful instrument I've heard. I have never had a ring in my nose.
Yes I have written a riddle. And speaking of riddles, there is quite a challenging one in the Tree-Twisting Riddle thread in Fangorn. Check it out!

Have you ever been to the Fangorn Tree-Twisting Riddles thread?

Ent Ancient
I have never had a ring in my nose, either! But I did get a Nerd (the candy) up my nose as a kid cause I thought they smelled good. I have never ridden in a helicopter.

Yes, I have posted in Tree-Twisting Riddles and was excited when I got one right but then stressed about writing one myself. Did you participate in any mass name-changing events on the Old Plaza? (e.g., I remember a bunch of people changing to Les Mis characters for a time)

Loremaster of the Herd
I have also never ridden in a helicopter (though I did pretend once, for a show). I have never played Tennis.

I was never around for any mass name-changes, but have you changed your name on NuPlaza?

Warrior of Imladris
I had tennis lessons as a kid. I have never driven/ridden a quad bike.

I have changed my name on OP, NuPlaza and in RL. Apparently I'm fickle like that.
Have you ever worn a minion icon?

High Warden of Tower
I haven't tried a quad bike either. I have never lost my phone.

Err... I have... for about half an hour or so. :tongue: Have you met any plaza folk in person?

Istari Steward
I respect you for never having lost your phone, really wish I could say the same. I guess if you count "and never recovered it either" then I am in the same boat.
I have never posted in bright teal on the plaza.

I've technically met at least two plaza-ites, but one was the person who introduced me to the plaza, and others I knew before I knew they were plaza-ites, so I'm not sure it counts.
Were you ever lectured by halfir?

Black Númenórean
Oops simul with Ducky!

I have probably never posted in bright teal. I make no guarantees.
I have never traveled anywhere on the continent of Africa.

It's possible I got a smacking from halfir at some point or another. I do remember he tribbed me once for creating a thread called 'spammity spam' for reporting spambots.
Did you ever participate in the Potato Armada shenanigans on Old Plaza?

Loremaster of the Herd
I have never traveled anywhere on the continent of Africa. I've also (not yet anyway -- we'll see how virtual Seniority goes) never graduated from college!

I was not involved in the Old Plaza Potato Armada stuff. Have you ever been active on any other LoTR fansites?

Elven Enchanter
I graduated with my BA degree in 2016 and my MA in 2017. I have never been to the Southern Hemisphere.

No, I have not been active on any other LotR fansites. Did you ever have a bunny in the PBA?

Ent Ancient
I have been to the Southern Hemisphere. I was very lucky to call New Zealand home for four wonderful years. I have never seen a wild cat in the wild (such as bobcat, cougar, lion).

I have NO idea what a bunny in the PBA is...so no. But now I am curious. Have you ever worn an animated icon on the Old or New Plaza?

Warrior of Imladris
I have never seen a wild cat in the wild either, I am delighted to say. I have never surfed. :cry:

Have you ever worn an animated icon on the Old or New Plaza? I think there's evidence of me wearing that Rivendell hemorrhoid somewhere on the WBM. Also I worked long and hard to get to Mordor Rank XIII for that pretty ring icon. Image Have you ever written a debate post?

Elven Enchanter
I too have never surfed. I have never broken a bone

Yes, I have written a debate post and still have one from 2012 sitting on my computer. Have you ever had a character die on the plaza (whether in a game or RPed)

Lailorn: (PBA stands for "Pink Bunny Army", which was a rather entertaining part of the Dagda clan.)

Khazad Elder
I have had a Doctor break my bone to straighten my toe after he removed a bunion. I have never seen a live owl.

My first character was named kimli. She died in the fire that burnt down the Ankixogs tent. That was 15 years ago, I believe.

Does anyone remember , Snorta?

Black Númenórean
I have seen a live owl! Not in the wild though, alas.
I have never done a backflip.

I do not remember Snorta. Who or what was Snorta, @drifa?
Have you ever posted in a community art or poetry thread in the Cottage?

Healer of Imladris
If I ever did a backflip it was at about the age of 4 before my burgeoning gymnastics career was cut short by a broken toe. :lol: I have never seen The Godfather.

I have posted in community art and poetry threads but I have never posted an original painting, drawing, or sketch (non-photographic visual art 😆) on the Plaza. Have you?

Warrior of Imladris
(kimli was you, drifa? I never made the connection. I remember the name snorta.)

I have seen all the Godfather films. Being young I liked the third one best. Hello Andy Garcia. I have never seen True Detective (though I plan on changing that soon).

