I Have Never...

And of old it was not darksome, but full of light and splendour, as is still remembered in our songs.
Storyteller
I have gotten several tattoos (two of which are Tolkien inspired). 🧝‍♂️ I have never played Dungeons & Dragons.

I can't remember participating in a melee or battle tournament, although I ran one similar in Goblin-town (Goblin-town vs Mt. Gundabad). Were you ever a writer or contributor for any of the old kingdom newsletters?

Doorwarden of The Mark
Oh man D&D is great when you're with the right people! I've played and run many iterations of that and other RPGs over the years. Having a blast running my younglings through a Gillespie dungeon (Highfell) using mostly ACKS rules right now.
I have never sang karaoke.

I started the old Rædboda way back in the day. Monthly issues, solicited articles, etc. Speaking of back in the day:
What's your earliest Plaza memory?

Black Númenórean
I have done tons of karaoke in my time. My favorite style is private noraebang (Korean karaoke) rooms filled with tons of friends screaming along to 90s pop rock (in normal times of course). I have never eaten octopus.

My earliest memories of the Plaza are taking the knowledge halls and peeking my head into Rivendell in 2002. Have you ever swapped characters with someone?
she/her | Esta tierra no es mía, soy de la nocheósfera.

Doorwarden of The Mark
I suppose the connoisseurs will disagree, but I don't think octopus tastes too differently from squid. I have never broken a bone.

I have never swapped characters with someone... minor godmoding w/permission, but never a full on swap. I think I would be too critical of anyone else writing Blædtunge or Wamba. Like Conan! Howard 4 lyfe. I am fascinated at others' answers to that question though, so at the risk of violating the letter and possibly also the spirit of the rules, I'm going to ask the same one: Have you ever swapped characters with someone?

Ent Ancient
Yes, I've broken bones but never been the cause of someone else's broken bones! I have never seen a full solar eclipse.

I have not swapped characters with someone so sorry, no interesting answer for you. I would not care if someone played one of my characters but I do not want to play someone else's! Playing a named canon character is scary enough for me. :headshake: Have you ever RPed a character doing something that you have actually have RL expertise/experience doing?

With my goal of trying new things here, you all have me thinking I should start a NuPlaza Bucket List with some of the ideas in this thread...

Doorwarden of The Mark
Oh there was a cool full solar eclipse a couple of years ago -- turned the day blood red (okay, sepia, but that's not nearly as dramatic) for a minute; 't'was wild.
I have never driven/ridden a snow machine

Does singing count? Singing counts. IRL I've performed in front of live audiences many times on a variety of instruments including voice. I write spoken-word stuff (poetry) on the Plaza too, but if I write a song in RP there's a good chance it's got a tune to it, too. I still sing "The Wind King" to the goodwife and/or the younglings.
What is something you remember from the OldPlaza that you'd love to experience on the NewPlaza once again?

High Lord of Imladris
I have driven and ridden on a snow machine (we call them ski-doos they're all skidoos) I have almost been KILLED involving a skidoo when I was much younger (it also included a GT-Snowracer sled you know toboggan for kids to go down a hill then climb back up...) I have never ridden on a seadoo/Jetski

The Library. It was one of my first loves for a section on the Plaza. And was the only place I enjoyed partaking in Lore - mostly because it tended to be at my own pace. What is your last Plaza memory?
Sereg a Dîn

Thain of The Mark
I have never ridden a seadoo/Jetski either. I have never skateboarded.

Last plaza memory is writing this post. :rofl: However, if we mean Old Plaza, then probably finishing my first fanfic in its entirety. It was the first novel-ish length work I wrote, as well as being the first story I finished completely. Have you ever stayed up all night writing Plaza posts?

Thain of The Mark
I have attempted to skateboard, discovered I wasn't very good at it, and promptly got back on my bike. I have never been a bridesmaid or groomsman (but I have kinda been a best man)

On old plaza, not that I recall, although it probably happened in my late uni days. However I have definitely done this on NuPlaza far too many times, still madly typing on my phone even as the sun was rising and my boyfriend's alarm went off for him to get up for work, pretending I had been asleep out of guilt and embarrassment even while some people are shouting at me on Discord to GO SLEEP. I'm proud to say I am practising (read, attempting) more healthy posting habits now I am back to full time employment. Have you ever role-played killing another person's plaza character?

Elven Enchanter
I was a junior bridesmaid for my sister's wedding 15 years ago, but haven't been in a wedding party since. I have never visited the US East Coast.

No, but depending on how things go, it might be happening with a certain chicken in the black market fairly soon. Have you ever drunk posted on the plaza?

