I Have Never...

And of old it was not darksome, but full of light and splendour, as is still remembered in our songs.
Khazad Elder
My son once asked me to watch his dog and cat for a couple of weeks. Those couple of weeks turned into five years. I am not a cat lover but I must say that, with the help of a small spray bottle, I was able to train the cat, Lady was her name, not to go on the kitchen counters. Now I did learn that cats have I mind of their own and she may have been on the counters in the wee hours of the night whilst we slept or when we weren't home, but never when we were about the house. I would just show her the spray bottle when she entered the kitchen, and she would leave the the room. She was a good cat. :smile:

I have never been to a professional NFL match, but I have been to a professional CFL match. I have never had a Pina Colada.

I have never made a post of smilies, but I do remember in the day some kind of spam fest would take place and it would be all smilies. Have you ever play the game hangman on the plaza and would you?

High Warden of Tower
Neither have I, unless a homemade smoothie of similar ingredients counts. I have never managed to drop eggs and tomatoes right on people's heads while throwing them out my window (as a teenager, mind you) to see if I can attack innocent passers-by without being seen.

I don't think I have, but maybe might. :D Have you ever forgotten to post in a rather important thread?

Thain of The Mark
... :rofl: That's awfully specific of you, @Pele Alarion. I have never thrown eggs or tomatoes at people either. I have never had fried green tomatoes.

Er... not that I remember. LOL. Have you ever posted in a diary thread on the Plaza (OP or Nu)?

Chef
I actually have had fried green tomatoes. They were delicious! They were Georgia-made too. I have never read "Robinson Crusoe."

I don't think I've posted in a Plaza diary thread before, but I can't be sure. I used to have so much free time on here that I may have and I just don't remember.
Have you ever watched the movie Tolkien and wondered if they would ever bring up him writing the Hobbit?

Healer of Imladris
I haven't either! Hmm, maybe I'll add it to my list of quickish December books so that my Goodreads challenge doesn't look quite as sad. :lol: I have never gotten stitches."

I watched the Tolkien movie on an airplane and enjoyed the friendship shenanigans, but now that you mention it the Hobbit was rather absent, wasn't it? Have you ever watched a movie or tv show recommended to you by a Plaza member?
Top-class Canine Alter Ego Associate of Aerlinn Mordagnir

Istari Steward
I have also not gotten stitches, though running into the corner of the wall as a toddler made it nearly happen. I have never kissed anyone as part of a theatre production.

I don't think I've watched a movie or tv show on a plaza member's word, but I have taken suggestions from the what are you listening to thread in OoME. Have you ever lived through a live plaza server transfer?

High Lord of Imladris
I have never kissed anyone either for a theatre production. I have never played a major roll in a theatre production

Being one of the people that orchestrated the first live plaza server transfer after Mo left and the server we were on was starting to fail completely. Yes. I've been through 2 of them. Fortunately the second one I'd managed to get out of being the 'primary coder' LOL and Dain was in charge of that one though I helped find the server company I believe on that one too. I was terrified on the first one because honestly was certain I was going to destroy the plaza and everyone would hate me and was trying to do it while working on a film production as an apprentice so NO time off aside from time to sleep it transfer #1 so I was on my cellphone talking to the server company (we paid them to do it because I couldn't have done it back then) while trying to distress/age clothing for a character in the Haunting of Connecticut... for me was an absolute nightmare but it worked and nobody flayed me alive and we stayed on that server for 2 ish years? I don't even rememeber anymore. I've repressed those memories lol too traumatizing. Did you ever Partake in any of the Children of Hurin contests run by Halfir on Old Plaza?

Khazad Elder
I have played a major roll in a theatre production. I was a star in my high school (plays, musicals, etc.) days. I have never been to Salinas in Monterey County, California. I always thought the name was cool having heard it most of my life in the song, Me and Bobby Mcgee, and from reading Steinbeck.

