Behind the Beards [Picture Thread]

And of old it was not darksome, but full of light and splendour, as is still remembered in our songs.
Sage of Khazad-dûm

Come and show me ya faces ya hairy lot!

General common sense please - nothing rude, or without consent etc.

Sage of Khazad-dûm
Insert comments here about how I still look the same....

Khazad Elder

One of me a week or two back, with no barbers open my hair is longer than its been in years.

Nerwen. Love the glasses! Looking great as always!

New Soul
Heyo! There's a familiar face. Thanks for saving me when I missed my flight, Nerwen. What an adventure!

Solid glasses all around, everyone!

Well, a long while ago, my hair used to be like two feet long and blonde-- but here it is, also longer than it has been in months. Now I get to wake up to fun hair surprises every day. Here's my cat photobombing me like a champion.

Okay, I hope I figured out this image thing right- here goes:

EDIT 1: also I realize I am not a dwarf. But I have dreams of growing a beard one day so I was drawn to this thread. Maybe hanging out here will help coax the beard out...

Wainrider

I'm not a Dwarf, but I hope my RL beard qualifies me to be posting in here! I've come a long way since age 14...though I had a beard back then too XD. This was taken in Portland, Maine on an East Coast road trip with my now-fiancee!

Sage of Khazad-dûm
Aspirational beards are very welcome!

Wainrider
@Queen Nerwen I seem to remember some photos posted on the Original Plaza of you in a (photoshopped) beard. Those were pretty choice! :smiley9: Do you still have any kicking around?

Khazad Elder
@Reikon Suchi-ru Love the beard! And you are looking mighty handsome!

@Mor Toast Absolutely love seeing you pop in! And good luck with the beard, hanging around us dwarves should help!

Master Torturer
Was a beardless dwarf once! Hope that counts, if not and you have a issue, come to the Pits and we can have it out there.. :P

Me and Naith, Naith is hiding, cause well he is and I dont know if he wants his pic up, so respecting that lol. This is obviously my alter ego and one of the rare times I went out in the sun.

Sage of Khazad-dûm
@Reikon Suchi-ru feel free to make a new one haha

Wainrider
@Queen Nerwen Ask and ye shall receive!

Look how stately you look!
:smiley9:

Sage of Khazad-dûm
HAHAHAHa you've made my day

Easterling
looks like maggots on your face. How minion of you. You must be in the wrong kingdom @Queen Nerwen who's not my queen. :smiley20:

Khazad Elder
Hahaha that beard looks amazing on your Queen!

Nessila your pink has brought back soo many memories I never thought of before today.

Black Númenórean
Yay picture threads!! I always post too many pics, bear with me :smiley16: All the pictures involving others are already public, so I'm not censoring them.

Here are some of my favorite photos from recent ren faires. Surprise surprise, they involve weapons/fighting. Last season I switched from the group I'd been with for 9 years (Green Court, the bad guys) to the Pirates, hence the costume change between some of the photos :smiley8:

Right before I uppercutted him with my shield, good times

Caught me monologuing

I trained for months for this moment and it was so worth it. I had to sling him over my shoulders, step up about five inches, walk across the stage, step down again, and walk backstage. He weighed about 80lbs more than me at the time

All I have ever wanted from my hair

This partner had serious hops

This is the absolute worst angle to sell this punch from but I tried to make up for it with my face. I have a whole album of this reaction from various days :smiley16:

And one of my absolute favorite stills from a show I've been in fairly recently- an infamous Noël Coward "tea party" scene, when I was playing Amanda in Private Lives :smiley9:

A couple of BTS shots from a recent opera- I'm Master Electrician for this company and my friend the lighting designer likes to take pics during load ins :smiley8:

On course at the Javelina Jundred 100M Ultramarathon last October! I didn't finish this time, but next time... *eyes October speculatively*
Last edited by Moriel on Sun May 17, 2020 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Khazad Youth
Hello dwarfies!

I became a penguin for a bit.

@Queen Nerwen , you still look the same :smiley17:

Khazad Elder
Moriel, you look so fierce and I’m in love with your characters. Great showmanship and just awesome!

NORIN *RUNTACKLEGLOMPS* You make the cutest penguin!