Doorwarden of The Mark
Yep, East Coast, West Coast, Gulf Coast... I have never seen the Great Lakes

:lol: I have not! Although some of my songs have been influenced by *ahem* being under the influence... Have you ever regretted a plaza post the "morning after?"

Warrior of Imladris
I have seen great lakes, but not The Great Lakes. Yours would I have never visited the Dead Sea.

Oh gosh, yes. And deleted! :lol: Have you ever adopted a posting colour as your Signature Look?
The Wood-elves lingered in the twilight of our Sun and Moon, but loved best the stars.

High Lord of Imladris
I have never visited the Dead Sea never been to that part of the world yet sadly. I have never used a tanning bed

I mean black is my signature look. Though for a short while my signature look in the Host back when Rilome and company ran it of posting in dark red as it was 'given to me' as a colour for my use in the host. Have you ever absolutely hated a Halloween icon set that you were stuck with (OldPlaza of course since we can change or op out at will on NuPlaza)

Storyteller
I have never used a tanning bed either, and I can't imagine that I ever will. I have never slipped on a banana peel.

I'm sure I did at some point on the Old Plaza, but I never had any qualms about spending 50 points to change kingdoms, so it wouldn't have been a problem. Did you ever make a fan club of any sort in Legolas Love Letters?

Thain of The Mark
I have never slipped on a banana peel either. I have never shaved my head.

I never hung out in LLL at all to my recollection. I rarely go all-out fan on the same things as many other people. Have you ever lost track of a Plaza RPG you were participating in (most likely on Old Plaza at this point) and retconned your character into unconsciousness so you didn't need to read everything?

Ent Ancient
I have not shaved my head but was once offered a good sum of money to do so along with a photoshoot. I chickened out and my friend did it instead. She looked great with a shaved head! I have never cooked a turkey for Thanksgiving/other holiday.

I am sure I have because I forgot stuff all the time on the OP. Probably more likely I would have just dropped out though because I don't like catching up on threads. Have you ever invented a character with the intention of letting them die or be killed?

Black Númenórean
I have never cooked a turkey for any occasion, either! I literally have no idea how to prepare any meat at all. :lol: I have never gone backcountry skiing/snowboarding.

I haven't created a character with the intention of having them die/be killed. Maybe I should, though! :googly: Have you ever created a Plaza character inspired by non-Tolkien myths or sources?

Dúnadan
I haven't gone backcountry skiing/snowboarding either, though it looks like a ton of fun! I have never seen the Northern Lights.

A lot of my characters draw some inspiration from non-Tolkien sources, though it's mainly just little ideas about personality or backstory. Have you ever made a Plaza character that you ended up hating?

Elven Enchanter
I too have never seen the Northern Lights. I've been far enough north, but not at the right time of year. Would love to see them someday though. I have never been in a snowball fight

Maybe not hated, but I've certainly made Plaza characters that are less than ideal and usually only pull out for RP games that won't impact their character development. Have you ever wished you could be one of your Plaza characters in Real Life?

Doorwarden of The Mark
Snowball fights are fun, for... five minutes. After that I just wish it could be airsoft instead. I have never flown in a helicopter.

Well I wrote a story from the perspective of a Hobbit so I guess I can now definitively say "yes" LOL! Has the depiction of an element of Prof. Tolkien's work on the Plaza (by a Plaza-ite) ever made you reconsider your initial opinion of said element?

Khazad Elder
I have never flown in a helicopter. I have never had sushi.

I do not like reading that Dwarves have no beards. It makes me reconsider my initial opinion of said element from Mr. Tolkien's work. which I was at first, casual about. But now it sort of disappoints me. Next thing you know, Hobbits will be tall and lean, Orc's will have fair complexions, and Ent's will wear boots!! :googly:

Have you ever been in a Plaza Olympics?

Thain of The Mark
I have had sushi, and it is honestly one of my favorite foods. Especially since we have a local sushi restaurant that is run by a pair of Japanese brothers. I have never picked/eaten wild mushrooms.

I have not participated in a Plaza Olympics. It all seemed super intimidating back on Old Plaza, plus I never actually had the time. Have you ever RP'd a character on the Plaza with a serious impairment (physical, mental, or otherwise?)

Knight of The Mark
I have picked/eaten wild mushrooms. I have never built a house.

No, I have never RP'd a character on the Plaza with a serious impairment (physical, mental, or otherwise). I wouldn't mind trying but I'm not sure I would be any good at it. Have you ever had a dream in which you were your plaza character and interacted with other plaza characters?
Rohirrim at heart, always.

High Warden of Tower
Neither have I. I have never slept in an airplane.

Ahahaha. I have had such dreams, a few times - when excited about RP. Have you ever written about yawning in a post and yawned in real life at the same time?