No I never partook in any of the Children of Hurin contests run by Halfir on Old Plaza. Was it fun? Have you ever won a banner contest on the Plaza?

High Warden of Tower
I've never been the US, so no California. :wink: I have never sung in a choir.

Nope, I have never participated, my banners are too simple for competitions. Have you ever RPed an animal?

Healer of Imladris
I've sung in a few! In school for a couple of years and some miscellaneous church groups and stuff. I always wanted to audition for this thing in Seattle that organizes period costume Christmas carol quartets but you had to do a monologue too and I'm reallllyyyyy not an actor. I have never danced the waltz.

Tevildo stared at the words in purrrrplexion. Who are you calling an animal! he sniffed. Have you ever posted on the Plaza from a school computer?

High Lord of Imladris
I have danced a waltz many times. I have never cooked salmon

I have I spent basically the first half of my days in grade 12 on the Plaza instead of doing work, in fact I learned I was going to become an admin on a school computer. (though that was Uni not Highschool and I was suppose to be printing off an English Essay) Have you been mistaken for being a lot older/younger than you were on the plaza?

Khazad Elder
I have cooked salmon, nice steak salmons. What a treat! I have never worn lipstick for a day.

Hm, I am not sure, I would have to take a poll. I often think, though, that most would take me for older because of the expressions I use and the way I express them. Have you ever mistook a plaza member as male when they actual are female and vice versa?
The world was fair in Durin's Day

Elven Enchanter
I've worn lipstick before, but I don't think it has lasted the entire day. I'm not a fan of most makeup in general. I have never been on a cruise.

Yes, who hasn't? Sometimes it's hard to tell, especially if people RP has multiple characters of different genders. That's what is nice about have the pronouns section in the profile as it makes making that mistake much harder, if not impossible. Have you ever fallen for one of Mojo's "dad jokes" in the Halls of Knowledge?

Chef
I have never been on a cruise either. (Oof, I miss going places, thanks 2020.) I have never been able to do a cartwheel.

Oh, absolutely I have, and then I get annoyed with myself, and then I laugh. Have you ever abandoned an RP and then jumped back into it months later?
they/them/actual hobbit in search of a merrier world

Thain of The Mark
I can do a cartwheel, but it has been many years since I have attempted one. I have not traveled outside of my state this year (or province, for you international folks, or it might mean country for some of you also!)

I honestly do not recall. It's possible, especially on Old Plaza when I was still living with parents/grandparents and would get grounded at times (even though I was over 18.) Have you ever avoided posting to keep a pretty-looking points and/or post total for as long as possible?

High Lord of Imladris
I have not traveled out side of my province this year - I had plans to. I have not done my Christmas/Yule shopping yet.

I have not stayed at a pretty looking point/post total I tend to bull rush to the flaming flower lol. Did you ever go back to New Soul after an ATR/SCR on Old plaza?

New Soul
I still don't know how Christmas will look like this year, so I haven't done my Christmas shopping either. I have never managed to successfully translate a poem from my native language (Croatian for anyone curious) to English.

Honestly, I don't remember if I ever got an ATR/SCR on the Old Plaza, I don't think so, so it's a no from me :lol: Did you ever save a thread you were posting in or found interesting on your computer/CD/USB/whathaveyou on the Old/New Plaza?
She/her.
Solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant

High Warden of Tower
Oi... I hope I'll never have to translate any poems, not even into my native language for I would fail miserably. Contracts and even cosmetics ads are way much easier... I have never played ice hockey.

I have a folder on my computer with all sorts of plaza treasures: yes, one thread, and also all my Ranger training posts, healing stuff, games I've run, pictures, character bios... Have you ever kept clicking 'reload' almost every minute to see if any new posts are up?

Elven Enchanter
I've never played ice hockey, but I grew up playing street hockey on roller skates. Lots of great memories there. I have never learned a second language.

Yes, I've certainly been guilty of that, especially at the start of NuPlaza when everything seemed to be going a mile a minute. Have you ever started a joke lore thread?

