Silvertongued [A Wordy Samhain Game]

And of old it was not darksome, but full of light and splendour, as is still remembered in our songs.
Arien
Arien
SILVERTONGUED [A Wordy Halloween Game]

Welcome, bold adventurer! You have decided to approach the great and golden hoard wherein a dragon sleeps, to search for treasure.

But the beast is NOT asleep.

“Hello, thief,” you hear him say lazily as his molten eyes glimmer open. “Fortunately for you, I am exceedingly bored. Convince me to let you live. Perhaps I will even let you take a little coin…”

HOW DOES IT WORK?

Each round, the Dragon will issue you a word challenge! It may be something like writing a poem in praise of him. It may be to tell him your funniest joke. It may be describing your favourite food.

There will be a BONUS: each round the Dragon will pick a PUN topic and the person who can fit in the most hilarious puns will get a bonus!

RP venturing into the lair to begin…
RULES

- no godmoding except me
- you may indeed post multiple times even per round if you so wish but please leave at least 24 hours between each post if so
- You may play as ANY character or characters; canon characters will be on a first to claim basis
- You may be saucy, in the name of good puns and stories, but please content warn anything really explicit
cave anserem

Orc Chieftain
After attempting to conquer the Towers of No Return in Mordor, Naelia was ready for a new challenge, and challenging a dragon seemed like a worthy follow up. After all, she had a pet dragon herself. His name was Drinch, and she found him near the Sea of Nurnen clinging to life after having a nasty encounter with some Murder Hornets. The minioness thought that he would be a good addition to help her in interrogations (which she used on that nuisance of a half-sister of hers and was quite effective, since Lathana was so freaked out by Drinch that she would have told Naelia anything).

Although she had to travel to the kingdom of the dwarves to take part in this little challenge, she was up for it, after journeying to various kingdoms to check to see if the rumors about Lathana escaping again were true (luckily for Lathana, they weren't), the minioness was ready for a new fight, even though this particular fight didn't seem to be a fight at all, more of some kind of word challenge, or at least that's what was floating around Mordor when she first heard about it, but how hard could it be? "I'm not much into word challenges, though I was a member of Mordor's Sr. Drill Team once upon a time." Naelia thought to herself as she approached the dragon's lair, or at least it looked like something a dragon would use as a lair, at least the type that aren't as small as Drinch, which sometimes made the minioness wonder if he was a dragon at all.
He who commands the Ruling Ring... commands all

Khazad Youth
Here is Rollo the Red, of the Dwarven Race, driven by his desire for wealth and riches to test the will of the Dragon, such a hideous Worm, and recover a part of its ill-gotten plunder. Although the talk in the feasting hall was that this Dragon preferred words and badinage to death and cruelty, he deemed it wise to be prepared, and so he had fashioned himself a top-coat of Dragon-scales to help protect him from its napalm fire, and armed himself with his trusty spear, forged in his youth from thrice-hardened steel.
And now, as he ventured cautiously along tunnels and passageways slimed and fouled by the Dragon's passing, his heart beat the quicker in his stout chest. He heard before him the deep tone of the Worm's slumber and felt the rising warmth of its lair approaching.
But on he went, his own selfish greed driving him forwards, fearful of the Dragon, yet eager to see the wealth it had laid in hoard.
Perhaps he might prosper? Perhaps he might perish? Who knows?

Khazad Elder
Yes, of course, she was a supremely strong and powerful 5-headed draconic goddess, evil and cruel, but sometimes even a dragon (a girl dragon, at that ) just wanted to have fun. And so she let her all-knowingness, cunning and malice lose itself in far-off places where the skies were blue and cloudless, and she could soar without care, leaving the heads to their own devices. And so, they prattled on as they entered the lair of the Silver Tongue Dragon.
'Careful now,' said Whitehead. 'No pushing.'
'No pushing,' whispered Blackhead, fearful of the all-knowing Silver Tongued Dragon.
'What?' said Bluehead, behind the Blackhead who had not heard the White nor the whisper of the Black.
'Push the dragon's tongue is what I heard,' replied the Greenhead
'Oh, this sounds like fun!' replied the Bluehead turning to the Redhead. Did you hear? Start pushing!'
The Redhead pushed with a roar of glee, and the five-headed dragon fell into the Silver Tongued Dragon's lair.

Arien
Arien
Update the First

Sillentretenmerth unfurled their tongue to taste the air. Intruders! And yet - and yet, it had been a long time since the Dragon had had any entertainment.

“Welcome, Naelia, Rollo, and my five headed cousin,” they hissed. “If you wish to be welcomed here, you must meet my challenges!

FIRST CHALLENGE!