High Lord of Imladris
I have many many times though I sleep better on transatlantic ones than the smaller planes. I have never milked a cow

Heck just reading this I yawned so undoubtedly yes. Have you ever wished you could have your plaza characters weapons in real life?

Doorwarden of The Mark
I have not, but I did partake of a setup at a county fair that simulated everything except the muck-encrusted tail hitting you in the face. I have never competed at a fair.

Aye, so - and more, wished for the skill and strength with which to use them! A spear is no standard-haft, nor a sword for display. Have you gone down a "rabbit trail" of reading whilst researching some obscure detail of one of your RP posts?

Thain of The Mark
I have competed at a fair, but never in any livestock categories. I was a 4-H kid, and my main project over the years was Fashions & Fabrics. I always had something entered in a lot of the sewing categories. I have never seen a dog give birth.

Probably. I definitely do this for regular writing, so I'm sure I've done it for a Plaza post as well. Have you ever rewritten a Plaza post after you posted it?

Istari Steward
Ummm yeah can't say I have either, don't really go out of my way to watch things give birth tbh. I have never worn pinstripe pants.

I've never completely re-written a plaza post after I posted, though I've done some edits, and I've begun typing only to delete the whole thing. Have you ever posted an embarrassing picture on the plaza?

Black Númenórean
I may have worn pinstripe pants at some point in my life? Unlikely, but I won't rule it out. I have never been to France.

I have posted some goofy pictures on the Plaza but none that I'd categorize as embarrassing (unless you count some of the terrible photography I used to post in the Cottage on Old Plaza). Have you ever found a surprise archive of old Plaza stuff on a computer or hard drive?

Dúnadan
I have also never been to France, although I would absolutely love to go! I have never been on a boat.

I was going through my e-mail the other day trying to find my original plaza-versary, and managed to find the first messages that another member and I sent each other when I first joined, and we ended up becoming really good friends! It was definitely a trip down memory lane. Have you ever joined a different kingdom, only to switch right back?

Chef
I have been on more boats than I can count or remember. And I've only capsized one of them! I have never had a manicure.

I...don't think I've ever switched kingdoms? Unless my memory has failed me. I'm a hobbit down to my bones apparently. Have you ever accidentally closed a tab/window and lost a plaza post?
they/them/actual hobbit in search of a merrier world

High Lord of Imladris
I have not either! Won't until I stop tattooing can't have long nails or nail polish. I have never had a pedicure

Yes. I did it like 2 days ago actually when I was writing a post for the Lindon Masquerade. The post was finished. It as frustrating. Have you ever clicked away from a post and then be saved by the back button on the Plaza for an exceptionally long post?

Thain of The Mark
I have had a pedicure, though not often. They are expensive. I have never dyed my hair.

For an exceptionally long post? No. But I take precautions with those anyway. I don't usually draft long posts directly in the post box, I do it in a Word doc. Have you ever started a silly lore thread?

Elven Enchanter
I have never dyed my hair either, though I used gray hair spray paint for a theatre production one time. I have never shaved my head

Yes, see the "Farmer Maggot is Melkor" thread in Lore. That's what happens when you receive a lore dare in discord at a late hour. Have you ever posted in foo?

Knight of The Mark
I have shaved my hair once and I really liked my hair that short but I don't think I would do it again as I love my hair long too. I have never owned a cat.

Yes, I used to post in foo on old plaza. Have you ever pulled and all nighter to chat or rp with your plaza friends?
Rohirrim at heart, always.

Thain of The Mark
I have almost always owned a cat. Or more than one. The only time I did not physically possess a cat was the first 3 months after I was married, because we couldn't afford the pet deposit at our apartment. But I still had a cat, he just lived at my parent's house. I have never owned a horse.

I'm 99% sure I stayed up all night chatting in Hotel California during my Old Plaza days at least once. On NuPlaza? Not so much. I'm 35 now and lack of sleep is a huge migraine trigger that I do my best to avoid. Have you ever dived into the Old Plaza archives on Way Back When hunting for an obscure tidbit of your old character backstory?

Warrior of Imladris
I have never owned a horse, except in Red Dead Redemption Online. I have never enjoyed ironing.

Have you ever dived into the Old Plaza archives on Way Back when hunting for an obscure tidbit of your old character backstory? Not intentionally - I did find out that my Maia character was 'dead', much to my surprise, thanks to the DoM. Have you ever really enjoyed a plaza game and lost, but felt like you won because the people in your team were just the BEST?
The Wood-elves lingered in the twilight of our Sun and Moon, but loved best the stars.

Thain of The Mark
Does anyone enjoy ironing? Truly? :rofl: 'cause I don't. The only time I reluctantly do it is when I'm sewing because pressing seams is very necessary. I have never cooked or eaten duck.

