I Have Never...

And of old it was not darksome, but full of light and splendour, as is still remembered in our songs.
Ent Ancient
I definitely have especially in the kitchen where I've set plenty of things on fire by accident. Plastic burning is the worst. I have never made and kept a New Year's resolution.

Definitely on the Old Plaza when threads moved a mile a minute!! Have you ever lobbied for an Eagle kingdom?

New Soul
I had, but since my New Year's resolutions always revolve around book reading goals :lol: I think I might be cheating a bit :lol: I have never thrown firecrackers.

No, but should I? Birb kingdom sounds fun. Have you ever tried to write a post for an RP in verse?
She/her.
Solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant

Black Númenórean
I have! I think. Once, I went with a friend and her family to their lake house and we tossed firecrackers into the lake. In retrospect, this was not a great thing to do. I have never celebrated New Year's Eve with strangers.

I have written a letter IC and in verse. Also a Thief Hunt post! But never a full-fledged, serious RP post. Have you ever based a Plaza character on someone (or an animal) you know IRL?
she/her | Esta tierra no es mía, soy de la nocheósfera.

Istari Steward
Ehh, as a child there were definitely people at New Years parties that I considered strangers, though my parents would not have said the same. I have never made a New Years resolution as an adult.

Ducky was essentially based on my own personality, though we have grown apart because I pretty much have flanderized him, and my IRL flanderization looks very different. Have you ever (on the old plaza) spammed kingdoms or name changes to tank your point count on purpose?

Chef
I made a few New Years resolutions in early adulthood, but they don't really work for me, so I haven't done it in years. I have never burned myself with a firecracker/fireworks.

I cared about points more than a person should have cared about points, especially when I was a teenager, so no. :lol: Have you ever dreamed that you made a plaza post, but then woke up and found you hadn't?
they/them/actual hobbit in search of a merrier world

High Lord of Imladris
No oddly enough. I am shocked by this honestly thinking about my childhood. I have never had a fear of swimming/water activities.

Yes. I have then gone on to type said post and actually post it. Did you ever take part in the Undying Lands subforum on OP?

Balrog
Neither have I. I have never hiked across state/territory lines

Never got the chance, nope. Did you ever run any CoLP contests on OP?
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Black Númenórean
I haven't done that either but would love to one day! I have never finished reading anything by James Joyce.

I did! Several during my time as a Maia. Have you ever revived an old game (yours or someone else's) but with a new twist?
she/her | Esta tierra no es mía, soy de la nocheósfera.

Balrog
I have yet to ever finish anything of his with any sort of comprehension afterward. I have never tried to read a book in French (but Imma try this year)

If you count running Hoppit Darts with @A Son From Wish's blessing then yes. Have you ever printed out your posts trying to make a coherent story out of them?
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Khazad Elder
I have never read a book in French (I have read French instructions). I have never held a kitten.

I have never printed out my posts to create a story, no, but I have saved them. Speaking of printing and saving and such, I had 17 years of the Plaza on a WD Passport (external hard drive). I went to plug it in not long ago and it began to make a clicking noise (no data showing). Clicking is not good I was told and subsequently I lost those 17 years of memories. :cry: We hates it, the WD Passport!! Have you ever lost a post?

Istari Steward
I don't think I've ever held a cat young enough to qualify as a kitten, no. Older cats, yes. I have never stopped missing my PM's saved from the Old Plaza.

I have lost plenty of posts, and it has never stopped being infuriating. I know it is smart to type them up elsewhere than c/p into the plaza post box, but I'm too lazy to stop myself from just feeling the rage instead. Have you ever based a character for the plaza off of a character from some other fiction (or history)?

High Lord of Imladris
I stopped missing those about 8 years ago? I may even still have them on an older hard drive at least the ones I wanted to save because I had to empty my inbox several times throughout the years. I have never had to house train a puppy.

I have not. Have you ever just done variants of your primary characters name for plaza characters?

Loremaster of the Herd
I have set something on fire by mistake, once -- the carpet at a kid's science museum where I worked in High School. I have never been on a boat in the ocean.

I absolutely do refresh just in case -- especially if I'm about to post, since I feel ridiculously guilty for simuling. Have you ever checked out the point / stat / leaderboards page on the Plaza? There's a weird amount of information there.
In the deeps of Time, amidst the Innumerable Stars

High Warden of Tower
Does sea count, and a big ship? :grin: I have never danced on a table.

Oh yes, I have, driven by curiosity. Have you ever had any of your characters write a formal complaint against another character to a king/ruler/commander/any other leader?

Fea
I have frequented some truly excellent German beer halls in my time, and I have danced on tables in many of them (along with the other 200 or so people in the room - it was actively encouraged). I have never fallen off a chair before.

Nope, not done that as far as I remember! Have your fingers ever started typing in the start of the plaza website URL when you open an internet tab, before you even know what you're doing? (and particularly when you were intending to do something else!)

Istari Steward
I cannot remember the last time I fell of a chair exactly, but I know I have done it, and more than once at that. I have never participated in NaNoWriMo (or however it's spelled.)

This might have happened to me on Old plaza but nowadays I just click my tab bar that takes me straight to the plaza homepage if I wish to go there. Have you ever participated in another LotR forum and re-used posts?

High Warden of Tower
Neither have I (too much writing, if I say so myself). I have never had a sword.

I have, while there was no plaza. Have you ever had your characters weep for any reason whatsoever?

New Soul
I have never had a proper sword, but I do have a plastic one I got because I needed it for a carnival costume :grin: I have never finished reading Crime and Punishment.

Yes, because I am a horrible author and my characters hate me :lol: Have you ever named your character(s) after a real historical person?
She/her.

Balrog
I haven't either, and likely never will. While I have eaten several habernos raw, I have never eaten a ghost chile

Technically yes, Frost is a real person and Caladcyll means 'light-bearer' so I'll leave that one hanging. have you ever had more than three separate POVs in a single post?

Chef
I have never eaten a ghost chile raw, but I did once take a bite from a raw Carolina reaper. I do not recommend it. I have never cooked a whole turkey.

I think two at once is the most I've ever done, but this sounds like a challenge to me! Have you ever waited to rank up because you like the title of a lower rank better?

Esquire of The Mark
I have actually done both! I’ve cooked a number of whole turkeys in restaurants, and one or two at home. I have never traveled to mainland Europe.

Way back in the past as a lad of Rohan I enjoyed the title of Horse-lord of the Mark over Guard of the Mark. It just sounded cooler! Have you ever started an RP and then immediately realized you had no desire to continue it?

New Soul
Seein as I'm from Europe :lol: , yes I have. :grin: I have never been to the Nordic countries.

No, but mainly because I'm too lazy to start many things unless I'm motivated, bribed or cajoled :lol: Have you ever made your character be good at something you're really bad at (like math)?
She/her.

High Lord of Imladris
If being in an airport counts I have otherwise no. I have never travelled to every province/state of my own country.

No. Mostly because I honestly don't know how to something means I won't be able to rp it correctly. I prefer to at least be able to be good at the basics of things. Have you ever woken up and had to write down an idea of a character post that you dreamt up?

Balrog
I too have not been to every state in my country yet, though it is around half at this point. I have never traveled more than 10 hours for a concert.

No, and you should thank your gods that I haven't, I dream of cosmic sized ticks that bleed universes dry. Have you ever wondered what a character of yours would do in a situation you often find yourself in?

Fea
I don't think I've ever travelled more than about 3 hours for a concert, and most of that would have just been waiting for a train to turn up. I have never been to South America.

I don't think so, but I think maybe it's quite an interesting way of creatively solving a problem. What part of RPing do you find most difficult?

Esquire of The Mark
Unfortunately I have never been to South America either. I’m quite sad about that, I’d love to remedy it but...you know...global pandemic and all. I have never read a full play of Shakespeare’s.

I think for me it’s actually dialogue. Giving voices to more than one character has always been a struggle for me. I can write paragraphs of scenery and world building but ask me to write a conversation between three people and I freeze up. What is your favorite type of RP’ing to do?

Chef
I've read Romeo and Juliet, Macbeth, and Taming of the Shrew, as well as bits and pieces of several others. Haven't read any of his plays since high school, though. I have never permanently lost a library book.

Depends on my mood, available time, and creative energy, but I like almost everything that isn't super in depth and lengthy to read/write. Have you ever learned a skill in RL so you could RP or otherwise write about it convincingly on plaza?

Orc Chieftain
I have, and paid for said book before I found it at my grandmother's house later (probably should've looked there in the first place). I have never tried LARPing (didn't even know what it was until I saw it on a episode of Supernatural).

I haven't had the opportunity, since other than stepping through a portal that leads to the Heart of Mount Doom in Thief Hunt, there haven't been many volcano stories on the Plaza. I have never joined Debate on either the Old or Nu Plaza.
He who commands the Ruling Ring... commands all

High Warden of Tower
Neither have I. I have never attended ballet classes.

Nope. Debate is too difficult for me. Have you ever RPed swimming?

Esquire of The Mark
I have attended one ballet class, by accident actually! I was trying to take another dance class and got my dates mixed up. It did not go well, I am not a limber man. I have never voted in a local election.

I have before! It was somewhat weird because I am not a swimmer (in fact I cannot swim), so I had to google how to do it. What is the most meaningful post/thread you have ever RP'd in?

Warrior of Imladris
I have occasionally voted in local elections. I have never been to Glastonbury festival, despite living in the county.

Most meaningful post/thread ...? Ummmm, we could be here a while if I start pondering that. Most meaningful to a certain character, I could answer, but with so many characters ... I think maybe the one I've enjoyed exploring meaning in most was Taeth's colp thread about exploring characters. Which character did you choose and why, over Christmas?

Khazad Elder
I have never been to the Glastonbury festival. I have never been to the UK. Looks like a great time with some wonderful musicians (love The Killers, Sheryl Cow, Motörhead , Patti Smith, and so many others that I saw in the History of the festival's line up :thumbs: ) I have never been out of North America.

I chose Tyrion Lannister as my Yuletide character. He seemed to be the right height, a perfect fit. Did you read TLOTR to your children or someone else?

Loremaster of the Herd
I have left North America -- been to Europe a few times for visits to family / friends and I studied abroad in Ireland. I have never won a game of euchre.

I haven't read LOTR to anyone, but I did read about 80% of the Hobbit to my current partner when we were first dating. Then the semester ended and she finished it alone, but that was sweet. Do you have a thread / RP concept / Plaza Game you've always wanted to do, but have never gotten around to?

Esquire of The Mark
UGH. Much to my chagrin and ever-lasting shame I have never won a game of euchre. I'm not very good at card games. I have never owned a bird.

Oh boy. Dozens. Dozens and dozens of RP ideas, half-developed games, threads I've given up on. I don't like to think about it, it makes me anxious. Who was the first person you remember RPing with on the Plaza?

Crafts Master
Again, many many RPs with many people over the years. On the old plaza I think it was Star Flower who ran the KD Newspaper back in the day. On this one, it was Aod Hammerhelm in an Inn on day 1 of this place being back online.

Have you ever taken part in a plaza RL meet up?

Fea
I'll answer the previous I have never: nope, I have never owned a bird. I have never suffered from sea-sickness.

I have indeed! - several across the UK. I wasn't 18 for my first one or two, and on a memorable occasion in Oxford, everyone did a good job of sneaking me into a pub, but I unfortunately later get us kicked out (I had an inoffensive apple juice in front of me, but apparently no ID, no right to stay!) What's your favourite thing about this Never Have I Ever thread?

High Warden of Tower
Can't say I've had sea-sickness proper, mostly just feeling strangely unbalanced. I have never owned a cow.

I like reading various things about people to get to know them better a bit. :grin: Have you ever made someone angry with your posts?

New Soul
Nope, I have never owned a cow. Wouldn't know where to put her if I had one :lol: I live in the city so :lol: Although that would be an interesting "problem" to solve :lol: I have never had a hamster as a pet.

Uh, oh! I hope I haven't! :embarrassed: If I have let me know! I'm sorry in advance OK! Have you ever stayed awake through the night because you're plotting or writing an RP post and you don't want to go to sleep until you finish it?
She/her.

Khazad Elder
I have never owned a cow or a hamster. I have had a gold fish, a five year stint with grand pets (dog and cat) , and a snake (Ball Python). I have never touched a horse.

