The Halls of Durin’s Folk (OOC)

And of old it was not darksome, but full of light and splendour, as is still remembered in our songs.
Khazad Elder
Thanks guys! Great to see you!
The world was fair in Durin's Day

Craftsman
Oh my goodness, @drifa, welcome back! (Though it feels weird to see you with that icon)
Some think to be strong is to be hard like stone. Others know to be strong is to endure like stone.

Warrior of Imladris
Greetings, drifa!
The Wood-elves lingered in the twilight of our Sun and Moon, but loved best the stars.

Khazad Elder
Hi ho Balfur! Good to see you too! Yes, I am no Youth, but it feels refreshing to start over!!

Ears!! Golly time flies! Greetings to you too! :smooch:

Craftsman
I think very few of us can be called 'youth' haha (though some might grumble and call me one). Don't worry, the refreshing bit will wear off. At least, it did for me; a Newbie Balfur is known to stir up crazy trouble around the realm. Then again, I never made it past Khazad Elder I don't think.
Some think to be strong is to be hard like stone. Others know to be strong is to endure like stone.

Sage of Khazad-dûm
Hi @drifa <3
Family Stealtharm | Sil's #1 Property | Knowledge of a woman, pride of a dwarf | Khazâd ai-mênu!

Khazad Elder
Hi Nerwen! Good to see you! This whole thing is so trippy. I am glad to see the old KD. *hugs*

Warrior of Imladris
Cracked up at you and Ducky in the axe grinding thread, Drifa. :lol:
The Wood-elves lingered in the twilight of our Sun and Moon, but loved best the stars.

Khazad Elder
Thanks, Ears. I wish I had an editor. *grin*

I was just in the The Ringwraith Review. It was the old Mordor Newspaper in the day, right? I really like the idea behind the thread. I wonder if something similar could be done with the Mirrormere Reflections? Any ideas?

Warrior of Imladris
I can't remember what their newspaper was called :confused: Ringwraith Review is a rolling Q&A with the questions changing according to the last questioner's choice.

I suppose you could do a similar thing as a newspaper maybe ... ask posters to bring news of events from round the plaza (not just IC, maybe, but also what's happening in Lore and OOME) as a short opinion piece.

Something like .... Bring your news from afar! Let us know what the Elves are singing about! Spy on the Mordorian scum! Trudge your way through the manure to bring us Rohan's news! Have you seen a Wizard? Share what the Hobbits are eating for breakfast!

Give us three pieces of news:

1. News from a Kingdom.
2. News of an Event.
3. Something to celebrate!

Responses could maybe look like:

1. Rohirric News - Eomer King has been spotted in the Riddermark, but so far WITHOUT his crown. Has it been stolen, or is his head the wrong shape after wearing a helm so long? Find out by visiting the Throne Room (linky).
2. The LOTR Read-Through - When was the last time you read LotR? Are you jonesing for that 'coming home' feeling of reading a well-loved book? Find out what you've forgotten by watching the films too much! We're already at the Council of Elrond (linky), reading 2/3 chapters a week, but you can start at Bilbo's birthday (linky) and catch up in your own time!
3. This week, Joe and Fred are having birthdays, Jill's had a new baby and Bernard and Florence are celebrating Old Plazaversaries! Go congratulate them in the Fangorn MerrimENT thread (linky).

Is that the sort of thing you're thinking of?

Khazad Elder
Oh, I thought it was Mordor's newspaper. Silly me..

Yes, that sounds interesting. Would it just keep going without any winners/choices, so to speak? How can it be like a Q&A but news like also?
Could there be RL news?
I have more questions, but I have to go eat supper. I am starving. *grin*

Warrior of Imladris
You can have what you like, I guess. I don't have the answers! (Though I think RL news might be a bit depressing.)

Enjoy your supper - I have a mocha!

Khazad Elder
Thanks, yeah, I was just wondering.

Sage of Khazad-dûm
@Lirimaer You crack me up hahahah :D
Family Stealtharm | Sil's #1 Property | Knowledge of a woman, pride of a dwarf | Khazâd ai-mênu!

Warrior of Imladris
Whaaaaa?

:rasp: :smooch:

Warrior of Imladris
Actually, @drifa when you said RL news, did you mean personal news, not news news? I think that'd work nicely - people do like to talk about themselves.

In fact you could have a rolling interview thread, OOC or IC as you like.

Khazad Elder
I don't know what I was thinking. I just figured out how take make the @drifa. Cool!

Can we open a thread or do we need permission, @Queen Nerwen @Lirimaer ???

Master Torturer
Just go for it @drifa! <3

Warrior of Imladris
Winddy said it! You got a cool idea, start it! :thumbs:

Khazad Elder
Thanks Winndy!

I was wondering if the KD OOC and Announcements threads can be pinned? It would make things so much more neater. And less dusting to do. :googly:
Last edited by Drifa on Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Master Torturer
The announcement thread is pinned, pinning this one (you wanted this one as well, right??)

Khazad Elder
Yep! Thanks again.

Master Torturer
No worries! :D

Khazad Elder
What is the scoop on opening threads? I do not want to be a pest-dwarf, you know, and I seem to not have the attention span to go read and find out myself these days. Thanks!

