IK RACING Season 1 Race 1

And of old it was not darksome, but full of light and splendour, as is still remembered in our songs.
Khazad Elder

They had crossed the finish line. Not the best placing, as others could surely pass her and Dragon in the standings, but it had been a good time and she was just happy to have participated. Taking the last few worms out to give to the badger as a reward, she turned to find him sniffing and snarling at a young dwarf who appeared to have a death grip on a turkey leg that he was holding it above his head. The Dragon wanted meat for a change.

Walking over, she dangled the worms in front of the aggressive badger. With Dragon's attention now on the worms, she calmly said to the young dwarf.
"If you value that leg, boy, run now and don't look back. Find the LAST CHANCE PUB. I will meet you there and pay you a treat to make up for the fright my racer may have caused you. Quick now before he looses interest in these worms."

Badger took the worms and Dwarf took the road. She laughed when she noticed that he was still holding the turkey leg above his head.

Balrog
Jorgy Underash, the ‘Fox’

The end was in sight! Jorgy’s little hobbit heart was overjoyed to finally get done with the race. It was fun, but there were far too many twists and turns for him to be comfortable in Moria. It had its charms, sure, it was dark and solemn and serious with architecture and tunnels that lead nowhere. If someone really wanted some peace and quiet, Moria was the place to go. Jorgy, however, was quite done with peace and quiet. He wanted to sing some sea shanties at the Green Dragon (he heard those were getting really popular all of the sudden) and relax by a roaring fire and down a few pints (aka a few sips) of the famous Green Dragon Ale. He was a little too preoccupied with these thoughts when he accidently slipped into a pool of inky black, freezing water.

Oh… oh no. oh noooooooo.

Jorgy thought he saw something slithering through the water, then was very sure he saw something in the water as a dozen tentacles whipped out from the formerly placid surface and turned the water into a churning, frothy maelstrom.

Almost too scared to move, Jorgy stared at the tentacles as they moved in hypnotic fashion. They were upset, that much Jorgy could tell. Was it because he had accidently woken up the eldritch Lovecraftian monster? Were the stars right? But Jorgy wasn’t a Cthulhu cultist! How could he have woken up the Great Old One?! Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. This was bad. He read a story about this once though. As he tried to dodge the tentacles as they moved at impossible speeds and impractical geometries, he struggled to recall the plot. The Call of Cthulhu. In the story, someone accidently knocked on his door and called to him, thus the “call” and then had to try and put him back to sleep. Or was it the other way around? Had Cthulhu knocked on their door and “called” them? Oh this was too confusing.

“I’m sorry for waking you up Mr. Cthulhu! I didn’t mean to disturb your slumber. Please go back to sleep, I didn’t mean to call you.”

Was that going to work? Jorgy began running as fast as he could (forget bounding and skipping when a monster was after you!) down the tunnel. The race was almost over and soon this was going to be someone else’s problem. Wait… wasn’t there a dwarf running alongside him?

Where did… oh dear…

Let’s finish this insanity off with a final B Roll
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

High Lord of Imladris
Sorry about the massive delay, I finally have an date for finally getting internet in my new house (that isn't going to cost 7.5K to just install the darn system. Feb 11th in the morning is when I come online permanently. My shop is starting to slow down on work so not there as much but will be visiting my parents more often over the next few days to keep this up. I will keep this open for another few days as I wasn't able to do a ping for everyone to have a chance at getting their final rolls in (I will be opening the next race today as well as it's scheduled to be opened today)

@The King in Yellow as a 'Fox' (1 B Roll - 14) +1 You make it across the finish line and the first thing on your mind is a drink where do you find your first drink after this long race?

Standings
Jorgy as 'a fox': +27 (FINISHED)
Drifa with Dragon: +26 (FINISHED)
Ducky with Slab: +8 (7/15)
Woggy with You: -+5 (5/15)
Naelia with Asmodeus: -7 (4/15)

@Lady Winchester @Woggy Hardbotom @KingODuckingham You all have until Feb 4th to get your rolls in since I was not able to give you a 3 day warning previously.

Orc Chieftain
Naelia with Asmodeus

"Whoops, my mistake..." Naelia thought to herself when she finally learned what a larder head was. The so-called larder head didn't seemed to be bothered by the fact and used it as some kind of a distraction so that Asmodeus would get off course again! "Well, at least he didn't get carried off by a spawn of Shelob!" the minioness thought to herself as she remembered what happened to Smaug during the practice run in Cirith Ungol in Mordor. Even though it didn't look like Asmodeus would finish the race in time, Naelia was planning on trying again with the next race (even though it was taking place in an Elven kingdom, but she would let that slide if Asmodeus would perform better, since practice makes perfect, right).

Asmodeus on the other hand was onto what the so-called larder head was doing to get him off track again, and every time he tried to point the only Lava Snake that was lucky enough to survive a race (even if he was as curious as a common housecat), Asmodeus tried to leap up and bite the dwarf in the face! He tired of this little game quick enough, and headed off to where he thought the finish line was, even though it looked like he would be way behind. He also wouldn't blame his new handler if she wanted to give him another chance, since he was slowly but surely learning how these particular races went, even if he still got distracted when he found a curiosity in his path.

One final B roll, please

OOC: Do you mind if I sign up for the second race, even if I didn't exactly post 15 times? I'll try to do better next time, since at least Asmodeus managed to survive this far (unlike Smaug in the practice run).

High Lord of Imladris
And as the race comes to a close it looks like we had an fox win the first race held in Khazad Dum! Followed closely by a very lovely badger.

@Lady Winchester with Asmodeus the Snake (1 B roll - 13 ) +3 Realizing how far behind they are your racer does his best to try to close the distance a bit how do they keep from losing any scales while racing along? (OOC: You absolutely may race in the next race! You're welcome to race in all of them if you like, no matter how you finish or if you don't get all your rolls in! You're also welcome to take multiple rolls per turn if you'd like as well to make it easier on yourself. The only race that has a limited number of participants is the Championship race where only previous winners are going to be able to race. )

Standings
Jorgy as 'a fox': +27 (FINISHED)
Drifa with Dragon: +26 (FINISHED)
Ducky with Slab: +8 (7/15)
Woggy with You: -+5 (5/15)
Naelia with Asmodeus: -4 (5/15)
CONGRATULATIONS to
@The King in Yellow
JORGY
For winning the first Race of the Season! They will be officially invited to the Race of Champions in November as a representative of Lothlorien!