Tell me an acrostic poem or story!

Bonus if you pun about FRUIT.”

@Lady of Shadow @Rollo the Red @Cold Drake

Newcomers all welcome!
cave anserem

Khazad Youth
Fearfully he gripped his spear and rounded the final corner to peek into the dragon's bedchamber. Behold! What a wondrous site met his eyes! On a vast bed of gold, both wrought and unwrought there lay coiled a dragon of immense power, sleeping (so he hoped) peacefully. He listened to its rumble and hiss for a moment or two before becoming distracted by piles of treasure gleaming all around the perimeter of the chamber. Fabulous armour and mail adorned mannekins standing guard over chests and urns piled with wealth unimaginable. Boxes and cups there were aplenty filled to overflowing with gems glowing softly with rainbow colours.
By the stars - this was a hoard of hoards, surely this dragon would not miss a little of it?
His heart began to burn with its own lust for gold and he stepped forward a little nearer, but! Horrors! He was not alone! There were two other adventurers there before him to test the mettle of the hoard's guardian. A minioness and a hydra, who were strangers to him. But worse was to happen - the sleeping dragon shifted and stirred and addressed them all three at once. He gripped his spear again expecting dragon fire but instead to his relief found he had been set a task of words.

So it was true - the dragon would speak first rather than destroy without warning.

He relaxed and straightened as he listened to the task he had been set - acrostics were not his first choice of wordplay, it was difficult to fit words around a gimmick but he would do his best - the treasure laid before him was too great to ignore.
Inspiration came to him borne of the situation he found himself in - he could think no further than his own dangerous situation...

Aghast at the first task that he'd been set,
Confounded he by the dragon's baleful stare,
Rollo puzzled, but not disheartened yet
O'er words and phrases far beyond comPEAR.
So grAPPLEd he with poetry in his head,
To twist and twine rich verbiage into prose.
If wealth was he to steal from dragon's bed
Care must he take to skilfully compose
Subtle lines and intertwining stanzas,

Amazing feats of acrobatic wit,
Riotous rhymes and literary bonanzas!
Every one a PEACH he'd made to fit

Despite the hideous peril he now faced
In dragon's lair amongst it's plundered wealth,
Fearful for his life his stout heart raced,
Forgetful of his earlier cautious stealth,
Ignoring his impending DATE with doom,
Conscious of how low his CELERY was,
Uplifted he his voice in th' cavernous room
Loudly he recited his verse because
The lust he bore for gold was far too great.

Would this suffice? He squinted at the dragon, conscious of its hypnotic burning eyes.

Khazad Youth
(OOC - here is another one I wrote a while ago - don't judge me on this one I didn't write it for this game...)

Tolkien, a man who loved old legends great,
gave all his life to stories fair and strong -
to hold our hearts, delight and captivate
us, who'd never dream to write ourselves,
a world of Light and Dark's great wars and strife.
Myth and fable strong told he of mighty gods,
of people fell and fey who struggled for
such treasures great, our world stood enraptured with
delight and wonder at their power and lore.
We hold such stories close to our grey, weary hearts,
all worn and tired by dismal modern life.
Can we, who slog through dreary daily toil,
play too? Can we, who crawl along our lives
with gloom, dare to think that we can truly be
as one with Tolkien's moving tragic world?
We read, and see ourselves become what we
desire - a hopeless dream that gives us hope.

This wondrous world where legends live. This great
Plaza of magic that breathes its soul to us,
we run to when Real Life wounds us. For there
love lives in hearts of strangers true, and one
is lifted by their care. Then we our fists
in Fate's face shake, and Tolkien's lore, which from
his heart poured forth - those tales of grief and war,
honour and love, gladdens hearts again.

Khazad Elder
'Fruit!' said the Whitehead with a roar of surprise. For she was an obligate carnivore and only had fruit on the side. 'Let me see. The taste of a Bree pony roasted just right with tart cranberry sauce, is a delight.'
'Roasted pony is indeed devine, 'said Blackhead second in line. ' But I much prefer charred trout with a squeeze of lemon, bitter and acidic , oh its heaven!'
'Ugh! cranberry and lemon are really tart!' said Bluehead with a puckered start. 'I prefer seared pheasant with its perfect white meat, with Pear Brulee, a delectably treat.'
'I,' said Greenhead with flare, 'like wild boar medium not rare! Tender and juicy with sweet meats and an apple between the creatures teeth. '
'Too much work, is this haute cuisine for me, ' said the Redhead wearily. 'Give me a dwarf burnt and crispy; just a little fellow with tiny hands and feet- small and wispy.'
The world was fair in Durin's Day