I would like to open an OOC/Planning Word Sleuth thread.

Istari Steward
Just open it!

Sage of Khazad-dûm
@drifa you sure as Sauron don't need my permission

Khazad Elder
Thanks guys, I just wasn't sure.

Master Torturer
@drifa Yep NuPlaza is a free for all :D We just ask that if the thread/game already exists then go use the one already made, unless it is one that would be needed in KD (Like a Mail thread or such)

Balrog
Hey everyone! So the member of the month voting is nearly up and there haven’t been many votes. I would like to implore you all to take a quick 5 minutes to do so. Even if you are not active, I still implore you to take the time and vote. You don’t need to have been super active the last month to stop by and tell the admins who you think is the coolest or the best or your favorite writer. Why am I so invested you ask ( okay you didn’t but I’m gonna say it anyway). I came up with the idea to let us, the non admin members of the Plaza pick someone special. I really want to see that idea succeed because it can help draw us together more as a group and can say to someone that we as a whole enjoy their work and their company. We’ve got a few more days, and you all have 5 minutes to push the envelope button on the bottom of the page.

I’m also just posting this in the OOC threads because it’s not an announcement so much as it’s a plea to engage with.
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Khazad Elder
@Winddancer - Hi Windy! do you think you could change the title of this; threadhttps://www.lotrfanaticsplaza.com/forum/viewtop ... 098#p30098 to THE MIRRORMERE? Thank you so much! *gives the greatest dragon of all time some crunchy elf ears*

Master Torturer
Yum! Thankies! <3 Was that how you wanted it? If not, lemme know! Or if you want to create a new thread to put the actual newspaper in, I can move your 2 posts there if that is better?

Khazad Elder
Yes, maybe moving it would be better, eh? Thanks Windy!!

Master Torturer
Ok, create a new thread and I will move them there :)

Khazad Elder
I can not create a new thread without posting a few characters. Maybe I can repost the photo and just delete it in the old thread?

Master Torturer
Leave it for me to delete and create the new thread like you want it, that way you wont lose points <3

Khazad Elder
Sure. I have more ears, by the way. *grin* Thanks!

Master Torturer
Yay, thanks! :D

I edited the old thread back to the original, do you want to use it for OOC comments? If not just let it drop off the page, dont want to lock it when its Thorin's thread.

Khazad Elder
Yeah, it is his thread. May use it for OOC. Good idea. Thanks again for all your help.😘

Master Torturer
No worries! <3

Master Torturer
@drifa I thought about just saving you the trouble and adding the link for you (which I can still do!) But in case you want to learn how, this is how the code looks:

[ url=put the url here]TEXT YOU WANT IT TO SAY[/url ]

To show the code without it doing it for me I made a space right after the first [ and right before the last ] Remove those and you will have a functioning link for your Mirrormere thread <3

Khazad Elder
Thanks Windy! I use to be able to whip up a link in notepad lickity-split. I haven't made a link since my last plaza days and didn't realize Edge has a new instrument of confusion/torture called , Chromium Edge. Not sure if that's the problem or what?

I did make a functional link in notepad but was unable to c/p onto the Plaza.

♥️

Master Torturer
All clickable now <3

Khazad Elder
@ Windy Thanks again! ;)

New Soul
Just popping in to comment how absolutely shocked and awed I am that it took a whole month and 4 pages! of the Halloween edition of Who will survive for the honourable Lord Eddard Stark to die be eliminated. :stab: I know I am easily amused, but I laughed way too much at this fact. Keep up the good work folks. :lol:
She/her.
Solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant

Khazad Elder
Hahahaa, he is dead now, Nessa.

Can some kind admin (@Winddancer :smooch: ) please pin these threads in KD?

Behind the Beards (Khazad-dûm)
Halls of Aule: Character Creation (Khazad-dûm) - Is it also possible to change the name of this thread to: Halls of Aule: Character Creation
The Book of Mazarbul [Archives] (Khazad-dûm)

Journeyman
Just thought I would pop in and say Hi while I'm here. nice to see the site running again. It's been a very long time but have seen a few names I still recognise hope you are all doing well and who knows maybe during this lockdown I will stick around for a while.

Khazad Elder
@Blue silk sword
*sweeps off her hood and bows* kimli Drifa at your service! Silk! What a wonderful surprise! So good to see you! And yes it has been a while. Eighteen years, maybe? :smooch: I hope you do stick around. I was thinking of erecting a new tent in the cave. We could have some fun with that, eh? :smile:

Master Torturer
Uhhhmm.. ahem.. I just saw your other post... omg why didnt you smack me when it didnt get done?? Would you still like them pinned? I will pin them with gold pins if you do! @Drifa

Khazad Elder
Hahaha, no worries @Winddancer ! I was on a roll back then. I forgot about it too. Yeah, they would look good pinned. Nice and tidy! :grin: Thanks!
Last edited by Drifa on Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Journeyman
@Drifa

Well met Drifa. Silk Teshvara at yours.
Kimli!
Ahh the Anikogs. I do remember me foolishly attempting very bad poetry back in the day. Think it has been about 18 years.Not sure how much RP I can do( dont have a computer and typing on a phone is a bit of a chore for me) mainly interested in reading the Lore forum at the mo and catching up with old friends.