Fea
I've started learning a few second languages, but never got very far with them, sadly. It's still very much on my life-to-do list. I have never been to a ceilidh (much to my Scottish mother's disbelief/regret).

I've never done that, no, but I'm also fairly confident any lore thread I started could quite unintentionally be a joke lore thread. Is there any Kingdom you've never tried the avatar/icon out for?

High Lord of Imladris
I have never been to a proper ceilidh I have been to St Patricks day event at an Irish club which was very close to one. I have never liked coffee in any form

Honestly most of them? I've only ever worn the flower and the vial never any of the others. Have you ever changed your character because you've learned something new lore wise?

Black Númenórean
I love coffee in many forms and drink a couple cups daily. I have never had a pet bird.

Possibly? But if so it was so long ago that I've forgotten. I've never really been too strict about canon or timelines. XD Have you ever printed a thread from the Plaza so you could read it offline?
she/her | Esta tierra no es mía, soy de la nocheósfera.

Chieftain of The Mark
I have often printed threads from the Plaza to read offline. I save them too, but reading a proper document is much more satisfying (and easier on the eye).

Have you ever revived an old NPC and realised many posts in that he/she was acting out of character, and operating under the name of another you'd forgotten all about?
- he hath not forgotten Image the face of his fathers -

Thain of The Mark
@Aodh Hammerhelm You're supposed to include a real-life "I have never" as well, so there's a total of 2 questions per post. :wink:

Combining's Tara's 'I Have Never' with Aodh's Plaza question, but if Aodh adds an 'I Have Never' I will update my post with my answer to that!

I *have* had a pet bird, many times over now. My current chickens sort-of count, though they don't live in the house usually. However, we had 2 cockatiels when I was growing up. They were a hoot! I have never ridden a unicycle.

I have not. :rofl: That sounds like a nightmare to sort out. Have you ever revived an old character and deliberately changed their name?

Chieftain of The Mark
@Taethowen , :brickwall: - thanks, freond. 2 questions next time!
- he hath not forgotten Image the face of his fathers -

Healer of Imladris
I have ridden a unicycle...depending on your definition of ridden. :lol: Let's just say that I haven't ridden one for very long. I have never painted on canvas.

Hmmm, it seems like the sort of thing I would do but I can't think of a specific incidence. There were a couple minor characters, Aerlinn's relatives, whose names I couldn't remember with the Plaza reboot so I just started from the beginning again. Have you ever texted--actual old school text messages *g* not MSN or Discord or instant messaging--with another Plaza member?

High Lord of Imladris
I have painted on canvas mutliple times. I have never been to the southern hemisphere

No. I have talked on the phone with three, but never texted because Beebs and Hoths phones didn't have data or texting at the time - aka Land lines. and the other was Aig and we also only talked on landline becuase it was cheaper than international texting Did you ever talk someone you know into joining the plaza?

Khazad Elder
I have only been to the southern hemisphere in my dreams. And it has always been in Greece. :smile: I have never eaten soufflé.

Yes I have. I received a phone call once from OpalArkenstone/CajsaArkenstone . It was not a surprise for we had planned it. It seemed so surreal talking with her (she isn't a real dwarf, but she is a miner). It was fun. I chatted with her on Facebook not long ago too. It would be nice to see her again. :smile: Have you ever Rped a dwarf and if not can you list 3 reasons why you have not?

Thain of The Mark
I have eaten souffle! I'm rather partial to Panera Bread's Spinach & Artichoke souffle, mmm. I have never made souffle.

I have not RP'd a dwarf, and I don't know if I can list three reasons, but I can list two - on Old Plaza, I stuck primarily to RP in Rohan, and on NuPlaza, I haven't had any inspiration hit for a Dwarven character so far. But the idea of it does intrigue me. Have you ever RP'd an inanimate object on the Plaza?

Chef
I have never made a souffle either, but that might be a fun thing to try now that I think about it. I have never learned to speak in a different accent than my natural one.