:embarrassed: I have never participated in a Plaza game that was setup with teams. Have you ever triggered the Plaza's curse filter in a post?

High Lord of Imladris
I have both cooked and eaten duck (I made a full Chinese new years feast and Duck was one of the dishes... don't ask me what I was thinking there were THREE of us to eat this massive feast) I have never tried horse meat.

Yup I have triggered Shire several times on new plaza. Also snakeoil on old plaza. I don't remember what that one was for though. LOTRO Gold??? Not sure. Have you ever looked at an intro post to a Plaza thread (old or nu)you signed up for and gone I'm out this is too indepth for me?

Guardian of Imladris
I have never tried horse meat, although I have had the chance to try it in the past. I just heard that it wasn't supposed to be tasty and kind of tough, so I chose not to try it :). I have never been to Japan.

Oh yeah for sure, countless times :rofl: . Have you ever wondered what race you would belong to and where you would live if you were actually existing in Tolkien's universe?
"Mae govannen mellon nin."

Thain of The Mark
I have never been to Japan either, but a dear friend of mine went to Japan a few years ago and brought back some delicious candy. I have never raised turkeys.

Not really? I figured I'd probably be human, no matter what. If we looked at similar characteristics between where I live now and Middle-earth, I'd almost certainly be Rohir. Have you ever run a game/RP that royally flopped on the Plaza (old or new)?

Chef
I have never raised turkeys, but I've taken care of them (and been attacked by them, but that's a whole other story). I have never had pet fish.

I'm certain I have because that sort of thing really contributed to my ruler burnout, but I can't think of any specific examples. Have you ever been to a place that felt like you imagined somewhere in Middle-earth would feel (and if so, where was it)?

High Lord of Imladris
I sort of have? It was my boyfriends I was in charge of naming it. It was named Crunchy. I have never finished and adventure race

Yes. where I grew up. It is very very much the Shire. It is a place forgotten in time compared to most other places, people there tend to stay there their whole lives, it is as it were 'good green earth' rolling hills many people are farmers, or they do logging, there are no major manufacturing jobs there - the major industries are Farming and Timber in that order and 2 horus away there is a place called Rivendell Cross Country Ski resort which is in a ravine near one set of 'mountains' and if you miss the ONE tiny sign for it you will not find it. Have you ever turned your plaza character into a DnD character?

Warrior of Imladris
I have never started an adventure race, so finishing one would be tricky. Also, I am not entirely sure what an adventure race is, so perhaps I am assuming I have never done one when in fact I have done many. I am merely assuming it is not like orienteering, or an assault course, both of which I have done and completed, since the alternative was .... er, painful. I have often thought it would be nice to have one - apart from the cleaning, but I have never had an aquarium.

I know nothing about DnD. I clearly do not know enough nerds IRL. Have you posted any of your own art (specifically not photographs) on the plaza?

Storyteller
I've never had an aquarium either, but my partner and I have been considering getting one lately. I have never worn a watch on my right wrist.

No, I've not posted any of my own art on the Plaza, apart from banners that I've made for threads and kingdoms. I'm not very good at art. Have you ever RP'ed a member of the Fellowship?

Thain of The Mark
I don't like wearing anything on my wrists, but when I do wear a watch (like my fitness watch), I alternate wrists because then it bugs me less. I have never owned a reptile as a pet.

I have not RP'd a member of the Fellowship. Have you ever RP'd killing off a canon character?

High Lord of Imladris
I have not either, I've had a room mate with a beardie though in my house. I have never owned a BluRay player

I have not at least not that I remember, I did play Legolas in a historical RP on Old Plaza so it's possible? Have you ever had dreams about reading posts that weren't up yet on the plaza from friends?

Storyteller
My parents owned an actual Blu-ray player when I lived at home. Since then, I've only had a PS3 and PS4 which have both had Blu-ray players inlcluded, so no need for me to get one on its own. I have never watched the animated LotR or Hobbit movies.

I've had dreams about making posts of my own and then the reactions posts from others. I very rarely have dreams about the Plaza though. Maybe only ever once or twice. Have you ever had dreams about The Lord of the Rings itself?

Chef
I have never owned a bluray player either, although I did save up for my household's first DVD player circa 2002 just so I could watch the extended editions. I have never learned to apply makeup on myself or anyone else.

I almost never remember my dreams, so I doubt it. Have you ever accidentally started a thread in the wrong forum?

Warrior of Imladris
Oh gosh, I am appalling at that too, despite watching countless narcissistic youtube videos. I feel more kinship with you than ever before, now! But facepaints ...ah, that's another story. I have never been in a hot tub.

I want to say yes, because it sounds like something I would do, but I can't think of any specific instances. Have you ever snorted a drink/spat food over your keyboard at something funny on the plaza?