I have posted drawings I've done on OP.. Have you ever done anything for the Plaza Library?

Khazad Elder
Snorta was a member of KD and then she became a member of Fangorn. We use to have so much fun participating in Drill with Oin and Casja (OpalArkenstone/CajsaArkenstone). *grin*

Yes I was kimli. kimli of the bad grammar! *grin*

I have never seen True Detective. Last movie I saw was Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker. I have never shot an animal for sport/food..

I can't really remember what I did, banners maybe, but I know I made more than a few posts in the Plaza Library. Have you ever played Word Seuth , and would you like to play?

Loremaster of the Herd
I have also never shot an animal for sport/food. I did chase pigeons a lot as a little kid. I have never driven across an international border

I've never played Word Sleuth, though I've thought about it! It always seemed just a touch complicated, and I was worried about doing it wrong. Maybe NuPlaza will be my opportunity. Have you ever killed another Plazite's character (with permission, of course)?

Elven Enchanter
I've never been the driver going across an international border, but I've been in a car crossing the border between the USA and Canada. I have never driven a stick-shift/manual car

No, I have not killed off another Plazite's character. Have you ever participated in a Kingdom or Region Army?

Warrior of Imladris
I have driven both manual and automatic cars. I prefer manual. I have never piloted a plane or helicopter. :flail:

I have never participated in a Kingdom/Region army. I was once in a wizard house army briefly before defecting to Mordor. Blame @Túrin for starting it and I think @Elenhir was in there too. Have you ever won a Thief Hunt?

Istari Steward
I've never piloted anything, much less a plane or helicopter (unless you count simulations).
I have never eaten yak meat.

I've never been a series winner in Thief Hunt, but I won individual rounds here and there.
Have you ever sent someone a Christmas gift through a mail thread on Plaza?

Loremaster of the Herd
I have also never eaten yak meet, and in fact I hadn't eaten any meat until the age of nineteen

I've never sent someone a Christmas gift over a mail thread on the Plaza. Have you ever made a stupid mistake on the stupid Knowledge Halls, leaving stupid you with fewer stupid points than you ought to have got? (What? No I'm not projecting--)

Elven Enchanter
I grew up eating meat and still do, though not as often anymore cause it's expensive (and I get tired of eating chicken). I have never been to Boston in the fall.

Yes, on the first quiz on NuPlaza I answered that JRR Tolkien was the Lord of the Rings. :embarrassed: Have you ever role-played as your Halloween icon?

Ent Ancient
I have been to Boston in late summer/early fall if that counts. I visited a friend and it was a nice time! I have never been surfing.

I don't think I have RPed a Halloween icon, but its possible I did and just forgot about it. Have you ever posted about Tom Bombadil in lore (old or New plaza)?

(Dim: ohh. Now PBA is familiar to me! Thanks.)

Black Númenórean
I have never surfed! It sounds really fun, though.
While I have snowboarded, I have never skied

I don't think I ever dipped my toe into any lore topics about Tom Bombadil. Way too intimidating.
Have you ever had a username with a diacritical mark (or marks)?

Healer of Imladris
I looooooove skiing. The one time I tried snowboarding I could only turn in one direction without falling down. 😂 I have never been fishing in the ocean.

I think I briefly was Ellindale with dots over one of those e's, but clearly I'm too lazy to ever do that again! Have you ever RP'ed from the POV of an animal?

Guard of The Mark
I have been fishing in the ocean! Or at least that was the intent; I didn't catch anything and spent most of my time just sitting quietly trying to keep my insides from becoming outsides. I have never seen a tornado in real life.

I... don't remember? It's possible but I doubt it (unless you count Redwall forums elsewhere. No, no, that doesn't count). Does anyone else remember the old Rohirric Rat Races? Did you participate?

Khazad Elder
I have never seen a tornado 🌪️. But one did pass just a mile away from us a couple of years ago.
I have never sung in a karaoke venue.

I do not remember the rat races. Do you remember Lava Snake Racing in Mordor?

Warrior of Imladris
I have sung in a karaoke venue, not recently but back in my army days. Once you pop, you can't stop - also true of karaoke. I have never ridden a bucking bronco machine (what? they look like fun!)

I do remember Lava Snake Racing in Mordor, but I do not remember what my snake was called. That was a long time ago now. Were you a member of a plaza family (accidentally or on purpose)?

High Warden of Tower
A bucking bronco machine? What's that even? ;) Nope, haven't... I have never done 100 push-ups in one go.

I was, very much on purpose; and still am proudly calling myself an Alarion. Have you ever received scolding from any thread runners/rulers/admins for rule breaking?