Varys’ Whispers {Halloween Game!}

And of old it was not darksome, but full of light and splendour, as is still remembered in our songs.
Black Númenórean

Varys’ Whispers

Hello little birds...

Knowledge is power, and a man or woman’s life can turn on a careless whisper.

Here your gossip can have deadly - or hilarious consequences!

Varys wants your secrets about each other - and he doesn’t particularly care if they’re true or not!

Tag in another plaza person, or a character from Tolkien or a Hallowe’en character, and tell us a rumour about them! It can be fact! It can be false! It can be entirely made up! At the end of each round, Varys will pay gold coins to the rumour that pleases him best. There will also be prompts for the type of information Varys is looking out for!

Top-Earning Little Birds
@Elaena Targaryen (Lail) - 3 gold coins
@HONK HONK (Sil) - 3 gold coins

Thread rules:
- Please don't post in bold red (#BF0000) as this will be used for prompts
- General Plaza rules apply
- Please don’t actually post anything that another Plaza member has told you in confidence, and please keep it IC: let’s not get too personal

Prompt One:
Varys has heard that some of you have unsavoury habits! Tell Varys about them, please...
she/her | Esta tierra no es mía, soy de la nocheósfera.

Arien
Arien
I heard a rumour that @Whatever I Want Claude Frollo is so stingy that he lets his fingernails grow really long and then picks the gunk out from underneath them and uses it on his toast instead of butter.

Signed, A Horrible Goose
cave anserem

New Soul
I heard a rumor Captain @Kathryn Janeway used Chakotay’s toothbrush the whole month they were trapped together on that planet, and didn’t tell him

Signed,
Seven of Nine
Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix Zero One

Balrog
I heard a rumor that said @CHAOS Chaos Elmo actually loves order and arranges their shoes by alphabet, color, and stinky factor
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Khazad Elder
I heard tell that @Lail, Daenerys Targaryen, suffers from Brimstone Vapors (Trimethylaminuria). Brimstone Vapors has been described as smelling like rotting fish, rotting eggs, garbage, or urine. Gotta love your dragons!

Ent Ancient
I heard that @Tyrion Lannister, Tyrion Lannister has been hoarding toilet paper ever since his trip to Valyria. Does it explain his tendency to bust in on people using the loo? I'll leave that for you to decide.

Daenerys Targaryen, the First of Her Name, heard an unsavory rumor about herself and would like to remind everyone that dragon-smell is much nicer than the smell of a Dothraki horse's behind. If you don't like it, you can meet the flames and you'll never have to smell it again...

Black Númenórean
Varys

Arms tucked into the voluminous sleeves of his robe, Varys heard the whispers of his little birds with relish. “My, my, what naughty folk we have here in the city of kings,” he murmured silkily. A pale, soft hand emerged clutching a small stack of gold coins. He lifted them to eye level to admire their shine, then turned to Daenerys Targaryen (@Elaena Targaryen).

“A little something for a job well done,” he said with the faintest smirk. “Not that you need the coin.”

“Now, my little birds, I have need of more news. Another handsome reward awaits the person who brings me the most delectable gossip.”

Prompt Two:
Varys would like to know about the most wicked things the citizens of the Seven Kingdoms have ever done.

OOC EDIT: Have updated the OP to list our top-earning little birds...Who will earn the most coin?

Dúnadan
I heard @Panic AKA Fleeg once clipped his nails into the food at On the Rocks

Balrog
:rofl: that's not even a rumor! I do that all the time, adds a nice spicy flavor to the chips

I heard a rumor that @Sparky Boy Thor once got electrocuted trying to plug in his iPhone charger
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Arien
Arien
Goose once noticed that @Yávië, when asked to fetch a stick, demanded “NO FETCH ONLY THROW” and refused to let go. It’s enough to break a master’s heart, being taunted like that by someone who’s supposed to love you. And Goose knows all about breaking hearts.
cave anserem

Ent Ancient
I heard a rumor that @Anathema of Light, the Night King, has done many a wicked thing in his life undead afterlife(?). But none more so than the time he went on a secret vacation to sunny Dorne and didn't invite any of his zombies. I heard he actually had a good time.
---
Daenerys is happy to take Varys' coins. If she does not win, she may smite him.

New Soul
Where to even start? But I heard a rumor that Jon Snow is going to dump Dany (@Elaena Targaryen) by text message

Black Númenórean
Varys

This latest gathering of his little birds had brought in some juicy morsels of gossip and some rather mundane factoids. Varys pursed his lips.

“Sad that the dumping hasn’t happened yet,” he said to @Gwai-Gon Jinn. “Else that would’ve been the top tidbit.”

He considered his birds for a moment, then glided on soft slippers to stand before @Iorek Byrnison. “It is a tragedy that the God of Thunder should be susceptible to electrocution. But surely this supposed superhero has done worse than hurt himself?

“As for the wolfhound, well that is truly naughty. A dog should obey and fetch on command, not break hearts with disobedience.” He pushed some coins at the goose (@HONK HONK) before him. Varys wondered vaguely what a goose would do with money but did not linger on such trivialities.

He gestured to them all to be gone. Surely, there were fouler things afoot in the Seven Kingdoms??

Prompt Three:
Lord Varys would like to know about some Most Embarrassing Moments...

Ent Ancient
No rumor yet just came to say @Gwai-Gon Jinn - Dany was going to Ghost Jon anyway.

Ent Ancient
I heard a rumor that a horrible goose, @HONK HONK, once tried to migrate south, lost their flock and wound up at the North Pole instead. Talk about embarrassing - don't they teach directions in Intro to Being a Bird: Migration 101?