I may have. I can be pretty bossy and obtuse at times unfortunately. If I did make someone angry, they never said. :embarrassed:
Yes I have stayed up many nights plotting in Drill . Those were the days!

Have you ever used The Lord Of The Rings in a job interview? I did once. I had to demonstrate my ability to speak French. I explained to the interviewer my love for Tolkien - when I discovered his works, how many times I read his books etc. I finished off the short demonstration by reciting all the Dwarves names and Bilbo's too. :smile:

Never saw your post @Nessa Saelind :googly:
The world was fair in Durin's Day

New Soul
It's alright @Drifa *hugs* you were probably typing the answers as I posted mine. The next person can now pick and choose what to answer :grin: all answer all questions, why not :grin:
She/her.

Esquire of The Mark
I have touched many horses and ridden quite a few as well. I used to see a girl when I was 18 who grew up on a horse farm so we'd often go riding together when I went to see her. I have never been scuba-diving.

I've never had to directly use it, but I have Elvish on my arm that always gets asked about and then I have to let them know about my love of all things Tolkien. What is the worst thing characters you've RP'd have ever done (whether or not it's "actually" bad I suppose depends on the character in question, haha)?

Istari Steward
I've never been scuba diving either, and I never will either short of someone kidnapping me, I can barely even stand watching footage of someone scuba diving. I have never fainted.

I can't remember the details, but I had Ducky's "brother" torture him, was presumably pretty nasty. Have you ever run an activity in a kingdom to which you did not then belong?

Fea
I've fainted twice, both when I was about 14/15 years old. First time was in an assembly at school (it was very hot and stuffy and we'd been stood up for over an hour), and the other time was at home when I got a really intense headrush getting up from the sofa - which was bizarre. I've not fainted (or even got close to fainting) since! I have never been squeamish at the sight of blood.

Never. I think I must have the plaza equivalent of some form of social anxiety when it comes to that sort of thing :lol: . What is the maximum number of threads you think you've been active in simultaneously (on old plaza, new plaza, or both!).

Esquire of The Mark
Blood on its own, no. Blood involved in like a medical surgery show where they cut someone open? Definitely. I have never sailed on the Pacific Ocean.

Hmm. It might be currently, I've got RP's in about a dozen threads. But I would bet when I first got started in the mid-2000's I overloaded myself in dozens of threads at once. What is your favorite place to RP? It can be a thread, a location, or just a broad region.

Orc Chieftain
I have never sailed on the Pacific Ocean either (or sailed in general, to tell you the honest truth), though I have been on a strait when going to visit relatives (though I haven't done that in over twenty years). I have never been expelled from high school

That would probably be the Thief Hunt thread in Mordor. This is the second time Naelia has run into a new adversary known as the Ratking! I also quite enjoyed the Halloween version. If you do a Supernatural theme in the future, that could be quite interesting. Imagine Lucifer capturing a thief? :lol: I have never joined a family on either the Old or Nu Plaza
He who commands the Ruling Ring... commands all

High Warden of Tower
Me neither. I have never eaten worms.

I am a proper Alarion on all variations of plaza! Have you ever described your character simply enjoying life?

New Soul
Unless you count gummy worms (candy) :lol: no I have never eaten worms. I have never cooked lamb stew.

Yes I have, everyday life and enjoyment of the simple things is my comfort writing, that and writing about food. :grin: Have you ever used a structure or a building as an inspiration for your characters' house or a structure in a Middle Earth town/city?
She/her.

Esquire of The Mark
I have definitely cooked lamb stew because I absolutely love lamb. I have never embarrassed a significant other in front of their parents.

Oh definitely! My favorite kind of video games are fantasy role-playing games, so there's always a lot of good inspiration to creatively steal from. :winkkiss: What is your favorite weapon to RP with when fighting?

Loremaster of the Herd
I have certainly embarassed my partner in front of her parents. Within the last week, in fact. I have never eaten a burger.

I love spears. Absolutely adore them. Not just in RP -- wargames, too, I always loved to have spear units. What region were you a part of, way back when regions were a thing?

High Lord of Imladris
I have eaten many a burger. I make some pretty good ones from scratch. I have never eaten pheasant

I was never part of the regions. I was an admin when they were started and then I was no longer on the plaza. Have you ever taken on a 'bad guy' roll to take part in an rp?