Sage of Khazad-dûm
@Moriel I do not miss carrying lamps like that!

New Soul
Thanks @Oro, I appreciate the beard encouragement.
@Queen Nerwen Excellent beard.
I, on the other hand, do miss carrying lamps like that. XD
@Moriel Well, you tempt me to drag out fight and show photos... rude. Also, these are rad, and I swear some day we will get to do a show together, or at least physically meet and fight. Or something. I'm certain it will be epic.
they/he/mischief

Black Númenórean
@Queen Nerwen I spend most of my time in electrics, and when I'm not there its rigging or fly so... lugging things around seems to be my thing :smiley16:

@Mor Toast SOMEDAY MY FRIEND. SOME. DAY. SOON.
Evil is a lifestyle | she/her

Sage of Khazad-dûm
@Moriel @mor] I am simply convincing myself I made the correct career choice *lol*
Family Stealtharm | Sil's #1 Property | Knowledge of a woman, pride of a dwarf | Khazâd ai-mênu!

Artisan
I might have changed a bit (the beard) and you also have ly lovely wife and my son.
Drinking ale and smoking pipeweed!

Captain of Tower
I have pictures with the Queen. :smiley10: Just two for now, from the last time we met. (All in these photos are from the plaza. It was wonderful)

Ziranphel of the Green Hills ~ Thûllir Bregedŷr of Ithilien

Artisan
Hey Karis, on the second picture you have more peeps :-) and I know all of them :-p 2 Belgians (Euri and Elessea) and Lena obviously :-p

Captain of Tower
Mognar - I meant two photos, but yes. Lovely ladies all.
Ziranphel of the Green Hills ~ Thûllir Bregedŷr of Ithilien

Esquire of The Mark
A dwarf, a Gondorian and a Rohirrim attend a wedding.. It sounds like the start of a joke, doesn't it? But oh it was such a wonderful experience!!
Kill-Stealing Skirt Wench
When others ride out to win renown, let me chosen to tend the house.

Sage of Khazad-dûm
Someone should write that joke!
Family Stealtharm | Sil's #1 Property | Knowledge of a woman, pride of a dwarf | Khazâd ai-mênu!

Easterling
Wait, why didn't you name me by my plaza name, @Mognar Firebeard ? "The American (Nessila)" :smiley20: :smiley15: :smiley16:

New Soul
Queen Nerwen wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 6:05 pm @Moriel @mor] I am simply convincing myself I made the correct career choice *lol*
Fair. I can't deny that I'm enjoying a bit of a break from the endless drive of the theatre world. I feel rested for the first time in years. XD
they/he/mischief

Artisan
@Nessila because I wanted to give you the chance to make a big deal about it (and maybe because somehow I might have forgotten your plaza name :smiley8: :smiley9: and Elessea is my cousin and the twig Euri I met more times then we have so the (plaza)name sticks :-p

New Soul
@Queen Nerwen @Oro and @Norin Deathfoot y'all look exactly the same. :smiley9:
she/her

Sage of Khazad-dûm
@Tari Thanks babe!!

Child of The Mark
Hey used to be on the old plaza and did a few posts but was not as involved as you guys were, was younger and hadn't grown the beard i have been able to grow today yet.

This was a few months ago when i really let it go, but i trimmed it very soon after since it desperately needed.

Sage of Khazad-dûm
A real life beard!!

New Soul
Ahh, such excellent beard! Better yet still, a ginger beard! *stares hopefully at chin* Well... as soon as I've got a beard, y'all dwarves will be the first to know.
they/he/mischief

Esquire of The Mark

I do believe my beard is coming in well.

Khazad Elder
Nice to see so many familiar faces. You all look, wonderful!

Happy Allhalloween!
The world was fair in Durin's Day

Khazad Elder
I wasn't always a dwarf. Once upon a time, I was a lumberjack. But Roger, with his red beard, influenced my decision to give up the chainsaw and pants for a beard (although never as lovely, soft, and real as his) and axe. He was a great Tolkien fan. It blows my mind that this was almost 45 years ago. :)

The world was fair in Durin's Day

High Warden of Tower
@Drifa , what a great pic though! 45 years is almost a century... :wink: