Halloween Town: Halloween OOC

For Fangorn is old, old even as the Elves would reckon it.
Black Númenórean

Welcome to Halloween Town, as for the month of October Fangorn is transformed!

You are very welcome to post as any character from this fandom whether you have the icon or not.

We’ve opened The Terrible Toy Workshoppe to get you started, but please do share your own threads and ideas here, or go right ahead and open your own activity! Please also volunteer here if you’d like to be involved but you aren’t sure in what capacity yet. The Toy Shoppe is also open for someone to claim as TR!

We hope you enjoy it (you voted for it, after all): you’ll find that all the ranks do not have a point limit, so you can choose any one you like - and of course, kingdom changes are free too. If you don’t like any that the kingdoms have to offer, come on over to Admin Mess where you’ll find more silliness... Or if you don’t want to dress up for Hallowe’en at all, keep your normal face and ignore all the pranks and shenanigans as you wish!

Happy Hallowe’en, folks!

RANKS

Zero

Jack

Sally

Mayor

Lock

Shock

Barrel

Oogie Boogie

Dr. Finkelstein

Sandy Claws

Igor

Clown With The Tearaway Face

Harlequin

Behemoth

Devil
Evil is a lifestyle | she/her

High Lord of Imladris
Come join the test run of IK racing held in the Shire!

See if your racer has what it takes to claim victory.

Black Númenórean

Endor's Greatest Dog Show!

Do you have what it takes to be Endor’s top canine? Enter Endor’s Greatest Dog Show to find out! All are welcome!
she/her | Esta tierra no es mía, soy de la nocheósfera.

Black Númenórean
You thought Thief Hunt was good before? You ain't seen nothing yet. Welcome to

HALLOWEEN THIEF HUNT::BAD GUYS SERIES

where all the suspects are Bad Guys™, and you have to figure out what they've stolen! Suspects, Items, and Locations are drawn from ALL the Halloween themes, and ALL Halloween characters are welcome!! Some come on down and hunt!
Evil is a lifestyle | she/her

Healer of Imladris
@Dwimmerlaik @Androthelm Bark bark! Tagging you guys because you're the two I remember choosing Nightmare Before Christmas ranks. Of course I want to hear from anyone else interested too!

I was thinking about. ..let's call it Build-a-Haunted Mansion. Inspired roughly by the Disneyland ride. There would be a list of rooms/areas that people could claim to come in and decorate/design/haunt. And then once a few rooms are set up it could open to visitors. After that I think RP would work kind of like a marketplace, as visitors go from room to room and interact with the various (g)hosts/rooms.

What do you think?

EDIT: Another thought would be to forgo visitors and make it an RP design competition? Open voting for the best room at the end? Could work individually or in pairs.
Top-class Canine Alter Ego Associate of Aerlinn Mordagnir

Storyteller
@Yávië, I think that's an awesome idea! I would definitely take part in that and be pleased to design a room. I much prefer your first idea of players designing their own room and then having the house open to visitors, rather than just a design competition. Sounds really fun to me! 🧟‍♂️

I do still plan to post in the creepy toy designing thread too, just haven't had heaps of time the last couple of days.

Loremaster of the Herd
@Yávië love that idea too! I do also think the RP element of opening it to visitors works well -- that way it could be fun for all rather than a more intense competition thread.

Also seconding @Dwimmerlaik that I've been busy the last few days but I will definitely be jumping in some of the other threads soonish.
In the deeps of Time, amidst the Innumerable Stars

Arien
Arien
@Dwimmerlaik how would you feel about running an Oogie Boogie Game Of Chance, since you’re wearing the sack? i envisioned it as people starting off with a certain amount of chips, and betting them on the outcome of dice rolls, more or less. Hit me up here or discord if you (or anyone else, of course you don’t need to be wearing any particular icon to do it) is interested
cave anserem

Storyteller
@Sil, I've had a think about your idea and think I could come up with something like that. How about everyone starts with a number of chips, and can bet them on red or black for a chance to double their bet, or on hearts, diamonds, spades or clubs for a chance to quadruple their bet. If you choose wrong, you face the wheel of chance and are presented with a spooky obstacle such as bugs or haunted skeletons, and you've got to RP defeating or escaping the obstacle. The player with the most chips at the end gets to escape Oogie Boogie's lair. It would be fun to make a game like that, so I'm happy to give it a go.

Arien
Arien
@Dwimmerlaik sounds awesome!! Yay, thanks!
cave anserem

Healer of Imladris
@Dwimmerlaik @Androthelm Thanks guys, just go it up! Please give me a poke if you have any suggestions/edits for the OP. My already limited thread running skills are still a bit rusty.

And now off to Oogie Boogie's Lair...

Storyteller
@Yávië, your thread is perfect! I can't wait to play there. I'm going to type up a post for the garden today. I have an idea for another room too, but I don't want to claim a second room until everyone else has had a chance. 🎃👻

Balrog
Wanna tell a bonkers, collaborative story? Exquisite Corpse: The Game
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Ent Ancient
@Yávië - I'm late to the party but can I try out a creepy crawly Conservatory in the Haunted Mansion?

Healer of Imladris
@Lail Yes, of course! I can't wait to see it!

Please feel free to take any available Haunted Mansion rooms everyone! We can always use more ghosties. 👻

Ent Ancient
Yaay!! Conservatory full of deathly plants should appear later today!