I was racking my brain about this one, and I honestly can't remember, but it sure seems like something I might have done. Have you ever deleted a post because you caught an embarrassing typo after posting?

Fea
I have also never learned to speak in a different accent to my natural one. But I'm always really impressed with the people who can do all sorts of accents effortlessly! I have never dyed my hair a different colour to its natural one.

I've definitely deleted posts because I've made mistakes with the post as a whole e.g. either realising I'd totally misunderstood someone else's post, or most recently because I was trying to nab the top page of the Entish Blessings thread before realising it was only nearing the 30 rather than 50 post mark (and I thought 20, rather than 2, spam posts was probably a bit excessive). Have you ever had a dream that was Plaza related?

New Soul
I have! This year is "crazy" colour year on my head. :lol: I've been purple, then hot pink and now blue. I'm aiming for something green next time I go to the hairdressers. I have never had to fill in a tax return form (for myself).

Yes, if you count that I dreamed that I forgot to reply to an important post somewhere :lol: Have you ever added a book on your to read list simply because someone on the Plaza really loved it?
She/her.

High Lord of Imladris
I have up until I was 24 and then became permanently self employed then I tossed them on to my uncle (a Professional Chartered Accountant, Chartered Professional Accountant??? Gods he'd never let me touch his fancy whiskey again if he knew I couldn't remember his legit title - he's also the owner of the entire firm he works for so I get some solid help on that end now) I have never been suspended from school

No. Not the plaza. I have gotten a book because someone on a different forum loved a book so much they bought it for me a shipped it to me via amazon like.... 13 years ago now. Have you ever seen the Phil_d_one live commentary on Eurovision?

High Warden of Tower
Neither have I (though I did manage to skip some classes). I have never been on a yacht.

Errr... nope. :D Have you ever mixed up posts for some reason and posted in a thread what was meant for a different one?

Khazad Elder
I have never been on a yacht, though, I always thought it would be fun to sleep in a aft cabin on a boat. I have never been in a helicopter.

I have probably mixed up threads, I just can't remember any particular instance. Have you done this on NuPlaza yet? I sometimes open edit in a old post (mostly in games etc.) to copy the code for a new post. But what happens is, I forget which window is which and I refresh the old post (having created a new post in it ), instead of the new post; subsequently losing the old post. :grin: :brickwall: :shrug: :googly:

Chef
I have been in a helicopter, but it was just to get a good view of the Grand Canyon. So it was not a full blown-out trip. I have never seen an episode of Game of Thrones.

I have not tried editing a new post from an old post yet, so I am glad I have not done it. Seems to be a messy affair. So thanks for the warning! I have never joined in on an official Plaza debate. They tend to intimidate me.

Thain of The Mark
I have never seen a full episode of Game of Thrones, but I have seen enough of the show overall to know that it doesn't interest me (hubby was a big fan until the final season). Or, rather, it did interest me overall, but there's only so much gratuitous violence I can watch before I get nightmares. I have never ridden a camel.

I have never joined a Plaza debate either. They are highly intimidating and I know I would make some gross error and end up with my foot in my mouth. There's a reason I'm rarely seen in the Lore forums. :rofl: Have you ever 'commissioned' a work at one of the IC markets in one of the Plaza kingdoms?

High Lord of Imladris
Apparently I HAVE ridden a Camel (they use to have camel rides at Assiniboine Zoo apparently and I was a little kid when it happened) I have never been thrown from a horse.

I have not oddly enough. I tend to be one of the commissioned peoples as the Master Smith of Imladris lol. Have you ever taken part of an RPG that is not LOTR based on OP?

Chef
As I've never ridden a horse, it's safe to say I've never been thrown from one either. I have never had a pet bird.

I've definitely done some Halloween RPGs in OP. I have a dim memory of Doctor Who, Alice in Wonderland, and Buffy the Vampire Slayer RPs over the years, and I'm sure I've forgotten others. Have you ever run a market stall on plaza?

Thain of The Mark
We had two cockatiels when I was a child. Plus now I have More Chickens than I'm supposed to according to my city ordinances but shhh. I have never owned a goat.

I have/do run a market stall! My shop in the Riddermarket (Awesnis Gærwe Nædleprica) has been around since the very first Riddermarket in Rohan all the way back on OP. Have you ever killed off one of your Plaza characters?

High Warden of Tower
Neither have I, though my parents did - several goats. I have never watched a hockey game in person.

Hmmm, maybe not, but that can be remedied. Have you ever cried, while reading a post?

High Lord of Imladris
I have. Junior, minor and NHL games. I have never watched a Rugby game in person

Yes. @Taeth-on-Hiatus has made me cry on np already. have you ever resurrected a character you've killed on either plaza?

Balrog
Neither have I. I have never seen a bear in the wild

If you count Beranwine and Tenebrous who never actually showed up alive then yes, otherwise no. Do you have a specific song that plays in your head when writing/plotting for your main character?
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Ent Ancient
I have seen both black and grizzly bears in the wild and I will say it was amazing and somewhat frightening. I definitely have a healthy respect (and love from a distance) for bears. I have never been rock climbing outdoors on real rocks.

No but I have definitely heard songs that make me think of them! Has your character ever gotten drunk and done something stupid/silly? (if not please feel free it might be entertaining)

Fea
I have been, although if you mean with all the proper gear and equipment, it was a long time ago. I have never owned a motor vehicle.

Most of my RPing so far has been as a squirrel, so haven't really given myself the opportunity, but I will consider as an option going forwards! Have you ever been tempted to leave little messages to people in white without giving any indication that they are in your post? e.g. like this. well done on finding it, oh shrewd one

Istari Steward
I have owned a motor vehicle, twice. The first one was destroyed in a horrible car accident that I luckily emerged from with very little harm a few years ago. I have never had a daughter.

I've rarely been tempted to leave secret messages, though it's a good idea. The need to edit posts always puts me off, even just changing the color of the text. Lazy, I know. Bless the quick post box. Have you ever had a post deleted for not following the color code rules?

Balrog
I have never had a daughter, or children of an variety. Have you ever lived in student housing (not dorms)

I have not, I've only just starting posting in colors and I pick utterly random ones per character so I'm usually safe. Have you ever posted a response in the wrong thread?

Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

New Soul
I went to uni in my home town, so I have never been in student housing (I don't even know if we have student housing that aren't dorms in Croatia *thinking face*) I have never broken an Erlenmeyer Flask.

Thankfully, no. :lol: I triple check before I post because I'm well paranoid is a word that comes to mind. :lol: Have you ever gotten hungry or thirsty while crafting a response for a pub thread?
She/her.

Fea
Had to google what that was - a conical flask! (I don't think I've ever heard that other far fancier-looking term for it. I'm clearly uneducated! :lol: ) I haven't, but one of my favourite (or at least most memorable) chemistry lessons at school was when we were being assessed as part of a practical exam, and my neighbour had clamped a conical flask over her Bunsen burner to heat what we were supposed to be heating in test tubes. My science teacher nearly fell over himself to hurry over to get her to stop (which made quite a spectacle, given we were in exam conditions). I think the bottom of the flask was a bit blackened, but it remained in tact! I have never managed to open a bottle of Cava/Prosecco/Champagne/something similar without making a silly face and noise when it pops.

I am quite often in something of a perpetual state of hunger (which is why I think my current icon is perfect :grin: ), so probably! Do you ever re-read your posts immediately after posting them to check for spelling/grammar errors?

High Lord of Imladris
I have but mostly because I tend to purposely terrify my mother with them because she shrieks constantly when bottles pop. I have never set anything on fire I didn't mean to.

No. Im horrible normally people have to point out errors to me as I tend to move on to the next thing to do in order for me to fix them. Do you ever refresh Plaza just in case someone has posted something in the last 5 seconds?